5E Adventure's in Midgard – North (Reaver's Spring)

Game Master Tareth

A small merchant caravan led by Rook Bentknee, a kobold merchant, travels up the coast of the Bay of Ghed to deliver goods and trade with Rook's former adventuring companion and occasional business partner, Britta Gleamgaurd, human owner of the Frost Maiden Inn in the village of Nargenstal.


2,201 to 2,250 of 2,606 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Scramsax:
Finding yourself at the mercies of the mushroom god and its allies, the creatures begin to interrogate you. Looking for the secrets to the city. It seems the creature plans to take its revenge on your home treating it to the same poisonous fungal destruction as it did the fleet. If you break, then it'll all be lost. Madame Mystra's House of Wonderous Delights, Old Mikel's Pipes and Tobacco with its rows and rows of blends from across all of Midgard, the Whore's Gate Orphanage where that pretty Lightfoot head cook worked, all of it will be turned into a fungus covered nightmare. Nothing but a rotting, spore-filled breeding ground for a bunch of fancy colored mushrooms.

That simply can't be allowed to happen. You must find a way out. A way to warn the Grand Admiral of the fleet's destruction and the danger to the city. Surely the greatest, cleverest thief of all the Western Seas won't be foiled by some squishy fungus that belonged grilled alongside a decent steak or poached salmon? Surely not.

Huh...a 4, 7, and 5. Nice. I'm guessing a roll to escape Aterro's grapple is the next order of business followed by...well whatever you like. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 41/41 | AC 17+2(shield)-1(poison)| Acr +4 Ath +7 Dec +3 Int +6 Perc -1 Pers +6 Saves: S +4, D +1, C +2, I +0, W +2, Ch +6 Adv charm, disease; Imm Sleep| Init +1 | PPerc 9; PIns 10; Pinv 11; DrkVis | Spd 30' | HD 5/5 | Status: -2 Dex | Spells 4/4(1); 2/2(2) | LoH 25/25 | DivSen 5/5 | Insp: Yup!!

Wisdom save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Still crawling, Trevor winces and gives his boots dramatic looks. Seemingly exhausted, he raises his torso on his forearms, taking in his surroundings. Hot tears continue streaming down his cheeks as he mutters: "The Mermaid... What have I done. All this- This DEATH! Is all this my work? Barbara, is this your necklace? Tommish, is this your tiny skull?! What have I done! NECROMANCER! Where do you hide!? Show yourself, by Khors! Come forth and fight in His light!" he mutters wishing for death and redemption.


Trevor:
The necromancer of your nightmares does not heed you challenge. Instead all you hear are several small belches and burps from the seemingly ever-present and hungry hydras. Looking down at your legs and feet, you see nothing but white bones from your shins on down. One of the hydras sits on your upper thigh sunning in the smokey red rays.

"Pardon me." It says raising a clawed limb to one of its three mouths. "Human flesh always gives me gas." It adds as a complete aside and oblivious to the soul ripping struggle engulfing the entirety of your being at the moment.

Just then the hydra's eyes turn toward the sky beyond the fallen banner of Krakova, and it suddenly starts to scurry backward.

"Uh oh. Don't like the looks of that. Not one little bit." It says. Then two of the heads whistle loudly. "Somethings coming gang." It grumbles as several hydra heads pop up from underneath the skin of your thighs and upper legs.

"Mmmffpphat is it?" Mumbles one chewing creature, its mouth full of large patch of your pants.

"Don't know, but I ain't lookin' to find out." The other replies pointing off to the east where a bright light humming with tingling power grows increasingly closer and larger.

Following the hydra's gaze you also see the growing light, a brilliant glorious yellow that slowly resolves itself into a woman. This one older, full of motherly life and energy. A gentle sad smile upon her face. Her brown eyes speak of compassion, caring, and most of all safety.

"Come my child." She says in a deep, sensitive, mature voice. "Come let me hold you in my arms and comfort your troubled heart." She throws her arms open, beckoning you to willingly take her warm embrace.

Vrindel, WIS(Perception) DC14:
The cries of Krakova from the center of the meadow fade away only to be followed by a few more shouts and cries both of challenge and great horror. Yet each word seems to be fading as if the source is getting further and further away.


jewel thief ★ 26/26 hp 16 (15) AC ★ 10.17.10.14.14.9 ★ Int, Dex, thieves*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Acro, Ath, Inv, His, poisoners, jewelers ★ Inspiration ★ xp: 6910

"...damn you...you'll never get the secrets to the city..."

Contested Aterro Grapple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male gnome | HP 29/29 | HD 4/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Inspiration! | Active: Prestidigitation, Hex
Stats:
AC 13 | Str +0, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +3, Wis +2, Cha +6 | Initiative +2 | Perception +0, Darkvision 60 ft

Following the Krakow cry, the gnome hunts for his prey ready with his waterskin. He cannot believe that he's back here again. Hopefully something useful is found. Otherwise, it's just an example of not learning a lesson.

Look for Trevor the wood-bee night


Male Trollkin; HP 43/43, AC 13(16), PP 17, MV 30, Darkvision 60', Init +0; Inspiration (Y) Druid / 5; XP 6910/14000, Spells (0) 4(1) 4/4, (2) 3/3, (3) 2/2; Saves: +3, +1, +3, +2, +6, +2; Wild Shape 2/2

Vrindel is torn. He's disappointed that the stranger who had joined them didn't seem to be susceptible to his magical healing.

Is he some sort of demon? Is he in league with this meadow, trying to lure and keep us here? Can he be trusted?

For the moment the Trollkin glares at the halfling spouting nonsense, then tries to skirt the meadow attempting to intercept where the troublesome paladin might be headed, checking his mouth and nose covering carefully before leaving.

At least I know Trevor is on our side, though his madcap escapades constantly deplete our resources.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Perception

Sorry Scramsax don't mean to leave you in a lurch, but Vrindel has no history with you, and is not entirely sure you're not behind all this.


HP 41/41 | AC 17+2(shield)-1(poison)| Acr +4 Ath +7 Dec +3 Int +6 Perc -1 Pers +6 Saves: S +4, D +1, C +2, I +0, W +2, Ch +6 Adv charm, disease; Imm Sleep| Init +1 | PPerc 9; PIns 10; Pinv 11; DrkVis | Spd 30' | HD 5/5 | Status: -2 Dex | Spells 4/4(1); 2/2(2) | LoH 25/25 | DivSen 5/5 | Insp: Yup!!

Trevor continues to cries, but it calms down somewhat as most of it turns to painful sad sniffles. Pulling his legs to him with great care, as though they were made of eggshells, he curls into a ball and weeps, his body shook by violent tremors of sadness: "Hung! Snrf! I'm hurt... They ate my legs... I failed. Mother Krakova, I've failed you... Snrf!"


Just to clarify, Trevor has moved clear across the meadow from where the rest of the party stands. Vrindel is circling around staying to the trees and wearing a mask. Ibrox, how are you tracking down Trevor, through the middle or around via the trees with Vrindel?

Aterro, STR(Athletics) DC 11 check to maintain your grapple of Scramsax.


Male gnome | HP 29/29 | HD 4/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Inspiration! | Active: Prestidigitation, Hex
Stats:
AC 13 | Str +0, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +3, Wis +2, Cha +6 | Initiative +2 | Perception +0, Darkvision 60 ft

around the trees like the wise one


| HP: 36/36 [DR:3]| 1st: 3/4 2nd : 3/3 3rd: 2/2| Insp: 3/3 | Channel: 1/1|HD 5/5|FX: melee: +6/2d8+4 |Init: +0 Perc: +5 | Insp = no ._.|Human WarCleric 4| AC: 16

"Vrindel? Where are you going?!"

Dumbfounded that the animagus is meandering off after trying but once to knock sense into the befuddled half-man, Aterro lets his concentration slip off the squirming bundle in his arms.

Athletics? Who takes Athletics?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Alone, the struggle becomes more than he deems it worth and lets the halfling wriggle out of his armored grasp.

Glaring at filthy and squirming hobbit, Aterro feels no need to go soft on him anymore, just as he is wrapped up in his natural tendency to not let a brother warrior alone in a hostile realm.

"Beseems that a light touch will not bring you from your stupor. But perhaps the spores are vulnerable to a more direct approach?

Let us see if we can burn them out. Either you will regain yourself, or I sill save you from death by insanity.

Either path is an honorable way."

Aterro raises his fist and clenches it.

"Blessings of Loki."

Whelp, with nothing else left, Sacred Fire on Scram. Dex 13 to save or take 1d8 ⇒ 3. Good luck?


jewel thief ★ 26/26 hp 16 (15) AC ★ 10.17.10.14.14.9 ★ Int, Dex, thieves*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Acro, Ath, Inv, His, poisoners, jewelers ★ Inspiration ★ xp: 6910

The pale white halfling buttcheeks nearly disappear into the meadow grasses, but not before a sacred bolt from above seeks to kiss them with the cleansing of the gods...

Dex vs Aterro: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

New Save?: 1d20 ⇒ 11


Ibrox and Vrindel circle around the meadow staying far enough away from the pollen to prevent a recurrence of its effects. After nearly thirty minutes of traversing the woods, circling around some dense thorny undergrowth, crossing a small stream, they reach the other side and can hear the young knight struggling both physically and emotionally somewhere within the confines of the meadow and tall flora. Yet, they cannot see him.

WIS(Perception) DC18:
At first the meadow seems to be a vast unbroken expanse of flowers and tall grass. You hear the knight, but cannot see him, until yes, just there. About fifty feet away near another patch of the purple Eefilldawnan flowers. You can see the flowers and grass swaying as if a large creature was moving around among the plants.


Male gnome | HP 29/29 | HD 4/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Inspiration! | Active: Prestidigitation, Hex
Stats:
AC 13 | Str +0, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +3, Wis +2, Cha +6 | Initiative +2 | Perception +0, Darkvision 60 ft

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 13

"Do you see him Vrindel? I don't want to shout to him unless we have to. Who know what will be attracted to our cries of distress?" The gnome asks rhetorically thinking that all forests are as evil as the Niemheim Forest.


Scramsax:
You manage to slip free of the mushroom gods grasp, but then it suddenly decides rains the fires of heaven down upon you. Unable to duck out of the way, the searing fire washes over your battle torn body with painful fury.

You get a CON Save DC12 with Advantage. Success means you come out of the vision.

Trevor:
The woman puts a gentle arm around you, holding you as you weep for the loses of the past and your fallen land. You can feel the vibration and even hear the gentle hum of her power.

"Do not worry my child." She says softly. "I shall live on and survive within those who never forget me. Those like you. And one day like the phoenix, we shall rise and take back what is rightfully ours. You must be strong of heart, but together we will succeed."

She rises up and holds out a hand. "Now come. There is danger in staying here. You must leave or join the fallen."

Watching for the lost knight on the opposite side of the meadow, Vrindel and Ibrox once again see a swarm of bees suddenly rise from a spot in the meadow about fifty feet from where they stand. Again it seems to take the shape of a woman, you can hear the buzzing, harmony of her voice, but both are too far away to understand any of the words.


jewel thief ★ 26/26 hp 16 (15) AC ★ 10.17.10.14.14.9 ★ Int, Dex, thieves*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Acro, Ath, Inv, His, poisoners, jewelers ★ Inspiration ★ xp: 6910

Con, adv: 1d20 ⇒ 16 rejoice

"Secrets of the...Heh. Who snatched me britches..." rubbing his eyes, he turns patting himself down and sniffs at his bag of 'jewels'. "Ah hell, I was dreamin' wasn't I! Fantastic...always heard tales of Red Lotus givin' waking dreams like that, or Dragon Lily. Never was too keen to try. For me health, of course... But here now...nobles back east would pay a fortune for this stuff!" he seems to quickly forget his nakedness, or simply doesn't care getting caught up in his thoughts.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Trollkin; HP 43/43, AC 13(16), PP 17, MV 30, Darkvision 60', Init +0; Inspiration (Y) Druid / 5; XP 6910/14000, Spells (0) 4(1) 4/4, (2) 3/3, (3) 2/2; Saves: +3, +1, +3, +2, +6, +2; Wild Shape 2/2

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Perception

"From your vantage point it's hard to tell, but from up here I'd say he's right there". The big Trollkin, points a finger at the disturbance.

"Hmmm. Stand behind me and follow me. I'm going to try something ridiculous".

Vrindel takes a deep breath, and steps back about 10' from the edge of the meadow. He then pulls forth his infamous flaming sphere, and starts at the edge of the meadow, and moves it along the ground towards the disturbance he noticed.

Hopefully this will scorch and destroy all the plants in it's path working towards the Trevor disturbance at 30' per round. Wouldn't be adverse to it scorching him a bit as it arrives... maybe shock him out of his madness. Vrindel and hopefully Ibrox will follow the flaming sphere in.

"Cover your mouth and nose, and try to breathe as shallowly as you can".

It pains me to destroy this beautiful meadow... but it will regrow, and my friends need me.


| HP: 36/36 [DR:3]| 1st: 3/4 2nd : 3/3 3rd: 2/2| Insp: 3/3 | Channel: 1/1|HD 5/5|FX: melee: +6/2d8+4 |Init: +0 Perc: +5 | Insp = no ._.|Human WarCleric 4| AC: 16

Aterro stares down at the halfling, not mad, but disappointed.

"I had heard that your kind was made of sterner stuff, resistant to the effects of mind-altering influences; dark magic and the like. That is why you and yours imbibe so heavily in the pleasures of leaf and bottle, for you are not like to be carried away by such.

I see I've been misinformed.

For the betterment of us all, look for your things." Aterro juts a thumb back the way they have come. "And get some pants on.

And if you see anything that appears to good to be true, be overly cautious and stick yourself with a knife. If it persists, then it is yours by right of conquest."

Aterro stares off, wondering how the others are faring, but unwilling to leave the half-man alone until he is sorted out.

"You're not wrong about their value. At night, when the bees sleep, we---erm, I, shall return, and grant us a rich harvest.

The town will thank us."


jewel thief ★ 26/26 hp 16 (15) AC ★ 10.17.10.14.14.9 ★ Int, Dex, thieves*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Acro, Ath, Inv, His, poisoners, jewelers ★ Inspiration ★ xp: 6910

"Hah, there's a mate! Quite the score, isn't it?" he elbows him in the thigh. "Right. Pants." he dutifully walks off in the direction Attero points, but pauses about halfway along realizing for the first time what the cleric said "Hey! I can hold a drink! We'll sort that out later!"


Male gnome | HP 29/29 | HD 4/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Inspiration! | Active: Prestidigitation, Hex
Stats:
AC 13 | Str +0, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +3, Wis +2, Cha +6 | Initiative +2 | Perception +0, Darkvision 60 ft

"Great idea, Vrindel. We need to destroy the blooms. We can always we regrow them if we want." He puts his hand on his fabric mask and follows the druid scorching the earth.


Vrindel's ball of fire does its job and more as it rolls across the ground burning away the spring flowers and easily igniting the dry, dead stalks and grasses underneath the newer growth.

The gathered bee form suddenly scatters and rushes away from the flames, as do the larger giant bees. Any of the creatures that happen to be near the sphere and its growing path, quickly rush away. Soon enough there is a smoke filled, smoldering path to the barefooted knight who lies curled up in a withering patch of the purple flowers.

Unfortunately, the sphere has perhaps done its job too well as the dry tinder burns all along the path and is quick begins to spread beyond the initial path.

Vrindel and Ibrox, if you go in after Trevor, there is still a small chance you'll be affected. You have advantage on the save from your masks, and the fire has reduced the CON save DC to 5.

Trevor:
With a startled exclamation of surprise, the motherly figure of Krakova suddenly disappears and the smell of smoke and fire once again fill your senses. You don't see anything as you lay on the ground cradling your skeletal feet, but the smell of crops and fields burning is all too familiar. Whether reavers or the undead hordes of Morgau, the gods of war and death are surely on the ride again.

The smoke grows thicker until suddenly there is searing ball of flame rolling toward you burning fields, villages, even entire towns. The screams of the dying cry out in pain and surprise. For a few moments it is as if you can feel the pain of the very land itself as the unnatural sphere of rolling destruction rumble toward and into you. When it hits, your entire body churns and burns as if the flames were under and within your skin. The pain is ferocious and nearly overwhelming.

Trevor you get to make a CON Save DC12 with advantage to escape the visions. Take 1d6 ⇒ 4 damage from the Flaming Sphere.

Across the meadow...

Scramsax scrambles around in the area where he scattered most of his equipment. Fortunately most of the nearby Eefilldawnan flowers were trampled a crushed by the halfling already, so they pose little threat. Unfortunately, the same trampling and who-knows-what other activities makes it much harder to find his gear. Armor, clothes, sling, 10' pole are all easy enough, but the rest of his gear, caltrops, small vials, coins, and what not are all much more challenging.

While trying to find and gather the halflings equipment, Scramsax and Aterro suddenly smell smoke on the air. Looking across to the other side of the meadow, about a half mile or so, the two quickly spot a growing cloud of smoke and the occasional flicker of flames. Giant bees flee the growing fire, hurrying north in the direction you were traveling before you doubled back to the meadow. It appears something or someone may have lit the meadow on fire.

Scramsax make one WIS(Perception) roll. Aterro can help if he chooses to crawl around and poke through the trampled nettles, flowers, and thorns with you.

Scramsax on a WIS(Perception) DC10:
You manage to locate the pouch with half your remaining bullets. Several must have fallen out when you used them as grapeshot again the descending pegasi. You also manage to find your waterskin, grappling hook and rope.

Scramsax on a WIS(Perception) DC13:
Partially buried under the crushed plants you find your torches, tinderbox, jewelers tools, rations, and dagger.

Scramsax on a WIS(Perception) DC16:
Circling a little farther away and into the woods, you come across half your caltrops, three candles, and a flask of oil. You also find your current supply of rations including your flour and pepper.

Scramsax on a WIS(Perception) DC19:
The late afternoon sunlight is your true friend as a glint of silver reveals, 4 silver coins and another 4 copper scattered in a patch of nettles. You also find your thieves tools, crowbar, and flask. Although it seems you drank the contents of the flask since it is now empty.

Scramsax on a WIS(Perception) DC20+:
Although you've found most of your things, the rest of your coins, the ball bearings, the missing candles and flasks of oil all seem to be gone. No amount of searching reveals their presence. Perhaps they went down with the ship and the young lad who called you father.


HP 41/41 | AC 17+2(shield)-1(poison)| Acr +4 Ath +7 Dec +3 Int +6 Perc -1 Pers +6 Saves: S +4, D +1, C +2, I +0, W +2, Ch +6 Adv charm, disease; Imm Sleep| Init +1 | PPerc 9; PIns 10; Pinv 11; DrkVis | Spd 30' | HD 5/5 | Status: -2 Dex | Spells 4/4(1); 2/2(2) | LoH 25/25 | DivSen 5/5 | Insp: Yup!!

DM:

Con Save with Advantage: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 121d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Trevor coughs and coughs and soon forgets all about his chewed up legs, discovering that they had somewhat healed. He gets to his feet and says to the others between fits of coughing: "The dead are rising and the Mother has decided to turn this place to ashes. Hurry! Let's get out of here before we share the fate of the fallen Krakovan and serve as wraiths in her dark army!"

He rusn to them and pass them, making for the edge of the meadow.


jewel thief ★ 26/26 hp 16 (15) AC ★ 10.17.10.14.14.9 ★ Int, Dex, thieves*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Acro, Ath, Inv, His, poisoners, jewelers ★ Inspiration ★ xp: 6910

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Perception, if Aterro helps: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Zipping up "'Fortune of the season' they said...well, easy come easy go, eh?"

Didn't have the stolen jewels on my inventory list, that list was just what he was created with. Assume they are gone as well.

edit: magic dagger wasnt listed there either. Do let me know...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Scramsax: You're able to find the dagger, but only half of the jewels.


Male gnome | HP 29/29 | HD 4/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Inspiration! | Active: Prestidigitation, Hex
Stats:
AC 13 | Str +0, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +3, Wis +2, Cha +6 | Initiative +2 | Perception +0, Darkvision 60 ft

Con: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Ibrox inches forward toward the woodbee night. One hand holding the fabric close to his nose and mouth. The other hand holding his waterskin ready to shoot, with the weight of the waterskin held by the strap over his shoulder and across his small body.

When he gets close enough, he tries to spray Trevor in the face.
Spray Dex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Ibrox manages to soak Trevor with the rest of his water as the big human rushes past the gnome and Vrindel on his way out of the meadow. However, it's still unclear to the two as to whether the fire and water have actually brought the knight out of his deep delusions or not as he speaks of rising dead, Krakova, and wraiths in some dark army. None of which currently exist within the meadow or nearby wood as far as Ibrox or Vrindel can tell.


HP 41/41 | AC 17+2(shield)-1(poison)| Acr +4 Ath +7 Dec +3 Int +6 Perc -1 Pers +6 Saves: S +4, D +1, C +2, I +0, W +2, Ch +6 Adv charm, disease; Imm Sleep| Init +1 | PPerc 9; PIns 10; Pinv 11; DrkVis | Spd 30' | HD 5/5 | Status: -2 Dex | Spells 4/4(1); 2/2(2) | LoH 25/25 | DivSen 5/5 | Insp: Yup!!

Trevor stops in front of Ibrox: "Why did you do that? Do I spit at you like that? Is it a Gnome thing? Please stop! I had a vision. We need to get moving, otherwise, the end is nigh." and he resumes walking.


Male Trollkin; HP 43/43, AC 13(16), PP 17, MV 30, Darkvision 60', Init +0; Inspiration (Y) Druid / 5; XP 6910/14000, Spells (0) 4(1) 4/4, (2) 3/3, (3) 2/2; Saves: +3, +1, +3, +2, +6, +2; Wild Shape 2/2

"Quickly! Out of the flames".

Vrindel retreats after releasing his flame spell as Trevor dashes past him. He then uses "Create Water" to make it rain along the trail of the flaming sphere, aiming for it's hottest points, in an attempt to put out the blaze, and keep the flames from spreading.

He then starts back towards where he left Aterro and Scramsax.

"Try not to do anything but sit there and recover while I'm gone".

Using Create water as a 30' cube of rain to put out natural fires.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 CON Save

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 CON Advantage


Male gnome | HP 29/29 | HD 4/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Inspiration! | Active: Prestidigitation, Hex
Stats:
AC 13 | Str +0, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +3, Wis +2, Cha +6 | Initiative +2 | Perception +0, Darkvision 60 ft

The gnome calls after Trevor, "I sprayed you with water to clear your head from the effects of the blooms. It worked for me."

"Where are you going? Aren't we searching for survivors of the shipwreck? Or to wait for Aterro's search for his glint?"


HP 41/41 | AC 17+2(shield)-1(poison)| Acr +4 Ath +7 Dec +3 Int +6 Perc -1 Pers +6 Saves: S +4, D +1, C +2, I +0, W +2, Ch +6 Adv charm, disease; Imm Sleep| Init +1 | PPerc 9; PIns 10; Pinv 11; DrkVis | Spd 30' | HD 5/5 | Status: -2 Dex | Spells 4/4(1); 2/2(2) | LoH 25/25 | DivSen 5/5 | Insp: Yup!!

"The bloom? You mean I tripped all of this? Again!?! That can't be... No, it felt like a vision... I saw Krakova, I saw the dead rise, I saw my m-... Ok, maybe I hallucinated. Crap, these flowers, they're something! Perhaps we should burn this field, no?"


| HP: 36/36 [DR:3]| 1st: 3/4 2nd : 3/3 3rd: 2/2| Insp: 3/3 | Channel: 1/1|HD 5/5|FX: melee: +6/2d8+4 |Init: +0 Perc: +5 | Insp = no ._.|Human WarCleric 4| AC: 16

Aterro lends assistance as the halfling searches for his cast-off things, but...his heart isn't really in it. He had steeled himself to endure as many strokes with the blade to bring on his own mental discipline did he lose himself to the bloom-dream. So that another must undergo some difficulty for not enacting such a wall seemed oddly apt.

He aids the search, but feels the halfling does better on his own, and he mostly keeps a watch out for danger of a more material nature.

He sighs when he sees the fire. That Trevor was somehow involved he had no doubt, and simply takes it as a sign that the enigmatic gnome and the druid had found their quarry.

"We should be about it, Scaramax," Aterro rumbles out, mistakenly calling the half-man by the name of an instructor he had back at the Order. "That fire means that events move apace, and we may regain our path. Ir you have lost ought else, we can ask the villagers for it. Indeed, that we have something specific to ask as recompense for the harvested bloom will bring some joy, instead of us asking for coin in amounts that can not be had."


jewel thief ★ 26/26 hp 16 (15) AC ★ 10.17.10.14.14.9 ★ Int, Dex, thieves*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Acro, Ath, Inv, His, poisoners, jewelers ★ Inspiration ★ xp: 6910

He shrugs, chipperly adding "Can't lose something that didn't belong to you. That's my philosophy." In truth, losing his lucky picks was a sour point...but he wasn't going to let it sour the whole adventure! Besides, if an opportunity for his signature skill came along out here in the middle of the wilderness he could hardly ask for more. Beggars couldn't be choosers, so some claimed.

Sleight of Hand, conceal being armed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

He twirls his sling a few times to untangle it before slipping it up his right sleeve again. It was completely concealed. Likewise, only now that you saw him sheathe it did you realize he held that nasty dagger in the crevice of his spine.

The rest of his meager possessions he wrapped in a simple cloth that resembled a heraldic banner of some nation, an argent galleon on a calm sea of azure, tied off hobo-style and affixed to a pole nearly 3 times his size...perfectly balanced. He looked like an afternoon hiker going for a picnic.

"Oh s$@#, that fire's real? Thought I was still seeing things." he rubs his eyes. "Guess we could heat a skillet. You're packin' the meats there, I wager. What is it you have there? Sliced ham? Haunch of goat? Damn, should've tied a line before we left shore..." he regrets.


HP 41/41 | AC 17+2(shield)-1(poison)| Acr +4 Ath +7 Dec +3 Int +6 Perc -1 Pers +6 Saves: S +4, D +1, C +2, I +0, W +2, Ch +6 Adv charm, disease; Imm Sleep| Init +1 | PPerc 9; PIns 10; Pinv 11; DrkVis | Spd 30' | HD 5/5 | Status: -2 Dex | Spells 4/4(1); 2/2(2) | LoH 25/25 | DivSen 5/5 | Insp: Yup!!

Can we consider that we are all close together now and can speak to one another? Also, are we out of danger or does it look like the fire is still spreading?


I will assume Aterro and Scramsax circle around to investigate the fire.

By the time Vrindel is certain the fire is out, the sun is beginning to sink below the treetops, leaving long shadows stretching across the meadow. Bees and other daytime insects have disappeared back to hives and nest for the night while mosquitoes and the other fliers of the evening begin to emerge in healthy numbers.

With the final splash and hiss of Vrindel's water dousing smoldering brush, Aterro and Scramsax walk up to join Trevor, Ibrox, and the trollkin, standing in the burnt, smokey patch of meadow.


jewel thief ★ 26/26 hp 16 (15) AC ★ 10.17.10.14.14.9 ★ Int, Dex, thieves*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Acro, Ath, Inv, His, poisoners, jewelers ★ Inspiration ★ xp: 6910

Scram gives the scene his typical 'I'll be damned' look before "Hey, I bet the bulbs are still good. Anyone got a spade?" *sniff sniff* "Also is it just me, or is that a hint of the ol' burnt flesh?"

Assuming the glinting bodies were consumed in the blaze


HP 41/41 | AC 17+2(shield)-1(poison)| Acr +4 Ath +7 Dec +3 Int +6 Perc -1 Pers +6 Saves: S +4, D +1, C +2, I +0, W +2, Ch +6 Adv charm, disease; Imm Sleep| Init +1 | PPerc 9; PIns 10; Pinv 11; DrkVis | Spd 30' | HD 5/5 | Status: -2 Dex | Spells 4/4(1); 2/2(2) | LoH 25/25 | DivSen 5/5 | Insp: Yup!!

"Yes, we need to destroy them. These plants are a threat to our community..." adds Trevor.


Male gnome | HP 29/29 | HD 4/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Inspiration! | Active: Prestidigitation, Hex
Stats:
AC 13 | Str +0, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +3, Wis +2, Cha +6 | Initiative +2 | Perception +0, Darkvision 60 ft

"What are we doing? Aterro, did you find your glint? It's getting late. Did we want to try to pursue the shipwreck survivors, if we can find the tracks again?" The gnome wonders but does not really ask if they were better off returning to the meadow after barely surviving the first time.

"Vrindel, who do you think that beeman was?"


| HP: 36/36 [DR:3]| 1st: 3/4 2nd : 3/3 3rd: 2/2| Insp: 3/3 | Channel: 1/1|HD 5/5|FX: melee: +6/2d8+4 |Init: +0 Perc: +5 | Insp = no ._.|Human WarCleric 4| AC: 16

"Aye, I found what I sought," Aterro answers somewhat mournfully, displaying the necklace of Sif before returning it to his pouch. "He must have been devote, to have so shiny a symbol. I can only hope he has found what he wanted.

Aye, we may as well make what use of the light we have if we have any hope of finding more survivors. Tracking in the night is a fool's work.

Aye too, these plants must needs be harvested, not only for the coin they are to bring, but to minimize the hazard they pose to other innocent travelers. I fear what would befall folk of less stern stuff than we here.

My plan is still to steal back here in the night--you can see that the huge bees retire at sundown, so they would be no threat--and harvest them all. Between the us lot, we should be able to transport them.

But that is for later. Let us be about the trail. We have lost much time already."


HP 41/41 | AC 17+2(shield)-1(poison)| Acr +4 Ath +7 Dec +3 Int +6 Perc -1 Pers +6 Saves: S +4, D +1, C +2, I +0, W +2, Ch +6 Adv charm, disease; Imm Sleep| Init +1 | PPerc 9; PIns 10; Pinv 11; DrkVis | Spd 30' | HD 5/5 | Status: -2 Dex | Spells 4/4(1); 2/2(2) | LoH 25/25 | DivSen 5/5 | Insp: Yup!!

Trevor's face shine deep red as he looks at Aterro: "Harvested? No! These need to be destroyed!" and he turns pleadingly towards Vrindel for support.


| HP: 36/36 [DR:3]| 1st: 3/4 2nd : 3/3 3rd: 2/2| Insp: 3/3 | Channel: 1/1|HD 5/5|FX: melee: +6/2d8+4 |Init: +0 Perc: +5 | Insp = no ._.|Human WarCleric 4| AC: 16

Aterro closes his eyes and sighs. "Harvesting -is- destroying. The wild and concentrated threat they present in this field will cease to be as it is yoked to a milder form, useful for social situations and, too, surgery.

If a limb has gone bad and no cleric is able to attend, I would much rather have my leg sawn off under a carefully measured dosage of pollen, dreaming of well-gifted temptresses calling my name and offering never-ending flagons, and not feeling the blade hack away the limb that threatens my life.

That is how life is, Trevor."


jewel thief ★ 26/26 hp 16 (15) AC ★ 10.17.10.14.14.9 ★ Int, Dex, thieves*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Acro, Ath, Inv, His, poisoners, jewelers ★ Inspiration ★ xp: 6910

Scram was at a loss "Wait, what? You guys dreamt of well-gifted temptresses carrying beer? What the hell...? I was seeing mushroom magicians flying atop winged horses...damnit I missed it." he snaps his fingers in an 'aw shucks' sort of way.


HP 41/41 | AC 17+2(shield)-1(poison)| Acr +4 Ath +7 Dec +3 Int +6 Perc -1 Pers +6 Saves: S +4, D +1, C +2, I +0, W +2, Ch +6 Adv charm, disease; Imm Sleep| Init +1 | PPerc 9; PIns 10; Pinv 11; DrkVis | Spd 30' | HD 5/5 | Status: -2 Dex | Spells 4/4(1); 2/2(2) | LoH 25/25 | DivSen 5/5 | Insp: Yup!!

Trevor looks at Aterro for a long time, then remembers he trusts the priest. He says: "If you put it that way, then yes. We harvest all of it then make sure it doesn't grow back, yes? Unless we just put signs, like warnings of the danger?"

To Scramsax: "Believe me, I saw nothing that resembled what you're describing..." and his face goes a little pale.


Male Trollkin; HP 43/43, AC 13(16), PP 17, MV 30, Darkvision 60', Init +0; Inspiration (Y) Druid / 5; XP 6910/14000, Spells (0) 4(1) 4/4, (2) 3/3, (3) 2/2; Saves: +3, +1, +3, +2, +6, +2; Wild Shape 2/2

I'm assuming that Vrindel only burnt a small path towards Trevor, not a large portion of the meadow. Is that correct? That was his intent.

Vrindel frowns as the others discuss harvesting the meadow.

"Do what you want, but I'll have no part of it. This place has already caused us enough anguish... and before we knew about it it caused less. Nature has a way of balancing itself, and if we alter this pattern by harvesting the flowers we might cause untold effects. Maybe the bees die out, and can't pollinate the village crops. I would advise against doing anymore harm to this meadow". Vrindel looks forlornly at the burnt swath he was forced to create.

"If not for our ambition for wealth, none of this would have happened. I say let's focus on following the trail of the sailors. I have noting against putting up warning signs to keep people from wondering into this meadow accidentally, but am not in favor of bothering it more".

To make his point he uses Druidcraft to put a warning symbol on a tree next to where they stand.

"I can make as many of these as needed".


jewel thief ★ 26/26 hp 16 (15) AC ★ 10.17.10.14.14.9 ★ Int, Dex, thieves*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Acro, Ath, Inv, His, poisoners, jewelers ★ Inspiration ★ xp: 6910

Scram couldn't quite decipher if Vrindel was implying ambition was a bad thing or not, but didn't press the issue. After all, he could always come back later...the giant scorch mark along with the helpful druidic symbols would make the location easy to find.

Another thought occurred to him: with the bust of the crates on shore, the survivors probably took the best stuff with them!

"Yeah, you should mark a few more...but let's find those survivors!"


HP 41/41 | AC 17+2(shield)-1(poison)| Acr +4 Ath +7 Dec +3 Int +6 Perc -1 Pers +6 Saves: S +4, D +1, C +2, I +0, W +2, Ch +6 Adv charm, disease; Imm Sleep| Init +1 | PPerc 9; PIns 10; Pinv 11; DrkVis | Spd 30' | HD 5/5 | Status: -2 Dex | Spells 4/4(1); 2/2(2) | LoH 25/25 | DivSen 5/5 | Insp: Yup!!

Trevor fives Aterro a smug look and crosses his arms triumphantly as Vrindel gives his assessment. "I say we listen to the expert. We go or we seek a place to camp? It's getting late..."


| HP: 36/36 [DR:3]| 1st: 3/4 2nd : 3/3 3rd: 2/2| Insp: 3/3 | Channel: 1/1|HD 5/5|FX: melee: +6/2d8+4 |Init: +0 Perc: +5 | Insp = no ._.|Human WarCleric 4| AC: 16

Aterro nods at Trevor as the druid completely agrees with him against raising the meadow.

"Aye lets be about looking for the survivors."


Vrindel: It ended up being a little larger than you may have intended. Probably a general size of 15' wide by 50' long path, with the wider section near the edge where you started and a narrower burn area at the end. But that is still a small portion of the meadow which is well over a square mile or so in size.

Eventually deciding to leave the meadow behind, at least for now, the party winds its way back around and into the woods. By the time you reach the remains of the giant bee killed in Scramsax's trap the shadows are long and evening is setting in as the sun hangs just above the horizon. The path of the survivors continues north and east through the open woods. A path also followed by a handful of giant bee stragglers flying away from the meadow, their legs heavily covered in pollen.

Do you wish to camp or continue?


| HP: 36/36 [DR:3]| 1st: 3/4 2nd : 3/3 3rd: 2/2| Insp: 3/3 | Channel: 1/1|HD 5/5|FX: melee: +6/2d8+4 |Init: +0 Perc: +5 | Insp = no ._.|Human WarCleric 4| AC: 16

Aterro casts Light on his hammer. "I say we press on, for I do not know what will happen to the band we follow in a long night. let us go until fatigue causes our danger to be great enough to halt."


jewel thief ★ 26/26 hp 16 (15) AC ★ 10.17.10.14.14.9 ★ Int, Dex, thieves*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Acro, Ath, Inv, His, poisoners, jewelers ★ Inspiration ★ xp: 6910

Seeing the felled bee "Hey look, it worked. Hmm...looks like there might be a little harvest there..."

Could I try maybe coating one of the pollen granules in candle wax so that its safe to handle, then remove it from the bee hair (corbiculae)? Perhaps adding poisoner's proficiency to the roll since its similar to extracting other dangerous substances?

Dex+poisoner's: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Returning to the glade, Scramsax spends the remainder of the days light carefully securing some of the pollen from the carcass of the giant bee. With cautious precision the halfling manages to mix an ounce of the meadow pollen into one of his short traveling candles.

By the time he is finished, darkness has settled in and Aterro lights the way (for those who need it) with his hammer. A bright beacon in the dark of the wood on a moonless night.


HP 41/41 | AC 17+2(shield)-1(poison)| Acr +4 Ath +7 Dec +3 Int +6 Perc -1 Pers +6 Saves: S +4, D +1, C +2, I +0, W +2, Ch +6 Adv charm, disease; Imm Sleep| Init +1 | PPerc 9; PIns 10; Pinv 11; DrkVis | Spd 30' | HD 5/5 | Status: -2 Dex | Spells 4/4(1); 2/2(2) | LoH 25/25 | DivSen 5/5 | Insp: Yup!!

Trevor grumbles, but follows and tries not to complain about his feet.

2,201 to 2,250 of 2,606 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / 5E Adventure's in Midgard – North (Reaver's Spring) - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.