GM ShadowLord's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

CHAPTER 2 - FANGS OF WAR

Roll 20

LOOT!


2,451 to 2,500 of 3,037 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>

DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Caspan's charge follows up on the alread injured hobgoblin in the southern front of the opposing foursome. Just before his attack lands, Selde's two fire shots flash past him and burst into flames on the hobgoblin before him and cause him to collapse in the flames.

Caspan notices his original target go down and looks to his left and sends his shoulder into the next hobgoblin causing him to flip sideways and crash into the ground. Blue down, red prone.

Wren finds herself too far away to daze the creatures given her position on the tower. Thael does as well, so he takes a few steps forward and causes the fallen creature to temporarily forget what he was doing.

The two untouched hobgoblins quickly circle around Caspan and flank him, attempting to put him down. Both swing at him with blades, but the brawler is able to dodge the attacks without too much effort.

R2: Party up!

GM:

Thaels Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Attack Caspan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Attack Caspan: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Quick stats:

HP 51/54
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip)
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 3/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: Steadfast gutstone, Blind-Fight 2/10

Caspan grunts, and tries to throw a couple fists into the nearest hobgoblin's head. The first one misses, but the second lands with a punishing crack. Pick whichever flanker is farther away from the rest of the group.

Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 4 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 4 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Wren watches in horror at her group fighting for their lives. She starts climbing down the ladder, hoping to get in a position to help as much as she could next round.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

With the hobgoblins distracted she drops her disguise as she shifts back to normal and moves around to help Caspan put an end to the prone hobgoblin.

Attack, PA, FF, Prone, Flank: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 23
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 + 6 = 19

Assuming she hits

As she slices into the one hobgoblin she continues her swing through to the next one.

Cleave, PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 2 = 15
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 + 6 = 12


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

While Wren descends as fast as she can back down to the ground, Caspan
Jillian quickly put down the second hobgoblin, but Jillian's follow through attack comes up short of the next hobgoblin as it leans out of the way. The hobgoblin she misses whirls on her and screams "TRAITOR!" in surprise.

Emil, Thael, Selde are up.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

As the blue hobgoblin dropped, Selde took aim at the orange hobgoblin before loosing another flame arrow.

Move action study target, standard action attack with Produce Flame orange hobgoblin.

Produce Flame vs Touch AC; ST: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17
Fire; ST: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 3/6 SWA: 8/8

Emil points at the hobgoblin southeast of Caspan and says to Pila, "Sic 'em." He closes on the closest hobgoblin, flanking him with Jillian and winds his scythe up for what he hopes is another devastating kill. Pila charges and pounces on the hobgoblin as instructed.

Attacks:
Emil:
Scythe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4) + 3 = 11

Pila;
Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Grab: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
claw 1 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

claw 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
claw 2 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

rake 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
rake 1 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

rake 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
rake 2 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Map for Caspan

Selde's flame burst into the orange skinned hoboblin to Caspan's south, singing his skin and sending a horrible smell into the air.

Father Emil's deadly scythe doesn't manage to do justice in this attack, his swing soaring overhead of his enemy. Pila makes up for it however, sinking her teeth into the hobgoblin and shaking him back and forth as he claws rake his body over and over. The hobgoblin screams loudly in pain, unable to break free from the savagery of the animal.

Thael tries his daze on a different hobgoblin, hoping to slow down the rate of attacks from their foes. He manages to catch the green-cloaked soldier unprepared, dazing them for a short while.

The prone hobgoblin swings his sword at Caspan, but his poor positoning causes it to miss. The orange hobgoblin engaged with Pila tries to break free from her grasp, but as much as he struggles he can't break free.

Green = Dazed, Red = Prone

R3: Party up!

GM:

Hob Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 4 = 10
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde fires a last fire arrow as the magic from her spell fades.

Standard action attack orange hobgoblin.

Produce Flame vs Touch AC; ST: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 26
Fire; ST: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael casts daze on the prone hobgoblin, hoping to keep it down.

Daze, DC 16 Will


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian works in concert with Emil to attack the one hobgoblin between them.

Attack, PA, FF, Flank: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 11
Damage, PA: 1d20 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 6 = 22

Even so, she gets ahead of herself in her haste to finish this fight quickly and she swings wide completely missing.


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Quick stats:

HP 51/54
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip)
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 3/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: Steadfast gutstone, Blind-Fight 2/10

Caspan starts brutally kicking the prone hobgoblin, showing it no mercy. If 14 hit, which it might vs. a prone foe, that's 31 hp damage. Not bad. :)

Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 10 - 4 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 4 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Wren follows up with another Daze Spell, this one against the green tinged enemy.

DC 16 Will to avoid.


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 3/6 SWA: 8/8

Emil's first attack with his scythe was just to set the hobgoblin up for his coup de gras next swing.

Pila ripped at the throat of the one he had a grip on.

"That's what ya git for waken us up in the middle o' the night!"

Scythe, flank: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3) + 3 = 10
Scythe, confirm threat, flank: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 27
Damage, critical: 6d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 3, 3, 2) + 9 = 28

Grapple, Maintain: 1d20 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 5 = 36
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Grapple, Maintain, confirm threat?: 1d20 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 5 = 30
Bite Damage, critical: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Ok. Who's surprised the combat ends on a critical scythe?

Selde and Pila both finish off the southern hobgoblin nearly at the same time that Caspan breaks every bone in the upper body of the one laying at his feet.

The last hobgoblin turns to face Jillian and start shouts "TRAI-" but never gets to finish when his head frees itself from its body and lands at Jillian's feet. As his body collapses to the ground headless, the first skirmish ends.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

As the battle ends she turns to the others "There are more, I managed to get them to split their force, the others went around toward the brambles where we had carved a path. Perhaps we can cut them off there and limit their options but we need to move quick!"

Assuming the others agree she will lead the way to the south and then east, to hopefully catch the other group of hobgoblins in the brambles.

By the way your shorturl is broken in your header GM.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

That's odd, I wonder how that changed? I fixed it, thanks!

Jillian leads the group around the east and south and hears movement in the brambles. It would appear that the other band of soldiers had come across the path that you cut through the brambles and were investigating that, trapping them between the ravine and your group. Moving quickly, you are all able to act before they get a chance to move out of the confined space.

R1: Selde, Thael, Jillian, Caspan, Wren, Father Emil, Hobgoblins

GM:

Init: Caspan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Init: Father Emil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Init: Jillian: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Init: Selde: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Init: Thael: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Init: Wren: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Init: Hobgoblins: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

"Nàdar, thoir dhomh do lasair." Selde chants in Druidic as she summons more flames to her hand as she studied the hobgoblin in the rear.

Standard action cast my last Produce Flame, move action Study Target


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian advances to begin the assault as she calls back to the others "Maybe we can keep one alive this time?"

Attack, PA, FF: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 10
Damage,PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 + 6 = 17


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Wren couldn’t make out the enemies, os she waited on them to close distance.


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 3/6 SWA: 8/8

Emil mostly covers his lighted holy symbol as soon as it isn't needed for battle any more. He strokes Pila a few times in praise of her battle effort. He then follows Jillian, using only as much light as necessary to see where he is stepping, not wanting to give away the group's advance with too much light, knowing the hobgoblins wouldn't need to carry such illumination.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Am I understanding that Emil and Wren are both delaying in round one then?


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Quick stats:

HP 51/54
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip)
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 3/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: Steadfast gutstone, Blind-Fight 6/10

Caspan smiles darkly as he closes on the foes, glad they can't come at him from multiple directions.

He opens with his standard gambit, trying to knock down the closest of the hobs.

Improved Trip: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Miss (if needed; high is good): 1d100 ⇒ 79
Miss (Blind-Fight reroll): 1d100 ⇒ 21


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day
GM ShadowLord wrote:
Am I understanding that Emil and Wren are both delaying in round one then?

Yes.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

"You will need to teach me to use the bow like you do, Sister. My decent spells have long been exhausted," Thael says as he casts a cantrip on the lead hobgoblin.

Daze, DC 16 Will


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 3/6 SWA: 8/8

I missed that the narration had advanced to combat already. I was posting Emil's actions in the transition. Once there he will attack. Sorry I did not read the posts carefully enough.

Currently the map shows Caspan not yet in melee, although he has posted a melee attack, so I assume he's actually in the square east of Jillian, so he won't risk an AOO.

Emil and Pila advance to just behind Jillian and Caspan, letting the light illuminate the other hobgoblins bottled up in the briar patch. Lacking a spell or a ready ranged weapon, he touches his holy symbol, drawing some magical energy from it, which glows around his hand. He touches Jillian, calling out "Kraftur!", (the Sylvan word for Vigor). The energy fills the Paladin, giving her extra strength with which to beat down the cursed enemy. "Do your worst!" he urges her on.

Move action, casts vigor, granting Jillian a +1 competence bonus on a single melee damage roll. It must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies. The duration is 1 minute or until discharged.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Well since they are flatfooted, he could get around them without provoking, but since he mentioned them not coming at him from multiple angles I would imagine he stopped next to me to close the gap.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I moved him up next to Jillian. Here's the map for Caspan.

In response to Father Emil's taunt, the goblin closest to Jillian blurts out in common "You shall die for what you have done!"

Thael's spell continues to be effective against the Ironfang soldiers, freezing one in place as he looks around confused. Caspan successfully sends the soldier toppling backwards to the ground at Jillian's feet just as her blade comes down on the spot he fell into. The hobgoblin screams in pain from the strength behind the paladins great blow, nearly losing consciousness. He gasps "GET THEM!" in goblin tongue.

From the area closest to the ravine, two soldiers loose arrows towards Caspan but both miss and fly past him. The fourth soldier moves up and swipes at caspan with his blade, just barely catching his shoulder (5 damage)

R2: Selde, Thael, Jillian, Caspan, Wren, Father Emil, Hobgoblins

GM:

Will DC16: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Attack Caspan R: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Attack Caspan M: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Attack Caspan R: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian swings at the one on the ground trying to finish him off.

Attack, PA, FF, Vigor: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 11
Damage,PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 + 6 = 20

If she hits
She keeps the momentum of her swing going as she brings her blade toward the adjacent hobgoblin.

Attack, PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 2 = 13
Damage,PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 + 6 = 21

She calls out to the others, "Try and take those ones in the back out!"


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde loosed one arrow of flame after the other at the hobgoblin archer in the rear.

Full attack red hobgoblin.

Produce Flame vs Touch AC; ST, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 13
Fire; ST: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13

Produce Flame vs Touch AC; ST, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 25
Fire; ST: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 3/6 SWA: 8/8
Jillian Vrosk wrote:

Jillian swings at the one on the ground trying to finish him off.

[dice=Attack, PA, FF, Vigor]1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2+1
[dice=Damage,PA]2d6 + 4 + 6

If she hits
She keeps the momentum of her swing going as she brings her blade toward the adjacent hobgoblin.

[dice=Attack, PA]1d20 + 8 - 2
[dice=Damage,PA]2d6 + 4 + 6

She calls out to the others, "Try and take those ones in the back out!"

The vigor spell only helps with the damage roll, not the attack roll.


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 3/6 SWA: 8/8

Emil let's his scythe drop, since it seems he won't get to use it as long as Jillian and Caspan stand, which is likely for quite a while. He draws his bow, asking Erastil to guide his hand and lets fly an arrow at the same one Selde hit.

+1 longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

He got a good draw, but couldn't get a clear shot.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Reading comprehension for the win... my bad. Though I think it was waster anyway.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Jillian's second set of strikes isn't as lucky as the first, both of them missing.

Selde on the otherhand zero's in on the goblin in the rear, launching two flaming projectiles towards him that catch him dead on in the chest. Father Emil shot doesn't close the distance on the far hobgoblin, but it instill fear in the enemy. Panicking and screaming, he takes one step too many backwards and plummets out of sight off of the edge into the ravine below.

Caspan, Thael and Wren are up.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael triest to daze the hobgoblin the farthest away from him.

I must find more wands and scrolls to hold me over when my spells are expended.

Daze, DC 16 Will


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Wren delays, still not being able to see any of the action.


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Quick stats:

HP 51/54
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip)
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 3/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: Steadfast gutstone, Blind-Fight 7/10

Caspan keeps his focus on the hobgoblin in front of him and follows through with his usual style of attacking, trying to knock him down and then kicking him with no regard for the niceties of combat. Unfortunately, his trip attempt manages to just catch a stray root, so he instead throws a punch toward the enemies head.

Brawler's flurry (trip): 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 - 2 = 12
Brawler's flurry (unarmed): 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 2 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Caspan doesn't trip the Ironfang soldier in front of him, but he does manage to punch him in the face. As his neck snaps back, he growls and thrusts his longsword into Caspan's thigh (8 damage).

The hobgoblin at the rear of the trio is unable to avoid Thael's daze effect, momentarily losing his train of thought. The hobgoblin at Jillian and Caspan's feet swipes at the brawler, but his poor positioning on the ground doesn't allow for a lot of accuracy.

R3: Selde, Thael, Jillian, Caspan, Wren, Father Emil, Hobgoblins

GM:

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Attack Caspan: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 4 = 8
Attack Caspan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Quick stats:

HP 43/54
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip)
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 3/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: Steadfast gutstone, Blind-Fight 7/10

"Arrgh," Caspan cries, his voice growing deeper with rage. "Kill you for that!"

He throws a couple punches, trying to make sure the hobgoblin doesn't get a chance to stab him again, but the anger makes him wild, punches hitting nothing but hard armor.

Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 4 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 4 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde took a moment to aim before loosing a flaming arrow at the yellow hobgoblin.

Move action study target, standard action attack with Produce Flame on yellow hobgoblin in the back.

Produce Flame vs Touch AC; ST: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 = 18
Fire; ST: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

Produce Flame 2/5 remaining


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian takes a deep breath, seeing the one hobgoblin cut into Caspan and his anger getting the best of him. She turns her attention to the still standing hobgoblin to try and help Caspan out.

Attack, PA, FF: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 24
Damage,PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 4 + 6 = 18

Aiming for the shoulder and cutting across the hobgoblin's chest she continues the downward swing toward the prone hobgbolin.

Cleave, PA, Prone: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 2 + 4 = 20
Damage,PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 + 6 = 19

Forgot to mention this but my AC is -2 when I cleave.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

With his cantrips at least helping stall the hobgoblins, Thael continues to try them, this time on one in the front line.

Daze, DC 16 Will, targeting any still up.


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 3/6 SWA: 8/8

Emil grunts in surprise at the elimination of a hobgoblin thanks to gravity. He sends another flying but it serves more to threaten a more accurate shot to come, as again he can't aim properly with the combat in front of him.

+1 longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Wren moves closer to the group, trying to pick out a hobgoblin in the front to Daze as well.

Will DC 16.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Caspan's attacks are powerful but not terribly accurate, both of them missing the attacker in front of him. Emil's arrow flies well off the mark as well, the cleric finding his distance and preparing for another shot.

A second arrow whooshes past Caspan and this one embeds itself in the chest of the Ironfang archer at the far end of the burned foliage path, the enemy crying out in pain as his skin begins to boil.

Jillian's attack is so powerful than it cuts clean through the first hobgoblin in front of her and Caspan and then again through the second. Both enemies drop unconscious and immediate begin to fill the burnt vegetation with red blood.

Wren and Thael both launch a spell to daze the final hobgoblin and it overwhelms his mind, temporarily freezing his resistance and making him forego a counterattack.

R4: Selde, Thael, Jillian, Caspan, Wren, Father Emil, Hobgoblin

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde continued to loose flame arrows at the remaining hobgoblin.

Full attack on yellow

Produce Flame vs Touch AC; ST, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 23
Fire; ST: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

Produce Flame vs Touch AC; ST, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 19
Fire; ST: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

As Selde starts to hammer the last remaining hobgoblin she calls out the group "Don't kill it, let's try and keep it alive at least long enough we can interrogate it!"

Assuming it is still alive she walks up and tries to smack it on the side of the head with the flat of her blade.

Attack, PA, FF, NL: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 2 + 2 - 4 = 9
Damage,PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 + 6 = 14 Non-lethal damage

The awkwardness of the movement though, makes it so she misses completely.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael refrains from using his cantrip again, knowing it wouldn't affect the same creature twice so quickly.

He has no other spells to expend, so he waits for his companions to subdue it.


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

I'm at work, so I can see the map; but I have no dynamic lighting, so I still can't see anything. :)

Quick stats:

HP 43/54
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip)
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 3/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: Steadfast gutstone, Blind-Fight 7/10

Caspan continues punching and kicking at any further attackers. He grunts at Jillian's orders, but tries to hit it in the ribs instead of the head, in hopes of not killing it. Going nonlethal

Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 4 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Miss (high is good)?: 1d100 ⇒ 62
Reroll?: 1d100 ⇒ 50

Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 4 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Miss (high is good)?: 1d100 ⇒ 10
Reroll?: 1d100 ⇒ 2

Crit?: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 4 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 3/6 SWA: 8/8

Emil gives up on arrows and drops his bow, following Caspan closer to the last foe. He draws his hammer to emphasize how outnumbered he is and hopes the goon will surrender. He is ready to heal him should he come close to death.

2,451 to 2,500 of 3,037 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.