GM Dak - War for the Crown 2

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 2: Songbird, Scion, Saboteur
Part 1: Songbird

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Start Day: Oathday, 1st of Pharast, 4718
Current Day: Moonday, 12th of Pharast, 4718


1,801 to 1,850 of 1,920 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 4 | hp 36/36 NL (0) | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | CMD 20 | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: fatigued

With mutton, chicken, and (of course) fish being the meat staples back in Little Oppara, Capricia goes a bit beef-crazy at the dinner, savoring every bite of the succulent meat. She doesn't talk much--it's not polite to talk with your mouth full, after all--but tries to listen in to Baron Okerra's conversations to form a better understanding of the man.

Sense Motive (detect bias): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

In a bit of a dice rut at the moment....


Male Gnome Wizard (Transmuter) 4 | HP 30/30 | AC 10 | T 10 | FF 10 | CMD 8 | Fort +4 | Ref +1 (-1 vs traps/hazards) | Will +6 (+8 vs fear/despair/illusion) | Init +3 | Perc +9 (+7 to avoid surprise) |

Arriving at dinner, Bimble decides he's spent a bit too much time chatting with nobility and not enough with Tribute Onora Piscum. He introduces himself. "Bimble Ficklebopper, at your service, Miss Piscum. I heard from Lady Rossana that you're both the mayor and sheriff of Stachys now? You must have deep roots in the town. Do you know who's been taking care of the Betony estate since her passing? It looked good as new in there!" Bimble tries to keep his language and manner casual, having been told that is her preference.

I'm just going to roll twice for the two social rounds.
K. Local: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
K. Local: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Capricia is amazed at the new foods and is really enjoying her steak that is flavored to perfection. She tries to listen in to Baron Okerra to get a better feel for the man, but between her focus on her meal and everyone else talking she can't get much of use from her attempt.

No Success.

Bimble spends most of the dinner talking with Onara when she isn't busy with Sara. As they discuss the Betony estate it quickly becomes clear that the town thinks it is haunted by Lady Betony's ghost and most of the townsfolk stay away. Onara admits "I stop by once a month just to make sure the place is locked up still and no looters or squatters have been by. You already went by then? Did you run into any ghosts while you were there?"

Eventually she notes "I must say, I'm glad you and the others have come and I no longer have to look in on the place. Plus, it seems Lady Thorn has some very knowledgeable companions with her. When I return I will be sure to throw my support behind you and your friends to the people of Stachys. I should only hope it will help to give you an upper hand in improving things there."

+2 Successful influence. She is now friendly and when you are all back in Stachy the rest of the town will have their attitude shifted one step up in the positive.

Once everyone has eaten to nearly their fill a delicious assortment of desserts are brought out for the guests to enjoy from fresh fruit to pie.

On to round 3!


|HP: 29/29| AC: 18 T:14 FF:14 | F: +2, R: +8, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Bluff +6, UMD +10 [(+d6) Dip +7, DD +12, Per/SM +10, Spl +10, Knw +7/8] | Lvl 1: 3/3 | Panache 4/4, Inspiration 4/4 |Active conditions:

Caspian, sensing that he's got all he is likely to get from his brother, takes advantage of the course change to go and converse with the Baron.

"Baron Okerra. How is your daughter? Selli, I think? I recall her being a very energetic child. Has she calmed down yet, or does she take after you and your martial exploits?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (10) + (4) + 7 = 21


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 4 | hp 36/36 NL (0) | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | CMD 20 | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: fatigued

While Caspian amiably chats up the baron, Capricia tries a couple of pieces of local fruits to judge how they compare to what she sampled in the tropics. All the while she surreptitiously studies Baron Okerra's responses, mannerisms, and interactions with others at the table.

Detect Motive (detect bias): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Aasimar NG Whimsy Oracle 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | Acid, Cold, Electricity 5 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +4 | Will +5 | Init +3 | Perc +2, Darkvision| Spells 1-6/7; 2-4/4 | Bluff 10, Dip 13, Disg 8, Hist 5, Local 8, Noble 12, SeMo 9, SofH 9, Slth 10 | crossbow 7+1 (1d8) | Charm 1/1: +2 Dip or Bluff; Admirers 1/1: Artist, Merchants, Nobles start up

Finding a way in with her limited knowledge of history, Rossana begins to continue her conversation, only to be quite distracted by the appearance of all the desserts.

Know History: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 to influence the Baroness.


Female Human (Taldan) Bard (Wit) 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8 | 1st 5/5 spells 2nd 2/2| 11/13 performances
Conditions:
None!!!

And Sara continues to trade stories between Onora, Bimble, and the Finch.

round 3
knowledge local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Baron Okerra chuckles "Ah, yes Selli is good and as high spirited as ever. Though I must admit I've recently been trying to foster more of an interest in academia with her. After losing her mother, I don't think I could bare to loose her too. At least if she was hid away reading books and studying, she would be safe..."

+1 Successful influence.

Capricia stays nearby Caspian and the Baron listening in as they talk. It becomes very clear that the man respects integrity, and has a predilection for other lawful characters.

Bias successfully discovered

Rossana continues discussing history with the Baroness, but the breadth of her knowledge seems to be reached as she gets distracted by all the delicious deserts. The Baroness excuses herself so that Rossana can enjoy some treats.

No Success

Sara, Onara and Purple Finch are laughing up a storm as they enjoy dessert, sharing various stories of their youth and growing up in a more common setting.

+1 successful influence.

Bimble himself gets distracted by the dessert, never one to turn down a good pie.

Once the feast is finished, the servants clear away the tables and chairs, opening up the ballroom for the next spectacle of the evening. A fanfare of trumpets announces the arrival of six halflings dressed like Taldan heroes of yore. They ride atop miniature, gaudily painted chariots pulled by dogs. The charioteers pause to caper and cavort for the noble audience as the servants lay out a racetrack within the ballroom, marked by pennants and whitewashed arches.

As the servants finalize the impromptu chariot track, Purple Finch walks over to the Betony party. Her arms are overflowing as she juggles over a dozen silken sachets. She passes them out to you, three apiece, as she explains.

"The charioteers will race for three dogged laps. You can use these to try and distract the other racers to ensure that your champion finishes first and does not come up short."

A sudden, pained look of anxiety crosses Alista's face - visible even beneath her Purple Finch mask - as she worries whether making a "short" joke about halflings is crossing a line too far.

Perception DC22:

Sir Gul Gusairne appears to be quite disdainful of this event.

Pick a racer to back: Red, Blue, Green, Gold, White, or Black. The halflings race about the ballroom three times, dodging a series of obstacles on the way, while the guests look on and cheer their champions. To spice things up, each guest is given three silken sachets filled with brightly colored powder to hurl at racers in an attempt to blind them. Anyone who throws a sachet at a passing racer must make a ranged attack against AC 14 to hit the driver, or AC 18 to temporarily blind the driver; the sachets count as improvised weapons. Characters can hurl only one sachet each round. You are also welcome to not participate if you prefer.

You will also have one additional social round during the race to interact with NPCs.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 4 | hp 36/36 NL (0) | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | CMD 20 | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: fatigued

Capricia takes the sachets and looks at the halfling racers to see if one catches her fancy as her chosen champion.

Two Questions for GM Dak:

1) Who the heck is Sir Gul Gusairne?
2) Do any of the halfling racers wear the attire of a rondelero fighter?

Perception Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


|HP: 29/29| AC: 18 T:14 FF:14 | F: +2, R: +8, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Bluff +6, UMD +10 [(+d6) Dip +7, DD +12, Per/SM +10, Spl +10, Knw +7/8] | Lvl 1: 3/3 | Panache 4/4, Inspiration 4/4 |Active conditions:

Guisarne is the Lotheed family steward. Dull bugger and deadly serious.

Caspian winces at the further evidence of Bartelby's dubious taste in entertainment and declines any sachets - he doesn't need to make the drivers tasks any harder than they are already.

"Not the most edifying spectacle." He remarks to the Baron. "I know they'll be well paid, but still, it is a shame that the local economy forces them to this." He continues in this vein, quizzing the Baron about the local economic situation and making no secret of his disapproval of the decline he's seen in Lotheedar since he returned.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (19) + (4) + 7 = 30


Female Human (Taldan) Bard (Wit) 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8 | 1st 5/5 spells 2nd 2/2| 11/13 performances
Conditions:
None!!!

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

While Sara delights in the colored powder and accepts them gladly, she has no intention of throwing them at the halflings. But she will cheer them on.


Aasimar NG Whimsy Oracle 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | Acid, Cold, Electricity 5 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +4 | Will +5 | Init +3 | Perc +2, Darkvision| Spells 1-6/7; 2-4/4 | Bluff 10, Dip 13, Disg 8, Hist 5, Local 8, Noble 12, SeMo 9, SofH 9, Slth 10 | crossbow 7+1 (1d8) | Charm 1/1: +2 Dip or Bluff; Admirers 1/1: Artist, Merchants, Nobles start up

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Rossana's nose twitches at the smell hits her sensitive nose. "No, thank you, Lady Alista," she declines.

Instead, Rossana seeks out Lady Onora to introduce herself to the current authority in Stachys. "Good evening, Lady Piscum. I believe my retainers have spoken with you a bit, but I felt I had to make myself known as well. I am Lady Rossana Thorn who will be taking over the Betony estate. I don't have much in the way of experience out here in the countryside, but I want to try my best to help the people out here that are in need. Tell me, what are your thoughts on what could help Stachys and the surrounding area here?" Rossana avoids commenting on the poor taste in the ongoing races unless Lady Onora shows her disapproval.

Know Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 to influence Onora Piscum.


Female Human (Taldan) Bard (Wit) 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8 | 1st 5/5 spells 2nd 2/2| 11/13 performances
Conditions:
None!!!

Sara passes Rossana, giving her friend a quick grin as they trade conversation partners.

Standing near the Baroness Voinum as the race starts, she introduces herself for the first time. Bowing a proper curtsey to a member vastly outranking her in status, "It is a pleasure to be in your presence Baroness. I am a friend of Lady Rossana, Sara Nole, bettering myself at the moment through her patronage. Though my true calling is following in my father's footsteps in the culinary arts." once she has done so and hopefully not told to go away she'll ask what she thinks of the race.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 not sure if the following in your father footsteps would count for the tradition weakness so didn't include it


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Oh ho ho a new-ish NPC? :P He has been mentioned or present a few times. 1, 2, 3.

Capricia:
You don't spot any rondelero looking halflings, but you do note that Lord Titus is specifically rooting for the red one.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 4 | hp 36/36 NL (0) | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | CMD 20 | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: fatigued

Dak Made Me Do It....

Capricia's intending to mind her own business in the race...at least initially. Then she positions herself course-side and hurls one of her sachets into the midst of the racers.

Round 1: Capricia ranged attack (Aiming for eyes of red; improvised): 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 4 = 10

Round 2: Capricia ranged attack (Aiming for eyes of red; improvised): 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 4 = 14

Round 3: Capricia ranged attack (Aiming for eyes of red; improvised): 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 4 = 13

Dammit!!!


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

While none other than Capricia actually participate in the event they each go to speak to other various patrons. Caspian approaches Baron Okerra and comments the local economy. The Baron frowns but nods "Indeed, though even in good times, there are always those looking to make more than what they had, so this ridiculous event carries on year after year."

+1 Successful influence. The Baron has been completely influenced.

Rossana goes to introduce herself to Onara who is thoroughly enjoying the spectacle, routing for the blue halfling herself. After her introduction and question Onara curtsies and replies "My Lady, a pleasure to meet you officially. Honestly, there is a lot that can be done, but at the base of it simply putting more money into improvements to help the people..."

The blue one get a bit of a lead and it draws Onara's attention briefly as she lets out an excited cheer.

+1 Successful influence.

Sara goes over to meet Baroness Voinum who isn't nearly as entertained by the halfling, but watches none the less. After Sara introduction she bows her head in greeting and simply replies. "Well I suppose if things don't work out with you and your patron you will be able to fall back on something..." She turns her attention back to the race, seeminly not very impressed with Sara.

No Success

Capricia joins in on the festivities, if nothing else than to spit Titus and his preferred halfling. Sadly, her aim is off and she fails to blind the halfling but she does at least manage to hit him once causing him some difficulty which does slow him down.

After the final lap, the Blue charioteer crosses the finish line first, eliciting cheers from Count Lotheed and Onara, as well as the hint of a smile from Baron Okerra. Gold finishes in second place, followed closely by Red, the racer supported by Lord Titus' drunken voice who glares at Capricia for her help in getting him to loose.

.....

The halflings, their chariots, and their canine steeds are ushered out a door to the gardens. Sir Gusairne summons a new cadre of servants armed with push brooms to sweep away the dusting of powder from the sachets. Count Lotheed's right-hand man grumbles about the way his halfling servants were abused by the nobles, shaking his head in impotent frustration.

Several of the dining tables, freshly cleaned, have been moved to adjoining entertaining spaces, and decks of cards have been laid out upon their surfaces. Meanwhile, a troupe of musicians enters from the topiary garden. Purple Finch grinds her teeth as she watches them set up and tune their instruments.

"Should we hire the flutist for the musical performance? No, let's slap a mask on her and call her a jester," she fumes not-so-quietly.

Meanwhile, Dame Crabbe quickly turns her head, looking first to the card tables, then the soon-to-be dance floor, and then back again, clearly caught in a dilemma.

"Oh, phooey. They are setting up for Last Azlant," she says, gripping the hem of one of her petticoats, "But I need to play steward for Sepsinia's dance card."

The first evening of the Jubilee concludes with dancing and cards.
There will be 4 social rounds during this event. You can decide whether to play cards or seek one or more dance partners.
To Note, so far you've managed to completely influence Count Lotheed and Baron Okerra.


Aasimar NG Whimsy Oracle 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | Acid, Cold, Electricity 5 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +4 | Will +5 | Init +3 | Perc +2, Darkvision| Spells 1-6/7; 2-4/4 | Bluff 10, Dip 13, Disg 8, Hist 5, Local 8, Noble 12, SeMo 9, SofH 9, Slth 10 | crossbow 7+1 (1d8) | Charm 1/1: +2 Dip or Bluff; Admirers 1/1: Artist, Merchants, Nobles start up

Overhearing Alista's words, Rossana replies, "Perhaps there will be time later in which you can show us your skills personally."

Rossana heads over to Lady Dame Crabbe. "Lady Dame Crabbe, if you would like, I could take Lady Sepsina over to dance with the eligible men. I know all of the dances and how best to make one's way across a ballroom floor, and it would leave you to be able to play without distraction or worry."

Perform (Dance): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 to influence Dame Crabbe.


Female Human (Taldan) Bard (Wit) 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8 | 1st 5/5 spells 2nd 2/2| 11/13 performances
Conditions:
None!!!

Sara soothes their dear finch, slipping her arm into hers, "If you'd like I'd be honored to hear you perform later." she says with a friendly smile.

Dancing! Sara is delighted at the prospect, but she is there at this party not for delights. Instead, she is here to make the land a better place. Of their potential conquests, few are suitable dance partners, bringing a slight pout to her lips. Oh well, what one gives up for the country you love.

Going over to Piscum, now that her lady has abandoned her, "My Honorable Tribune Piscum, you wouldn't wish to whisk a poor lonely mouse away to the dance floor? I am slightly rubbish at dancing but do so enjoy them regardless."

Whether or not Piscum takes her up on her offer, Sara will stay with her and entertain her with simply talking, peppering in stories, vivid descriptions, using her famous Nole velvety voice to her utmost advantage. Though in truth, with Onora it is easy, like talking to a friend instead of someone she needs to manipulate into liking her and her comrades.

perform orartory: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 to influence Piscum


|HP: 29/29| AC: 18 T:14 FF:14 | F: +2, R: +8, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Bluff +6, UMD +10 [(+d6) Dip +7, DD +12, Per/SM +10, Spl +10, Knw +7/8] | Lvl 1: 3/3 | Panache 4/4, Inspiration 4/4 |Active conditions:

Does Voinum look like she has a preference?


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

She is eye the cards.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 4 | hp 36/36 NL (0) | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | CMD 20 | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: fatigued

Capricia plays the wallflower and bodyguard, keeping a close eye on her charge, Rossana. Still, she keeps her eyes and ears open, trying to better figure out Lady Piscum.

Sense Motive (discover bias): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


|HP: 29/29| AC: 18 T:14 FF:14 | F: +2, R: +8, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Bluff +6, UMD +10 [(+d6) Dip +7, DD +12, Per/SM +10, Spl +10, Knw +7/8] | Lvl 1: 3/3 | Panache 4/4, Inspiration 4/4 |Active conditions:

"Baroness, shall we play?" Caspian asks, drawing out a chair for the Baroness. He shuffles with practiced dexterity and deals hands, keeping up a light chatter as the round continues, making particular reference to some of the great Last Azlant matches of the past.

Knw His: 1d20 + 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + (5) + 7 = 13


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Dame Crabbe is almost giddy when Rossana offers to chaperon her daughter so she can enjoy the games of cards and happily agrees to the offered assistance. She looks up ever now and then spotting Rossana giving her daughter instruction on various dances with a big smile.

+2 Successful influence.

Sara asks Onara to join her in a dance and the woman grins and nods, knowing it's unlikely any of the other nobles had plans to ask her, so she might as well enjoy herself with a friend. The two woman chat as they dance together like old friends. Eventually Onara notes to Sara "You know, I really like you and if your Lady is wise enough to have someone like you helping her along then I'm glad you all will be helping to manage things in Stachys! When I get back to town I'll be sure to spread the good word about your group and your Lady. Help to garner some favor for you around town and hopefully get people a little more cooperative. she finishes with a solid nod and a smile.

+2 Successful influence. Onara is now Helpful and completely influenced.

Capricia keeps an eye on Sara and Onara as they chat and dance while making sure everything is ok with Rossana. Luckily their don't seem to be any threats or real danger here so it's not too difficult to focus on Onara and get a better feel for the woman.

Tribune Piscum despises anyone who flaunts their wealth and power, but she warms up to anyone who clearly understands a practical skill or two, such as Craft, Handle Animal, Profession, or Survival.

Bias discovered.

Baroness Voinum and Caspian get into a heated game of cards, and they talk history while they play, but Caspian is a bit too distracted by the Baroness solidly walking over him in the game that he keeps loosing his train of thought while attempting to impress the Baroness.

No success

Bimble heads off to bed for the evening, with it already getting late. Leaving the younger more spry members of his group to enjoy the evening.

After the first dance, an attractive woman in her late forties arrives at the party. After a few moments of genuine surprise among those at the gathering, she formally introduces herself as Duchess Veleto Lotheed.

Perception DC 35:

Something is off about the woman it looks as though she is actually made of very fine layers of paint and not actual flesh.

She begins looking around the dance hall for a partner. As Count Lotheed takes note of the new arrival he promptly excuses himself from the guest he was speaking with and begins to walk toward his aunt at a hurried pace. Caspian is a little surprised to see the woman here as he had been under the impression the woman was dead or missing after absentee Duke Lotheed, his father's brother, had disappeared so many years ago which started the whole mess of his family taking over and it eventually being too much for his father and likely played a part in his suspicious death, thus elevating Bartleby to know manage the county and estate.

Let me know if anyone does anything.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 4 | hp 36/36 NL (0) | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | CMD 20 | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: fatigued

Capricia can't hit that DC; she'll continue to be a wallflower/spectator.


|HP: 29/29| AC: 18 T:14 FF:14 | F: +2, R: +8, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Bluff +6, UMD +10 [(+d6) Dip +7, DD +12, Per/SM +10, Spl +10, Knw +7/8] | Lvl 1: 3/3 | Panache 4/4, Inspiration 4/4 |Active conditions:

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 10 + (4) = 17

"My dear Aunt..." Caspian exclaims, hurrying forward to take her by the hand. "What on earth are you doing here? It's been so long." He leans in to kiss her on either cheek and draws her off to the side of the dancefloor so that they can speak. The fact that Bartelby appears thoroughly disconcerted by Veleto's appearance tells Caspian that this is not something for the entire party to hear...


Aasimar NG Whimsy Oracle 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | Acid, Cold, Electricity 5 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +4 | Will +5 | Init +3 | Perc +2, Darkvision| Spells 1-6/7; 2-4/4 | Bluff 10, Dip 13, Disg 8, Hist 5, Local 8, Noble 12, SeMo 9, SofH 9, Slth 10 | crossbow 7+1 (1d8) | Charm 1/1: +2 Dip or Bluff; Admirers 1/1: Artist, Merchants, Nobles start up

Seeing the supposedly long dead woman, Rossana casts Detect Magic off to the side. Someone in disguise like I do all the time? Though if she is an actually undead...


Female Human (Taldan) Bard (Wit) 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8 | 1st 5/5 spells 2nd 2/2| 11/13 performances
Conditions:
None!!!

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 oh well, couldn't have hit it anyway

Sara is delighted to be spun around the dance floor a bit, and gives a deep curtsey to Onara once it is over, "Thank you. Lady Thorn really does just want to make things better. Any help she can get, she will be delighted to have. Especially the very people in question she wants to make life better for."

As the Dutchess arrives, Sara frowns, not remembering Caspian mentioning her in the carriage discussion. After seeing the investigator rush to her side, followed by his older brother, the baker herself decides to collect with her fellow companions, in case bad things start happening... AGAIN.

"Any ideas?" she'll whisper to Capricia and Rossana.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 4 | hp 36/36 NL (0) | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | CMD 20 | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: fatigued

Capricia, being unschooled in the Lotheed family tree, merely shrugs at Sara's words.


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Bartleby spots his brother getting to the Duchess first and backs off a bit giving them a moment. The Duchess smiles widely as Caspian takes her aside "Oh Caspian, how lovely it is to see you my dear boy. It seems a dance is afoot, would you favor me with your company for a dance tonight?" She spots Count Lotheed fuming across the room and then looks back to Caspian "You know before you brother comes to spirit me away. He really doesn't like me being out about others..."

While the Duchess waits for a reply the band starts to prepare for another dance and Onara comes and grabs Sara's hand. Sepsinia looks exhausted from all of Rossana's lessons and excuses herself to get some water and sit for a moment with her mother.

Let's continue on to Social Round 2/4 of the dance.


|HP: 29/29| AC: 18 T:14 FF:14 | F: +2, R: +8, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Bluff +6, UMD +10 [(+d6) Dip +7, DD +12, Per/SM +10, Spl +10, Knw +7/8] | Lvl 1: 3/3 | Panache 4/4, Inspiration 4/4 |Active conditions:

"Of course, dear Aunt." Caspian replies, bowing and offering her his hand. After they have settled into the rhythm of the dance Caspian smiles at his partner.

"So why is Bartelby so keen to 'spirit you away' Aunt Veleto?" He asks, sotto voce.


Aasimar NG Whimsy Oracle 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | Acid, Cold, Electricity 5 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +4 | Will +5 | Init +3 | Perc +2, Darkvision| Spells 1-6/7; 2-4/4 | Bluff 10, Dip 13, Disg 8, Hist 5, Local 8, Noble 12, SeMo 9, SofH 9, Slth 10 | crossbow 7+1 (1d8) | Charm 1/1: +2 Dip or Bluff; Admirers 1/1: Artist, Merchants, Nobles start up

Rossana returns to the dance floor after a few moments of rest. Though she tries to keep an eye on the Baroness to figure her out, Rossana's attention keeps straying to the new arrival currently dancing with Caspian.

sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 to figure out the Baroness' bias. Fail.

@GM: By the way, did Rossana's Detect Magic find anything strange on Lady Lotheed or near her? If she did, she'll spend the 18 seconds needed during her short break to try to figure out the strength and school of magic.


Female Human (Taldan) Bard (Wit) 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8 | 1st 5/5 spells 2nd 2/2| 11/13 performances
Conditions:
None!!!

Sara knows she should be trying to further their group's influence on these nobles, but Onara's hand sweeps her away with a flash of a smile and a hearty laugh. The brown-haired baker is twirled around the dance floor, looking happy and a tad breathless if truth be told.

Onara's influenced, so no rolls, and Sara doesn't want to be rude, and she loves dancing.


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Rossana does not detect any magic from Duchess Lotheed.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 4 | hp 36/36 NL (0) | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | CMD 20 | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: fatigued

Smiling at how much Sara seems to be enjoying herself, Capricia nonetheless tries to do some casual eavesdropping again, this time targeting Baroness Voinum.

Sense Motive Check (detect bias): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Caspian and the Duchess dance through the song, when he eventually asks about his brother the Duchess frowns "He prefers I don't bother his guests..." She then smiles as she looks into Caspian's eyes "I'm glad I could at least get one dance in though, I appreciate you indulging an old lady."

Moments after the dance if finished Bartleby finds his way to Caspian and the Duchess and grabs the woman by the arm as he turns to his brother with a bit of a glare. "You mustn't exhaust our dear old Aunt Caspian... she is aging and easily confused, and shouldn’t be taken advantage of." He beckons some guards over that hurry the Duchess out of the room as Bartleby follows behind to see her out.

Rossana returns to the dance floor alone, just enjoying herself, but also trying to keep an eye on the Baroness to see some of her interactions. However, with the appearance of the Duchess and the drama their between the woman Caspian and Bartleby she has a hard time focusing on the Baroness and can't really pick up anything useful.

Sara doesn't worry about any thing other than having a good time. Joining Onara for another dance until the two woman decide to take a break and get some refreshments to recuperate a bit.

Capricia sees Rossana trying to watch the Baroness and sets toward the same task, but with all the dancers in the way she keeps loosing sight of the woman and then every time she moves to get a better vantage point the Baroness moves to talk with someone else. All together it just ends up being a wash.

On to Round 3/4


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

What's everyone doing? Any influence checks?


Aasimar NG Whimsy Oracle 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | Acid, Cold, Electricity 5 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +4 | Will +5 | Init +3 | Perc +2, Darkvision| Spells 1-6/7; 2-4/4 | Bluff 10, Dip 13, Disg 8, Hist 5, Local 8, Noble 12, SeMo 9, SofH 9, Slth 10 | crossbow 7+1 (1d8) | Charm 1/1: +2 Dip or Bluff; Admirers 1/1: Artist, Merchants, Nobles start up

After quite a while of dancing, Rossana decides to spend a bit of time to rest by playing a hand of cards with Lady Dame Crabbe. Though Rossana likes to use expressions rather than a poker face to trick others, her tail ends up giving her away should any notice.

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 to influence Dame Crabbe


|HP: 29/29| AC: 18 T:14 FF:14 | F: +2, R: +8, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Bluff +6, UMD +10 [(+d6) Dip +7, DD +12, Per/SM +10, Spl +10, Knw +7/8] | Lvl 1: 3/3 | Panache 4/4, Inspiration 4/4 |Active conditions:

Caspian joins the ladies for cards, taking a little time away from his brother and guarding himself with polite society! His preoccupation with the sudden appearance of his Aunt makes him rather bad company unfortunately.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + (1) + 7 = 9

Holy Cow Caspian is not on form tonight!


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 4 | hp 36/36 NL (0) | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | CMD 20 | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: fatigued

Capricia volunteers to watch after Sepsinia while Rossana and Dame Crabbe play cards. She chats amiably with the young woman, pointing out interesting fashion choice and potential young suitors for the Crabbe scion. Capricia even slouches a bit or even squats low with her back against the wall so Sepsinia will be the one more likely to catch the eyes of any young bachelors present.

Diplomacy Check (to influence Dame Crabbe): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Female Human (Taldan) Bard (Wit) 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8 | 1st 5/5 spells 2nd 2/2| 11/13 performances
Conditions:
None!!!

Sara will wisp and wander about, trying to watch the Baroness Voinum without getting near enough to weather her disapproval for existing.

sense motive to discover bias: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

crap


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Everyone takes a break from dancing, while most sit to play cards Sara takes a breather near the Baroness to try and get a better feel for the woman. Capricia and Rossana have some success. She reiterates how she will have to invite you all to her estate at some point in the near future.

Dame Crabbe fulled influenced. Now all that is left is the tough nut to crack, Baroness Voinum. :P

On to round 4


Aasimar NG Whimsy Oracle 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | Acid, Cold, Electricity 5 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +4 | Will +5 | Init +3 | Perc +2, Darkvision| Spells 1-6/7; 2-4/4 | Bluff 10, Dip 13, Disg 8, Hist 5, Local 8, Noble 12, SeMo 9, SofH 9, Slth 10 | crossbow 7+1 (1d8) | Charm 1/1: +2 Dip or Bluff; Admirers 1/1: Artist, Merchants, Nobles start up

Rossana attempts to sound out Lady Vionum again, but is quickly distracted by more appetizers and dancing.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 4 | hp 36/36 NL (0) | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | CMD 20 | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: fatigued

Capricia builds up her courage and finally approaches Caspian's brother, the Baron. She starts the conversation by re-introducing herself as Lady Thorn's bodyguard before bringing up the assassination attempt earlier in the evening.

"If milady allows it--and I'm sure she would--perhaps I could do a bit of investigative work into the crime," she begins before slowly turning the conversation toward less grave topics, probing for any weaknesses the man might have.

Sense Motive Check (discover weaknesses): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Female Human (Taldan) Bard (Wit) 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8 | 1st 5/5 spells 2nd 2/2| 11/13 performances
Conditions:
None!!!

Sara knows this lady doesn't like her. It was pretty obvious but that was Sara being Sara, trying to talk and be charming and to make friends. One of her companions had mentioned the lady likes brewing, a subject Sara is sorely deficient on.

So instead of talking about it, she simply asks the staff what the lady has been drinking and makes sure she has a nice glass of it to give to the woman. "Baronese Vionum" she greets and offers the drink demurely with a small bobbing curtsy. "My Lady Thorn has brought with her an expert teacher in Master Ficklebopper. One of his areas of expertise is history, a subject he delights in talking to other affluent scholars like yourself. Unfortunately, he has retired for the evening, but if you would like, I can have him call on you sometime?"

diplomacy to influence: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Will bot Caspian this afternoon to keep us moving if he doesn't get a post before then.


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Know. History: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 7 + (4) = 24

Rossana still has no luck picking up anything useful from the Baroness even after multiple attempts.

No success.

Capricia approaches Count Lotheed and offers her services to investigate the attempted assassination. He smiles but notes "I appreciate the offer but my men are already handling it." As the two talk a bit further, Capricia prodding him on various things to feel him out he eventually mentions a prized possession of his a spellbook from the early days of Taldor. While there aren't any spells of any real significance, seeing the differences in approach from then to now amazes him.

Bartelby is greatly swayed by intellectual gifts. Anyone presenting him with an antique or spellbook worth at least 250 gp gains a +1 bonus on checks to influence him.

Sara goes up to Baroness Voinum to talk a bit and goes on about Bimble and his scholarly knowledge and experience, while offering to set the two of them up for further discussions. The Baroness grins and nods "Indeed, I've spoken with Mr. Ficklebopper this evening. He is very learned and I should appreciate the opportunity to speak with him again, perhaps in a more appropriate setting should you be able to arrange it."

+2 Success.

Caspian comes to interject relating a small historical tidbit he had learned when speaking with Bimble previously and the Baroness finds it extremely intriguing, impressed that the Count's brother offers more than pretty looks and a family name.

+2 Success.

Drinking deeply from the wine that Sara offered her she smiles at the two of them "I must admit to a certain fondness for the grapes the Betony vineyards once produced before the fields flooded. I am glad to have such friendly neighbors looking to improve things in their lands and form relationships with those around them. In fact, if you can restore the estate farms, I’ll happily agree to a trade deal that to assist you with extensive infrastructure repairs. I'm sure your Lady would appreciate the offer."

The Baroness has been made friendly, but is still not completely influenced.

As things wind down for the evening the various guests head off to their respective rooms.

Let me know if you have any plans before turning in for the night.


|HP: 29/29| AC: 18 T:14 FF:14 | F: +2, R: +8, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Bluff +6, UMD +10 [(+d6) Dip +7, DD +12, Per/SM +10, Spl +10, Knw +7/8] | Lvl 1: 3/3 | Panache 4/4, Inspiration 4/4 |Active conditions:

Caspian, although he'd never admit it, is glad that the evening is over. Social gatherings can be trying, and ones with considerable family pressure even more so. He does however make sure that he escorts the ladies to their rooms, partly to make sure Bartelby is not hanging around to try his luck with Sara...

That done however he seeks his own bed and hopes to find all his possessions where he left them in the morning!


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 4 | hp 36/36 NL (0) | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | CMD 20 | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: fatigued

Capricia's mentally exhausted from the jubilee, but looking back decides she rode out the storm fairly well, all things considered. Like Caspian, she's ready to get some sleep and recover for whatever the next day will bring.


Aasimar NG Whimsy Oracle 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | Acid, Cold, Electricity 5 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +4 | Will +5 | Init +3 | Perc +2, Darkvision| Spells 1-6/7; 2-4/4 | Bluff 10, Dip 13, Disg 8, Hist 5, Local 8, Noble 12, SeMo 9, SofH 9, Slth 10 | crossbow 7+1 (1d8) | Charm 1/1: +2 Dip or Bluff; Admirers 1/1: Artist, Merchants, Nobles start up

With the event ending for the night, Rossana returns to their rooms and requests a few songs from the Purple Finch to end the night. Afterward, Rossana goes to retire, but remembering the earlier incident, she has Petal keep watch during the night in case anything were to happen.


Female Human (Taldan) Bard (Wit) 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8 | 1st 5/5 spells 2nd 2/2| 11/13 performances
Conditions:
None!!!

Sara catches up to Rossana, slipping her arms into hers "Will you still protect me from wandering older men, my lady?"

THE BARONESS IS FRIENDLY!!!

1,801 to 1,850 of 1,920 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - War for the Crown 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.