Strange Aeons Too?(Closed recruitment)

Game Master Just a Mort

Strange Aeons map


851 to 900 of 1,795 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 29/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 0/1 l LoH 0/2

Kilarra gravitates to the sword. She picks it up and unsheathes it, and whistles in appreciation. "It looks good, but it's... very small."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Sorry guys, as you know my vacations are in full force, so spotty posting ;)

Garrosh labors over the woman until he manages to stabilize her.

Am I able to Mort? If so:

Once she is stable, he proceeds in tying and gagging her, making sure no threats will be forthcoming if she awakes.

Then he accommodates her as best as possible - "We will find solace for you" - he adds silently, before moving to join the others.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 1/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16(20 mage armor) T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr chuckles at Kilarra's comment, and considers making a common guard joke about size not being important, but given the company they are in at the moment and the pained groan of Ann in his brain at just the thought of him saying it makes him reconsider.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

With Rozalia's help, Garrosh is able to prevent Teka from bleeding out further,then proceeds to tie and gag her, eliciting a pained groan when he jostles her a little too much, but she doesn't wake up.

So now what?


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 29/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 0/1 l LoH 0/2

"Killing them still sounds like solace to me." Says Kilarra as she sheathes the tiny blade. "You guys want this sword? I'm not going to use it."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 1/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16(20 mage armor) T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Um... when you say it is magical, Roz, what does that mean? Well it could wait, as Kilarra says it is kind of small, so not likely to be better for clearing our path through these strange halls." he'll shrug, then look to moving on.

To the next unopened door in the hallway. I went ahead and moved Piotr to it.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Keep it for now Kilarra, a magical weapon may come in handy.

Garrosh takes another look at Teka, before moving up to join Piotr, and checking the door.

Usual Perception MO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

...


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh thinks the door is neither locked nor trapped and he does not hear anything from the door. When Piotr tries to open the door, he finds it hard to pry open but eventually manages to open enough room to peek in, to find splintered shelves, tables and rubble - a testament to the earthquake's destructive power.

From the other room, the party hears Lorris's voice, "Grapes can also be dried then in their preserved form, they are called raisins."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 1/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16(20 mage armor) T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"You already told us about Raisins, dear Lorris" Ann tells him with a smile, as she waits patiently while her brother beats his body against a door.

"I might need some help with this one. I don't see anything of interest in there, so we could just leave it." Piotr suggests, looking to the others.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Oh, I did, didn't I?" Lorris looks slightly puzzled for a moment, "And raisins can be used to make muffins, fruit cakes..."Lorris lectures on.

Piotr realizes that it is the rubble that has fallen against the door, preventing him from opening it fully.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 1/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16(20 mage armor) T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Oh sorry all, I missed those giant rocks on first inspection. Next door?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Going to the next door, Garrosh smells the smell of blood near the door while Auryl notes beads of blood between some of the door boards.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 29/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 0/1 l LoH 0/2

Kilarra waits until everyone is in position, then kicks the door open.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Kilarra slams her hoof against the door multiple times before it finally shatters.

Str check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Str check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Str check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Str check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Str check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Earlier on you guys already found C18 - the secret door is where Caraid flicked the lever behind the painting

As the door shatters, a torrent of blood gushes out of the door. The torrent passes harmlessly through Ann's insubstantial form, but everyone gets hit by the torrent and knocked backwards. Auryl and Rozalia are knocked off their feet, while Kilarra is knocked off her hooves, and are washed back by the torrent, crashing against the side walls.

Auryl ref: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Caraid ref: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Garrosh reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Kilarra ref: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Piotr ref: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Rozalia ref: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

dmg to Rozalia, Kilarra and Auryl, they are prone: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

Garrosh, Caraid and Pitor manage to stay on their feet, though they are knocked backwards.

7 dmg to Rozalia, Kilarra and Auryl

Every round in the blood torrent in the direction of D6 requires the person to be standing, and make a DC 15 str check otherwise they are pushed back 10 feet by the blood. Moving to the direction of D6 in the blood torrent is considered as DT. If you get slammed against the back wall, its another 1d6 dmg

D6

Worn old chairs and small tables set with the scattered pieces of simple games lay scattered throughout this room. A serving hatch in the north wall opens into a darkened space beyond. Vast glass windows dominate the eastern walls beyond which a jaundiced kaleidoscope swirls hypnotically. A coppery smell permeates the room, and the torrent of blood is gushing from a rotound figure in a faded housecoat, facing the eastern window.

"Urm...whats that red stuff coming down the wall? Doesn't quite smell like wine.." Lorris muses.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 1/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16(20 mage armor) T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Oh this is JUST ALL KINDS OF WRONG!" Piotr yells in the torrent of blood. He struggles to move forwar

strength not to be pushed back: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Every couple of feet he gets pushed back another foot, so this is going to take forever, but he keeps trying.

Ann, happily incorrperal, dashes forward a bit. They both recognize a tether between them limiting how far either of them can go from each other (50feet), so she doesn't go all the way, just into the room with the fountain to see if anything is waiting to kill them around the corner.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Anne sees that sitting in a wheelchair before the bay windows to the east is a rotund body in a faded daycoat. From beneath the chair runs an endless stream of blood, from a gaping wound covering the old woman's chest. She does not note anything hostile on the room.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 29/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 0/1 l LoH 0/2

Str: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Kilarra stands up and with sheer determination, resists the torrent of blood. She opens the door on her left to help divert the flow of blood.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh knowledge religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Kilarra knowledge religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Garrosh thinks that it is a haunt and that he needs to get closer to the blood source in order to do something about it.

As Kilarra gets to her feet and opens the door on the left, the blood starts gushing into Lorris's "classroom". "Hey, is the place flooding with blood?"


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid hunches slightly and thrusts his hands out - as though he's trying to push against a huge weight. To no avail.

Str: 1d20 ⇒ 13


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"A haunt!" - Garrosh growls against the torrent of blood - "We need to get close to the source!"

Mort, does Garrosh know anything about getting rid of haunts?

STR: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

He tries to push against the unholy torrent, but is unable to.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 29/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 0/1 l LoH 0/2

Kilarra taps herself with some divine healing magic, then opens the door to her right. Steeling herself, she pushes forward against the torrent.

Lay on Hands: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Str: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 1/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16(20 mage armor) T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

str: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Piotr is slowly moving forward. 2 steps forward, 1 step back "What's a haunt?"

Ann answers "The old woman in the wheel chair has a gaping wound where the blood is pouring from. I'd imagine that is the haunt."


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh needs to get closer. You can't fix a problem until you can see it so to speak and direction is facing away from you.

The blood begins to spill into the room on the right and Kilarra manages to get onto the room. She realizes that the blood is gushing out from the old woman's chest and if there were a way to stop the blood flow of that gaping wound...


Female N Human (Varisian) Oracle 4 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +7 | Init: -2 | Perc: +2, SM: +9 | Appearance

Strength: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Rozalia shrieks and struggles as the blood slams into her and pushes her away. "I can try to heal her... But I can't get any closer!" she shouts, clothes turning crimson from the torrent of gore.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

”Hey, you’re not going to leave me here to when this place is flooding with blood, right?” Lorris exclaims as he scoops up Betty and Timmy and gets up on the cabinet.

The party eventually manages to fight past the blood flow and gets themselves into the room.

GM only:

Auryl Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Caraid Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Kilarra Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Rozalia Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Now what?


Female N Human (Varisian) Oracle 4 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +7 | Init: -2 | Perc: +2, SM: +9 | Appearance

Rozalia stumbles over to the bleeding woman, trying to staunch the never-ending flow of blood...

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 1/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16(20 mage armor) T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

This is completely out of Piotr's depth, so he'll simply guard Rozalia as she does her healing. In case the old woman jumps up and tries to tear out the mother's throat. Ann kneels down next to her curious as a goblin. "Hmm... do you think the healing is symbolic? What happened in her life to cause her to remain and haunt this place? Did it happen before the quake or after?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Rozalia tries to staunch the blood flow with her healing magic but it doesn't seem to work. Garrosh thinks that maybe a healing potion, or the old woman's medicines might help.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
Piotr Tataru wrote:

[dice=str]1d20+3

Piotr is slowly moving forward. 2 steps forward, 1 step back "What's a haunt?"

"Unquiet, violent, restless spirits" - Garrosh replies, then looks at the woman again - "Maybe..."

Don't think we have any healing pots (at least identified ones)... Also Mort 'the old woman's medicines' - is this something we have found in this room? Apologies if I missed it, am using my vacations brain :D


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 1/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16(20 mage armor) T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

I don't think we do on both accounts. We can start looking around.

"Hmmm..." Ann presses her mouth together in thought. "It was a good idea at least?" standing up again, smoothing her skirts, she'll go over to the blood soaked Lorris "Lorris, dear, do you know anything about this poor woman? Was she a student of yours? A colleague?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh, Auryl, Kilarra and Caraid spot in the northern side of the room a double door and also a service hatch.

”Old woman? The one in the dayroom? Oh that’s Mrs Freeling. Kindly old thing, her family sent her here because of her dementia and to make sure she took her medication, one of her nurses, Nurse Jenny told her that if she didn’t , her heart would explode.” Lorris answers Anne.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 1/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16(20 mage armor) T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"I don't think she's violent. She seems... sad?" Piotr responds to Garrosh, looking down at the poor woman with pity.

Ann comes back. "I think we need to find her medicine. A nurse named Jenny might have it."


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid shudders, the idea of someone's heart exploding inside their body is... unpleasant for the teenager to say the least.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 1/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16(20 mage armor) T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Any idea where this Nurse Jenny might have kept the medication? Piotr asks Lorris as he starts to look around the room for anything that might look like it.

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 perception is not Piotr's strong point :)

Ann offers up some other ideas "There were some records rooms back that way" pointing through the torrent of blood. "Unfortunately while I seem to be able to walk right through it, I can't bear to be away from my dear brother that far a distance." there is a tether between them. But that gets her thinking about their mother and her abilities. "Brother... I think there might be something... Try this..." she whispers something in his head, which makes Piotr scowls but he obeys, reaching out focusing his mind and touching the old woman on the chin.

casting grave words on her

grave words:

With this spell and a touch, you can force a corpse talk to you, but you can’t ask it specific questions or communicate with it at all. The corpse will start babbling for 1 round, spitting out random sentences. There is a 10% chance this information is of some use to the caster, but it is difficult to distinguish whether the information is useful (the GM makes the percentile roll in secret).

Useful information may include warnings about dangers deeper in a dungeon, the command word to a magic item, or even vague and spectral warnings of your or your companions’ future. The GM decides what information, useful or not, the corpse spews out in its babbling.

Once a corpse has been subject to grave words by any caster, any new attempt to cast grave words on that corpse fails. You can cast this spell on a corpse that has been deceased for any amount of time, but the head of the corpse must have a mouth in order to speak at all. This spell doesn’t affect a corpse that has been turned into an undead creature.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Dunno, probably somewhere close by," Lorris says worriedly as he looks at the rising waterblood levels."You're doing something about this flood right? I don't think Betty and Timmy like this at all..."

Piotr does not notice anything that might look like medicines in the room.

Did it work?:

low it did: 1d100 ⇒ 69

Thanks on saying what it does

"Polly had a cracker!" The corpse, powered by Piotr's will, opens its dead mouth and exclaims, followed by continuing in a chiding tone, "Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!" before ending off with a question, "Have you picked Lucy up from school?"


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 1/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16(20 mage armor) T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

You are welcome!

Piotr steps back in amazed horror. Ann just mumbles "That was both unsettling and useless." looking to the others "Anyone else have any luck finding anything useful?"

If not we should move on in hopes another room has what we need or is at least at a higher sea level


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

D9

A low desk sits behind a window that passes into a room beyond. Behind it an empty doorframe opens into a ransacked storage room, its floor covered in broken glass and opalescent stains. Three people in yellow robes are rummaging the room and turn to glare at Piotr as he gets in. "You can't have any of it, it's all ours!" One of then declares. Piotr notices their pupils are constricted and their skins are flushed. Their movements seem jerky.

Caraid init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 
Garrosh init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 
Garrosh init reroll take best: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 
Piotr init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 
Rozalia init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 
Kilarra init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 
Auryl init: 1d20 ⇒ 20

yellow dudes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

In the other room, the party hears Lorris cry out, "You know, I think the blood is reaching ankle level now!"

Everyone except Caraid up


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 1/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16(20 mage armor) T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"We're doing our best, Lorris!" Piotr yells back to the nice cultist. Then to the maybe bad cultists, Piotr will step forward with his sword and shield to prevent them charging his companions. "We are looking for medicine, nothing else, no reason to get violent. Just step back and let us look, please."

He'll go full defense and stopper the chock point. Ann will incorporeally stay close to him.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"But we like the medicine. It makes us feel so good..."One of the other yellow robes says in a dreamy voice.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 1/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16(20 mage armor) T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Well at least that tells us the medicine is in here" Ann whispers.
"Don't you think it would be nice to share, so we could all join in?" she says louder, not expecting an answer or any to back down, just trying making conversation with the crazy people.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Hmm. On one hand it's nice to have everything all to ourselves," One of the yellow robes says,

"But on the other hand, parties are better with more people!" Another of the yellow robes challenges.

"Sure, why not, but first you must swear fealty to the Apostles in Orinment, lead by the great Ulver Zandalus, who in his wisdom leads us and guides us in the service of the King."The third yellow robe proclaims bombastly.

You're out of init, for now


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 1/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16(20 mage armor) T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Ann gives her brother a smug look then steps up to the third yellow rober, holding up her hand in a pledge position "I do swear." nodding. "Or do I have to say all of it? A few of those names are a bit of a mouthful you know."

Piotr gives his sister a worried look, not liking her close to potential threats, even if she is like a ghost, but lowers his sword. "We're looking for the medicine Mrs Freeling was using. She's... um... well you can see for yourselves if you want." he gestures to the pool blood at their feet.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"OK, we accept your oath," The bombast yellow robe answers hastily. "Well, that's a rainbow river, right?" Another yellow robe peers at the pool of blood owlishly. "That's why we started taking all the good stuff here," The third one drawls laconically. "Couldn't cope with seein' all that, stuck here and all."

"The white power's good. Go on, give it a try, give it a good snort up your nose," He offers Anne a brown paper bag containing some white crystalline powder.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 1/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16(20 mage armor) T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"We really need to deal with poor Misses Freeling first, else the rainbows will drown us all." Ann says with a nice smile, trying to weave their fantasy into the reality of the situation. "Do you know if this is what she took for... what did she have?" She looks back to Piotr, who answers "Dementia. Lorris said dementia."

They share a look. Mom was often diagnosed wrongly. Dementia was just one of the many.

Ann looks back to yellow robed men "Is this good for dementia?" she asks.

Neither Ann or Piotr have any skill in medicines.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

”Can’t we do the slide down the rainbow? I always wanted to ride a rainbow…” One of the yellow robes says with a beatific smile on his face. ”De-what? What a mouthful…too big words.” Another of the yellow robes adds.

”You wanna look?” The third yellow robe gestures at the cupboards with some vials broken.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 1/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16(20 mage armor) T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Thank you, I think it would be a good idea." Ann turns solid and starts looking through the cupboards, hoping something is marked in big letter 'Medicine for Ms. Freeling'.

perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

While Piotr stands guard over her.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Ann finds among the cupboards enough stray bandages, tweezers and antiseptics to effectively fashion a healer’s kit and three potions labelled "Cure light wounds, " nestled behind some broken bottles.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 1/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16(20 mage armor) T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Assuming Garrosh let us know a potion of healing would work

"Perfect!" Ann yells, beaming at the cultists and her brother a like then dashes to the old woman. "Okay Ma'ma she'll kneel down to the woman and touch the glass rim to her lips, tilting the base upward. "Drink up, then rest, if you can." Piotr follows his sister trying to keep an eye on the cultists and the old woman at the same time "I really hope this works" he mutters.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Anne puts the vial to her cold dead lips, noting those eyes wide open with fear, even in death, and slowly trickles the potion down her throat. The eyes of Mrs Freeling close as the wound in the chest closes and the blood on the floor swiftly evaporates, like it was never there.

"Oh...the rainbow's gone..." One of the yellow robes mutters despondently.

"What did you do? All the blood's gone!"Lorris exclaims from the other room.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Healer Kit and CLW pots added to loot list.

"Are you well?" - Garrosh addresses Mrs Freeling, even if he knows she might not react.

"You have done the right thing" - he nods at Ann and Piotr.

851 to 900 of 1,795 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange Aeons Too All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.