Strange Aeons Too?(Closed recruitment)

Game Master Just a Mort

Strange Aeons map


801 to 850 of 1,294 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Now Rozalia moves up to heal Piotr.

Will use previous roll, 4 healing to Piotr.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

As Rozalia moves up to heal Piotr, one of the yellow robes takes a swing at her. 4 dmg to Rozalia

club: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

AOO for movement


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

I was approaching from the direction of Kilarra. Wouldn't the bookshelf provide cover and prevent an AoO?


Auryl gets mixed up into the violent affair and cuts straight to the point as Sarenrae's lash kisses the cultist's skin.

Std action: attack
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Crit Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Charging in was stupid" Ann pointed out as another blow slams into him and he's very close to falling. "I KNOW" Piotr snapped back. "If you feel like HELPING instead of pointing out all my mistakes, feel free" the last part he tried to at least whisper.

At the light touch to his side, he glances over to Rozalia, "Thanks, but should you be-" the club smashes into her (or doesn't depending on bookshelves), making him snarl and lash out at mister yellow robe man. assuming that is the one in front of him

attack, power: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
crit confirmation attack, power: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Ah ok, then ignore the AOO, I thought you went in by the first door

Auryl slits the throat of the cultist trying to backstabclub Piotr just as Piotr runs the cultist facing him through.

Combat over

Searching their bodies, the party finds a club, a sap and padded armor.

"Oh good," The last yellow robe says vaguely. "It's all quiet now," he gestures at the dolls. "So, where was I again?"


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Who were you talking to Piotr...?"

Garrosh then recovers his bow, and keeps a bead on the man with the yellow robes - "Well met! Are you foe?!" - he shouts at him.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"My sister. I thought we covered that." Piotr says sharply, implying I am not crazy stop insinuating that I am cause I am not.

Ann's frustrations boils "He doesn't believe you, only the kid does, hells this would just be easier if I could..." a young woman who was slightly see through suddenly appeared next to Piotr, stopping mid sentence in delighted awe. Dark haired and quiet lovely, her eyes are a mirror of Piotr's. She spins around and laughs "I didn't know it would work again."

Piotr manages a stunned but relieved grin himself. "This is my sister" Piotr says to the others, prompting Ann to stop and do a proper curtsy.

"Ann Tataru at your service, lords and ladies. And no, neither of us have ANY idea why I am like this. I just woke up in his head. A very concerning place to be by the way." a mischievous grin sparks on her face.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The man cups one hand around the ear in the direction Garrosh yells at him, while wincing, "Oh no, old Lorris is no ones foe."

"Old Lorris just wants to be left alone to teach others to love plants, right, Betty and Timmy?" Lorris turns to the mismatched dolls, who don't answer.

As Ann manifests, Lorris, as if feeling something, suddenly turns around to face her. "Why, what's a lass like you doing here? Would you like to join my botany class?" He offers Ann a place next to the dolls.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Ann tilts her head at Lorris' offer, as if considering it. "I do love learning, unlike some..." she gives Piotr a narrowed glance. "But I am sorry, good sir. My brother would be lost without me. "


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid takes Ann's manifestation remarkably well, simply giving a cheerful wave. The dolls wave as well, which is probably something to do with him - and if it isn't... well...

"Are you ok mum?" He asks quietly. "I thought one of those yellow robes got you."


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Ahhh Betty and Timmy. Finally paying attention at last."Lorris chides his dolls, "So as I was saying, plants are the building blocks of life. Without plants, there would be no animals..." He rambles on.


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

"I'm fine, sweetie. That must have just been your imagination," Rozalia says. Like her son, she takes the appearance of Piotr's ghostly sister stoically. It's far from the strangest thing she's seen today.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra is more suspicious. She tenses up in preparation for a fight. "Are you a ghost or something? Undead shouldn't be here."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
Piotr Tataru wrote:


Piotr manages a stunned but relieved grin himself. "This is my sister" Piotr says to the others, prompting Ann to stop and do a proper curtsy.

"She is... Impressive" - the half orc replies with a smile at Piotr, and then a bow at Ann as she introduces herself - "Well met. I am Garrosh"


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"I am NOT dead."
"She is NOT dead."

The two says at the same time, in response to Kilarra's words, though both insistences are tinged with doubt. They looked at each other in concern, then away. As Piotr decides to look to see what the men they just fought had on them, Ann gives Garrosh a smile in return. "It is a pleasure to meet you officially sir. All of you. I've been in his head since we woke up, and neither of us knows why. The last thing I remember was a normal day in the city then straight to that horrible dream we all went through."


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

"Hmmm" Kilarra pauses to think this over. One one hand, she could be a ghost and kill everyone here. On the other hand, she could be a ghost who believes that helping Piotr is the best thing to do. So as long as Kilarra isn't perceived as a threat to the ghost or Piotr, she and everyone else is safe...ish.

"Pleasure to meet you, Ann." Replies Kilarra with her best smile. "I sure hope you can help us, Piotr included. There's a lot of evil, crazy stuff here that threatens us. As you likely know. Speaking of crazy, we should figure out what to do about this guy" She points to Lorris. "He isn't hostile, but, you know."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
Piotr Tataru wrote:
"It is a pleasure to meet you officially sir. All of you. I've been in his head since we woke up, and neither of us knows why. The last thing I remember was a normal day in the city then straight to that horrible dream we all went through."

"And you Miss" - Garrosh replies, then turning to Kilarra - "We cannot risk it. We need to take him with us. Restrained" - he nods at both the paladin and Piotr.


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

"Should we really?" Caraid asks. "He isn't doing any harm..."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Normally I'd agree with you Caraid. I don't like arresting someone just cause they are a friend of someone who did something bad. But this isn't exactly a normal situation. We're lost in a place none of know anything about facing room after room of ghouls and people that ain't people. At least we can be nice about it."

Kneeling down next to Lorris, "Lorris, do you mind if we take you back where there are other kids you could teach? We'd have to retrain you but at least you could still talk. The dolls could come of course."

If he agrees, he'll tie his arms behind his back while Ann or anyone else gathers up the dolls. Then he'll suggest heading back so they don't have to drag him along. And he'll ask Rozalia to see if the dolls are safe (not magic and will turn into toothy demons that is)


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Really? Betty and Timmy would have company?" Lorris's face lights up. "Yes I think it'd be good for them. They've been alone all this while until I found them. Do what you have to do."

Lorris patiently holds out his hands for Piotr to tie them up. Rozalia finds a bit of conjuration magic on the doll Lorris named "Betty." She suspects that given time, and more of Lorris's influence, Betty might actually become a sentient being...


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
GM Mort wrote:
Betty might actually become a sentient being...

Whaaaaat?

Garrosh smiles at the way Piotr was able to handle Lorris, then prepares to move out to the corridor, and checking the next door.

"Auryl, you think you can keep an eye on Lorris?" - he inquires just before moving off.

Will take a look at the door across from the room we are in.

Usual Perception MO for traps and sounds: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Ever heard of the story Pinocchio?

Also, are you bringing Lorris around with you?

Garrosh hears cursing of a female voice,"Why won't it open?!" Garrosh determined the door is neither locked nor trapped.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

I was thinking we'd go back to the camp, drop him off, and then come back here. If Garrosh is thinking the time isn't worth it, or Lorris is too dangerous to leave with the others, we can move forward.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Since he is restrained, I say bring him with us. Who knows? Maybe he has intel on some of the places? :D

At the sounds from beyond the door, Garrosh steps back an motions for Kilarra and Piotr - "Voices"

Can't update the map at the moment. Garrosh steps away from the door to make space for Piotr and Kilarra, and motions Caraid to move away also.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra nods and kicks in the door. When the door opens, she yells "GET DOWN ON THE GROUND!"


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Ann pops but out of existence, not wanting to scare others. "Snug as a bug" she comments at being in his mind again.

Drawing his sword, he nods to Kilarra that he is ready, then follows her in. "No one will be hurt if you listen to my friend here"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

C17

The handles of dozens of drawers frown from the faces of numerous matching cabinets. May of the drawers are open and their contents – volumes’ worth of stray parchments – blanket the floor.

A dirt streaked brown-skinned woman with short black hair sticking out messily turns over from the door she was trying to break open, as Kilarra tells her to get down. ”Infidels! Die in the name of the King in Yellow!” She screams at her party, her face twisted in a snarl, as she draws her club.

”Oh dear, now you’ve annoyed Teka…she’s got a really mean temper you know,” Lorris muses to empty air.

Caraid init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Garrosh init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Garrosh init reroll take best: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Piotr init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Rozalia init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Kilarra init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Auryl init: 1d20 ⇒ 18
??: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Everyone except Piotr and Caraid up


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Rozalia moves to get a good look at the women and attempts to hex her with misfortune!

Will DC 15 negates, otherwise roll twice on all d20 rolls and take the lower number.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

The woman shakes herself a little when Rozalia stares at her, like a dog shaking off droplets of water off its fur.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Will wait for Piotr or Kilarra to engage her, then move inside after them to shoot at the woman.

"Do you know her?" - Garrosh nods at Lorris - "Can she be reasoned with?"

MW Comp Longbow on Red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 > Probably -4 for cover and -4 for being in combat.
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Lorris turns to Betty and Timmy. ”That’s the reason why everyone should learn from plants. They live in harmony with their environment and enrich it, making it a better place,” seemingly ignoring Garrosh’s question.

Will tabulate results of attack roll later once Piotr or Kilarra engage


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra stomps over and hefts her greatsword, but it clangs against the wall during her wild swing.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The yellow robed woman dodges Kilarra's wild swing but Garrosh's arrow catches her in the chest and she gives a pained hiss. 10 dmg done


Whoever this King in Yellow might be, surely he is no match for the radiant light that is Sarenrae. Auryl moves forward and calls down Her blessing upon Pyotr, doing what he can to ensure victory.

Cast Guidance on Pyotr (+1 to an attack / save / skill roll of your choice) + move


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Teka swings her club at Kilarra, determined to bring her down so she can get to the pesky archer at the back, but it clanks off Kilarra's armor.

club: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Party up


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Thanks" Piotr will say to Auryl, then hurry up to take a swing at the woman in yellow.

attack, pa, g: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Piotr opens a large gnash in her abdomen and she collapses on the ground.

Among some of the mess, Garrosh, Kilarra, Rozalia and Caraid notice a file labelled "Auryl Hajal" sticking out.

There is a door at the western side of the room, but it is closed. Garrosh does not think its trapped but finds its locked.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh picks up the file with Auryl's name, turning it momentarily in his hands - "Here you go - you are lucky, and will be able to know more about yourself" - he smiles at the priest, handing the information over before checking the door.

He pauses for a second next to the woman's prone form, checking her vital signs.

Heal?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

If she is alive, he will try to stabilize her :P


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid removes his lockpicks and goes through the long, slow process of door opening - from about fifteen feet away...

DD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
DD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
DD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
DD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
DD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Auryl if he reads:

Patient Record Auryl Hajal

Male, Human, Age 27

Committed 7 Erastus 4720

Circumstances Transferred from by Count Hasteron Lowls

Attending Doctor Eliege Losandro

Auryl is unresponsive to most external stimuli and has to be fed and washed regularly. When he is awake, he stares off blankly into space and starts screaming if anything rope-like is brought near him. Bringing him near a fire seems to calm him down, as does removing the rope-like object. The cause of his condition is unknown.

Treatment Sensory Stimulation, Therapy, observation

Caraid eventually manages to get the stubborn door open. Garrosh finds the woman in rather bad shape, her pulse is weak and breathing irregular.

"So did you know that grapes are creepers?" Lorris addresses Betty and Timmy in the other room.

C18

The walls of this crowded room are covered by filing cabinets, except for one space where a battered old painting of a somber, towering structure hangs.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Ann will pop back into existence, and stand near the Caraid as he picks the lock, "A little... now a little more... Yes, very good, and Now... Excellent!" she gives a warm smile and what would be a shoulder bump if she wasn't intangible "You make a much better thief than my meat finger's brother."

Piotr just rolls his eyes, as he goes back in the other room to pick up Betty and Timmy. "Don't want to forget your friends, Lorris. Sorry for almost doing so." In the other room he asks Lorris, "Any idea what that thing is?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Oh, so grape leaves can be used as a wrapper for rice, onions and meat, and grapes can be eaten off the vine..." Lorris lectures on, then looks around a little confused as Piotr addresses him, as he turns around to look at the picture. "Oh, that ugly thing. Used to be hanging at the asylum entrance before someone with more taste moves it. Never missed it."


The priest sighs deeply when he is presented the document. Should he read it? Isn't what bothers him already known? Life, more specifically the path I've left behind me, and the fact I keep turning my head to see where I've come from? Look forward, to the light, and let love for self and other carry you forward. Those weren't his words, but unaccredited ones from a book of Sarenite prayers and wisdom.

His natural instinct is to burn it, but wouldn't that turn the document into a thing of light? Something worth looking at? For now, the priest stashes the file away into his pack and lets it be. The yellow mist, the otherworldly fungus, and the frothing cultists are more pressing issues than some mortal insight into his fragile state of mind. "Wrong knowledge can be like a beacon in the night, Garrosh, drawing you closer like a moth to the flame. I am not sure if what's inside this file will help me move forward, so for now, I'll sit on it. We got more important things to deal with ... like this one here."

He then eyes Lorris, wondering if the poor guy isn't perhaps best served with a quick flick of the blade to the neck. Would he too change into one of those wicked things of claws and teeth? Or is his fate to forever wallow in his own insanity?


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |
Piotr Tataru wrote:
Ann will pop back into existence, and stand near the Caraid as he picks the lock, "A little... now a little more... Yes, very good, and Now... Excellent!" she gives a warm smile and what would be a shoulder bump if she wasn't intangible "You make a much better thief than my meat finger's brother."

Caraid looks rather confused at the complement.

"Umm, thank you? Please don't say that so my mum can hear. She'd get really cross with me..."

Once into the new room he begins to examine it thoroughly after glancing at, and dismissing, the painting.

Take 20 for 26 perception.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Caraid notices a find a small brass latch behind the painting. He thinks it might open another compartment...

Lorris turns back to address Betty and Timmy,"And of course we know that grapes can be eaten off the vine, made into jams, preserved to make raisins..."


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Cautiously, and at a fair distance, Caraid presses the lever.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

When the lever is pulled, a panel in the wall slides aside to reveal a file labelled "Patient record:Ulver Zandalus" and an intricately designed metal lockbox.

If file is read:

Patient Record: Ulver Zandalus

Male, Varisian descent, approximate age 47

Home suspected to be Rozenport, Versex County

Committed: 2 Sarenith 4685

Circumstances: Transferred from Pharasmin lamentations in Rozenport

Attending Doctor: Eliege Losandro

Zandalus exhibits complete withdrawal from society and an inability to care for himself in any but the most basic modes. The symptoms of his passive antisociality chronically present as mutism and blankness. Frequent night terrors result in brief but dramatic nocturnal outbursts_shouting, shaking, fear responses. Zandalus grasps the difference between sleep and wakefulness and typically recovers from nightmares quickly.

Treatment: Therapy, antipsychotic regimen, observation

Development: 2/4687_Zandalus proves to be a gifted and prolific artist. He has enthusiastically taken to using a charcoal drawing set to create dramatic but fanciful works of art, typically of surreal architecture and skyscapes. Art calms him in the wake of nightmare. He will be afforded basic supplies to continue such art therapy.

Development: 11/4702_A shift has occurred in Zandalus’s art. He has repeatedly almost perfectly illustrated one of the ancient standing stones situated at the northwestern corner of the asylum grounds. As the isle’s shores are off-limits to patients, I do not believe he has ever seen the subject of his work. The significance or coincidence of this brooks further study.

Development: 3/4715_Count Haserton Lowls has taken an interest in Zandalus: first his art and now the artist. Lowls has become a repeat visitor, spending hours with my patient, but refuses to explain his interest.


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Caraid reads the file with interest before letting it float behind him towards his mother. He reaches in to investigate the lockbox, withdrawing it and (if needed) setting his picks to it.

DD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
DD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
DD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
DD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
DD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Caraid is hilariously bad at almost everything it seems! :)


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Caraid, his face pale and his brow dripping with sweat, eventually manages to fiddle with the lock so that it snaps open.

Inside the lockbox is 40 gp, six pearls worth 15 gp each, and a calling card for the services of the Thrushmoor offices of the Sleepless Detective Agency that prominently bears an accusatory eye, 3 vials, of which one is magical. Additionally, there is a sword in a crimson scabbard. The pommel is sculpted in the shape of a cardinal and an etched gold band bears the name Red Destiny.

Rozalia determines the shortsword is magical.

801 to 850 of 1,294 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange Aeons Too All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.