GM Zer0darkfire's Emerald Spire

Game Master zer0darkfire

Map Slides


1 to 50 of 2,171 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

In one of the guest houses of Skyreach, Venture Captain Ambrus Valsin has requested the most mysterious of meetings. Just yesterday you got a letter that you were declined graduation from the Pathfinder Society Academy, just a
fortnight from your Confirmation. Now, he wants to meet… tonight. He requested that you come at night, alone, and to make sure that no one followed you from the Skyreach gate to the abandoned guest house. You walked through the harsh, cold rain until you got to the door. Inside, you found a few other agents, fresh out of the academy, like you.

Go ahead and describe your characters to each other. Feel free to introduce yourself or otherwise RP with each other for a bit.

Grand Lodge

Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 11 | HP94/94| AC 25 T 22 FF 16 | CMB +11, CMD 33 | F: +11, R: +15, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +27, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. 6/6 GRIT

Regnum walks in, large pack on his back and firearm lovingly cradled in his hands. Drenched from the rain he takes the time to dry off his weapon first of all "To keep it from rusting" he mutters.

The Concordance

Ganzi Prankster 11 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 111/102| AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16 | CMD: 17 | Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +13 (+2 vs polymorph ; +5 vs mind-affecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 | SM: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 11 ; 1 - 8/8 ; 2 - 8/8 ; 3 - 8/8 ; 4 - 8/8 ; 5 - 5/5 ; Quibble: 0/1 ; Flicker: 5/5 ; Battle Spirit 5/5 ; Pure Whimsy: 2/2 ; Dazing spell (lesser): 3/3

After the man walks a cloaked and strange figure. Once he appears in the light of the room's torches, the stout man tilts his head backwards to reveal a most mysterious face. His aspect is gracious yet very unsettling since his face seems in constant change. The first glimpse you have at it reveals a grinning dark face with tattoos running literally on his cheeks. You blink and he has now a pale face with pointy ears and long canines. The next time, scales on the forehead and scars on slick green flesh on the chin.

You can't see much of the man's body but already he raises a hand and waves towards the pathfinders.
"It's a PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRE to meet you therrrrrrrrrrrrrre, pathfinders!!!!!!" he shouts, grinning widely.

After a quick scolding from the lack of discretion, he coughs and strokes a red-haired beard that appeared just now. "Well, sorry for that. I... I'm pretty excited actually! My name's Gudule. I'm an acolyte of Sarenrae. In Her church, I received the title 'Saint', because of how I came into this world. Well... Saint Gudule it is. Nice to meet you!" he eventually says, not doing anything to hide his excitement.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 7 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Ioun Torch) Effects: None | Channel (2d6) 5/5 | Rebuke Death (1d4+1) 4/6 | Touch of Glory (+3) 4/6

Freshly back from Osirian, Jawhar steps off of the ship, thanking the crew for the safe journey, and saying farewell to his good friends.

Thoughts of returning to Qadira pass through his mind, as his homesickness kicks in, but instead he bids farewell to his friends made over the past several adventures and trudges back to the Lodge.

At the door, he finds out that his disagreement with Venture Captain Dreng over being sent on a tomb raiding mission did not blow over after all.

The order states that he is being demoted, and under threat of being kicked out of the Society completely.

All I did was ask some simple questions and state some honest objections. Isn't this a bit of an over reaction?

When the message from Venture Captain Valsin arrives, he is relieved. While going home is a pleasant thought, going home in disgrace would not be acceptable.

Seizing on the second chance offered, he walks through the rain to the guest house in darkness, and as near to stealth as his is capable.

Seeing others gathered in the room, he inclines his head and greets the others.

"Blessings of the Dawnflower upon you all."

Looking up, as his eyes adjust to the light, he sees the Ganzi fully. Before he can stop the outburst, he steps back. "What in all goodness... *cough*" He covers his mouth and attempts to hide his discomposure.

"...Er... WHO are you fine... people? Um... I am Jawhar Dhakir, here in service to Sarenrae. I hope this evening finds you well."

Grand Lodge

”Barm” | Male NC Medium Human Fighter 11 | HP 103/103 (9/9 temp hp)| AC 26, T 13, FF 24 | CMD 30 (34 against disarm and sunder)| F +11 R +7 W +9; | Init +6 | Perc +12 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

A tall and powerful man approaches team of Pathfinger's and says "Good day, I'm Barm! I'm standing at your service! I think I'm going to serve well as a killing machine if it's needed. Hahahaha!"

Grand Lodge

Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 11 | HP94/94| AC 25 T 22 FF 16 | CMB +11, CMD 33 | F: +11, R: +15, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +27, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. 6/6 GRIT

"Regnum Blastface" he says to Jawhar, who is the first to actually ask his name. He does, though, shake everyone's hand as they enter.

The Concordance

Ganzi Prankster 11 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 111/102| AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16 | CMD: 17 | Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +13 (+2 vs polymorph ; +5 vs mind-affecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 | SM: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 11 ; 1 - 8/8 ; 2 - 8/8 ; 3 - 8/8 ; 4 - 8/8 ; 5 - 5/5 ; Quibble: 0/1 ; Flicker: 5/5 ; Battle Spirit 5/5 ; Pure Whimsy: 2/2 ; Dazing spell (lesser): 3/3

Gudule seems extremely happy, he face brightening with each new person he meets. Particularly when he acknowledges the presence of Jawhar.

"A fellow servant of the Dawnflower? How beautiful! So pleased to work with you!" he shouts as his appearance shifts to match one of a Keleshite with an absurdly long tusk coming out of his gaping mouth.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

The door to the cabin swings open once again. Ambrus Valsin, donning a heavy cloak and with a stern look in his face, steps inside and takes off the water-soaked vestment.

“Pathfinders. I am sorry that I have to call you on such short notice, but the situation has grown restless. First of all, congratulations you all DID graduate, but we will get to why I sent that letter shortly. Over the past few weeks, we have received some very interesting rumors. The Pathfinder Society is not exactly fond of believing random rumors that come our way, but now multiple sources have approached us with at least quite similar information. These stories come from up north in the River Kingdoms, near the old town of Thornkeep."

“Now, we all have read the Pathfinder Chronicle of Thornkeep, I’m sure. It ended up being quite the expedition for the agents that delved there. Well, in the past few weeks we have been establishing a little bit of a presence in the area, and this is how we first came upon this little bit of information: the ruins of Thornkeep, the dungeons under the town, were not the only Azlanti ruin in the area. Apparently, there is another ruin, called The Emerald Spire by the locals, that was also inhabited by the Azlanti wizard, Nhur Athemon. It gets its name by the unusual coloration of its walls: a
green crystal-like surface."

“That information by itself would be enough to pique our interest, but the rumors are that just like Thornkeep, there is more to the complex than just a single tower in the middle of nowhere. No. We believe that just like Nhur Athemon’s other abode, there must be more to this place than meets the naked eye. This is where you come in…”

“I need a group of pathfinders to find and explore the Emerald Spire, and if there are any secrets to be found about it, to report it to the Society. Now, the extra secrecy I have had you do today is because we need this operation to be one-hundred percent undercover. Once you leave the confines of Skyreach, you are not Pathfinders… at least in the eyes of everyone else not in this room now. This is why I had to select a group of you fresh off the academy. I needed a cover story of why you left the Society. We cannot afford to alert the Aspis, Torch, or any other of our enemies of this discovery. Also, leave your individual factions out of this."

“I suggest that you make your way to the closest settlement to the Emerald Spire, a… quaint town called Fort Inevitable. I would set your base of operations there, as it is on the Crusader’s Road and are well equipped to supply both adventurers and crusaders alike. I will send a messenger there once per month to check in on your progress, and deliver special supplies if ever needed. I expect that this will not be a short expedition, so prepare for a very long trip."

“Since after you leave this room our communications will be quite limited, do you have any questions?”

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Knowledge History or Geography, DC 10:

Fort Inevitable was founded on the village once known as Southwood. After goblins of the Kingdom of Zog were driven off the land 400 years ago, the village of Southwood was established. The village was under constant attacks by bandits until 4681 when a Hellknight decided to protect the village and basically eradicate banditry.

Knowledge History or Geography, DC 15:

Fort Inevitable was built later by the Hellknights of the Order of the Pike. They have ruled the area with an iron fist for years. Any form of banditry is grounds for arrest, and they maintain a long list of “wanted” or suspected criminals. At a given time, there are around 60 hellknights stationed at Fort Inevitable. There is no difference there between martial law and civil authority. There is a strict curfew, 2 hours after sunset.

Knowledge History or Geography 20:

Slavery is legal at Fort Inevitable… assuming it is lawful slavery. Anyone caught dealing in illegal slavery is thrown into the pits along the rest. Adventurers are welcome in Fort Inevitable, except that some common actions done by adventurers are often illegal. Most adventurers operating out of Fort Inevitable purchase a letter of warrant in order to comply with the law.

Knowledge Nobility or Local, DC 5:

The Hellknights is an organization of law-enforcing individuals originating from the nation of Cheliax.

Knowledge Nobility or Local, DC 10:

The Hellknights are divided into different orders that have different vows to fulfil. The Order of the Pike’s main goal is to eradicate monsters threatening human lands. Many members of the Order of the Pike served in the Mendevian Crusades in the Worldwound.

Knowledge Nobility or Local, DC 15:

The founder of Fort Inevitable was a Hellknight by the name of Emos Varden. Varden ruled the Fort until 5 years ago, when an assassin struck him down with a crossbow bolt. His second-in-command now rules in his stead, Lady Commander Audara Drovust. Although not malicious in nature, she truly believes that it is the right and duty of the strong to govern the weak and order their lives efficiently.

Knowledge Nobility or Local, DC 20:

The Order of the Pike is not the only order with a presence in Fort Inevitable. The Order of the Nail has a presence, under the command of Maralictor Dandru Wolfhelm. This order’s main goal is to bring law to lawless areas.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 7 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Ioun Torch) Effects: None | Channel (2d6) 5/5 | Rebuke Death (1d4+1) 4/6 | Touch of Glory (+3) 4/6

Jawhar jumps back as Gudule's appearance continues to shift. "Are you quite well? You seem to have...."

Unsure of how to complete the thought, and noticing that nobody else seems to be reacting, he decides to let the issue drop.

"You serve the Dawnflower as well? I see." Deciding to accept the strange news, Jawhar tries to take the opportunity to learn a bit more of this unexpected person over the coming adventure. "The Dawn Brings New Light, my friend. We shall share some coffee and discuss our backgrounds, once we are free."

Breaking off as the Venture Captain enters the room, he listens quietly, attempting to learn as much as he can, without causing any further rift with Lodge leadership.

Prepared Agent allows me to treat knowledge checks as trained during the briefing
Knowledge(History): 1d20 ⇒ 3
Knowledge(Nobility): 1d20 ⇒ 15

Seeking to help the party's preparations, Jawhar speaks up with information he has gathered from previous time in the Lodge.

"Fort Inevitable? That is a stronghold of The Order of the Pike, a faction of Hellknights who focus on eradicating threats from encroaching monsters.
The town itself is ruled by Lady Commander Audara Drovust. From what I've heard, she can be quite overbearing."

Go ahead and look at the first three Nobility spoilers

Speaking to the Venture Captain, he asks, "Is anything known about the inhabitants or dangers of this Emerald Spire? Has the Society learned any lore that will help us to prepare?"

Thanking the Venture Captain for whatever response he makes, Jawhar turns to the group.

"Sounds like we should prepare ourselves for an extended delve. Rations, rope, Alchemist's Fire, Healing supplies. Does anyone currently have a grappling hook or a crowbar? They will likely come in handy in a dungeon.

Is anyone skilled with traps, or opening locked doors?"

Dark Archive

Male NG Half-Orc Spell Warrior Skald 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +4 (+4 vs language-dependent effects) | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: (+8) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Raging Song 18/18 | Active conditions: None

Knowledge (history) untrained, Take 10: 10 + 4 = 14
Knowledge (local) Take 10: 10 + 10 = 20

"Fort Inevitable?" Jahz says, slightly puzzled. "Oh! You mean the fort established in the village of Southwood? Heard they used to have a terrible bandit problem - almost as bad as the goblins - until some Hellknight built that fort."

"Oh, don't forget about the other Hellknight order in the area!" Jahz interjects as Jawhur finishes. "The Order of the Nail, I think? But their goal is to bring law to the untamed lands if I remember correctly. Led by... um... Maralictor Dandru Wolfhelm! That's the name!"

Jahz is a boisterous and friendly fellow. His orc ancestry is barely noticeable, and he laughs easily. If asked, he happily tells you that he takes his inspiration from Desna, protector of those who wander.

Grand Lodge

”Barm” | Male NC Medium Human Fighter 11 | HP 103/103 (9/9 temp hp)| AC 26, T 13, FF 24 | CMD 30 (34 against disarm and sunder)| F +11 R +7 W +9; | Init +6 | Perc +12 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

"No questions, here!"

The Concordance

Ganzi Prankster 11 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 111/102| AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16 | CMD: 17 | Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +13 (+2 vs polymorph ; +5 vs mind-affecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 | SM: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 11 ; 1 - 8/8 ; 2 - 8/8 ; 3 - 8/8 ; 4 - 8/8 ; 5 - 5/5 ; Quibble: 0/1 ; Flicker: 5/5 ; Battle Spirit 5/5 ; Pure Whimsy: 2/2 ; Dazing spell (lesser): 3/3

Gudule seems pleased by Jawhar's proposition. "I feel REAAAAAALLLLLLY GOOOOD! Of course, in due time! We have so much to do! A new Dawn is upon this world!"

Listening to the venture-captain, he nods profusely to whatever the man says and to what Jawhar knows of the fort.

I'm rolling untrained checks, max DC is 10, then.
Knowledge History untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Knowledge Geography untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

"Well... Cheliax being Cheliax, nothing more, isn't it?" he says, bursting out laughing.

"I heard once a tale while I was helping out farmers in the land. It told that Fort Inevitable was founded on the village once known as Southwood. After goblins of the Kingdom of Zog were driven off the land 400 years ago, the village of Southwood was established. The village was under constant attacks by bandits until 4681 when a Hellknight decided to protect the village and basically eradicate banditry. So came the saviors in these lands." he says, clapping once his hands together as he finishes his little story.

Letting some time for the others to speak up about their possessions, he answers the keleshite's question:
"I have acid flasks and basic stuff. However, I'm only a humble wanderer. Not a confirmed soldier. What do we need to have?" he genuinely asks.

Grand Lodge

Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 11 | HP94/94| AC 25 T 22 FF 16 | CMB +11, CMD 33 | F: +11, R: +15, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +27, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. 6/6 GRIT

Regnum, with a heavy coin purse on his hip, nods in agreement with Saint Gudule when mentioning what items the group should be taking.

Know Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"I know nothing of the area or whatnot that has not already been said. I'm not very worldly, yet, and it will come in time."

The Concordance

Male N Ratfolk | Swashbuckler 1, Occultist 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 19 T 16 FF 13 | CMB (Trip, Disarm, Sunder) +7, CMD 12 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Bluff (Deceive) +8, Dipl. (Influence) +8, Perc +5, SM +3 Panache 4/5 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | T-Shirt Reroll 1/1 | Transm. Impl. MF 3/3 | Abj. Impl. MF 2/2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

A hulking brute of a half-orc, standing nearly 7 feet tall and bulging with rope-like muscles enters the abandoned guest house.

"I am late! That is not good. But I am here now. Tabar! That is my name." the half-orc says in a deep voice.

His tanned and weathered grey-green skin is covered with angular spiraling tattoos and scars, both from battle and in arcane symbols, from his neck to his rough calloused hands and feet.

His chipped and cracked tusks protrude from the thick chin.

His clothing consists of little more than a shirt beneath his scale mail and leather loincloth hanging at his waist. A pair plain leather sandals adorn his feet, the laces wrapped around his thick calves and under his battered greaves.

A patchwork leather pack rests upon his back and a pair of bandoliers cross his chest bristling with the hilts of many daggers.

He carries a massive earth-breaker over his shoulder, a longspear in his hand, and a spiked chain hangs from his wide leather belt.

A collection of charms and trinkets hang from various straps and cords arrayed about his person.

His calloused hands periodically check the knots to make sure none of them have come loose.

Grand Lodge

Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 11 | HP94/94| AC 25 T 22 FF 16 | CMB +11, CMD 33 | F: +11, R: +15, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +27, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. 6/6 GRIT

"Better late than never, yes? Anyway, names Regnum." He points to the VC. "Talk to him to catch up on what you missed."

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||
Jawhar wrote:

"Sounds like we should prepare ourselves for an extended delve. Rations, rope, Alchemist's Fire, Healing supplies. Does anyone currently have a grappling hook or a crowbar? They will likely come in handy in a dungeon.

Is anyone skilled with traps, or opening locked doors?"

Ambrus chuckles, "I can see why you graduated. Most of what we've heard is rumors, but where there's ruins there is either goblins or undead from my experience."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 7 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Ioun Torch) Effects: None | Channel (2d6) 5/5 | Rebuke Death (1d4+1) 4/6 | Touch of Glory (+3) 4/6
GM Zer0darkfire wrote:
Ambrus chuckles, "I can see why you graduated. Most of what we've heard is rumors, but where there's ruins there is either goblins or undead from my experience."

"I thank you for the vote of confidence, Venture Captain. I just returned from exploring a newly found pharaoh's tomb in Osirian, so I've learned from past mistakes.

Now, about these Hellknights. I haven't dealt with them before, but I imagine we should avoid their notice at all costs. Has the Society prepared a cover story to explain our presence in Fort Inevitable?

Have lodgings been prepared, or are we on our own?

Is there a map indicating the location of the spire?"

Grand Lodge

Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 11 | HP94/94| AC 25 T 22 FF 16 | CMB +11, CMD 33 | F: +11, R: +15, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +27, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. 6/6 GRIT

Regnum turns to Jawhar, "Yes, I can disable traps and pick locks and such."

Remind me to pick up a set of Masterwork Thieves' Tools before we leave along with the candle helmet and candles.....

The Concordance

Male N Ratfolk | Swashbuckler 1, Occultist 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 19 T 16 FF 13 | CMB (Trip, Disarm, Sunder) +7, CMD 12 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Bluff (Deceive) +8, Dipl. (Influence) +8, Perc +5, SM +3 Panache 4/5 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | T-Shirt Reroll 1/1 | Transm. Impl. MF 3/3 | Abj. Impl. MF 2/2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

Tabar listens to the conversation with interest.

”I graduated with the task to protect the researchers on a mission. That I can surely do. But do not expect me to cast fancy spells, open complicated locks or solve dumb puzzles. But undead and goblins are a welcome diversion for me! Ha ha ... “ and Tabar starts laughing.

The Concordance

Ganzi Prankster 11 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 111/102| AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16 | CMD: 17 | Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +13 (+2 vs polymorph ; +5 vs mind-affecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 | SM: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 11 ; 1 - 8/8 ; 2 - 8/8 ; 3 - 8/8 ; 4 - 8/8 ; 5 - 5/5 ; Quibble: 0/1 ; Flicker: 5/5 ; Battle Spirit 5/5 ; Pure Whimsy: 2/2 ; Dazing spell (lesser): 3/3

"What a wonderful team we have here! I'm really eager to work with you all!" says Gudule, smiling to anyone who meets his shifting eyes.

Understanding that the others expect him to tell a bit more about himself, his now elven-like face brightens.
"Me? Oh I'm just a wanderer in quest to understanding the meaning of my coming into this world. I wasn't always like this, you know. But that's a story for another day, I guess. I have learnt a lot during my travels. Some tricks that might be of use in this mission, I believe. Well, as far as I'm concerned, I'm ready to go with the blessing of Sarenrae!" he says on an enthusiastic tone.

The Concordance

Male N Ratfolk | Swashbuckler 1, Occultist 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 19 T 16 FF 13 | CMB (Trip, Disarm, Sunder) +7, CMD 12 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Bluff (Deceive) +8, Dipl. (Influence) +8, Perc +5, SM +3 Panache 4/5 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | T-Shirt Reroll 1/1 | Transm. Impl. MF 3/3 | Abj. Impl. MF 2/2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

Tabar snorts.

"I follow no god. No god cared about me. I was born into slavery ... no recollection of my parents. The earliest memories are of pain and hardship. Raised by a scarred witch doctor, my childhood was filled with constant harassment as I was always the target of practice spells ... many runes were carved on my body. I was expected to perform almost deadly manual labor around the camp."

He pauses and spits on the floor.

"When I was nearly past childhood, the orc tribe was conquered by a tribe of cave giants led by an ogre mage. There I spent most of my adolescence chained to the bellows, still taunted every day. Eventually the giants captured someone who caused events that led to the downfall of both the orcs and the giants. An agent of the Pathfinder Society. The result was that I regained my freedom." and a smile is visible on his face.

"That is the reason I am here. I owe this organisation. And I intend to repay." and the last sentence comes with true determination.

Grand Lodge

”Barm” | Male NC Medium Human Fighter 11 | HP 103/103 (9/9 temp hp)| AC 26, T 13, FF 24 | CMD 30 (34 against disarm and sunder)| F +11 R +7 W +9; | Init +6 | Perc +12 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

"Guys, enough talk! Let's get to work!"

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Ambrus looks over the paperwork he has with him, "Lodging and cover story is taken care of, just get out to that tower, do some exploration, have fun, and stay safe."

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

The party of new(ish) pathfinders make their way to The Emerald Spire. The stone staircase that led up to the tower’s door is now nothing more than a rubble-strewn cliff. On the tower’s south side, a dirt path winds up the steep embankment to a pitch-black doorway.

You're on the map now!

Feel free to ask anything else of Ambrus, but there isn't any official PFS intro for The Emerald Spire, so I'm just making it up as we go along there.

Grand Lodge

Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 11 | HP94/94| AC 25 T 22 FF 16 | CMB +11, CMD 33 | F: +11, R: +15, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +27, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. 6/6 GRIT

I'm going to assume we have time to buy item(s) before we leave, if so I'm picking up some Masterwork Thieves Tools, Candle Helmet and Candles. Will update my online sheet when I get home from work tonight.

Group, anything we need/should need to pick up beforehand?

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Yep and you will be near Fort Inevitable anyway so you can leave the tower and return at any time without losing too much time.

The Concordance

Ganzi Prankster 11 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 111/102| AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16 | CMD: 17 | Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +13 (+2 vs polymorph ; +5 vs mind-affecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 | SM: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 11 ; 1 - 8/8 ; 2 - 8/8 ; 3 - 8/8 ; 4 - 8/8 ; 5 - 5/5 ; Quibble: 0/1 ; Flicker: 5/5 ; Battle Spirit 5/5 ; Pure Whimsy: 2/2 ; Dazing spell (lesser): 3/3

Does anyone have ropes and grappling hook? It might prove useful. Gudule has only one gp left :) (my fear of low-level swarms has gotten the best of his GPs ^^)

The Concordance

Male N Ratfolk | Swashbuckler 1, Occultist 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 19 T 16 FF 13 | CMB (Trip, Disarm, Sunder) +7, CMD 12 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Bluff (Deceive) +8, Dipl. (Influence) +8, Perc +5, SM +3 Panache 4/5 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | T-Shirt Reroll 1/1 | Transm. Impl. MF 3/3 | Abj. Impl. MF 2/2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

”I don’t need anything else! Let us go!!“

Dark Archive

Male NG Half-Orc Spell Warrior Skald 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +4 (+4 vs language-dependent effects) | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: (+8) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Raging Song 18/18 | Active conditions: None

"I've got a rope," Jahz offers. "No grappling hook though - too heavy to carry comfortably. I do have this though!" he holds out the end of the scarf tied around his neck. "And this!" His other hand clutches a scroll.

I thought a scroll of grappling scarf could come in handy.

"So who wants to take the first step into the unknown?" Jahz asks joyfully.

Grand Lodge

”Barm” | Male NC Medium Human Fighter 11 | HP 103/103 (9/9 temp hp)| AC 26, T 13, FF 24 | CMD 30 (34 against disarm and sunder)| F +11 R +7 W +9; | Init +6 | Perc +12 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

"I have rope and grappling hook! So, let's go!"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 7 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Ioun Torch) Effects: None | Channel (2d6) 5/5 | Rebuke Death (1d4+1) 4/6 | Touch of Glory (+3) 4/6

"I have rope as well. I will buy a crowbar and a few more scrolls before we leave Absalom, and I will be ready"

Will provide final updated stat block tonight. Will provide tracking sheet, if asked

Grand Lodge

Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 11 | HP94/94| AC 25 T 22 FF 16 | CMB +11, CMD 33 | F: +11, R: +15, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +27, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. 6/6 GRIT

"What Pathfinder worth their salt doesn't have at least rope? Grappling hook and pitons are optional, of course!" Regnum says with a chuckle.

Dark Archive

Male NG Half-Orc Spell Warrior Skald 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +4 (+4 vs language-dependent effects) | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: (+8) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Raging Song 18/18 | Active conditions: None

"Very well!" Jahz says joyfully. "The lucky first step is mine this time!" He strides forward to the doorway and peers inside.

The Concordance

Ganzi Prankster 11 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 111/102| AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16 | CMD: 17 | Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +13 (+2 vs polymorph ; +5 vs mind-affecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 | SM: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 11 ; 1 - 8/8 ; 2 - 8/8 ; 3 - 8/8 ; 4 - 8/8 ; 5 - 5/5 ; Quibble: 0/1 ; Flicker: 5/5 ; Battle Spirit 5/5 ; Pure Whimsy: 2/2 ; Dazing spell (lesser): 3/3

Gudule bursts out in laughter.

"BWAHAHAH! I bet I'm only worth my pepper, then! No rope for me, but I'm good to go, always was, and always will be!" he says, following Jahz closely.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

The footpath climbs up to a jagged hole in the side of the green glass tower. The light outside the tower does not penetrate into the building more than a few feet. Beyond that, it’s pitch black.

Half-melted blocks of green glass lie thick on the floor. A crumbling archway to the north leads into another chamber, while a door to the west leads into the round tower at the southwest corner of the building. To the east, a barricade of rubble and wooden stakes blocks a passage leading into the tower.

Jahz, with his half-orc darkvision, easily sees the Goblin mounted upon some sort of dog guarding the entrance way, just inside the darkness effect. "You no go here! Only goblins! Run quick before Chomp-Chomp chomps on you!" he says flailing his horsechopper widely around. He then yells something in goblin over his shoulder.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 7 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Ioun Torch) Effects: None | Channel (2d6) 5/5 | Rebuke Death (1d4+1) 4/6 | Touch of Glory (+3) 4/6

Jawhar trudges along with the group, staring at the strange looking building.

"I've never seen anything like it. What type of material could make it that color? I also wonder what could have made that hole."

Seeing the darkness inside of the structure, Jawhar flips his Ioun Torch into the air above his head, where it start shedding light.

As he approaches the entryway and hears the goblin talking, he mentally prepares himself for battle, while keeping an eye out for any traps around the entrance.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Goblins, is it? This never ends well.

Grand Lodge

Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 11 | HP94/94| AC 25 T 22 FF 16 | CMB +11, CMD 33 | F: +11, R: +15, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +27, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. 6/6 GRIT

Regnum, quickly joining the group with his purchases in hand, sees the darkness and places a candle in the helmet and lights it. He scoffs at Jawhar "Isn't that kinda why we are here, to find that out?" Hearing the goblin speak, he holds his musket ready to fire at the first sign of trouble.

"Speaking of which, Jawhar, if you need it I have a cure wand you can use."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 7 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Ioun Torch) Effects: None | Channel (2d6) 5/5 | Rebuke Death (1d4+1) 4/6 | Touch of Glory (+3) 4/6

Smiling, and nodding, Jawhar accepts the wand and slides it into one of his spring-loaded wrist sheaths. Wand of Bless is in the other one

"Hopefully, we won't have much use for it."

The Concordance

Male N Ratfolk | Swashbuckler 1, Occultist 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 19 T 16 FF 13 | CMB (Trip, Disarm, Sunder) +7, CMD 12 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Bluff (Deceive) +8, Dipl. (Influence) +8, Perc +5, SM +3 Panache 4/5 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | T-Shirt Reroll 1/1 | Transm. Impl. MF 3/3 | Abj. Impl. MF 2/2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

Tabar made one last change and returned his longspear to buy a bardiche.

Tabar is already holding his earthbreaker in his hand ready to attack anything that seems hostile.

"Do you want me charge forward or do you want to talk?" he asks.

Grand Lodge

”Barm” | Male NC Medium Human Fighter 11 | HP 103/103 (9/9 temp hp)| AC 26, T 13, FF 24 | CMD 30 (34 against disarm and sunder)| F +11 R +7 W +9; | Init +6 | Perc +12 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

Seeing how Jawhar uses his Ioun torch Barm starts to take out his.

"Well, he reminded me of it!"

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 15

He takes his sword out.

Dark Archive

Male NG Half-Orc Spell Warrior Skald 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +4 (+4 vs language-dependent effects) | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: (+8) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Raging Song 18/18 | Active conditions: None

Oh! Jahz speaks Goblin! What's it saying, precious?

"Chomp Chomp?" asks Jahz as he takes a step back. "Is Chomp Chomp the chieftain?"

Is everyone where they should be on the map?

The Concordance

Male N Ratfolk | Swashbuckler 1, Occultist 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 19 T 16 FF 13 | CMB (Trip, Disarm, Sunder) +7, CMD 12 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Bluff (Deceive) +8, Dipl. (Influence) +8, Perc +5, SM +3 Panache 4/5 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | T-Shirt Reroll 1/1 | Transm. Impl. MF 3/3 | Abj. Impl. MF 2/2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

Tabar puts back his earthbreaker and takes out his bardiche.

He approaches the goblin and dog.

"No need for the dog, right?"

And he intends to strike the dog with his bardiche!

I am sorry but I had a certain concept in mind that I need to test so if it gets too annoying please tell me."

Grand Lodge

Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 11 | HP94/94| AC 25 T 22 FF 16 | CMB +11, CMD 33 | F: +11, R: +15, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +27, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. 6/6 GRIT

PER: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

"Shoot the dog? Not unless it attacks us first!"

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Jahz:
He is telling other goblins to get ready to kill you guys as soon as you enter the spire

For those that are using light sources, as mentioned in discussion thread, Light Consumption: Inside the structure, a magical effect
swallows up light. Any light source, no matter how strong, illuminates only a 5-foot radius.

The Concordance

Ganzi Prankster 11 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 111/102| AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16 | CMD: 17 | Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +13 (+2 vs polymorph ; +5 vs mind-affecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 | SM: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 11 ; 1 - 8/8 ; 2 - 8/8 ; 3 - 8/8 ; 4 - 8/8 ; 5 - 5/5 ; Quibble: 0/1 ; Flicker: 5/5 ; Battle Spirit 5/5 ; Pure Whimsy: 2/2 ; Dazing spell (lesser): 3/3

Oblivious to the current situation, Gudule strokes a large and white beard.

"What on earth could have melted this glass like this? A spell? A furnace? A meteorite?" he says, not paying attention to the goblin.

Gudule also has darkvision.

Dark Archive

Male NG Half-Orc Spell Warrior Skald 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +4 (+4 vs language-dependent effects) | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: (+8) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Raging Song 18/18 | Active conditions: None

"Now really," Jahz says with a scowl, "that's just rude!"

He turns back to his companions. "This one is telling its friends to kill us if we enter the structure. Shall we do so anyways?" He gestures grandly with his arm towards the entrance.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 7 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Ioun Torch) Effects: None | Channel (2d6) 5/5 | Rebuke Death (1d4+1) 4/6 | Touch of Glory (+3) 4/6

"Maybe these are the rare rational goblins we could reason with? Perhaps we can offer them some type of payment in exchange for free passage."

The Concordance

Male N Ratfolk | Swashbuckler 1, Occultist 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 19 T 16 FF 13 | CMB (Trip, Disarm, Sunder) +7, CMD 12 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Bluff (Deceive) +8, Dipl. (Influence) +8, Perc +5, SM +3 Panache 4/5 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | T-Shirt Reroll 1/1 | Transm. Impl. MF 3/3 | Abj. Impl. MF 2/2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

Tabar attacks the goblin.

1 to 50 of 2,171 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Zer0darkfire's Emerald Spire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.