Pathfinder: Shards of an Order PBP

Game Master Benjen Harris

Shards of an Order is a homebrew Pathfinder campaign set in a world called Vyn, more specifically set on the continent of Enderal.
Maps/Handouts
World Anvil

Initiative:
[dice=Nalia Initiative] 1d20 + 6[/dice]
[dice=Poppo Initiative] 1d20 + 5 [/dice]
[dice=Vynya Initiative] 1d20 + 1[/dice]
[dice=BobE Initiative] 1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=Hurak the Hunter Initiative] 1d20 + 4[/dice]


3,201 to 3,250 of 4,457 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>

Maps/Handouts

GM Roles:

Calia Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7, 7, 6) + 6 + 2 = 28

Turngut misses both of his attack and then gets struck by his friend Nalia once again.

Calia darts over to Nalia and lays her hand on her shoulder I'll heal you next Turngut! Holy power from Nalia's blade flows outward into Calia as she cure serious wounds Nalia Heal 28 HP.

Initiative Order Round 4

Poppo (11 Damage)
BobE
Shadow Possessed Dunwar (42 nonlethal)
Nalia (1 Damage)
Turngut (53 Damage)
Calia

Poppo is once again able to nonlethally strike Dunwar!

BobE you're up!

Grand Lodge

27 HP 45/ arcane fever 18 AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 53 HP53 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing 5/magic cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

What are you doing? Don't heal Nalia until she is back in her right mind! Beatrip, get Nalia's attention. Dont kill her!

BobE bows his head and holds out his hand. A skinwraith appears and attacks dunbar.
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/skinwraith

cmb grapple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

About time, you little hussy
slam 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 212d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 4) + 7 = 17
slam2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 202d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 3) + 7 = 11


Maps/Handouts

A skinwraith suddenly appears behind Dunwar but is unable to grapple the elf. Beatrip flanking with Turngut slams twice into Nalia, blood gushing from the nose of the lady warrior.

GM Roles:

Dunwar Attack 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 191d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Dunwar CMB 1: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19
Dunwar Attack 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 171d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Dunwar CMB 2: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37

The tentacles from Dunwar's back try again to collide with Nalia and Turngut but this time both tentacles miss. As Beatrip slams into Nalia, Calia looks terrified at the phantom and BobE What are you doing!? She's not well! Whats your solution kill your friend?!

Everyone can go

Grand Lodge

27 HP 45/ arcane fever 18 AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 53 HP53 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing 5/magic cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

I am not going to let her die! If she kills Turngut, it will destroy her. She would want this


Male Orc Brawler4/Barbarian2|Std AC 20,T 14,FF 16|CMD 24(27 vTrip, 26 vDirtyTrick/Disarm/Reposition)|
Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +2|Speed 40'|Arcane Fever 0%

hp=16/60+10hp

Turngut's stats for Round “4”:
AC 18, T 12, FF 14 | CMD 21 (22 vTrip, 23 vGrapple) | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +2| Rage 1/6 | Effects: Raging, Improved Grapple, Shaken | Perc +3

Perhaps the sister's at the convent didn't teach this fact. Maybe Nalia happened to be daydreaming on the day that her training master went over what never to do to an orc. Perhaps she ignored the warnings about a cornered and wounded orc and considered them myths. Today however, all those errors come crashing down on Nalia as the already scarred and traumatized orc next to her is wounded, shaken, confused and now uncertain of friend vs foe...

<Turngut rages>

RRRrrrRRRRRAAAAAAAaaarrrhgh!!!
Eyes going wide with non-recognition, Turngut howls savagely and grabs the closest thing to him that is causing him pain.

CMB (Grapple): 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 23 with dan bong and flank

Rage. Move action, draw Dan Bong. Standard Grapple Nalia.

Grappled condition:
Turngut’s AC while grappling: AC16 | T10 | F14
Turngut gets a +5 to CMB to maintain grapple. CMB to maintain grapple = +16 (+18 with dan bong).
If maintains grapple can: 1) pin, 2) damage, or 3) move
Armor spikes do additional damage on successful grapple check.
If both hands are not free, take -4 to CMB check.
Neither can move (outside of the grapple)
Both:
- Take a -4 to Dex
- Take -2 to all attack and CMB checks except to grapple or escape a grapple
- Can’t take any action that requires two hands
- Can't take AoOs, can't use stealth (but if they do become invisible, they gain +2 to CMD against the grapple).
Magic:
- Can’t cast spells with a S component (there is some variations on this rule, but no errata to change it)
- All materials must already be in hand
- Must succeed at a concentration check in order to cast the spell (DC 10+grappler's CMB+spell level), failure means they have lost the spell
Pinned:
- Can’t move
- Denied Dex bonus and takes additional -4 AC
- Can’t cast spells with a S component. Conc check as above.


Male Halfling Rogue 8 (Arcane Trickster) Loot HP 64/64 l AC 18 l Saves Str -2, Dex +8, Con +1, Int +6, Wis +1, Cha +2 l Spd 30' l Init +5 l Passive Perception 14 I Stealth +11 I Arcane Fever 0% I Effects: none, Spells Slots Lvl 2 2/2 Lvl 1 4/4 l Lvl 2 Knock, Invis l Lvl 1 - DM, Disg Self, Hid Laugh, Silver Barbs l Lvl 0 - Shock Grasp, Acid Splash, GFB

Poppo growing desperate, swings his boarding axe, still non-lethally against the shadow inside Dunwar. He then tries to add in an acid splash, but alas, he can’t seem to concentrate in the shadow world.

mwk boarding axe + arcane pool + flank - nonlethal - spell cobalt: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 4 - 2 = 26
Non lethal magical piercing or slashing damage + sneak attack: 1d4 + 4 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + (3, 3) = 15

Cast Defensively DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Listen! Attack the shadow creature! Not each other! The little halfling roars.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 7/ Fighter 1| 60/60 HP | AC 18/18 | Initiative +5 | Saves Str +3, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +6, Cha +5 | P. Wis 13, P. Int 10, P. Wis 16 | Perception +3 | Speed 30| Arcane Fever 6%

Nalia comes out of a fog into the not so friendly embrace of her friend Turngut. Instantly she knows what she's done against her will as she is feeling the life being squeezed from her. She shuts her eyes and prays to malphas for healing for Turngut, not making a sound or a struggle, like a limp rabbit in a hounds mouth, hoping he'll drop her for more interesting things to smash.

swift healing blessing. standard cast cure light wounds on Turngut

CLW empowered: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 7/ Fighter 1| 60/60 HP | AC 18/18 | Initiative +5 | Saves Str +3, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +6, Cha +5 | P. Wis 13, P. Int 10, P. Wis 16 | Perception +3 | Speed 30| Arcane Fever 6%

The heal is empowered, can't edit my last post for some reason but should be +50% so +6 or total of 19. Sound right?

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 7/ Fighter 1| 60/60 HP | AC 18/18 | Initiative +5 | Saves Str +3, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +6, Cha +5 | P. Wis 13, P. Int 10, P. Wis 16 | Perception +3 | Speed 30| Arcane Fever 6%

The friendly gm says I’m ahead on party order so I could attack before getting grappled. So I guess I’ll try that instead. I’m on my phone out so no extras and can’t move myself. Can someone move me 5’ up from where I am?

power attack on bad guy non lethal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Grand Lodge

27 HP 45/ arcane fever 18 AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 53 HP53 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing 5/magic cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

Good job Beatrip. You knocked some sense back into her. Now knock the other guy out.

bobE channels energy to everyone but the bad guy. channel: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

beatrip 5 foot steps and attacks with a flank
slam 1 nonlethal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 92d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 2) + 7 = 14
slam 2 nonlethal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 172d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 5) + 7 = 18

and the skinwraith
grapple: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Maps/Handouts

Nalia finally comes to her senses and tries to strike the corrupting creature but misses her attack. Then is suddenly grappled by Turngut.

GM Roles Round 5:

Calia Cure Serious Wounds on Turngut: 3d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8, 5, 2) + 6 + 2 = 23

Let her go you big buffoon! Take out the thing on Duwnar! she says laying her hands on the orc healing him 23 heal

Initiative Order Round 6

Poppo (11 Damage)
BobE
Shadow Possessed Dunwar (52 nonlethal)
Nalia (24 Damage)
Turngut (25 Damage)
Calia

Poppo is able to land yet another attack but Beatrip nor the skinwraith are able to do anything to the creature. BobE does a small heal for the group.

GM Roles Round 6:

Dunwar Attack 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 261d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Dunwar Grapple 1: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22
Dunwar Attack 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 201d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Dunwar Grapple 2: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29

The shadow creature moves out of the kill box and attacks Poppo and the Skinwraith landing both of its attacks Poppo: 9 damage, Skinwraith: 15 damage - 10 from DR The tentacles then wrap around both Poppo and the Skinwraith. The Skinwraith seems unaffected by whatever affect the grapple seems to have on others.

For Poppo's Eyes Only:

You begin to hear whispers in your head after you are grappled. Kill them, kill your friends. Make a will save DC 18, on a success you are fine, on a fail you must attack attack your nearest ally.

It releases both the skinwraith and Poppo from its grasp.

Everyone can go!


Male Halfling Rogue 8 (Arcane Trickster) Loot HP 64/64 l AC 18 l Saves Str -2, Dex +8, Con +1, Int +6, Wis +1, Cha +2 l Spd 30' l Init +5 l Passive Perception 14 I Stealth +11 I Arcane Fever 0% I Effects: none, Spells Slots Lvl 2 2/2 Lvl 1 4/4 l Lvl 2 Knock, Invis l Lvl 1 - DM, Disg Self, Hid Laugh, Silver Barbs l Lvl 0 - Shock Grasp, Acid Splash, GFB

Secret Save:

DC 18 Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

The tendrils finally get to Poppo, he turns and takes a swing at the nearest ally, Beatrip! A wild look in his eyes!

mwk boarding axe + arcane pool + flank: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 23
magical piercing or slashing damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 7/ Fighter 1| 60/60 HP | AC 18/18 | Initiative +5 | Saves Str +3, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +6, Cha +5 | P. Wis 13, P. Int 10, P. Wis 16 | Perception +3 | Speed 30| Arcane Fever 6%

Turngut, I'm so sorry for the wounds I caused you while that thing controlled me. For the moment I'm myself but it looks like Poppo has been taken over now. Let me go so we can save Poppo, I'll not hurt you now.

Nalia will delay as she's pinned by Turngut, waiting to see if he drops her.


Male Orc Brawler4/Barbarian2|Std AC 20,T 14,FF 16|CMD 24(27 vTrip, 26 vDirtyTrick/Disarm/Reposition)|
Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +2|Speed 40'|Arcane Fever 0%

hp=16/60+10hp

Turngut's stats for Round “6”:
AC 18, T 12, FF 14 | CMD 21 (22 vTrip, 23 vGrapple) | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +2| Rage 2/6 | Effects: Raging, Improved Grapple, Shaken | Perc +3

Turngut continues to look at Nalia with no recognition in his eyes, but he lets her go anyway. Tapping his heels on the ground, he activates his magical boots and dive-tumbles past Dunwar to get into a flank.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 5 = 17

Once in position, he cocks his fist back and spins it a few times before sending a huge uppercut at Dunwar (cue Popeye music).

+1 Unarmed Strike (NON-lethal): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 2 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Knockout punch. If hit, Dunwar makes DC16 Fort save or unconscious 1d6 rounds.
Continue rage. Move=acrobatics with Daredevil Boots to avoid AoO. Standard=Knockout Punch. If I avoided AoO, then I get another +1 to hit. If failed, then Dunwar gets AoO before my attack.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 7/ Fighter 1| 60/60 HP | AC 18/18 | Initiative +5 | Saves Str +3, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +6, Cha +5 | P. Wis 13, P. Int 10, P. Wis 16 | Perception +3 | Speed 30| Arcane Fever 6%

Moving in behind BobE's creature after Turngut lets her go, she attempts a large clunk on the head with the flat of her blade.

power attack non lethal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

swift heal: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Ugg!

Grand Lodge

27 HP 45/ arcane fever 18 AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 53 HP53 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing 5/magic cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

channel pos: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

skin walker grapple: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

beatrip nonlethal
slam1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 252d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 3) + 7 = 11
slam2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 162d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 1) + 7 = 10

confirmcrit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Maps/Handouts

GM Roles:

Dunwar AOO: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 301d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Dunwar CMB: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27
Dunwar Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Calia Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 2) + 6 = 15

Turngut cautiously releases Nalia then tries to to acrobatics through a square threatened by the shadow possessed elf. Unfortuantly Turngut isn't quite able to dodge Dunwar's attacks and he is struck and subsequently grappled 14 damage.

For Turngut's Eyes Only:

You begin to hear whispers in your head after you are grappled. Kill them, kill your friends. Make a will save DC 18, on a success you are fine, on a fail you must attack attack your nearest ally if possible since you are still grappled. If you pass you are still able to strike Dunwar but unfortunately does not knock him unconscious.

Nalia clearly shaken by being possessed to attack her friend and comrad Turngut cant seem to land a hit that would not cause harm to Dunwar. She then knits together some of her wounds with magic.

Seeing Turngut take a big hit Calia darts over and again lays her hand on Turngut 15 heal.

Initiative Order Round 7

Poppo (11 Damage)
BobE
Shadow Possessed Dunwar (52 nonlethal)
Nalia (20 Damage)
Turngut (23 Damage)
Calia

Poppo manages to land his attack on Dunwar but hardly any of the damage goes through.

BobE does another small heal while his skinwalker tries to grapple Dunwar but yet again is unable to. Finally as Beatrip slams once into Dunwar and black shroud pulls itself out of the elves body and disapears into shadows. Out of initiative, still make that will save Turngut to see if you damage an ally. Dunwar is completely unconscious but besides looking pale as ice his condition is stable.


Maps/Handouts

Sorry a bit of a mistake on my part, Poppo attacked Beatrip but she still does enough to take down Dunwar.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 7/ Fighter 1| 60/60 HP | AC 18/18 | Initiative +5 | Saves Str +3, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +6, Cha +5 | P. Wis 13, P. Int 10, P. Wis 16 | Perception +3 | Speed 30| Arcane Fever 6%

Breathing hard, and still looking a little wild eyed, Nalia looks around at all of the party.

[b]What the heck was all of that? Turngut, are you ok? That creature took me over, same as it seemed to have taken over Dunwar. What are we doing in this place? Can we look over Dunwar and see if we can get us out of here? Is this another door to the west?[/dice]

heal check on dunwar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Now that I have my brain back, what sort of knowledge would we do for that creature? Want to learn what we can if it comes back or we meet another.


Maps/Handouts

From BobE's planes check he know's very little about this creature. He doesn't even know its name, but knows that it infects those who have a weak will and faith with Malphas. On the other side of the room is a magical dark blue magical barrier. Eight pressure plates cover the floor in various places in this room. Calia insists that Dunwar will be fine but you're not sure from your heal check Nalia.


Male Orc Brawler4/Barbarian2|Std AC 20,T 14,FF 16|CMD 24(27 vTrip, 26 vDirtyTrick/Disarm/Reposition)|
Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +2|Speed 40'|Arcane Fever 0%

Retcon round 6: Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
As Turngut tries to dash through, he takes a bash from the black tentacle. Normally, his rage aided brain is resistant to mind control, but in his shaken state, he succumbs to the tentacles commands.

Instead of knockout punch on Dunwar, Turngut will attack nearest ally. When leaving the original square, he provoked and was next to Nalia and the skin walker.
1=Nalia. 2=skinwalker

Random person to hit: 1d2 ⇒ 2
+1 Unarmed Strike (lethal): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Of course! Max damage!! lol
After both channels and Calia's heal, I'm at 32/60hp thanks to the temp hp too.


Male Halfling Rogue 8 (Arcane Trickster) Loot HP 64/64 l AC 18 l Saves Str -2, Dex +8, Con +1, Int +6, Wis +1, Cha +2 l Spd 30' l Init +5 l Passive Perception 14 I Stealth +11 I Arcane Fever 0% I Effects: none, Spells Slots Lvl 2 2/2 Lvl 1 4/4 l Lvl 2 Knock, Invis l Lvl 1 - DM, Disg Self, Hid Laugh, Silver Barbs l Lvl 0 - Shock Grasp, Acid Splash, GFB

Poppo gives Beatrip a funny look, I'm sorry Beatrip, I don't know why I did that, or maybe I thought I had more control than that?

Still a little confused by his own actions, Poppo gets back to business. Poppo turns to studys the pressure plates trying to figure out how they relate to the blue portal.

Any particular knowledge check or info on the plates?
Perhaps some healing magic will help Dunwar

Grand Lodge

27 HP 45/ arcane fever 18 AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 53 HP53 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing 5/magic cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

heal check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
where did that wand go? Poppo, better hold up minute. I would hate to see you die from trap here

I wouldn't mind. beatrip mutters while flinging ectoplasmic blood onto Poppo's back.

BobE will then look over the plates. knowledge eng: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Maps/Handouts

Before the battle is over Turngut strikes the skinwalker but only deals five damage to it. You can give me a knowledge engineering or knowledge arcana. BobE isn't quite sure what the pressure plates do. BobE thinks Dunwar will be fine but looks completely exhausted.

Current PC HP

Turngut - 28 Damage
Poppo - 11 Damage
Nalia - 20 Damage
BobE - 0 Damage
Beatrip - 8 Damage

Calia Heals:

Cure Light Wounds on Beatrip: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Cure Serious Wounds on Turngut: 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 2, 4) + 6 = 19
Cure Light Wounds on Poppo: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Cure Moderate Wounds on Nalia: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 4) + 6 = 17

Calia goes around and heals the injured.

PC HP After Healing

Turngut - 9 Damage
Poppo - 3 Damage
Nalia - 3 Damage
BobE - 0 Damage
Beatrip - 0 Damage

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 7/ Fighter 1| 60/60 HP | AC 18/18 | Initiative +5 | Saves Str +3, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +6, Cha +5 | P. Wis 13, P. Int 10, P. Wis 16 | Perception +3 | Speed 30| Arcane Fever 6%

Ok, looked back at the info on pressure plates. They have arcane symbols on them that match the same symbols that go around the door humming with energy. Makes me think of a true dungeon run! Do we need you to draw out the symbol pattern for us? Or maybe we step on each symbol in the order the door shows?

Calia, it's wonderful to have a true healer in our group. If we ever get out of here, maybe you'd consider staying with us in our travels!


Maps/Handouts

Without the distraction of Dunwar and the strange shadow that possessed him you are able to analyze the runes. It is my task to what Malphas wishes of me. If that is to go with you then it shall be done. Calia says as she watches over Dunwar.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 7/ Fighter 1| 60/60 HP | AC 18/18 | Initiative +5 | Saves Str +3, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +6, Cha +5 | P. Wis 13, P. Int 10, P. Wis 16 | Perception +3 | Speed 30| Arcane Fever 6%

What is on the door? Is it left to right like you wrote at top of map or goes around the door left to right, or what? Malphas is 7 letters, this is 8, don't know if you have to use all of them. I don't have linguistics.

perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Maps/Handouts

Linguistics will not help as it is not a language, they are generic arcane runes. It goes left to right at the top of the door and the runes at the top of the map are the ones on the door.


Male Halfling Rogue 8 (Arcane Trickster) Loot HP 64/64 l AC 18 l Saves Str -2, Dex +8, Con +1, Int +6, Wis +1, Cha +2 l Spd 30' l Init +5 l Passive Perception 14 I Stealth +11 I Arcane Fever 0% I Effects: none, Spells Slots Lvl 2 2/2 Lvl 1 4/4 l Lvl 2 Knock, Invis l Lvl 1 - DM, Disg Self, Hid Laugh, Silver Barbs l Lvl 0 - Shock Grasp, Acid Splash, GFB

Poppo stares at the runes on the arch and the ones on the pressure plates.

The runes on the arch are humming with energy, is it consistent or do they alternate or something like that?


Maps/Handouts

The humming of the runes is consistent and they do not hum in any particular order.


Male Orc Brawler4/Barbarian2|Std AC 20,T 14,FF 16|CMD 24(27 vTrip, 26 vDirtyTrick/Disarm/Reposition)|
Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +2|Speed 40'|Arcane Fever 0%

Turngut looks sheepishly at Nalia, Poppo and Dunwar. Turngut sorry. He stammers, not sure what else to say to those that he tried to beat up, either on purpose or under mind control.

Without any other clues, seems like stepping on the plates in the order that they are on the wall is the best place to start. Linguistics and Perception didn't help, right? I'm guessing no one else has any of those Knowledge checks (engineering or arcana).

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 7/ Fighter 1| 60/60 HP | AC 18/18 | Initiative +5 | Saves Str +3, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +6, Cha +5 | P. Wis 13, P. Int 10, P. Wis 16 | Perception +3 | Speed 30| Arcane Fever 6%

I don't have them. I think stepping in the same order makes as much sense as anything and is a good place to start.

I think we all went a little crazy there. Me most of all!! I'm sorry I attacked you but I'm glad it had to be you as at least you can take it. I'd have felt terrible if I'd killed Calia or BobE in my crazy rage. I would have thought I'd be able to control my mind better than I did. It terrifies me that I was so weak....


Male Halfling Rogue 8 (Arcane Trickster) Loot HP 64/64 l AC 18 l Saves Str -2, Dex +8, Con +1, Int +6, Wis +1, Cha +2 l Spd 30' l Init +5 l Passive Perception 14 I Stealth +11 I Arcane Fever 0% I Effects: none, Spells Slots Lvl 2 2/2 Lvl 1 4/4 l Lvl 2 Knock, Invis l Lvl 1 - DM, Disg Self, Hid Laugh, Silver Barbs l Lvl 0 - Shock Grasp, Acid Splash, GFB

Poppo looks around as Turngut and Nalia apologize for losing control, he gets that goofy smile on his face. But it is clear he's focused on moving forward. He looks at the first ruin on the arch, finds the associated ruin pressure plate.

Here goes nothing, or maybe everything!

He steps on the pressure plate.

Moved on map to indicate which one I stepped on.

Then just as he is stepping he has another thought, What if the plate chooses a destination?


Maps/Handouts

As Poppo steps on the pressure plate the matching runes on the pressure plate and above the door begin to glow a deep purple.


Male Halfling Rogue 8 (Arcane Trickster) Loot HP 64/64 l AC 18 l Saves Str -2, Dex +8, Con +1, Int +6, Wis +1, Cha +2 l Spd 30' l Init +5 l Passive Perception 14 I Stealth +11 I Arcane Fever 0% I Effects: none, Spells Slots Lvl 2 2/2 Lvl 1 4/4 l Lvl 2 Knock, Invis l Lvl 1 - DM, Disg Self, Hid Laugh, Silver Barbs l Lvl 0 - Shock Grasp, Acid Splash, GFB

Poppo proceeds to check both theories. He walks to the next ruin and steps onto it.

Nobody move!


Maps/Handouts

As Poppo steps off the first rune both the rune on the door and pressure plate stops glowing. When you step on the next pressure it does not glow on the door or the plate.


Male Halfling Rogue 8 (Arcane Trickster) Loot HP 64/64 l AC 18 l Saves Str -2, Dex +8, Con +1, Int +6, Wis +1, Cha +2 l Spd 30' l Init +5 l Passive Perception 14 I Stealth +11 I Arcane Fever 0% I Effects: none, Spells Slots Lvl 2 2/2 Lvl 1 4/4 l Lvl 2 Knock, Invis l Lvl 1 - DM, Disg Self, Hid Laugh, Silver Barbs l Lvl 0 - Shock Grasp, Acid Splash, GFB

Poppo face drops into an immediate frown.

Well that did work like I thought.

He steps off the other pressure plate.

Everyone can move just don't step on the plates.

Let's just wait a minute, Nalia and Calia, maybe pray they light back up.

He sits on the floor and eats a shadow orange from his shadow pouch.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 7/ Fighter 1| 60/60 HP | AC 18/18 | Initiative +5 | Saves Str +3, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +6, Cha +5 | P. Wis 13, P. Int 10, P. Wis 16 | Perception +3 | Speed 30| Arcane Fever 6%

Maybe we need to have one step on the first plate, then stay, while the next person steps on the next in sequence, and so on.

Anyone have a better idea? Calia, can you seek Malphas favor for us?


Male Halfling Rogue 8 (Arcane Trickster) Loot HP 64/64 l AC 18 l Saves Str -2, Dex +8, Con +1, Int +6, Wis +1, Cha +2 l Spd 30' l Init +5 l Passive Perception 14 I Stealth +11 I Arcane Fever 0% I Effects: none, Spells Slots Lvl 2 2/2 Lvl 1 4/4 l Lvl 2 Knock, Invis l Lvl 1 - DM, Disg Self, Hid Laugh, Silver Barbs l Lvl 0 - Shock Grasp, Acid Splash, GFB

Yeah I think you are right Nalia, but all the lights are off now.

Poppo puzzles for a moment.

Unless?

He goes and stands on the first plate again.


Maps/Handouts

As Poppo steps on the first rune again both the rune on the pressure plate and the matching rune on the door glow a deep purple. I'm not really one for solving puzzles. Calia responds And as this is meant to be a test I doubt he would just give us the answer.


Male Halfling Rogue 8 (Arcane Trickster) Loot HP 64/64 l AC 18 l Saves Str -2, Dex +8, Con +1, Int +6, Wis +1, Cha +2 l Spd 30' l Init +5 l Passive Perception 14 I Stealth +11 I Arcane Fever 0% I Effects: none, Spells Slots Lvl 2 2/2 Lvl 1 4/4 l Lvl 2 Knock, Invis l Lvl 1 - DM, Disg Self, Hid Laugh, Silver Barbs l Lvl 0 - Shock Grasp, Acid Splash, GFB

Poppo gives Calia a sneer, Well I mean, asking shows trust and reliance doesn't it; maybe that's the test.

Turngut go stand right there. Poppo points to the second ruin's pressure plate.

Grand Lodge

27 HP 45/ arcane fever 18 AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 53 HP53 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing 5/magic cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

BobE focuses on caring for his friends and asks beatrip to patrol the perimeter looking for threats.
I think you are onto something only.. how many people do this trial at a time. If the challenge is usually done my one person, then any solution which requires more than 1 cant be right. Poppo why dont you try jumping on the runes in order?

i think my knowledge engineering and planes didnt offer much insight


Maps/Handouts

You recall information in which I said the trial changes depending on the people going through it.


Male Orc Brawler4/Barbarian2|Std AC 20,T 14,FF 16|CMD 24(27 vTrip, 26 vDirtyTrick/Disarm/Reposition)|
Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +2|Speed 40'|Arcane Fever 0%

Happy to have someone tell him what to do again, Turngut nods awkwardly at Nalia, then steps away and onto the second rune.
Oh! OK, Hoppo. Turngut stand very carefully.


Maps/Handouts

Turngut stands on the next rune and both the pressure plate and matching rune above the door glow.


Male Halfling Rogue 8 (Arcane Trickster) Loot HP 64/64 l AC 18 l Saves Str -2, Dex +8, Con +1, Int +6, Wis +1, Cha +2 l Spd 30' l Init +5 l Passive Perception 14 I Stealth +11 I Arcane Fever 0% I Effects: none, Spells Slots Lvl 2 2/2 Lvl 1 4/4 l Lvl 2 Knock, Invis l Lvl 1 - DM, Disg Self, Hid Laugh, Silver Barbs l Lvl 0 - Shock Grasp, Acid Splash, GFB

Poppo instructs everyone, one at a time to step on the ruins in order.

Nalia stand there, Calia stand there.... etc.


Maps/Handouts

Everyone stands on the pressure plates in order but you find that their is one pressure plate left and no one else to stand on it.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 7/ Fighter 1| 60/60 HP | AC 18/18 | Initiative +5 | Saves Str +3, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +6, Cha +5 | P. Wis 13, P. Int 10, P. Wis 16 | Perception +3 | Speed 30| Arcane Fever 6%

Could we use backpacks to be weight on a plate?


Male Orc Brawler4/Barbarian2|Std AC 20,T 14,FF 16|CMD 24(27 vTrip, 26 vDirtyTrick/Disarm/Reposition)|
Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +2|Speed 40'|Arcane Fever 0%

Maybe summon a skeleton or something? Since those creatures are usually part of our fighting force, maybe Malphas is wanting everyone to participate?


Male Halfling Rogue 8 (Arcane Trickster) Loot HP 64/64 l AC 18 l Saves Str -2, Dex +8, Con +1, Int +6, Wis +1, Cha +2 l Spd 30' l Init +5 l Passive Perception 14 I Stealth +11 I Arcane Fever 0% I Effects: none, Spells Slots Lvl 2 2/2 Lvl 1 4/4 l Lvl 2 Knock, Invis l Lvl 1 - DM, Disg Self, Hid Laugh, Silver Barbs l Lvl 0 - Shock Grasp, Acid Splash, GFB

One short -- I was afraid of that?

3,201 to 3,250 of 4,457 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pathfinder: Shards of an Order PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.