Pathfinder: Shards of an Order PBP

Game Master Benjen Harris

Shards of an Order is a homebrew Pathfinder campaign set in a world called Vyn, more specifically set on the continent of Enderal.
Maps/Handouts
Player Resource

Initiative:
[dice=Nalia Initiative] 1d20 + 6[/dice]
[dice=Poppo Initiative] 1d20 + 4 [/dice]
[dice=Turngut Initiative] 1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=Bobie Initiative] 1d20 + 2[/dice]


2,451 to 2,500 of 2,726 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 6/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Yeah let's not leave Crowhall until full up!


Male Orc Brawl4/Barb1|max hp 60|Std AC 19,T 14,FF 15|CMD 23(24 vTrip)|
Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2|Speed 40'|Arcane Fever 0%

Nice on the heals, Jon! After just one day of healing and rest, Turngut can be ready to go on the second morning (return to Crowhall, sleep, rest the next day, sleep, then ready to go!!)

If everyone is good, Turngut is ready to go after the rest and discussion with Thraduik.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Warpriest 4/ Fighter 1| 39/39 HP | AC 22/20 | FF 19 | T 10| CMB +5 | CMD 17 | Initiative +6 | Fort +7 Reflex +1 Will +7 | Perception +4 | Speed 30(20) | Arcane Fever 0% [b][/b]

Sorry, internet was down for me this morning so couldn't post to I got home. Resting until we're ready makes the most sense to me. Don't want a surprise encounter on the way to take us out.

I think Ark might be a good direction for collecting info and getting us equipped. We need supplies that I fear we can't get until a much bigger town. Spiked armor for a mighty fighter doesn't grow on trees! We can then head to search out the Crow.

We would have delivered the bodies of our comrades to the mayor and their families, helping with whatever needed to immediately be done with probably burial or burning the next morning, whatever is appropriate for the mountain town (Think it was a pyre). I of course return the scimitar to the mayor as you said.

I'll go with whoever wants to accompany me and meet with Torell to make our goodbyes and check into whatever reward the mayor was mentioning. That money can go towards fancy knuckles.

What did we decide on the equipement? Bobie should take the breastplate? Or Turngut until he replaces his armor in Ark? I can't remember if we had horses or could buy a mule to cary some equipment and supplies? We'll need to gather provisions to get us to Ark or the closest town along the way. Pearson, Mac and Jespar are going along as well?

Pearson! Looking good!

Will my sword be back up and functional yet?

Grand Lodge

15 HP 38/ AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 43 HP43 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

arcane spell failure scares me. Will wait for gear of protection i think.


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

Your swords energy comes back on day thirty so if you stay in town for just two more days it will come back after a day of traveling. You guys had a donkey that is carrying your stuff. Yes Jespar, Pearson, and MacGuire are accompanying you.

You would know the proper person to take the bodies too is Torell since he is leader of the rangers. You also recall that these guys are almost entirely made up of criminals and would not have any sort of family here. You also remember that no money was promised as a reward just a magic item.

Thank you Madame Nalia. I shall accompany you to see the ranger, could use to do a bit of walking.

The Ice Fang rangers base of operations is Fortress Fogwatch which is connected to Crowhall via palisade walls. You and Pearson walk up the path to Fogwatch and are let in by a large man with tattoos covering his entire body. Though you only caught a glimpse of a few of the rangers before you can tell that most of them are the shifty type. They look your way with scowls on their faces before you are approached by a man with an owl on his arm Torell. You're back, Ela told me you had succeeded in your mission. He sees the bodies of Dholl and Desmore and quite coldly motions for two of the ice fang rangers one with long black hair the other bald with a slightly chubby face to carry them away. The two rangers quickly start constructing a small pyre of fire but no funeral is actually held. No need to mourn them, Dholl killed sixteen children in an orphanage and Desmore murdered his wife. Best not mourn any Ice Fang who dies for he surely deserves the death he gets. But enough talking about that lot I believe I promised you a relic of Fogwatch as a reward... He pulls from a bag a large cloak completely made up of black almost purple raven feathers and hands it to you. Its called the Ravens Cloak owned by the original commander of Fogwatch. It allows you turn into a raven for a limited amount of time per day. Good for scouting and getting to high places. Criminals like me don't deserve to wear such a cloak and you definitely deserve such a fine magical item. He pauses for a moment as if not knowing what to say before suddenly saying Good luck on your path. before climbing to stone covered ramparts and gazing off at the ruins of Anor Colair.

On the way back Pearson begins to speak once more You know I just wanted to thank you again for bringing back from... well you know. Jespar is pretty amazed and MacGuire, well MacGuire can't stop talking about you. I know he can be a bit annoying at times but I think it really meant a lot to him that you were able to bring me back. I dare say that by saving my life you've earned yourself quite the admirer. He gives a silly grin to Nalia Will probably try to give you some winter flowers or some such before we leave. Heck might even outright propose to you as soon as he see's you Pearson lets out a hearty chuckle

Turngut goes to speak to Thraduik who stands ever vigilant by the recently repaired West gate. The wind blowing his black and grey beard as he clutches his crossbow. As you approach he turns around and a smile crosses his face Turngut! he says in a greeting akin to friends. Yah feeling any better after a little bit of ale and rest?

Silver Crusade

Female Human Warpriest 4/ Fighter 1| 39/39 HP | AC 22/20 | FF 19 | T 10| CMB +5 | CMD 17 | Initiative +6 | Fort +7 Reflex +1 Will +7 | Perception +4 | Speed 30(20) | Arcane Fever 0% [b][/b]

Do you want us to roll out the healing? Or ok to hand wave that?

In talking to Torell, I explain what we did and who we ran into and also fill him in on the vampire brides and vampire Sorin. I wouldn't say Anor Colair is clear of danger, but maybe it could be further investigated more safely. I wonder if it's walls would be safer for your town in time? Thank you for this gift; I think we can put it to good use.

As Nalia is talking to Pearson, she smiles at his words. Married life is not for me, at least for now. I try and let Malphas guide my hand in what I do and it was his sword that raised you. He is the one who deserves praise. As they talk she steers the conversation to less personal things, as she asks, Ever been to Ark?

As they head back to town, leaving Fogwatch behind, she is truly creeped out by the ice fangs behind her, the words of Torell tumbling around in her head.


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

Of course! Pearson says My little brother Lambert and I were raised there. Malphas willing I'll get to see little Lambert again.

Bobie and Poppo what are you guys doing?


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

Raven's Cloak Stats:

Raven’s Cloak
Aura: Faint Transmutation
Slot: Shoulders
Cost: 3000GP
This cloak is an ancient cloak made of thousands of black raven feathers. The wearer of this cloak is able to take the form of a raven for 10 minutes a day, taking the form for a minimum of 1 minute. While in the form of a raven you cannot cast any spells, spell like abilities, or supernatural abilities. Things like armor and weapons cannot be used while taking the shape of a raven and you are limited to the stats and abilities of a raven. If the user of this cloak is knocked below the ravens HP they are automatically transformed back into their standard form losing all abilities of a raven and the user is Sickend for 1d4 + 1 rounds. If the user of this cloak is knocked below the ravens base HP at any point the Raven’s Cloak cannot be used for twenty four hours even if the cloak has remaining minutes left.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Warpriest 4/ Fighter 1| 39/39 HP | AC 22/20 | FF 19 | T 10| CMB +5 | CMD 17 | Initiative +6 | Fort +7 Reflex +1 Will +7 | Perception +4 | Speed 30(20) | Arcane Fever 0% [b][/b]

That cloak looks like a Poppo item. What do you guys think?


Male Orc Brawl4/Barb1|max hp 60|Std AC 19,T 14,FF 15|CMD 23(24 vTrip)|
Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2|Speed 40'|Arcane Fever 0%

Turngut stands next to Thraduik in silence for a few heartbeats, looking out at the bleak and cold terrain. Yes, He says slowly. Turngut feel stronger. Wrinklebutt strange, but now good at healing. He talk of dove, but dove not strong. Then looking down to Thraduik, You. Little Big Man. Good with shooting and brave. Come. He gestures back to his allies. Come with Turngut and friends. Little Big Man good in fight. Could use you. Woman and maybe now Wrinklebutt going to save whole world. Turngut help. Little Big Man help too?

I will pass on the cloak. Up to Bobie or Poppo.

Grand Lodge

15 HP 38/ AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 43 HP43 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

Probably more useful for Poppo, if not I'll take it so I can bravely run away

BobE sits in the tavern with his apple cider, channeling pos energy all around. A crowd gathers for the healing and when asked he retells his story over and over again. Defaming the crow and praising the dove most of the day. He is pleasantly surprised when he overhears someone drop a mug and curse by saying "Cursed crow" and later hears someone whisper "Dove aid me" as a prayer. He sits in contemplation, wondering if he is being fooled yet again. And more if he has any choice if he is to defeat the crow. But how can a man defeat a god. And with that thought he downs another apple cider.


Male Orc Brawl4/Barb1|max hp 60|Std AC 19,T 14,FF 15|CMD 23(24 vTrip)|
Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2|Speed 40'|Arcane Fever 0%

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (12) - 2 + 4 = 14

Whoa! For Turngut, that is seriously laying on the charm!!


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

Thraduik looks to the road then peers at the village looking at the villagers then looking to Turngut. He sits in contemplation for a long while tapping his finger on his crossbow and scratching his beard. You know friend I never wanted to travel the road, I wanted to settle down like I have here. He gestures to Crowhall But what I saw in that tower he says pointing to Anor Colair If something like that were destroy the world then I can't stand idly by! Thraduik grabs Dholl's axe which he had propped up against the wooden wall Give me some time to pack me things and find someone to take my watch then I shall depart with you.


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 6/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Nice job Turngut

Poppo spends a lot of time in his ale cups, sort of getting lost in time. As the new ioun stone circles his head, he pours over his spell book, making notes and gibbering in a strange tongue.

Yak zrobyty kholodnishe; YA khochu vytratyty yikh vladu He mumbles under his breath.

He writes some more, he drinks some more ale. He down in the book, the hours fly away.

When Nalia brings the cloak around, Oh, that's a nice cloak, if no one else wants it I'll take it I guess. He swallows some more ale, and absent-mindedly looks back at his book.

O prykhovuvannya, yake mohlo b dopomohty shpyhunstvu He mumbles.


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

Alright does anyone want to do anything else before you leave town? I'm just assuming with Bobie's channeling positive and maybe some on Nalia's heals you guys are all back to full and no longer have any sort of ability damage.

Grand Lodge

15 HP 38/ AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 43 HP43 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

Umm, Poppo, as your friend I have to ask, do you think you have had a little too much to drink? You seem to be speaking gibberish there. I certainly hope your not drinking and Casting. I heard about a guy who turned himself into a donkey doing that or some such? Your too small to make a good donkey


Male Orc Brawl4/Barb1|max hp 60|Std AC 19,T 14,FF 15|CMD 23(24 vTrip)|
Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2|Speed 40'|Arcane Fever 0%

Turngut's face breaks out into a big tusky smile. Before Thraduik can react, Turngut gathers the stoic dwarf up into a big bear hug. You will be good on road! We fight big. Many battles and glory!

Once Thraduik leaves to pack, Turngut races down and bursts into the tavern shouting loudly at his friends: Turngut has new friend! Little Big Man going to come and save world with us! More drinks! He rushes up to Poppo and grabs the poor man up from behind (and probably spilling his books, parchments and ale), hoisting him up in the air and squeezing him tightly. New adventures tomorrow, Hoppo!
The remainder of the evening, Turngut is in probably the best mood that you've ever seen him.

If there are any spiked gauntlets or punching daggers, Turngut would like to pick up a pair. Otherwise, he's ready to roll.


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 6/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Just as he takes a drink, Bobie makes his donkey comment. Ale spews out of Poppo's nose and mouth and choking coughs accompany fits of laughter. Good one, cough, cough Bobie.

Then Turngut enters and soon all Poppo's things are spilled all over, Yes! New adventure! Uhhh..Kindly set me down now, my friend! He tells the massive orc, just as he thinks his spine might snap.

Poppo socializes for a few minutes but his soon back to his spellbook. As people begin to peel off, Poppo waves them goodnight, I'll be up in a minute or two.

----
As dawns first light crashes into the tavern, who is first down finds a bleary eyed Poppo still sitting where he was left. His ale mug, now abandoned, is illuminated with a light spell; as Poppo sits forming complex hand motions. He looks up...What time is it!?

Grand Lodge

15 HP 38/ AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 43 HP43 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

She's baaack
Let's go kill something Beatrip screams as she jumps into every one's room just before first light.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Warpriest 4/ Fighter 1| 39/39 HP | AC 22/20 | FF 19 | T 10| CMB +5 | CMD 17 | Initiative +6 | Fort +7 Reflex +1 Will +7 | Perception +4 | Speed 30(20) | Arcane Fever 0% [b][/b]

Poppo, my friend, I left you studying your books and come back and you're still deep in them. What have you found to so distract you? We have a day of walking to do; we may have to strap you to Turngut so you can catch up on your sleep. Although Beatrip will likely wake you like she did me this morning, and let me tell you, that's not the way anyone wants to wake up!

With that she attempts to get breakfast ordered for the party and to offer to settle up with whatever we owe for rooms, food and the barrel of ale we must have drank last night.


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

All of you except Poppo wake up to the loud sound of Beatrip screaming her usual "Lets murder people." Jespar, MacGuire, and Pearson got up slightly earlier than everyone to pack up the donkey. Nalia as you exit your room you notice a delicate blue winter flower placed at the threshold of your door and as you exit the tavern you catch a brief glimpse with MacGuire who quickly looks away.

We will miss you Thraduik you see Ela talking with Thraduik.

I know... but like my good friend Turngut put it we are going off to save the whole world. Take care of yourself Ela.

And you do the same Thraduik. Ela then approaches each of you Have a safe journey, you will always be welcome in Crowhall.

With that you all finally depart Crowhall slowly trudging your way through the snow of the mountain before the small village disappears in the distance. After a cold six hour trek you finally are out of the mountains, grassy plains and lush forests make up the whole of the Heartland. The large body of water which you know to be called "The Heart" lies to the North. And then you glimpse in the far distance a city, a city so large that even though you are a few days travel you can still see it. You can see at the very center of ark is a large temple atop a mountain, a giant statue of Malphas is carved into the side of mountain and depicts him holding the temple upright.

GM Roles:

Random Encounter: 1d100 ⇒ 161d100 ⇒ 27
Random Encounter: 1d100 ⇒ 611d100 ⇒ 88

Your journey is uneventful for the first two day's the temperate weather is much more pleasant than that of the mountains you had just spent several days in. Nalia you also feel the power of your sword come back after a day of travel. Toward the end of the second day you begin to pass many travelers headed in the same direction. Many of the people speak among themselves about the "Tourney of Tallfield". And soon enough you arrive in the grandly decorated town of Tallfield were clearly a festival and tournament is being held. You see several stands selling items such a candied apples, little wooden swords, and lots of other things. You also see a sign that says "Tournament Entrants Sign Up Here".


Male Orc Brawl4/Barb1|max hp 60|Std AC 19,T 14,FF 15|CMD 23(24 vTrip)|
Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2|Speed 40'|Arcane Fever 0%

Although Turngut jolts awake, launching himself a few feet in the air, it is not the first time he's been woken by someone screaming at him to kill. He glares at Beatrip, but he smiles warmly at her when she zips off to annoy someone else.
The first day he's fairly silent as Turngut trudges along the road, clearly still tired from the battles in the tower (and the extra ale from the night before). He's not nearly as tired as the Halfling, however, and before the party is more than a half-mile from Crowhall, Turngut hoists Poppo onto his shoulders, regardless of any protests.
The second day, Turngut is more animated and chats with Thraduik and the rest of the party, the nicer weather clearly lifting his spirits.
Trungut happy to have strong friends. Now we go to find Mal-fass and save the world. Right, Woman? Little Big Man will help us and can be hero, just like Turngut! Turngut beams, clearly the doubts and depression he experienced in the mountains are melting away.

As they approach Tallfield, Turngut is initially apprehensive and shifts his position to put himself between any of the other travelers and his friends. As the festive town comes into view, however, Turngut can't help but gawk at the banners and flag. He smacks his lips and a string of drool rolls off one of his tusks as he looks at the sweets for sale. Wide-eyed, he looks from the confections to Poppo with hopeful plea in his eyes.

As a player, I want to make sure I'm keeping the main plot line in my head. Unfortunately my memory may be as bad as Turngut's! What is our goal in Ark? Secondarily, we have something to investigate at Fogville too?
PS - cool artwork of Ark!!


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

You guys are heading to Ark to collect your reward for helping Jespar uncover some stuff about the Red Madness in the Sun Coast. The Ninr Eyes is in Fogville, the artifact that Sorrin wanted you to retrieve in exchange for leaving Crowhall alone and closing the rift to The Abyss from there. Obviously you guys didnt take the deal and Bobie and Poppo want to retirve the Nine Eyes.


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

Also I just realised that our Play by Post turned a year old yesterday! That's crazy! Thanks guys for putting up with my deadly GM antics.


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 6/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Huzzah!! Well happy anniversary to us!! Time sure does fly.

Poppo hurriedly gathers his things together as he tells Nalia, Oh this and that, it all makes much more sense to me now for some reason. As ioun stone circles his head. As the party is set to depart he pulls the last of his oranges from the bag, it's a bit small and a little passed ripe, but still edible. He lays it on the bar for Sally, without a word and ventures out into the cold.

----
He does protest quite a lot, but eventually settles in for a ride on Turngut's shoulder and is glad to avoid some of the walking.

----
Once they arrive in Tallfield:

Seeing Turngut eyeing the sweets, Poppo grins Come on! He races over and buys way too many, finds a spot to sit down and goes to town on some candied apples. Handing Turngut twice as many as he keeps for himself.

Hey Jespar, what do you know of this tourney?


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

Ah the Tourney of Tallfield is a tradition, has been for over a hundred years. It's a celebration in dedication to Malphas and the coming of Fall. Any old person with a hundred gold who can wield a weapon, ride a horse, and shoot a bow can enter. Tried my hand at it a few years back but never quite made it to the finals. He looks at Pearson You reckon Lambert is entering this year?

I'd bet my longsword on it Pearson replies glancing around the tourney grounds.

Jesper continues Like I said it's been around for over a hundred years the town of Tallfield was actually created after the tourney started. Besides it being the birthplace of Loram Waterblade the tourney is the town's only claim to fame.


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 6/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Only claim to fame...that's kinda sad, but they make a tasty candied apple, maybe that should be there claim to fame too! Poppo takes another big bite and then talks through his chews.

Nalia, Malaphas shines on you, you should enter!!

He chomps down again.

These are good aren't they Turngut.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Warpriest 4/ Fighter 1| 39/39 HP | AC 22/20 | FF 19 | T 10| CMB +5 | CMD 17 | Initiative +6 | Fort +7 Reflex +1 Will +7 | Perception +4 | Speed 30(20) | Arcane Fever 0% [b][/b]

Malphas gave me half a brain, not as much as you, but still, a brain to know that I shouldn't seek how possible harm for money. But if the tournament is today, maybe we should stay and enjoy ourselves, and then press on to Ark. All we've known since we met each other was doom, fear and death (nod to the third wall), it feels like a year of terror (another nod) and I think we all deserve a few days of happiness now an then if we can get it. What say you all? Shall we stay and watch a tournament and give ourselves a belly ache with too much rich food and ale?


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

Well madame Nalia they dont use real weapons, sparing weapons. Pearson says Its a great honor to win the tourney. Your name would go down in the history books alongside Loram Waterblade and Tealor Arantheal. Both of them are great warriors in service to Malphas. The entry fee and reward is just a little bit of incentive.


Male Orc Brawl4/Barb1|max hp 60|Std AC 19,T 14,FF 15|CMD 23(24 vTrip)|
Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2|Speed 40'|Arcane Fever 0%

Turngut races after Poppo to the food stalls and follows him, licking his chops, to the spot under the tree to eat. Each time Poppo tosses some food over, Turngut grabs it from the air with one hand and shoves the whole fist-full into his mouth. Cheeks puffed out with sweets, he can't help but grin as he chews.
Mmith iff mood, Fopho! Spraying the halfling with chunks of apple and sugar.

While Jespar and the rest talk of the tournament, Turngut half listens as his blood sugar spikes and his eyes glaze over. For some reason, the word "sparing" rouses him and he jumps up into a low crouch and hops about a bit: Turngut good at battle! Turngut fight good and people cheer. When Turngut make people cheer, Bad Man doesn't hit Turngut and let's Turngut sleep that night. Turngut not know Mal-fass, but wants to be in sparing match.

Happy Birthday to Shards of an Order and WELL DONE to our awesome GM!! Huzzah! I have been enjoying this adventure and story thoroughly (and continue to do so!). I am still looking forward to one day having an in person session. One day, when Jon's in town!


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

Aww thanks Craig! Glad everyone is enjoying it! Planning on this going for years to come!

Half paying attention to what everyone is saying MacGuire suddenly gets a thought and glances at Nalia quickly I shall win this tourney for my lady love! He then walks over to the sign up stall and puts a large bag of gold down then writes on a small piece of paper.


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 6/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

How much does it cost to enter? Poppo inquires


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

One hundred gold Jespar answers That gold goes into the overall prize pool which is won by the top three in the tourney. First place gets sixty percent of the earnings and a special prize. Second place gets thirty percent. And third place is awarded ten percent.


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 6/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Okay...come on Turngut!

Poppo retrieves a hundred gold and heads over to the entry table. He place the coin on the table and grabs a slip...

May I present, straight from the fighting pits of Ostian, Turngut the Barbarous! he says like some kind of hype man, he then records Turngut's name on the slip and returns it.

Turngut fight good, win back this hundred gold and more, and we'll have more than enough for those fancy armor spikes! He tells the orc.


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

The frail old man takes the slip and delicately places it in a small box. Then takes the hundred gold and puts it in a chest which he opens with a key that is around his neck Two orcs this year... good luck in the tourney!


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

The old man continues Now let me explain the rules of the tourney. Any outside spellcasting will result in instant and immediate disqualification from the tournament. If you have any spellcasting ability... he pauses and looks at Turngut well I doubt this rule applies to you. But if you have any spellcasting abilities that heal or help defend you in any way you are allowed to use these. Offensive spells are banned from the tournament due to an unfortunate fireball incident a few years ago. The tourney consists of four events. A riding portion were you must ride your preferred mount through a course. If you do not have access to any steed you will be provided with a standard riding horse. The second event is archery were you must hit targets of variable distances. The third event is a skirmish were you are awarded for the amount of people you knock down and how brave you are. Each of these events will grant you a certain amount of points depending on how well you did. The four people who receive the most point will be put into the final portion called The Duels. Were you will face off against an opponent in a semi final match. If you beat them you move on to a final. The two who were knocked out in the semi final duel for third. Do you understand?

Grand Lodge

15 HP 38/ AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 43 HP43 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

BobE gives a groan at the size of the Festival. His only thought is getting to fogville and stopping the crow. But an internal stab of pain from Beatrip,residing in his own skull for the time, shuts him up in time to not interfere with his companions joy. He sighs at the delay. He slips off and looks for any mounts that may be available. The more exotic the better. He will also browse for any old books mentioning the crow or dove. He feels the need to look at weapons for an estoc, and any magical items to give him more charisma or wisdom. He will also keep his ear open for any rumors about his friends opponents.

a year ?? No way!! This has been and is so much fun
! Cant wait to see what comes next. You all are awesome and so great. And Benj, you will never suffer from the Mercer effect. Keep up the awesome work and wonderful story. I cant wait to find out where the dinosaurs are in this awesome world.

btw look for me in april or may timeframe. And I have complained enough I may get the wife's blessings for gencon


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 6/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Huzzah! Will be great if you guys make it down here at some point next spring. And a face to face game would be amazing.

How's your riding Turngut? Poppo asks as they return to the others.


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

I keep forgetting to say which actors play each of these characters. So now that Thraduik is a traveling companion I figure I should say who he's played by. Thraduik is played by Ian McShane. If I ever forget to say which actor plays specific npc's ask me I have a list


Male Orc Brawl4/Barb1|max hp 60|Std AC 19,T 14,FF 15|CMD 23(24 vTrip)|
Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2|Speed 40'|Arcane Fever 0%

Turngut stands behind Poppo, slightly confused, while he registers for the tournament. When Poppo barks out his announcement of "Turngut the Barbarous", he catches on and stands tall, trying to look menacing.

Walking back, he replies to Poppo, Turngut like riding horses. Fun to go so fast! Not sure about shooting bow. He says, and Poppo notices Turngut's eyes are tearing slightly in the bright sunlight. Then, Turngut stops walking and stares defiantly in to the sun, unblinking. Turngut fight bright sky light, but sometimes makes it hard to see. Sometimes Turngut sees black spots in eyes and can't shoot good.
He resumes walking, But Turngut fight good! Knock lots down and knock down more in duals. Just like in pits! Hoppo will be proud and get lots of gold for oranges!!

+7 to Ride skill when not wearing armor with ACP (I actually used one of my precious 3/lvl skill points in Ride at some point!!). One of the Orc racial traits that I took is called Dayrunner. It makes it so Turngut cannot be dazzled by sunlight or a daylight spell. However, it imparts a -2 penalty on all ranged attacks. The text of the trait just sounded so much like Turngut though!

Dayrunner:
Orcs refuse to yield to any foe, including the sun. Some spend hour upon hour glaring at the sun until their ruined eyes acclimatize to bright light. Orcs with this racial trait take a -2 penalty on all ranged attack rolls. This racial trait replaces light sensitivity.

@Ben - so are we not using the performance combat rule system/feats? I was looking into those since Turngut can take some of the feats with his Martial Flexibility, plus it would fit with his backstory as a pit fighter. No problem if not, He'll just have to pummel people! lol


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

When I was writing this I tried to find the performance combat rules because I didn't know what they were called. So likely we will use them but I have to read the rules for it first.


Male Orc Brawl4/Barb1|max hp 60|Std AC 19,T 14,FF 15|CMD 23(24 vTrip)|
Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2|Speed 40'|Arcane Fever 0%

@Jon - Apr/May and also GenCon!?! Sounds like we need to prep a whole day SoaO play session for both times!! If Ben can have it ready, of course. :)

Grand Lodge

15 HP 38/ AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 43 HP43 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

Apr may is like 99% definitely. Gencon is still up in the air. We could try the Skype thing sometime. Time change makes it dicey.


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 6/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Hey Jon -- Apr/May is the whole family coming back or just you?


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

That will be fun to play in person for sure. And very much looking forward to seeing you Jon and the family if they also come down.

Is anyone else joining the tournament?

Silver Crusade

Female Human Warpriest 4/ Fighter 1| 39/39 HP | AC 22/20 | FF 19 | T 10| CMB +5 | CMD 17 | Initiative +6 | Fort +7 Reflex +1 Will +7 | Perception +4 | Speed 30(20) | Arcane Fever 0% [b][/b]

No for me.


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

As no one else from the party signs up for the tournament MacGuire, Turngut, and I assume Poppo would come with Turngut are lead to a large tent. Many people are gathered within the first competitor you spot is a dwarf down a tankard of ale. A red mow hawk and beard he briefly glances at you as you enter. He wears hardly any armor and at his side are two dwarven battleaxes. Played by James Nesbit

The next competitor you see is man wearing strange armor, armor you would not likely see in any place other than the Skaragg Islands. His helmet adorned with horns which barely covers up his heavily scared face. And he holds a round shield as well as a boarding axe. Played by Pilou Asbæk

An elf with a red bandanna covers what was once an eye that is now gone. A jagged scar goes from the former eye all the way down to his mouth. But despite the malformations on the right side of his face the left has all the grace that most elves have. A traditional elven composite elven longbow and elven curve played are attached to his back. Played by Orlando Bloom

The next figure hardly appears to be any sort of fighter. His armor fits loosely and is rusted. The kettle helmet he wears is old and battered and the short sword he wields is hardly in the condition for a fight. However he has a certain look of blind determination in his eyes. Played by Michael Cera

Compared to the weak looking figure before this next figure is huge. A large light green skinned orc towers over most of the tournaments participants. A grey wolf hide is draped over one of his muscular shoulders. And as Turngut enters he gives a stern glance to orc before giving him a nod. Played by Conan Stevens

A young yet but tough looking man in an gambeson sits contemplating upon a bench. Though he can't be more than twenty five he looks as though he has fought in several wars. He wears the symbol of a three white lilies on a blue plane a coat of arms you recognize as being Nehrimese. Played by Gustaf Skarsgård

Almost sneering at the young man with the lilies coat of arms is a fat old soldier wearing thick plate armor with red clothing underneath. His scruffy mustache is parted partially by a noticeable hair lip. The man's dark hair is significantly balding and he spits at the sight of everyone in the tent. Played by John Goodman

Dressed in armor befitting of a paladin of Malphas is man who looks more like a brigand. A cigarette in his mouth with dark brown graying hair. Based on the symbol emblazoned upon his armor you gather that he is an important member of Holy Order. Played by Rory McCann

What in the hell's have we got here? the last figure questions as you enter. Thin but fit with three scars on the right side of his face. His face are a strange yellow and he has an unkempt brown beard. His armor is light and upon his back are tow bastard swords. Little Mac he says laughing Surprised your not dead. You can now tell by getting a good look at him that this man has a strong resemblance to Pearson. Played by Nick Kroll

Oi Lambert no surprise your here MacGuire responds.

Of course not he gives a quick glance to Poppo and Turngut then ignores them So is my fat big brother here too? Who's the stupid little half man and the neanderthal?


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

Bobie and Nalia what are you guys doing?


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 6/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Poppo looks around at the assembled contestants and feels this will be a tough competition, but he has a lot of faith in Turngut's abilities.

As they meet Lambert, Poppo replies, Yeah your fat big brother is here, and the stupid little half man is Poppo Hedgehopper, the neanderthal is Turngut. You can call me Mr. Hedgehopper or maybe Mr. stupid little man, if you prefer. And it's hard to tell if Poppo is joking around or actually offended.


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 33/ PC Affects (None)

The little bugger has a mouth on him he makes himself as tall as possible looking down at Poppo then going eye to eye with Turngut What kind of stupid name is Turngut? he asks with a sneer I know your kind green skin! Murderers, thieves, kidnappers you're all the same. We should've just slaughtered you all when you were easy pickings in Kile. He once again looks at Poppo And your entire race belongs in a prison dirty little sneak thieves! He then addresses both MacGuire and Turngut I look forward to both of you being squashed in this tourney. With that Lambert strolls away from the group with an arrogant laugh as he goes.

You know he can on occasion actually be pleasant MacGuire says genuinely Him and Pearson had a really tough upbringing. he looks around at the competition Well might as well get to know some of the other contestants before hand could learn some stuff about them.

2,451 to 2,500 of 2,726 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pathfinder: Shards of an Order PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.