Fragments of the First

Game Master Simeon


851 to 900 of 1,024 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16 /16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 18 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Krizen will remind the others to retrieve their weapons if anyone else dropped them. Otherwise, good to move forward!


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

Bravo goes to retrieve his gun and the makeshift grenade.

"Might as well fry this place as we leave to make sure no fragments of Unity's code are lurking in defunct systems."


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

The cleaning robots scatter at the party comes out of the Inquisitor’s chambers. Working together, Bravo and Krizen are able to brick many of the computers, either through hacking, or explosives if that fails.

The facility is abandoned, well and truly. Only dust is left to fill the halls.

The party heads back for the Pipe Dream. The streets of Nightarch are as chaotic as ever, perhaps even more so compared to the desolate emptiness of most of Apostae’s surface. The ship sits at the docks, in all of its aging, chrome glory.

For those unfamiliar, the Pipe Dream is the party’s ship, a somewhat badly out-of-date Starglide light freighter.


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16 /16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 18 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

"We've been planetside long enough - especially for this planet. Unless there's a good reason to stick around, we ought to get moving and head for the Society to turn over our data chip." Krizen is ready to be off this planet and it's terrible cities and bars, and get back to somewhere more civilized - or at least with a finer veneer of civilization.


Male SRO Mystic (Solar Disciple) 2 | SP: 4/14; HP: 9/9; RP: 5/5 | EAC: 17; KAC: 19; CMAC 27 | Fort: +1, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Init: +1 | Perception: +12; Darkvision | 1st: 1/5

"Let's blow this joint." the SRO agreed. "Room for one more?" He had no way off the planet personally, as he had taken a transport ship out here and would be unlikely to secure passage so quickly.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Lexie, the ship’s onboard AI, greets the party as they come in, ”Greetings Starfinders. Glad to have you back onboard. Based on your return, you’ve succeeded at your mission.”

The ship takes off. The ride is smooth, with the exception of the clacking noise that Krizen has still been unable to find, much less repair. It seems as if the Pipe Dream will conceal some mysteries.

The ship comes into view of Absalom Station, flying through the Armada to land at the Starfinder docks.

Just as they land, a comm pings onto Bravo and Krizen’s commlinks, ”Jatembe Park. 3 pm. Meet me there. -An old friend.”

It’s about 1 when the ship docks.

It seems that someone wants to get in touch with the party.


Male SRO Mystic (Solar Disciple) 2 | SP: 4/14; HP: 9/9; RP: 5/5 | EAC: 17; KAC: 19; CMAC 27 | Fort: +1, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Init: +1 | Perception: +12; Darkvision | 1st: 1/5

"To whom did he see upon laying his eyes upon his savior, who braved the wind, the tide, and the blood to reach out to him at the bottom of Marvelo's Ditch? It was the humble thief who's life he did spare, the same hand that he once threatened to remove by sword for his crimes. / PASSAGE 211 - PAGE 171 - "THE BIRTH OF TRUTH AND LIGHT".

Soundbyte finished recounting aloud within the Pipe Dream's AI core room, using the same words his pasture once used for him. He had two hundred and thirty six different audio books in a variety of languages he lacks the complete reference files to understand, but it was the one he recorded himself as he sat dutifully in his temple every day that he favored above all else. It brought him peace to spend an amount of time every day replaying those sermons, and it was his wish that his priest's soothing tenor would bring the souls of others peace in turn.

The SRO closed his physical copy of the book, it's pages well worn and loved after many years of dutiful service. His internal network connection had just informed him that the docking procedures were underway, which meant it was time to meat up with their Society representative and report their mission's success.

"Peace be with you," Came his priest's voice, bidding farewell to the AI as he was leaving. Time to find the crew of the ship who graciously allowed him passage.


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16 /16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 18 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Krizen reads the message on his commlink, and looks over towards Bravo. "Sounds like there might be something for us to follow up on... Not sure I want to head into a situation like that without backup. Are you thinking of going?"

Whether Bravo wants to go or not, Krizen's curious nature has him trying to figure out who it might be. He decides that he is going to go, and hopes that he lives to regret the decision, should it be a regrettable decision.


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2
GM Coyote wrote:

Lexie, the ship’s onboard AI, greets the party as they come in, ”Greetings Starfinders. Glad to have you back onboard. Based on your return, you’ve succeeded at your mission.”

The ship takes off. The ride is smooth, with the exception of the clacking noise that Krizen has still been unable to find, much less repair. It seems as if the Pipe Dream will conceal some mysteries.

"Succeeded indeed, Lexie, though it was a helluva lot more trouble than we expected. Let's get off this rock sooner rather than later."

Quote:

The ship comes into view of Absalom Station, flying through the Armada to land at the Starfinder docks.

Just as they land, a comm pings onto Bravo and Krizen’s commlinks, ”Jatembe Park. 3 pm. Meet me there. -An old friend.”

It’s about 1 when the ship docks.

It seems that someone wants to get in touch with the party.

When they receive the message, Bravo raises an eyebrow, letting the others say their piece before offering his thoughts.

Soundbyte of Sunlight wrote:

"To whom did he see upon laying his eyes upon his savior, who braved the wind, the tide, and the blood to reach out to him at the bottom of Marvelo's Ditch? It was the humble thief who's life he did spare, the same hand that he once threatened to remove by sword for his crimes. / PASSAGE 211 - PAGE 171 - "THE BIRTH OF TRUTH AND LIGHT".

Soundbyte finished recounting aloud within the Pipe Dream's AI core room, using the same words his pasture once used for him. He had two hundred and thirty six different audio books in a variety of languages he lacks the complete reference files to understand, but it was the one he recorded himself as he sat dutifully in his temple every day that he favored above all else. It brought him peace to spend an amount of time every day replaying those sermons, and it was his wish that his priest's soothing tenor would bring the souls of others peace in turn.

The SRO closed his physical copy of the book, it's pages well worn and loved after many years of dutiful service. His internal network connection had just informed him that the docking procedures were underway, which meant it was time to meat up with their Society representative and report their mission's success.

"Peace be with you," Came his priest's voice, bidding farewell to the AI as he was leaving. Time to find the crew of the ship who graciously allowed him passage.

During the trip, Bravo listens as Soundbyte prays.

"That's a nice-sounding passage, Soundbyte" he says. "I gotta admit, haven't really met many praying synthetics...Your praying sounds a lot more...I dunno, genuine? The robots we encountered before we met you, the ones with Ilyania, they were just repeating, like a looping program, not actual faith. Didn't get a chance to get to know you much while we were running around Apostae...sorry."

Krizen Longfur wrote:

Krizen reads the message on his commlink, and looks over towards Bravo. "Sounds like there might be something for us to follow up on... Not sure I want to head into a situation like that without backup. Are you thinking of going?"

Whether Bravo wants to go or not, Krizen's curious nature has him trying to figure out who it might be. He decides that he is going to go, and hopes that he lives to regret the decision, should it be a regrettable decision.

"I'd say first thing we need to do is drop this crystal chip burnin' a hole in our pockets off at the Lorespire Complex so it can be properly secured before meeting our mystery-person," he says. "We've already been chasing this damn thing around one planet, I don't wanna chase it around Absalom Station too."

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Human Pilgrim Solarion | SP 15 HP 18| RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Nalun responds to Bravo

Indeed Master Vizetelly. Let us be rid of this thing. Its Cycle is cursed. I will attend to my order, but contact me should the need arise. I will be in the park for the meeting if you wish it, my own Cycle I feel brings me back into your orbit.

Nalun leaves to speak with the Master of his order.


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16 /16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 18 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Krizen flicks his ears back at Bravo's reminder that they still have the cursed crystal chip. "Aye, that's a good point that I had forgotten about. I only hope we are able to get free of any long-winded Starfinders in time for the meeting. Still, it will be good not to go alone."

Turning to the rest of the group, Krizen says: "Shall we make our way to the Starfinders?"


Male SRO Mystic (Solar Disciple) 2 | SP: 4/14; HP: 9/9; RP: 5/5 | EAC: 17; KAC: 19; CMAC 27 | Fort: +1, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Init: +1 | Perception: +12; Darkvision | 1st: 1/5
Bonar "Bravo" Vizetelly wrote:

During the trip, Bravo listens as Soundbyte prays.

"That's a nice-sounding passage, Soundbyte" he says. "I gotta admit, haven't really met many praying synthetics...Your praying sounds a lot more...I dunno, genuine? The robots we encountered before we met you, the ones with Ilyania, they were just repeating, like a looping program, not actual faith. Didn't get a chance to get to know you much while we were running around Apostae...sorry."

"Anyone can pray. It is only those who listen in return, that one may call them faithful. /Those Heretics /did not listen. /They would only prayed out of /want/desire/anger/ignorance/fear. /May the Lady of the Graves have pity on their souls/ for their /false god /shall not."

Though you can see the SRO staring off into a blank metal-plated wall, you get the sense that he's seeing something hidden from view, gazing through as if there was no wall between him and whatever captivated him. As if no mater where he was in the galaxy, he could still confidently point himself towards Her Star.

The truth of course is that he's merely reading the astrological data of the star-system after patching himself into the local networks, but there was something less mystical sounding that way.

He again turned to the human. "Fear not the time we've lost in ignorance / we have forever and a day./ I look forward to working with and learning from you,/ Bravo."

Soundbyte tapped his staff on the ground, ready to follow the group to wherever they wished to go first.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

The party heads for the Lorespire complex. The elf dressed in the Eoxian gothic style at the reception desk greets them as they come in, directing them to one of the sublevels.

The elevator descends into the bowels of the complex, and they walk out into a large chamber. Automated turrets briefly scan the party, their target identifiers flashing green. It seems the party is good to proceed.

They pass by more esoteric defenses as well. Elaborate wire lattices with gems woven into them. A network of shifting blue and red hexagons. Something that can only be described as an intangible wall of energy that gives one the feeling of biting rock-crete as they walk through. This is especially distressing to Soundbyte, as he lacks teeth that could’ve felt that.

The party finds Historia sitting at a large console, a port with the first data crystal plugged into it. The screen is covered with a complex array of datasets and info-scrolls.

She smiles as the party comes in, ”Starfinders! You’ve arrived. Excellent. I trust you’ve completed your mission.”


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16 /16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 18 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Krizen nods his head. "Not without some complications, as you are aware. But we do have the second fragment of the crystal. I did not expect there to be more than one... Do we have any idea how many there might be in total?"


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Historia nods, "We aren't exactly sure, though this current data chip seemed to be somewhat degraded. It contained a vast amount of junk coordinates, of which we've been able to isolate about a dozen that could even exist. This fragment is included with that number. I'm on the verge of locating the next chip, though it will take me a bit more time. It will be by tomorrow at the latest. In the meantime, there's the matter of your payment. The Society accountants will transfer 1500 credits to each of you."


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Bumping a bit.


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16 /16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 18 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

"Thank you for the credits. We will be ready when you have a new set of coordinates for us to travel to. Is there anything else you currently require from us? We do have some other appointments while we are on station, so we won't keep you from your work unless necessary." Krizen's ears perked when Historia mentioned that there might be a dozen or more coordinates to find, and when they determine that it will be some hours before the next coordinates can be deciphered his ears drop back down to rest.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

”No, not currently. I will notify you when your briefing is ready.”


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

"Thank you, ma'am," Bravo replies with a salute. "My comm's always open for the next mission."

"Also, make sure no one with cybernetic augments or datajacks handles that thing without some kind of protection. The person we had to track down and retrieve it from apparently plugged it into her cyber-arm, and that allowed the entity to influence her meat-brain."

When they complete the debriefing, he turns to the others.

"So, Jatembe Park?"

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Human Pilgrim Solarion | SP 15 HP 18| RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Nalun bows to Historia

I will meet you all at the park shortly. My order requires me to check in once I've arrived here at Absalom Station


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

"Okay, Nalun. You know how to reach us."


Male SRO Mystic (Solar Disciple) 2 | SP: 4/14; HP: 9/9; RP: 5/5 | EAC: 17; KAC: 19; CMAC 27 | Fort: +1, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Init: +1 | Perception: +12; Darkvision | 1st: 1/5

Soundbyte takes the credstick, pleased to finally afford a trip to the solar-panel farm for a luxury recharge if he so desired. Such material pleasures were a nice reward after a grueling mission sometimes, no different then a priest of any other faith visiting the bar for a drink. So long as one did not consume to excess and knew their limits, there was no harm upon one's soul.

"Got nowhere to be." He piped up, voicing his desire to tag along with Bravo and Krizen to their meetup spot.


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16 /16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 18 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Krizen grins at Bonar and Soundbyte. "Sounds like it's time to go meet our mysterious "friend" then. Shall we?"

Krizen wants to spend some of the new creds before they leave station, but there's a definite time limit on the stranger's meeting; a new gun can wait until after that has been resolved.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

The party leaves Lorespire without any issues, taking the station metro system over to Jatembe Park. Though accosted by a drunk vesk who mistook Bravo for the man who’d been cheating with his boyfriend, the trip is uneventful.

It’s about a ten minute walk to the location that the message detailed, to a bench next to a small pond. Sitting on the bench is a small, brightly colored SRO, a golden Jolly Roger emblazoned on it’s shoulder.


SRO Ghost Operative (2) | SP 14/14 HP 14/14 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F+1; R+7; W+3 | Init +5 Perc +6 (darkvision)
Attack Rolls:
[dice=Trick Attack (DC 20+CR)]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Attack (Pistol)]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice] [dice=Trick Attack Dmg]1d4[/dice]

Probably before you see the SRO on the bench, you hear him through the foliage and crowd. A gods-awful racket that is only loosely tied to a harmony.

"Oooooooooh, what do you do with a drunkin' pirate?
What do you do with a drunkin' pirate? 
What do you do with a drunkin' pirate?
...eaaaaaaarly in the mornin'?

Wwwwwwwwhy, you....

Put 'im in the airlock 'til he's sober,
Put 'im in the airlock 'til he's sober,
 Put 'im in the airlock 'til he's sober 
eaaaaaaarly in the mornin'..."

There, sitting on the bench, is a rather diminutive robot, about the size of dwarf or halfling. While a backpack rests next to it on the bench, apparently stuffed with all manner of odds and ends, the robot itself -- once festooned with operable and inoperable weaponry -- appears to be essentially unarmed but for a pair of smoke grenades. Its armor is painted a garish range of colors, with a golden Jolly Roger emblazoned on one shoulder while the symbol of the Starfinder Society is on the other.

As the song comes to an end, the robot suddenly glances about the park, the iris of its ocular sensor closing to leave only a pinprick of light as it warily gazes about its environment, then mutters, "Not that this one knows any pirates..."

Like a wino with a bottle, it surreptitiously lifts a tube of lubricant to its head, seems to take a sip, then sees you coming around a bend. When it sees Bonar and Krizen, it emits a metallic squueeeeeeeee, grabs its backpack as it jumps up in a surprisingly smooth and fluid motion, then quickly closes the gap with the others.

”Surprisingly Effective Poster Boy! Large Feline named Krizen! This one is very pleased to see you are both still functioning and free of legal entanglements...” It pauses and peers at Bonar, ”You are still free of such meddlesome constraints, yes?”


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

"S.E.T.!" Bravo exclaims when he recognizes their mystery contact. "Uh, yeah, you could say that. Not like I reenlisted or anything."

He turns to Soundbyte.

"Soundbyte, this is S.E.T., they were part of our initial expedition that discovered Unity. S.E.T., meet Soundbyte of Sunlight. He's with the Society too. Historia sent him to help us on Apostae while we were chasing down another one of those artifacts."


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16 /16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 18 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

"Can it be? Oh Captain, my Captain! How good to see you again. And it appears you are yourself free of some of those constraints you were asking about! I was slightly concerned, to no end it appears." Krizen smiles widely at the robot, and throws a wink in at the end of his comment. "Have you come to reclaim your position? It still stands vacant, you know."


SRO Ghost Operative (2) | SP 14/14 HP 14/14 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F+1; R+7; W+3 | Init +5 Perc +6 (darkvision)
Attack Rolls:
[dice=Trick Attack (DC 20+CR)]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Attack (Pistol)]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice] [dice=Trick Attack Dmg]1d4[/dice]

The SRO has nothing with which to imitate a "smile" but from its animated gestures and excited tone, it clearly seems to be in a good mood. "The captain's position is one that is always subject to vote while in port; there is nothing to reclaim. But if this one can rejoin you, in any capacity, it would be most pleased. And if this trend continues, perhaps this one should change its designation to Combat Coordination Assistance Technician, or CAT." Its ocular sensor glows bright orange at its 'joke'.

"Regardless, this one is a completely innocent robotic organism and at no point has done anything of questionable legality. Why, this one isn't even armed!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Always over-selling his innocence, it's not hard to figure out Set is lying through the mesh of his vocal modulator's speaker, though where he might be keeping the putatively non-existent weaponry is more of a mystery.

It then looks at Soundbyte and holds out its hands to shake the other SRO's appendages in a simulacrum of the bipeds' greeting customs. "Oh marvelous! You're sentient, too, yes? This one would love to speak with you about self-modification of internal circuitry." It pauses, the iris of its oculus spiraling shut then opening slightly, "You're not programmed for protocol and etiquette, are you?"


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

Bravo folds his arms and nods, a neutral expression on his face.

"If you want to rejoin, we'd be happy to have you aboard. How much of what we've been up to after we parted ways do you already know? How much do we have to fill in for you?"


SRO Ghost Operative (2) | SP 14/14 HP 14/14 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F+1; R+7; W+3 | Init +5 Perc +6 (darkvision)
Attack Rolls:
[dice=Trick Attack (DC 20+CR)]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Attack (Pistol)]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice] [dice=Trick Attack Dmg]1d4[/dice]

Still looking at Soundbyte, Set raises one hand between its vocal modulator and Bonar, then in a stage-whisper intones, ”The human thinks I have anti-protocol and etiquette bias...” He lowers the arm, then asks again, ”But seriously... you’re not, are you?”

Then to Bonar, the iris closes to a pinprick of purple light, then slowly rotates a bit wider. In a lower, more serious voice, it says, ”While looking into reports of Lucky Jake’s whereabouts, this one may have...wholly inadvertently and without intent...hacked certain secure systems and discovered some classified reports on what has been happening. Purely on accident. This one did not have the requisite mens rea to commit a felony, this one swears.”

It stares at Bonar passively, a diminutive, unarmed robot... staring... ”Um... yes, I’m fully briefed.”


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

"Lucky Jake must've been on Apostae, then," Bravo comments. "Don't know if we ran into him ourselves, but we weren't really concerned with any name except Ilyania."


SRO Ghost Operative (2) | SP 14/14 HP 14/14 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F+1; R+7; W+3 | Init +5 Perc +6 (darkvision)
Attack Rolls:
[dice=Trick Attack (DC 20+CR)]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Attack (Pistol)]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice] [dice=Trick Attack Dmg]1d4[/dice]

S.E.T. stares at Bonar for a moment, seemingly processing this information and how to respond. ”After pursing multiple avenues of research, this one has concluded Lucky Jake is not on Apostae. On the other hand, if you are going to be playing with dangerous sentient AI, I should probably be with you.”


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16 /16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 18 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Krizen snorts at SETs description. "Trust me, we were not "playing". I would like to avoid any further outbursts or manifestations of ancient sentience bent on destruction and conquest..."

He twitches his ears back and shivers, fur all across his body rolling down in a wave. "I think I need to go purchase a few more items before we go after the next fragment... Heh. Playing."

If no one objects, Krizen will make his way to the stores on station and see about spending some of his credits. I need to actually get the list together, but possibly an upgraded weapon and changing my crunch from exocortex to experimental armor.


Male SRO Mystic (Solar Disciple) 2 | SP: 4/14; HP: 9/9; RP: 5/5 | EAC: 17; KAC: 19; CMAC 27 | Fort: +1, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Init: +1 | Perception: +12; Darkvision | 1st: 1/5

Soundbyte blinked his optics, taking in the fellow machine before him. It was only a few days ago that he'd last seen one, of course, but this individual seemed much more amiable to their presence.

"I listen to the words of Sarenrae." He chose to reply, taking a quick look at his stock of audio clips, before playing and mixing several. "Protocol dictates / you must follow your heart, child. /Who am I to judge?"

He does eventually take hold of the offered hand and return the gesture with the optimum amount of force for a new acquaintance. And when he does, a flash of information much more sensible for machines like them transpires.

Spoiler:
'Initiate handshake, establishing contact. Unit registry - "SOUNDBYTE". This unit bids you greetings and salutations from the planet @13><333<@!??/-- Error, data corruption in Greeting.Aud detected. Continue? Y. Overriding... ...It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance unit S.E.T., this one looks forward to our continued dealings and interactions. Please forgive my vocal mannerisms.'

The data link cuts off once he lets go of their hand. He tilts his head to Krizen, "I do so love to shop! Mind if I tag along girlfriend?"


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Anyone who wants to make a purchase, put up a list. I’ll assume that anything is available for purchase. It is Absalom Station after all.


SRO Ghost Operative (2) | SP 14/14 HP 14/14 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F+1; R+7; W+3 | Init +5 Perc +6 (darkvision)
Attack Rolls:
[dice=Trick Attack (DC 20+CR)]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Attack (Pistol)]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice] [dice=Trick Attack Dmg]1d4[/dice]

Set twitches slightly as it dialogues with Soundbyte, his oculus opening wide and glowing a bright yellow before it exclaims, "Oh! That's marvelous! You must teach this one how to do that. This one woke up somewhat -- lobotomized, to borrow an organic expression. And Sarenrae? Like a priest? Interesting. This one would very much like to examine your circuits at some point." It looks back at Bravo and Krizen, "If you have no objection, this one will accompany you. The Steward-agent-pretending-to-not-be-a-Steward-agent is very effective but this one thinks you'll need additional combat support... Not that this one is armed and dangerous."


Male SRO Mystic (Solar Disciple) 2 | SP: 4/14; HP: 9/9; RP: 5/5 | EAC: 17; KAC: 19; CMAC 27 | Fort: +1, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Init: +1 | Perception: +12; Darkvision | 1st: 1/5

"Go now in the faith of our Goddess, Soundbyte of Sunlight." He replays, from the first time he left his temple. "I'm an open book / if you have any questions please please visit our website at/ when we have time to spare."

It'd be fascinating to have a more in depth discussion after they were finished resupplying. Perhaps he'd even convince this other SRO to acknowledge the beautiful of Her light most holy.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Any shopping before I move us along?


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

"S.E.T., I'm a military man, not a cop," Bravo deadpans.

Shopping is good! We just have the 1,500 Historia gave us, right? I don't think we encountered any real "loot."


SRO Ghost Operative (2) | SP 14/14 HP 14/14 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F+1; R+7; W+3 | Init +5 Perc +6 (darkvision)
Attack Rolls:
[dice=Trick Attack (DC 20+CR)]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Attack (Pistol)]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice] [dice=Trick Attack Dmg]1d4[/dice]

Set seems to ignore Bravo’s comment as it says to Soundbyte in another stage whisper, ”His records are very well hidden. This one couldn’t find any payroll slips indicating employment by the Stewards, nor personnel records with the Stewards, but that’s exactly what you’d expect from a deep cover operative. Still; he seems trustworthy. This one is beginning to suspect his primary assignment is saving the galaxy from dangerous artificial organisms rather than entrapment of innocent pieeeee-rivateers.”

It trundles along, gamely keeping pace with the taller bipeds. ”Fortunately, this one is completely harmless and not at all dangerous. It says so on the property intake forms when this one was impounded.”


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Yes, you’ve got the 1500 plus any other money you’ve got.

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Human Pilgrim Solarion | SP 15 HP 18| RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Nalun sends a message to Bravo and the others

Team. I have briefed the head of my order and I was instructed to request a berth on the Pipe Dream. The Order of Cosmological Constant has an interest in this potential deity. The Balance is reflected in both the stars and metaphysical realms. This may alter the Cycle.


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16 /16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 18 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Krizen takes a short walk through some of the fancier weapons shops, eyeing the displays wistfully. He pats his pistol, and mumbles to himself "This will do for now." Then he brightens noticeably upon seeing an accessories store: "But I can upgrade this, yes!

The augmentation clinics are much more affordable, and after several hours Krizen has a few "upgrades". Upon seeing Soundbyte and SET after his clinics, he uses his new augment to say hello. "This should assist in conversing without drawing attention. And I'm not letting anyone near my fur again; I can the change the color myself now!"

Purchased items: Morphic Skin, Level 1: 370; Pressurized Lungs, Level 1: 130; Technopathy Node, Level 1: 220 Also some more cable - 100' for 50 creds, and a Called fusion for the pisol - 120.


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2
Nalun Farksser wrote:

Nalun sends a message to Bravo and the others

Team. I have briefed the head of my order and I was instructed to request a berth on the Pipe Dream. The Order of Cosmological Constant has an interest in this potential deity. The Balance is reflected in both the stars and metaphysical realms. This may alter the Cycle.

"I'm not even going to pretend I understood half of that, Nalun, but we appreciate your swordsmanship," Bravo replies. "This here's S.E.T., a fellow Starfinder who was part of our group when we discovered Unity. S.E.T., this is Nalun, a Solarian who also joined up with us on Apostae."

He allows the two to get acquainted.


SRO Ghost Operative (2) | SP 14/14 HP 14/14 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F+1; R+7; W+3 | Init +5 Perc +6 (darkvision)
Attack Rolls:
[dice=Trick Attack (DC 20+CR)]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Attack (Pistol)]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice] [dice=Trick Attack Dmg]1d4[/dice]

Set’s oculus spirals wide open, glowing a bright orange as it stares in shock at Krizen before exclaiming, ”That’s marvelous! Organics are evolving! Soundbyte, do you see this!? How do you do that? Can this one do that? How does this one do that?” It leans in close to examine Krizen in curiosity when Bravo introduces him to Nalun, and it’s affect completely shifts.

”Ah, the warriors that manipulate stellar matter. We had one on Lucky Jake’s crew.” It stares at Nalun a moment then adds, ”Please refrain from incinerating this one when you explode... It causes the paint to peel.”

A moment later, it adds for Nalun’s benefit as well as Soundbyte’s, ”As Krizen and Bonar “Not an Agent” Vizetelly seem to trust you, this one will share a secret. This one actually is armed, is very good at hiding, slicing, infiltrating, piloting, shooting and enhancing security through the neutralization of organic and inorganic threats. The one thing this one is not particularly good at is motivational speech... but somehow wound up as ‘captain’ during our previous voyage together. This one’s background is completely innocent and free of legally questionable events such as disabling and boarding of Ringward Galactic Interstellar freighters that were loaded with weapons and UPBs, so please don’t ask.” It glances furtively at Bravo then back again at the others.


Male SRO Mystic (Solar Disciple) 2 | SP: 4/14; HP: 9/9; RP: 5/5 | EAC: 17; KAC: 19; CMAC 27 | Fort: +1, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Init: +1 | Perception: +12; Darkvision | 1st: 1/5

He followed them largely in quiet, replaying a few appropriate audio clips here and there in response to things they were saying. He was more happy to observe then actively participate, if only because his vocal disability made it difficult to keep up at times.

The more SET denied having done anything nefarious in the past, the more Soundbyte had his doubts. Not that it actually mattered, it was a core teaching of his Goddess that the past may always be washed away as a soul finds atonement. So far he hasn't seen him act particularly criminal, and there were plenty of thieves who have turned their dexterous gift to more noble ends.

There was no need to announce his disbelief however, that may only lead his fellow SRO to distrust his intentions. Krizen's new cybernetic enhancement was of interest as well. "Registering "KRIZEN LONGFUR" in contact registry... Registration complete. /You've got my number /communication is the key to victory/ don't be a stranger!"

The explanation of what SET was capable of only continue to bring light to his suspicions, but there was nothing overtly bad about what he was capable of... So long as it was put towards beneficial ends. "Put your faith upon me and I shall lend you my guidance, my nurturing light /and if all else fails, let's utterly mindscramble the competition!"

It would be a lie to day he didn't enjoy taking the android down as he did. The nurturing of one's soul did wonders to latent pyschokinetic abilities one may posses.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

The party spends the rest of the day shopping. The night passes without incidents and in the morning the group wakes up to a ping from Historia-7, telling them to come to the Lorespire complex as soon as possible.

They meet Historia in her office, and she launches right into the briefing, ”We have located another data chip out in the Vast. 89% of the surface of VW-248A-U is liquid water, with the remaining 4% occupied by small polar ice caps and 7% by tropical and occasional temperate atolls and archipelagos. There are readings that correlate with archaic sentient life, likely aquatic. The exact nature of said life is unknown to us, but scans from...”

Historia-7 furrows her eyebrows as she squints at a datapoint and says, ”87 years ago correlate with our the coordinates we’ve gathered indicate that it is located in the rough vicinity of a major archipelago. That said, you will likely have to explore on your own to find the exact location.”

She pauses to turn her computer screen towards the party to reveal an image of a sleek, carlike vehicle, ”The Society has allocated the resources to send you into the field with this, a Starfinder Transit and Exploration Vehicle.” She sighs and continues, ”Or to many of our agents, STEVE. In any case, the vehicle can handle terrestrial and aquatic environments, able to climb up to a 79 degree grade, along with submersible capabilities. While we are forced to send you in mostly blind, we will make sure you are well prepared. Now, any questions?”


Male SRO Mystic (Solar Disciple) 2 | SP: 4/14; HP: 9/9; RP: 5/5 | EAC: 17; KAC: 19; CMAC 27 | Fort: +1, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Init: +1 | Perception: +12; Darkvision | 1st: 1/5

"Water. Most of the planet is covered with it." He mused, cupping a hand to his equivalent of a chin. "Steeeeeve. /A most mighty vessel indeed."

Soundbyte focosed his gaze back onto Historia, "Are they intelligent /they have colonies all over the place!" It just wouldn't do to disturb a primitive society unjustly, if they happened to be living on the island they neded to investigate.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

”We are fairly certain that they are intelligent. The near-total lack of terrestrial structures suggests they are aquatic, making scans difficult. I trust you will follow Society first contact protocols, and do whatever you can do ingratiate yourselves with them.”


SRO Ghost Operative (2) | SP 14/14 HP 14/14 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F+1; R+7; W+3 | Init +5 Perc +6 (darkvision)
Attack Rolls:
[dice=Trick Attack (DC 20+CR)]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Attack (Pistol)]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice] [dice=Trick Attack Dmg]1d4[/dice]

Set can't quite repress a disappointed electronic whine akin to a sigh. "Archaic culture. Likely lacking significant booty. Hopefully there will be some with the chip." Shrugging, it says, "From your description, this one wishes to confirm they do not have space or drift travel capabilities. Primitive culture, hopefully without sufficient electronic infrastructure to present as a host for the Unity entity."

The SRO has nothing else to add or inquire about.

851 to 900 of 1,024 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fragments of the First: A Homebrew Starfinder Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.