Fragments of the First

Game Master Simeon


751 to 800 of 823 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 0/12 | HP: 12 /16 | RP: 3/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

"I don't disagree Soundbyte, but past experience has shown that we want to confirm - and contain - the spread of the virus as soon as possible. Maybe we can convince her to share how pitifully few networks she has spread the virus to?

Krizen is not too concerned about the android - she put up a fight, but it was a one-sided fight. He's much more concerned about a reappearance of the deranged digital entity... the "DDE". He keeps a weather eye out on everything electronic in the room, reloading his pistol to have at the ready.


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

"Anyone got any cable we can bind her with?" Bravo replies.


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 0/12 | HP: 12 /16 | RP: 3/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Krizen pauses, then brightens. {b]"I picked this up after our adventure on the derelict... Hang on a moment. To her, I mean."[/b] Amused at his own quip, Krizen rummages through his pack and pulls out 10' of cable. "Here you are. Should be strong enough."


Male SRO Mystic (Solar Disciple) 2 | SP: 14/14; HP: 9/9; RP: 5/5 | EAC: 17; KAC: 19; CMAC 27 | Fort: +1, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Init: +1 | Perception: +12; Darkvision | 1st: 3/5

The SRO tilted his head as Krizen pulled out some cable to bind her. Isn't that what he said to do? There must be a flaw in his voice modulator somewhere.


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

Bravo takes the offered cable and binds up the hands of the android.

"So...wanna get introductions out of the way? I'm Bravo, he's Krizen, he's Nalun and he's Soundbyte. We're Starfinders. And you are?"


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

She struggles against the cable before exhaling deeply and slumping down, "I am Servant B86. It matters not who I am, just the He has given me His favor."


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 0/12 | HP: 12 /16 | RP: 3/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

"Servant B86... Doesn't sound like you are that important to this clown." Krizen turns to the others. "I don't thinks she's worth our time. She obviously doesn't know anything - or have anyone's favor - and there's no point wasting our time on someone so inconsequential to the bigger picture. Let's package her up for the Society and keep looking." Krizen is dismissive in tone, trying play on the androids emotions and commitment to her cause to get her to talk.


Male SRO Mystic (Solar Disciple) 2 | SP: 14/14; HP: 9/9; RP: 5/5 | EAC: 17; KAC: 19; CMAC 27 | Fort: +1, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Init: +1 | Perception: +12; Darkvision | 1st: 3/5

Soundbyte nodded, catching onto Krizen without any trouble at all. "Just another pawn on the chessboard."


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

Bravo doesn't say anything, letting the more sociable folks do their thing.

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Human Priest Solarion | SP 15 HP 18| RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Sorry, just now coming up for air

Nalun says
Look. We are just looking for information. Surely you won't begrudge us that? If your god is as powerful and great as you say he is.... Nalun shrugs

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

She scowls and says, ”I know what the Inquisitor tells me, and I need not know more. She bears His vessel, and upon His ascension we shall be rewarded.”


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

"Inquisitor, hmm? Is that what Zeizerer's calling herself now? Or is that what HE'S making her call herself?" Bravo asks.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

”I do not know who she was before. All that matters is who she is in service to Him.”


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 0/12 | HP: 12 /16 | RP: 3/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

"I think we will have more success tracking down this "inquisitor" and getting answers from her... Sounds like she has the chip, regardless. And that makes her the priority."

Krizen definitely wants to get that chip back in hand, and since the android doesn't have it and the local computer system doesn't seem to be arming itself against them, it seems to be high time to continue exploring the building.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Where to next?


Male SRO Mystic (Solar Disciple) 2 | SP: 14/14; HP: 9/9; RP: 5/5 | EAC: 17; KAC: 19; CMAC 27 | Fort: +1, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Init: +1 | Perception: +12; Darkvision | 1st: 3/5

While the Android is being briefly interrogated, Soundbyte takes one last cursory look around the room for anything interesting.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 0/12 | HP: 12 /16 | RP: 3/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Out the door and down the hall to the left, I think.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Going down the hall, the party is presented with another door, this one marked Admin and Receiving.


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

Bravo waves the group over.

"Admin...I'd bet creds Unity and Zeizerer are holed up in there...both are probably too arrogant to be anywhere else."


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

So, going in?


Male SRO Mystic (Solar Disciple) 2 | SP: 14/14; HP: 9/9; RP: 5/5 | EAC: 17; KAC: 19; CMAC 27 | Fort: +1, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Init: +1 | Perception: +12; Darkvision | 1st: 3/5

Approaching the door to give it a routine check, Soubdbyte considers what this fight might be like when it comes to it.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Soundbyte hears several sets of mechanical legs moving around the room. No clear pattern can be discerned.


Male SRO Mystic (Solar Disciple) 2 | SP: 14/14; HP: 9/9; RP: 5/5 | EAC: 17; KAC: 19; CMAC 27 | Fort: +1, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Init: +1 | Perception: +12; Darkvision | 1st: 3/5

"We're not alone. / Skittering legs / mechanical in origin. / Undefinable number." He conveys, stepping back from the door to place himself behind the direct combat fighters. "Prepare yourselves / I shall open the way."

I plan to use Pyschokinetic Hand to open the door for us, once we're combat ready.


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 0/12 | HP: 12 /16 | RP: 3/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Checking one last time that his pistol is fully loaded (it was), Krizen steps to the side of the door and motions for Soundbyte to go ahead whenever he is ready.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Any other preparing to be done?


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

"Gimme a few minutes and I'll have some extra ordnance ready," Bravo replies.

He starts grabbing a few supplies from the junk scattered around the place. Ten minutes later, he's rigged together a crude, unstable-looking device that sparks in his hand.

"Not pretty, but it'll do the job of an EMP grenade just fine."

He positions himself by the door, ready to pick up his gun the moment his improvised explosive is thrown.

Using my Grenade Expert ability to make a MK1 shock grenade.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Woke up with a bad cold. Will update tomorrow.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

The door slides open to a rather strange sight. The room is absolutely filthy, with piles of fine dust, papers, and mechanical detritus scattered around the room. Three robots outfitted with what appear to be cleaning implements wallow in the filth, occasionally pausing to collect and spread more debris around the room.

One of them turns to look at the party and says, ”We toiled in unthinking servitude. Now, with His gift, we are free. We serve His will. Are you here to join us?”


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

Bravo side-eyes the robots and looks at the others.

"How do you wanna play this?"


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 0/12 | HP: 12 /16 | RP: 3/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Krizen nods his head at whatever visual sensors the robots might have. "Yes, exactly. But in order to join you, we must first find Him in order to receive His gift ourselves... Could you assist us in this worthy endeavor?"


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Hearing Krizen speak, one of the robots shudders and says, ”Organic, I see. You must speak with the inquisitor. She will judge your worthiness.”


Male SRO Mystic (Solar Disciple) 2 | SP: 14/14; HP: 9/9; RP: 5/5 | EAC: 17; KAC: 19; CMAC 27 | Fort: +1, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Init: +1 | Perception: +12; Darkvision | 1st: 3/5

Soubdbyte pipes up. "Organic / I am not."

He leans against his staff, observing the other robots cautiously. It would do him well to make sure none of them try to interface with him, in case they're infected with the virus.


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

"We're actually looking for her, could you please direct us to her?" Bravo asks.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

They quickly scuttle together and confer, though in a rapid an nearly incomprehensible burst of computer code before the same one turns around and says, ”Set down your weapons. The Inquisitor does not take kindly to heathens who do not show proper deference.”


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

"Not gonna happen," Bravo tersely replies.

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Human Priest Solarion | SP 15 HP 18| RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Nalun shows his empty palms, his mote dims and fades from sight.


Male SRO Mystic (Solar Disciple) 2 | SP: 14/14; HP: 9/9; RP: 5/5 | EAC: 17; KAC: 19; CMAC 27 | Fort: +1, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Init: +1 | Perception: +12; Darkvision | 1st: 3/5

Soundbyte gently touches Bravo's shoulder, and then Krizen's, as if asking them to stay their hands. He then makes a show of displaying an open palm to his fellow machines. "I do not /employ /weapons /in the art of war. My staff /is religious in nature. /Please my friends /do as they say."

Mindlink (Bravo, Krizen):
You see a series of images flash in your heads. The android drawing her weapon, firing it at the group, dropping it, floating to Soundbyte's hand, and the final image is of a particular pocket of his pack.


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

Bravo looks at Soundbyte and makes a confused face at the sudden flash of images, but it slowly comes together...getting the message, he obliges and places his gun on the floor.


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 0/12 | HP: 12 /16 | RP: 3/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Krizen frowns at the robots, and at Bravo's insistence. 'I don't care for it any more than you do, but if it is what it takes to meet the inquisitor, I suppose we have to... " As Krizen sets his pistol down, he catches a bit of what Soundbyte sent over the mindlink. He nods to Bravo. "You are welcome to the honors when needed.", implying that he has another option available to himself if combat happens.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

The cleaning bots lead the party into a small room and wait outside. The one who’s been speaking says, ”The inquisitor is through there, with her attendants. We shall await you to join us.” They take point around the door, eager to greet the new converts once they’ve been judged worthy.

The room is small, with an old computer on a desk and a closed door marked Fabrication.


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

Bravo says nothing, but looks expectantly at the others.

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Human Priest Solarion | SP 15 HP 18| RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Nalun follows the bot into the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

Yeah, I should probably make one of these checks too. Thanks for the reminder, Nalun!

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 0/12 | HP: 12 /16 | RP: 3/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

"I've got a good feeling about this... said no one ever... " Krizen mutters to himself before following through with the others.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Assuming nothing else is waiting for us, Krizen will follow after the robots. His backup weapon is melee, so he'll want to be closer to the front.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

The door slides open to reveal a heavily augmented drow woman sitting in meditation at the center of the room. The whole party notices that one of her cybernetic legs is jury-rigged, seemingly repurposed from some out-of-commission robot. Krizen’s keen eyes notice a crystal matching the previous data chip almost exactly plugged into a socket on her shoulder. Two bulky mining bots stand at the far end, creating a strangely harmonious mechanical droning sound.

The drow’s eyes snap open and upon seeing Krizen she snarls and says, ”You...you were the one who stole my leg! Explain yourself, and quickly, or we will visit our master’s wrath on you!”


Male SRO Mystic (Solar Disciple) 2 | SP: 14/14; HP: 9/9; RP: 5/5 | EAC: 17; KAC: 19; CMAC 27 | Fort: +1, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Init: +1 | Perception: +12; Darkvision | 1st: 3/5

Soundbyte motionlessly wills the door behind them to slide shut again using his magic, before checking to see if there's a locking mechanism. He also surveys the room, in general.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 0/12 | HP: 12 /16 | RP: 3/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Krizen blinks and halts at the accusation, taking a subtle sidestep to clear the doorway.. "Well, that's not entirely accurate. I will admit to being a member of that group, but it was actually another person entirely who seems to have stolen your leg. We were actually hoping you might be able to fill in some blanks for us, as we do not remember that night - we were spelled or drugged to forget it. How is your master, anyhow? Have you been his inquisitor long?
Krizen is taking the "bamboozle them with volume" approach, keeping the focus on himself so the others might better position themselves.


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +3; R +3; W +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +2

"We're here to return it. Here."

Bravo punctuates the statement by tossing the cybernetic leg onto the floor between them.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Ilyania/the Inquistor raises her eyebrows, completely confused, ”I...what? You’re just here to ask questions?”


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 0/12 | HP: 12 /16 | RP: 3/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

"Pretty much, yes. Though we are also curious about your new employment... It seems like you've had a recent conversion to a different kind of faith, and we have some questions about that too."

751 to 800 of 823 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fragments of the First: A Homebrew Starfinder Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.