Fragments of the First

Game Master Simeon


551 to 600 of 1,024 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +2; R +3; W +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +1

"I'll have what he's having," Bravo adds. He sniffs it curiously before taking a sip.


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +2; R +3; W +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +1

Bravo raises an eyebrow at Krizen's enthusiasm for this strange milk he's never heard of, and tells the bartender, "Havin' what Fuzzface is havin'."

He accepts the drink and sniffs it curiously before taking a sip.

"You one of those listenin' bartenders?" he asks as he drinks.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

The milk is odd, an acidic fruity taste with some milky undertones.

The bartender nods slightly and says, "Depends on who's talkin', and why."


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +2; R +3; W +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +1

"Been some rumblings down here, boss wanted to know more."


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

"Wanted to know about what?"


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +2; R +3; W +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +1

"About those rumblings. About one of the Big Z's. Do I need to spell it out for you?"


F Half-Elf Operative 1, mystic 1

Elisys, who had been studying the bar and its inhabitants for a moment, sighs in a slightly exasperated fashion and approaches the counter as well. "Still as subtle as a supernova. Come on, pet, you make it sound like we're common thugs without any sense of refinement."

She walks forward and introduces herself to the barman. "Name's Phaendre. Phaendre Starbound. This here is my pet. Forgive him - he is not especially etiqually gifted, but good meatshields are hard to find nowadays. Must be something related to the profession."

She gives the barman a wink and a grin. "But let's talk relevant matters instead. First, kindly hit me up with a glass of something a bit more classy than milk. Second, we're looking for... business opportunities. I'd heard rumors that a member of the esteemed Zeizerer family frequented this bar, and I was hoping to make her acquaintance. If you can help us, we can provide a generous tip, and potentially a favor depending on what comes of it."


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +2; R +3; W +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +1

Bravo makes a petulant noise and returns to drinking his alcoholic milk.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

The bartender gives Elisys a quick glance and nods, "I think I get what you're sayin'."

He then gets a few bottles from behind the counter, filling a glass with crushed ice, and fills it with various liquors and juices. The end result is a deep purple drink with swirling sparkles.

"Can't say I know why you'd want to do business with any of the Zeizerers, but you drow seem to have different priorities. There's quite a few Zeizerers, maybe a few credits would remind me of the one you're talking about?"

I'll need a social check or a bribe. The bartender is currently neutral towards you.


Female Half-elf Operative 1, mystic 1

bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Elisys uses vocal tonality and intriguing mannerisms to entice the idea of a favor, even though she knows she has to be offworld soonish and wouldn't be able to grant this favor even if she was planning on it. If it fails, there's always credits.

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Human Pilgrim Solarion | SP 15 HP 18| RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Nalun coughs slightly as he takes his place at Elisys' left side.

Nalun says to the bartender I believe what he Lady Phaendre he makes a half bow to the "Drow" and says to her with your leave Lady

Once "Phaendre" gives assent going to assume she does

What the Lady means is that we are searching for one of the Zeizerers that have....less than particular tastes when it comes to...ah, procuring items from...less than...optimal...means. Nalun flashes a smile

Ilyania Zeizerer he says to the man with a knowing look

Social Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


F Half-Elf Operative 1, mystic 1

Elisys sighed, doing her very best not to appear too annoyed, and took a deep sip of her drink, after which she simply shook her head once and glanced away from the counter towards the room.

With that outburst, all chance of doing this subtly had just gone out the window; if Ilyania had any spies here then they would now instantly know something was up. She supposed it was her own fault in a way, for not explicitely instructing the rest of the team to not ask about this in a overly direct or suspicious way, even if such a thing should have been obvious. But at least Nalun's smile was good, and maybe the bartender was into that sort of thing.

She decided to just stay silent and see what happened, while observing their immediate surroundings. Was there anyone listening in a bit too eargerly now that Ilyania's name had been suddenly and explicitely dropped?

perception, observe the area for suspicious activity/listeners in, particularly of the Drow kind: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

second perception + medicine, recognize whether her drink is poisoned or not by scent or visuals, before drinking it (poisoned = she pretends to take a sip instead): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

medicine in case it is needed to recognize poison: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Gotta keep your guard up in a drow city!


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

”Ilyania? Poking around in her business is an even worse idea than dealing with the rest of them. I don’t know too much, but last I heard she had been getting into business with some seriously questionable religious organisations.”


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +2; R +3; W +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +1

"What kinda questionable we talkin' here? Questionable by general Pact Worlds standards or questionable even by Apostae standards?" Bravo asks dryly.

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Human Pilgrim Solarion | SP 15 HP 18| RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Does Nalun have any idea what "questionable religious organizations" are active on Apostae?

Nalun thinks a moment on the bartender's response.

Well. I believe my mistress may...have an allied interest with her then. he says


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

”Yaknow, like cults and all that. Obscure demon lords and the like. Heard she was lookin’ to restore her lost limbs.”


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16 /16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 18 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Krizen interjects into the conversation at that point, unable to help himself. Do you mean the originally lost limbs? Or... recently lost limbs, like within the last couple days?

He strives with all his willpower to avoid cracking up in laughter at his own joke.


F Half-Elf Operative 1, mystic 1

Assuming Elisys does not detect someone paying them overly much attention following Ilyania's name being dropped.

"Hah! You have a limb fetish, Shorty?" she asks Krizen, grinning deviously.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

”Recently lost? The Hells are you talking about?”


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +2; R +3; W +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +1

Bravo grunts.

"Maybe we should try another bar, Boss. Looks like the rumors haven't reached here yet."


F Half-Elf Operative 1, mystic 1

Elisys nods. "I suppose you're right, my pet," she admits, somewhat disappointed. "Well, I guess that means our stay here will be a short one. What is the price of the drinks?" she asks the barman.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

"Five creds."

Which bar do you want to go to next?


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +2; R +3; W +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +1

Bravo retrieves his weaponry from the "coat-check" and moves back out into the street, and waits for the others to join him.

"We ready to move on to Yilhane's?"


F Half-Elf Operative 1, mystic 1

Elisys retrieves her gear as well and joins Bravo. "Yeah. Let's go and see what this exile's place is all about. Be ready for anything."

"Oh, and sorry, Bravo and Krizen. I have to be a bit rude to play this mask convincingly."

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Human Pilgrim Solarion | SP 15 HP 18| RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Nalun follows the pair outside. Nalun says to Elisys I believe that it would be more convincing if I pretended to be your spiritual advisor...if Ilyania were truly looking to cults, we could play that angle in your questions. You are a kindred soul, looking for cosmic answers in the forbidden knowledge of less than well regarded theologies.


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16 /16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 18 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Krizen looks mournfully at his half-empty glass of Klagax milk, and then nods to himself. No use wasting such a fine drink! Though it's a shame to not be able to enjoy it properly... He mutters to himself, before tossing back the rest of his drink. He follows the path of the others, reclaiming his weapon from the front booth before exiting.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

The party heads to Yilhane’s, not too far of a walk from where they are now.

It is a bizarre building, made of something resembling the worst aspects of concrete and leather. Circular apertures almost resembling eyes are scattered around the building, though the “panes” are mostly translucent. A button labelled Open sits next to a sphincter-like disruption in the wall.

This might not be pleasant.


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +2; R +3; W +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +1
Elisys, Drow Disguise wrote:

Elisys retrieves her gear as well and joins Bravo. "Yeah. Let's go and see what this exile's place is all about. Be ready for anything."

"Oh, and sorry, Bravo and Krizen. I have to be a bit rude to play this mask convincingly."

"Pfft! If that was your attempt at rude, you should take a few lessons from my old drill sergeant," Bravo comments.

When they arrive at Yilhane's he grimaces.

"Is this building gonna fart in our face or something?"

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Human Pilgrim Solarion | SP 15 HP 18| RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Worse, I'm afraid. It's probably going to eat us...


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +2; R +3; W +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +1

"I didn't wanna be 'that guy' who suggested that," Bravo replies.


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16 /16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 18 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

.... Ugh. Gross. Let's get this done... Krizen is cringing from the walls and surfaces, trying not to touch anything. Including the floor.


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +2; R +3; W +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +1

Bravo takes point, as usual, pressing the Open button.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

The sphincter opens to an equally bizarre sight. Bizarre looking beings sit at table-like growths from the floor, some in chairs but others in even more indescribable items. An [url]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/lovecraft/images/7/75/22-yadithian.jpg/ revision/latest?cb=20150706000005]odd humanoid[/url] stands behind a fleshy bar, polishing glasses not made for standard humanoid mouths. It looks up with confusingly shaped eyes and says in garbled common, "Grrrreebings. I am Yilhane, barmender at this vine esdablishment. Whad brings you here?"


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Bumping.


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +2; R +3; W +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +1

As Elisys seems too flabbergasted by the bizarre ambiance of the establishment, Bravo speaks up.

"Curiosity, mostly. What kinds of drinks you serve, Yilhane?"


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

"Many drings, for any sort of mouth or adjacent orkan. You seem lige you gould use a K'Imb"Inim. Deliciouz. Tastes lige an ingandescent zoul being torn abart by a bryrvath made of zugar," Yilhane says as he wiggles his mouth tendrils.


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16 /16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 18 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Krizen arches an eyebrow at the ... eloquent... description. "And what might you have for those who would rather less... incandescence... in their glass? He moves to stand closer to one of the table-like growths, as if he is going to lean on it - but then takes a second, closer look, and steps back to a distance greater than he started from. Yeesh.... Don't think about it. Don't think about it. In and out. We need the information, and then we can leave. It's just... ugh... Krizen's fur doesn't change colors, but there's a paleness developing around his lips and eyes where the skin is visible - his equivalent of turning green.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

”Not indrested in the best drinks? We do have other things, milkwine and buddedfly brandy and such.”


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16 /16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 18 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Krizen nods. "Best is in the eye of the beholder, my friend. I'll have a butterfly brandy, if you please." Krizen looks around, noting the many various beings. "You've quite the collection of patrons here. Are there any regular patrons among the drow? Krizen may have been a bit more circumspect, but he is getting frustrated with the lack of leads. All they have is the prosthetic leg... nothing solid.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Yilhane pours a glass of multicolored liquid into a positively baffling glass before handing it to Krizen and saying, ”There are zome. Zome are quite mighty, or have been at a time”

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Human Pilgrim Solarion | SP 15 HP 18| RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Nalun takes his place at the bar.

Greetings, may the Cycle see great fortune in your future. I'll have a milkwine.

Nalun waits for someone to broach the name of their quarry.


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +2; R +3; W +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +1

"I'll have what he's havin'," Bravo replies, jerking his head towards Nalun. "Milkwine, please."

While he waits for the drink he nods at Yilhane's words.

"We're more interested in the latter. Has-beens desperate to become am-nows again, if you know what I'm sayin'."


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

Yilhane reaches for a two fairly normal glasses before pulling on an organic growth that reveals itself to be an approximation of a tap. A totally opaque white liquid fills the two glasses, which Yilhane sets in front of Nalun and Bravo. It first seems to taste like eggnog, before earthy and sulfuric notes begin to kick in. It is a deeply strange drink.

Yilhane says cheerfully, ”It is bossible that zome vormer members of high society have ended up here. Berhaps you gould revresh my memory?”


Gosclaw Mechanic 2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16 /16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 18 Resist Fire 5 | INIT +3, F +3 / R +6 / W +0 | P: +5, DV 60', LLV

Krizen shifts his grip several times on the glass, before finally finding a way to lift it and examining the... brandy... changing color inside of it. "To be more specific for your memory, Ilyania Zeizerer. Does that personage ever visit this unique establishment?"

Krizen takes a sip of the brandy, and to his surprise enjoys the sensation. It is not a flavor - or feeling - that he could adequately describe with any number of words; in fact the only descriptor that could fit is "unique". He sits back slightly on his heels, and his ears tilt forward as he takes another sip. "My compliments, good sir. This is a fine drink."


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +2; R +3; W +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +1

Bravo sips his milkwine quietly and listens.


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

The strange being’s eyes widen and he says, ”You will vind nothing in looking vor her. Ilyania is bad news. But if you really do wish to vind her, I may know zomething. I had heard she was no lonker staying within the city, perhaps outside of it.”


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +2; R +3; W +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +1
GM Coyote wrote:
The strange being’s eyes widen and he says, ”You will vind nothing in looking vor her. Ilyania is bad news. But if you really do wish to vind her, I may know zomething. I had heard she was no lonker staying within the city, perhaps outside of it.”

"That she's bad news we already knew just from meeting her," Bravo quips. "And I imagine we'll find SOMETHING in looking for her, specifically something she stole from us the other night."


Fragments of the First Battle Maps | Old and Broken Battle Maps | Twilight of the Heroic Age Battle Maps |

”I gannot say I know about any thieving on her part, though I am not surprised.”

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Human Pilgrim Solarion | SP 15 HP 18| RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

You say she stays outside the city. How might we come across that information? Perhaps the Universe will provide us with the answer, provided we provide the universe with recompense. Nalun says, offering an obvious bribe to the barkeep for the information


Male Human Soldier (Starfinder Forerunner) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 4/4 | EAC 12 KAC 15; Tch 10; FF 10/13 | F +2; R +3; W +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +1
GM Coyote wrote:
”I gannot say I know about any thieving on her part, though I am not surprised.”

"Well, it only just happened last night. Though I'm honestly surprised you're being so straightforward with us. Last place we asked around at seemed a lot more scared of her and unwilling to share info."

551 to 600 of 1,024 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fragments of the First: A Homebrew Starfinder Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.