SO Jade Regent

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps & Handouts

Loot List


351 to 400 of 836 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Vance looks to Olaff, assuming he has the strongest shoulder. "Would you like to do the honors?"

The Exchange

Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 2 | HP: 15/22 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM +1 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

Sorry. I was sure I had already posted.

Olaff, despite being unsure about entering uninvited on a witch house, moves towards the door. "S#@!, I'm going, but this is not a good idea... I'm telling ya..."

Without sheathing his sword or shield, he shoves his shoulder against the door.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

If Olaff does not pull it free.

"Let me try."

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Between Olaff and Ryn, the door is not simply opened but removed from its hinges and sent clattering to the floor. Nothing larger than a cat has been inside the building for months, and the floorboards are already starting to warp and decay, eaten away by the fungus and the damp. Simply moving through the shack causes alarming creaks and groans.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

Ryn checks the area for dangers natural and man made. Casting guidance and detect magic to aid him.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

"I'm checking to see if we can walk on the floor safely, it seems like it might fall through."

Will : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Ryn tries to focus past any illusions left by the witch.


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 12/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

I had gone to check the ruined building, anything of interest there?


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Looking around the inside of the house, eyeing it with disdain and disappointment. "I expected. . .more. Alas if this is it, it looks clearly uninhabited so if there is anything that could help us, might be worthwhile to take a look, we can always return anything we don't use, I'm sure the witch won't mind"

His fingers dance delicately across the shelves and cupboards, looking for anything that might be worth the trouble of borrowing.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Vance takes a long look inside the building.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

Nikka will detect magic in the room to see if there is anything at all magical remaining

The Exchange

Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 2 | HP: 15/22 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM +1 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

"Vell... it looks like ve arre out of luck, orr ve arre lucky, I'm not surre, but I'm not keen on enterring this hut. I don't know the vitches of these parrts bot those in the norrth do not like of strrangerrs messing vith theirr stuff." He spits on the ground, to clear his throat.

"If she is gone, she can't help us... ve should get moving..."


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"I would not want to make a witch angry we have enough to deal with."


Leandro finds a number of dire rats, feasting on whatever they can find in the ruined building. It seems as though they are content not to bother him if he does not harass them or enter their domain.

Ryn notices tracks in the dirt, dust, and mold which have reclaimed the main building. Upon closer inspection, what he thought were the tracks of rats actually seem to be... tiny humanoid hands? Too small even for a baby, they are certainly curious.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"There may be a tiny humanoid here. An imp or even smaller. It could be hiding or even invisible. Hello whatever you are we just want to talk."


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 12/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

"Here there are just rats. I don't think we should enter a witch's hut without permission, that sounds like bad luck waiting to happen."


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Vance begins to circle the building, scanning for any signs of magic.


Vance, nor anyone, finds any particular signs of magic circling the house and its outlying buildings.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

"I detect no magic, I think it's safe to go inside." Vance calls out.


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

"I agree, its safe. You go first :-)"

With that, she waits a second or two and, if nobody goes in first, she will enter the building. With Jakur, of course, ready to defend her


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"What. Yes."

"I will go first it is the sound tactical decision. Please look over my shoulder for traps."


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Sunishi will keep an eye out for traps and accomapny Ryn inside the witch's hut.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

I dont see anything out of the ordinary, I'll give it the all clear

"Seems safe to me, pretty ramshackle and run down, I imagine the witch packed up and moved,"


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 12/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

Leandro shakes his head at the thought of the misfortune that comes to those who intrude into the witches' domain, and stands by with Nikka, ready to move in with her.


Friendly reminder that you get more information when you enter a room on the map than when you simply post.

The house seems unstable, as though very little could take place therein without its collapse.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

"Perhaps the real fear is not dark magic but unsound structural engineering. Perhaps it is best we move on after all." Vance suggests.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

Cast detect magic and guidance.

Rye will take one cautious step into the room.

"Best I go alone. Hello is anyone here. We want to parle. There is a problem in the woods we would like to solve with you."

I will do the dumb thing to move the story along.

If that goes well Ryn will poke about the ground with his long spear (10 ft away) trying to find safe footing and start exploring. He will search the building in a clockwise fashion. J4,3,5.

The Exchange

Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 2 | HP: 15/22 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM +1 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

"Ya might have a death vish..." Olaff mentions without entering the building but keeping watch over the others.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"I"m never quite clear on where my ideas come from I hope this works out. Ancestors bless me."


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

Nikka will look around, hoping to find something interesting

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

I should probably do that too.
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Entry:
Sheets of fungus grow along the walls and floor of this room, and on the numerous gourds, twigs, and bones hanging from the ceiling on sinew and string. The door to the north leads to a small closet.

Living Room J3:
More fungus and mold grows on the sagging benches, broken table, and narrow cupboards here. An old brick stove sits against the west wall.

Bedroom J4:
A large bed, its sheets thick with mold and puddles of water from the leaky roof, slumps in the corner of this room. Numerous ruined books lie stacked nearby, their contents destroyed by the damp.

Laboratory J5:
Once an alchemical laboratory, the equipment in this room has fallen into decay. Ancient chemical spills create weird stains and colorful crystalline growths amid the partially collapsed workbenches. Old Megus’s skeleton, still dressed in tattered clothes, also lies among the workbenches. An examination of the witch’s remains quickly reveals that some hideous transformation or deformity has disfigured her skeleton—the skull seems half melted and weirdly elongated in the face, one arm looks more like a bird’s talon, and the ribs have grown long spurs of bone that protrude both into and out of the rib cage. It was this last deformity, brought on by Megus’s final experiment, that killed her. Searching, Ryn finds a stash which appears to have been squirreled away by a creature very much like a squirrel, and also very unlike one.
Spoiler:
The stash contains 33 gp, a masterwork dagger in a steel scabbard worth 15 gp, and a scroll tube containing two scrolls of cure light wounds, two scrolls of false life, and a scroll of water walk (all of these scrolls function at caster level 7th).

In addition, this stash of treasure contains perhaps an even greater boon: a detailed map of Brinestump Marsh. Having lived there for so many years, Old Megus was perhaps the greatest living expert on the swamplands. The map is curled with the scrolls in the tube, and
shows every significant location in the marsh. The map even indicates the hidden path at area C and the shipwrecks at areas I and K. The cave network at area L is shown merely as a cave entrance, and bear a skull-shaped rune of warning and a note indicating that Megus hadn’t explored the caverns because she didn’t think it was worth the risk.

Spoilerrific!


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

Ryn retraces his step in the dust on the floor.

Focus, don't get distracted tell them what you found and stay relaxed.

"Ha. I got lucky and have not died! The witch is dead. But the trip was well worth it. Her remaining work will help us clear the area. Here is a map of Brinestump Marsh. Some gold, a nice dagger in a steel scabbard worth, and a scroll tube containing two scrolls of cure light wounds, two scrolls of false life, and a scroll of water walk. I took a quick read of the scrolls I hope no one minds."


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

"It kind of looks to me like we have to check out those caves. Sound right to you?"


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"Too dangerous, caves that is to say, for this very powerful witch, let's go while I'm still make not good choices."

Ryn seems to be losing grasps on his words as the adrenaline decreases.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Ooh look who knows how to nest spoilers! Nice!

Vance grimaces at the decorations hanging from sinew. "That's...unsavory." He says with a slight shudder. And reminiscent of necromancy.

When Ryn comes back to report he nods sadly. "That is unfortunate. But even in death she gave us what we need in the map. And some supplied to boot."

33 gp
MWK dagger
Steel scabbard (15 gp)
Scroll tube
-Cure light wounds x2 (CL 7)
-False life x2 (CL 7)
-Water walk (CL 7)

Vance is not interested in any of the loot, although if nobody has UMD trained than he will hold onto the false life scrolls to use once he is a high enough level.


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

I am not sure what spell list Water walk is on, but I can hold onto that scroll though not sure the check would be easily made, the UMD DC for that scroll is DC27, which would be hard for my +6 to make right now

Taking a walk through the house, finally eying the dead witch, "I wonder what got her, it seems pretty odd that such a powerful witch would be killed in her own home like this"


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

All the spells are on Ryn's spell list. So he will take the scrolls not claimed by other encase they are needed.

"She killed herself with arcane experiments. It was gruesome. There is not much more here shall we get going to the caves?"


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 12/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

"Shouldn't we bury her?" asks Leandro from the entrance, where he stood, reluctant to violate the threshold of a witch.

I don't really need anything from those items.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

"Hmm, she marks these caves as dangerous. We should be prepared."

Once we get close to the cave, Vance will attempt to use the false life scrolls on the frontliners. Olaff for sure, who would the next recipient be? Leandro I assume?


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

Just an FYI false life is personal.

"Though it would be nice, I believe we have more pressing matters coming here in and of itself was a split decission."


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4
Ryn Lye wrote:
Just an FYI false life is personal.

Ah, right you are. Good catch.

The Exchange

Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 2 | HP: 15/22 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM +1 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

"Yes, please, lets be moving..." Olaff suggests once more, clearly more tranquil now that he knows the witch is dead, but only barely. "If the vitch is dead, therre is no morre rreason forr us to delay ourr mission."


Anything further before we actually get to... THE CAVES?


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

How long does it take to get there? What is the time of day?


It would take an amount of time. There is a path that leads down from the back of the shack to a small boat which could hold you, but either way it's at least a few hours journey there and the day is passing. You don't feel that this shack is any more safe than the outdoors, and in fact potentially less safe given that it could fall on you if the wind decided to pick up.


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

To the caves!


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

"Caves it is, hopefully we can find some safety and shelter in there at the very least." Vance says nervously. And hopefully nothing else occupying it.


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 12/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

"Yes, let's go for now."
Leandro whispers a quiet prayer to Pharasma and Nethys to watch over the spirit of the witch, making a note to come back to lay her to rest.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"What...uuuh...ya let's get going."

The Exchange

Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 2 | HP: 15/22 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM +1 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

"Verry vell... same forrmantion as beforre. Ve had found no prroblem orr opposition so farr in the voods, but do not that fool ya. One step in the vrrong dirrection and it could be yarr last." Olaff lectures before he once more takes the lead.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


A fifty-foot-high cliff rises along the marsh’s southern border, its face a thick tangle of jutting rocks and bright green vines and nettles. A curtain of these thick nettle vines partially conceals a cave opening at the base of the cliff.

The cave beyond seems dark save for what little light streams in, and that light too is dimming as the night comes.


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Looking around at the group as they approach the cave, "That. . .looks like a dark cave," Sunishi'll swing his backpack around and dig out a torch with flint and steel, lighting the torch as he does.

Holding the torch in his left hand and drawing his wakizashi with his right, "I guess its time to see what's up, hopefully them skeletons are in there," Looking to his wakizashi, thinking to himself.

I don't think this sword is going to do much against these skeletons, hopefully its not too bad

351 to 400 of 836 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent - A Merry Journey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.