SO Jade Regent (Inactive)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps & Handouts

Loot List


151 to 200 of 912 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

Yep.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

Ryn agrees.


Just needed the yea to move us along, seemed consensus but didn't have a firm statement.

You travel the trails, taking another half hour or so to traverse back to the road despite it being less than a mile. The curving nature of the path combined with swampy terrain makes it take longer, and you once again get the distinct feeling something is watching you. As you reach the open road, you see that it has passed noon, but still you persevere onward to the second trail (perhaps after stopping to eat).

The second trail, by dint of it not being the current trail in use, is more overgrown. Travel is slower, and from time to time branches or leaves brush against you. The moving is slow... Anyone care to post or say anything, otherwise I can press onward.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

Ryn is watching Nikka assuming she is better at navigating these woods than he is, trying to pick up tips.

Other than that happy to move on.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

With the dim environment and the sudden presence of violence, Vance has fallen into an uncharacteristic silence. But after pushing through the undergrowth for long enough, he clears his throat. "Umm, notify. Notify." He shakes his head, as if clearing off the murk in his mind. "Olaff, I want to notify you of magic I may cast on you. Once we are confronting what we suspect to be our harshest resistance, I am going to increase your size and strength. Just so you aren't surprised." The professor always said to never surprise people with transmutation magic on them.


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

Nikka tries to remember what she has learned about moving through swamps like this, but in the excitement of the moment she can't quite remember all of the details

Don't get woodland stride until level 2 :-(


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 3 | HP: 31/31 | AC: 22 (12 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

Once more, Olaff has to use his sword like a machete to help to clear the way. His attention is entirely focused on his surroundings, trying to protect Nikka and avoid any surprises.

At Vance's offer, he seems a bit uncertain. "Arr, no disrrespect, Vance, but I do not like to mess vith this magic of yarrs... unless ya can heal my vounds, I think I'm good the vay I am. No offense..."


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"Ummm. Vance. Phalanx training is how I fight away from enemies."

Ryn gets lost in his words trying to let the spirits fill his mind with abilities.

"I can remember phalanx training from my ancestors. Reach and size are key. A particularly powerful ancestor would use righteous might to grow large and wield a fauchard. I think I could emulate this style."


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Vance looks somewhat unhappy for a moment, but Ryn draws his attention. "Oh, oh! Yes certainly. If you are more comfortable with the size alteration than I have no qualms about giving it to you!" He says with a smile. You're making assumptions Vance. Talk to them, know their strengths and weaknesses. It's important if you are to alter them.


The group continues onward, and soon after finds themselves at the goblin village! A filthy village-fort surrounded by a crude wooden palisade sits atop a low hummock of solid ground here. A wooden gate in the north wall of the palisade lies in shambles on the ground. Nearby, a large, algae-filled pool on the northeastern side breaks the palisade and allows a clearer view into the village’s interior, which consists of a collection of ramshackle huts connected by wooden walkways, all built on thick wooden stilts.


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Eying the goblin village, "This uh, looks pretty well fortified for a goblin village, I can try and take a look around, maybe find some easier way in that isn't just the front gate. . ."

Letting his sentence trail off as he looks to the group, clearly a frontal assault isn't Sunishi's idea of a good time. "I'm all for what you guys want to do, talk, fight, sneak in poison them their food supply, I'm down for whatever, I just don't want to get killed, whatever we decide,"


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"Not many of those options involve diplomacy and we committed to Nikka to try. I think that means the front door."

Ryn is being pulled in many directions. His ghosts say assault which he assumes Olaff would be for. There is an ancient elf ranger telling him to sneak and gather information. But, he is sure that Nikka is following the path Koya would like best.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"Not many of those options involve diplomacy and we committed to Nikka to try. I think that means the front door."

Ryn is being pulled in many directions. His ghosts say assault which he assumes Olaff would be for. There is an ancient elf ranger telling him to sneak and gather information. But, Nikka plan is the one Koya would have suggested.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Vance looks at the goblin encampment with a thoughtful frown on his face. Full-frontal assault is folly...ambush would be the smartest tactical decision, but that would give up any chance of diplomacy. Of course failed diplomacy would give up any chance of surprise and may be even worse than a full-frontal assault. The wizard sits against a tree, arms folded as he looks down, deep in thought. Think. Alternate solutions. Change the situation. What can you do to alter the circumstances...

"I have an idea." Vance rummages in his backpack, taking out a scroll after a moment of searching. "I create an illusion of somebody going to talk to the goblins diplomatically. One of us hiding in the marsh nearby speaks for the image, saying what we want to say for an attempt to end this peacefully. Worst case scenario they shoot a magical illusion full of arrows." He looks around with a smile. "And worst case scenario, they attack. I will shape the image to make it look injured if it gets hit, and I will have it retreat. If they prefer fighting over diplomacy than we can draw them right into a trap, letting them taste hubris."

Silent image, let me know what you guys think.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"I can cast a spell to make the image make sounds but can't make it speak. I would help make it more believable though. I can hide and speak for the group. If I stay focused I'm a decent speaker. Nikka is much better than I am, but it could be dangerous up there."

Ryn looks at Nikka.


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

"Vance, that sounds like a WONDERFUL idea. We get to talk to them if they wish to but don't die if they don't.

Ryn, I appreciate the offer, I really do. But talking to them is my idea, it is me who should take the risk. If I sneak up behind cover I should hopefully be safe."

"Sneak. Right. Yeah, I'm really good at that :-(. WHY didn't I keep my mouth shut? Nikka, next time, keep your mouth shut!!"


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 3 | HP: 31/31 | AC: 22 (12 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

Olaff nods in agreement. "It is indeed a good idea." He then looks for a place for him to hide as close as possible to Nikka's chosen spot. "Nikka, Vance, if this does not vorrk, don't trry anything crrazy. Ve vill jump of ourr hiding places and fight them."

"If ve have to fight, I'll go firrst, trrying to get theirr attention. If they arre not smarrt as ya say, they vill prrobably abandon theirr defenses vhen they see a single varrior herre... Rryn stay behind me, forr the rreach of yarr spearr vill allow ya to attack but also get coverred by me... Sunishi and Leandrro, ya stay on the flanks. If possible, keep hiding until they have come forr me... Nikka and Vance, ya stay behind, vith the cat to prrotect ya." He looks around to make sure everyone understood and then signals Vance and Nikka to proceed.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Vance nods, more than happy to let their fighter take lead on strategy. "I will enlarge Ryn if combat starts, but if there are multiple goblins clustered together I can overload their senses and possibly knock them out. It will hit allies as well though, so make sure I have a clear shot."

"I will create a traveler with a scarf over his mouth, that way it will be harder to tell the voice is not coming from him."

Vance is packing color spray, FYI.


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

"That sounds like a wonderful trick! Versatile and fancy! Sis, I can come with you, so that we can fall back if things get badly, and fall into formation."

If I physically carry Nikka, I can still move at a 25' speed.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"Then that is the plan the final part. What we want. We should get fire works. And not fighigthing."

"Sorry, focusing on the potential battle. We need to retrieve the firworks and ensure the attacks stop. We should be prepard to offer some dogs, horses, alchemist fire or hunting grounds as a trade unless we think we can scare them."


I will note thus far, you see no goblins.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Doubly good, we can use the image as a sensor to search for them. Then again, maybe the whole place is abandoned.

As they discuss the plan, Vance looks back and frowns. "Shouldn't we have seen a goblin by now?" He looks at the others briefly, then reaches into his pack and takes out a strip of jerky. Tiltha perks up immediately and jumps onto his arm. "Ok Tiltha, I need you." He breaks the jerky in half, feeding it to her. "We need to know if goblins or anything else is in there. You get the other half on returning." Tiltha pecks his hand, causing him to recoil. "No! Search first, then food!"

Tiltha flaps her wings in an agitated manor, then takes to the sky and begins soaring over the goblin home.

Tiltha will begin by soaring high above. If she sees nothing she will land on the inside and look again, but won't go searching hard or anything like that.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

Ryn can use ghost sound to make it sound like dogs are in the village so Tiltha can see if goblins move around.

If Vance okays the plan Ryn will cast the spell.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Sounds good!


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Sunishi continues listening to the plan, preparing himself for the fight or not fight ahead. "I'll find some cover and lay in wait on the side, I hope it doesn't come down to fighting, while I don't mind killing, I do very much mind getting attacked,"

Finding some cover in some bushes, he'll have his wakizashi drawn and ready.

Stealth take 10: 10 + 7 = 17

Figure we have a bit of time, so I can take 10 safely? I don't know about taking 20 on a stealth check so I'm just opting for a 10


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

Ryn causes the sounds of dogs barking in the middle of the town and watches to see how Tilth reacts.


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

Nikka takes out a small morsel and hands it to Jakur.

In a somewhat amused and somewhat exasperated voice, she says

"Vance, PLEASE tell me when you're about to feed Tiltha. There is no feeding just the one :-("


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Vance smacks his forehead. "Of course! I saw that on the other side earlier today and I am so quick to forget. I shall keep that in mind now." He offers an apologetic smile.


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 3 | HP: 31/31 | AC: 22 (12 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

Olaff waits patiently as Vance's bird scouts for them. In truth he hopes that Nikka is right and all the fight is unnecessary but he doesn't believe that.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

Ryn begins to hear stories of empty forts in his head.

'When the forts were empty, why were they so? The enemy did not go home, so where did they go? THEY DID NOT GO, THEY MUST HAVE BEEN HAD. Had by what? It must be worse.'


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

Rapier at the ready, Leandro lies in waiting, taking in the peculiar forms of the goblin village.


The group finds that the village seems to have recently been attacked. A number of skeletons and goblin corpses lie behind the besieged outer wall. The scouting bird sees all this, and deeper within the compound sees a number of goblins in more defensible positions, though how much this can be relayed remains to be seen.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Tiltha returns, flitting down onto Vance's shoulder with an impatient peck to his ear.

"Ow! No, answer the question. Are there goblins still in the village?" Tiltha pecks his coat once, then remains still. Vance frowns, looking at the village curiously. "Than why are they being so quiet?" He feeds her the rest of the jerky. "Well there are still goblins in there."


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"We need to move deeper into the village and find out what happening here."


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 3 | HP: 31/31 | AC: 22 (12 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

Hearing the news from the bird, Olaff shrugs and readies himself. "Vell, it vas a good plan, but ve move in. Same forrmation as beforre." He then looks at Nikka. "Talking to them vill be harrderr now, forr ve arre trrespassing. Once ve see them, ve'll halt and ya can talk, but that is it. Agrreed?"


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

"Yessir, ready."


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Spinning his blade and then resheathing it, Sunishi will climb out of the bush, "So we are walking in and seeing whats going on? Sounds like they recently got attacked, maybe they don't want to fight anymore,"


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

"Agreed. But talking may actually be easier. They face another foe, perhaps we can ally against a common foe"


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

I don't think Vance would be able to get much more than "there are still goblins in there". Tiltha isn't smart enough to realize the further implications and Vance doesn't know what questions to ask.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"With a common foe we actually have something to negotiate with. This could be better."

I assume we up to the village now because otherwise, all we know is there are goblins and they did not come out.


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

That's my bad, I misunderstood how much info our characters had received versus what we as the players received


Yes, map is up and available for you. And has been.

The front gate lies in shambles after several panicked goblins bashed it down in their efforts to flee the village when the skeletons attacked. The remaining goblins haven’t bothered to repair it yet.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"Does anyone speak goblin or do goblin speak Taldan?"


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

"Skeletons? Does that mean it was attacked by the undead? WHy would someone attack goblins if not as a form of, uh, pest control?"
Leandro looks at Vance, trusting the scholar to have answers he doesn't


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

"I have learned their tongue. As for undead attacking...I can only imagine. Perhaps a necromancer wanted to gain goblins as additional minions and tried to intimidate them. If they are normal undead than they are mindless creations who simply follow instructions, so it would be the will of their creator who we should worry about. Regardless, let us go investigate, but carefully. Tiltha says goblins still reside in the village. Perhaps we can call out to them in their own tongue?" Vance offers.


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 3 | HP: 31/31 | AC: 22 (12 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

"Verry vell... enterring then. Pay attention to everrything... ve do not know if therre arre trraps orr something like that..." With his shield ready and sword drawn, Olaff enters through the crumbed wall, looking around for the goblins.


Olaff is greeted by the corpses of a number of goblins, as well as a few inanimate skeletal remains that appear mostly humanoid. Heal check 10 to deduce, yes, humanoid (human), or maybe a half-breed

There are buildings to the east and west, up on stilts. There does not appear to be any motion from within. There is an eerie quiet to the village, one which you wouldn't expect from a goblin village, especially one which had been causing so much trouble with fireworks.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Vance lets the others lead and brings up the rear. As they enter Vance reaches into his spell component pouch, taking out a scrap of cured leather. "Hewa litrix." There is a brief shimmer about the wizard as the cured leather burns away to nothingness.

Once inside Vance takes a deep breath in and shouts out to the village. "Maal'duun! Agaan akec huukec ac maagaan? Daan agaan khruur al'den der daan akaal! Daan taash haalaan!"

Goblin:
"Hello! Are any goblins in here? We are not allies with the undead! We seek peace!"

Casting mage armor on myself. +4 armor bonus for 1 hour.


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

Nikka heads in with the others, Jakur ready to defend her against either goblins or undead.

She looks around, hoping to spot something more
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 3 | HP: 31/31 | AC: 22 (12 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

Olaff examines the skeletons with his boot while Vance calls for the goblins. To help to drive the goblins' attention, he bashes his sword against his shield.

Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

151 to 200 of 912 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent - A Merry Journey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.