SO Jade Regent (Inactive)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps & Handouts

Loot List


101 to 150 of 912 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Vance, surprised and confused, steps back at the sudden onslaught of violence. "Uhh, Proudstump?" He glanced around warily. Tiltha screeches at the creature and leaps forward, flying above his head and flapping her wings aggressively at him.

Tiltha moves to occupy the space above Proudstump. Since most of the party beat Vance in init and seem to be doing quite a bit of damage, Vance may not be needed. But just in case...

If Proudstump is still up:
Vance breaths shakily at the morphed creature, then raises his staff and sharply gestures it sideways as a piece of force energy strikes at the misshapen creature!

Ranged Touch (into melee): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Sunishi takes a 5 foot step forward pulls out his Wakizashi and attacks the morphed creature.

"I don't think I've ever seen s creature change like that before."

If the attack is needed:

Wakizashi attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

Rough time to lose initiative.

Ryn's composure is starting to crack. Not becuase he is in a fight, but becuase of how quickly he seems to have jumped into it and how normal it feels.


Sorry, had a picture all ready and forgot to plop it down yesterday. Have a job interview today, so a little scatterbrained. Dungeoneering is the knowledge to identify it.

The creature is beaten, and given that he was tripped, you make short work of him. He lies there, bloody, broken, and fairly formless. It causes you to wonder... was this really Walthus?


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Was he down before Vance acted? It's important for tracking his number of telekinetic fists per day.

Vance stares at the beaten creature. "What the hell what that?.." He steps forward slowly, prodding the creature with his quarterstaff. "Do you guys think it was really him, or some kind of impostor?" Vance seems very keen on the second idea. He looks a bit green at the creature they were talking to suddenly becoming hostile and getting butchered and he turns away.

Knowledge (dungeoneering) (untrained): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

As Vance turns away, Tiltha lands on the bloodied body and pecks at one of the wounds. She flaps her wings and hops to reposition, looking for a good place to scavenge.


No, you went before Nikka whose cat finished it off.


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

"I'd like to think this hideous... thing wasn't him. Let's see if there is the real one inside."
Blade at the ready, Leandro takes a step inside the house, looking around. "Warden Proudstump? Are you here?"


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Awesome. Poor level 1 wizards and their resources haha

Did that knowledge check reveal anything?


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"Let get inside a search quickly. We don't know that this was the only threat."


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)
Vance Leroung wrote:

Awesome. Poor level 1 wizards and their resources haha

Did that knowledge check reveal anything?

Given that you can only get a maximum of 10 on an untrained skill, unlikely :-(

If you'll let me retrofit one thing and IF you allow it anyway (rules wise, not crystal clear that I can do a free action on somebody elses turn) Nikka would have called Jakur off (can't fail check) as soon as the beast went unconscious

"I really hope they let me save the poor thing. But I have to let the group decide. It betrayed and attacked us, if they want to see it dead they have the right. Koya always told me to be good but to try and not force my views on others. She is much wiser than I am, I'm going to trust her on this"

"Does anybody know what the heck that is?? Is it dead? Uh, is everybody ok if I stabilize it? I'd like to talk with it, but then we have to decide what to do with a prisoner. Letting it die is one thing, killing it in cold blood quite another!"


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Keeping his sword drawn, Sunishi steps back, waiting to see what the party wants to do with the disgusting creature. ”We can kill it, pretty sure it’s jist a disgusting shapeshifter and it probably killed the original Warden,”

Sunishi gives a shrug, looking to the group, clearly he has no qualms about killing a creature like that.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"I'm ok with asking it some questions, but it is dangerous. It has to be locked up or killed or it will hurt other people. Locked up is preferable."


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 3 | HP: 29/31 | AC: 22 (12 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: none.

Olaff cleans his blade of the shapeshifter's blood before following Leandro inside the house. "Prroudstump, arre ya inside? Ve arre frriends..."

As Nikka mentions stabilizing the creature and talking to it, Olaff gives his opinion before continuing his search for the warden. "If ya arre going to heal that thing, be surre to tie it beforre... About it's fate, ve need to find the rreal varrden firrst. If this thing killed him, I say it must die. A life forr a life."


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"Hey, you moved everything. I just sorted the bag."

Ryn says to nobody before handing a rope to the group.


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

"Maybe it was just scared. Please keep it from dying, sis, at least for the time being. Hopefully there'll be no need for bloodshed."


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Sunishi shrugs again, "I'll stay here and guard the creature while you guys look inside,"

He sets about tying the creature up using Ryn's rope,

CMB: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Nodding to himself, "That oughta hold it,"


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

DC for escape bonds is 20+cmb.


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

"Ok, I'll try and stabilize it then"

Nikka casts stabilize on the Faux Halfing. Does it work or is he already dead (clearly that back and forth may well have taken a couple of rounds)?


The creature was only moderately beyond consciousness, so the stabilizing will work and Nikka does find that it is still breathing ever so shallow-ly. Entering the house and calling for him, Olaf finds Proudstump limping down the stairs. He looks to be severely beaten, and is almost identical to how the other creature looked when it was doing its impersonation. "I heard fighting... is it dead?"


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"It is dealt with. What happened?"


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 3 | HP: 29/31 | AC: 22 (12 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: none.

"Not dead, but beaten, unconscious and tied up." Olaff answers, taking a good look at the halfling. "Ve vanted to have some ansverrs in case ya verre dead, Prroudstump."

Olaff then sheathes his sword and ties his shield back on his back before moving towards the limping halfling. "Herre, let me help ya... ve have Nikka among us and I think she can help ya vith yarr vounds. Could ya tell us vat happened herre?"


"I was attacked, that... that thing! It attacked me when I was in my garden, fortunately my snakes took care of most of it, but it killed so many of them, oh my little friends..." He looks very forlorn at the loss of his snakes, much as one might say about puppies. "I don't know why it attacked me, but it did!"


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"We will see if we can get answers."

Ryn can burn a spell if we really want to try a wake the creature. Otherwise we leave him here and get it on the way out of the swap, return to town or kill it.


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

"What sort of a creature is it? Do you know of any such shapeshifters who may bear you a grudge? And you are not another of them, right?"

Leandro, turned paranoid by the encounter, studies this new halfling looking for any suspicious behaviour.
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 12


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

The first adversary was a creature of trickery. Vance calms down a bit, realizing they had done the right thing. I wonder why it was so panicked to get us to leave? Perhaps it had limited time it could stay in this form?


"Shapeshifter? No. I'm Walthus. This is my shack." He motions about with one arm, the other he is using to support himself against a wall. He doesn't take Olaff's aid, though he does give a kind nod to the offer. "Don't know why it attacked me. Why does anyone attack anyone else? No sense to it."


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

Ryn goes up to a random sac or drawer that looks like lot was not been opened in a long time and says, what's in here? The real Walthus will know a shape shifted will not."

Ryn changes to much softer tone. "Once you answer could you tell us a nything about the goblins in the area or how to get to them?"


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

I'm staying out of the conversation inside because I'm guarding the guy outside, just wanted people to know I'm here and tracking the game


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 3 | HP: 29/31 | AC: 22 (12 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: none.

"Vell, if ve do not know vat the crreature is and it attacked the Varrden vith of motive, I say he get rrid of it... even if it speaks to us, how can ve be surre it vill not be morre lies or that it vill not trry to harrm otherrs?" He looks around for an agreement, or not.

"In the norrth, the one who sparres the life of someone vicked is rresponsible forr that ones actions... so if ve let it go frree, ve arre the ones rresponsibles if it kills someone. I don't know about ya, But I'm not villing to do that."


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

"Down south there is the rule of law. At least sometimes. It attacked me and Mr Proudstump here. And killed his snakes!!. I don't know if that warrants a death sentence or not. Maybe we wake it up and tell it we'll take it back to town for a fair trial if it tells us truthfully what it knows? And promise to put in a good word since it cooperated?"


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Vance sighs. Bring the creature back so it may hang officially, drawing out its death and burdening the townspeople as well. Not to mention the time it will take away from our mission. He shakes his head. It's good to not mindlessly kill those who cross your path, but endless mercy is not viable. Even Sarenrae cleanses her enemies.


Walthus looks at the random sack that Ryn has chosen. He strains a bit using his memory. "That is either a pile of mushrooms from the time I went gathering, or some leather scraps I was going to make into shoes. I can't quite remember which." It is either of those things, should it be checked, and despite the pained expression he doesn't seem more stressed or upset than normal. He understands taking precautions after a run-in with a shapeshifter.

"The goblins in the area have been getting bolder since discovering the fireworks. It's more than just having armaments, it's something... more. I guess I'm not the best to explain it. You can get to them directly by heading south-southeast, but the easier way would be to take the new fish road back to the main road, take it south a bit to the old fish road, leads right to their settlement. They're getting more and more dangerous, but it also stands to reason they could just wind up burning down their own home." He shrugs, a gesture which seems to hurt him more than he was ready for. He finds a chair and sits in it. "For my coin, I'd say end it and be done, those things are a menace. I'm a bit agitated though because it beat me and killed my snakes."


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 3 | HP: 29/31 | AC: 22 (12 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: none.

"Arrr!" Olaff throws his hands into the air in a clear sign of frustration. "Please, Nikka, do not overrcomplicate vat is happening herre... this crreature is a monsterr... it attacked the varrden in his home and if it vas not forr us arriving herre, it vould prrobably have killed him!"

"Ve can't go back to Sandpoint to call a thing to decide if ve can kill everry monsterr ve find in ourr vay..." He looks around for support. "Ve also can not leave it herre norr can ve brring it vith us."

"Leandrro, please, brring yarr siterr to rreason! Rryn, Sunishi and Vance, please voice yarr opinions... do ve lose ourr time brringing this monsterr back to town just forr the sherriff look at us in incrredulity and kill the blasted thing, orr ve finish it now and continue to ourr mission?" He looks around once more.

I believe we are dragging this for too long... let's vote on what to do and keep the story going. Olaff votes for killing the monster and moving on.


I believe we're at exactly the right amount of drag for this event, but I agree it is now decision time.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"We have a job to do. If we can't tie the creature up here and secure it so that we can get it when we come back through. Then I don't see an option that is not kill it."

Ryn's voice sound ghostly, cold and professional, not his usual bumbling muttery demeanor.

"These decissions...always better... always easier in the histories."

Ryn's voice returns to normal.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Vance looks uneasy at Olaff's words. He agrees with the northerner...but he doesn't like coming off so bluntly or the idea of killing a creature in cold blood. It would have been better all around if the creature was struck dead while fighting.

Vance wrote:
As Vance turns away, Tiltha lands on the bloodied body and pecks at one of the wounds. She flaps her wings and hops to reposition, looking for a good place to scavenge.

I assume since nobody said anything in response to Tiltha going to scavenge the shapechanger, that nobody stopped her. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Vance opens his mouth to answer, then stops and turns at the sound of soft chirping. "Tiltha!" He cries in dismay at the bird who is happily tearing strips of flesh from the creature. "Off, off!" The bird cries in displeasure as Vance waves her off the body, flapping up and buffeting the young wizard with her wings.

I think unless somebody would have wanted to stop Tiltha she would have finished off the creature.


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Sunishi shrugs, twirling his blade, placing it on the creatures neck, "I'm all for killing it, I can't believe we are still discussing this, Like Olaff says, its a monster, it tried to kill us and the Warden,"

He presses the blade against the creature, waiting for someone to give the word.

Coup D'grace when prompted:

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
damage: 2d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 3) + (5) = 11


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

That looks like 3 in the affirmative. Ryn is closer to an abstention than anything else. So, I think that's a decission.


The creature lies bleeding, and dies promptly when Sunishi cuts it. It was unconscious, so its passing is easy. Walthus says he'll dispose of the body in the marsh. "Anything else you folk need?" He asks.


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

Olaf, sorry that you think I dragged this on too long. But I thought it important to do this once in character. It shouldn't happen again

"Well, I'm certainly outnumbered. And they're likely right too. The town would probably have just exectuted him. It would have been to nice to know what he knew, though"

Nikka looks away as the downed shapeshifter is executed. While it may have been for the best, she can't bring herself to look at it.

"Vance is letting his bird just EAT the thing?!! But its sentient. I should speak up! No, I'm probably alone on this too. And it is natures way to eat the dead. But its wrong!!! Naturey? I'm so confused"


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

Leandro places a hand on Nikka's shoulder, looking grave and vaguely disturbed. "Proudstump was attacked by the creature, it was his call, sis. I guess maybe it's the way of the marsh, as the mongoose is not merciful to the snake attacking its burrow. I'm saddened, but if that creature was sentient, then it was his choice to bring violence to the world, rather than peace. Not as free a choice as it should have, maybe, but a choice nonetheless."

With a handkerchief, Leandro cleans the rapier of ichor and sheathes it, not before shooting a few glances at Ryn's antics. "Should we get to the goblins now?"


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

Ryn is kicking himself for not killing the creature himself, not because it was right but because if it was wrong it would be better that he bear the burden in the stories he has to bring back to his people.

Ryn is also struggling with what to think about the bird. He knows many elf wizards that have familairs. Though they can be very smart, they all keep some aspects of the animal they were.


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 3 | HP: 29/31 | AC: 22 (12 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: none.

"Vell... that settles the case. Ve move then. Thanks forr the advice varrden Prroudstump. Can ya take carre of yarrself or do ya want us to escorrt ya until the rroad?" Now that the battle is over and they are about to move, Olaff remembers that he was thirsty and that he dropped his waterskin. He then moves towards it and refills it.

Once the others are ready to move, he readies his shield once more. "So, as the varrden said, ve go back thrrough the new fish trrail, take the road tovarrds south and then enterr the old fish trrail... same forrmation as beforre. Nikka, come herre, yes?


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Vance, when all is said and done, is moderately happy at the outcome. He could have been better at monitoring Tiltha's behavior, but the villain was defeated and the citizen was saved. All in all, it was well done. "Yes, let us continue forward! Your formation seems to have worked since we didn't suffer a scratch even after being surprised."

Ready to move on!


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"Let's go."


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Assuming his position near the back of the group, at this point, Sunishi keeps his sword unsheathed, ready for danger.

"I'm already done with these swamps and we still have untold horrors ahead of us,"

Sighing, he trudges on.


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

"Yes, let us proceed"


So... you are proceeding along the new trail, to the old trail, to the goblin village?


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Yes I think we're going to follow the real Proudstump's advice since it seems like the easier route.


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

Agreed

101 to 150 of 912 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent - A Merry Journey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.