Family Game - Iron Gods (Inactive)

Game Master Jessica Catalan

A private family game of the Iron Gods Adventure Path.


1 to 50 of 168 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

A private family game of the Iron Gods Adventure Path.

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

The town of Torch has long enjoyed a singular claim to prosperity--a violet flame that burns atop Black Hill in the heart of the town. This flame burns incredibly hot, and while it's usually the size of a bonfire, several times a year the fires spew up into the heavens in a brilliant beam of purple violence. These eruptions are presaged by about an hour of soft rumbling, giving nearby smiths a chance to retreat before the fires can consume them. At all other times, the violet energies allow for the smelting of all manner of skymetal. Torch is one of the only locations where skymetal can be worked with relative ease outside of Starfall, and its entire economy has risen around these purple flames, with traveling smiths coming from across Avistan to pay for the opportunity to work with them. Of course, Torch needs all the visiting trade and coin it can gather, for while the town's distance from Starfall makes it inconvenient for the Technic League to maintain a permanent presence here, the taxes and tariffs it charges the Numerian town on a monthly basis are significant. The town prospers, but the bulk of its income does not belong to it.

Which is why, when the fires atop the hill suddenly go out, the town is in trouble. Eight days ago the violet flame that has burned atop Black Hill for over a century has mysteriously gone out, leaving a strangely seeping pit of rubble and bubbling fluids where the town’s livelihood once glowed day and night.

Councilor Khonnir Baine, one of Torch’s more powerful wizards and a well-liked individual, discovered the signs of unusual traffic on the banks of Weeping Pond, and shortly thereafter, the submerged tunnel that provides access to several heretofore unknown tunnels under Black Hill. His emergence from the caves with a deactivated semi-humanoid automaton sparked worries that something strange might be going on in the caverns below. When, on his second expedition under Black Hill, Khonnir Baine went missing those worries turned to outright fear.

With their hands full handling the growing refuse and waste problems in town now that their primary disposal method is gone, the town council is eager to find out what happened to Khonnir and rescue him, if possible. Several other adventuring parties have gone missing in the caves, and Torch finds itself running short on new volunteers. They’ve made public a reward of 3,000 gp to any group that can recover Khonnir’s body and, if he can be returned alive, they’ve promised to throw in the scroll of resurrection they’ve been holding on to in case they needed to revive him. And to those who can reignite the purple flame? Double the reward.

Feel free to introduce your characters and let us know why you're interested in taking the town council up on it's offer. You can each also roll a d20 to see what other rumour you've heard around town.


| HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 12) (+1 vs. robots) | SR: 7 | CMB: -3 CMD: 10 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 | Init +4 | Perc +3, SM +3 (+7 if MP in head), Diplomacy +1 (+4 if MP in head), Social +1 | Speed 30 ft., Burrow 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/2, Minor Image: 3/3, Sleep: 3/3, Suggestion: 1/1 | At Will: Detect Magic, Invisibility, Pooka Dust | Active Conditions: Invisible (1 minute), Shared Consciousness

Valeria is a sneaky pooka with the body of a brown rabbit, toro and face of a woman, fluffy rabbit paws, and long rabbit ears. This tiny fey was once the familiar of a wizard. He plucked right out of the First World! Her Master's name was Piggart, and she grew to love him! She even wore a collar around her neck with his picture inside of it.

But, one day, Master Piggart was killed by a robot!

Valeria was so mad! And so sad! And so scared!

She ran away as fast as she could and hurried back to their home! But soon, people came to over the fancy house, so Valeria took all of his magical books that she could carry, and ran away! She hid on Black Hill, and built a little burrow for herself near the purple flame. The flame kept her burrow toasty warm! It was nice.

Master Piggart came with her! Because even though he had died, he couldn't bear to be away from her! He loved her too much!.

So, Valeria and Master Piggart lived together in a nice, warm, burrow in Torch.

But, then the fire went out! Valeria was cold! And even worse?! The people said that another wizard and a member of the town council was KILLED BY A ROBOT?!? How horrible!

Valeria and Master Piggart decided they needed to do something about it! So Valeria hopped out of her little burrow, and flew over to the Council Hall.

Rumour: 1d20 ⇒ 14


| HP: 7/7, Ectoplasmic DR 5/slashing | Ectoplasmic AC 14 (T12, FF 12), Incorporeal AC 15 (T15, FF 10) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+0 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +0, Social +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: Ectoplasmic

Master Piggart drifted through town beside Valeria. He was pale and see-through, like a ghost. This robot business had him worried! It brought back bad memories!

But, most worrisome of all? Valeria had hopping right into trouble. He'd need to work hard to keep her safe...

Be careful, Valeria. Stay close. he thinks at Valeria.


| HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 12) (+1 vs. robots) | SR: 7 | CMB: -3 CMD: 10 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 | Init +4 | Perc +3, SM +3 (+7 if MP in head), Diplomacy +1 (+4 if MP in head), Social +1 | Speed 30 ft., Burrow 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/2, Minor Image: 3/3, Sleep: 3/3, Suggestion: 1/1 | At Will: Detect Magic, Invisibility, Pooka Dust | Active Conditions: Invisible (1 minute), Shared Consciousness

Valeria looks back at Master Piggart and smiles.

Fine! she thinks back. Coming!

She waits for Master Piggart, then hops alongside him.


Male Elf Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 17 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+1 | Init +6 | Perc +7, SM +1, Social +1 | Speed 35 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Houndreti is a tall, slender elf man with pale skin, gray-blonde hair, and green eyes. He wears well-worn elven clothing, studded leather armour, and soft leather boots. He rides atop a brown horse named Brownie.

Houndreti rides through town on his way to the market. He was a hunter who supplied Torch with meat and food. In exchange, he trades for horse feed and supplies. When he arrives in the market he paces down the meat and vegetables he's found. Seeing a hungry child nearby he starts to hand out the food to the people. He saw they were all hungry and with the violet flame out they had no money for food.

"It's free today." Houndreti says.

Once he's given the food out he heads over to see the town council. This place would die without that fire. He had to help!

Outside he sees a strange ghost and a fairy creature. He smiles. Back home in Crying Leaf he spoke with fey all the time. Now the only one he ever saw was Valeria the pooka.

Sylvan:
"Greetings, my friend. What are you doing out of your burrow? Did you hear the flame went out?"


Male Heavy Horse | HP: 19/19 | AC 15 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | F:+8 R:+7 W:+3 | Init +4 | Perc +8, SM +3 | Speed 50 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Houndreti rides upon a fine, brown horse!


Male Elf Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 17 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+1 | Init +6 | Perc +7, SM +1, Social +1 | Speed 35 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Rumour: 1d20 ⇒ 2


| HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 12) (+1 vs. robots) | SR: 7 | CMB: -3 CMD: 10 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 | Init +4 | Perc +3, SM +3 (+7 if MP in head), Diplomacy +1 (+4 if MP in head), Social +1 | Speed 30 ft., Burrow 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/2, Minor Image: 3/3, Sleep: 3/3, Suggestion: 1/1 | At Will: Detect Magic, Invisibility, Pooka Dust | Active Conditions: Invisible (1 minute), Shared Consciousness

Valeria smiles and waves a paw at him.

Sylvan:
"Hi there, Houndreti! I'm only out of the burrow because the flame went out. I'll freeze if it doesn't start back up soon!"


| HP: 7/7, Ectoplasmic DR 5/slashing | Ectoplasmic AC 14 (T12, FF 12), Incorporeal AC 15 (T15, FF 10) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+0 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +0, Social +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: Ectoplasmic

Sylvan:
"Hello again. Speak sense into Valeria! She must hide and wait out the trouble... not run right into!"

He seems worried for his familiar.


| HP: 11/11 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (+11 near Rothmhar), SM +4 (+6 near Rothmhar), Bluff -2, Diplomacy -2, Intimidate +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2, Spirit Magic: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Touch of Acid: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Haji is a tall half-orc, towering over six and a half feet tall, with olive skin and a piercing green eye. He has long black hair and a bushy black beard, both of which have rocks, gems and stones beaded into their length. He has a lot of body piercings, all of which have rocks, crystals, metals and gems in place of earrings. He has one eye and one gemstone in place of the second. A strange brand encircles the gem-filled eye socket. He looks tough, and scary.

Haji walks down the street and stops in front of the Town Hall. Beside him is a woman with red hair and a metal arm and...


| HP: 5/5 | AC 16 (T14, FF 14) | CMB: +0 CMD: 6* | F:+2 R:+4* W:+3 | Init +2 | Perc +2, SM +1 | Speed 15 ft., Climb 15 ft, Swim 15 ft. | Active Conditions: None

...a hideously ugly rat! It has a few patches of scraggly fur and a bunch of strange rocky protrusions jutting from his hard skin. It hisses angrily at the red head, clearly smarter than it appears.


| HP: 11/11 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (+11 near Rothmhar), SM +4 (+6 near Rothmhar), Bluff -2, Diplomacy -2, Intimidate +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2, Spirit Magic: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Touch of Acid: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

He watches the ghost cautiously. He leans over and grunts something to the redhead.

"Keep an eye on that ghost."

After a moment he slips past and barges into the building.


| HP: 7/7, Ectoplasmic DR 5/slashing | Ectoplasmic AC 14 (T12, FF 12), Incorporeal AC 15 (T15, FF 10) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+0 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +0, Social +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: Ectoplasmic

Master Piggart flies in between Haji and Valeria and shifts his shape, becoming more solid -- like a slimy, green, goo man.

Then he crosses her arms and scowls at the half-orc. "Stay BAAAAAACK!" he bellows in his scariest voice!

Intimidate: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


| HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 12) (+1 vs. robots) | SR: 7 | CMB: -3 CMD: 10 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 | Init +4 | Perc +3, SM +3 (+7 if MP in head), Diplomacy +1 (+4 if MP in head), Social +1 | Speed 30 ft., Burrow 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/2, Minor Image: 3/3, Sleep: 3/3, Suggestion: 1/1 | At Will: Detect Magic, Invisibility, Pooka Dust | Active Conditions: Invisible (1 minute), Shared Consciousness

Valeria doesn't notice. She's too busy having a conversation with her elf friend.


Male Elf Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 17 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+1 | Init +6 | Perc +7, SM +1, Social +1 | Speed 35 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Houndreti smiles at Valeria and Master Piggart.

Sylvan:
"Are you here to accept the Town Councils offer then? How interesting. I am here for the same. I wish to see this land healed, but with the flame out, the people before they can enjoy my efforts. Humanoids and nature must both survive." He turns to Master Piggart. "I could control Valeria no better than you can, my friend. Your familiar has a mind of her own. Always has."

When Houndreti sees Haji he waves. "Hello Haji. What brings you here? Oh, and... you're gone."

He smiles at Master Piggart.

Sylvan:
"I think you scared him off."

Houndreti smiles at the redhead. "Hello, Miss. I'm Houndreti Andosana. I don't believe we've met." He bows politely.


Male Heavy Horse | HP: 19/19 | AC 15 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | F:+8 R:+7 W:+3 | Init +4 | Perc +8, SM +3 | Speed 50 ft. | Active Conditions: None

When Houndreti bows Brownie does the same.


| HP: 10/10 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+1 R:+4 W:+1 | Init +2 | Perc +5, SM -1, Bluff +0, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Gadgets: 1st: 2/2 | Inspiration: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

Nix is a wild looking woman with wavy orange hair that's tied back in a braid, grease stained clothes, one good arm, and a massive metal arm in place of the other. It's an amazing feat of engineering that looks like it was cobbled together from junk. Her pockets bulge with vials, tools, and random bits of scrap.

"Got it, babe." she replies to Haji.

Then she strides up to the front door, stops, and turns around, completely blocking the entrance off from the elf, ghost, and rabbit-chick while Haji slips inside the building.

"What's up?" she asks with a wide smile. She lets out a whistle. "Man, oh man! And I thought we were freaks. You guys bring things to a whole new level." puts a hand on her hip. "I'm Nix. Who're you?"


| HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 12) (+1 vs. robots) | SR: 7 | CMB: -3 CMD: 10 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 | Init +4 | Perc +3, SM +3 (+7 if MP in head), Diplomacy +1 (+4 if MP in head), Social +1 | Speed 30 ft., Burrow 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/2, Minor Image: 3/3, Sleep: 3/3, Suggestion: 1/1 | At Will: Detect Magic, Invisibility, Pooka Dust | Active Conditions: Invisible (1 minute), Shared Consciousness

"Hey, I was going to go in there!"

She waves her hand, causing Master Piggart to turn incorporeal.

"Plan B!"

Valeria tries to hop through Nix's legs and into the building.


| HP: 7/7, Ectoplasmic DR 5/slashing | Ectoplasmic AC 14 (T12, FF 12), Incorporeal AC 15 (T15, FF 10) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+0 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +0, Social +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: Ectoplasmic

Master Piggart flies right through Nix and into the building.


Male Elf Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 17 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+1 | Init +6 | Perc +7, SM +1, Social +1 | Speed 35 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Houndreti smiles. "If anyone is a freak it's all of you guys. I'm just a normal elf."


Male Heavy Horse | HP: 19/19 | AC 15 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | F:+8 R:+7 W:+3 | Init +4 | Perc +8, SM +3 | Speed 50 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Brownie nods his head and neighs.


Male Elf Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 17 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+1 | Init +6 | Perc +7, SM +1, Social +1 | Speed 35 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Houndreti says, "It was nice to meet you, but I need to get in there. Goodbye."

He tries to tumble past her into the building.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

He does a fancy triple twirling backflip right over her and strolls inside the town hall.


| HP: 11/11 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (+11 near Rothmhar), SM +4 (+6 near Rothmhar), Bluff -2, Diplomacy -2, Intimidate +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2, Spirit Magic: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Touch of Acid: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Haji waits for Nix. When he sees Houndreti backflip into the building he raises his eyebrow. "Hey, Houndreti. How are you doing?"


| HP: 5/5 | AC 16 (T14, FF 14) | CMB: +0 CMD: 6* | F:+2 R:+4* W:+3 | Init +2 | Perc +2, SM +1 | Speed 15 ft., Climb 15 ft, Swim 15 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Rothmhar sits on Haji's shoulder. He hisses at the ghost.


| HP: 7/7, Ectoplasmic DR 5/slashing | Ectoplasmic AC 14 (T12, FF 12), Incorporeal AC 15 (T15, FF 10) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+0 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +0, Social +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: Ectoplasmic

Master Piggart growls back at the rat.


| HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 12) (+1 vs. robots) | SR: 7 | CMB: -3 CMD: 10 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 | Init +4 | Perc +3, SM +3 (+7 if MP in head), Diplomacy +1 (+4 if MP in head), Social +1 | Speed 30 ft., Burrow 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/2, Minor Image: 3/3, Sleep: 3/3, Suggestion: 1/1 | At Will: Detect Magic, Invisibility, Pooka Dust | Active Conditions: Invisible (1 minute), Shared Consciousness

Valeria raises her paws and hisses at the rat!


| HP: 11/11 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (+11 near Rothmhar), SM +4 (+6 near Rothmhar), Bluff -2, Diplomacy -2, Intimidate +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2, Spirit Magic: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Touch of Acid: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

"Settle down you," Haji tells Rothmhar.


| HP: 10/10 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+1 R:+4 W:+1 | Init +2 | Perc +5, SM -1, Bluff +0, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Gadgets: 1st: 2/2 | Inspiration: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

"Whoah!" Nix exclaims as the ghost passes through her. "You ever hear of personal space?!"

As Houndreti leaps over her like a gymnast she shakes her head. "Freak."

Nix turns and heads into the town hall. Seeing the ghost and the pooka hissing at her boyfriend Nix frowns, "What are you, feral? Back off."


Male Elf Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 17 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+1 | Init +6 | Perc +7, SM +1, Social +1 | Speed 35 ft. | Active Conditions: None

"Oh, they're not feral. They're fey. And the other is a ghost." Houndreti explains helpfully.


Male Heavy Horse | HP: 19/19 | AC 15 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | F:+8 R:+7 W:+3 | Init +4 | Perc +8, SM +3 | Speed 50 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Brownie walks into the building and nudges Nix out of the way.


| HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 12) (+1 vs. robots) | SR: 7 | CMB: -3 CMD: 10 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 | Init +4 | Perc +3, SM +3 (+7 if MP in head), Diplomacy +1 (+4 if MP in head), Social +1 | Speed 30 ft., Burrow 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/2, Minor Image: 3/3, Sleep: 3/3, Suggestion: 1/1 | At Will: Detect Magic, Invisibility, Pooka Dust | Active Conditions: Invisible (1 minute), Shared Consciousness

Valeria sticks her paws on her hips. "Feral?!?" she huffs. "I'm hissing at the ugly rat that hissed at me! He started it! I'm NOT feral! I'm amazing! You'll never meet another creature like ME!"


| HP: 7/7, Ectoplasmic DR 5/slashing | Ectoplasmic AC 14 (T12, FF 12), Incorporeal AC 15 (T15, FF 10) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+0 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +0, Social +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: Ectoplasmic

Master Piggart stands between Valeria and Nix. "She is an amazing fey!"


| HP: 11/11 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (+11 near Rothmhar), SM +4 (+6 near Rothmhar), Bluff -2, Diplomacy -2, Intimidate +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2, Spirit Magic: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Touch of Acid: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

"Well, if you say so, Ghost Guy." He nods at Nix. "Come on, Nix. We've got work to do."


| HP: 10/10 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+1 R:+4 W:+1 | Init +2 | Perc +5, SM -1, Bluff +0, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Gadgets: 1st: 2/2 | Inspiration: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

Nix nods and follows Haji off to see the Town Council.


Male Elf Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 17 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+1 | Init +6 | Perc +7, SM +1, Social +1 | Speed 35 ft. | Active Conditions: None

"You're going the same place we are? Are you going to explore the caves and save Torch? How nice! Let's go together."


| HP: 11/11 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (+11 near Rothmhar), SM +4 (+6 near Rothmhar), Bluff -2, Diplomacy -2, Intimidate +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2, Spirit Magic: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Touch of Acid: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

"Well, I think that's the plan."


| HP: 5/5 | AC 16 (T14, FF 14) | CMB: +0 CMD: 6* | F:+2 R:+4* W:+3 | Init +2 | Perc +2, SM +1 | Speed 15 ft., Climb 15 ft, Swim 15 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Rothmhar licks his paws.

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

The town hall, one of Torch's grander buildings and it's secondary garrison, stands watch over the eastern road. Torch is governed by a council of five of it's most prominent citizens. And it is these people you've come to see.

Knowledge (Local) or Knowledge (History) DC 15:

Torches five councillors are: Dolga Freddert, owner of Dolga's Foundry and Torch's oldest councilor, she was present at Torch's founding nearly a century ago. Joram Kyte, priest and leader of the temple of Brigh, a friendly man and an innovative and skilled craftsman in his own right. Bazlundi Otterbie, granddaughter of Orm Otterbie, an ex-crusader from Mendev who settled in Torch. Bazlundi is the leader of a consortium of merchants in town, a position she inherited from her grandfather when he passed away several years ago. Soceal Murgrave, proprietor of the Evercandle Inn, so named for the strange alchemical candles which light it's rooms. The light from these candles never diminish and the candles themselves never melt down. And finally Khonnir Baine, Torch's resident Wizard and owner of the Foundry Tavern. "The Foundry" as it is often called is one of Torch's most popular hangouts and Khonnir himself often shows off new inventions, either mechanical or magical, here. The Foundry boasts it's own forge, which Khonnir often rents out for visiting smiths to use.

Entering the building you find yourselves in a vast stone entryroom large enough to be used for town meetings or weddings. Although it is lined with chairs during such occasions, today it is open and still. There's some comfortable couches along the outer walls, and a large desk near the entrance. Here sits a woman who cradles her head in her hands.

"Ugh... Please keep it quiet. My head hurts." she groans. Eventually she looks up at you. At the sight of such strange people she lets out a shriek of panic. "Eeek!"

..Seeing that none of you are trying to harm her -- at the moment -- she settles back down in her seat nervously. "What.. d-d-do you want..?" she squeaks. "I mean... Welcome to Torch's Town Hall. How can I... help you?"

Haji:
You know that one of the Town Councilor's is Khonnir Baine, Torch's resident Wizard and owner of the Foundry Tavern. "The Foundry" as it is often called is one of Torch's most popular hangouts and Khonnir himself often shows off new inventions, either mechanical or magical, here. The Foundry boasts it's own forge, which Khonnir often rents out for visiting smiths to use. Recently, Khonnir discovered a series of caves under Torch and brought home a broken robot. Others went into the caves but never returned. Khonnir went back to the caves just last week and never returned. He left behind his daughter, Val.

Valeria:
you heard that the mechanical creature Councilman Baine found under the hill wasn’t the only one. Others have been crawling out of the ground around town and attacking people! The horror! And you bet that robot of Baine's killed him, too! They've got to be stopped!

Houndreti:
Although you don't know much about what's going on in town -- only that the Torch went out and people are starving -- you have heard some rumours about the wilds. Ratfolk bandits have been becoming more and more of a problem on the roads to the east. This could be trouble for Torch.

Nix:
A pair of dwarves got drunk at the Foundry a few nights ago and went up to Black Hill to drink some of the sludge up there on a dare. One of them grew a lot stronger for a few minutes after drinking the stuff, but the other one nearly died after the fluids burnt a hole in his gut!


| HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 12) (+1 vs. robots) | SR: 7 | CMB: -3 CMD: 10 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 | Init +4 | Perc +3, SM +3 (+7 if MP in head), Diplomacy +1 (+4 if MP in head), Social +1 | Speed 30 ft., Burrow 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/2, Minor Image: 3/3, Sleep: 3/3, Suggestion: 1/1 | At Will: Detect Magic, Invisibility, Pooka Dust | Active Conditions: Invisible (1 minute), Shared Consciousness

"Hey, I'm going there too!" says Valeria.

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

"Uh, I'm here to stop the ROBOTS! And get that cash!" She smiles. "And don't worry. The ghost isn't going to hurt you."


| HP: 7/7, Ectoplasmic DR 5/slashing | Ectoplasmic AC 14 (T12, FF 12), Incorporeal AC 15 (T15, FF 10) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+0 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +0, Social +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: Ectoplasmic

Master Piggart makes a scary face. "She is wrong. I will harm you if you touch her."


| HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 12) (+1 vs. robots) | SR: 7 | CMB: -3 CMD: 10 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 | Init +4 | Perc +3, SM +3 (+7 if MP in head), Diplomacy +1 (+4 if MP in head), Social +1 | Speed 30 ft., Burrow 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/2, Minor Image: 3/3, Sleep: 3/3, Suggestion: 1/1 | At Will: Detect Magic, Invisibility, Pooka Dust | Active Conditions: Invisible (1 minute), Shared Consciousness

Valeria flies into Master Piggart's gooey arms and gives him a hug. "Auw! You're sweet!"

She smiles!


| HP: 7/7, Ectoplasmic DR 5/slashing | Ectoplasmic AC 14 (T12, FF 12), Incorporeal AC 15 (T15, FF 10) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+0 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +0, Social +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: Ectoplasmic

Master Piggart smiles and cuddles Valeria. "Thank you."

Over her shoulder he glares at the receptionist.


Male Elf Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 17 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F:+3 R:+6 W:+1 | Init +6 | Perc +7, SM +1, Social +1 | Speed 35 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Houndreti smiles. "I'm here to explore those caves and help bring back the fire. And stop the ratfolk bandits, too. They're a problem, you know."


| HP: 11/11 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (+11 near Rothmhar), SM +4 (+6 near Rothmhar), Bluff -2, Diplomacy -2, Intimidate +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2, Spirit Magic: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Touch of Acid: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

"I'm here to find my friend. Khonnir Baine. I suppose the case reward doesn't hurt either. Right Nix?"


| HP: 5/5 | AC 16 (T14, FF 14) | CMB: +0 CMD: 6* | F:+2 R:+4* W:+3 | Init +2 | Perc +2, SM +1 | Speed 15 ft., Climb 15 ft, Swim 15 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Rothmhar looks at the woman curiously when she shrieks.


| HP: 10/10 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+1 R:+4 W:+1 | Init +2 | Perc +5, SM -1, Bluff +0, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Gadgets: 1st: 2/2 | Inspiration: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

"Right!" Nix points at Haji. "I'm with him."

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

The woman sighs in relief. "Oh! Yes, of course. Please, follow me."

The woman leads the way through the entry room, down a hall, and open the door to an office. "Councilwoman Freddert? There's some folks here to see you."

"Send them in, Bailey." a gruff woman's voice replies.

Bailey holds open the door while everyone files in, then shuts the door and leaves. In the room is a wrinkled old dwarven woman sitting alone behind a desk piled high with paperwork. Incongruously, an admantine warhammer leans against the desk as well. The tough-looking dwarven woman raises an eyebrow as you come in before waving you to take a seat on the bench in front of her desk -- a bench which could hold three at best.

"Please excuse the mess," she says "Joram and Bazlundi are currently on the Hill, trying to find a solution to our waste disposal problem now that the Flame has gone out. Soceal is home sick with a splitting headache for the third time this week. And with Khonnir missing, I find myself doing the work of five." She sighs before asking "So what can I help you with?"


| HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 12) (+1 vs. robots) | SR: 7 | CMB: -3 CMD: 10 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 | Init +4 | Perc +3, SM +3 (+7 if MP in head), Diplomacy +1 (+4 if MP in head), Social +1 | Speed 30 ft., Burrow 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/2, Minor Image: 3/3, Sleep: 3/3, Suggestion: 1/1 | At Will: Detect Magic, Invisibility, Pooka Dust | Active Conditions: Invisible (1 minute), Shared Consciousness

"My burrow's freezing without the fire! I'm here to crank up the heat and get that flame going!" She nods her head. "I live on the hill, you know!"


| HP: 7/7, Ectoplasmic DR 5/slashing | Ectoplasmic AC 14 (T12, FF 12), Incorporeal AC 15 (T15, FF 10) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+0 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +0, Social +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: Ectoplasmic

"Where is the entrance to the caverns?" Master Piggart asks seriously.

1 to 50 of 168 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Family Game - Iron Gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.