Wrath of the Righteous

Game Master Kevin O'Rourke 440

Current Fight

The Divine Treasury


1 to 50 of 2,234 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

For several weeks, excitement has been building in Kenabres—Armasse is coming! Traditionally an opportunity for scholars and priests to come together to study the lessons of history from wars past, since Aroden’s death, this holy day has become more about training commoners in weaponry, choosing squires, and ordaining new priests. Over time, Armasse has grown to encompass jousting competitions, mock duels, battle reenactments, and other festival events. In Kenabres, the festiva (which takes place on 16 Arodus) is eagerly anticipated, for it provides distractions from the horrors of being on the front line of the war. Smiles on faces normally marred by downcast eyes and furrowed brows do wonders for city morale in the weeks leading up to the event.

Armasse is a citywide celebration, but the majority of the event, including its jousting matches and other entertainments, takes place at Clydwell Plaza, just west of the cathedral but for now our unwitting heroes could be in other locations in the city.


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

Claire Calloway squeezes past the many patrons of the Lucky Bar. She was sixteen and curvy, with amber eyes and a bright smile. She wears her absurdly long wavy blonde hair pulled back into a thick braid, tied with a big pink bow. Atop her head is a pink hat decorated with colourful flowers, and a rainbow of ribbons dangling off the back. She wears low-cut, trampy clothes in a riot of colours, with frilly sleeves, and the shortest skirt ever worn in public. Her armour is little more than shoulder pads and a bustier that she’s painted in a swirling pattern of gold, pink, and purple. Nestled in her cleavage is a necklace with an amber coloured piece of glass at its centre that seems to swirl and bubble from within. She wears a bright and shiny silver belt buckle of a frothing mug, and on her hips is a dented copper tankard, and a fancy looking rapier with a rainbow of sparkling ribbons dangling of its pommel. She wears high-heeled armoured boots that go halfway up her thighs — which look both badass and incredibly impractical.

"Excuse me! Pardon me! Coming through!"

To many the Lucky Bar was just that: a local pub to pass the time, have a drink, and relax before heading back out on patrol. But to Claire it was home. Her mother owned it, and she worked there. She spent her childhood there, playing on the wooden floors in amongst the tables. She was waitressing by the time she was six, and was behind the bar mixing drinks by eight. Tales of the crusades and bawdy jokes were her bedtime stories. The raucous sounds of late-night parties were her lullabies. The smell of beer? Warm and cozy, like embracing an old friend.

Claire had painted the plaques that hung on the walls herself. She had taken the encouraging messages from her dreams. "Be good. Do good." "Freedom!" "Celebrate life." "Live, love, drink." That sort of thing. She painted them in a rainbow of colours and sparkles. Added some shiny gold enamel. It made the place look cheery! Welcoming! Her own. Even the sign outside was hers. Her Mom had named the bar, of course, but the sign was all Claire's. She modelled it after a gift her father had given her before she was born. A silver chew toy depicting a mug overflowing with ale. Of course it turns out that wasn't a chew toy at all, it was a holy symbol of Cayden Cailean, a god who -- if her talking bird was to be believed -- was her very own father. Holy symbol or not, Claire had added some improvements to her sign. Her mug poured out rainbows and hearts. It was nicer that way!

Most of the people here were familiar to her. Friends or long-time patrons who were practically family. Other were new -- nothing strange in Kenabres. Soldiers came and went. Some returned. Others didn't. It was the way of things.

Suddenly her eyes widen, and she blushes brightly. "Eeek!" she squeals. "Watch the hands, Mac!" She slaps away Old Mac's unwanted attention, but the lecherous old coot only chuckles.

Ugh, creeper! Did he have crab claws for fingers? Her butt would be hurting for a week!

She pouts and rubs her sore butt. Honestly, who pinches?

Finally at the door Claire tosses a hand up in the air. "Bye, Mom! I'll be back late!"

Before her mother can protest Claire rushes out the door.

A moment later she pops her head back inside and hisses, "Hurry up, Ally! We're going to miss it!"


Male Caypup Emissary of Cayden Cailean | HP: 38/40 | AC 18, T11, FF18 | CMB: +8 CMD: 18 | F:+8 R:+2* W:+8 | Init +4 | Perc +5, SM +2, Diplomacy +9, Intimidate -2 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 50 ft. (+15) | Religion +10 | Elysium's Call 1/1, Share Will 1/1, Thunderous Growl 2/3 | Knock: 3/3, Open/Close: 3/3, Stabilize: 3/3, Dimension Door: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

A fat, brown bird sits perched on the edge of a tankard of ale. He peeks his head up at the sound of Claire's voice.

"Huh? What..?" the fat little bird mutters drunkenly. "Just one more sip..." It sticks its head back in the mug, sucks up some more ale, then pops its head back out. The bird lets out a massive belch and sighs in satisfaction.

It looks around to see Claire's half-way out the door. "Hey, wait for me!" the bird exclaims. It's voice sounds like that of a little boy.

With a groan of effort the fat little bird flies over to Claire, crash lands in her cleavage, and chirps up at her. "As if you were going to leave me. Me! The nerve! Listen girlie, you wouldn't be nothin' without me! You hear?"


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

Claire laughs. "I've got a shoulder, you know." She plucks the fat little bird out of her cleavage and puts it on her shoulder. "There. Most birds would be happy for a shoulder."

She hurries down the crowded streets of Kenabres, on her way to Clydwell Plaza.


Male Caypup Emissary of Cayden Cailean | HP: 38/40 | AC 18, T11, FF18 | CMB: +8 CMD: 18 | F:+8 R:+2* W:+8 | Init +4 | Perc +5, SM +2, Diplomacy +9, Intimidate -2 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 50 ft. (+15) | Religion +10 | Elysium's Call 1/1, Share Will 1/1, Thunderous Growl 2/3 | Knock: 3/3, Open/Close: 3/3, Stabilize: 3/3, Dimension Door: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Most birds are stupid." The bird retorts. "Besides! I'm no bird! I'm a raging ball of fury! Marauder of the Worldwound! Descendant of Little Thunder! All-Around Amazing Guy!" He puffs up his feathers with pride. "I am Alistair, the Fierce and Terrible! AHAHAHAHA!" Despite it's attempt at a manly bellow, the little birds laughter comes out a melodic trill.


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

Claire grins and pats the little bird on the head. Then she stops in her tracks, looks around the plaza, and tries to find an open spot in the stands. She wanted to have a good seat for the jousting competition!

She puts a hand to her forehead to block out the sun and scans the bleachers...

There had to be an open seat somewhere!


HP 75/75 | AC 21 T 17 FF 15 | F +10 R +12 W +11* | CMB +8 CMD 25 | Init +8 Perc +2 | Smite 2/3 | LoH 5/6 (3d6) | Divine Bond 1/1 | Glitterdust 1/1 | MP 0/7 | +1 Arrows 50 | Cold Iron Arrows 113 | Blunt Arrows 20 | Cold Iron Blunt Arrows 20

The apple, lusciously green and brimming with the promise of juicy, sour-sweet flesh, falls carefree through the air, not dreaming for a moment of its eudicot existence the terrible fate about to befall it.

Ignorance is bliss.

With a thrum, the arrow flies, whistling through the air a mere fraction of a second before striking clean through the falling fruit and disrupting its earthbound trajectory. A wet crunching sound, and the apple is swept away by the arrow, which buries its barbed head deep into the straw bale target, leaving a spray of sticky apple juice in its wake.

”Not bad!” Cotswald calls from beside the range. ”If demons was apples the war’d be done!” As if to deliver a further blow against the forces of darkness, the young soldier selects another from the basket before him and bites into it.

”Cut it out! Them ain't for us!” Sariel cries with mock consternation, claiming one for himself. ”Hells,” he says through a mouthful, ”If the war were done, we'd be out’v a job. What'd we do then, ey?”

”Grow apples, o’ course!” the younger boy replies. ”Get wives. Grow fat. Grow old.”

Sariel squints his eyes at Cotswald. ”Gods, man! Most blokes’s unlucky enough to end up wif two, ‘n you're hopin’ t’be cursed wif all free! I fink I'd rafer shoot at demons. ‘Specially compared to marryin’ one, ey? Hey, speakin’ o’ demons, there's Claire. Claire!” Sariel brandishes his apple in the air and waves at the pretty and ostentatious young woman, ever hopeful to be noticed by her. He'd sure noticed her many a time in that bar of hers. ”Fancy a shot? Win an apple!” It sounds lame even to his ears, but maybe she'd find it charming...


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

Claire turns to see some of the soldiers waving at her. She smiles and waves back. "Hi!"

"I wonder who that is..." She remarks quietly to the bird on her shoulder. "I can't tell from here."

She makes her way through the crowd, weaving past some people, and bumping into others. "Oops! Sorry! Pardon me! Excuse me! Woopsie!"


Male Caypup Emissary of Cayden Cailean | HP: 38/40 | AC 18, T11, FF18 | CMB: +8 CMD: 18 | F:+8 R:+2* W:+8 | Init +4 | Perc +5, SM +2, Diplomacy +9, Intimidate -2 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 50 ft. (+15) | Religion +10 | Elysium's Call 1/1, Share Will 1/1, Thunderous Growl 2/3 | Knock: 3/3, Open/Close: 3/3, Stabilize: 3/3, Dimension Door: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Why bother?" Alistair complains. "These guys are all the same! Big, dumb, and ugly! You know they only want one thing, right?"

The bird looks rather disgruntled.


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

"A friend?" Claire asks. Tumbling out of the crowd Claire finally gets a look at the soldiers. It was Sariel! And his friend... Cotswald! Yes, that was it! They came by her home sometimes. And Sariel was always so nice to her.

"Hi there!" she exclaims happily. "A game? Oh, I'd love to play." She looks around. "Where do I need to stand?"


Male Caypup Emissary of Cayden Cailean | HP: 38/40 | AC 18, T11, FF18 | CMB: +8 CMD: 18 | F:+8 R:+2* W:+8 | Init +4 | Perc +5, SM +2, Diplomacy +9, Intimidate -2 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 50 ft. (+15) | Religion +10 | Elysium's Call 1/1, Share Will 1/1, Thunderous Growl 2/3 | Knock: 3/3, Open/Close: 3/3, Stabilize: 3/3, Dimension Door: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Alistair leans over and chirps something into Claire's ear.


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

Claire blushes bright red.


HP 75/75 | AC 21 T 17 FF 15 | F +10 R +12 W +11* | CMB +8 CMD 25 | Init +8 Perc +2 | Smite 2/3 | LoH 5/6 (3d6) | Divine Bond 1/1 | Glitterdust 1/1 | MP 0/7 | +1 Arrows 50 | Cold Iron Arrows 113 | Blunt Arrows 20 | Cold Iron Blunt Arrows 20

Both of the young soldiers seem surprised that Claire's actually interested, tripping over each other to help her first.

"Let me--"

"I've got it--"

"Watch it!"

"You guard th'apples!"

"You fetch th'arrow!"

"There y'are. Just so," Sariel says to Claire with a foolish grin as he trips Cotswald to the ground. The latter, a bulky but handsome half-elf, scowls and climbs to his feet, brushing straw and dust from his his tunic before stomping across the range to pull the arrow and apple from the target.

Sariel, a tall and lanky youth with short, unkept brown hair, perfect teeth, and a winning smile, offers Claire a bow, then makes sure to stand behind her as he guides her arms in the proper motion for shooting. "You're a nat'ral! Been shootin' long?" Claire's arm knocks his helmet askew, but he doesn't seem to notice. "Feet wider apart, dun' wanna lose yer balance and topple over."

"It's important ter draw th' string wif free fingers, 'n pull it back s'far as ya can," he explains, oblivious that a girl as pretty as Claire might know how to shoot. He ignores the bird.

Cotswald, standing aside, echoes instructions.

"...focus on th'spot!"
"...follow through!"
"...float yer aim!"

Sariel keeps his hands on Claire's waist. "Take a practice shot first."


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

Claire, completely oblivious that the soldiers are bickering because of her, just smiles. "Over here? Like this? Got it!"

He's so handsome!

"Thanks! Oh, I try to practise, but my Mom doesn't want me to join the army. She'd rather I get into the clergy. It's safer, I guess."

Claire, who is perfectly capable of using a bow, holds it steady and lets an arrow fly.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

"Yeah!" she exclaims with a whoop, jumping in glee. "Was that alright?" she asks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Caypup Emissary of Cayden Cailean | HP: 38/40 | AC 18, T11, FF18 | CMB: +8 CMD: 18 | F:+8 R:+2* W:+8 | Init +4 | Perc +5, SM +2, Diplomacy +9, Intimidate -2 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 50 ft. (+15) | Religion +10 | Elysium's Call 1/1, Share Will 1/1, Thunderous Growl 2/3 | Knock: 3/3, Open/Close: 3/3, Stabilize: 3/3, Dimension Door: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Meanwhile, Alistair the Fierce and Terrible is most distressed. He flies off of Claire's shoulder -- wobbling mid-flight -- and right into Sariel's face.

"HEY! Back off, man! Get lost! She's mine!" he chirps in his melodic little boy voice.

He swoops down to where Sariel's hands on are on Claire's waist and starts to peck at his fingers. "MITTS OFF!"

Furious at being ignored he flies up onto Sariel's helmet, and starts grunting and groaning. With great effort a white glob of bird poop drips from the bird onto Sariel's helmet.

"HA! TAKE THAT!"

Unfortunately a moment later, Claire's elbow knocks Sariel's helmet askew and he doesn't even notice.

"Stupid fool," Alistair mutters.

Defeated, Alistair the Fierce and Terrible flies onto Claire's shoulder and starts chirping in her ear.

"This guy's a tool!"


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

"Ally!" Claire hisses. "Be nice!"

She turns to Sariel in embarrassment. "I am so sorry! Don't mind him..."

How embarrassing!

Then Claire gets ready to take her 'official' shot at the apple...

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


HP 75/75 | AC 21 T 17 FF 15 | F +10 R +12 W +11* | CMB +8 CMD 25 | Init +8 Perc +2 | Smite 2/3 | LoH 5/6 (3d6) | Divine Bond 1/1 | Glitterdust 1/1 | MP 0/7 | +1 Arrows 50 | Cold Iron Arrows 113 | Blunt Arrows 20 | Cold Iron Blunt Arrows 20

Claire's arrow spears her apple, leaving it pinned to the straw bale. Both boys stare.

At last, Alistair brings Sariel back. "Alright, alright, yeesh!" Sariel throws his hands up and steps back from Claire, removing his helmet and examining it with a scowl. "Who's yer friend, there? Seems nice. Baby vulture?"

"Don't fink he likes you," Cotswald says. "I'm good wif animals, though, they always like me. Don't you, lil' guy?" He makes cooing noises at Alistair.

"Say, where'd ya learn t'shoot like that?" Sariel asks.


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

As Claire strikes the apple she leaps in the air, pumping her fist in victory. "YAY!!"

She smiles and hands the bow back to Sariel. "Thanks! That was fun. You're a really great teacher," she clasps her hands in front of her and looks down shyly.

Seeing Alistair being a pain she picks him up and cradles him in her hands. "Oh, he's no vulture," Claire remarks with a giggle. "His name is Alistair. He's a caypup and an Emissary of Cayden Cailean. Or, he says he's a caypup, anyway. Looks like a thrush to me." She shrugs. "But, you know birds. They're impossible to argue with." She grins and nods, as if Sariel totally knows how hard it is to argue with birds. "He says my Dad sent him. He might be crazy. I'm not sure."

She smiles at Cotswald as he tries to coo at Alistair, and holds the fat little bird out to him.


Male Caypup Emissary of Cayden Cailean | HP: 38/40 | AC 18, T11, FF18 | CMB: +8 CMD: 18 | F:+8 R:+2* W:+8 | Init +4 | Perc +5, SM +2, Diplomacy +9, Intimidate -2 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 50 ft. (+15) | Religion +10 | Elysium's Call 1/1, Share Will 1/1, Thunderous Growl 2/3 | Knock: 3/3, Open/Close: 3/3, Stabilize: 3/3, Dimension Door: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Touch me and you lose that finger."


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

"Ally! Be nice!" Claire scolds her bird. She pulls him back and plops him onto her shoulder.

She turns to Cotswold. "I'm so sorry about him! He wouldn't really bite your -- " Noticing Sariel's dirtied helmet she gasps and blushes. "Oh! I'm sorry about your helmet! Here, let me take it to get cleaned!" She reaches out and attempts to remove Sariel's helmet. "I can't let you wear that! Not today of all days! I'll have it back to you in a jiffy!"

"Apologize, Ally!" she hisses at her bird.


Male Caypup Emissary of Cayden Cailean | HP: 38/40 | AC 18, T11, FF18 | CMB: +8 CMD: 18 | F:+8 R:+2* W:+8 | Init +4 | Perc +5, SM +2, Diplomacy +9, Intimidate -2 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 50 ft. (+15) | Religion +10 | Elysium's Call 1/1, Share Will 1/1, Thunderous Growl 2/3 | Knock: 3/3, Open/Close: 3/3, Stabilize: 3/3, Dimension Door: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Ha!" The bird peeps. "Don't hold your breath, sweetheart."


Male LG Angel-kin Aasimar Paladin of Ragathiel (Oath of Vengeance) 8 / Champion Tier 2 | HP: 104/104 |Temp hp: 0 AC: 22 (10 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +15, CMD: 25, +2 CMB/CMD vs Demons | F +16, R +7, W +9, SR 13 vs evil | Init: +2 | Per -2, SM +13, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 50ft in full plate | Spells: 1st 2/2 2nd 1/2 | LoH: 4/7 |Smite: 0/3| Rage 1/11 | Mythic 3/7 | Active conditions:

A towering man walks into Clydwell Plaza. The sun glinting gold from his fingernails, a tint on his very skin. His hair moves, regardless of whether the breeze is there to catch it.

He acknowledges the crowd, but does not respond. He does, however, seek someone - or something. And the shaped plane of cold iron on his back and the smouldering expression in his eyes suggests a man who will not be gentle to the object of his search.

I will not cease to hunt them. And they would surely strike here!

He sees some slight commotion up ahead, and begins walking towards it, a sixth sense driving him on.


Guardian Paladin (8-2) Mythic (1/7) Divine Bond (0/1) Smite (0/2) Stone Shield (2/3) Windy Escape (2/3) W (0) HP (107) Saves (12/7/12) AC (26/11/24) LoH 3d6 (2/8) Ch3d6 (0/7) Ch1d6 (0/5) 10ft speed (2/5) Acid/Cold/Elect Resist (5) Initiative (+3) Diplomacy, Sense Motive (+12) K-Nob (+9) Perception (+12) K-Religion (+3) Linguistics (+5)

Walking behind Frederic came Kaeldron. The man was lost in thought. Gripped in one hand was his shield, though ‘spear’ was as good a word for it. He wore a suit of chainmail, with pair of gauntlets. One silver, the other cold iron. Recently knighted as a paladin, he was eager to make his way to the square. It would be his first time there not as a squire to his father.

He stopped as he saw Sariel. The man was reputed to be one of the crusade’s most promising archers. He and a group of soldiers were practicing and...was that the girl from the bar? What was it called? The Lucky something of other.

Walking over, he called out ”Sariel! Have they finally made you a sergeant? It looks like they have you training new recruits?” with a smile.


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

Claire looks up as another soldier calls Sariel. She looks back at Sariel and smiles. "Your friends are calling." She slips off with Sariel's helmet, completely forgetting whatever prize she was supposed to have won. As she passes by Kaeldron she gives him a smile and a polite nod, still flushed with embarrassment over the soiled helmet.

Once away from the soldier's Claire looks around, heading for the nearest inn. She smile sweetly at the proprietors and asks for a damp cloth. It takes a few tries but she eventually finds someone helpful.

"Thank you so much. I'll bring it right back!"

Claire heads outside and gets to work cleaning Sariel's helmet. She scrubs with her cloth, determined to make it gleam for the festival!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Half-orc Paladin 8/Mythic Marshal Tier 2 ~ AC 22 (t 11, ff 19) | F+13, R+9, W+12 | Init +6 | Per +12 | MP: 0/5 | LoH: 3/6 | "Rage:" 5/10 | Smite: 3/3 | HP 74/81
Anaba:
AC 22 (t 15, ff 17) | F+7(9), R+4(6), W+2(4) | Perc +6 | HP: 62/66

"And so you see, even though Vildeis cut out his own eyes, his faith is not about self-mortification. It's just that scars and other lasting injuries should not be hidden so that they remain a visible reminder of our struggles to purge the evil of existence that compelled Vildeis to take his own sight. Our goal is overcome the forces of evil so that Vildeis might again deign to look upon creation. I only have one self-inflicted scar on my body, right over my heart. I wanted to carve Vildeis' holy symbol into my skin to complement my other scars and give them context. But such acts of devotion are not required by those who join Vildeis' faith."

Davok Scarred-Sight forces a smile at the slightly inebriated gnome who sits on a high stool in the Lucky Bar. The gnome drains the last bit of his beer and then stares at its lack of contents.

"Wow. Okay. Good luck with all of that. I have to hit the head," the gnome slurs before hopping down and heading out behind the inn.

The bulky half-orc purses his lips between his two tusks as he watches the gnome leave. "What happened? I thought he was really interested," he says to the female half-orc sitting at the table with him.

Draghis Scarred-Sight smiles gently at her older brother, although she wasn't as large or broad as he was, there were enough similarities between the two that it was obvious to all that they were related. They both had pale gray skin with jet black hair. She pulls hers into a high pony tail while Davok keeps his hair cut short. They both have dark red eyes, pointed ears, and prominent tusks protruding from their lower lips. They even both wear scale mail armor probably smithed by the same craftsman. Her quarterstaff leaning in the corner nearby was dwarfed by his greataxe, however.

Draghis comfortingly puts her arm on Davok's arm. "You're too earnest, Brother. Father always said that Vildeis' ministry is difficult to come to for those who are weary of fighting or those who are more afraid of fighting than they are of what we fight against. Men must be inspired by Vildeis, not rationalized into his faith."

"Surprising no one, you are better at this than I am," Davok smiles, while looking down into his own drink.

"Nonsene! You live Vildeis' ideals every day. People see the convinction in your actions and will seek to know why you make such sacrifices. That is so much more effective for many than a rousing sermon. We will return Vildeis' worship to Sarkoris!"

Davok smiles and finally puts his hand on top of hers. He loves hearing her talk about their work with such passion.

"Speaking of which," she continues, "you should go. See if it is not too late to participate in the Armasse festival. Any influence or funds that you earn will help us."

"So practical, Sister," Davok quips as he rises after pushing the rest of his drink toward her.

"Go!" she insists with a half-smile.

*********

Davok makes his way through Kenabres towards Clydwell Plaza. He is unfamiliar with most of the city since he and his sister have only arrived two days prior. The plan is for Draghis to spend most of her time in the city re-kindling worship of Vildeis in the region, and he will join excursions into the Worldwoud, simultaneously contributing to the re-taking of Sarkoris and earning gold to fund their ministry. The pair were probably the closest of all of their brothers and sisters, their parents traveling through Mendev, parts of Numeria, Ustalav, and the Hold of Belkzen. And once they were old enough, numerous forays into Sarkoris (aka "the Worldwound") itself.

As he traverses the city, Davok recalls many of his father's lamentations that the paladins that inhabit Kenabres today are a far call from the shining crusaders of his father's younger days. Davoks honors and respects his father very much, but he thinks that his father was equally dissatisfied with his fellow crusaders back then, too. It still amazes him that someone as rigid as his father married someone like his mother.

Arriving in the plaza, Davok realizes that he has no idea where to go or who to talk to. His height affords him the ability to see over most crowds, so his eyes naturally settle on a human of unusual appearance but similar height stalking through the crowd. The man is focused on something elsewhere in the plaza, but Davok isn't the sort to pick up on that.

"Pardon me," he says to Frederic. "I am new to the city. Can you tell me where I can sign up for the martial competitions for Armasse?"


Male LG Angel-kin Aasimar Paladin of Ragathiel (Oath of Vengeance) 8 / Champion Tier 2 | HP: 104/104 |Temp hp: 0 AC: 22 (10 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +15, CMD: 25, +2 CMB/CMD vs Demons | F +16, R +7, W +9, SR 13 vs evil | Init: +2 | Per -2, SM +13, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 50ft in full plate | Spells: 1st 2/2 2nd 1/2 | LoH: 4/7 |Smite: 0/3| Rage 1/11 | Mythic 3/7 | Active conditions:

Fredric's attention snaps to the newcomer.

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"Hello. I am new to Kenabres myself."

A martial contest? Hmmm. A good place to assess warriors.

"But I of a mind to find this contest. Shall we seek it together? I am Fredric Fulk.", offering a steel-covered hand with fingernails that appear golden.


Half-orc Paladin 8/Mythic Marshal Tier 2 ~ AC 22 (t 11, ff 19) | F+13, R+9, W+12 | Init +6 | Per +12 | MP: 0/5 | LoH: 3/6 | "Rage:" 5/10 | Smite: 3/3 | HP 74/81
Anaba:
AC 22 (t 15, ff 17) | F+7(9), R+4(6), W+2(4) | Perc +6 | HP: 62/66

Davok notices Frederic's quick appraisal, but he isn't bothered by it. He is used to people in this region not knowing who Vildeis is. And to be fair, he didn't know what Frederic's crossed wing and sword symbolized.

I hope it's not one of those weird religions.

He grips the other paladin's hand in greeting.

"Davok Scarred-Sight. Perhaps someone in that church would know." Davok indicates the towering cathedral nearby.

The Pathfinder wiki says that there's a Clydwell Cathedral, so I'm assuming this plaza is right next to it.


HP 75/75 | AC 21 T 17 FF 15 | F +10 R +12 W +11* | CMB +8 CMD 25 | Init +8 Perc +2 | Smite 2/3 | LoH 5/6 (3d6) | Divine Bond 1/1 | Glitterdust 1/1 | MP 0/7 | +1 Arrows 50 | Cold Iron Arrows 113 | Blunt Arrows 20 | Cold Iron Blunt Arrows 20

Sariel and Cotswald are bickering when Claire returns, though both brush off their tunics and run their hands through their hair when she comes in view.

"Thanks, Claire! I've nary seen a helmet so clean. S'like new!"

Kaeldren wrote:
”Sariel! Have they finally made you a sergeant? It looks like they have you training new recruits?”

Sariel shoots a shift look at Cotswald and grins. "I--" he begins, but Cotswald jumps in front of him. "We're of th'same rank!" the shorter half-elf pipes. "Privates Piperton 'n, 'n Daore, or Daore, I never figured out how t'pronounce it."

"It's Daore," Sariel says slowly. "How hard can it be?" He shrugs.

"No Kaeldren, he ain't my recruit. We's trainin' tha townsfolk, what those who can't shoot already..." He smiles at Claire. "Can't be too prepared, can we miss? It is miss, innit? I never sawr yer arm around no bloke in tha tavern."


Male LG Angel-kin Aasimar Paladin of Ragathiel (Oath of Vengeance) 8 / Champion Tier 2 | HP: 104/104 |Temp hp: 0 AC: 22 (10 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +15, CMD: 25, +2 CMB/CMD vs Demons | F +16, R +7, W +9, SR 13 vs evil | Init: +2 | Per -2, SM +13, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 50ft in full plate | Spells: 1st 2/2 2nd 1/2 | LoH: 4/7 |Smite: 0/3| Rage 1/11 | Mythic 3/7 | Active conditions:

Fredric returns a firm, functional grip.

"The cathedral makes sense. Let us visit it promptly then."


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

"Oh, you're welcome, Sariel!" She beams, happy that the poor fellows day isn't ruined.

She offers her hand out to Kaeldron. "Hi, I'm Claire. It's nice to meet you." As the other soldiers chat she turns, about to walk away. She didn't want to intrude. But then Sariel asks her another question.

"Hmm? Oh! Yes!" Claire giggles. "It's Miss. I don't have a boyfriend."

She looks at the soldiers. "Are you all competing in the competitions today? You got a sweetheart you're trying to impress?"


Half-orc Paladin 8/Mythic Marshal Tier 2 ~ AC 22 (t 11, ff 19) | F+13, R+9, W+12 | Init +6 | Per +12 | MP: 0/5 | LoH: 3/6 | "Rage:" 5/10 | Smite: 3/3 | HP 74/81
Anaba:
AC 22 (t 15, ff 17) | F+7(9), R+4(6), W+2(4) | Perc +6 | HP: 62/66

Davok makes sure his grip is slightly firmer.

"Agreed."


Guardian Paladin (8-2) Mythic (1/7) Divine Bond (0/1) Smite (0/2) Stone Shield (2/3) Windy Escape (2/3) W (0) HP (107) Saves (12/7/12) AC (26/11/24) LoH 3d6 (2/8) Ch3d6 (0/7) Ch1d6 (0/5) 10ft speed (2/5) Acid/Cold/Elect Resist (5) Initiative (+3) Diplomacy, Sense Motive (+12) K-Nob (+9) Perception (+12) K-Religion (+3) Linguistics (+5)

Kaeldron removed one of his gauntlets and extended his hand in return. ”Kaeldron. A pleasure.”

Claire, was it? Yes, that was right. Sounded familiar. She looked like she was sixteen or seventeen years old, and with her long wavy hair, pink bow in her hair, and colorful fashion, he worried that he might hurt her when shaking her hand. He was a large man, after all, and she was but a girl. The strength of her handshake surprised him. She was stronger than she looked!

He looked at her in quiet surprise as she turned away to address the soldiers once more. From what he had seen with her archery and from the handshake, he concluded that her talents were wasted in a tavern. The crusade could use more youths with talent like her’s.

His attention was drawn away from Claire and the soldiers to a strange sight.

K-Religion Ragatheil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

There was a paladin or Ragathiel, shaking hands with...

K-Religion Vildeis: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

...a half-orc? The man had a holy symbol that he had never seen before. Which wasn’t surprising. Kaeldron has done his level best to not pay attention during his years of ‘study.’

And that was when the idea hit him. Loudly, he said:

”Claire, Sariel. I have an idea for some fun. That, and I’m in the mood to celebrate. I have just earned my Paladinhood and would rather not drink alone. Come!”

Walking up to Davok and Frederic, Kaeldron said with a grin:

”You two! I couldn’t help but over hear that the two of you are going to the contests. You both look strong enough, but my friend Sariel here is the best damn archer in the crusade. If you are game, we’ll go with you to the contests. If either of you can beat both of us, then drinks are on me at the Lucky Bar. And if you don’t, drinks are still on me. But you’ll have to tell me what that is.” He pointed at Davok’s holy symbol. ”As well as what adventures a paladin of Ragathiel has been up to.” As he said the last part, he inwardly prayed that he was correct about the holy symbol. He had been wrong about these things before...


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

"Oh!" Claire exclaims. "Alright!" with a smile she turns to follow Kaeldron.


Male Caypup Emissary of Cayden Cailean | HP: 38/40 | AC 18, T11, FF18 | CMB: +8 CMD: 18 | F:+8 R:+2* W:+8 | Init +4 | Perc +5, SM +2, Diplomacy +9, Intimidate -2 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 50 ft. (+15) | Religion +10 | Elysium's Call 1/1, Share Will 1/1, Thunderous Growl 2/3 | Knock: 3/3, Open/Close: 3/3, Stabilize: 3/3, Dimension Door: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"What?!" Alistair chirps in irritation. "You're just going to follow some stranger without knowing where he's taking you? Why don't we follow him into a dark alley while we're at it? Or a carriage with barred windows? In fact, I bet he's got a real nice puppy at his house! And a whole bag of candy in his cellar!" Alistair shakes his head. "Foolish girl."


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

Claire giggles at Alistair. "Oh, Ally, don't be silly! He's not a stranger. He just said his name was Kaeldron. Besides, Sariel's coming, too."

She pats the fat little bird on his head, ruffling his feathers.


Male Caypup Emissary of Cayden Cailean | HP: 38/40 | AC 18, T11, FF18 | CMB: +8 CMD: 18 | F:+8 R:+2* W:+8 | Init +4 | Perc +5, SM +2, Diplomacy +9, Intimidate -2 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 50 ft. (+15) | Religion +10 | Elysium's Call 1/1, Share Will 1/1, Thunderous Growl 2/3 | Knock: 3/3, Open/Close: 3/3, Stabilize: 3/3, Dimension Door: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Oh, well I guess that makes it alright then... NOT!" Alistair shrieks. "You shouldn't trust that guy either! Mark my words, they're up to no good!"


HP 75/75 | AC 21 T 17 FF 15 | F +10 R +12 W +11* | CMB +8 CMD 25 | Init +8 Perc +2 | Smite 2/3 | LoH 5/6 (3d6) | Divine Bond 1/1 | Glitterdust 1/1 | MP 0/7 | +1 Arrows 50 | Cold Iron Arrows 113 | Blunt Arrows 20 | Cold Iron Blunt Arrows 20
Claire wrote:
"Are you all competing in the competitions today? You got a sweetheart you're trying to impress?"

Cotswald starts mumbling and adjusting his belt. Sariel grins. "I didn't fink so, but who knows. 'Afore the day's done, I might."

Kaeldron wrote:
”Claire, Sariel. I have an idea for some fun. That, and I’m in the mood to celebrate. I have just earned my Paladinhood and would rather not drink alone. Come!”

"A paladin! Right proper!" Sariel thus far had been lucky to be ordered to clean his corporal's boots. He was a long way from ever being called a paladin of Erastil. He and Cotswald both salute. Sariel dons his helmet again. "Private Cotswald, guard tha straw. I'll return right quick, after dealin' wit' this urgent matter for Master Kaeldron!"

"But--"

"It's your turn!" Sariel talks over his protestation. "I cleaned tha horse stalls last week so you could take leave. I'll bring ya a pie." He claims his bow and quiver and follows Kaeldron and Claire. And Alistair.


Guardian Paladin (8-2) Mythic (1/7) Divine Bond (0/1) Smite (0/2) Stone Shield (2/3) Windy Escape (2/3) W (0) HP (107) Saves (12/7/12) AC (26/11/24) LoH 3d6 (2/8) Ch3d6 (0/7) Ch1d6 (0/5) 10ft speed (2/5) Acid/Cold/Elect Resist (5) Initiative (+3) Diplomacy, Sense Motive (+12) K-Nob (+9) Perception (+12) K-Religion (+3) Linguistics (+5)

Intelligence: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14

Kaeldron stopped in his tracks and turned to look at both Claire and Alistair. The gears in his head turned as he regarded the duo. Finally, he looked to the bird and said:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

"I know not whom you are, or what you are. But I am Sir Kaeldron Darahan, and I apologize if I have offended you. I give you my word, as both a paladin-" it still felt odd for him to say it. It felt like he hadn't quite earned the title yet, but at the same time, it was exhilarating to say it. "-and by my blood, I assure you that my intentions are pure. In this offer of celebration, I extend the invitation to you as well."


Male LG Angel-kin Aasimar Paladin of Ragathiel (Oath of Vengeance) 8 / Champion Tier 2 | HP: 104/104 |Temp hp: 0 AC: 22 (10 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +15, CMD: 25, +2 CMB/CMD vs Demons | F +16, R +7, W +9, SR 13 vs evil | Init: +2 | Per -2, SM +13, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 50ft in full plate | Spells: 1st 2/2 2nd 1/2 | LoH: 4/7 |Smite: 0/3| Rage 1/11 | Mythic 3/7 | Active conditions:

Fredric feels the orc's firm grip, and judges him to be of roughly comparable strength to himself.

And then, he hears the call of a nearby warrior.

He turns, to see an odd trio...quartet?...as the warrior turns to apologise to a bird?.

His curiosity stoked, Fredric says to Davok.

"I believe this could prove worthy contest. And an intriguing story."


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

Claire smiles at Kaeldron a little dreamily and puts a hand to her heart. "Auuuwwww! You're so sweet!" She looks to the bird on her shoulder. "Isn't that sweet, Ally? I told you they were nice!"


Male Caypup Emissary of Cayden Cailean | HP: 38/40 | AC 18, T11, FF18 | CMB: +8 CMD: 18 | F:+8 R:+2* W:+8 | Init +4 | Perc +5, SM +2, Diplomacy +9, Intimidate -2 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 50 ft. (+15) | Religion +10 | Elysium's Call 1/1, Share Will 1/1, Thunderous Growl 2/3 | Knock: 3/3, Open/Close: 3/3, Stabilize: 3/3, Dimension Door: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Alistair narrows his eyes at Kaeldron -- an impressive feat for a fat little bird. "Bite me."


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

Claire gasps and blushes in embarrassment. "I am SO sorry. He's a little overprotective."

Changing the topic she asks. "So you're all going to compete? That sounds like such fun! Where will you start? I'd love to watch!"


Male LG Angel-kin Aasimar Paladin of Ragathiel (Oath of Vengeance) 8 / Champion Tier 2 | HP: 104/104 |Temp hp: 0 AC: 22 (10 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +15, CMD: 25, +2 CMB/CMD vs Demons | F +16, R +7, W +9, SR 13 vs evil | Init: +2 | Per -2, SM +13, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 50ft in full plate | Spells: 1st 2/2 2nd 1/2 | LoH: 4/7 |Smite: 0/3| Rage 1/11 | Mythic 3/7 | Active conditions:

Fredric eyes up the newcomers, thinking through the names that he has overheard.

Sariel. Sir Kaeldron Darahan. The unnamed girl. And "Ally".

And then the girl addresses him and Davok, while Kaeldron is distracted speaking with the bird.

He replies while doing his best not to appear intimidating.

"Aye, I will accept Sir Kaeldron's offer. I would test myself in fair contest against any who wish to, while we have this opportunity. I also believe it worth keeping an eye out for foes. Ally there has a point, even if he is likely misjudging Sir Kaeldron."

He composes himself a moment, appraising the form in front of him.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

While garish, there is certainly *something* unusual about this one.

"I would have your name, Miss, if you would share it, and I would understand you and 'Ally' better. I am Fredric Fulk, and as Sir Kaeldron surmised, I am indeed a Paladin of Ragathiel, the General of Vengeance."


Half-orc Paladin 8/Mythic Marshal Tier 2 ~ AC 22 (t 11, ff 19) | F+13, R+9, W+12 | Init +6 | Per +12 | MP: 0/5 | LoH: 3/6 | "Rage:" 5/10 | Smite: 3/3 | HP 74/81
Anaba:
AC 22 (t 15, ff 17) | F+7(9), R+4(6), W+2(4) | Perc +6 | HP: 62/66
Kaeldron wrote:
”You two! I couldn’t help but over hear that the two of you are going to the contests. You both look strong enough, but my friend Sariel here is the best damn archer in the crusade. If you are game, we’ll go with you to the contests. If either of you can beat both of us, then drinks are on me at the Lucky Bar. And if you don’t, drinks are still on me. But you’ll have to tell me what that is.”

Davok is ready to talk about his holy symbol immediately, but he considers what his sister has just said about being too earnest.

He gives Kaeldron a solemn nod and agrees to his contest.

Claire Calloway wrote:
Changing the topic she asks. "So you're all going to compete? That sounds like such fun! Where will you start? I'd love to watch!"

"Why only watch? You should compete. It is only sparring, so there is little chance of being hurt."

He considers Kaeldron's words to the small thrush. While it is good to be on good terms with animal spirits, you cannot show them weakness. The ones that are not bullies are tricksters. It is important to show them strength.


HP 75/75 | AC 21 T 17 FF 15 | F +10 R +12 W +11* | CMB +8 CMD 25 | Init +8 Perc +2 | Smite 2/3 | LoH 5/6 (3d6) | Divine Bond 1/1 | Glitterdust 1/1 | MP 0/7 | +1 Arrows 50 | Cold Iron Arrows 113 | Blunt Arrows 20 | Cold Iron Blunt Arrows 20

Sariel greets Fredric and Davok. Another paladin. Sariel snaps his heels together and salutes again. Skipping out on his assignment is beginning to look like a terrible idea. What would happen if word got back to his commanding officer? Still, lying is simply not an option. It not only violates martial protocol, it would be unbecoming of a servant of Erastil. And while he's a long way off from being declared a paladin, he's trying to do much better, really he is. And his reputation, tarnished as it is within the contingent, needs some immediate repair.

"Sariel Daore reportin', sirs. Private First Class."

There. I can be honest but still wifhold all the details. That ain't a lie, is it?


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

"Oh, how rude of me! I'm Claire! Claire Calloway."


Male Caypup Emissary of Cayden Cailean | HP: 38/40 | AC 18, T11, FF18 | CMB: +8 CMD: 18 | F:+8 R:+2* W:+8 | Init +4 | Perc +5, SM +2, Diplomacy +9, Intimidate -2 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 50 ft. (+15) | Religion +10 | Elysium's Call 1/1, Share Will 1/1, Thunderous Growl 2/3 | Knock: 3/3, Open/Close: 3/3, Stabilize: 3/3, Dimension Door: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Cailean."


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

"Calloway."

Claire gives the newcomers a curtsy with her tiny skirt.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

She looks at Fredric. "General of Vengeance? Well, doesn't that sound intimidating!" She grins. "I've never heard of them before. But then, there's a lot I've never heard of." She giggles. "You want to understand me? Well... Alright, I guess. What do you want to know?"

Then she looks at Davok. "Really? You think I should compete with you guys? But, you're all soldiers!" she blushes and looks down at the ground. "I haven't even been through training."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Caypup Emissary of Cayden Cailean | HP: 38/40 | AC 18, T11, FF18 | CMB: +8 CMD: 18 | F:+8 R:+2* W:+8 | Init +4 | Perc +5, SM +2, Diplomacy +9, Intimidate -2 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 50 ft. (+15) | Religion +10 | Elysium's Call 1/1, Share Will 1/1, Thunderous Growl 2/3 | Knock: 3/3, Open/Close: 3/3, Stabilize: 3/3, Dimension Door: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"DO IT!" Alistair chirps in her ear. "Tear 'em to shreds! Unleash your divine birthright! MWAHAHAHAHA!" Alistair's attempt at booming laughter comes out a melodic trill.


| HP: 70/81 | Resistance: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 3, Fire 4 | AC 22 (T13, FF 20) (-2 vs. improvised weapons, +2 vs. evil) | CMB: +11 CMD: 23 (21 vs. dirty tricks) | F:+14* R:+11 W:+14* | Init +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Perc -1, SM -1, Diplomacy +19, Intimidate +5 | Spells: 2nd: 0/2, 1st: 0/2 | Charm Person 0/1, Fortunate Charm 0/1, Heavenly Fire 3/8, Lay on Hands 0/9, Protection from Evil 0/1, Resist Elements: 3/3, Shared Will 1/1, Smite Evil 1/3 | Mythic Power: 3/9 | Active Conditions: Contingent Channel

Claire smiles and shrugs her shoulders. "Well, I guess I could try!" She claps her hands in excitement. "How exciting!"

1 to 50 of 2,234 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wrath of the Righteous All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.