GM TheSilverDreamer's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master TheSilverDreamer

Battle Map | Sandpoint and Outskirts | Lootsheet


551 to 600 of 627 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

Trig readies an action to move closer when those under her Life Link do, so that they're still in range of it if needed.


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

I could have sworn I posted five days ago. That's my bad, folks.

Trig readies an action to stay in Life Link distance if either of her targets move towards the creature.


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Surprise
Morgrym shifts slightly to clear a line of fire, and then fires an arrow down the hall at the FUGLY goblin.

attack: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Only to have the arrow fly down the hall past everything.

Sigh, the RNG seems to hate me no matter what game I am in. :(


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Looking at the map, and not posting from my phone, I can see, that it would have been a wasted shot anyways as I cannot even see the goblin.
GM, if you don't mind, can I retcon it to casting Divine favor on myself ?


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland could move up behind Edamm and take a shot, but I don't want to block Lazur, so holding position for now.


You may revise your action Morgrym

The mutant goblin is taken fully off-guard by the attack, and Edamm's arrow hits home and sticks in its shoulder. It hisses angrily, and yanks the arrow out. Ponok skirts around and takes up a position on the goblin's flank.

Init:

C: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

E: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

L: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

M: 1d20 ⇒ 1

T: 1d20 ⇒ 3

W: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

K: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Lazur and Calin are up before the goblin.


Male Human Investigator 2 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | HP 16/19 | F +2 R +5 W +3| Init +2 | Perc +8/+9 vs Traps

Lazur moves up to flank with the cat and attacks the goblin.

Mwk. Short Sword: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Can't move token on this laptop. If longarm is still active I only need a 5 foot step if not 10'


Male Half elf Male Half Elf Fighter 19 AC , touch 12, flat-footed 17 HP 12/17, Initiative +2

The weird freaky looking goblin was certainly unsettling, but watching the arrow sink into its shoulder settled his nerves. He was going to keep the creatures attention and keep it from harming the others. Setting his shield in front of him he swung wide and low, doing his best to not leave any openings for the monster to get hy his defenses again today.

combat expertise attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 1 = 8
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

AC is temporarily 21 due to combat expertise, Went ahead and moved lazur to his position hope no one mind that i did that for him.


GM Screen:

2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Lazur ref: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

1d4 ⇒ 1

Lazur strikes the goblin clean, but it ignores the pain and steps out of the hate pile. It takes a deep breath, and it makes a weird noise, a gurgling in its stomach, its throat bulges, and it opens its mouth and spews a stream of blood at Lazur; he manages to dodge the worst of it, but where the foul-smelling dirty blood touches him, it burns like acid.

Lazur takes 3 points of acid damage.

Status:

Lazur 16/19 hp
Goblin -8 hp

Everybody is up

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm drops her bow and moves forward as she draws her short sword. She points the blade at the goblin and barks a command at Ponok. She then readies for the cat to get into position.

"Ponok, Inconjura!"

Ponok moves into position and together he and Edamm attack the goblin.

Edamm:
  • short sword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
  • damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Ponok:
  • bite: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
  • damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
  • Trip: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
  • claw 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 potentially against PRONE
  • damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
  • claw 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 potentially against PRONE
  • damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Edamm - free action to drop bow, move action to move forward 10 feet and draw short sword, standard action to ready attack for Ponok to get into position. Readied action goes off.

Ponok] - free action to move 5 ft. into flank, full round action to full attack.

Well, great damage rolls... If they hit. Ugh.


Male Half elf Male Half Elf Fighter 19 AC , touch 12, flat-footed 17 HP 12/17, Initiative +2

combat expertise: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 1 + 2 = 14
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Even though the bile wasnt directs at him he steped to the side and once more made sure the creature was fully surrounded again.

"Keep on it! Dont let it get a moments respite!"

5 foot step to keep it in flank with Lazur, combat expertise to keep his ac at 21


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland moves up, sees the situation, and readies to fire his crossbow if he has a clear shot. No sense wasting the bolts otherwise.

Readied action if enemy has no cover:
Attack, Into Melee: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 4 = 10
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

I'm on my phone and it's giving me trouble on the map, could someone move up Trig to behind Edamm, please?

When Trig saw her companions move up, her readied action to move up as well goes off. She then hustles to behind Edamm, preparing defensive options in case the goblin swings at her.

Aid Another for +2 AC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Or not.

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

I moved Trig. Not sure if that was the limit of your movement but perhaps one more step to be behind Calin, might free up Wayland for a shot next round. Figured I'd mention it.


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

That's fair, my bad. If you could move her out of Wayland's line of fire I'd appreciate it.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Eh, don't plan based on Wayland. Even without cover, his shot into melee is a net -1. If the situation gets dire, he can use his bonded item for another True Strike and whip or bola to trip. Otherwise, he's mostly a spectator in this fight. Low-level wizard and all. I guess he can use Prescience and hope for a 20.

Remaining spells are: Prot Evil, Feather Fall, Burning Hands, and bonded-item anyspell. Basically "boss fight," "pit trap," and "swarm."


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Morgrym hearing the scuffle up ahead, turns and moves forward towards the fighting.

Standard (Move equivalent) - Stow bow, Move forward 20' and draw axe (draw axe in movement - free action)


Botting Lazur

GM Screen:

Lazur attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

E ref: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

T ref: 1d20 ⇒ 11

E fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

T fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Edamm strikes the goblin expertly, and Ponok sets on it, biting and clawing and trying to pull it to the ground. Lazur and Calin both take swings at the goblin and just barely miss.

The goblin shrieks, loud and shrill, and as it scrambles back from Ponok some of the bleeding wounds spontaneously stem. It turns on Edamm, and its shrieking is cut off with a choke, and a belch. Its throat bulges, and once more it sprays a stream of acidic bile.

The bloody humors catch both Edamm and Trig behind her, and neither can quite get out of the way. The acid burns, and with the direct hit she took Edamm is left momentarily retching.

Edamm and Trig each take 6 points of acid damage, and Edamm is nauseated for 1 round.

Status:

Lazur 16/19
Edamm 9/15, Nauseated (1 round)
Trig 15/21
Goblin -24 hp

Party is up.


Male Human Investigator 2 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | HP 16/19 | F +2 R +5 W +3| Init +2 | Perc +8/+9 vs Traps

Lazur attacks the goblin again, though the smell throws his aim off a bit.

Mwk Short Sword TWF 1: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Mwk Short Sword TWF 2: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 = 17 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Sorry, I thought I had gone at the beginning of that round already.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Prescience 2 of 7: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Wayland delays.

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

"Ugh!

Edamm retches as she is covered in the sickening bile. Ponok remains focused on the goblin though and moves in to position to continue the flank. The cat attempts to bite the goblin again and drag him down if possible. Without Edamm's help though Ponok seems unsure about continuing the attack.

Acrobatics:
Ponok: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 trying to avoid the AOO

Ponok Attack:
  • Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
  • Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
  • Trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Edamm takes no actions. Ponok moves 10 ft. with Acrobatics as a move action and bites as a standard actions.

Yeah, that doesn't seem to have been a good idea overall. We'll see what happens.


Male Half elf Male Half Elf Fighter 19 AC , touch 12, flat-footed 17 HP 12/17, Initiative +2

Seeing the creature retch again and all over Edamm and Trig he let out a noiseless snarl. He moved again to get in the creatures way again.

"stay down you dirty creature."

He began once more keeping his shield at the ready as he sent his flail swooping at the goblins feet.

improved trip attack,combat expertise,flank with ponok: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 - 1 + 2 = 28

Combat expertise raises his AC to 21, 5 foot step to keep the monster from the party.

AoO for standing up if it tries: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 1 + 2 = 7
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

Trig snarled as she wiped the bile from her face, her skin red and painful. It got worse when the Life Link activated, restoring Edamm's health and removing it from Trig's vitality. She gritted her teeth and continued trying to help Edamm against the goblin.

Aid another for AC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Success.

Start of turn, Edamm gains 5 hit points, Trig takes 5 from Life Link. Standard to give Edamm +2 to AC.


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Cursing the narrow halls, Morgyrm lumbers up as fast as he can.

Using a double move to get to the corner on the map. Divine Favor 18 / 20 rounds


Lazur jabs the goblin in the throat, not very deep--but deep enough. Calin sweeps around and takes the goblin off its feet, and Morgrym turns the corner just in time to see the goblin go still; and from there, Ponok leaps onto the creature and bites its throat out.

The chamber goes quiet.

Combat over

Status:

Lazur 16/19
Edamm 14/15
Trig 10/21


Male Half elf Male Half Elf Fighter 19 AC , touch 12, flat-footed 17 HP 12/17, Initiative +2

"what in the hells is that! A three armed goblin? Thats not even right."

He began starting at the thing in horror now that it wasnt a threat...

"Eh can you call the cat off miss Edamm. I think we need to bring this up to town, I bet Mister Hosk would pay to see it, he hates goblins with a passion... so do I."

He began turning away and pulling out his water skin to help wash away the gross bile it had spit on a few of the others if they needed it.


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

"That was... disgusting," Trig said as she conjured water Create Water to wash away the bile clinging to her skin. "If you don't see me for a week after we get back, it's because I'm taking not even close to enough baths to get this feeling off my skin."

Once she was soaked to the bone and satisfied the bile was mostly off of her, she would cast Cure Light Wounds on herself.

Cure Light: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 17/21


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland looks at the freakish creature.

"I reckon this must have to do with Nualia's love of Lamashtu. She's got the goblins working for her, and has done something to at least this one. Making it into even more of a monster than it was."

Wayland casts Detect Magic, looking for auras on the goblin or its gear, as well as anything else in the room.

He takes a look at the ancient altar, trying to determine the deity that it is dedicated to.
Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Morgrym looks down at the ugly goblin.

Well, I have never seen one like this before

He then makes his way to the hall, to observe back the way they came.

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm spits out the foulness in her mouth and looks over at the nasty over-large goblin.

"Three arms? she whispers. "And why is it go big? Things under this town are worse than I would have imagined.

Edamm rubs Ponok's fur to say thanks and then moves over to the nearby door to begin seeing if the way is clear.

Perception:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 +1 to locate traps.

Edamm begins looking for traps on the door as well as trying to hear anything that may be happening beyond the door.


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Once the party gets moving, Morgrym ensures the goblins demise by removing the head.

He then gives the corpse a kick for good measure.

Bloody Gobo's, they tend to breed like flies, but I cannot say that I have seen one like this before.


The goblin's gear includes a silver dagger, a masterwork handaxe, and a longsword with a magical aura.

Wayland examines the altar and can say with a great deal of confidence that it is a shrine to Lamashtu. The basin on top of the altar is filled with filthy-looking water. The water emits a magical aura of Necromancy.

Edamm doesn't find any traps on the door, and it is not locked. Through the door, her sharp ears pick up on the sound of a somewhat high-pitched voice talking to themself, but can't quite make out the words, and she also hears what sounds like the bubbling and hissing of water boiling.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland examines the magic sword. Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Was the goblin medium-sized, so one of the PCs could use the sword? If so, perhaps Edamm, Morgrym, or Calin might take it.

"I can open the door from a distance and we can have bows ready. Might be better than charging in there."

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm can use the handaxe a little better, and if no one objects she would take it.

Edamm moves back to the group and motions them back a bit further back around the corner so they can talk. She stays in position to keep an eye on things though. She keeps her voice though in order to keep whatever is beyond the door from hearing them.

"There is something intelligent beyond the door." she whispers. "High-pitched voice, unfortunately I could not make out what was being said. No idea what it might be. Perhaps it would be best for us to have ranged weapons ready and let Wayland open the door at range. Its as good an idea as I have."


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

"Let me try before we bust down a perfectly good door," Trig whispered before moving towards the door. She tapped into her latent Gnomic power that allowed her to understand other languages, and put her ear against the door to try and figure out what they were saying.

1/day SLA Comprehend Languages.

Perception if needed: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

I can work with making a pin cushion of them.

Morgrym loosens his axe, then brings up his long bow.

Now if the RNG would actually behave and let me hit. :)


Male Half elf Male Half Elf Fighter 19 AC , touch 12, flat-footed 17 HP 12/17, Initiative +2

"I'll try to plug the door from whats inside if it comes to that.Also I can use that sword if no one else can."

He began already double checking his armor to make sure everything was in place before nodding to the others torwards the door that noise was emminating from.


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Once the good doctor is done, I suggest that she opens the door, and can hide behind it, while we draw the attention of whatever it is on the other side.

Tests the draw on his bow.

I really got to be more careful when I drop this, there's bad marks on it already.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

"Allow me to open the door from a distance with my magic, so that we are not immediately in reach of whatever is on the other side of that door."


Trig listens closely, and the words form themselves in her mind. The speaker seems reverent, as though in prayer.

"...hear Your word and obey! For You are the darkness which crawls, for You know the truth they would deny, for it is from Your womb that the end of all shall be born! Mother of Demons, Mother of Beasts..."

Know Religion 12:

'Mother of Beasts' is an epithet used for the evil goddess and demon Lord Lamashtu, who is the progenitor and patron for many of the monstrous races in the world.


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

"Whatever it is," Trig stated quietly while moving away from the door. "They're going on about a mother of demons and beasts. Bad news. I'm staying in the back." The Gnome took up position behind everyone and looked at Wayland for him to do his part.

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

"Calin," Edamm whispers. "Blocking the door may work against us. It may keep what ever is in there in, put it will then prevent us from getting past as well. And we would have to shot through you.


Male Human Investigator 2 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | HP 16/19 | F +2 R +5 W +3| Init +2 | Perc +8/+9 vs Traps

"Lamashtu!" Lazur spits out. "Let's kill this foul being! Nothing good worships that demon lord."

Kn: Religion: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 7 + (4) = 30


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Paling at the name of a Lamashtu, Morgrym grimmaces.
Aye, let the foul beasts die so others may live.

He then draws his bow back, and waits for the door to open.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland uses Open/Close to open the doors from 30' away.
I rearranged everyone on the map. Calin in front (best AC) and he can have the magic sword ready. Everybody else with ranged weapons ready. Ponok off to the side and out of sight, can come in to flank if needed.
Everybody okay with that?


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

That works for me


Male Half elf Male Half Elf Fighter 19 AC , touch 12, flat-footed 17 HP 12/17, Initiative +2

Sounds great

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm and Ponok should be good.


GM Screen:

E init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

C init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

M init: 1d20 ⇒ 16

W init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

L init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

T init: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Erylium init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

The door swings open. This huge room looks like nothing more than an immense underground cathedral. Stone doors stand to either side of the main entrance, but beyond this, the walls are carved with strange, spiky runes. In the center of the room is a large pool, with a ring of polished human skulls balanced on stone spikes arranged in a circle around the deeper midsection. At the far end of the room, a pair of stone steps lead up to a pulpit on which sits a second pool, this one triangular and filled with churning, bubbling water that looks almost like translucent lava. Yet while wisps of what looks like heat and steam rise from the strange orange liquid, the room itself is deathly cold.

Before the pool hovers a tiny creature, demonic-looking, with tiny horns and thin batlike wings. At the sound of the door opening, the creature whirls around and she shrieks in anger. "Trespassers! Heretics! You would dare impede on the Mother's sanctum? You'll die for your impudence!"

The creature draws her dagger (itself no more than a needle) and draws the blade across her wrist, allowing a few drops of blood to drip into the bubbling pool. The pool flares with light and furiously boils over. The creature snarls at you and then, in a blink, vanishes from sight.

Party is now up, icon shows last known location before she vanished

Knowledge Planes DC 14:

That creature is a quasit, the bottom of the demonic totem pole. Generally quasits wind up on this plane after being summoned to serve as an evil spellcaster's familiar, and stick around after the spellcaster's death. Quasits are tiny and physically frail, but have personal spellcasting, and are vulnerable to cold iron and good-aligned attacks.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Prescience 3 of 7: 1d20 ⇒ 2 Ability is not being very helpful today... 7, 2, 2.

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 "Quasit. Cold iron or good weapons - maybe Holy Water."

Wayland uses Open/Close to shut the doors again.
"It reacted before we could. But at least now we know what is in there. A flying, invisible foe. We'll need a scroll or two of Faerie Fire." Which Edamm can use.

There is no point in engaging with a flying invisible foe at this level without preparation. It is an exercise in frustration.
Do the doors open out or in? Can we jam them shut?

551 to 600 of 627 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM TheSilverDreamer's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.