Eberron - Echoes of the Past

Game Master Dennis Harry

Whitehearth

The Rose Quarry

Link to Final Post in Original Thread.

The Excavation Site

My House Rules for Hero Points:

Hero Point Mechanics:

1) One permanent Hero Point may be used to avoid a final death scenario allowing a narrow cinematic escape,

2) One temporary Hero Point may be used if you are between -1 and -9 hit points to stabilize yourself to prevent further blood loss,

3) Temporary Hero Points may be expended to power Feats. These grant a lasting bonus for a one scene or one round duration depending on the feat description,

4) One temporary Hero Point grants a character a chance to supplement their d20 roll by 1d6 and add the result (whatever it was - no re-roll) to the d20 result,

Progression system:
Level 1-10 1d6,
Level 11-20 2d6,
Level 21-?? 3d6. and

5) No more than one Hero Point may be expended per round.

Perception:

Viorr [dice]1d20+1[/dice]
Dev [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
EE [dice] 1d20+5[/dice]
Kana [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Frank [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
Zabeth [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Pink-Eye [dice] 1d20+9[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+6[/dice]

Initiative:

Viorr [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Dev [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
EE [dice] 1d20+3[/dice]
Kana [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Frank [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Zabeth [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Pink-Eye [dice] 1d20[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+8[/dice]


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,476 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

the Mournland - Whitehearth Complex - Twenty NINTH Day of Dravago

Gauntlet believes this may well be the Tome that the Artificers used to create the "Stone Wolf". It will require further study to confirm that belief.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP34/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Any useful tidbits from the construction parts here that I can throw in my Magical Haversack for use later to make a stone wolf?? =)


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 3/6 * ammo: 38+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions:

it stands to reason that the remains of the previous stone wolf should be most of what you'd need.
Maybe throw in an adamantine hatch to fill in any material that got completely pulverized? B is going to grab as many as she can fit into the wagon when we pack up to leave, hahah.

Frank pops his head in the doorway.
"Find anything good, guys?" His eyes are drawn to the scrolls and book as they're collected for later review.


Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 7/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~2 hours?)

Without Frank saying a word out loud, Broulnindre replies "Hy'm comink, Hy'm comink!", leaving Meridian behind.
T/N:"I'm coming, I'm coming!"

She takes a look at the golem making supplies, just in case there's something worth at least its weight in silver. (literally >= 5gp per pound)
Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26


Shadow's Status
Gauntlet of Sharn wrote:
Any useful tidbits from the construction parts here that I can throw in my Magical Haversack for use later to make a stone wolf?? =)

Yes. Enough to make a small pack. If you include the one destroyed outside, half of which can be salvaged, and the hatches, you could make seven total, if you were so inclined. The "Stone Wolf" was half stone and half adamantine.


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 0/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

"Wow, okay, now that's a lot of stuff. Guess heading down here wasn't the worst idea. Now all we need's to get away without them finding us and we'll be in good shape!"


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP34/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Even magical my pack can only carry so much, I'll grab what looks to be expensive/important stuff and leave the rest for later if we have time.

Know(Arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

"I may have found some valuable arcana tools and materials Frank. We can go over them later. The important thing is we have found another Keycharm too! No let's move this traveling feast along and hope nothing else comes along to bite us!"

So will the wolves wait for us to finish our search of the complex, or do they want leave NOW...so to speak."


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 3/6 * ammo: 38+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions:

I hope that faraway speck wasn't someone following us. I doubt B breaking that wagon axle and making it look undamaged would slow them down more than an hour or two. With enough undead they might even manage to lift up a loaded wagen with a broken axle and avoid most of the delay...
Frank frowns.
"Yes, let's get a move on. Should we try all the keycharm spots in the rooms we've been so far, first? I wouldn't want to forget to search those later..."


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP34/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Truthfully I'm having a hard time remembering what each keycharm is and what it is for, and how best to use them. My suggestion...Let the GM run it to save time and effort. He knows we are all smart enough to take this one step at a time now, and not to rush into anything really stupid. Is everyone OK with allowing the GM to 'railroad' our keycharm usage to save time and energy so we can keep moving and find what we are looking for quicker? If a decision has to be made beyond that (like letting the wolves out) we can do that of course, but as far as continuing forward, I think that lends itself to the PBP format a little easier here? What say you GM Dragon?


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 3/6 * ammo: 38+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions:

good thought xD
Since order probably matters, I'd also suggest that we use keys in order that we found them when there's a choice (blue, brown, green, orange, yellow?) until all possibilities are exhausted, and search rooms in order of when they were first seen :3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP34/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Basically. But I also wanted to see what the GM felt comfortable with of course first.


Shadow's Status

the Mournland - Whitehearth Complex - Twenty NINTH Day of Dravago

Agreed. I will move us along assuming you all take every precaution.

The group heads back, in two waves to bring the Dire Wolves along. They agree to wait in their "area" and exit the complex when you all have finished exploring. Safety in numbers and all.

You can consider further what to take an leave once you complete the exploration, you do have a wagon after all!

Back at the door locked by a brown keycharm, Gauntlet opens the door of a richly appointed quarters. A large ironbound chest is set against the foot of the bed. On the right side of the room, a massive bronzewood wardrobe engraved with Elven symbols stands against the wall. In the far corner, an array of swords hangs from a rack on the wall, along with a shield bearing the House Cannith seal and a beautiful blueenameled chain shirt.

The weapons rack includes a masterwork greatsword, a masterwork longsword, a masterwork short sword, a heavy steel shield, and a masterwork chain shirt.

The lock was carelessly left unlocked and a cursory search reveals it to be filled with blankets and clothing, including a darkweave cloak.

However, it is clear that there is a false bottom and therein lies the true prize of the room. A purse holding 25 pp, a ring of silver and jet set with an oval-cut bloodstone, one vial of silversheen, two vials of oil of magic weapon, and a red keycharm.

Armed with these extra items, the group once again decides to head to the the second rotator room area and activate the yellow keycharm for the first time.

As the room opens the lack of sound becomes almost deafening. The hallway lights flicker oddly (think of a strobe light) from this passage which slopes downwards.

More of the map revealed.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP34/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

We will gather all easily carried items, and when the new area is revealed...

Gauntlet moves forward carefully, his Mindblade (longsword sized) leading the way and Ioun Torch circling his head lazily.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 5/38 | Inspiration 1/6 | Healing Oil 0/3

EE volunteers to go with Gauntlet, if only to sate his own curiosity.

Perception, Inspiration: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 11 + (5) = 19


Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 7/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~2 hours?)

The small and silvery Broulnindre follows close behind, her petite figure a stark contrast to the two warforged.
Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32


Shadow's Status

the Mournland - Whitehearth Complex - Twenty NINTH Day of Dravago

Gauntlet, EE, and B head down the hall and turn a corner finding a door standing closed before them. B determines that the door is not locked and steps back to let the Warforged take the lead.

Sound is still nonexistent as if it is being sucked away from your ears just before you can hear them.

Gauntlet opens the door to this room. Within, the light still flickers but in a multicolored kaleidoscope from a room covered in mirrors - wall, floor, and ceiling. A vast mass of brilliant, swirling color so bright as to be almost blinding bounces within the mirrors and then moves toward the party. The room is 30' long and 20' wide. Across the room is yet another door.


Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 7/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~2 hours?)

Broulnindre opens her mouth to speak "-"

Wondering if this thing is un-claw-able like the fireball before, she frowns and makes room for EE and Gauntlet.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP34/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet moves defensively toward the flashing lights...half-expecting another 'living spell.'

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


Shadow's Status

the Mournland - Whitehearth Complex - Twenty NINTH Day of Dravago

Gauntlet steps into the room and his suspicions become concrete when the soundless light swirls around and flashes in his direction.

Initiative:

Viorr 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Dev 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
EE 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
LIVING SPELL 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Frank 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Zabeth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Gauntlet 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Pink-Eye 1d20 ⇒ 1
Meridian 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Round 1 -
Viorr - GO!
Living Spell
Balance of the Party


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 5/38 | Inspiration 1/6 | Healing Oil 0/3

EE takes a guarding stance, not sure again if he will be able to contribute to the combat. <Mmhhh... Color Spray, this time?>


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 20/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Fairly sure that he cannot hurt the living spell, Viorr backs off a pace to give the casters room.


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Kana would leave the dire wolves waiting and try to close up to the party.


Shadow's Status

the Mournland - Whitehearth Complex - Twenty NINTH Day of Dravago

The living spell, a blazing mass of color and light rushes at Gauntlet creating a sucking sound as it continues to absorb what little sound is in the room already.

tDB ONLY:
Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 - Damage 1d6 ⇒ 5

The engineering and magic marvels of the Cannith collide with Gauntlet's armored hide getting the better of this living spell deflecting the ooze of deadly color from harming him.

Round 1 -
Balance of the Party- GO!

Round 2 -
Viorr - GO!
Living Spell
Balance of the Party


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP34/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Shrugging at the weird embrace the thing attempted, Gauntlet swings his Mindblade at the thing with both hands!

+2 Mindblade (Longsword): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Crit?

+2 Mindblade (Longsword): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 7/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~2 hours?)

Broulnindre opens her mouth again to speak and again produces no sound.
She retreats a short distance on telepathic orders.


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 3/6 * ammo: 38+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions:

Frank comes down the passageway, his boots producing no clomping noise.
He meets his eidolon just before the passage's final corner.
Not thinking too much about the sounds he can't seem to hear, Frank tries to cast Lesser Evolution Surge on Broulnindre, hoping that magic claws might help against the 'too-bright not-fire-this-time ball of weird'.

Do spells auto fail if they have Verbal Components? 'cause it's worth it to me to test that either way xD


Shadow's Status
Frank E. wrote:
Do spells auto fail if they have Verbal Components? 'cause it's worth it to me to test that either way xD

No, the sounds are being made, you just cannot hear them.


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 0/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

Dev focuses on the target, and aims a massive burst of psionic energy its way, loathe to expend valuable resources on attacks against such a thing, where they might not have any effect. He was brave, not stupid.

RTA, Surge Blast: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Force: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6


Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 7/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~2 hours?)
GM the Dragon Below wrote:
Frank E. wrote:
Do spells auto fail if they have Verbal Components? 'cause it's worth it to me to test that either way xD
No, the sounds are being made, you just cannot hear them.

Sweet. B has magic claws for 4 minutes ^^


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye moves behind Gauntlet using his reach and tries to chop the spell with his axe imbuing it with negative energy as a swift action

attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

neg energy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5


Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

Zabeth swears under her breath, and hangs back.
"Unlikely I can affect this one either...."

Total Defense .. AC 20 for the round

Grand Lodge

male Axebeak Animal Companion Max HP: 24, HD 4, BAB +3,F +4, R +7, W+2

Tenzo will move up and guard Gauntlet

handle animal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

aid another for AC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP34/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

That actual works if he can fit. I have a drawback that forces others to 'Aid' Gauntlet only on a 15 or higher!


Shadow's Status

the Mournland - Whitehearth Complex - Twenty NINTH Day of Dravago

The combined forces of the group prove too powerful for this living spell as it dissipates into ectoplasmic particles leaving the room dim once more. You all hear your breath and know that this creature was indeed interfering with sound. This room is completely empty save the dimmed everbright light on the ceiling built into the mortar.

Gauntlet opens the next door which is no locked and does not require a keycharm to open.

This large chamber stretches away from the doorway, and intense heat shimmers in the air. A raging bonfire burns and then suddenly winks out! The heat is gone in an instant as if it were never there!

The room shrinks before your eyes and becomes mundane once more though the walls are anything but, they are made of crystal.

Ate the far end of the room is a keyring with a red keycharm dangling on it.

Knowledge Arcana DC 25:
This room is a giant scrying device which projects to the mind of the observer the place that it scries.


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 3/6 * ammo: 38+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions:

Technically Frank could make that on a 19 or 20, but I think he'll have to spend a standard action to aid in order to contribute xD

Knowledge (Arcana), Aid-Another (Gauntlet?): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

"You know, something seems familiar about this..."


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP34/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

I've seen something like this before: It's a Cannith scrying room. Who knows if it works correctly now in the Mournland. Anyone want to try it? I have no experience with scrying."

He then quickly moves to gain the keycharm.


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 3/6 * ammo: 38+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions:

Frank answers hesitantly.
"...I might have experience with seeing things where I'm not..."


Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

Meridian moves far enough forward to get a shot on the thing and lashes out with another eldritch blast.

Eldritch Blast (ranged touch): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 4 = 4.

Trying to thread the attack through her allies proves to be too difficult just now, and the attack passes by the living spell to impact harmlessly on the wall.


Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 7/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~2 hours?)

Broulnindre gives Frank a look.

Telepathy:
and hearing things not said?
YES, it's not Jagermonster speak this time, she just has an accent because teeth and different shaped insides etc...


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

In this moment, Kana casually strolls around the corner, humming to herself, stopping as she sees you.

Oh there you are. You look a bit... well nevermind. What was that noise just now? I thought i felt a bit of heat rushing down the corridor, but i'm not sure.

Nice room! Very interesting walls. And what is over yonder? This room indeed seems to be a scrying device. Shall we try it? Anyone has a scrying spell?

kn:arcana: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 4 = 29


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 3/6 * ammo: 38+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions:

Frank starts dispensing rope from his sleeve.
"Uh, if the room works like what usually happens to me, please pull me out with this rope..." he says, while he produces 20' more rope than needed to tie around his waist.

"Hold this, B." He adds finally, holding out the end of the rope. Frank follows Gauntlet into the room and hopes for the best as Broulnindre waits just outside the doorway.


Shadow's Status

Kana, you realize that a scrying spell is unnecessary in this place, all you need is to concentrate and the room sized device should work and in fact, all present will see the image, whatever that may be. A Concentration check at a DC of 10 is all that is required (no taking 10 though, a roll must be made).


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 3/6 * ammo: 38+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions:

Oooh, standard Pathfinder concentration check?
1d20+CL+stat_mod?

After stepping into the room, Frank is pleasantly surprised to not lose the ability to sense his hands, feet, and immediate surroundings.

"Huh. At least it's not a trap. I thought the walls looked a bit like the stuff crystal balls are made of..."

Frank leans closer to the wall.

I wonder what I could see... Hm. Maybe that speck from the skies before?
Concentration: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Frank focuses on the crystal and the speck from before, not entirely unlike focusing on his connection with Broulnindre...


Shadow's Status

the Mournland - Whitehearth Complex - Twenty NINTH Day of Dravago

Frank concentrates and the scene begins to shimmer on the walls then the room itself becomes an illusory effect that overtakes the entire room. Once again you feel intense heat shimmer the air. A raging bonfire burns about 40 feet away, near the far wall from the door, casting dancing shadows across the room. A second one burns about 60 feet away, along the southern wall. In the center of the room, a large crucible filled with bubbling molten glass radiates terrible heat. Long, snaking heads made of iron and brass rise up from the molten pool like some metal hydra.

The scene lasts for a few moments longer then fades away.

Perception DC 20:
Just south of the crucible and the construct, a crystalline chest reflects the hot light. Through the translucent material, you can see that the chest contains a variety of objects, but it is impossible to tell the contents through the prism of the illusion.


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

There is or was some sort of crystaline chest over there! Seems to be something inside, but can't say what. It's reflecting the light.

Kana points to where she saw the chest.


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 5/38 | Inspiration 1/6 | Healing Oil 0/3

EE scratches his metallic chin. <Uhmm... Do mean that was actually there?> he asks while going to the place Kana just pointed out and checking.

Perception, Inspiration: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 11 + (6) = 37

Edit: LOL at the roll


Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]
Electric Eye wrote:

EE scratches his metallic chin. <Uhmm... Do mean that was actually there?> he asks while going to the place Kana just pointed out and checking.

[dice=Perception, Inspiration]1d20+11+1d6

Edit: LOL at the roll

EE CAN SEE THROUGH TIME!!


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP34/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Nah...EE can only see in the FOURTH dimension now...The Fifth dimension is time. Then he would be basically a god.


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 3/6 * ammo: 38+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions:

"Might be one of the other rooms." Frank shrugs.
"There was a hallway that was hot if I recall correctly."


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP34/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet heads back to the exit.

"That was the room with the living ball of flame I think Frank. Let's keep moving unless there is something else here someone wants to look at."

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,476 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Eberron - Echoes of the Past - The Secrets of Sharn All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.