medlii's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master medlii

Pathfinder's adventure path, Curse of the Crimson Throne.


1 to 50 of 2,542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Introductory post to come shortly.


Another overcast day has dawned in Korvosa. It is currently Pharast and rain is always expected this time of year. The rumor mill of the city churns on about King Eodred II's recent illness, Magistrate Gar's plans to rebuild the city's roads, and possible sightings of the legendary hero, Blackjack.

Although the day has just started, you have other matters on your mind.

Tessa Alee:

As Tessa prepared to put out the next streetlamp, something fluttered down from the lamp enclosure and landed at her feet. It was a well-worn Harrow card, smudged with soot. One side showed a unicorn laying in the grass, a pear impaled on its horn. It read “The Unicorn.” The reverse was filled with tiny, cramped writing that read “I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.”
The Unicorn

Typhon B'Ru:

Readying himself for another day of salvage on Korvosa’s docks, Typhon checked his hidden daggers. Strangely, a playing card was wrapped around the knife tucked into his boot. He knew that he hadn’t put it there. “The Peacock,” it said. It showed a green, bird-like dragon perched on a rock with a violet aura surrounding its head. The back was filled with handwriting. “I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.”
The Peacock

Bandru:

As he set to his daily cleaning of the temple of Erastil, Bandru noticed a card sitting atop the altar. But this was no prayer left by a worshipper of Erastil, as he sometimes found - it was a harrow card. The card depicted a white serpent with wings of every hue. It was poised to strike at a star in the top corner of the card and said “The Winged Serpent.” The back read “I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.”
The Winged Serpent

Bosch and Roscoe:

When Bosch awoke, Roscoe was standing next to his bed. The big mastiff nudged Bosch’s hand with his enormous head. In dog’s mouth was a battered harrow card. One side showed a mechanical golem, its body replaced with a castle belching smoke. It towered over an angry mob. The card read, simply, “The Keep.” A message was scrawled on the back, somehow unsmudged after being covered in dog saliva. “I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.” The Keep

Corwin Avelard:

Corwin flipped open his spellbook. Between the pages was a single harrow card. Corwin knew that he hadn’t put it there. One side showed a man, perhaps a wizard, pointing at a passage from the book lying before him. He used the other hand to light the room with fire. The bottom of the card read “The Hidden Truth.” The back of the card was filled with cramped handwriting. It said “I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.”
The Hidden Truth

Pharast is equivalent to March


Male
skills:
Skills Acrobatics +12, Climb +5, Escape Artist +7, Know(religion)+4, Know Hist3 Perception+13,Sense Motive+8,Stealth+12, Swim +5 Survival +5 Craft Bows +6, Ride 7Languages Common Tien Draconic Celestial
Human
BowStats:
MW Comp LB(Str +1)+10(1d8+3/x3) SB +4(1d6/x3) Flurry(2Atk), Defl Arr, Perf Strike(2d20)(2/day), Point Blank Shot+1+ 1 30ft, Precise Shot, Point Blank Master No AoO, Deadly Aim -1 +2 Many shot 2 arrows at once
Monk (Zen Archer) 32Arr 40Blnt 50Slvr
Vitals:
Init +9; Senses Perception +13 AC 19, touch 19, flat-footed 15 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge +5Monk) hp 35/41 Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +8

As Bandru looks at the card, his normal calm exterior changes to complete horor. The flood of almost forgotten memories overwhelms him and his hand begins to shake while holding the card.

After all this time. After all the pain. After almost being able to leave it behind. the scab is ripped open to bleed once more

Bandru sits on the floor of the temple and shakes his head


male Half-Elven Rogue(knife master) 7
Spoiler:
Hp:27/ 53, AC20,ff16,t15,F+5,R+9,W+3,perception+13

Typhon pulls the card off his dagger and examines it. He has no knowledge of Harrow decks, but the note on the back sparks his interest greatly. He starts his day shivering in anticipation for this meeting.
It's gonna be a long day. Come on sunset.
He then returns to salvage but soon gives up as his heart just in't into it. Instead he spends a better part of the day practicing and honing his knives.


stats:
AC18 T12 FF17/Init+5/Perception+13 (Low Light 60 ft)/ saves F+5/R+3/W+6 HP 47
Gnome Sorcerer 1/Oracle 4

As the sun peeked over the horizon, shedding the day's first light, Tessa Alee yawned and rubbed her eyes. The diminutive gnome stood on one of Korvosa's innumerable street corners, a brass lamp-snuffer heavy in her hands. Her richly tattooed skin spoke of her Varisian heritage, and her threadbare smock spoke of abject poverty.

it's a much easier job in the evening,, she thought, all I have to do then is cast a spark on these cursed things. I've miles to go yet, and daylight already. The watch sergeant won't be pleased.

Sighing, Tessa moved on to the next lamp. On tip-toe, she reached up and snuffed out the flame. In the distance she could see the Acadamae, resplendent in the dawn's light. Unwanted thoughts of grief and anger flooded her as she recalled, for the umpteenth time, her disgraceful ejection from those hallowed halls. The night when the watch knocked her door in, and led her out in chains. The gristly crime scene, a man with his head stove in by an Earthbreaker. The ludicrous murder charge- how was a 90 lb gnome supposed to have wielded a 30 lb hammer taller than her? The stern letter of expulsion. The trial that dismissed all charges. The gloating man leering from the audience seats.

Tessa fought back tears and moved to the next lamp. As she lifted the snuff-pole off the wick, a soot-covered card fluttered to the ground beside her. She scooped it up.

A harrow card? Hmm. The Unicorn. The undoer of past regrets. Well, that's fitting.

She flipped the card over and incredulously read the writing on the back.

whoa.

Thoughtfully, Tessa tucked the card behind one ear and went on with her task.

By Desna, maybe my luck is finally changing.


Male Human Cavalier 7 Huntmaster [ HP: 60/60 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 23 | F: +6 R: +5 W: +3 | Init: +3 Perc: +9 | Challenge: 3/3 | Tactician: 2/2 (6 rds) | Effects: ]

Yawning, Bosch idly scratched Roscoe behind the ears and looked over the card, "Where did you find this, boy?" Bosch asked his loyal beast, not really expecting an answer but asking anyway. The question got the same innocent stare and perked up ears that most of his attempts at conversation with Roscoe got.

"C'mon, let's get us some breakfast," Bosch said, flicking the card onto the small table a scant few feet away from his bed in the tiny two room apartment he lived in above his forge. He cut himself some slices of bacon, set a tea kettle on the stove and carefully started toasting some bread to go with it. Roscoe got a significantly larger cut of the bacon meat and a bowl of water.

As he sat down to his breakfast, reviewing his ledger and planning to order more raw materials, Bosch realized he had inadvertently flicked the card onto the side of the table where his daughter once sat. At first he tried to ignore it and return to his numbers but it sat there, a stark reminder of just how hard it was to keep pretending. Finally he gave up grabbing the damned thing and tucking it into his pocket.

"Not going into this one blind," he told Roscoe, who was too busy tearing off hunks of pork to really pay attention. Heading down to his forge, Bosch rifled through his racks of half-finished armor and weapons until he found himself a sword and bit of armor that would do nicely for this little excursion.

A few hours later, still much earlier than the meeting was supposed to take place, Bosch set out for the indicated adress. His breastplate was hidden under a rain cloak, he had not armored Roscoe for this little trip. The sword was wrapped in oil-skins to prevent rust and disguise it. Once there, he picked a spot to watch the door and hunkered down, waiting to see who else arrived.


Map of Korvosa | Encounter Map

Lancet street runs through the Midland district. It is easy to find #3. The small shop's bright colors remind you of the many Varisian wagons that can be found trading in Korvosa's markets. An equally flashy sign depicts a deck of cards. Like most buildings in this part of Korvosa, it is most likely a home as well as a shop.


Male
skills:
Skills Acrobatics +12, Climb +5, Escape Artist +7, Know(religion)+4, Know Hist3 Perception+13,Sense Motive+8,Stealth+12, Swim +5 Survival +5 Craft Bows +6, Ride 7Languages Common Tien Draconic Celestial
Human
BowStats:
MW Comp LB(Str +1)+10(1d8+3/x3) SB +4(1d6/x3) Flurry(2Atk), Defl Arr, Perf Strike(2d20)(2/day), Point Blank Shot+1+ 1 30ft, Precise Shot, Point Blank Master No AoO, Deadly Aim -1 +2 Many shot 2 arrows at once
Monk (Zen Archer) 32Arr 40Blnt 50Slvr
Vitals:
Init +9; Senses Perception +13 AC 19, touch 19, flat-footed 15 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge +5Monk) hp 35/41 Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +8

Bandru sat there on the temple floor meditating for some time. He then broke his stillness rose without making a sound and went to gather his things. He would meet with this person and others if it meant a chance at justice, but Bandru would settle for revenge.


male Half-Elven Rogue(knife master) 7
Spoiler:
Hp:27/ 53, AC20,ff16,t15,F+5,R+9,W+3,perception+13

Ty approaches the shop a little before sunset. He has on a light chain shirt over rough travellers clothes, with long loose sleeves. Tucked into each boot is a throwing dagger and at the small of his back are two crossed daggers. he has a nicely made pack hung loosely over his left shoulder and is twirling a card around his fingers in his right hand.
Hope this is the right place. If its a trap I hope Gaedrin tries to spring it himself. I'd love a chance to carve him up.
opening the door he will enter saying Hello? Is anyone here?


Map of Korvosa | Encounter Map

The cozy chamber within this small home is filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The haze comes from several sticks of incense
smouldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel.

The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling men’s hearts, another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall hooded figure shrouded in mist, a flaming sword held in a skeletal hand. Several brightly-colored rugs cover the floor, but the room’s only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throwcloth and several elegant tall-backed chairs.

A note on the table reads "Thank you for coming. I had to step out for a
bit, but shall return shortly. Please, have a seat while you wait. The
basket under the table contains bread and drink for you." As promised, basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table.

This is an opportunity to introduce yourselves to one another as your characters arrive


stats:
AC18 T12 FF17/Init+5/Perception+13 (Low Light 60 ft)/ saves F+5/R+3/W+6 HP 47
Gnome Sorcerer 1/Oracle 4

Tessa pokes her head through the doorway cautiously.

h-hello?

Seeing the elf sitting at the table, she stammers.

I... I got a harrow card that told me to come here. You... know where to find Lamm?

As she speaks, Tessa takes a seat at the table and begins ravenously eating bread. The only possessions you see on her are a threadbare smock and many-pocketed belt suggestive of a spellcaster.

I'm Tessa. *mmph* Pleased t'meetcher!


Chelaxian Male Professor of Thassilonian History 2 || hp 13/13 || AC 11(15), touch 11(15), flatfooted 10(14) || Perception +3, Sense Motive +3 || Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +7 || CMB +0, CMD 11 || Init +1 || Harrow 4

An older gentleman bulls into the room, his hard eyes sweeping across the two current attendees, quickly dismissing the gnome and alighting on the elf.

His quiet anger is nearly palpable as he moves over to the table. He pulls what appears to be a Harrow card out of a pocket and waves it at the half-elf.

"Are you the proprietor? The one who broke into the room that I am renting and stuck this in my spellbook?" he says, waving the card at the half-elf, like a ruler towards an unruly student.


Male
skills:
Skills Acrobatics +12, Climb +5, Escape Artist +7, Know(religion)+4, Know Hist3 Perception+13,Sense Motive+8,Stealth+12, Swim +5 Survival +5 Craft Bows +6, Ride 7Languages Common Tien Draconic Celestial
Human
BowStats:
MW Comp LB(Str +1)+10(1d8+3/x3) SB +4(1d6/x3) Flurry(2Atk), Defl Arr, Perf Strike(2d20)(2/day), Point Blank Shot+1+ 1 30ft, Precise Shot, Point Blank Master No AoO, Deadly Aim -1 +2 Many shot 2 arrows at once
Monk (Zen Archer) 32Arr 40Blnt 50Slvr
Vitals:
Init +9; Senses Perception +13 AC 19, touch 19, flat-footed 15 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge +5Monk) hp 35/41 Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +8

Just as the gentleman finishes his question the door opens again and a taller young man walks in head shaved and clean faced. his demeanor is calm and yet he has a quiet intensity in his eyes. He is carrying a short bow and has a quiver at the ready. He stands there a moment looking at everyone in turn without speaking. As the robed man steps in he shuts the door and speaks in a slow and calm manner.

I am Bandru and I believe you must be the others mentioned on my invitation.

Bandru holds up his own harrow card as he.takes a seat where he can see the front door and any other entrances.

Is one of you our host or are we still waiting for that honor


Male Human Cavalier 7 Huntmaster [ HP: 60/60 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 23 | F: +6 R: +5 W: +3 | Init: +3 Perc: +9 | Challenge: 3/3 | Tactician: 2/2 (6 rds) | Effects: ]

After the second human showed up and entered the building, Bosch waited a moment and approached. With a muttered command, Roscoe followed him closely. The sun was starting to dip below the skyline now. Stepping into the room where the others had gathered, he took stock. The place was obviously some fortune teller's den and to be frank none of them had the look of a fortune teller.

The half-elf looked like someone he would refuse to sell his goods to. The gnome was probably a down-on-her luck mage of some kind, judging by the smock anyway. The older man looked to be an academic of some kind and engaged in heated questioning of the half-elf. The younger human in the room had the look of an ascetic of some kind, all clean angles and intense.

Bosch set his wrapped up sword on the table, the clank letting everyone in the room know exactly what was in there.

"Calm down, friend, and use your eyes," Bosch said to the older man as he undid the clasp of his cloak and rested it on the back of the chair, revealing the simple breastplate he wore. He produced his own card from his pocket and flicked it onto the table.

"Someone, a fortune-teller from the evidence, wanted our attention. Such folk tend to let their profession color their person."

Roscoe, for his part, promptly went to Tessa's side and rested his head on her lap. There he made the biggest and saddest looking eyes he could at her to try and tempt her into giving him some bread.


male Half-Elven Rogue(knife master) 7
Spoiler:
Hp:27/ 53, AC20,ff16,t15,F+5,R+9,W+3,perception+13

Typhon sat tongue tied as the scholarly type person confronted him about the card. Glancing about at the others that entered, he stuttered
"H-h-hhey m-man it wasnt me! I just got here myself.Found this in my boot this morning."He'll flip the peacock card onto the table. Then with another glance around at all the people who entered so suddenly he grimaces and says." Now back off afore I stick ya with my knife."
So saying he draws a wicked looking dagger from the small of his back.
"It's prolly like he said."Ty points at Bosch as he says this and puts his dagger away.
Tho he still moves away from the others to the edge of the room and stands with his arms folded.
Hmmp. probably gonna blame somethin on me.


stats:
AC18 T12 FF17/Init+5/Perception+13 (Low Light 60 ft)/ saves F+5/R+3/W+6 HP 47
Gnome Sorcerer 1/Oracle 4

Tessa smiles at Roscoe, and obligingly offers up a morsel.

"Who's a good boy! Yes you are! Yes you are!"

She looks up and sees the brandished dagger and yelps. Whoa, there's no need for that! We've obviously all been summoned here for a reason. For me, I got a score to settle with Lamm, and by the looks you're all giving me so do you. "

Tessa returns her attention to Roscoe and the breadbasket. " oh you are a *mmph* nice fellow. You kin have the crust!"

nom nom nom


Male Human Cavalier 7 Huntmaster [ HP: 60/60 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 23 | F: +6 R: +5 W: +3 | Init: +3 Perc: +9 | Challenge: 3/3 | Tactician: 2/2 (6 rds) | Effects: ]

"No reason to be uncivil," Bosch said calmly, taking a seat himself. If he were a more arrogant man, he might have made a comment about how his knife was bigger and waved his sword around some.

"I would also appreciate it if, for the time being, we could keep our various toys and parlor tricks put firmly away. A good starting point would probably be names, I am Bosch Glasthane and that..." Bosch said as Roscoe gingerly took the bread crust from Tessa's fingers with some worryingly sharp teeth before returning his head to Tessa's lap, probably slobbering on it a little in the process.

"That is Roscoe."


stats:
AC18 T12 FF17/Init+5/Perception+13 (Low Light 60 ft)/ saves F+5/R+3/W+6 HP 47
Gnome Sorcerer 1/Oracle 4

Tessa! You kin *mmph* call me Tess. Or T. I've been called a mess of things in my time.


Male
skills:
Skills Acrobatics +12, Climb +5, Escape Artist +7, Know(religion)+4, Know Hist3 Perception+13,Sense Motive+8,Stealth+12, Swim +5 Survival +5 Craft Bows +6, Ride 7Languages Common Tien Draconic Celestial
Human
BowStats:
MW Comp LB(Str +1)+10(1d8+3/x3) SB +4(1d6/x3) Flurry(2Atk), Defl Arr, Perf Strike(2d20)(2/day), Point Blank Shot+1+ 1 30ft, Precise Shot, Point Blank Master No AoO, Deadly Aim -1 +2 Many shot 2 arrows at once
Monk (Zen Archer) 32Arr 40Blnt 50Slvr
Vitals:
Init +9; Senses Perception +13 AC 19, touch 19, flat-footed 15 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge +5Monk) hp 35/41 Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +8

I am Bandru and I believe that Tess is quite correct. It seems we all got an invitation. We only need to be calm and wait and all ahould be revealed.

Bandru puts his bow against the table and takes a cleansing breath and then regulates his breathing to slow even intervals. His face seems almost absent of emotion but his eyes show an intensity as he looks around the table and room takimg it all in.

look.around ylthe room for cluesperception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Bandru's perception:

With a closer look, Bandru does note that the room is fairly empty. The tapestries, rugs, incense burner, table, and chairs are the only things here. Bandru also notices that his harrow card has vanished.

Bandru doesn't have to wait long for all to be revealed - shortly after his comment, an attractive middle-aged Varisian woman with long dark hair enters the shop. Introducing herself as Zellara, she produces a deck of cards from a pocket and idly shuffles the cards as she takes a seat at the table with you. Her skill with the deck is obvious as the cards seem to float and dance over her hands and the table.

Zellara speaks in a soft but clear voice. “Thank you for coming, my friends, and for putting up with my unconventional method of contacting you. I have reason to remain hidden, you see—a terrible man would see great harm done to me if he knew I was reaching out for help. You know this man, for he has done something terrible to each of you as well. I speak, of course, of Gaedren Lamm, a man whose cruelty and capacity to destroy the lives of those he touches are matched only by his gift for avoiding reprisal. You see, a year ago, his thieves stole this, my Harrow deck, from me. It is important to me, an heirloom passed down through a dozen generations, and also my sole means of support. When pickpockets stole it, my son, Eran, tracked them down. The thieves were in the employ of Gaedren Lamm, and in reward for finding them, Gaedren murdered my son.”

“I sought help from the Guard, but they turned me away. And so I asked around. I paid bribes. I consulted my Harrow deck for advice. And recently, I was rewarded—I found out where Gaedren dwells. He can be found in an old fishery north of here at Westpier 17, where he trains his abducted children to be pickpockets and counts his stolen treasures.

“And now, I need your help. I cannot hope to face this man on my own, and the Guard moves so slowly that if I were to go to them, Gaedren would certainly know of their coming well in advance. Even if they did arrest him—what guarantee would I have he would be punished? This criminal has evaded the law for decades. But you know of these frustrations as well, for word on the street has it that Gaedren has wronged each of you, too. So there we are. It is time for him to pay.

Zellara pauses for a moment. "If you will aid me, I should like to grant you a boon before you are on your way. Please, select a card." Zellara fans some of the cards out before her.

If you would like to select a card, roll 1d10. If you get the same result as someone else, please roll again.


stats:
AC18 T12 FF17/Init+5/Perception+13 (Low Light 60 ft)/ saves F+5/R+3/W+6 HP 47
Gnome Sorcerer 1/Oracle 4

Lamm's the reason I'm not in the Acadamae right now! He framed me for one of his crimes, got me kicked out. I've been stuck in this cursed city for ten years now, working myself to death just to get by with my apprentice spells! You got my help in this, count on it!

Tessa considers the cards on the table.

I haven't been Harrowed for a long time. My ol' ma used to play at those cards in our caravan. Well, here goes!

1d10 ⇒ 7


Male Human Cavalier 7 Huntmaster [ HP: 60/60 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 23 | F: +6 R: +5 W: +3 | Init: +3 Perc: +9 | Challenge: 3/3 | Tactician: 2/2 (6 rds) | Effects: ]

1d10 ⇒ 9

Bosch leans in and takes a card but remains silent for now.


Male
skills:
Skills Acrobatics +12, Climb +5, Escape Artist +7, Know(religion)+4, Know Hist3 Perception+13,Sense Motive+8,Stealth+12, Swim +5 Survival +5 Craft Bows +6, Ride 7Languages Common Tien Draconic Celestial
Human
BowStats:
MW Comp LB(Str +1)+10(1d8+3/x3) SB +4(1d6/x3) Flurry(2Atk), Defl Arr, Perf Strike(2d20)(2/day), Point Blank Shot+1+ 1 30ft, Precise Shot, Point Blank Master No AoO, Deadly Aim -1 +2 Many shot 2 arrows at once
Monk (Zen Archer) 32Arr 40Blnt 50Slvr
Vitals:
Init +9; Senses Perception +13 AC 19, touch 19, flat-footed 15 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge +5Monk) hp 35/41 Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +8

1d10 ⇒ 10

Bandru leans in and takes a card

He has wronged ao many and he avoids justice. I believe it is time he pays for his crimes.


male Half-Elven Rogue(knife master) 7
Spoiler:
Hp:27/ 53, AC20,ff16,t15,F+5,R+9,W+3,perception+13

"I can see that the guard would be useless, he pays some of them off. But if we're gonna go after Lamm, I'm in." Ty approaches the table and draws a card.
1d10 ⇒ 9
" By the by I'm Typhon, or Ty to my friends."
2nd roll: 1d10 ⇒ 4


Chelaxian Male Professor of Thassilonian History 2 || hp 13/13 || AC 11(15), touch 11(15), flatfooted 10(14) || Perception +3, Sense Motive +3 || Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +7 || CMB +0, CMD 11 || Init +1 || Harrow 4

Corwin composes himself a bit as the others enter the room, but his eyes narrow as Tessa draws the dagger. He remains silent until the fortune teller enters and introduces herself.

"Zellara. I did not appreciate the method of your summoning. I would have come immediately had you asked conventionally." Corwin leans over, the table, resting his weight on his staff, and selects a card from the deck. Choosing a boon: 1d20 ⇒ 7 again: 1d10 ⇒ 7 again: 1d10 ⇒ 4 again: 1d10 ⇒ 8

"Curious." he says, looking at the card before returning his eyes to Zellara. "I am assuming that you knew to contact me because our investigations were running in parallel? More importantly though, were you able to determine if he is simply training the children at that location, or if they are being held there as well?"


Zellara's eyes widen at Tessa's card. "The Avalanche is a sign of disaster. Beware unthinking and unreasoning that can run over all that stand on your path to vengeance."

Bosch draws. "The Crows are a dangerous bunch who violently take that which is loved. This may sound like a bad sign, but perhaps in this case, you are the crows, waiting to steal your loves back from Lamm."

Bandru draws a card. "The Demon's Lantern is the card of traps and tricks, sleight of hand and sleight of mind. This card is another warning, Lamm surely has many tricks up his sleeves."

Typhon draws a card. "The Locksmith grants the tools to access new ideas or information, but he does not tell you how to use it. It seems that today, I have given you the key." The fortune teller smiles.

Corwin selects one of the few cards remaining. "My apologies for these subtleties. I did not wish Lamm to discover my attempts to contact others. Indeed, my cards led me to you five who also seek Lamm. Lamm keeps the children at the fishery unless they are on the streets to prevent them from running away.

"You have drawn The Dance, a rich and delicate framework that, like the universe, or a spell, requires everyone within it to abide by its rules. You must know your place in the greater good and stay in step, lest the entire construct collapse. Yet you will be greatly rewarded should this dance be completed."

I will explain the benefit of the harrow cards in the discussion thread shortly.


Male Human Cavalier 7 Huntmaster [ HP: 60/60 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 23 | F: +6 R: +5 W: +3 | Init: +3 Perc: +9 | Challenge: 3/3 | Tactician: 2/2 (6 rds) | Effects: ]

"As much as I'd like to scout Lamm's hideout before we go, I'm afraid we'd tip our hand. We need to hit him as soon as possible. I can be ready to go tonight if I can pick up some gear for Roscoe back home."


Male
skills:
Skills Acrobatics +12, Climb +5, Escape Artist +7, Know(religion)+4, Know Hist3 Perception+13,Sense Motive+8,Stealth+12, Swim +5 Survival +5 Craft Bows +6, Ride 7Languages Common Tien Draconic Celestial
Human
BowStats:
MW Comp LB(Str +1)+10(1d8+3/x3) SB +4(1d6/x3) Flurry(2Atk), Defl Arr, Perf Strike(2d20)(2/day), Point Blank Shot+1+ 1 30ft, Precise Shot, Point Blank Master No AoO, Deadly Aim -1 +2 Many shot 2 arrows at once
Monk (Zen Archer) 32Arr 40Blnt 50Slvr
Vitals:
Init +9; Senses Perception +13 AC 19, touch 19, flat-footed 15 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge +5Monk) hp 35/41 Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +8

I am ready now and will await the rest of you here when you are ready to proceed


stats:
AC18 T12 FF17/Init+5/Perception+13 (Low Light 60 ft)/ saves F+5/R+3/W+6 HP 47
Gnome Sorcerer 1/Oracle 4

"I have a crossbow at home that I swiped from the Sable Company. Let me get that and then lets hit him!


Chelaxian Male Professor of Thassilonian History 2 || hp 13/13 || AC 11(15), touch 11(15), flatfooted 10(14) || Perception +3, Sense Motive +3 || Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +7 || CMB +0, CMD 11 || Init +1 || Harrow 4

Corwin grimaces when Zellara explains the card. "This is why I disdain Divination...If I was following the rules, I wouldn't even be here. Its only by ignoring the rules of this city and smashing through tradition that I have come this far! Do you think that I want to be here? In this fleabite of a shop, conspiring to take the law into my own hands?" Corwin continues, raising his hands up to Zellara. "I will break the law if I must. I will find my daughter, and those who abducted her, treated her like chattel or harmed her will be dealt with."

"I am ready whenever is convienient, but no later than this evening. Bosch is correct. The children are more likely to be returned to the house at night. The sooner they are freed, the easier it will be to deal with Lamm."


Male
skills:
Skills Acrobatics +12, Climb +5, Escape Artist +7, Know(religion)+4, Know Hist3 Perception+13,Sense Motive+8,Stealth+12, Swim +5 Survival +5 Craft Bows +6, Ride 7Languages Common Tien Draconic Celestial
Human
BowStats:
MW Comp LB(Str +1)+10(1d8+3/x3) SB +4(1d6/x3) Flurry(2Atk), Defl Arr, Perf Strike(2d20)(2/day), Point Blank Shot+1+ 1 30ft, Precise Shot, Point Blank Master No AoO, Deadly Aim -1 +2 Many shot 2 arrows at once
Monk (Zen Archer) 32Arr 40Blnt 50Slvr
Vitals:
Init +9; Senses Perception +13 AC 19, touch 19, flat-footed 15 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge +5Monk) hp 35/41 Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +8

I agree tonight is best. As for law, if a law protects evil is it lawful? We should try to move quickly and quietly


Male Human Cavalier 7 Huntmaster [ HP: 60/60 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 23 | F: +6 R: +5 W: +3 | Init: +3 Perc: +9 | Challenge: 3/3 | Tactician: 2/2 (6 rds) | Effects: ]

"I don't do quiet, but I get the feeling some of you might be good at it. I'll approach in an obvious way with Roscoe and see if I can bait and draw out the guards. The rest of you, take your time and stick to the shadows. Bandru, I'll trust you to pick a moment to attack since you look the most competent with that bow."


male Half-Elven Rogue(knife master) 7
Spoiler:
Hp:27/ 53, AC20,ff16,t15,F+5,R+9,W+3,perception+13

"I too am ready, Lamm left me for dead and killed my friend. He MUST pay for his crimes. The sooner the better.I can do the sneaking bit, and being a half breed the night has little problem for me."He says as he pulls a dagger and spins it around his fingers." Just say the word and we'll go!"


Map of Korvosa | Encounter Map

Those approaching the fishery from the front (from the west) observe:

The reek of brine and the stink of week-dead fish hang thickly in the air here. The old double doors in the western side of this weathered building are tightly closed, with a drooping signpost hanging above. The sign it once displayed is long gone, leaving behind only a single short length of rusted chain.

The north and west sides of the building are over land. The rest is suspended over the Jeggare River. A boardwalk is visible on the north and south sides of the building. The eastern side, which faces the river, is not visible.

map available here.


Male Human Cavalier 7 Huntmaster [ HP: 60/60 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 23 | F: +6 R: +5 W: +3 | Init: +3 Perc: +9 | Challenge: 3/3 | Tactician: 2/2 (6 rds) | Effects: ]

Those capable of stealth should do so


Chelaxian Male Professor of Thassilonian History 2 || hp 13/13 || AC 11(15), touch 11(15), flatfooted 10(14) || Perception +3, Sense Motive +3 || Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +7 || CMB +0, CMD 11 || Init +1 || Harrow 4

"Do they have boats beneath the building?" Corwin asks, squinting at the building in the poor light.


Male
skills:
Skills Acrobatics +12, Climb +5, Escape Artist +7, Know(religion)+4, Know Hist3 Perception+13,Sense Motive+8,Stealth+12, Swim +5 Survival +5 Craft Bows +6, Ride 7Languages Common Tien Draconic Celestial
Human
BowStats:
MW Comp LB(Str +1)+10(1d8+3/x3) SB +4(1d6/x3) Flurry(2Atk), Defl Arr, Perf Strike(2d20)(2/day), Point Blank Shot+1+ 1 30ft, Precise Shot, Point Blank Master No AoO, Deadly Aim -1 +2 Many shot 2 arrows at once
Monk (Zen Archer) 32Arr 40Blnt 50Slvr
Vitals:
Init +9; Senses Perception +13 AC 19, touch 19, flat-footed 15 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge +5Monk) hp 35/41 Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +8

Bandru will look at the others and speak quietly

I will scout out the south side of the place all the way to the back and find what information I can

pulling his bow at the ready Bandru moves like a vapor in the night

perception traps entrances looking through window etc: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

well that worked out nicely


male Half-Elven Rogue(knife master) 7
Spoiler:
Hp:27/ 53, AC20,ff16,t15,F+5,R+9,W+3,perception+13

Drawing his boot knives Typhon will follow Bandru around 20' behind him.
This new chain shirt is making it hard to be quiet. Not sure I like that.
He will also look around but for guards or watchdogs more than traps.
stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
man that guy is quiet.
nice rolls Bandru.XD


stats:
AC18 T12 FF17/Init+5/Perception+13 (Low Light 60 ft)/ saves F+5/R+3/W+6 HP 47
Gnome Sorcerer 1/Oracle 4

Tessa waits with Corwin and Bosch, not wanting to endanger the stealthier members of the group.

The Avalanche, huh? I probably shouldn't rush into this like a fool. I'll wait for the big tough guys to go in and accompany them.

in the meantime, Tessa crouches behind a building corner and keeps a lookout towards the city.

Perception to watch for rear attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male Human Cavalier 7 Huntmaster [ HP: 60/60 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 23 | F: +6 R: +5 W: +3 | Init: +3 Perc: +9 | Challenge: 3/3 | Tactician: 2/2 (6 rds) | Effects: ]

Once the others had arrayed themselves around the outside, Bosch strode up to the front door and tried it with Roscoe close on his heels. He had draped a hefty looking blanket of chainmail over the dog's torso and belted it down, giving the beast some considerable protection.


Map of Korvosa | Encounter Map

The Boardwalk
Bandru and Typhon sneak around to the south of the building. A slippery boardwalk clings to the side of the fishery about fifteen feet above the water. The boardwalk is barely held together by barnacle-thick pilings that have been worn halfway through their thickness at the waterline.

The two note that there is a boarded-up door part of the way along the boardwalk. The windows are clouded with dirt and salt, making them impossible to see through in the dark. No lights are lit within the building.

Bandru notices that the boardwalk is indeed very slippery - someone moving quickly on it could slide right into the water below. He also notices that there is another level of rickety-looking boardwalk directly below the one he is standing on, but there is no clear way to climb down to it from his current position.

To the back of the fishery is a barge. Its the rotten deck seems to be barely intact, its hull worn and thick with seaweed and barnacles. The barge is held together primarily by the layers of old rope that lash it securely to the pilings that support the fishery and the boardwalk.

The Front Door
Bosch finds a rusty lock securing the battered front door. He doesn't hear any sounds from inside the fishery.

Updated map.


Male
skills:
Skills Acrobatics +12, Climb +5, Escape Artist +7, Know(religion)+4, Know Hist3 Perception+13,Sense Motive+8,Stealth+12, Swim +5 Survival +5 Craft Bows +6, Ride 7Languages Common Tien Draconic Celestial
Human
BowStats:
MW Comp LB(Str +1)+10(1d8+3/x3) SB +4(1d6/x3) Flurry(2Atk), Defl Arr, Perf Strike(2d20)(2/day), Point Blank Shot+1+ 1 30ft, Precise Shot, Point Blank Master No AoO, Deadly Aim -1 +2 Many shot 2 arrows at once
Monk (Zen Archer) 32Arr 40Blnt 50Slvr
Vitals:
Init +9; Senses Perception +13 AC 19, touch 19, flat-footed 15 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge +5Monk) hp 35/41 Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +8

Bandru will wave off Typhon to let the others know what this side of the building can tell us. Which in all honesty is nothing.

Bandru will continue onto the barge and check it out not wanting other children to fall victim to what he in fact had to live through and in turn live with for the rest of his life.

sneak onto barge: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
perception on barge: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

okay 3 nat 20 in a row I will now be worthless for the rest of the adventure LOL


Map of Korvosa | Encounter Map

Bandru carefully times his movement to the swaying and groaning of the decrepit boardwalk, covering any noise of his passage. It is obvious that that no one has stepped foot on the barge in quite some time. Bandru decides not to as well for the moment- the deck looks rotted out, and spiderwebs run between the cracks in the deck. A single wooden door leading into the aft cabin bears a crude painting of a red fish on its surface.

That is some luck, Ban! With that perception check, you would have noticed the rotted deck and known better than to step on it, unless you really want to.


Chelaxian Male Professor of Thassilonian History 2 || hp 13/13 || AC 11(15), touch 11(15), flatfooted 10(14) || Perception +3, Sense Motive +3 || Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +7 || CMB +0, CMD 11 || Init +1 || Harrow 4

Corwin looks over at the gnome, still nearly bouncing in place, as she keeps watch and frowns a bit.

"What reason did they give for your expulsion Ms. Alee?", he asks quietly, curious as to what would cause someone to be thrown out of his alma mater.


Male Human Cavalier 7 Huntmaster [ HP: 60/60 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 23 | F: +6 R: +5 W: +3 | Init: +3 Perc: +9 | Challenge: 3/3 | Tactician: 2/2 (6 rds) | Effects: ]

As in a padlock or built into the door?

Bosch walks around to the side, going for the loading dock doors next. He is making no effort to hide his presence from anyone.


Male
skills:
Skills Acrobatics +12, Climb +5, Escape Artist +7, Know(religion)+4, Know Hist3 Perception+13,Sense Motive+8,Stealth+12, Swim +5 Survival +5 Craft Bows +6, Ride 7Languages Common Tien Draconic Celestial
Human
BowStats:
MW Comp LB(Str +1)+10(1d8+3/x3) SB +4(1d6/x3) Flurry(2Atk), Defl Arr, Perf Strike(2d20)(2/day), Point Blank Shot+1+ 1 30ft, Precise Shot, Point Blank Master No AoO, Deadly Aim -1 +2 Many shot 2 arrows at once
Monk (Zen Archer) 32Arr 40Blnt 50Slvr
Vitals:
Init +9; Senses Perception +13 AC 19, touch 19, flat-footed 15 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge +5Monk) hp 35/41 Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +8

Bandru seeing that the barge is even less than safe feels comfortable that his new friends daughters are not located within. Because of this Bandru will reverse his field and head back to the others.

stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Once reaching back to the others Bandru will relay everything that he has seen.


male Half-Elven Rogue(knife master) 7
Spoiler:
Hp:27/ 53, AC20,ff16,t15,F+5,R+9,W+3,perception+13

Typhon will aknowledge Bandru's wave off. He will look around, back towards the street then out toward the river. Seeing Ban go around the corner he will then continue on toward the river. Stopping at the south east corner of the building, Ty will keep an eye on the street and one eye on Bandru.
stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Cant let him go by himself, but i need to keep an eye on the others as well.
He will also glance into the water occasionally looking for reefclaws or bunyips.


male Half-Elven Rogue(knife master) 7
Spoiler:
Hp:27/ 53, AC20,ff16,t15,F+5,R+9,W+3,perception+13

And being such a slow typer will immediately reverse direction and go back toward the others a few steps ahead of Bandru.8D


stats:
AC18 T12 FF17/Init+5/Perception+13 (Low Light 60 ft)/ saves F+5/R+3/W+6 HP 47
Gnome Sorcerer 1/Oracle 4

Tessa sighs.

"I was framed for a murder. I had just enrolled and was settling into the dormatories, when the watch bustled up and clapped me in irons. They dragged me off to the scene of the crime for the seargent to take my statement. It was horrible. Some poor man in a flophouse back room layin' on the floor, his head all smashed in. More blood than I'd ever seen before or since. Big ol' mace was laying nearby, covered in blood and brains and hair. One of the guards called it an Earthbreaker. Well Lamm was there too and he fingered me for the perpetrator. I got dragged to jail and then trial. At trial, the judge said what's plain as day: I couldn't even lift that mace, much less swing it! My roommate from the Acadamae testified she'd been with me at school the whole time. Judge let me walk free. When I went back to the Acadamae, guard at the gate handed me my stuff and a real fancy letter saying I didn't meet the ethical and moral requirements to study at that fine institution. My tuition wasn't refunded, of course, and now I'm dead broke and stuck in this damn city. I can't go back home a failure! Well soon enough Lamm found me and made me an offer of employment. I wasn't born yesterday - I figured right quick what he had in mind and took off. I've been getting by selling cantrips. Spark to light the city lamps - I think the guards took pity on me there, for what they helped Lamm do. Mending to fix clothes and such, and dancing lights for kids' parties and stuff. It's been rough. Once we get Lamm I'm fixin' to take some of his money and get in one of those little schools. I've been practicing on the side, too. I took one scroll of a drunk wizard student and learned it real good - Burning hands. I bet I kin cast the hottest burning hands you've ever seen. It's the only real spell I know so I'm real good at it. I'll show you how good it is as soon as we find that goblin-rutter. "


Chelaxian Male Professor of Thassilonian History 2 || hp 13/13 || AC 11(15), touch 11(15), flatfooted 10(14) || Perception +3, Sense Motive +3 || Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +7 || CMB +0, CMD 11 || Init +1 || Harrow 4

Corwin frowns. "That is a most disagreeable story, Ms. Alee. I am quite disturbed that an admitted student was even allowed to be questioned. Typically we were kept in isolation from the town. Allowed us to focus better on the studies. I personally believed that they were trying to keep us out of cups, gambling and from hopping into beds."

"I don't like the fact that they cut you loose so quickly either. Depending how this all works out, I may see about sponsoring your re-entry to the Acadamae. Some on the current administration are my colleagues. I may have enough pull to see about your re-admittance."

1 to 50 of 2,542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / medlii's Curse of the Crimson Throne Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.