Z-Day PBP

Game Master Dramatis Personae


4,101 to 4,150 of 4,293 << first < prev | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | next > last >>

Moves to K10 for PBS.

Double tap to the head on I15.

1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 4 = 16
3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 4) = 15


Sarge perforates it's head and it drops.


>>>>>MAP<<<<<


That leaves Cord, Anna, Sam, and Johnnie?


Sam:

Spoiler:
Flash, I sent you an email. Read before posting.

Johnnie:


Anna Cho wrote:
Dave Judd wrote:

“How close?” he asks Anna, putting his head close to hers to be heard, and looking down the stair.

"Closest are three levels down. Half a minute?"

Dave looks down the stairs, trying to judge whether the group could make it to 4 and safely on their way to the fire stair before the oncoming mob arrives, still thinking it is better to head into somewhat familiar territory rather than face the unknown above plus whatever had Johnnie coming back down stairs ... After what he has seen here on 5, he’s not sure he’s ready for any more surprises.

He’s somewhat distracted by the ~BOOM~ of Mike’s pipe bomb behind him.


Mike O'Neill wrote:

"FIRE IN THE HOLE, M*+&%*$$!$~%S!"

The perfect comeback for Hollywood Zombies.


Dave Judd wrote:
Dave looks down the stairs, trying to judge whether the group could make it to 4 and safely on their way to the fire stair before...

Or everyone could slip around the zombies here on the 5th, on the far side of the elevators, and cut up to the north fire escape.


Kruelaid wrote:
Dave Judd wrote:
Dave looks down the stairs, trying to judge whether the group could make it to 4 and safely on their way to the fire stair before...
Or everyone could slip around the zombies here on the 5th, on the far side of the elevators, and cut up to the north fire escape.

Judd is real scared of those old men and zombie hulk – not knowing if and how much damage Mike’s pipe bomb has done to them, and he hasn’t forgotten the hand squid thing scuttling about, even if it did seem to be in the other direction. Things like that usually have brood-mates, he figures.


Dave Judd wrote:

Dave looks down the stairs...

Dave can see a few shadows playing across the railings on level 3, but mostly on levels below. There are some even in line of sight at the bottom, milling around at the base of the stairs.

With the clamor of the fire alarm, pipe bombs, and gunfire, he can't hear a thing.


Sh^t. Cutting it close. Dave glances over at the bewildered and scared looking pair of Aunt Terri and Doc Chez, licks his lips, tastes blood. Probably too close.


Nice afternoon for a run.

Of course you'll need a meeting place.


<Shouting at Judd, he points at himself.>

"Grew up on a farm, lad. I know which end of that rifle shoots."


“Yeah?” Dave unslings the British sniper rifle and passes it to Cherry. “I want that back when we’re done,” he shouts. “I’ve gotten kind of attached to it.”


5 feet to the inside of the stairwell, 15 feet per level. You can get to level four in 20 feet or level three in 35 feet with an acrobatics roll and still have a lots of move action to get clear of whatever you find... the rest is running.

I don't see allowance in MSRD for avoiding AoOs but we can probably agree on a roll here. F%~! it's not that hard. We used to run 5 on 1 fights in wadokai karate and it's really not that hard to twist and roll through a small group of people. Is there a rule in MSRD I'm missing?

Like skill vs skill. Acrobatics vs DEX.


<Takes the rifle, finds the safety, flicks it off.>

This was the name of my pediatrician when i was a wee lad. He was a riot. And he really did grow up on a farm.


Kruelaid wrote:

5 feet to the inside of the stairwell, 15 feet per level. You can get to level four in 20 feet or level three in 35 feet with an acrobatics roll and still have a lots of move action to get clear of whatever you find... the rest is running.

I don't see allowance in MSRD for avoiding AoOs but we can probably agree on a roll here. F*$~ it's not that hard. We used to run 5 on 1 fights in wadokai karate and it's really not that hard to twist and roll through a small group of people. Is there a rule in MSRD I'm missing?

Like skill vs skill. Acrobatics vs DEX.

It’s there in the Tumble skill description:

Spoiler:

Tumble past Opponents: With a successful Tumble check (DC 15), the character can weave, dodge, and roll up to 20 feet through squares adjacent to opponents, risking no attacks of opportunity. Failure means the character moves as planned, but provokes attacks of opportunity as normal.
Tumble through Opponents: With a successful Tumble check (DC 25), the character can roll, jump, or dive through squares oc¬cupied by opponents, moving over, under, or around them as if they weren’t there. Failure means the character moves as planned, but provokes attacks of opportunity as normal.

As we have rolled Tumble into Acrobatics and are using CMB / CMD per Pathfinder, the DC to move through a threatened square without drawing AoOs would be equal to the opponent’s CMD, and actually moving through their square DC would be equal to CMD + 5.


Dave Judd wrote:

As we have rolled Tumble into Acrobatics and are using CMB / CMD per Pathfinder, the DC to move through a threatened square without drawing AoOs would be equal to the opponent’s CMD, and actually moving through their square DC would be equal to CMD + 5.

Then that makes it pretty easy to get past the ordinary non-tentacled no-psionics zombies.


Kruelaid wrote:

Nice afternoon for a run.

Of course you'll need a meeting place.

Dave thinks he could make it, but it's probably best not to split up ...


Dave Judd wrote:
Dave thinks he could make it, but it's probably best not to split up ...

You have radios.


Ha! You’d love it if we split up, wouldn’t you.

Radio: “Come in guys, I’m down on 4 and – oh my god they’re everywhere! They - ..... (static)”


Anyway, I need to make a pretence at work before I leave the office, then I have a game tonight. I’ll try to look in on the action before I sleep, or tomorrow.


Dave Judd wrote:

Ha! You’d love it if we split up, wouldn’t you.

Radio: “Come in guys, I’m down on 4 and – oh my god they’re everywhere! They - ..... (static)”

I love the rolling action.

We have the maps and Judd has the skills... feel the power. See ya tomorrow.


Cord looks around optimistically for a large canister of pure oxygen or something equally volatile to shoot at/pick up/throw down the stairwell.

Perception - (+0 wis, +4 ranks, +3 CS) = +7
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

The irony of setting off fire alarms and trying to set fire to places is not lost on him and he laughs out loud, which comes out sounding more like a grunting pig than anything else. He stops grunting when he hears something on the radio, but the details are lost to him under the din of the fire alarm.

Will hold running to see the result of the spot check.


Cord Vogel wrote:

Cord looks around optimistically for a large canister of pure oxygen or something equally volatile to shoot at/pick up/throw down the stairwell.

Will hold running to see the result of the spot check.

Oxygen supply is probably in a cabinet in the room next to the ICU, at each of the nurse's stations. Also the doctor used to alcohol to clean zombie blood off Sarge, that might also do it--cept he left it behind. You'll need to look in rooms 580 or 555. 5th floor map. Also You noticed earlier that Mike is walking around with a bomb in his backpack. As for your perception:

Cord:

Spoiler:
Something is climbing over the pile of bones at K2. Like a spider with eyestalks and long forelimbs. The size of a small cat. Like a hand. Like a squid with bones. Pale and greenish--the same color of Anna's grandfather's tentacles. Something uncoils and drags from it's underbelly. It's moving toward you and Mike.


Johnnie risks the AoO


Female Human (Caucasian; Australian) Fast Hero 4

Peering through the smoke from Mike's home mader, Sam thinks she can see movement. Shrugging her shoulders, she opens fire at the nearest moving target through the smoke.
"Guys, we need to move this way. I want to check on some of those dead ones to see what's making them tick and the north staircase is gonna be our best option I think."

Shoot towards the general vicinity of where she thinks Zombie Hulk might be...: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 (Minus whatever penalty you choose for shooting into the smoke. Possibly a %Miss Chance?)


"What the fook is that!?!" Cord yells over the fire alarm pointing his fire axe at the thing crawling on the bones. Any perchance of looking for combustible materials is lost from his mind and he grabs Sam to spin her around to face the new danger.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

>Reminds me of this<


Patrick takes another shot

1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 4 = 223d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 3) = 13

CRIT CONFIRM! 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 4 = 63d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 2) = 7 ..Boo

"My love for you is like a truck, Berzerker!" He screams, laughing like a loon.


Sgt. Curtin wrote:
>Reminds me of this<

As my primary sources for this s&+*storm I would like to thank Marvel Comics, Scanners, Alien, and the Thing. Several other sources must remain undisclosed at this time--but John Carpenter does seem to loom rather large.

  • Juan "Johnnie" Rico wrote:
    Johnnie risks the AoO

    1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 vs CMD 19

    1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 vs CMD 19

    Johnnie, with a look of sheer panic, comes running down the stairs and screams over the gunfire at Anna and Judd in a language that sounds to them a little like Spanish.

    To I9.

  • Samantha Bastian wrote:
    Shoot towards the general vicinity of where she thinks Zombie Hulk might be...: 14 (Minus whatever penalty you choose for shooting into the smoke. Possibly a %Miss Chance?)

    You can still see Z-Hulk clearly enough for the headshot, he has no concelament, and so you hit. Everyone behind has concealment.

    Beowuld roars... Sam is shouting something... nobody hears. But they do see Z-Hulk's head blow apart like a watermelon. 2d12 ⇒ (7, 11) = 18

  • Cord Vogel wrote:
    "What the fook is that!?!" Cord yells over the fire alarm pointing his fire axe at the thing crawling on the bones. Any perchance of looking for combustible materials is lost from his mind and he grabs Sam to spin her around to face the new danger.

    Sam's got a .50 cal barking at all hell on what's left of the zombie X-Men. Mike, who's right beside you, is at the critical moment of making fire on a pipe bomb fuse with a cheap Bic lighter--you're not sure with all the noise, but he might be praying.

    Might be that watching his back with a fire axe *cough* readied action might be in order *cough* would get him through this without getting jumped by a zombie parasite.

    Anyone who looks at what has Cord so upset:

    Spoiler:
    Some kind of hairless, pale-green vertebrate spider about the size of a kitten and with smaller eyestalks than Charlie Z is creepy over the bone pile at K2. Delicate tentacles writhe from its underbelly.

  • Sgt. Curtin wrote:

    Patrick takes another shot

    CRIT CONFIRM!

    "My love for you is like a truck, Berzerker!" He screams, laughing like a loon.

    Concealment (>20 hits): 1d100 ⇒ 83

    3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) = 9

    Sarge double taps Charlie Z through the smoke, right between the eyes: the wheelchair flops over backwards.

    At that moment a jolt of emotion hits you, like a stab a hatred--almost electric--yah everyone--and so strong you twitch and a ripple of goosebumps lifts all over your bodies.


  • Female Human (Caucasian; Australian) Fast Hero 4
    Kruelaid wrote:
    Sgt. Curtin wrote:
    >Reminds me of this<
    As my primary source for this s!&%storm I would like to thank The Thing. John Carpenter does seem to loom rather large.

    One of my all time favourite movies. I pray to whatever Gods are up there that they don't fnck up the prequel/remake that they're doing.


    Sam:

    Spoiler:
    There it is, Sarge opened it like a tasty cantaloupe for you. There's one more of them in there. It has to die or they'll find you, they'll chase you no matter where you hide.


    ROUND 3: Order

    Zombies

  • At the start of this round only Walker Z is left (20% concelment), and except for one (40% concealment) the rest are totally concealed... but not for long.

    Johnnie: INIT +6, PER +9, AC 16, HP 42, WILL +6, ACTION 24

  • Screaming wildly at Judd and Anna in Tagalog.

    Mike: INIT +3, PER +3, AC 19, HP 22, CMD 15, Will +4, ACTION 5

  • Ready to throw his last pipe bomb now. Will have a move action remaining after he throws.

    Sam: INIT +3, PER +3, AC 17/18 (MELEE 18), HP 27 (-9), CMD 18, WILL +1, ACTION 25

  • Just terminated Z-Hulk.

    Dave: INIT +3, PER +7, AC 19, HP 33 (-10), WILL +1, ACTION 15

  • Wondering what the f~+& to do.

    Sarge: INIT +2, PER +1, AC 16, HP 32, WILL 0

  • Just capped Charlie Z.

    Cord: INIT +2, PER +6, AC 20, HP 27 (-19), CMD 17, WILL +1

  • Watching Mike's back if that it okay with you AllDMs, and I gave him a five foot step so he can attack anything that enters the square behind Mike. Grabbing Sam with the rifle on her shoulder is probably even more dangerous than trying to axe this thing. I don't want to overrule you--but it seemed like you might not have seen the map and I didn't want Cord to blow Sam's shot (she's higher init). You certainly could have turned Mike or Sarge around while stepping toward the thing.

    Anna: INIT +1, PER +2, AC 13, HP 16, Will +3, ACTION 17

  • Is guarding the stairs going down.

    Dr. Cherry & Aunt Terri


  • Zombies move through the smoke, still blinded but moving toward you nonetheless--guided by something. Now only walker Z has concealment (20%)

    On the stairs below, zombies are boiling up. A few look like they're almost at level 4.

    Fire alarm, smoke, gunfire, zombies, Cthonian psykers, alien parasites. Chaos. And only one of you saw the horror upstairs...

    Mike:

    Spoiler:
    A buzzing erupts in your ears... Cord is next to you screaming, the Bic is crap: two or three flicks to get a flame every time. Then something hammers into your head, but nothing's there.

    DC 18 will roll to resist.

    Failed roll Mike takes 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3 from a psionic hit.

    It's coming from walker zombie.

    ED: See discussion thread about action points. Crap f#**ing roll.

    Sam:

    Spoiler:
    The white light lances out at Mike this time.

    Johnnie:

    Spoiler:
    They didn't follow you... strange.


    >>>>>MAP<<<<<


    Group's go.


    Kruelaid wrote:


    Mike: ** spoiler omitted **

    LOL Shiny. I just re-read the spoiler. Not having an editor: priceless.


    I guess we really need to find out what Mike's pipe bomb does before everyone starts shooting and running. Hitting I15 gets all the Zs except one so we'll need 11 separate 2d6 rolls to resolve the explosion. Unless Shiny has something else in mind.


    Kruelaid wrote:

  • Watching Mike's back if that it okay with you AllDMs, and I gave him a five foot step so he can attack anything that enters the square behind Mike. Grabbing Sam with the rifle on her shoulder is probably even more dangerous than trying to axe this thing. I don't want to overrule you--but it seemed like you might not have seen the map and I didn't want Cord to blow Sam's shot (she's higher init). You certainly could have turned Mike or Sarge around while stepping toward the thing.
  • You are correct, for some reason I convinced my self that the crawler was on the pile of bones by the nurses station. Cord nudges Mike and steps to K8 as he yells "come on you mother f@%$er!" at the bug.

    readied attack with the axe rolled below:

    Spoiler:
    Fire Axe (Cleaver)
    +5 Attack / 1d6+2 Damage, Critical 19-20, Type S
    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

    Now I need to hope that I get an AOO if it enters my square as it hopefully has 0 reach.


    "GRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

    "WAR! WAR! WAR!"


    "Parang awa ninyo! Huwag ninyo akong patayin!!!"


    “Sh*t! Johnnie, slow down mate.” Dave turns to Anna. “I can’t understand a word, but it looks like 6 is out,” he yells. Looks down. “Four is pretty much out. Sounds like they’re still fighting in there, but we might have to take our chances through Five.” Dave swallows hard at the thought. Not what he would have preferred.

    “Someone see if you can get some sense out of Johnnie. Doc, I need you to watch the stairs up, yell or shoot if you see anything coming down. It might be crawling on the ceiling …” For his part, Judd hefts the Colt to shoulder height and waits for the first zombie to step onto the landing below.

    Readied action to shoot (head shot if it is a zombie, low shot if a crawling hand thing) at the first hostile that approaches the landing below.

    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Damage: 2d8 - 1 ⇒ (1, 7) - 1 = 7 Point blank shot factored in, head shot penalties are not.


    <Mike stagger for a moment from some unseen force.>

    "Fire in the HOLE!"

    <But still gets the pipe bomb away toward I15>

    To hit 1d20 ⇒ 4

    Miss 1d8 ⇒ 3 lower left one square left.

    *BOOM*

    2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8
    2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7
    2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9
    2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
    2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
    2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10
    2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6
    2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7
    2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9
    2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4
    2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

    <Ignoring Cord's screaming and oblivious to the creature lurking at K2, for his second action Mike removes his bag/pack and pulls out the 30 lb IED he found at Mosquito creek, poking at the watch timer.>


    >>>>>MAP<<<<<


    The pipe bomb explosion rocks the hallway.

    Two zombies remain standing but shredded. Others moan and lay on the floor, some twitchy, some dazed and chewing on other zombies.

    Walker zombie is no longer visible through the smoke.

    Sam:

    Spoiler:
    Walker Z is still there. You can feel him.


    Announcement: lol... check the rules discussion of weapons and weapon groups in the discussion thread.


    Sam, Sarge, Anna, Cherry


    Female Human (Caucasian; Australian) Fast Hero 4

    "Where are you you bastard," Sam whispers to herself as she attempts to unload on the next Zombie to clear the smoke. Unfortunately her mind is too focused on trying to search for Walker Z to hit.

    Head Shot next Zombie with Beowulf: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 4 = 6


    Attacking K13. Headshot.

    1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 4 = 15
    2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8

    4,101 to 4,150 of 4,293 << first < prev | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Z-Day PBP All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.