Z-Day PBP

Game Master Dramatis Personae


4,051 to 4,100 of 4,293 << first < prev | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | next > last >>

sh-t ...


Kruel::

Spoiler:
Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 plus action point: 1d6 ⇒ 2, Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 (think I can only use one action point a round ...


Dave Judd wrote:
Kruel:: ** spoiler omitted **

Judd cries out and staggers as if something has slammed into him. Inside the mask blood erupts from his nose.

Your go...


d20 modern core p148...


Judd is buffeted again by some unseen force, once, twice. At the second time he screams, clutching his head with one hand. “Arrrgggggh!”

He turns, reeling, sees the others in the stair. “Go …” he croaks. Dimly he seems to hear Sarge’s shout and nods, fumbling at his belt for the flash grenades.

Ok, I didn’t have it to hand, so grabbing them is a move action, right?

He pulls the pins, then hurls two of the grenades forward, turning his head away and squeezing his eyes shut as he does so.

Aim is to throw the grenades 40 feet to J15.

Throw: 1d20 + 6 - 8 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 8 = 18 included penalty for range, assuming 10 ft range increments. Not sure what sort of damage they do.

EDIT: 20, yes!


Kruelaid wrote:
d20 modern core p148...

I only have the srd, but didn't see them. Using range increments of a normal grenade, not sure of damage, effect, blast radius ... (hopefully less then 45 feet).


Then move into stair or five foot step (stumble) towards stair as I’ve probably used my move action to draw the grenades. Also, if its impossible to throw two, or would have no greater effect then one, I’ll stick with one.


Everyone watches Judd throw the two flashbangs out around the corner as he turns and covers his eyes... they clatter across tile and a few seconds tick.

The darkened hallway brightens twice, but by the time the second hits everyone has closed their eyes from the blast of the first, and they only see it through the pink of the eyelid.

And simultaneously two deafening bangs... and then horrible shrieking and roaring.

Mysterious rolling
1d20 ⇒ 20
1d20 ⇒ 13
1d20 ⇒ 17
1d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 3

Update from previous post, for everyone in the hall or anyone who goes out into the hallway:

Spoiler:

In the front a zombie hulk, every bit as large and rippling with muscle as the last--it roars and claws at its eyes.

At its side a small fast moving man clutching his head.

Behind the two of them another pair: two old men. On the right is the squeaking man, rolling forward in a wheelchair propelled by... nothing. His head lolls to the side, drool spills out onto his hospital gown. He's thin to the point of starvation--his skin pale and roadmapped with veins. He looks like he could barely lift himself from the chair if at all. Out of his right ear, standing up above his head, and thrashing around blindly is an eye stalk. He is shrieking and pounding at his chair with age weakened fists.

To his right another old man, with a walker. His robe ripples with movement as if something is moving around him, under the gown, all around his waist. His mouth is opened wide and from it peers an eyeball, staring off blindly.

At their flank are a dozen zombies, all clawing at their eyes.


Cool ...


Dave Judd wrote:
Kruelaid wrote:
d20 modern core p148...
I only have the srd, but didn't see them. Using range increments of a normal grenade, not sure of damage, effect, blast radius ... (hopefully less then 45 feet).

In fact there are no flashbangs in the core... I just made up some stats.


<Mike pushes through and steps out into the hall J9, looking around the corner.>

"That is... just... fnckin sick!"

<He pulls out a pipe bomb and starts flicking at the fuse with a lighter.>

No rules for pipe-bombs either so I'm making it a move action hassle to light one if that sounds reasonable. He can throw next round.


Kruelaid wrote:

Not saying you can't run away... but INITIATIVE.

Sarge (tactics):** spoiler omitted **

"Go! Go! Go!"

Johnnie exercises the option to runaway!


Two move actions take Johnnie up to H9 on the 6th floor. But he doesn't finish his move...

Johnnie:

Spoiler:
You have the speed and strength to keep going... but what you see literally stops you in your tracks, as your mind attempts to grapple with what you're looking at.

It' not just the pair of zombies crouched and readying themselves to charge at you: it's what you see behind them.

A nude woman, hugely bloated with some kind of monstrous pregnancy lays on the floor between the 6th floor nurse's desk and the core elevator shaft about 50 feet in front of you--her legs open toward you.

From her sides 4 greyish green tentacles fuss over dozens if not hundreds of eggs that lay before her bleeding birth canal. Before your very eyes several more of the eggs squeeze out, are embraced and snuggled by her tentacles... and she opens her eyes, looking straight at you.

If it could be said to get worse... the emptied leathery husk of dozens of the eggs seem to have been cast away.

Her guardians, 30 feet in front of you, snarl.

Perception roll.

That should teach him.

You know, I kind of regret not using sanity points now.


Uh oh …

Pat, Sam, Cord and the NPCs still have actions this round.


Cord looks around in desperation at the panicked faces of the others and decides to add some more confusion to the carnage. He steps out into the hall way..... Goes back to read the covered posts and wishes he had stayed in the stair well.
He drags his eyes away from the approaching horde and scans the wall looking for a fire alarm trigger.

If I see one and can reach it safely I will pull it/smash the glass or how ever they are activated in Canada. I figure if they are blinded by the flash bangs, then alarm bells going off should rob them of another sense.


Patrick stands by Dave and takes in the abhorrent scene. He sees Dave's intent to throw the flash bang and averts his eyes.

"C'mon, let's go! Whatever the fnck those things are, we can't fight them! We gotta keep moving up!"

Patrick Looks for a way to bar the stairway once they enter

K(Tactics): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Due to work and personal concerns, I don't know how timely my posts will be until the weekend. If needs be, GMPC the sarge as needed.


Cord Vogel wrote:

If I see one and can reach it safely I will pull it/smash the glass or how ever they are activated in Canada. I figure if they are blinded by the flash bangs, then alarm bells going off should rob them of another sense.

In fact flashbangs also deafen you if you're really close.

Also, I just did some research and apparently they run on battery... And of course there's always an alarm by the stairs.

Not worried about the $500 dollar fine... Cord pulls the lever on a fire alarm and the din of fire bells break out from all around.


Sgt. Curtin wrote:

Patrick stands by Dave and takes in the abhorrent scene. He sees Dave's intent to throw the flash bang and averts his eyes.

"C'mon, let's go! Whatever the fnck those things are, we can't fight them! We gotta keep moving up!"

Patrick Looks for a way to bar the stairway once they enter

K(Tactics): 1d20+6

Due to work and personal concerns, I don't know how timely my posts will be until the weekend. If needs be, GMPC the sarge as needed.

No problem, I'll put this up just in case. If you don't show I'll follow the advice given here.

Sarge:

Spoiler:
You can't barricade anything here on the main stairwell. To get to the roof you'll need to use the freight elevator shaft or the emergency stairwells. So while you might need to go up a few floors in the public stairwell, you will need to cut across to the fire stairs sooner or later.

Once on the roof, how to barricade the doors is guesswork. From what you've seen of movies, they always swing out onto the roof and that presents a problem. Your sword or Judd's crowbar may or may not work.

The fire alarm was a good idea. It should help conceal your movement from the zombies, although as you remember it they can sniff people out.

Starting a fire in the stairwell may work. There are chemicals everywhere and the doctor poured alcohol on your arms and legs to clean you off... Maybe fire would hold the zombies back.


My next question was going to be the sprinkler system. Is it likely to still work? That would mask our smell and make the zombies uncomfortable and damp....


Sgt. Curtin wrote:

Patrick Looks for a way to bar the stairway once they enter

I don't think this stair has any doors - main stair of the building I imagine it as a pretty broad, open stair.


Cord Vogel wrote:
make the zombies uncomfortable and damp....

That'll learn 'em! ;-P


Cord Vogel wrote:
My next question was going to be the sprinkler system. Is it likely to still work? That would mask our smell and make the zombies uncomfortable and damp....

It's no longer pressurized you're pretty sure, but that won't stop the pipes from draining everything in the pipes floors above. Mike's pipe bomb will probably blow the sprinklers open where the zombies are.


Dave Judd wrote:
Sgt. Curtin wrote:

Patrick Looks for a way to bar the stairway once they enter

I don't think this stair has any doors - main stair of the building I imagine it as a pretty broad, open stair.

Exactly what I wrote in Sarge's spoiler. Eventually you will need to move across to the fire stairs to get to the roof. This stairwell probably won't go any higher than the top floor. For sealing the roof doors it's guesswork. Since Patrick is oging to be gone for a bit here's his idea:

Sarge to Judd after his "Let's go!":

"I think we may need to start a fire to keep them back off the roof."


Dave Judd wrote:

Pat, Sam, Cord and the NPCs still have actions this round.

Waiting to see what Sam does. Her spoilers are pretty important to your survival.


Bribes always welcome

OK, sarge will discuss the spoiler's info and opt for the emergency stairwell.

Looking about, Patrick tries to help Cord find a fire alarm

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Are we carrying any kerosene? It might mask our smell


Kruelaid wrote:

Two move actions take Johnnie up to H9 on the 6th floor. But he doesn't finish his move...

Johnnie:** spoiler omitted **

That should teach him.

You know, I kind of regret not using sanity points now.

[ooc]Perception[ooc] 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Uh oh, Radavel's river is flooding again.


Juan "Johnnie" Rico wrote:

Perception 21

Johnnie:

Spoiler:
You catch some motion among the eggs as something ducks away. Like a spider with eyestalks and long forelimbs. The size of a small cat. Like a hand. Like a squid with bones. Pale and greenish--the same color of Anna's grandfather's tentacles. Something uncoils and drags from it's underbelly. It reminds you of the parasite from Alien. Then it's gone behind the nursing station desk.

Kruelaid wrote:

Sarge to Judd after his "Let's go!":

"I think we may need to start a fire to keep them back off the roof."

I'm pretty sure Judd doesn't register what Sarge says over the din of the fire alarm and the afterglow of the flash grenade ... and besides, he's got other things on his mind right now.

But if he had heard him, and if he knew Cord was planning on activating the sprinkler system, he might point out that the two plans may not be compatable.


Dave Judd wrote:

But if he had heard him, and if he knew Cord was planning on activating the sprinkler system, he might point out that the two plans may not be compatable.

I'm pretty sure from my contractor days that sprinklers are localized--although I've never seen it tested. The whole place shouldn't go, just places where there are explosions and fires. Whatever happens... it's gonna be a wild ride.


>>>>>MAP<<<<<

Lot's to read, Flash. The alarm is ringing; Mike is flicking a lighter to set off a pipe bomb; Johnnie ran off somewhere, is probably getting eaten; and you have a bunch of spoilers to read.


Kruelaid wrote:
Uh oh, Radavel's river is flooding again.

Rain just stopped, so don't jinx it


Kruelaid wrote:
Juan "Johnnie" Rico wrote:

Perception 21

Johnnie:** spoiler omitted **

"Oh crap!"

Johnnie stifles a scream and moves as fast as he could in the direction he came from.


Covering the stairs down with readied action.


Female Human (Caucasian; Australian) Fast Hero 4

Sam suddenly shakes her head and her eyes look focused once more. "NO!," she screams. "You can't have me, get out of my head..."
She turns and goes to bring the pistol up ready and realizes it's not in her hand. Fumbling around for a second, she puts her tonfa away and swings the Beowulf around off her back. "You guys need to move. The old ones can hit you from a distance. I don't know where we're going, but wherever it is we better do it now. I'll cover us."
She steps out into the corridor and trains the Beowulf on the first available target and let's loose.

Attack Fast Zombie with Beowulf: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 4d12 ⇒ (2, 8, 5, 2) = 17


Sam steps out into the hall and faces the zombies. Bewoulf roars and fast zombie's head blooms into a red mist. Headless, it falls backwards like a plank.


ROUND 2: Order

Zombies

  • 2 old zombies, z-hulk, and some of the shamblers are blinded and deafened--they're indicated as upside down on the map.

    Johnnie: INIT +6, PER +9, AC 16, HP 42, WILL +6, ACTION 24

  • Upstairs, running back down.

    Mike: INIT +3, PER +3, AC 19, HP 22, CMD 15, Will +4, ACTION 5

  • Will be able to thrown his pipe bomb first move action.

    Sam: INIT +3, PER +3, AC 17/18 (MELEE 18), HP 27 (-9), CMD 18, WILL +1, ACTION 25

  • Just decapitated Kung Fu zombie.

    Dave: INIT +3, PER +7, AC 19, HP 33 (-10), WILL +1, ACTION 15

  • Just threw the flash nades.

    Sarge: INIT +2, PER +1, AC 16, HP 32, WILL 0

  • Trying to think of how to escape.

    Cord: INIT +2, PER +6, AC 20, HP 27 (-19), CMD 17, WILL +1

  • Just set off the fire alarm. The whole place is buzzing.

    Anna: INIT +1, PER +2, AC 13, HP 16, Will +3, ACTION 17

  • Is guarding the stairs going down.


  • A couple of the zombies who were at the edge of the flash, and had their line of sight blocked, they lope forward two move actions.

    Johnnie:

    Spoiler:
    6h floor H9. Two move actions bring the guardian zombies right to you. If you run they get AoOs. One of mother zombie's tentacles is snaking across the floor toward you. Your go.

    Group's go.

    Shiny, you back? Mike's flicking the fuse on a pimp bomb....


    >>>>>MAP<<<<<


    “Sam! Sarge! We gotta move!” yells Dave over the din of the fire alarm, grabbing Pat’s arm and gesturing at Mike, who is trying to light his pipe bomb.

    He brings up the Colt Commando – he’s still clutching the grip in his off hand – and fires off a headshot at the closest zombie (J15). 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Damage: 2d8 - 2 ⇒ (8, 7) - 2 = 13

    He then dashes into the stairwell to H10.

    “How close?” he asks Anna, putting his head close to hers to be heard, and looking down the stair.


    Mike DMPC wrote:

    <While the others talk, Mike rifles through his backpack, slipping a couple of pipe bombs into pockets where he can get them quickly. He half recites half sings a tune to himself quietly while he works.>

    "...If I saw your body burning in the street
    I'd put you out with gasoline
    When the garbage piles up past my knees
    And the rats are running free
    I'll say we're even -
    You'll know it's the end of something

    Touch our fear
    Don't be afraid..."

    <After the redistribution he pats Wassabi on the head and pulls from his backpack what looks like a home made bomb with a timer on it. He fiddles with the wiring, checking connections, then slips it back into his bag.>

    "So you guys gonna hug and s$&+?"

    SHIIIIIIINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

    How is it that you can play my character better than I can?

    I'm back, by the way. Long story, don't want to talk about it.


    Dave Judd wrote:

    “How close?” he asks Anna, putting his head close to hers to be heard, and looking down the stair.

    "Closest are three levels down. Half a minute?"


    Dave Judd wrote:

    He brings up the Colt Commando...and fires off a headshot at the closest zombie...

    He then dashes into the stairwell to H10.

    Judd is gone before it falls.


    >>>>>MAP<<<<<


    Sgt. Curtin wrote:

    "Ahh sweet Christ, People! up the stairs! Now! "

    Patrick remembers the flash grenades =P and hurreidly digs them out.

    Sure would be nice if we had some GRENADES, don't ya think?


    Mike O'Neill wrote:
    Sgt. Curtin wrote:

    "Ahh sweet Christ, People! up the stairs! Now! "

    Patrick remembers the flash grenades =P and hurreidly digs them out.

    Sure would be nice if we had some GRENADES, don't ya think?

    Heh.

    Well, you are holding a pipe bomb, fuse lit, pretty much the next best thing ...


    Kruelaid wrote:

    A couple of the zombies who were at the edge of the flash, and had their line of sight blocked, they lope forward two move actions.

    Johnnie:** spoiler omitted **

    Group's go.

    Shiny, you back? Mike's flicking the fuse on a pimp bomb....

    Mike leans out into the hallway and lobs the bomb into the gang of Slither extras.

    "FIRE IN THE HOLE, M*%!#@!%!$!*S!"

    Basic ranged attack (?): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

    "Oh, s$*#..."


    And while "Undead" by the Hollywood Undead may be the zombies' theme song in this game, THIS is, in my opinion, the theme song for the whole play-by-post.


    Mike O'Neill wrote:

    Mike leans out into the hallway and lobs the bomb into the gang of Slither extras.

    "FIRE IN THE HOLE, M*+&%*$$!$~%S!"

    Basic ranged attack (?): 10

    "Oh, s!+!..."

    Mike juggles the pipe for a second but still gets it away, skidding across the floor right to the feet of walker zombie. Charlie Z stops pounding the handles of his wheelchair, his eyestalk stops thrashing...

    Then a crack and cloud of white smoke swallows him up and everyone around him.

    Nails and chunks of pipe clatter past Sam.

    Z Hulk 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 2) = 9
    Charlie Z 3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 4) = 12
    Walker 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 3) = 12
    I15 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 6) = 16
    E16 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 3) = 12
    F17 3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 1) = 6
    F16 3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 5) = 13
    G17 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 3) = 6
    G18 3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 3) = 11

    After the explosion you can still see Z-hulk and I15, flayed by but still standing, but the Zs behind them are partially concealed in smoke. You're not sure but it looks like a few of the zombies behind may have gone down.

    Unless I hear otherwise I'll assume Mike is lighting the other pipe bomb with his second action for this round.


    >>>>>MAP<<<<<

    4,051 to 4,100 of 4,293 << first < prev | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Z-Day PBP All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.