Why Can't Fighters Have Nice Hobgoblins? Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Stalwart

Day 5, Week 2

Starday, 29 Gozran, 4717 AR

Militia Population: 28
Remaining Provision Points: 117
Livestock: 22 animals

maps
Loot list


2,401 to 2,450 of 2,465 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

Male Elf Fighter (archer)/rogue* 5 | AC 19 (20 with buckler), T 14, F 15, CMD 19 | F 5 R 5 W 3 | hp 39/39 | Init +4 | Perc +11, +13 vs traps, darkvision 60' | Effects:

"That lot is so drunk, maybe we don't even talk to them, we just sneak right by. With no rangers, what do we want with the fort?"


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

"We don't know that there are no rangers. Or if they have left anything behind that we could use."
I am metagaming a bit, but I think there has to be some point to investigating this fort.

"I'm more inclined to pick them off, since they seem quite hostile. Maybe we set a trap?"


Male Elf Fighter (archer)/rogue* 5 | AC 19 (20 with buckler), T 14, F 15, CMD 19 | F 5 R 5 W 3 | hp 39/39 | Init +4 | Perc +11, +13 vs traps, darkvision 60' | Effects:

I invested skill ranks in Craft (traps), but I have not studied the game mechanics.

Eyebrow raised, Aerel asks, "I'm inclined to try to sneak, but what do you have in mind?"

Sovereign Court

Dex Damage (1) Wounds (5) HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (0/1)

”Get archers on the walls. Then everyone else walks in and rips them a new one. They’ll be too drunk to fight effectively.”


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

I wasn't thinking of actual physical traps, but rather luring enemies into an ambush as we have done before.
"First scout a bit Aerel and try to gauge their numbers and positions. Does anyone need healing?"


Male Elf Fighter (archer)/rogue* 5 | AC 19 (20 with buckler), T 14, F 15, CMD 19 | F 5 R 5 W 3 | hp 39/39 | Init +4 | Perc +11, +13 vs traps, darkvision 60' | Effects:

Aerel nods his understanding. "I'm fine. I'll have a look."

He cautiously moves up to the broken bit of wall to peer in and see what he can learn of the occupants. He looks for traps as he does so, in case the fey had laid some surprises when they were more sober.

Stealth, moving slowly: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Perception vs. Traps: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Perception vs. the occupants: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


GM: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Aerel slips into the courtyard and dashes from spot of cover to spot of cover. He counts roughly a dozen of these small, hairy men. All of them are severely inebriated, and participating in various games or drunken sport. He notices four of them dash from one end of the courtyard to another, but amazingly diving into a boulder one after the other and reappearing from another rock halfway across the 'track!' A few others are testing their strength by lifting rocks of various sizes, and a good number of them are blearily staring off into space in a drunken stupor.

Aerel:
As he gets close to a pair chatting, he overhears their slurred words.
"I found a few scales on the ground; must have been from before we arrived for the revel. Black as blood, I'd swear they were."

The fortress's courtyard of hard-packed earth and gravel is filled with large stones spilled from the tumbled northeastern tower. A building situated against the northern wall has been almost entirely crushed, while an intact stable stands against the southern wall. A wooden double door stands slightly ajar to the west, leading out of the fort. Another double door leads into the large keep to the east, and a balcony twenty feet above the keep's entrance overlooks the courtyard. A narrow wooden door stands at the base of each of the three remaining towers.

Of the stones scattered across the courtyard, the largest are as tall as a human and all are stained dark red. The source of the stains is no mystery: hobgoblin corpses with slit throats hang upside-down from crude gibbets above each of the gruesome stones.


Male Elf Fighter (archer)/rogue* 5 | AC 19 (20 with buckler), T 14, F 15, CMD 19 | F 5 R 5 W 3 | hp 39/39 | Init +4 | Perc +11, +13 vs traps, darkvision 60' | Effects:

Are all of the doors closed other than the one leading out of the fort?


Male Human Fighter 5| AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 49/49| F +7 R +5 W +2; +1 vs Fear | Init +3 | Perc +9

William moves over to the base of the tower they were going to scale if the area is clear of the cloud from the plant.


Yes, the doors are closed. The plant cloud is dispersed.


Male Human Fighter 5| AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 49/49| F +7 R +5 W +2; +1 vs Fear | Init +3 | Perc +9

William takes the grapple and rope out and attempts to hook it to the tower top.

Grapple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Male Elf Fighter (archer)/rogue* 5 | AC 19 (20 with buckler), T 14, F 15, CMD 19 | F 5 R 5 W 3 | hp 39/39 | Init +4 | Perc +11, +13 vs traps, darkvision 60' | Effects:

Aerel curses unfortunate luck and slowly works his way back out of the fort.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

If one of the creatures raises an alarm, he will bolt for the door and will turn away from the rest of the party as he passes out of view in hopes to give them a moment of surprise against any that follow him out.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Once Aerel is back...
"Sounds good, Grum. Let me try to Bluff them, drunk as they are, but if they don't buy it then we fight."

The plan we meant to do before the plant creature attacked. Archers on a tower using the crenelations as cover, with the grappling hook to get up there. Using cold iron arrows as long as those last. Amkarang, Grum, and Benedict just walk in, with Benedict trying a Bluff that we were invited to the Revel by Halk. If they believe it, we bring down the archers to join us and walk in the main doors. If not, we fight.


With a bit of effort, the archers climb to the top of the battlement. They find the top of the tower deserted, though a stout wooden trapdoor bars the way down into the northwestern tower.

The stage is set. Ready to bluff, Benedict?


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Benedict walks to the gap in the wall.
Using Inspired on the Bluff check.
He greets the drunken revelers in Sylvan.

Sylvan:
"Halk invited us! Said he wanted to greet us personally. What a Revel! You're doing great!"

Then he walks perfectly naturally through the gap - while being ready to turn and duck behind the wall if the revelers should seem hostile.

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Bluff, Inspired: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Most of the revelers don't even look up or acknowledge Benedict. A few regard him with bleary eyes -- some of them rubbing their eyes as if he were a hallucination -- and go back to their drinking games. Only one or two manage to pay attention long enough to understand what Benedict says, and just drunkenly wave him on toward the main keep.

By avoiding combat, you still earn XP! 4,800!


Go ahead and finish leveling, but I'll move you all ahead to the next room.

The lofty entry hall contains a set of stairs ascending to the north, a double door to the west (the one you came in through), and a swinging door to the east. THe odor of cooking meat wafts from the eastern door. Angled halls exit to the north and south ending at stout wooden doors. Thick tapestries depicting forest scenes adorn the walls, but each tapestry is badly torn and stained with blood.

There is a tall creature standing on the opposite side of the dining table. It is a patchwork of rotten cloth and grotesque skin, with stray bits of straw poking out the seams.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 15:

This is a skinstitch, a crude construct made of cloth, leather, hides, and skins sewn together into a roughly ogre-like shape and stuffed with hay. Skinstitches are usually created by a spellcaster lacking the power, talent, or gold to craft a flesh golem.

Knowledge (nature) or Perception DC 20:

There appears to be a large bee or wasp hive stuffed into the chest cavity of the creature. A significant strike may cause the insects within to start swarming.

Enemy: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Grum: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Benedict: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
William: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Amkarang: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Aerel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Male Human Fighter 5| AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 49/49| F +7 R +5 W +2; +1 vs Fear | Init +3 | Perc +9

William sees into the room and stammers "What the..." as he looses two arrows at the thing.

Kn: Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Mwk. Comp. Longbow (+2 Str) PBS RS 1: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 20 Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 7
Mwk. Comp. Longbow (+2 Str) PBS RS 2: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 26 Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 8

Sovereign Court

Dex Damage (1) Wounds (5) HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (0/1)

Acrobatics to jump on the table with boots of springing and striding: 1d20 + 1 - 5 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 1 - 5 + 5 = 18

Diving Charge off the table: 1d20 + 1 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 5 - 5 = 19

Jump on the table to Hit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Damage with Fire: 2d4 + 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (3, 2) + (1) + 16 = 22

Confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Damage: 2d4 + 16 ⇒ (4, 3) + 16 = 23

+1 Hit And damage with banner if applicable, and another +2 if a Flank is possible

Grum didn’t know what it was. But he knew that it didn’t look friendly...and more to the point the last fight had left him frustrated. It had made him feel weak. It made him feel useless. And it made him want to take his anger out on something...he went in, jumped onto the table, took off running and leapt at the construct, striking it as he came down.


Fighter 4 | AC 21 (22 in fortress mode, 23 w/ full attack), T 13, F 15, 20 CMD | F 6 R 4 W 1 | Init +3 | Perc +5

Amkarang runs forward and swings at the beast with his meteor hammer, swinging with added force at the cost of some accuracy.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Attack, Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 2 = 23
Damage, Power Attack: 1d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 6 = 18


William's arrows sink deep into the amalgam, but the patchwork nature of the creature absorbs most of the damage he would have caused. Grum's massive hit nearly ends the thing, but as he rips through the stitched creation, his sword slashes through a wasp's nest that was embedded within it's torso. A swarm of angry insects billow out, buzzing angrily around the orc.

Amkarang's heavy blow crushes the construct, and it collapses.

The insects, however, sting Grum several times.

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
Also, Fort save vs. poison DC 13 or take 1 Dex damage

Aerel, seeing that the creature is down but the swarm being a threat, fishes out a flask of alchemist's fire and lobs it at the swarm.

Ranged touch, pbs: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 = 25
Fire: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

You're up!

Sovereign Court

Dex Damage (1) Wounds (5) HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (0/1)

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

”Not the bees!”

Grum swung his blade wildly. Luckily, it was covered in flames.

Hit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Fire: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Sovereign Court

Dex Damage (1) Wounds (5) HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (0/1)

Retcon

Using barroom brawler to cast burning hands. See discussion. Also 5ft step back

As Grum swung his sword, flames erupted from it. Usually the fire just encased the blade...now it spread like an inferno. A true sign of his draconic heritage.

Burning Hands: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 1, 4) = 12


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Benedict draws and throws an alchemists' fire at the swarm.
Ranged Attack, Flag?: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18
Damage, Flag?: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
So with the 50% extra vs swarms, 3 damage if the flag morale bonus applies, 1 if not.


I'll say the flag bonus counts. Also, I'll say Grum's attack roll was his save vs distraction.

Swarm reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Aerel throws his second flask of alchemists fire.

Ranged touch, pbs: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 = 28
Fire: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

With the combined fiery attacks, the swarm is destroyed. 1,600 xp


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Benedict works to put out any fires damaging things in the room.
"Don't want to burn the place down."

"To the east - a kitchen, I guess?"
Benedict listens near the swinging door.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Benedict is indeed able to catch the scent of foodstuffs as he tries to listen at the door.

He catches the sound of arguing in Sylvan. The exchange goes on for some time, two male voices arguing over the best food to prepare given the remains of the fort's stores.

I'm not going to write out the full transcript, but just know that there's two distinct, male voices (rather rich and compelling voices at that) arguing over what they're going to make for dinner.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

"Back me up."
Benedict has the MW Cold Iron scimitar and the flag at his waist, with buckler in hand.

He will walk openly into the kitchen and say,

Sylvan:
"No need, no need, Halk has tasked us with kitchen duty. Go join the revel in the courtyard!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Male Elf Fighter (archer)/rogue* 5 | AC 19 (20 with buckler), T 14, F 15, CMD 19 | F 5 R 5 W 3 | hp 39/39 | Init +4 | Perc +11, +13 vs traps, darkvision 60' | Effects:

Aerel keeps an ear out on the conversation in Sylvan, but his eyes are focused on what he sees around the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


This functional kitchen has heavy, wooden shelves filled with utensils and basic supplies. A large stove occupies the southeastern corner of the room. Opposite it, a narrow set of stairs leads down.

SM: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
SM: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

The two beings, who appear to be well-muscled males from the waist up, have prominent curved horns on their head. From the waist down, their animal-like legs are shaggy and end in cloven hooves.

The two regard Benedict with suspicion at first, but then shrug. One buries a cleaver in a block of wood and stalks out of the room.

Sylvan:

"Fine! But you figure out what to make with what meager provisions Linder will let you have! Don't come to us if he won't give you anything more than this!"

He waves his hands at the single sack of flour, pile of beets, and side of bacon that's on the counter.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Benedict knows about these guys?

Sylvan:
"Go enjoy the wine! I will have my team come in here to help."

Benedict says in a perfectly casual tone, "Okay guys, come on in. We got some work to do."

Once the party is in the kitchen (and the fey are out), he proposes searching the room and then checking out the stairs going down.

Sovereign Court

Dex Damage (1) Wounds (5) HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (0/1)

”Well done. Let’s hurry though, before the idiots realize what’s up.”


Male Elf Fighter (archer)/rogue* 5 | AC 19 (20 with buckler), T 14, F 15, CMD 19 | F 5 R 5 W 3 | hp 39/39 | Init +4 | Perc +11, +13 vs traps, darkvision 60' | Effects:

Did Aerel find anything looking around the previous room?

Perception to search the kitchen: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 and +1 vs traps


Aerel's thorough examination finds nothing of real value in the dining hall or in the kitchen.

Where to next?


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

"Let's check out these stairs going down."
Aerel first, with Stealth?


The stairs down lead to a low-ceilinged cellar crammed with bags, boxes, and barrels. At the far end of the cellar, a stout door leads to the southwest.

There is one of those hairy men from the courtyard inside the cellar, nursing a bottle of booze.
Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19


Male Elf Fighter (archer)/rogue* 5 | AC 19 (20 with buckler), T 14, F 15, CMD 19 | F 5 R 5 W 3 | hp 39/39 | Init +4 | Perc +11, +13 vs traps, darkvision 60' | Effects:

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

Aerel reports what he's seen to the others that presumably remained behind at the top of the stairs. Whispering, "Perhaps that is Linder, preventing the cooks from getting to the stores?"


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

"Okay, get into position. I'll get him up here."
I moved people around in the kitchen a bit so they would be somewhat out of sight.

Benedict walks down the stairs.

Sylvan:
"Are you Linder? I thought you should know, the cooks complained about you and then took off."

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
While technically everything he said is true, there is still some dishonesty involved in that Benedict is trying to trick Linder.

If Linder starts to move in Benedict's direction, Benedict will head back up the stairs.


SM: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Linder shrugs. "Like I care what them horned bastards-- Hey! You ain't a fey and you ain't luring me out of my larder! I'm in charge down here!"

He gets up and gets aggressive, wielding a club on one hand and his bottle in the other.

Linder: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Grum: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Benedict: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
William: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Amkarang: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Aerel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Sovereign Court

Dex Damage (1) Wounds (5) HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (0/1)

From around the corner he came, walking towards the fey with murderous intent. ”You had to do this the hard way, didn’t you?”

Hit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Damage with fire: 2d4 + 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (2, 4) + (4) + 16 = 26


I'll go ahead and allow that Grum was waiting in the stairwell. It's not a very big cellar, after all. Anyone else want to act?

Sovereign Court

Dex Damage (1) Wounds (5) HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (0/1)

Many Thanks :)


Male Elf Fighter (archer)/rogue* 5 | AC 19 (20 with buckler), T 14, F 15, CMD 19 | F 5 R 5 W 3 | hp 39/39 | Init +4 | Perc +11, +13 vs traps, darkvision 60' | Effects:

Aerel hisses, ”What is he doing? We were supposed to wait up here, right?”

There’s a pause, then his keen ears pick up the sound of conflict. ”Sounds like a fight. Amkarang, you’re going to have a better time of it than two shooters. Maybe you can give those two aid. We will run interference if anyone hears the tussle.”


Fighter 4 | AC 21 (22 in fortress mode, 23 w/ full attack), T 13, F 15, 20 CMD | F 6 R 4 W 1 | Init +3 | Perc +5

Amkarang nods, "You're probably right."

With that, he begins swinging his meteor hammer and heading around the corner.

Once he's able to get the fey within reach, he swings with his weapon, dealing a potentially mighty blow.

Attack, Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 2 = 24
Damage, Power Attack: 1d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 6 = 16


The two front-liners move into the cellar and deal heavy blows to the fey. He responds with a deep-voiced, booming laugh that threatens to burst the eardrums of Grum and Amkarang.

Fortitude Save, please, DC 16 or stunned for 1d2 ⇒ 2 rounds.

You're all up!


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Benedict moves up drawing the MW Cold Iron Scimitar and attacks.
Attack, Flag: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Sovereign Court

Dex Damage (1) Wounds (5) HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (0/1)

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

”Sir Kingston, cover your ears!”

Hit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
With fire: 2d4 + 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (4, 2) + (3) + 16 = 25


Grum and Benedict combine to drop their opponent before he can act any further.

4,000 xp for the two satyrs and Linder

A search of the cellar contains a large stock of food (equivalent of 100 provision points). The large chest that Linder protected (a key is on his person) contains numerous bottles of cheap spirits, cooking sherry, and six bottles of rare herbal liqueurs worth 125 gp each.

There's a door to the southwest that is barred from the outside, meaning that you can easily access it. There's a ring of keys hanging on a hook outside, leading to the easy conclusion that beyond the door may be several jail cells.


Male Elf Fighter (archer)/rogue* 5 | AC 19 (20 with buckler), T 14, F 15, CMD 19 | F 5 R 5 W 3 | hp 39/39 | Init +4 | Perc +11, +13 vs traps, darkvision 60' | Effects:

Aerel says to William, "That laughter was a bit disconcerting. Unless it was Grum, but I don't think it was. Now it's quiet - maybe they defeated him."

He pauses, then looks at the door out to where the fey continue their revelry. "I'd hate for us to get stuck in the basement without warning. Maybe you can go down and see how they are faring - I'll stay here and give warning if the fey come see where their supper is."


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Benedict takes the keys and opens the door to the jail cells.

2,401 to 2,450 of 2,465 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Shisumo's Why Can't Fighters Have Nice Hobgoblins? Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.