Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle

Game Master Laithoron

[ Links: Matrix | ToC | Wiki ]


4,051 to 4,100 of 11,113 << first < prev | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | next > last >>

With a flash of light like a mirror being smashed and a sound to match, Lureene disappears from the giant's grasp!

What the hell?!

A split second later, there is the sound tinkling of glass and she reforms behind the other giant, rapier in hand whereupon she casts a spell.

Resolving herself to ask her retainer what she just did later on, Alis decides to take advantage of the situation and leaps to attack purposefully dancing around in front of the giant before doing so in order to keep him distracted from attacking Lureene.

Lureene just barely stifles a gasp as the giant levels a swing at Alis that she's sure will separate her friend from her pretty head. Yet once again, Alis ducks at the last second driving the tip of her blade upwards into the giant's abdomen. As she moves, Lureene can just barely see her slip a dagger into her offhand, although she doesn't attack with it just yet...

Rolls:
AoO vs AC 28 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25 favored enemy

rapier 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 = 18 flank, expertise
dmg 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (4) = 9 sneak attack
AC 25 + 1 = 26 expertise, +2 vs movement-based AoOs


Male Human Fighter 4

Realizing that she is too agile to hit directly, the giant harrassing Alis tries to take her legs out from under her with brute force. However, it goes poorly for him and she leaps the attack delivering another thrust of her blade to his stomach.

Meanwhile the giant that was just holding Lureene looks down at his hands in surprise for a moment before it finally registers that she teleported somehow. He stomps forward intent upon reclaiming his prey and incurs a painful prick to his hand from Lureene's rapier. Yet it's not enough to put him off and the big lout once again grabs her in both hands, growling in anger.

Rolls:
AoO 1/5 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 1 = 22 expertise
dmg 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (4) = 9
gladius 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

AoO 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
dmg 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
vs CMD 15 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 = 23 charge


"So El," Alis says casually as she yanks her rapier free eliciting a grunt of pain from the bloodied giant, "how long can keep that guy busy? This is working out pretty well so far..."

Next Up: Lureene; Alis, Giants
MAP: N-Sacred Hut, (Round 03)


Lureene glares at the giant, and yells "Get your filthy hands off me!" This has no effect on the giant, of course, so after hearing Alis yell "Get out of his reach" She notices the roof beckoning...With a shouted word, she vanishes once again! After reappearing, shouts another summoning phrase and her favorite eagle appears!

Use anklet 2/2, teleport to F24 on top of roof.
Standard Action, use SLA Summon Monster I to summon Celestial Eagle.
Order it to attack the giant flanking Alis
Eagle attacks:
Attack Talon #1 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6 higher ground
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3
Talon #2 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5 higher ground
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3
Bite 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 = 15 higher ground
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4


Lureene bamfs atop the roof and a moment later her favorite eagle appears in her place. With a shrill cry, it tears a small chunk from the shoulders of the giant facing Alis.

Down below, Alis laughs with delight at this unexpected development, dancing in and out of battle to taunt the giant before her. As she does so, her opponent tries (unsuccessfully) to trip her once again and she makes him pay for the act. Sadly, she fails to capitalize on her follow-up attack.

Rolls:
AoO trip 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
AoO 1/5 1d20 + 10 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 1 + 2 = 18 expertise, flank
dmg 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (1) = 5
rapier 1d20 + 10 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 1 + 2 = 14 expertise, flank
AC 25 + 1 = 26 expertise


Male Human Fighter 4

With a roar of frustration, the giant that Lureene has (once again) stymied, stomps his feet and turns his eyes on Alis instead hoping to gang up on her with his hunting partner. Yet not only does Alis get in a free shot on him when he attempts to move past her, when the brute lunges for her, she lance his hand. At the same time, whether in surprise or from the injury to his leg, the giant trips over himself landing clumsily at his feet.

Practically shrugging in bewilderment, Alis simply decides to stab him an extra time for good measure.

Behind her, the other giant tries to capitalize on his friend's assistance, hoping to knock the annoying woman down. Luckily for him, even though Alis evades his attack, her own retaliatory slash fails to connect, the thrust thrown off by Tut frantically scrambling about his mistress' person as he seeks to keep clear of danger.

Rolls:
grapple 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 15 flank, favored enemy
AoO 2/5 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 1 = 25 expertise
AoO 3/5 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 1 = 18 expertise
AoO 4/5 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 1 = 27 expertise
crit? 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 1 = 29 yes!
dmg 4d6 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 2, 6) + 8 + (6) = 27 sneak attack

gladius 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 23 favored enemy, flank
AoO 5/5 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 1 = 12 expertise

Next Up: Lureene & Eagle; Alis, Giants
MAP: N-Sacred Hut, (Round 04)


Lureene resists the urge to crow in delight, as she watches the giants fumbling over themselves. She instead draws her wand and pointing it at the giant between Alis and the eagle, utters the command phrase, and several glowing bolts slam into it!

At the same time, the eagle continues its attacks, delivering a nasty gash with its talon!

Rolls:

Standard action: Use Wand of MM
Charges 45/50
Damage 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 3) + 3 = 9

Attack Talon #1 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 22 flank, higher ground
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Talon #2 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 26 flank, higher ground
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4
Bite 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 9 flank, higher ground
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Possible Crit? Talon #2 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 19 flank, higher ground
Crit Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2 total is 6


Lureene's scintillating attack leaves the eagle an opening and it dives at the giant's neck tearing a deep bloody gash dangerously close to its jugular. As it reels from the assault, Alis gives another cry as she stabs upwards finishing the job started by the eagle. Choking on his own blood, the giant falls to the ground hard, bleeding out.

She then dances out of the way of its falling body, attempting to incite the other giant into attacking her again. He falls for it only to suffer for it once again. With a growl of anger, he regains its feet suffering yet another stroke from the short elf's tiny blade.

Alis laughs as he tries to grab her yet again, slashing his palm. Only this time, the giant finally manages to connect and grab her with a loud shout of anticipation.

"Oops!" Looking over her shoulder, she says, "Hey El, you want to take care of this, or shall I?"

Rolls:
rapier 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19 expertise, flank
dmg 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (1) = 5
AoO 1/5 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 4 = 20 prone
dmg 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
AoO trip DC 28 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 4 = 12 prone
AoO 2/5 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 4 = 19 prone
dmg 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
AoO 2/5 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 prone
dmg 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Grapple DC 28 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Next Up: Lureene & Eagle; Alis, Giant
MAP: N-Sacred Hut, (Round 05)


Lureene sighs, wondering if maybe she could learn a few of those moves for herself, and points her wand at the Giant. She calls down to her princess, "Far be it from me to deny you of your fun, 'Lis!" waiting for Alis to finish off the giant before she is forces to expend another precious charge from her wand.

The eagle swoops down on the giant, slashing with its talon!

Attack Talon #1 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14 higher ground
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4


"Too kind, too kind..." With a grin she says, "Alright ugly take this!" and promptly drops her rapier which sticks into the earth point first. "Son of a–"

With a deep laugh, the heavily bloodied giant slaps the taste from her mouth with a powerful blow upside her head. Although the force of the slap about knocks her silly, it sends King Tut flying with a shriek. "TUT!" The little monkey lands with a soft thump on the ground 20 feet away.

Indigo eyes flaring with anger, Alis shouts, "You did NOT just spank my monkey!" With a shriek of anger, the pissed-off princess stabs the giant in the face putting out one of his eyes.

In shock and pain, the giant drops her and tries backing away but she instead leaps at it like she's suddenly been possessed by Talvyra and plunges her dagger deep his groin. With a shrill cry, the brute finally keels over, one hand holds its face, the other his crotch.

Rolls:
rapier 1d20 + 10 - 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 2 - 4 + 2 = 7 grappled, TW, flank
AoO 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
dmg 1d6 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 6 + (1) = 12 falling
AoO 1/5 dagger 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 2 - 8 + 2 = 7 grappled, TW, flank
dagger 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 2 - 8 + 2 = 18 grappled, TW, flank
dmg 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (2) = 4
dagger 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17 grappled, TW, flank
dmg 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (4) = 9

XP: +400 each (21580 + 400 = 21980/23000)
MAP: N-Sacred Hut, (Round 06)


Lureene gasps as she sees Alis get slapped hard, OK, that is the last time I am going to let her do things on her own! She jumps down and tenderly picks up King Tut, and rocking him gently, hands him over to Alis.

"Here you go, 'Lis. I think he will be OK...right?"

After handiing off the monkey, she quickly moves to check the giant bodies for any valuables. Cast Detect Magic. Once done with that, she motions to where Priyya and Mal headed off to, "We should find Priyya and Mal, it's no longer safe here."


Breathing hard, Alis turns towards the sound of Lureene's voice and pouts seeing poor little Tut unconscious. "Oh Tut, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gotten so cocky..."

Cradling the poor little monkey to herself, she slips the healing wand free and touches him with it before touching the massive hand-print on the side of her face. "Come on, wake up your majesty..."

With a little whimper, Tut shakes his head and blinks in confusion before digging in his head with with a finger. With a mewling call, he scampers up Alis arm and curls up atop her her pack face keeping over her shoulder.

After doing so, Lureene's words only slowly sink in. The princess looks down at all the giant blood covering her and says, "Yes, you're right, of course. El, are you hurt at all? I'm so sorry that I took things lightly..."

Pursing her lips for a moment, she speaks something softly under her breath before pulling Lureene close and planting a kiss on her lips. After a long moment, she lets her go and says, "It's too risky only one of us knowing what these brutes are saying. That should allow you to speak Malatestan, which is the tongue these giants are using, until this time tomorrow."

With that, she cleans herself up with a prestidigitation, plucks her rapier out of the ground and sheathes her weapons before cramming the rest of what's left in the camp into her backpack, apologizing again to Tut as she disrupts his perch.

Once she's finished, she looks up and gives a weak smile. "Ready, El?"

A hp: 22 = 22/22
Non-L: 11 - 1d8 - 3 ⇒ 11 - (7) - 3 = 1/22 CLW
     k: 10 - 1 + 1 = 10/11
Non-L 11 - 1d8 - 3 ⇒ 11 - (1) - 3 = 7 CLW
L hp: /33
M hp: /52
     t: /34
P hp: /31


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Lureene finds a single magic potion on each of the felled giants. Bring them to Alis, she check them and verifies they are not poison. In fact, one appears to be a jug containing several does of anti-toxin whereas the other jug contains several doses of a weak healing potion.

(5 uses of each)

Antitoxin: Recorded on Alis' tracking sheet.
CLW Jug: Recorded on Lureene's sheet.

Rolls:
Spellcraft Checks DC17
A 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20 AA
L 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Spellcraft Checks DC17
A 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18 AA
L 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Mal clenches his jaw and looks to his little sister, his expression seeming begging the question, Really?

Pushing himself back from the ledge and laying flat upon the ground, he hisses at Priyya, "Well, they know we're here now. Unless there's more hiding, we've got equal numbers and we've also got high ground. Since her royal pain doesn't care for my tactics, you have any input?"


Captain Wardove, aka Alis wrote:
After doing so, Lureene's words only slowly sink in. The princess looks down at all the giant blood covering her and says, "Yes, you're right, of course. El, are you hurt at all? I'm so sorry that I took things lightly..."

"No 'Lis, I am unharmed, thanks to that anklet I got back in Valehaven. Unfortunately, it's power is expended for the day, so let's keep the giant's away from us now, all right?"

Captain Wardove, aka Alis wrote:
Pursing her lips for a moment, she speaks something softly under her breath before pulling Lureene close and planting a kiss on her lips. After a long moment, she lets her go and says, "It's too risky only one of us knowing what these brutes are saying. That should allow you to speak Malatestan, which is the tongue these giants are using, until this time tomorrow."

Lureene shivers with pleasure when the Princess kisses her, only now realizing how lonely she is for some companionship. Still, glancing around her, this really wasn't the time...maybe later. I am glad Sash, and especially Rath-hun did not see that!

Captain Wardove, aka Alis wrote:
Once she's finished, she looks up and gives a weak smile. "Ready, El?"

"Yeah, let's move out."


LK Calendar: Uniens 07, 4210 — Alsday (day 3)
Time (hut): 7:30db (morning, 7:30am)
Time (cliff): 7:45db (morning, 7:45am)

Alis nods and then casts Expeditious Retreat on herself as well. With that, the two are off in a flash traveling as quickly as they can alongside the creek.

NOTE: Mal and Priyya set out at least 10 minutes prior to Alis and Lureene getting jumped. Between their battle and the amount of time it will take them to traverse 3/4 of a mile of difficult terrain, there's about a 15-minute gap between the two groups.


Priyya smiles at Mal, liking him in this kind of mood - reckless and sexy. "I'm gonna punch the ticket of that archer and then follow your play... I'm thinking cover fire or mixing it up, whatever works best. What's your pleasure Mal?"

Priyya sends two arrows streaking at the archer on the opposite ridgeline.

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Full Round Act - FLURRY (SHORTBOW crit: 20/3x):
HIT: 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 1 - 1 = 23 base, fob, range
DAM: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

HIT: 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 1 - 1 = 22 base, fob, range
DAM: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Rng Inc: 70' | -1/Increment


Justin: It's actually 160-ft to the opposite archer but those shots are still plenty good to hit.

Priyya's arrows fly true and she puts a pair of shafts into the archer on the opposite cliff.

The thought of a good fight first thing in the morning without having to worry about his charge seems to banish any thoughts of the throbbing in the big warrior's temples. With a feral grin, he calls out, "Watch our backs, Little Sister."

With that, he adds an arrow of his own to the giant sniper's collection.

Rolls:
Initiative Rolls
M 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
P 10 + 4 = 14

Enemies 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Perception Checks
M 1d20 + 11 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 5 + 4 = 26 visual, AA
t 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Comp Short Bow 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 4 = 17 range
dmg 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human Fighter 4

Pissed as hell, the barbarians on the ground roar in rage and begin scrambling up the cliff face at a phenomenal rate closing nearly 60-feet of the cliff's 100-foot height in mere moments! Meanwhile the archer takes aim and sends an arrow as big as a spear hurtling straight at Mal.

The oversized arrow finds its mark, forcing the wind from the ranger as it impacts him. Thankfully, his breastplate absorbs enough of the shock to prevent any of the poison coating the large stone arrow head from touching his flesh. The enemy archer then drops prone to make himself a more difficult target against the coming retaliation he anticipates.

Rolls:
Climb Checks DC 10
G1 1d20 + 17 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 17 - 5 = 14 accelerated
G1 1d20 + 17 - 20 ⇒ (17) + 17 - 20 = 14 bat-sh1t crazy fast

G2 1d20 + 17 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 17 - 5 = 17 accelerated
G2 1d20 + 17 - 20 ⇒ (15) + 17 - 20 = 12 bat-sh1t crazy fast

1d2 ⇒ 1 1M, 2P
comp longbow 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 1 = 21 distance
dmg 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 6 = 11

Fort Saves
M 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Next Up: Priyya, Mal & Tal, Giants
MAP: M-Cannibal Ambush #2, (Round 02)
Theme: Sure Promise

A hp: 22 = 22/22
Non-L 1 = 1/ 22
     k: 10 = 10/11
Non-L 7 = 7/11
L hp: 33 = 33/33
M hp: 52 - 11 = 41/52
     t: 34 = 34/34
P hp: 31 = 31/31


Priyya grunts as the archer dives for cover. "Spoilsport!" She shifts targets to the first preferably the most imposing giant she sees scrambling up the hill and calls on the power of Alita to smote the vile creature. After which, she puts two arrows into its hide.

Swift Action - SMITE

Full Round Act - FLURRY + SMITE (SHORTBOW crit: 20/3x):
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 1 + 5 + 1 = 25 base, fob, smite, high ground
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 3 = 11 base, smite

To Hit: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 1 + 5 + 1 = 26 base, fob, smite, high ground
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 3 = 11 base, smite


Priyya sticks both arrows deep into the lead climber's thick shoulders. Knowing that he's not apt to be able to hit a shot that defies even Priyya, Mal takes aim on the same giant. Yet just as he pulls bad to fire, one of his claws catches on his bowstring and it snaps in two!

At the Surya-ka-Vahaak's curious glance, he licks his teeth, tosses the bow behind him, and deploys the blades strapped to his forearms. "More of a melee guy anyway..."

Talvyra simply gives a deep rumbling purr as if in eager anticipation of the first kill of the day.

Rolls:
comp shortbow 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Next Up: (Tal), Giants; Priyya, Mal (readied attack)


Priyya lets out a chuckle, "Well you could give him a fair chance and beat him to death with that useless bow."


Male Human Fighter 4

The archer who had dropped prone grunts something and stands up. As he does so, a pair of arrows streak from the hunting blind further north one towards Priyya and another towards Talvyra! Priyya easily avoids the attack intended for her, but Tal is not so lucky and gets lanced by one of the giant arrows.

No sooner does the hidden archer attack, than the one who just got up practically bullseyes Mal on this, his second try. After a whoop of satisfaction, he then drops to the ground again awaiting his next chance.

Rolls:
Archer 1 vs FF P 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 2 - 2 = 10 range
Archer 1 vs FF T 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 2 - 2 = 16 range
dmg 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 = 13
Archer 2 vs M 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 1 = 25
dmg 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 6) + 6 = 16

Fort Saves DC 16
M 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
t 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
unconscious 1d3 ⇒ 1 hours

A hp: 22 = 22/22
Non-L 1 = 1/22
     k: 11 = 11/11
Non-L 7 = 7/11
L hp: 33 = 33/33
M hp: 41 - 16 = 25/52
     t: 34 - 13 = 21/34
Con 13 - 1 = 12/13
P hp: 31 = 31/31


"Fair?" Mal grits his teeth as he very nearly gets run thru by another giant arrow. He yanks the over-sized projectile free before enough of the poison can enter his system to have any sort of effect. However, beside him he hears a groan and a soft thud as Talvyra slumps to the ground unconscious.

"Sorry Darkmane, don't know the meaning of the word. They're gonna wish they targeted me instead of Tal though. Must be one holed up in that blind."


When Tal drops, Priyya sees she is still breathing and goes from worried to angry. "NO ONE poisons my friend. Let's take the gloves off, Mal. Well.. not you. You can leave those sharp gloves on."


Male Human Fighter 4

From further below, the other two giants continue their frenzied ascent. The one injured by Priyya reaches the top first, keeping clear of Mal thanks to a shouted warning from his allies on the opposite cliff. Seeing that Priyya holds only a bow, he draws his blade and moves right up to her, towering over the short woman with murderous intent in his mad gaze.

Not far behind, the other giant gains the top of the cliff about 20 feet away and hoists himself up over the edge and back to a standing position.

Rolls:
G1 1d20 + 17 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 17 - 5 = 21 accelerated
G1 1d20 + 17 - 20 ⇒ (14) + 17 - 20 = 11 bat-s#$+ crazy fast
G2 1d20 + 17 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 17 - 5 = 24 accelerated
G2 1d20 + 17 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 17 - 5 = 20 accelerated


"Yeah," he snarls, "that."

Hoping to draw attention away from Priyya so she can bring her sword into play and also not steal her kill, Mal closes on the berserker to the south. Yet the movement isn't sudden enough to distract the injured brute from the woman that has vexed him so.

"Tch–"

Guess I need Alis to teach me how to be more annoying...

"Draw steel ugly, I'm not holding up!"

With that he slashes the uninjured giant across the hip leaving a bloody wound, albeit not quite as deep as he'd have liked.

Rolls:
claw 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 2 = 22 power attack, charge
dmg 1d6 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 4 = 12 power attack

Next Up: Priyya, Giants; Mal
MAP: M-Cannibal Ambush #2, (Round 03)


Priyya eyes the giant from the ground up. She drops her bow and draws her scimitar while taking a protective stance over Talvyra. 5' step and hopefully making it harder for those archers to hit me.

Unfortunately, straddling the large cat throws off her balance and her blow misses.

Standard Act - Single Hit + POWER ATTACK + SMITE (SCIMITAR crit: 18+):
To Hit: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 1 + 5 = 13 base, power attack, smite
Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 3 + 3 = 14 base, power attack, smite

Epic time for 1's to appear!


Male Human Fighter 4

1's? OK, if you insist...

Priyya practically trips over Talvyra and the force she put into her attack doesn't help matters. The giant attempts to take advantage of her temporarily vulnerability, but it's attack is terribly clumsy and instead ends up nearly hewing the crown of a small tree instead.

Grunting in anger, he raise his sword again for a crushing blow, but just as he swings, the top of the tree snaps off and falls towards him. Between that and the momentum of his own attack, he crashes the the ground very nearly landing atop Talvyra as he falls!

Rolls:
Reflex Save
DC 10 + 2 + 4 + 1 = 17 1/2 lvl, Str, power attack
P 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

AoO 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 1 = 11 power attack

Gladius 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 1 = 8 power attack

[spoiler="Rolls"]Reflex Save
DC 10 + 1 + 8 + 1 = 20 1/2 lvl, Str, power attack
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male Human Fighter 4

The giant facing Mal takes a step to the south-east along the rim of the cliff to give himself more space and draws his battered old gladius. With a roar, he swings it in both hands, seemingly hoping to pound Mal into paste.

There is a terrific din as the blade impacts his breastplate and the big ranger is very nearly forced to his knees by the weight of the slash, motes of light bursting before his eyes. From the opposite cliff there is more shouting and the two archers take aim on him while they can.

Mercifully, their attacks go wide but they are still far closer than he would have liked. This time, the one archer doesn't bother dropping down but instead fishes a clay jug from a pouch as his waist.

Rolls:
gladius 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 1 = 25
dmg 1d8 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 3 = 20

Archer 1 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 2 = 17
Archer 2 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 1 = 18


Knowing that there's no way he can withstand another hit like that without Priyya's aid, Mal reaches and dives forward slashing like a demon. He inflicts two terrible wounds upon the giant no doubt coming quite close to ending him then and there!

Yet for all his ferocity, the brute is still standing, although the berserker in just as bad of shape as he is...

Gotta be kidding me...

Rolls:
claw 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 2 = 26 power attack
claw 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 2 = 27 power attack
crit? 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 2 = 16 power attack yes!
dmg 6 + 2d6 + 21 + 12 ⇒ 6 + (1, 3) + 21 + 12 = 43

Next Up: Priyya, Giants; Mal
MAP: M-Cannibal Ambush #2, (Round 04)


Priyya sees Mal nearly drop the giant and get dropped in return. Not good. She waggles her blade at the giant before her. "Your head is going to look great on my wall."

Her actions are in total contradiction to her words. A blast of healing light catches Mal, Tal, and herself while swirling past the giants.

Standard Action - 30' rad burst; Will Save DC:16 for 1/2 DAM
Channel Positive Energy: 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) + (4, 5) = 14 Phylactery


Male Human Fighter 4

Not quite understanding what just happened, the giant in front of Priyya pushes itself back to its feet. Priyya attempts to collect on her word and take its head, but she very nearly wipes out again on Talvyra's body and her scimitar goes wide.

However, once again, the giant is unable to land a blow on the shining woman and his blade merely sends a spray of dirt and pebbled into the air.

Rolls:
AoO 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 1 + 5 = 13 power attack, smite
gladius 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 1 = 12


Male Human Fighter 4

Desperate and knowing that it's either him or the hunter before him, the giant tempers his rage with determination, the dim realization that accuracy rather than power being what matters here.

His blow just barely manages to connect, but connect it does and Mal can feel his vision going grey from the gash he's suffered. Very nearly staggered, Mal is indeed fortunate that the archer in the hunting blind is unable to make good on his attack. The other archer meanwhile uncorks his jug and takes a deep swig, his injuries seeming to lessen as he chugs the brew.

Rolls:
gladius 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
dmg 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Archer 1 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 2 = 17

Archer 2 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 6 = 13


Wow. I can't even get a decent DM AoO roll? Another 1? Clearly Alita is pissed at poor Priyya. Why do I sense a giant crit'ing here?


Oh that's not the end of the 1s...

Dimly aware that the giant before him held back on the ferocity of his attack in order to assure a hit, Mal sneers.

"That the best you got?"

With a fierce lunge, he dives forward, tearing out the giant's guts before his own shaky legs fail him. Mal willingly hits the turf, hoping to buy a moment to heal-up and perhaps get the drop on the one still facing Priyya.

Hang in there, Darkmane...

Rolls:
claw 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 2 = 18
claw 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 2 = 10
dmg 1d6 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 4 = 14

Next Up: Priyya, Giants; Mal
MAP: M-Cannibal Ambush #2, (Round 05)

A hp: 22 = 22/22
Non-L 1 = 1/22
     k: 10 = 10/11
Non-L 7 = 7/11
L hp: 33 = 33/33
M hp: 25 - 20 + 14 - 14 = 5/52
     t: 21 + 14 = 35/34
P hp: 31 = 31/31


Priyya gives the giant a feral smile and tries to hew his head from his body.

Standard Act - Single Hit + POWER ATTACK + SMITE (SCIMITAR crit: 18+):
To Hit: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 1 + 5 = 32 base, power attack, smite <-Crit?
To Hit: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 1 + 5 = 21 base, power attack, smite Yes
TOTAL DAM: 2d6 + 14 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 14 + 6 + 6 = 32 base, power attack, smite


Male Human Fighter 4

Actually I've been maximizing weapon base damage on crits, so that would be another 6 points of damage there...

While she doesn't quite manage to take its head off, Priyya's flaring scimitar traces a red arc thru the humid air as it opens the throat of the berserker before her. Gurgling in his rage, but too stubborn to die quite yet, it aims one last clumsy blow at her before it collapses in a pool of its own blood.

From the opposite cliff, another 2 arrows fly at the Surya-ka-Vahaak, both missing.

With a shout of frustration, the southern one shots to his hidden friend and the twain take off to the west across the plateau, disappearing into the forest.

Rolls:
1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 1 = 14

Archer 1 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 2 = 18
Archer 2 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 1 = 10

XP: +800 each (21980 + 800 = 22780/23000)


Thank the gods that woman knows how to fight.

With a grunt, Mal raises his head, struggling to regain his feet. Squinting across the chasm and the retreating forms, he swears, "Dammit, not good."


Priyya glares outraged as the archers run off. "Those chicken-sh!t little..."

She has the presence of mind to heal Mal first...

Standard Action - 30' rad burst; Will Save DC:16 for 1/2 DAM
Channel Positive Energy x3: 6d6 + 6d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 1, 2, 2, 5) + (2, 2, 2, 2, 5, 3) = 32 Phylactery

...before she finishes severing the giant's head and kicking it down the hill. She smiles at Mal as she wipes her sword on the giant's clothes, "That should give them something to consider when they come back. I think we better haul ass, Mal." She gives the giant a quick search to see if it has any of the over-sized potion bottles like the other giant.


Mal reflects darkly on the fact that he once again got pulled back from the brink by Priyya, but doesn't comment on it. Spitting out a mouthful of blood he'd coughed up, he wipes his lips with the back of his hand and says, "Thanks."

With that, he checks on Little Sister and grumbles. "Some kind of sleeping poison. Starting to wonder if we need to start using this crap, everyone else seems to."

He casts a few spells of his own to finish patching himself up before hoisting Talvyra onto his shoulders as easily as one might lift a house cat.

As he does so, Priyya inspects the bodies of the slain giant and manages two promising finds, potions of some sort. Sadly, neither she nor Mal can figure out exactly what they are for.

"We better go check on the girls. Here, this'll help you keep up..."

With that, he chants a few words in a strange, primal tongue and then lays his hand on then small, feisty woman's shoulder. Instantly, Priyya feels a new lightness in her step and a heady sensation almost like the efficiency of her lungs just increased. Mal cast Longstrider on Priyya, movement +10

Rolls:
Perception Checks
P 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Spellcraft Checks
M 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
P 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Spellcraft Checks
M 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
P 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

A hp: 22 = 22/22
Non-L 1 = 1/ 22
     k: 11 = 11/11
Non-L 7 = 7/ 11
L hp: 33 = 33/33
M hp: 5 + 32 + 2d8 + 8 ⇒ 5 + 32 + (7, 1) + 8 = 53/52 CLWx2
     t: 34 = 34/34
P hp: 31 = 31/31


Priyya packs the potions. "Well, maybe Alis or Lureene can make something of these. I can't get past the fact they smell like the inside of a giant's boot."

When she receives the spell from Mal, she looks amused, "Awww... and I didn't get you anything."

She grabs her bow and takes off after Mal, playing the role of bodyguard since he's carry Tal. "So, I've been thinking about a couple things... First, tactics. If that fight had gone wrong, and let's say I was sleep darted like poor Tal here, I think you should have grabbed Tal and fled. The reason being - we know these big bastards want us alive for lunch or sacrifice. So I would have been 'safe' until you could rescue me. We have no guarantees they wouldn't eat Tal on the spot."


Alpha Male - and don't forget it. All MAN baby

Mal only nods, waiting to hear the second item on her list of 'a couple things'. After a few minutes of silence, he casts an eye on her. "You said 'a couple things'... What's the other part?"


Priyya looks down - either watching the trail she's traversing at a prodigious rate or suddenly fascinated by her own footwear. She takes a breath and plunges ahead, unable to look Mal in the eye. "I know this is poor timing - sorry. Don't say anything, just listen..."

She continues awkwardly, "I want you in my bed. I can't make it any plainer than that. A husband or even a steady lover aren't my fate but I can take little moments of pleasure. I'd like some of those with you... If you'd like that, of course." She struggles for something else to say, "Please, give it some thought." Smooth, Priyya, REAL smooth...

Priyya resume her duty watching the treeline for signs of pursuit or more ambushers, unwilling to risk hearing or seeing Mal's immediate reaction.


What the f–

Mal suddenly coughs, pounding at his chest and choking as if he just inhaled a dragonfly. Beads of sweat pour down his face and his eyes frantically search ahead as if trying to find some means of escape, some sort of excuse. Yet everywhere he looks he can practically see Alis glaring at him while her damn monkey points a finger at him from the darkness, teeth bared.

What to do... what to do...

Swallowing hard, he risked a sidelong glance at the small yet attractive woman running beside him.

Is she joking?

The image of Priyya and Alis taking turns hitting him over the head with a cast-iron skillet briefly flashed thru his mind.

No. There's no way she's joking, even a dead man could tell the difference. Which is what I'm going to be if I don't say something soon. Think Mal!

For every hundred yards they run, his mind travels miles, and he wonders if he must truly be going mad when he hears his own voice coming from one shoulder while Alis' comes from the other...

Rolls:
Bluff Checks
M 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Sense Motive Checks:
M 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 5 = 19 familiarity

Alis: "Hellooo, anybody home?"

Mal: "Alis? What are you doing here?"

Alis: Alis thrusts a finger in the air and declares. "With great breasts come great responsibility!"

Mal: Eyebrow twitching, he asks, "No seriously. What are you doing here?"

Alis: "Oh I dunno. You're in a state of inner turmoil so I thought you could use some good advice!"

Mal: "Uh huh, yeah I could. Which is why I'm asking why are YOU here?"

Alis: "Fuuunny guuuy! Listen up, this is your subconscious so that must mean that you must really look up to me or see me as a wise mentor of some sort!"

Mal: "Uh huh, more like a TORmentor."

Alis: She gives a grin. "It's a start!"

Mal: "OK, enough games, why are you HERE?"

Alis: "Because I'm the only one in our merry band with the authority to give you orders, that's why!"

Mal: "Of course, well what are your orders then."

Alis: "You need to lay Priyya."

Mal: "What?! Why?"

Alis: "Because she asked you nicely?"

Mal: "Wait, you heard that?"

Alis: "Well ignoring that I'm in your head, it's been written all over her face for the last month at least!"

Mal: "There's just no way. I'd hurt her!"

Alis: "Right, like Priyya's afraid of pain. She's only dedicated her life to the impossible task of destroying evil, that always has a happy ending with a nice comfy retirement."

Mal: "Dammit vixen, you know what I mean, I could really kill her!"

Alis: "Uh huh, because somehow your claws and manhood will accomplish what the blades and bows of a hundred villains hasn't. You know what, from now on maybe you should try fighting with those instead."

Mal: "Very funny, you know what I mean though, she's half my size, I'm liable to break her in half!"

Alis: "You do realize that not only are you the one who almost gets killed every fight, but that Priyya's practically an overflowing font of healing power. Trust me, there's no way Mal Junior and your over-grown fingernails will be the end of her.

Mal: "Still though, I don't want to HURT her."

Alis: "You men and your egos, I swear... She's not a porcelain doll you overgrown... whatever you are! Hell, I'd actually be inclined to think YOU would be the one in need of healing..."

Mal: "Right but– Wait, what?"

Alis: "NO! No buts! Well... ok HER butt, but still."

Mal: "What?"

Alis: "Don't give me that, this is your subconscious!"

Mal: "Dammit woman, get out of my head!"

Alis: "Oh trust me, I'd like to especially since you're thinking of me right now instead of my friend who has been pining for you for the last month or so..."

Lureene: "Aww 'Lis, go easy on him, he probably just doesn't know what to do... Here, let's show him!"

Mal: Eyes widening in awe at the scene unfolding before him, he finally shakes his head and waves his arms. "STOP THAT!!! I know... what to DO, ok!"

Alis: Alis sits up atop Lureene with an amused look on her face. "Oh yeah? Well then prove it!"

Mal: "I caaan't I'll really hurt her!"

Alis: "For the love of..." Suddenly, the naked elf woman flies at him and somehow knocks him off his feet with one of her cheap moves, standing over him. "Listen here Mal, El... cover your ears."

Lureene: "Just my ears?"

Alis: "Yes, I'm not done with you yet."

Mal: "Dammit, I don't need to be seeing this!"

Alis: "Suck it up and listen to me as hard as you can. How do you think you got here?"

Mal: "Cursed by the gods, sent by Princess Larathiel..."

Alis: "No, dummy, here in the world!"

Mal: "Uh..."

Alis: "See El, I told you he didn't know."

Lureene: "..."

Alis: "OK good, she covered her ears after all. Now look, Tylalaes, yeah you don't like that name I know. Well that's the point. King Tylalaes isn't the man who seed took root in your mother's belly. Instead it was that of a scainor who was probably even bigger and wilder than you are."

Mal: "What does–"

Alis: "While I have no doubt that your mother was a lovely woman with a strong spirit to have stood up to King Tylalaes, I'm familiar enough with the ranks of elven royalty to know that she wasn't built like some Æscian shield maiden — she was most likely a thin and beautiful elven flower. Are you telling me that not only are you bigger and more wild than a full-blooded scainor but that Priyya is frailer than an elvish noblewoman?"

Mal: A look of dawning realization crosses the downed man as he tries to avert his eyes from the naked princess' hills and valleys "Huh, never thought about it."

Alis: "Yes, I know. You tend not to think with either of your heads, that's why we get along sooo wonderfully."

Mal: "Very funny, but she's your friend and I'm your bodyg–"

Alis: Mal's words are cut off as the tiny woman jumps atop his midsection, feet first, driving the wind from him. "Oh you are NOT giving me that cop out! Who do I look like, Alexis?"

Mal: "..."

Alis: "Oh right, I guess I DO look like my twin sister. Well that's beside the point. Priyya's my friend and I can't stand to see her beating her heart against your hard head."

Mal: "..."

Alis: "Nooo, the hard head atop your shoulders but at least you're finally getting the right idea."

Lureene: "La la la la laaa..."

Alis: "You can stop covering your ears now Lureene."

Lureene: "OK!"

Alis: Her eyes narrow. "She shouldn't have been able to hear that if she still had them covered, should she?"

Mal: "What?"

Alis: "Never you mind, I'll deal with her personally." She tiny woman helps Mal back to his feet, although he suddenly finds it very difficult to walk with the bulge in his pants. "Nice that you finally decided to salute, soldier! Now go forth and plow that fertile field. If you need any pointers I'm sure Priyya can show you what to do."

Mal: "Wait, right now?"

Alis: "Nooo, at camp later so Lureene and I can giggle and not fall asleep all night!"

Mal: "Uh..."

Alis: "YES NOW! That's an ORDER! And quit thinking of Lureene and I naked!" She touches a pin in her hair and she transforms into a lusty version of Priyya with upgrades.

Priyya: "This is all you need to think of, big boy..."

.
.
.

Mal shakes his head as the tiny figures vanish from his shoulders. Looking quickly up ahead, he says, "You hear that? Quick, into the bushes!"

Before Priyya can even blink, he scoops her up with one arm, Tal still on his shoulders, and is practically flung into the undergrowth where-upon Mal quickly follows, although with a definite gingerness to his gait. He sets Talvyra down atop of low-hanging treelimb, before turning hungry eyes upon Priyya. "Tactics, huh? I'm liable to get another reprimand if I don't start thinking with at least one of my heads apparently."

He looks around again before yanking free the shoulder straps from his breastplate. "Sorry Priyya, can't say I'm really fond of beds, but a soldier's got to follow orders, right?"

And in the next moment, with a tug at the drawstring of his leathers, did Mal reveal his ultimate attack mode, a primal gleam in his green eyes...


Priyya goes from shock as his intent becomes clear...

"Ya know, Malandraenas, you could give this more thought if you want. I was thinking of getting you archery gloves that will keep those claws in check if you are worried..."

...to delight as his armor drops to the ground...

Priyya can't hide her smile, "I mean now works for me but I really wasn't trying to press you..."

... to oh my

Ghostly flames lick across Priyya's body. "Slow down! Let me catch up!"

With practiced ease she flips the second layer of her veil forward, forming a translucent mosquito net. She drops her robes and sword belt into a heap. Fully nude, she stands beneath the veil/curtain - seeing and being seen. By nose alone, Mal knows her desire. She spreads the veil/curtain and lays down on her robes. Oddly, she looks both compliant and ready to pounce on him. Predator and prey become highly subjective terms.

Her voice is husky, shaky, and barely in control. "I want to see you out of control, Mal. Take me."


Priyya, nude, slides bonelessly off Mal beneath the canopy of her mosquito net/veil. Her body, but not her ardor, cooling in the still, humid, jungle. Her long mane of black hair cascades over his sweat drenched body. He plays with a thick lock of it. Holy f+&~ing gods he knows how to work me up!

Just flashing on brief moments - his teeth at her neck, his rough tongue, the light scratching claws, his primal hunger - sends a shiver of pleasure down her spine. She wants him all over again - the heat rises in her body.

She runs her far less impressive nails roughly and idly across his body, knowing they didn't have time for another round but wishing it weren't so and half-hoping to arouse him again. I'm definitely building a place here...

Time ticks on slowly and they begin to exchange slow words about leaving. It is an odd way to break the stillness, for they haven't spoken since Mal pulled her into the bushes. Their communication was unspoken, little more than looks, growls, giving, and taking. Older, biologic rhythms spurred them on. For Xerakai, civilization is a thin veneer over primal nature. When all was said and done, they were a hunting people. For Mal, the veneer was even thinner. Out here, in the wild, Priyya did something she never had before - she let every bit of the veneer slip away and embraced the utterly primal. She wasn't even sure a single word went through her skull when she was with Mal. Their needs and urges were all - and she liked it that way.... For no reason she understands at a conscious level, Priyya wipes the sweat from his body - head to foot - using nothing but her hair. She snuggles and rolls against him, suffusing herself with his scent.

It is strangely erotic and pleasing to Mal. She wants to bear his mark. Any creature with the senses, would know that she had been with him, that, in some odd way, she belonged to him. She smiles playfully at the serious look on his face and bites him on the neck, leaving her own mark on him in addition to the numerous scratches on his back, chest, and rear. His own smile mirrors hers. He'd underestimated her - how hard she could play and definitely how much she wanted him. It was an odd feeling, being desired.

They get up slowly, their legs unstable. They are coated in sweat, some dirt, the odd bruise, and enough scratch marks that a casual observer would think they had rolled through brambles. They dress reluctantly, watching each other shroud their magnificence in the trappings of society. Priyya looks at her veil and pops it into her pack. Time to go.

Priyya sidles over to the tall hunter, brushing her face against his shoulder, as Tal might, exchanging scents. "Anytime, anywhere, name it.... and don't forget to pick up our kitty." She saunters out of their private retreat. On a whim, he grabs her rear, using some claw. She looks over her shoulder, a smile plays across her lips, clearly pleased. "Like I said anytime... anywhere... just name it."


For several minutes, the princess and her retainer hustle as quickly as possible following the course of the bubbling creek as it winds higher along the plateau towards the cliffs that The Darkmanes had gone to inspect. The two speak not a word, saving their breath for the long run uphill.

Gods, I hope that Priyya and Mal didn't get ambushed. Please Súmalya, at least let them have gotten that lucky...

No sooner does Alis think this than does she see a flock of birds take to the air followed a moment later by the sound of a bestial roar and a woman screaming!

"Dammit El, was that Mal and Priyya? Come on!"

As the two draw closer though, it becomes clear that whatever struggle is taking places is deep within the untamed bush. Stiffling a curse, Alis turns to her friend and says, "Hide yourself and wait here. I'll turn invisible, fly in and check it out. You should stay out of melee range if at all possible. If the two of them are in over their heads... well, our best chance might be remaining unseen."

Tossing the still groggy monkey to Lureene she says, "Here, hold my monkey for me, her doesn't seem to like my flying too much yet. Tut, behave!"

With that, the impetuous princess starts running again and fades from sight. Using her skills as a dancer, Alis easily slips past briars, and other obstacles that would have stymied anyone save perhaps the big ranger or his hunting cat. When she can at last hear that she is drawing near, a quick flight spell soon affords the young princess a birds-eye view of the situation below.

Well... damn!

A pleased smile slowly spreads across Alis face and she bites the knuckle of her forefinger as a flush of warmth spread thru her face, bust, and loins. For a few moments, she lingers both enjoying the scene and also thrilled to see the sheer passion evident in both with the trappings of polite company cast aside.

She finds herself noting and analyzing their technique, or lack thereof, and thinking to her training back at temple so many years before. For a moment, she stops seeing Mal and Priyya striving in the throes of their passion, the green foliage replaced by lace and satin, the trees and vines by marble pilasters and velvet draperies... incense instead of crushed plants, and a tall gentleman with long, dark hair, kind blue eyes, and soft gentle hands...

A slow, wavering breath passes her lips, and she places one hand on the tree, quietly turning around.

Alright you silly girl, time to let them enjoy their moment, this is their time, not yours...

Without so much as a sound, the invisible blonde nymph slips from her perch and flies back the way she came landing a safe distance from Lureene so as not to startle her. When the enchantress finally sees her friend and inquires after her flushed face and the dreamy look on her face, Alis simply waves her hand, eyes closed, chin dipped down slightly.

"Everything's fine, it's just really hot up under the trees. Even this early in the day they really seem to trap the heat. Oh, Priyya and Mal? No they're fine. They were just wrestling with a python that surprised them whilst reaping some fruit on the way back. They indicated they'd be out shortly, didn't want me to get scratched up by the thorns back there."

She walks up to Lureene and runs a hand down the creamy white skin of Lureene's arm even as Tut runs across and back to his mistress' shoulder. "Nasty thorns back there too. Terrible things could probably even mar your lovely skin, El..."

Unexpectedly, Alis wraps her arms around Lureene, resting her chin in the crook of the succubus' neck. She gives her a long, close hug, enjoying the closeness, heat and softness of her retainer's statuesque form. In a quiet voice, she whispers, lips brushing Lureene's ears, "Thanks for staying with me, El. It means a lot to me..."

With that, she gives her a kiss on the neck, just below and behind her shoulder before giving her one more squeeze and taking her hand. "Come on, let's at least sit on the grass, kick off our shoes and enjoy the water on our toes..."

Rolls:
Perception Checks
A 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 = 20 alertness
k 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
L 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
M 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 5 = 18 distracted
P 1d20 + 13 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 13 - 5 = 15 distracted

Stealth Checks
A 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
k 1d20 + 9 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 8 = 30 tiny
L 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Bluff Checks
A 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 1 = 20 seductive

Sense Motive Checks:
L 1d20 - 2 + 5 ⇒ (13) - 2 + 5 = 16 familiarity


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

OK, so let's see here. I'd say that the "python encounter" was at least a CR4 encounter based on the amount of party resources that were spent. So by my calculations...

XP: +300 each (22780 + 300 = 23080/23000)

In otherwords, DING! Seriously though, very nicely played Justin, and tasteful as well. :)


Alis wrote:
"Here, hold my monkey for me..."

O_o Seriously? You're just gonna loft a softball like that in my direction? ;)

WOOT! Leveling up through sex?!? That is why D&D is the greatest game ever created. :D

4,051 to 4,100 of 11,113 << first < prev | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.