Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle

Game Master Laithoron

[ Links: Matrix | ToC | Wiki ]


10,551 to 10,600 of 11,113 << first < prev | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | next > last >>

Lureene waved Darvesch over to the cabin hold even as she glided over to the hold entrance. She peered in and immediately saw what Sasha was referring to as she noted the pile of disturbed rice.

No arguement there! It looks like Sash and Grak have their hands full here...let me see what can I do to help here. If he could be seen...

Her course of action determined, she glided into the cargo hold landing on one the crate. She looked at the rice pile and, calling on Wingilme's gift, softly uttered a spell looking to banish the invisibility spell cloaking him.

Rolls:
Fly to M10, inside the hold on top of the crate.
Standard: Cast Dispel Magic (target Invisibility) CL check 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 8 + (3) = 25 surge


Descending in the shaft of silvery moonlight pouring thru the hatch, Lureene folded her wings and dropped down thru the opening to land softly atop the crate below. Calling upon her inner strength, she sought to unravel the magics surrounding the invisible figure, yet could feel his power resisting hers. Yet this was her best friend who was in peril and she would not be foiled so easily. Calling upon hidden reserves of strength, she tore away his arcane shroud, revealing a man, whose skin was of the same medium brown complexion as Amelia's, fumbling about in spilled rice for something.

"Nice job, Ellie!" Sasha chirped in reply.

Rolls:
Acrobatics Checks
L 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 +10 jump


Dwarf Lightbringer

"Now that I can see..." He hastily makes his way down toward their target.

Face to face with the assailant, he prepares his attack, "You're not going anywhere!"

GM:

Move to N9; Judgement: Destruction & Purity

Also, this guy is human, right?


Rolls:
Concentration DC 23 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36

Fort DC 18
g 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7 medium nauseated for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 round
S 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Spellcraft DC 19
D 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
L 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20


Grak stepped forward on the unspoken command of his mistress to strike him down before he could either cast a spell or retrieve the magical bottle. Once again his claws and wings arced forward to strike the man.

Rolls:
5' step and Full Attack
Bite 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Damage 1d8 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (2) = 10 elec
.
Tail 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Damage 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (6) = 9 elec
.
Wing #1 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (1) = 6 elec
.
Wing #2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (5) = 8 elec


The appearance of Lureene and Darvesch did as much to improve their quarry's demeanor as the crazed eidolon that was wearing away at him with his snapping maw. He clenched his teeth in frustration, and said, "This is not helping..."

With a sigh of exasperation, the man began to chant, his movements carefully guarded to avoid reciprocity. Before their eyes, his form became vague and indistinct, and he drifted upwards outlining the cracks of a trapdoor in the center of the ceiling above as he slipped away. From up above, there were shouts fear cut short by gagging and choking, and a noxious smell was as plain to everyone in the hold.

Even as Sasha blanched, her face wrinkled in disgust, Grak gave a piteous groan, his tongue lolling from his mouth as if he were physically ill.

Spellcraft DC 19 (Lureene):

MAP: The Swollen Sprite, (Round 313b)


"Aww gross!" As much out of disgust as malice, Sasha swatted at the departing mage with Sindariel's blade, wisps of stinking fog clinging to the chill surface of the blade.

"Hey, get back here!"

Growling, she kicked sending a spray of rice everywhere as she scanned the floor for something, shaking her head angrily.

Dammit, did he step on my new hat? Bet it's full of rice now...

Rolls:
S AoO 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
dmg 1d6 + 7 - 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 5 + (2) = 8 DR, cold


Dwarf Lightbringer

Darvesch swings the flat of his axe at the mist making its way past him. "Dammat people! We need him alive! The next one to take a lethal strike against him will answer to me before answering to Alis!" The dwarf warned angrily.

GM:

active judgements (purity, destruction)

Attack 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 16 - 4 = 30 nonlethal, magic, adamantine
Damage 1d10 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 3 = 16 judgement:destruction


Sasha flinched slightly as Darvesch motion blew noxious-smelling fumes in her face. Coughing as she waved a hand in front of her face, she got down on the floor and started rummaging thru the rice. "I've been trying to grab him, but he keeps slipping away! What else can we do?"

After a moment, she cried out, "Aha!" and pulled something out of the shifting rice only for her face to fall in disappointment. It was a slender flask cast from iron with a brass stopper atop it, its surface covered in silver runes. "I am having the worst luck today! Almost broke my hand on this damn thing... Do you guys see my hat?"

If my hat's all messed up now...

Up above, Amelia had reached the vicinity of the ship, the elven mage lagging behind her, just in time to see a door on the port side of its cabin fly open to disgorge three panicked men. While one was cowering at the aft of the ship, breathing heavily, the others didn't make it quite as far before they bent over the rail to wretched violently into the sea!

Next Up: Amelia, Darvesch, Lureene, Grak; Ugorji, Sasha, Arion
MAP: The Swollen Sprite, (Round 314)

Rolls:
Perception Checks
S 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Lureene turned a flinty gaze on the upset dwarf. "Darv, I certaintly trust my companions to show proper restraint...at the right time! As Sash said, he has NOT cooperated! Now if you will EXCUSE me..."

She turned her attention to the trap door in the ceiling and murmers to herself, "No, my friend...your escape will NOT be so easy..." She then chanted a summoning prayer, calling on one of the residents of the Auran realm to assist her! Pointing at the trap door, she says a command in the Auran tongue:

Auran:
"Capture the Misty one!"

After completing her summoning ritual, she approached the redhead holding her hand out expectantly. "Maybe you should let ME hold that, Sash."

Rolls:
Standard: use Summon Monster SLA to summon a Small Air Elemental in square M7 and order it to capture Ugorji.


Soaring towards the port stern, Arion surveyed the deck.

THAT one, crawling near the helm; he is too fat and fancily dressed to have a life hauling heavy loads and hoisting sails.

The elven mage drew out Ibis-Arcana from its wrist sheath and transformed it into a long rapier. Aiming for the helm, he intended to touch the point of his blade against what he guessed was the cowering captain.

Arion makes for G4, between helm and cabin


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

There was a swirling of dust, and grains of rice began to blow everywhere as a small creature with a vaguely humanoid torso and a spinning vortex for a tail appeared and snapped off a crisp salute to Lureene. Then, folding its hands as if to swan dive, it plunged upwards into the ceiling and out of sight, followed moments later by the sound of furniture, pots, and pans being hurled about upstairs.

Next Up: Sasha, Arion, Lureene, Amelia, Darvesch, Ugorji
MAP: The Swollen Sprite, (Round 314b)

Rolls:
Grapple 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


As the dust settled in the hold, Sasha dared to open her eyes to find that the top of her hat was visible, albeit crushed-in by someone's booted foot. "My hat!"

Oh, somebody's gonna pay...

Getting back to her feet and trying not to step on Grak, the fuming ranger shook her now rumpled tricorn and put it back atop her head before she stalked over to Lureene. "Here," she grumbled, holding the iron bottle out for her friend, "you can keep it."


Dwarf Lightbringer

Being hasted has its advantages, and Darvesch was sure to make use of it.

"LUREENE! I don't give a flying rats ass if he's not cooperating! You have your orders! Now carry them out, or get out of our way! I'll be sure to deal with you when we get back!" The seething warrior scolds.

He quickly gets up top and makes his way off the boat and back on, ending his movement between two of the crewmen, and blocking the door.

"You will stand down and submit! NOW!" Darvesch rages at the man, swinging as hard and swift as he can, nearly losing contol.

GM:

active judgements (purity, destruction)

Power Attack 1 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 13 - 4 = 25 nonlethal
Damage 1d10 + 15 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 3 = 21 judgement:destruction

Sudden Power Attack 1d20 + 13 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 1 - 4 = 26 nonlethal, mythic bonus <- I choose you! :D
Sudden Power Attack 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 1 = 15 mythic bonus
Damage 1d10 + 15 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 15 + 3 = 22 judgement:destruction, mythic:bypasses DR


The wind from Darvesch's axe blew Ugorji's form about the small room, and although it was difficult to tell if he was having much of an effect, the dwarf was certain he saw more than a bit of bewilderment on his foe's face at the unorthodox attacks.

Given the commotion in the Sprite's cabin and the dwarf's imperious tone, it was child's play to see that he must have cornered the enemy. Swooping down behind him, still in the form of an eagle, she locked eyes upon the misty visage of their prey, and attempted to force him back into a material form.

Unfortunately, it was not to be and the tumult in the cabin continued.

Rolls:
CL Check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Battered and windblown, the vaporous individual's face took on the appearance of great concentration before he vanished from sight altogether, a noxious odor washing over Darvesch a moment later.

Arion:
As he approached, gaze intent upon the presumed captain, Arion could see a strange sight. First, the men at the aft of the ship had spotted him descending towards them with rapier drawn and were retreating to the starboard side. Second, a cloud of invisible mist, shaped like a man, was escaping from the cabin door in which Darvesch stood.

Rolls:
Concentration DC 23 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

Fort DC 18
D 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 20 resistance, poison

Perception Checks
R 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

K: Arcana DC 23
R 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Next Up: Sasha, Arion, Lureene, Amelia, Darvesch, Ugorji
MAP: The Swollen Sprite, (Round 315)


My ORDERS??! How DARE he!! I am not some puppet to be pulled around like some glorified marionette!

Lureene glared at the retreating form of the dwarf before walking over to Sasha and grabbing the bottle from her. "Thanks, Sash." She muttered ungraciously to her as she stowed the bottle in one of her pouches. She then glanced at Grak before spreading her wings and flying back topside to watch for the appearance of the spellcaster, Grak weakly flying behind her.

Move: Take Bottle and store it in pouch.
Move: Fly to E13.
.
Grak: Fly to F13.


Sasha frowned and shook her head as the others departed, rice falling from her hat with the motion.

Crap, I hope Ellie's not in trouble because of me. Why'd that guy have to be so damn slippery?!

"Um, I'll just... stay here in case he sneaks back again I guess."

Looking at her frosty blade, she examined its back edge before sighing and trying to find a hiding spot from which to keep watch on the trap door and the cargo hatch.

How the heck are we supposed to catch a guy made of mist anyway?

Rolls:
S 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21

Next Up: Lureene, Grak, [Sasha], Arion, Amelia, Darvesch, Ugorji
MAP: The Swollen Sprite, (Round 315b)


Seeing the fat captain fleeing, and the suspect emerging, Arion's plans swiftly shifted.

Ah! Master Dwarf! You have him in the perfect trap now my friend!

Arion quickly banked to his left and hovered over the deck between port railing and the translucent target of their search. In mid flight Arion released the energy to dispel the poisonously gaseous transmutation, solidifying the half-Zuck again. From that flanking position the elven mage had a clear shot at a blaringly open, vital spot and struck with his black-jack.

Rolls:
CL Check: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 8 + (2) = 23 Mythic Surge

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28 Mage Strike(Su) (4th level spell slot)

Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + (6, 4, 2) = 18 Non-Lethal (Sap) + Non-Lethal Sneak Attack (Flanking)

Arion flew to D7, between Amelia and E7

...and, YES Jason can launch his master plan now (laughs). F5 MAN! F5 !


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

The sound of a loud THWACK, and an eagle crying as it got out of the way spun Darvesh about. Behind him, he could see Arion hovering just off the port rail, sap in hand, and a look of accomplishment on his face. There was still no sight of the invisible man, but his noxious smell had vanished. Had Arion dispelled it?

Even as he wondered as much, he could hear the scuff of shoes upon the deck of the ship right in front of him where no one yet stood.

Rolls:
Perception Checks
D 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

Next Up: Arion, Lureene, Amelia, [Sasha], Darvesch, Ugorji
MAP: The Swollen Sprite, (Round 315c)


Dwarf Lightbringer

"I'm sick of your games, mage! You're going to come with us whether you like it or not!" His rage continues.

Sick and tired of not being able to see, Darvesch grips his axe and prays:

Dwarven:

"Lord of Justice, heed my call,
make my enemy visible to all!"

As his enemy is revealed to all, he quickly swings his axe in an unorthodox manner, so as to not fatally wound his quarry. Thankfully, Arion has provided exactly the tactical positioning he needed to land a solid blow!

GM:

active judgements (purity, destruction)

Power Attack 1 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 13 - 4 + 1 + 4 = 21 nonlethal, mythic bonus, outflank
Power Attack 2 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 13 - 4 + 1 + 4 = 26 nonlethal, mythic bonus, outflank <-Pick this one!!!! DO IT!!!
Damage 1d10 + 15 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 3 + (3) = 27 judgement:destruction, mythic:bypasses DR, precise strike


Captain of The Harrier, Ilmarond Royal Navy

There was a ringing sound, not unlike a gong, as Darvesch brought the flat of his axe cracking down upon the forehead of the man who had gained passage under the name of Toni Catone. For a moment, the man's dark brown eyes wobbled about before he crumpled to the deck at Darvesch's feet. Mere moments later, The Avenger was along side and her crew had ensnared the Swollen Sprite with boarding hooks even as a party of able-bodied sailors ranked up around Amhranai, ready to hop-to.

Even as Captain Ridger cowered on his hands and knees, fearfully peering out from behind his smaller ship's cabin, Captain Fingel shook her head and feigned discontent grumbling, "So much for trying my hand at piracy with the lot of you around... Shackles for the prisoner, tea for the rest. Chop, chop!"


Amhranai smiled over at the captain. "Who said we had to return to port right away? There's a whole big ocean out there just waiting..." Her attention shifted to the sailors. The elf's voice was low as she reminded them: "Remember, use only blunt objects or the flats of your blades. We're here to subdue, not eliminate. Understood? Let's go."

With a sharp about-face, Amhranai swiftly made her way over to the Swollen Sprite, weapons at the ready once she was on the deck. Her narrowed eyes sought out her companions, taking note of Darvesch looming over an apparently unconscious form. Everyone looks okay, but where's Sasha? Is that our man then? A sharp extension of her forearm first left and then right set the sailors accompanying the elf to fan out. Amhranai herself approached the cowering captain, face darkening with each step, her grey eyes encompassing the prostrated man as well as those standing near him. "Care to explain what's going on here? If I like what I hear, I might allow you to continue to draw breath."

Moves to I10, assumes a defensive posture


Lureene watched the events unfold as the Avenger arrived and began disgorging the soldiers to apprehend the crew of the Sprite. Seeing the dwarf moving swiftly to bind and gag the wizard, she nodded in approval. Walking slowly towards the others she decided to swallow her pride here as she smiled at the dwarf.

"Good job, Darv! Still, he may have other items of power on him. Let me make sure he is completely disarmed here."

Lureene will move to E8 and cast Detect Magic on Ugorji and will confiscate any magic items detected. She will also remove his spell component pouch and his Arcane Bond item, should he have one.


Captain of the Swollen Sprite

As Lureene began to strip the as-yet unknown prisoner of any magic items, Amhranai addressed the man she presumed to be Captain Ridger, who now knelt trembling before her.

"Explain what's going on?" He protested, voice cracking. His fat fingers were white-knuckled, clutched the brim the hat he held to his chest, having removed it as a sign of respect. "I have no idea what's going on! We were just hauling rice and farm equipment to Freetown when you attacked us! Look, if it's tribute you're after there's a lockbox in the cabin, we'll pay whatever we've got!"


Attacking you wasn't exactly the plan, but you see what happens when you get some lustful parties involved..."So you have no idea who that man is? The one on the deck before the dwarf? I find that hard to believe. Would your crew say the same?" Her eyes cast about for one of the sailors from The Avenger. Catching the eye of one of them, she circled a finger in the air, requesting them to escort the crew over. Lureene might be better suited for this but that doesn't mean I can't make them even more happy to deal with her. Amhranai's eyes swung to the captain, something resembling a smile appearing on the elf's face as she waited on the sailors.


The spell of Haste might have ended but the mind of the Magus raced as he looked around for Sasha.

All others are accounted for and seem hale enough. No sign of our brave Huntress.

Arion rose in a revolving spiral and scanned the deck, his arc's apogee over the cabin's corner, then descended into the narrow opening over the hold, hovering among the stowage.

He called out, searching the dim room, "Sasha! Are You safe and well?!"


Dwarf Lightbringer
Lureene Ourson wrote:

Lureene watched the events unfold as the Avenger arrived and began disgorging the soldiers to apprehend the crew of the Sprite. Seeing the dwarf moving swiftly to bind and gag the wizard, she nodded in approval. Walking slowly towards the others she decided to swallow her pride here as she smiled at the dwarf.

"Good job, Darv! Still, he may have other items of power on him. Let me make sure he is completely disarmed here."

Lureene will move to E8 and cast Detect Magic on Ugorji and will confiscate any magic items detected. She will also remove his spell component pouch and his Arcane Bond item, should he have one.

The dwarf, now that he has calmed down, looks to Lureene with a blank look on his face, "Thank you, Lureene. That's a very good idea." He helps Lureene empty his pockets and disarm any jewelry as she gets the mages components needed for spellcasting. "Can you also see if you can find small bits of cloth to bind his fingers together, sorta like mittens? I don't want to take any chances."

He continues with his duties, leading the prisoner to the brig on the Avenger. Speaking to Lureene, "Listen. I'm sorry for my outburst. It's just.." he pauses for a second to let out a sigh, "We can talk about it later, if you'd like. Now, I don't think is an appropriate time," he glances to the escorted prisoner.


The sound of commotion and the Swollen Sprite being jostled had left Sasha rolling her eyes in wonderment.

So did they get him, or not?

When at last she saw Arion descend in a shaft of moonlight, she gave a sigh of contentment, and stepped out from behind the aft mast, waving cheerfully. "Hey Ari! Yeah... I'm okay I guess."

For a moment, she stood looking down at the blank spot on the floor where so recently had existed the illusion of a large crate. The memory of being paralyzed with the stranger's scimitar passing within inches of her face was still fresh in her mind, and she shivered as if from a sudden chill. Finding that she could still fly, the redhead quickly darted to his side and wrapped his arm around her. Unusually sedate, she said, "Don't tell Ellie, but it got scary there for a minute. I was totally frozen and couldn't even blink — thought for sure that was gonna be it for me..."

Chin resting on his shoulder as she enjoyed what must have seemed a calm amidst a storm, she asked, "Say, did you guys get him? He turned into a fart or something and just disappeared thru the roof. I was trying to keep an eye out in case he came back, but everyone else took off."


Captain of the Swollen Sprite

"Do I know who he is?" The Captain hesitated, glancing past the grim elf to where the dwarf was hauling his prisoner back to the pirate ship. Behind him followed the succubus, her hands full of gear she had stripped from the man. Shaking his head emphatically, he said, "Never seen him before until today. Said his name was Toni Catone and that he was bound for Freetown."

Amhranai:
While you don't think he's lying outright, you get the sense that Captain Ridger isn't telling you the whole story. For one thing, there's still that discrepancy on the passenger manifest that had originally listed 'Toni Catone' as being white, and the fact that the vessel delayed departure for almost 2 hours waiting on him.

Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 12
M 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


After her reverie at his side, Arion floated back, far enough to grasp Sasha's shoulders and examine her head to toe for any signs of injuries. Satisfied that she was unharmed he closely embraced her, cheek to cheek, finally breathing deeply.

Arion let out a short laugh of relief, "...did You say he turned into a...?"

The full meaning of her earlier divulgence prompted visions in his mind.

Frozen? Was she so near to death in here without help? How did she evade that fate?

He kissed her head gently and answered, "Yes, we got someone. The others are topside as we speak, investigating quite a few someones. We shall laugh about Your perilous path and the aftermath in an elvish bath. There I shall write a song of Your brave deeds. How The Scarlet Corsair helped us deftly ensnare some annoying foul air."

As his lips rested again upon her forehead he suddenly wondered, out loud, "What has become of Pirate Sasha's tricorn? Shall we plunder the nearby ports for a new hat?"

Holding her tightly, Arion rose upwards with her until they were in the open airs upon the deck.


Lureene marveled at the amount of magical gear recovered from the prisoner. Truly this man is a powerful spell wielder...I can understand why Mother took an interest in him. We need to know WHY he took an interest in HER however...

Making sure the gear recovered is securely stowed and locked away for her to examine once finished talking with the members of the Sprite crew, she sends a mental command to Grak, "Grak? I need you to watch this man carefully. Inform me the INSTANT he regains consciousness." Once Grak has acknowledged the orders, she nods to Darvesch. "We should get back to the Sprite, Darv...And it's all right. I was just...scared for Sash. When I saw how close he had come to killing her...I guess I lost control for a moment there." Wiping a tear away from her eye, she then followed the dwarf back onto the Sprite to continue the questioning.

In addition to Grak, Lureene would also request someone else watch him (Aerys, perhaps?)


"That's interesting, captain. But I'm not sure I believe you." Amhranai shook her head, a look of sorrow on her face. Sheathing one of her kukris, the elf swiftly replaced it with a vial. Something clear swirled inside as she gave it a shake and held it up before the captain. "Do you know what this is? It's acid and, in case you didn't know, acid has a habit of making holes in whatever it touches. Wood, stone, metal: you name it, acid goes right through it. Oh, it goes through flesh, too. If you'd prefer this acid remain where it is and not on your skin or pretty little boat here, I suggest you tell me everything you know about Catone over there. And I mean everything. If you know his mother's name, I want to know it too!"

Rolls:
Bluff Checks
M 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Intimidate Checks
M 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Captain of the Swollen Sprite

"Acid?!" the captain exclaimed. "Now hold on just a minute! I know the Freebooter's Code, and disfigurement and destruction of property, when no attempt has been made to shirk tribute, is strictly against Confederation charter. I call upon your captain for parlay!"

Rolls:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Captain of The Harrier, Ilmarond Royal Navy

"Yaaar..." Captain Fingel pulled her hat down over her eyes, grumbling an oath under her breath. "What 'as Els'mar come to when an honest pirate cannae 'ave a bit 'o fun? Round the lot up! We'll be 'avin' a spot o' tea in me ready room, yar..."

With a wink to Aerys, Këowyn strode back across to The Avenger, chuckling evilly to herself.


"You are shirking the tribute by not telling me truth! But, if you insist..."


Captain of The Harrier, Ilmarond Royal Navy

"BOYS!" the captain shouted, pointing her cutlass at Captain Ridger. "Bring tha fat bastard along a'fore yon tattooed wench melts 'im inna a puddle o' goo!"

It was a few minutes later then, that all of you found yourselves assembled in the officer's mess hall with the Swollen Sprite's six crewmen. A detachment from Fingel's ship was presently searching the captured vessel from stem to stern while a full guard was posted at the brig to keep an eye on the prisoner.

"Now then," Fingel said, tipping her chair back, booted feet propped up on the edge of the table as she sipped from a cup of tea, "let's try an' keep things civil-like."

"Tea mateys?" she offered.


Soooo...we are actually pirates now? Hmmmm...I wonder what Captain Traker would think of this...Probably laugh himself silly, no doubt.

Once Lureene had rejoined the others, she had made a show of first giving Sasha a hug (whispering she will talk with her later) and then also giving Arion his own hug, following that up with an intimate kiss, one that lingered a little too long for propriety's sake.

That should help explain why a succubus would be working with 'pirates'....

Making sure her makeshift outfit was situated so as to emphasize her body (and cleavage) she sat down next to the Sprite's captain and took a sip of her tea, surprised how tasty it was. Keowyn has good taste in tea as well. She then eyed Ridger from top to bottom, before speaking softly a note of seduction reverberating in her tone. "Look, Captain Ridger, we...I do not want to see anything of lasting damage happen to you. It would be a shame, don't you agree?" Leaning forward so as to expose a touch more of her inviting cleavage than would be considered proper, just a hint of promise in her inviting blue eyes, she continued "All we are looking for is anything you know of your passenger. Surely there would be no harm in telling....ME now would there?"

Rolls:
Diplomacy 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 1 + 20 = 50 charming, feat of CHA

Amhri = Bad Cop...Lureene = Good...err...VERY Bad Cop, he he.


Lureene Ourson wrote:
...Lureene gave Arion his own hug, following that up with an intimate kiss, one that lingered a little too long for propriety's sake.

Arion drank in the delicious delights and whispered to Lureene, "Well done, my angel."

As the enchantress exposed the helpless captain to hints of legendary treasures, Arion slipped off towards a camber corner, facing away from the others and removed his buffering cap. Thoughts of what needed to be investigated occupied his mind as he ran his fingers through his silver hair. He unpinned the cap from the underlying headband, reset the magical band upon his head and began enhancing the divination to detect surface thoughts. Turning again to face the crowd, Arion spent some time probing the minds of the captured crew.

Spell:
Arion cast Detect Thoughts, modified by Heighten Spell Metamagic (4th level slot), aimed towards the captured crew (Will DC 19)


Captain of the Swollen Sprite

"G– g– bblpt!" There was a loud sputter followed by the sound of choking as Captain Ridger very nearly drowned in his teacup. After one of his slack-jawed crewmen got him to clean himself up with a handkerchief, he stammered, "Oh, why ah– *cough* please, call me Coley, Miss...?"

Even as Arion stood by, scanning the Captain's thoughts, he noted (with perhaps some amusement) that Lureene's ploy was so disarming, the captain offered no resistance to his mental probes whatsoever. Little surprise then that he also D-scerned that there was only one thing on Ridger's mind... well, a pair of somethings to be more precise.

Rolls:
L Diplomacy (Attitude) 14 + 15 + 1 + 20 - 21 - 5 - 10 - 10 = 4 Eric's roll, seductive, feat of charisma, Unfriendly, Indifferent, Friendly, Helpful success


"Ourson...Miss Ourson. Delighted to make your acquaintance!" Lureene was well aware of the effect she had on the hapless Captain, yet shrugged it off. She was well used to such displays from those uncouth males (and females as well).

Leaning back and taking another sip of tea, she turned to gaze at him a look of concern on her face. "Now, eve though I really have no desire to see anything untoward happen to you or your fine crew, I fear my...influence does not extend to those who make those decisions." Her gaze traveled towards first Amhranai and then Keowyn (although she had to resist the urge to give the tattooed elf a wink.) "SOooo....please do me this tiny favor and let us know everything about your passenger."


Rolls:
Diplomacy 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 1 = 18 seductive


Captain of the Swollen Sprite

"Ourson..." the Captain said with a contented sigh, "Well, Miss Ourson the Sprite doesn't generally take on passengers, being as we don't have room and all, but 'Toni' was sort of a courtesy — to a long-time customer, you might say. Not that said customer didn't exactly make it worth our while, mind you."

Further back in the room, one of the other crewmen started griping suddenly in a foreign tongue, and Ridger nodded in agreement. "True, true, it would have been nice if he had actually made it on time and matched the description we were given, but he still knew the pass-phrase. Why, if he'd been on time, we might not have met this lovely miss!"

A groan of disappointment followed from the Setenbori man who had complained earlier, but Coley only smiled and laughed, helpless in the face of Lureene's charms.

Rolls:
Sense Motive Checks:
E 1d20 + 25 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 25 + 3 = 35 alertness
M 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
R 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
D 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27
L 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
S 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11 human


When Ridger said 'Toni', stressing it even as he made scare-quotes with his fingers, Sasha slapped her hand on the table and nodded with satisfaction. "See?! I told you that Toni Catone was a fake name!"


Lureene hid a smile at her best friend's exclamation. Yes, Sash you were absolutely right on that...once again! Turning back to Ridger, she continued "SOooo...WHO gave you the description of our good man 'Toni'" even as she resisted the urge to mimic the gesture of scare-quotes like Ridger did.

Rolls:
Diplomacy 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 15 + 1 = 29 seductive


Captain of the Swollen Sprite

There was further protest from the older Setenbori man, but Ridger simply rolled his eyes and slid his hand closer to pat Lureene's. "Suffice it to say, my men are a bit apprehensive about upsetting our employer, but being as his company is stamped on every last barrel in our hold, I'm sure a smart, beautiful, enchanting..."

He paused for a moment, one fist propping up his chin while the other caressed Lureene's slender fingers. When at last she reminded him about the rice barrels, he snapped out of it and said, "Oh right, well the young lord himself sent a messenger with the request. Made sure I committed it to memory and then burned it even. 'Toni Catone' was the name we were given, just supposed to give him a lift to Freetown with no questions asked, and no royal entanglements."

Ahmranai:
Yet as the man went on, recollecting the physical description he'd been given, Amhranai had the unsettling feeling that she'd seen such a fellow before. Just this morning in fact.

After taking a long sip from his teacup, Captain Ridger tried to make chit-chat, asking brightly, "So, what interest do the Freebooters have in that lad anyway? Desserter? Runaway slave? Scorned lover?"


So, the Bonati circles are implicated in more than shipping supplies. Amhranai seems to be familiar with some details. She is too clever to burst out a reaction though. Remember also, for every clue in an investigation, substantial adversaries present ruses and decoys. Fortuitous that I am united with those with talents for tracking and inquest.

Arion only allowed those few reactions to linger briefly as he kept all else concentrated upon his study of the captives. The elven wizard's mind was eased in his efforts by the fact that the seas were calm enough that evening. He continued to allow the team to pry at their detainees while he concentrated and observed.


Lureene chuckled softly so as to hide the look of perplexity on her face.

That description Ridger gave me is nowhere near the prisoner we just captured. His appearance did not change after I removed his magical gear and he could not maintain an illusion whilst unconscious...what is going on here? Could Ridger's memory have been altered...like Tiniel's was?

"Well, Captain Ridger, could you honestly believe any of my lovers would scorn ME? As for why we have interest in him? Well, it is not my place to say. I hope you do understand." Lureene smiled sadly at him, feigning disappointment she could not be more forthcoming. As she continued to sip her tea, she resolved to tell Captain Keowyn to take Ridger into custody also...for questioning.

Rolls:
Bluff 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 20 + 1 + 1 = 40 seductive, lying


"Uh..." Sasha looked up at Arion, eyebrow quirked before poking Lureene in the arm. "Ellie, but what about 'Toni'? He doesn't look anything like that! I mean, if I was supposed to go grab a guy that was short and ruddy with thin black hair, and I got some tall, bald mulatto, I kinda think somebody would be pissed off, you know?"

Arion:
The men's daydreams over being Lureene's lover were tempered by thoughts of, 'That's what I said!' at Sasha's observation. The captain, however, even though he was slightly apprehensive still felt justified, although that sense was starting to crumble.

10,551 to 10,600 of 11,113 << first < prev | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.