Voice in the Void PFS PbP

Game Master Beckett

Began 21Feb2013 -


501 to 550 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"I don't know if this will help you but I found this note." It says 'the eye is always vigilant' and was found among Osirion goodies in that backpack. Then Seaweed says, "Here, let the winds of Gozreh protect you from any harms."
Casting resistance (I should get guidance next level D'OH!) clue is probably not for here, but it is the only one I found so I'll keep repeating it :)

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

Under the protection of the very gods themselves, the hardy (gotta remember that save bonus) dwarf kneels by the chest, and attempts to manipulate the stone into opening the chest.

use magic device: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
...and after we pick up the bits of dwarf, then we can move onto the ghostly and disturbing sounds from the next room. :)

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

As Evigail mutters the words, the small square stone on the side of the chest flashes, then slides down to the ground, detached from the chest. Adding to your further puzzlement Angruf begins to tinker with the trap. . .

It was a Stone of Alarm.:) <clicky on stone of alarm>

Elwyn quickly realizing that Angruf does not have the tricks of the trade, might set of the magical trap(s) even if he manages to muck-up it's mundane components.

With his UMD, he can actually reset the Stone of Alarm, though.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

While waiting for Elywn & the others to finish examining the chest, the cleric looks at the ceiling and tries to picture where the whole in the floor might be compared to the trapdoor. Then Seaweed moves over to the covered archway and listens through the curtain.
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

Backing with some startlement from the chest Angruf says, "That wasn't me - Evigail, it appears you're star pupil today."

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

"Previously, we seem to have been discovering the tails of these tales before their teeth. Let's go investigate those sounds, and perhaps we'll discover some means of opening this safely." Picking up the stone, Angruf tosses it lightly to Evigail, "First prize for the star pupil."

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Sorry, I've been very busy the last few days, and haven't been able to check on the game.

Final Scene: THE WARP OF THE DARK TAPESTRY

The walls and ceiling of this chamber bulge outward, continuing the grotesque architectural style of the antechamber, as if you were standing in the leviathan’s stomach. Queer, glowing nodules protrude from the walls at seemingly random intervals, bathing the room in their sickly green glow. A tall, free-standing, almost organic-looking archway carved from a strange, glowing blue-green stone stands atop a low dais in a wide alcove at the far end of the chamber. The center of the arch is empty, revealing the wall behind it, but the space occasionally flickers with curtains of starry darkness, as if somewhere else lies just beyond the portal. A susurrus of ghostly whispers seem to issue from the gate, their language and meaning unclear, but fraught with a sense of wrongness.

Imrizade Blakros stands on the dais before the arch, connected to the Gate of Beyond by five disgusting, fleshy, fungoid umbilicals attached to her hips, shoulders, and the base of her skull. She is half-Osirian, with long, dark hair and light brown skin, wearing a weathered explorer’s outfit. Under some sort of possession, her eyes are completely black, showing no iris or whites. The bodies of the missing guards and servants little the ground around her. Having pulled back the curtain, you seem to have surprised those inside. Sitting at the right of the semi-active portal is a strange canister, one you recognize from some of the notes and drawing you found, and this may have been what Imrizade brought back with her from her last adventure. The canister seems locking into place within a small alcove of the machine, and it does not appear as though it can be removed, though possibly destroyed.

Init:
Angruf: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Elwyn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Evigail: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Garak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Griflet: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Grundle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Leonel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Imrizade: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

DM Roll:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Because you disabled the Stone of Alarm, her early warning system, Imrizade is caught unaware, giving you each a Surprize Round, meaning a single Standard or Move Action prior to Round One. Also, big Map Update.

Init Order:

Group 1:
Garak
Grundle
Leonel
Imrizade

Group 2:
Griflet
Elwyn
Angruf
Evigail

Elwyn:
Looking about, you see that Garak seems to be freaking out about her hands. Then you notice that so is Griflet, but he seems to be in pain, trying to relieve his palms of some wound. As you begin to ask what is wrong, your attention goes to Grundle, who seems almost in a trance looking at Imrizad's lovely body coiled in tentacls of darkness, as if she where whispering something in his ear like a lover would to their object of affection. He has a strange sense of peace upon his face, which is most horrifying in the circumstances. What's worse, all three seem to have again completely black eyes, but then you notice that so do all of your other allies, too.

Garak:
As the curtain is puller back, your hands both begin to shake, as if cold. At first you feel annoyed, as it will mess with your aim, but as you try to crack your knuckles to help your self get over it, your dominate hand snaps, like breaking the bones in your wrist. Oddly, it's not painful. Your hand then seems to fall off, like you are somehow molting your flesh, rapidly. Beneath, replacing your hand, your firing hand, is a single black tentacle, split at the end like a snake's tongue, forking off into three smaller tentacles.

Angruf:
Looking about, you see that Garak seems to be freaking out about her hands. Then you notice that so is Griflet, but he seems to be in pain, trying to relieve his palms of some wound. As you begin to ask what is wrong, your attention goes to Grundle, who seems almost in a trance looking at Imrizad's lovely body coiled in tentacls of darkness, as if she where whispering something in his ear like a lover would to their object of affection. He has a strange sense of peace upon his face, which is most horrifying in the circumstances. What's worse, all three seem to have again completely black eyes, but then you notice that so do all of your other allies, too.

Griflet:
Again, without knowing how, the wounds in your hands reappear, as do the pangs of murderous rage.

Evigail:
Looking about, you see that Garak seems to be freaking out about her hands. Then you notice that so is Griflet, but he seems to be in pain, trying to relieve his palms of some wound. As you begin to ask what is wrong, your attention goes to Grundle, who seems almost in a trance looking at Imrizad's lovely body coiled in tentacls of darkness, as if she where whispering something in his ear like a lover would to their object of affection. He has a strange sense of peace upon his face, which is most horrifying in the circumstances. What's worse, all three seem to have again completely black eyes, but then you notice that so do all of your other allies, too.

Grundle:
Seeing Imrizade coiled about by darkness, as you had invisioned yourself not so long ago, you see her mouth the words, but hear it in your mind "Coommmee home. Please, just come home. What are you waiting for, my Grundle. Dearest one, when we are together, there is nothing we. . . . and I need you so."

Leonel:
Looking about, you see that Garak seems to be freaking out about her hands. Then you notice that so is Griflet, but he seems to be in pain, trying to relieve his palms of some wound. As you begin to ask what is wrong, your attention goes to Grundle, who seems almost in a trance looking at Imrizad's lovely body coiled in tentacls of darkness, as if she where whispering something in his ear like a lover would to their object of affection. He has a strange sense of peace upon his face, which is most horrifying in the circumstances. What's worse, all three seem to have again completely black eyes, but then you notice that so do all of your other allies, too.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Oh, I have wanted to see one of those gates since I first read about them. "I wonder what happens to someone going through the gate" Seaweed pauses. "Griflet? are you hurt? and... oh. Are my eyes as black as everyone elses?" the cleric asks looking at the rest of the party.

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

"freaked out ill wrap my tenticled hand around the gun and take a shot..."

Attack
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Dammage
1d12 ⇒ 7

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

At who? Imrizade?

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

i'm thinking so... its more of a reaction... being freaked out at the moment she shoots the 1st thing that came into veiw that she doen't know and this scene makes her that much worse.... as she shoot she'll yells "this can't be happening!"

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Just to b clear, the tentacles seem to have Imrizade trapped there, both "chained", but also feeding off of her. A Sense Motive check will give more information, but she does seem to be in a lot of pain.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Ill skip a few people if they dont respond by tonight so the others can go.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Leonel advances into the room.
Moved my token already.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Pulling back the curtain, Imrizade begins to mutter weakly "no,. . . no,. . . please. . .".

Garak begins to freak out, constantly looking at his right hand as if it where on fire, then takes a random shot at the bound and tormented Imrizade, striking her full force in the chest. Grundle advances into the room, but as he does, some of the corpses on the ground begin to twitch, then come to life, or a semblance of it. Five bodies stand, looking at the Pathfinders with a hunger.

As blood begins to ooze from her breast, a thick, dark blood, Imrizade shows signs of true terror as her body begins to convulse and shake, regardless of her pained resistance. A male voice begins to chant the words of arcane magic, as two magical bolts dart from the tentacles chaining her to the portal to beyond. One strikes Garak, while the other Evigail. Afterwards she screams, as her body again convulses, her limbs seeming to rip from her body. No, something else. They grow longer, not unlike two long snakes, and whip about, threatening to strike those that approach. She continues to scream, until one of the tendrils plunges into her throat, her last words before being muffled, "Pleaaasse!!! Just end it."

Group 2 is up.

New Init:

Group 1
Garak
Grundle
Leonel
Imrizade

Group 2
Griflet
Elwyn
Angruf
Evigail

Group 3
Fast Zombie 1
Fast Zombie 2
Fast Zombie 3
Fast Zombie 4
Fast Zombie 5

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

All this time Griflet has been muttering to himself, terror stricken at the palpable darkness surrounding him. But now, looking down at his bleeding hands, he is filled with white-hot rage.

"Rrrrghhhhh!!!!! he roars, entering a rage.

Sorry I haven't been around in a while. I can't attack the same turn I rage, can I?

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Right now you are restricted to a single Move or Standard Action. Group 3 does not get to act this round, so in Round 1, (next), you can Rage, move and attack as needed.

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

" Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
__
The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?"

Intoing an ancient lyric poem decrying a descent into madness, Angruf seeks to inspire his companions to resist the blood-dimmed tide.

Round Surprise
status: HP 9/9 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | F +1 | R +2 | W +4
standard: invoke inspire courage (4/6); perform(oratory): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 (just for effect)
NOTE: +1 to hit/+1 to damage for all attacks

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Thanks for moving me, did you take my full 20 ft for the Surprise? Grundle's about to go insane and would just start charging towards the tentacles.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

@ Grundle yes i did.

@Angruf. Thats awesome.

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Elwyn moves towards the tentacles ...

Trying to shake the demonic thoughts from his head he call out to the group, "Maybe we need to sever the tentacles to free her."

As he does he tries to appraise the situation:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

But the images that have been thrust into his mind make his thoughts hazy at best.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Knowing an entangle spell will hit allies as well as enemies Seaweed instead positions to better use a wind blast.
move for suprise round

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Any Zombie that gets up in the Surprise that's within reach...do I get an AoO? I can't remember for some reason!

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

@ Grundle, yes, you do as standing up does provoke. As long as you have either acted in the round or possess Combat Reflexes, you can take AoO's.

@ Evigail, there is no natural shrubbery, vines, and grass in the area, so an Entangle would not work, anyway. :(

Back to Group 1 with Garak, Grundle, and then Leonel.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

"You son of a...I'll rip your tentacles in HALF!!!!!"

Grundle screams at the tentacles holding the girl, after he quivers in place for a moment.

He runs forward as fast as his legs can carry him and slams a flail at one of the tentacles, spittle falling behind him, "You'll not keep her tied up. NEVER AGAIN!!!!! AHHGGGHHHH!!"

Charge and Attack 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Grundle's attack causes the tendrils to shake, and Imrazade as well from the little tension they allow her. The wound in her chest begins to heal quickly, though not completely, but Grundle's swing caused the tendril he hit to rip from her, causing her more pain and some small damage.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Leonel steps forward and tries to strike down the zombie before him.
5-foot step right, begin Luck
Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 1 = 22, Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 5) + 7 = 17

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Leonel tactically advances, sundering the zombie before him in a shower of undead guts.

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

i advance 20ft taking out my skimtar

atacking zombie # 2

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

damage

1d6 ⇒ 4

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Im at a firing range doing medical coverage so I can not do too much. But that might actually hit their Flat Footed Prone AC.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Round 1A

Garak drops her rifle and draws a blade, advancing to attack the zombie before him, shattering it's ribcage beneath the rotten necrotic flesh, but not enough to put it down. Grundle follows up, charging at Imrizade, striking one of the tentacles attached to her. Leonel centers himself, envoking the combat mind, and swings with all his might, utterly destroying the mindless flesh in his way. Imrazide, still tormented and being choked, calls on her dark power, or rather whoever, or whatever is controlling her, both heals her completely as well as calls forth more magical bolts, both striking Grundle, For 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9 damage, may take an AoO, but it is against Imrizade, not the tentacles, portal, or canister)).

Group 2 is up
I will not be able to post much tomorrow either, but I should be ok after that.

Init:

Group 1
Garak
Grundle
Leonel
Imrizade

Group 2
Griflet
Elwyn
Angruf
Evigail

Group 3
Fast Zombie 1
Fast Zombie 2 (wounded)
Fast Zombie 3
Fast Zombie 5

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Elwyn, hoping that their efforts on the tentacles are having some effect despite her healing and retaliation moves in to sever another of her connections to the demon world.

He slices with his rapier, Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Grundle gasps in surprise and pain as the bolts hammer into his chest, almost lifting him off his feet.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Elwyn slices off on of the tentacles, which seems to cause her intense pain.

DM Notes:
1d3

Was there one in particular you wanted to aim for, if not, I will go wit the one that is both chocking her ad latched to the back of her skull.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed steps back and pushes undead toward the gate.
wind blast against Z2 & Z3. 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

@GM Beckett - makes sense to me to go with the one that has the spial tap. Thanks.

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

"Nggghhhh unnghhh ahhhhhghhh!!!" growls Griflet incomprehensively before launching with all his might(with the help of Power Attack) at one of the tentacles, swinging his broken greataxe.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 2 = 18

Damage: 1d12 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 2 = 14

I don't know which tentacle to attack, so just pick one. I wanted to do a charge like Grundle, but I don't know if I can.


simply M Draco Electricus author 2, herper 4, canine exerciser 9,
Griflet Garsson wrote:

"Nggghhhh unnghhh ahhhhhghhh!!!" growls Griflet incomprehensively before launching with all his might(with the help of Power Attack) at one of the tentacles, swinging his broken greataxe.

Attack: 1d20+6-2

Damage: 1d12+12-2

I don't know which tentacle to attack, so just pick one. I wanted to do a charge like Grundle, but I don't know if I can.

Charge rules.

Since the strait line between griflet and the portal has a partial wall and an ally, charge is not available against the tentacles. It is a double move to reach the tentacles from your position or you can move to & attack a zombie. This can be done to set up a charge at the tentacles next round if you want it to.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Yes, if you would like to keep that roll for a zombie, that's fine, though I suggest, (and will allow) you to not use up a Rage round for it. Also, there are currently 4 tentacles attached to Imrizade. Please declare which you intend to attack, as they all have different results and options. 2 are at the shoulders and arms, and 2 are at the hips, pelvis, and legs, one left and one right.

With her mouth free, and through her intense pain, the actual Imrazide, her voice and will nearly failing muteringlly beg, "Plea, . . . I can't. . . it hur. . . s . . . the artif. . . ."

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Beckett, looking at the map, it appears I've gone up one square while I wasn't watching. I should be one down from that.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Ok, I wasn't sure, I moved you to attack, I believe, and figured you would want to make your way either closer to one of the other fast zombies or the tentacles/Imrizade next.

To move things along, I'm going to have Griflet attack a zombie, which will destroy it.

Griflet rushes foreward, unleashing his furry on one of the corpses beginning to rise, as Elwyn focuses on one of the many black tentacles, severing the one that had been choking and draining the life from Imrizade's head. Angruf, continuing to chant to bolster his allies, moves to a better location, draws his weapon, takes aim with his crossbow, and fires at a zombie, though sadly misses it's supine body.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Evigail, again summoning the powers of the divine hurricane, sends one of the zombies flying, nearly hurling it at his friend further away.

Group 3
Zombie 1 stands up, 5ft steps at Elwyn and attacks, swinging a limb at him with surprising efficiency. These are not your typical slow, lumbering zombies.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 <vs AC 17>
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Zombie 3 likewise stands, attacking focusing on the same target.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 <vs AC 17>
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The last remaining one (zombie 5) also gets to her feet, and moves to Grundle, but is not able to attack.

ROUND 2, Group 1 is up again

Spoiler:
Group 1
Garak
Grundle
Leonel
Imrizade

Group 2
Griflet
Elwyn
Angruf
Evigail

Group 3
Fast Zombie 1
Fast Zombie 3
Fast Zombie 5

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Leonel charges the artifact with a burning rage.
Charge + Power Attack + Rage + Luck: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 25, Damage: 2d6 + 7 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 7 + 1 + 3 = 18

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Which artifact are you going at? I just want to make sure I'm clear.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

What I believe is a canister-type thing directly to the right of my token. That's why I was making sure I was lined up. I've been planning the charge since the beginning, but the zombie was a minor setback.

I moved my token accordingly. Let me know if I'm confused about the artifact.
If not, I provoke 1 AoO from that zombie vs 14 AC.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Attack 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Attack 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage 1 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage 1 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Grundle, blinded by his memories, fear, and pain, continues to attack any tentacle left holding the woman.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59
DM Beckett wrote:

Group 3

Zombie 1 stands up,
Zombie 3 likewise stands,

AoO? If not...

"Sorry for putting them that close to you Elwyn!

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

I apologize, I had thought that I had put that it in. Yes, all of the zombies that stand up DO provoke AoO's for standing, and that does happen before they attack.

@Leonel, that's what I thought, and yes, you can smash the crap out of it. I'll update once the others have gone. :)

@Grundle:
both of your attacks will severe a tentacle. Essentually it is a Sunder Attack. It's kind of important which one's you target, though. Can you either specify, or I will go with some random ones (below). There are 4 left, (1) left arm, (2) left hip, (3) right arm, and (4) right hip.

1d4 ⇒ 2
1d4 ⇒ 2

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

move so that i'm flanking zombie 3 and attack zombie 3

this is with outflank although i think i should have it
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

damage

1d6 ⇒ 4

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Garak moves up and attacks on of the zombies on Elwyn, trying to offer relief from the coming onslaught. Ignoring the zombies, both Grundle and Leone focus on targets upon the dias. Grundle frees both of her arms, causing the dark tendrils to retract, before withering and dying. Imrazides body falls forward, but is stopped at the hips. Leonel then rushes and tries to smash the small iron canister, nearly sundering it twain. The lid is destroyed, revealing with in a perfectly preserved human-sized brain. Small greenish sparks, some sort of ancient magic, though you can't be sure of what variety occasionally emanate from it, indicating it is somehow very much alive or active. The canister itself begins to hum, and is barely being held together.

Just then, Imrizade bolts up, her eyes fully black, with strange burning wounds appearing on her body, looks at you with utter hatred. A male voice, one filled with arrogant wrath commands "You will all die here, morels for my pets, and undying slaves like the others." A ghostly arua of a man seems to surround Imrizade, commanding her body like a puppet. It begins to cast, Grundle and Elwyn can take an AoO if you want, but again it's at Imrizade, not the tentacles or portal, and unleashes another magical barrage.

I need to know about the AoO's before I continue.

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Elwyn is momentarily set back by the blow from the zombie, but collects himself just in time to see the transformation in Imrizade. Taking the being seriously he uses his opportunity to strike at the thing.

normally I might try non-Lethal but this could get ugly and we can heal her later

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

501 to 550 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Voice in the Void PFS PbP Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.