Variel's WotR

Game Master Neltji

From Level 1 to Level 20. Good luck heroes you might need it.

loot list

combat map


8,551 to 8,600 of 9,071 << first < prev | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | next > last >>

Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 8/8 Channel 6d6 DC 20 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 11/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Once the front-liners have indicated that it is safe to proceed and Zeriax has indicated no traps, Nasira moves to investigate the unfortunates on the slabs. "They appear to have suffered this indignity while alive! The monsters seem to have used their entrails for some sort of divination."

Turning to the wall, she asks, "Snow, you seem very knowledgeable in many fields - does this mean anything to you? Anyone else?"


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:

Snow studies the writing closely before giving a sigh. "I can't read this tongue. It's Aklo I think, but I've never given it much attention. I don't venture into the First World, or Leng, so there's not much need for it. It looks like they're calculating something though. I'm not sure what."

She looks around the room again and shudders. "I'm very glad those things are dead. Can we move on? This place is horrible!"


Male Dwarf Barbarian 12(Invulnerable Rager)/Champion 5:
Stats:
Int: +7; AC:27/17t/25ff; Hp's 221/221(269/269 raging); DR 6/-; Fort:+15(Rage: +19)/Ref:+7/Will:+9(Rage: +12); Perc:+19; CMB +18/ CMD:37(41 vs. Bull Rush/Trip)

Appalled at the sight, Morgrym can't help but shake his head in anger. "That's just sick. Just adds to me reasons ta slaughter 'em all. If no one else has anythin' they can tell us about that strange writin', let's keep movin'." Barring any other info, Morgrym will head toward the southern door. "Ya wanna check this door, Zeriax? Not sure if I can spot a trap as well as yerself," he says as he looks about the door anyway.

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28

If it turns out it's safe, Morgrym will proceed through the door. That's, of course, we don't activate some death trap before we actually get to the door. :P


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 6/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18

Zeriax pauses momentarily contemplating the atrocities that have probably taken place in this room, and then follows ater Morgrym in silence.

Perception to check the door: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30


A series of lonely cells, each empty and devoid of furnishings,
lines the walls of this room. Two sets of double doors lead
north and west, respectively.
These cells radiate moderate abjuration magic. No
doors provide access to the cell interior—prisoners are
placed within the cells via magic) typically teleportation or
dimension door) while the prisoners are unconscious. The
iron cell bars are narrow and strong (hardness 10, hp 60,
break DC 30).

This wide hallway snakes to the south a slight angle. Double
doors are set on each wall, while to the southwest sits a
weapon rack designed for oversized weapons. Two +1 glaives are
stored here.

The doors to areas north and south are always locked.

map updated


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 8/8 Channel 6d6 DC 20 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 11/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

By over-sized, do you mean for Large creatures? Or just larger-than-longsword style weapons? If the glaives are small enough to carry, I propose we take them if only to deprive the inhabitants of their use.

Sovereign Court

Angelkin Aasimar - (Status: Normal) SS 12/G 5 | HP:136/136 | AC: 32(33) | CMD: 31 | F:16/R:13/W:13 MP:12/13 (RadMP:2/2) Aura 20ft DC:19 to Teleport

Rarity looks over the situation with sorrow and revulsion. He takes up position at the North door for those with trap-sense to take a look at. Well, let us clear this room and see if there is anything to be learned


They are larger sized to be used by Minotaurs and the like.


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 8/8 Channel 6d6 DC 20 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 11/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

Hmm. Awkward at best. Nasira will still try to carry them, dropping them when necessary, with the thought that a crafter might be able to alter them or siphon off their enchantments.


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 6/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18

Zeriax moves closer to the door, checking it carefully, and also listening for sounds from beyond it.

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24


From the north door or hear sounds of grunting and large bodies moving. You are sure that they are aware of intruders but not that you are there right now outside the door.


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 6/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18

Zeriax informs the others and makes way for Garith and Morgrym.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 12(Invulnerable Rager)/Champion 5:
Stats:
Int: +7; AC:27/17t/25ff; Hp's 221/221(269/269 raging); DR 6/-; Fort:+15(Rage: +19)/Ref:+7/Will:+9(Rage: +12); Perc:+19; CMB +18/ CMD:37(41 vs. Bull Rush/Trip)

"Alright, folks,let's see who gets ta meet me hammer up close and personal this time. And the winner is...," he says plainly as he opens the door.


Trying the door you find it locked. Zeriax makes short work of it though. Opening the door you see 2 of the Minotaur guardians that you experienced at the entrance of the Sanctum. Workin quickly you dispatch the 2 of them in short order. With only a single area left on this side of the complex you proceed south and inspect the last set of double doors. Finding them locked as well Zeriax picks the lock.p and opens the door.

The sight before you is not what you expected. Opulence rules this room. A mahogany dresser stands in one corner. It’s doors open to reveal half a dozen exquisite gowns and dresses. A similarly constructed desk next to it has papers neatly organized on top. In the opposite corner an elaborate stone bath sits with the water running as pink bubbles and steam come from it. In the last corner, opposite you, is a 4 poster bed with lavish silk drapes and bedspread. On the bed lounges perhaps the most beautiful woman you have seen wearing a sheer teal nightgown. Next tot he bed however you are disturbed to see a torture rack with the body of a dead crusader upon it.

The woman looks at you as you open the door and languidly asks you, Please come in. We have much to talk about.


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:

Snow, not being blind, is as impressed by the woman as the rest of the group. However her sense of right and wrong is blaring and she examines the figure carefully as magic pools at her fingertips.

Knw Planes: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 25

Ready action for counterspelling, but not talking!


Male Dwarf Barbarian 12(Invulnerable Rager)/Champion 5:
Stats:
Int: +7; AC:27/17t/25ff; Hp's 221/221(269/269 raging); DR 6/-; Fort:+15(Rage: +19)/Ref:+7/Will:+9(Rage: +12); Perc:+19; CMB +18/ CMD:37(41 vs. Bull Rush/Trip)

Morgrym walks in nonchalantly, his hammer resting upon his shoulder. "Ya know, I'm thinkin' we ain't got that much ta talk about, ya freak. That lad or lass ya murdered right there? yeah, yer gonna be answerin' for that one. Now, the next question is, do wish for me ta just smash yer face in first or should I break most of yer bones and then smash yer face in? Wait, that's probably a question I should answer." Shrugging, "Whatever, either way works for me. As long as you wind up dead, it's all the same ta me," he says as he grips his breaker tightly, prepared to move in. A thought then crosses his mind, "But before I kill ya, I'm curious... what kind of blasted demon are ya ta have the ability ta look like that? 'Cause that ain't normal."


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 8/8 Channel 6d6 DC 20 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 11/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

Nasira steps forward to the dwarf, murmuring a spell as she holds the symbol of the Dawnflower. Placing her hand on Morgrym's shoulder, she wards him against evil.

Protection from Evil


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 6/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18

"Stunning" - in spite of all his monastic training, Zeriax cannot help but offer his 'insight' regarding the woman before them...

"And what would we have to discuss?" - he adds to Morgrym's words.


The woman turns to you Morgrym as you blurt out your diplomatic nature. You must be Morgrym. shoe says smiling. I have heard much about you from my minions and slaves. I am glad to see that they did not lie to me about your impetuous nature. However I wish you would be not so hasty right now as I said we have much to talk about.

She then turns to Nasira, Please halt follower of,the Dawnflower, Nasira. We are hear to talk first. Do not ruin the moment with spells even if they are not directed towards me. That is unbecoming of a peaceful accord.

Ah the silent yet resourceful Zeriax wishes to open negotiations so pointedly. I am surprised by one who has spent so many years in meditation would rush so quickly.

I am Jerribeth, perhaps you have heard my name bandied about in the Worldwound. I have knowledge and information about who and what you will face ahead. I can share that with you perhaps if you help me as well?


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:

Nothing from Knw Planes?


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 6/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18

"You mistake rush with objectivity" - Zeriax replies - "And yes, we have heard of you, though the stories were not about a beautiful woman, but instead about a deceptive demon" - he adds honestly.

Jerribeth does not react to Arueshalae presence?

Snow, as far as we know (from waaaaaaaaaaaaay back), Jerribeth is a Glabrezu I think :P


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:

Fairly sure Arue and I weren't around for that bit! :)


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 6/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18

Yeah I know, was just adding some info :D

The reference to Arue is because, if I remember correctly, Jerribeth had place a bounty on Arue's head.

Sovereign Court

Angelkin Aasimar - (Status: Normal) SS 12/G 5 | HP:136/136 | AC: 32(33) | CMD: 31 | F:16/R:13/W:13 MP:12/13 (RadMP:2/2) Aura 20ft DC:19 to Teleport

And what assistance do you think you could possibly ask of us, Jerribeth? You know of our purpose. What goals could you possibly have that are not in direct conflict with out goals? Garith asks, cocking his head in slight confusion


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 8/8 Channel 6d6 DC 20 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 11/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

Nasira nods in response, "There is no reason to be concerned, milady. It is certainly not uncommon for spellcasting to precede negotiations in the greatest of castles." She finishes her spell.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 12(Invulnerable Rager)/Champion 5:
Stats:
Int: +7; AC:27/17t/25ff; Hp's 221/221(269/269 raging); DR 6/-; Fort:+15(Rage: +19)/Ref:+7/Will:+9(Rage: +12); Perc:+19; CMB +18/ CMD:37(41 vs. Bull Rush/Trip)

Morgrym cuts his eyes toward the others for a sight moment before turning them back to the 'woman'. "The lad's askin' a good question and I haven't yet charged and smashed yer face in so things are good for ya, demon... for now. But what I really want ta know is: Do ya seriously think that this so-called 'information' ya have is enough for us ta even consider helpin' ya? What are ya daft?!" he says, shaking his head. "But I'll wait and see what ya got ta say. That lad asked ya some good questions so I'll let ya answer 'em. And I'd be willin' ta bet 50 gold that whatever yer answer is, it won't even be close ta temptin' us."


Snow from the knowledge planar check is many demons have the ability to change shape and disguise themselves. Without seeing her true form you do not know for sure what it is. However if Zeriax recalls correctly about a glabrezu...Whereas the succubus is a demon that works her wiles by exploiting the physical lusts and needs of her prey, the glabrezu is a tempter of a different sort. Ferocious and bestial in form, the glabrezu is in fact a master of trickery and lies. With its ability to cloak its true form in pleasant illusions, the glabrezu uses its magic to grant wishes to mortal humanoids as a method of rewarding those who succumb to its guile and deceit. A wish granted by a glabrezu always fulfills the wisher's need in the most destructive way possible—although such methods might not be immediately apparent. A struggling weaponsmith might wish for fame and skill at his craft, only to find that his best patron is a cruel and sadistic murderer who uses the weapons to further his destructive desires. A lonely man who wishes for a companion might have his wish granted in the form of a lost love returned to “life” as a vampire, and so on—the glabrezu is nothing if not creative in addressing a mortal's desires.

Jerribeth had a briefest look of shock and dismay upon seeing Arueshalae but covered so quickly you barely even noticed it.

Zeriax wrote:
You mistake rush with objectivity" - Zeriax replies - "And yes, we have heard of you, though the stories were not about a beautiful woman, but instead about a deceptive demon" - he adds honestly.

Beauty is deceptive, evil, and curse. Everyone knows it. They just ignore that fact. Think of all the wars, lies, problems, and every other sin committed because of a lust of beauty. She pauses to look at her form, Yet I will say this form does have its advantages...

Garith wrote:
And what assistance do you think you could possibly ask of us, Jerribeth? You know of our purpose. What goals could you possibly have that are not in direct conflict with out goals? Garith asks, cocking his head in slight confusion.

I know why you are here and what your goal is. You seek to stop the Worm that Walks. I know much about him and could help you. How you would be helping me is that my superiors have said I am to take orders from him. That is tedious and I would rather be my own master. You kill him and that frees me of my obligation.

Nasira wrote:
Nasira nods in response, "There is no reason to be concerned, milady. It is certainly not uncommon for spellcasting to precede negotiations in the greatest of castles." She finishes her spell.

I would beg to differ that point of view. From my experience people are quite uneasy about those casting spells around nobility. Spells are often cast ahead of time and then those people are scanned quite intently before being admitted. From here on I would request you desist in all spellcasting unless you wish this conversation to turn for the worse.

Morgrym wrote:
Morgrym cuts his eyes toward the others for a sight moment before turning them back to the 'woman'. "The lad's askin' a good question and I haven't yet charged and smashed yer face in so things are good for ya, demon... for now. But what I really want ta know is: Do ya seriously think that this so-called 'information' ya have is enough for us ta even consider helpin' ya? What are ya daft?!" he says, shaking his head. "But I'll wait and see what ya got ta say. That lad asked ya some good questions so I'll let ya answer 'em. And I'd be willin' ta bet 50 gold that whatever yer answer is, it won't even be close ta temptin' us."

Everyone has a price for temptation. 50gp is but a trifle to what I could offer. Perhaps there is something else I could offer...a wish fulfillment perhaps?


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 8/8 Channel 6d6 DC 20 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 11/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

"I shall so desist."


Male Dwarf Barbarian 12(Invulnerable Rager)/Champion 5:
Stats:
Int: +7; AC:27/17t/25ff; Hp's 221/221(269/269 raging); DR 6/-; Fort:+15(Rage: +19)/Ref:+7/Will:+9(Rage: +12); Perc:+19; CMB +18/ CMD:37(41 vs. Bull Rush/Trip)

Morgrym thinks on it a moment before finally responding through narrowed eyes. "Yeah I got a wish. I wish you damned demons would get out of my head. You lot have haunted me longer than I care for. The way I see it, the only way ta put that to an end, is ta put you lot to an end ... one <bleep> demon at a time," he states bluntly, gripping his hammer just a bit tighter as he fully expects this conversation to come to an end fairly quickly.


Instead of taking offense at you Morgrym Jerribeth laughs aloud with true merriment. Why that is exactly what I am proposing Morgrym. You take out the worm that walks, your 1 enemy at a time philosophy. I am just proposing that you take care of him first. You agree to that and leave me be then I will answer a question from each of you about him. Quite simple really. And as a bonus one of you will get a wish granted as well. Quite generous of me I would say.


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 6/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18

Sorry guys... Zeriax really can't make a deal like this. The player would like to, but the LG Monk cannot :P

The map may need updating Variel.

"The only deal which could be struck here would be one where you answer our questions, so we let you live and be gone from our plane of existence" - the monk offers - "Otherwise be prepared for the combat of your life"


map updated

init:

Nasira 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Zeriax 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Zeriax 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Morgrym 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Sir Garith 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Snow 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Arueshalae 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Jerribeth 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 and -16

As diplomacy falls aside everyone knows that a fight is coming. Zeriax gets the jump on the demon and is able to act before everyone else!


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 6/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18

Variel, for future reference, Zeriax's initiative is +13 :P

Using Perfect Shot.

My Weapon is Legendary - not sure what that does vs. DR? Assuming this thing has DR :P

And by the way:

Knowledge (Planes) - what does Zeriax know about Glabrezu?: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Without a second thought, Zeriax unleashes on the creature - "You shall perish"

Whisperwind 1: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25 < This
Whisperwind 1: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 21 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 21 + 3 = 29

Whisperwind 2: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 21 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 21 + 3 = 26

Whisperwind 3: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 21 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 21 + 3 = 28

Then activating his mythical powers of preternatural speed, he shifts his position, and attacks again - "Spread out quickly friends"

Spending 1MP for Fleet charge - Bypasses all Damage Reduction.

Whisperwind again: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 21 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 21 + 3 = 31


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:

Snow readied to counterspell right at the start of this encounter - just wanted to remind the GM of this! :)


Zeriax you are unaware of what a glabrezu has for attributes but are pretty sure that it has at least the normal demon elemental resistances, SR, and damage reduction

True but when it comes to init then we go by init. If you would have beat Jerribeth then it would have been ok. One of the quirks of the rules is that some of those types of actions can only be taken during combat. Otherwise you could say I ready to charge the enemy and have the worst init possible and still act before them.

Zeriax quickly fires a bunch of arrows at the demon in woman's form. Yet this woman was more than capable of defender herself as only the second shot hit. Even then some of that damage was reduced by it demon and epic resistances. Taking the opportunity though Zeriax fired once more pulling power from within. This shot landed true and bypassed the resistances she had.

42 damage total

Jerribeth quickly turns to her true demon form as the bed and her clothing rip to shreds. Standing before you is now a truly terrifying demon. Suddenly a spell falls upon you as you try to distinguish friend from foe.

confusion spell on the party DC 24 will save to resist

Arueshale, Nasira, Morgrym, Snow and Garith to go followed by Jerribeth at second init.


Female of course Succubus risen succubus master spy 6/trickster 3

will save 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

Arueshalae easily throws off the confusion spell as she turns her focus upon the glabrezu before them. focusing her energies she lets go with 4 arrows in rapid succession from her STarbow.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29 for 1d8 + 21 ⇒ (8) + 21 = 29
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32 for 1d8 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 for 1d8 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 for 1d8 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23

Only her 2nd arrow hit her target however and was reduced in damage as well.

53 damage total thus far


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 8/8 Channel 6d6 DC 20 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 11/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

Does the protection from evil that I cast on Morgrym apply vs confusion? Were we all within the area of the burst?

Will save DC 24: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23 Failed the save

Confused action: 1d100 ⇒ 55 Self-inflicted damage 1d8+STR

Inexplicably, the cleric looks down at her holy symbol and smashes it into her face.

Self-inflicted: 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3


Yes the protection from evil would protect Morgrym!
Morgrym , Snow and Garith up next.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 12(Invulnerable Rager)/Champion 5:
Stats:
Int: +7; AC:27/17t/25ff; Hp's 221/221(269/269 raging); DR 6/-; Fort:+15(Rage: +19)/Ref:+7/Will:+9(Rage: +12); Perc:+19; CMB +18/ CMD:37(41 vs. Bull Rush/Trip)

@Nasira: A mythic surge on that Will save for the win maybe? And thanks for the spell! That's gonna come in handy.

I moved him 10' directly forward. If the table gives the demon cover then I will go 10' more to the right and attack. That way I'd be directly in front of it.

Will: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 30

Knowing this battle was coming, Morgrym's inner fire is once again rekindled. "Time ta die, demon!" he yells as he attacks.

Rage; Move and attack
+1 Cold Iron Earth breaker(Raging w/PA): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 27 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 27 + (1) = 37

Unable to connect cleanly, the dwarf finds something deep from within and swings again at the beast.

(Swift)Sudden attack(Bypasses all DR)
+1 Cold Iron Earth breaker(Raging w/PA): 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 18 + 4 = 37 <-- Yep. Picking this one.
Damage: 2d6 + 27 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 27 + (5) = 39
+1 Cold Iron Earth breaker(Raging w/PA): 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 18 + 4 = 28
Damage: 2d6 + 27 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 27 + (2) = 37

AC 25; Hp's 194/233; Speed 60'; Rage (4/37); Resist 5: Acid/Cold; Resist 2: Fire; Attacks: Good aligned; vs. Evil Outsiders(+1d6); Mythic (4/11) used


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:

Will: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11 Confused: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Damage: 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Snow just stands there, her hands clenched so tightly that blood begins to drip from between her fingers.


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 6/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18
DM Variel wrote:
Arueshale, Nasira, Morgrym, Snow and Garith to go followed by Jerribeth at second init.

Second init? We get it also, right? Mythic and all?

Morgrym Ironfist wrote:
@Nasira: A mythic surge on that Will save for the win maybe?

This!

---

Variel, my Legendary bow does not bypass her DR? Maybe we need a 'Mythic DR brush up session', because I think we could be doing better :P


Snow you need to roll percent as well to see what happens to you. It is random what action you take each round.


The rack does not count as cover Morgrym yet as you move into the room Jerribeth lashes out with one of her claws holding a rod.

Aoo rod of the viper 1d20 + 20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 20 + 2 - 4 = 24 for 1d8 + 14 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 8 = 28 plus fort save dc 16 or poisoned taking 1d3 ⇒ 1 con damage

After taking the hit from the rod Morgrym misses the attack but lashes out again with mythic power hitting the demon and bypassing her dr.

92 damage thus far


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 8/8 Channel 6d6 DC 20 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 11/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]
Zeriax wrote:
Morgrym Ironfist wrote:
@Nasira: A mythic surge on that Will save for the win maybe?
This!

OK, if Variel allows, I will retcon the use of a Surge: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Sounds good just try and remember next time.

Sovereign Court

Angelkin Aasimar - (Status: Normal) SS 12/G 5 | HP:136/136 | AC: 32(33) | CMD: 31 | F:16/R:13/W:13 MP:12/13 (RadMP:2/2) Aura 20ft DC:19 to Teleport

Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Spend 1 MP to Fleet Charge to the north side, upper right side of the creature and 1 MP on Mythic Power attack to negate the penalties.

Fleet Shield Slam: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26
for 1d4 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

He then unleashes several attacks, aiming to push the creature back into the wall and knock it prone

Radiance: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
for Cold Iron Mythic: 1d8 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 9 = 17

Shield Slam (twf off-hand): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35 if this beats CMD, then it goes south into the wall and falls prone
for 1d4 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 6 = 14

Iterative
If it is still standing then he takes another slam attack to try to prone it doing less damage. If it is prone he attacks with the Radiance to deal more damage that bypasses mythic and Cold Iron DR and the swing has a +1 to hit
Slam: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
for
if slam 1d4 + 6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 9 = 16
if radiance then +1 to hit and cold iron/mythic: 1d8 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 9 = 21

iterative 3
Radiance: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
for 1d8 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 9 = 23

He then takes a 5' step south-east to be on the Demon's right side to set up a potential flank

If it tries to move or 5' step garith will AoO with Cage the Enemy to lock it in place.

CtE AoO:

Radiance: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31
for 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22


Male Dwarf Barbarian 12(Invulnerable Rager)/Champion 5:
Stats:
Int: +7; AC:27/17t/25ff; Hp's 221/221(269/269 raging); DR 6/-; Fort:+15(Rage: +19)/Ref:+7/Will:+9(Rage: +12); Perc:+19; CMB +18/ CMD:37(41 vs. Bull Rush/Trip)

Fort vs DC 16: 1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 19 + 2 = 25 +2 is vs poison.

AC 25; Hp's 171/233


Garith moves in with some mythic speed as he attacks Jerribeth. His attacks with Radiance miss but his 2 att1cks with his shield do hit. The first attack connects but is not enough to push the demon back nor injure it. The second likewise does not push her back but does a point of damage.

93 damage and Nasira to go since she used a surge to avoid the confusion.


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 8/8 Channel 6d6 DC 20 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 11/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

Nasira reaches for and activated her oft-forgotten wand of bless, bringing a bit of divine aid to the party.


Granted to her by her mythic heritage Jerribeth reacts again before any of the others can go twice. Taking advantage of the situation she lashes out at Garith quickly with 3 attacks from the rod, 1 bite, 1 claw and 2 pinchers!

rod of the viper 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 20 + 2 = 23 for 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22 and fort save DC 16 or 1d3 ⇒ 3 con damage
iterative 1d20 + 20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 20 + 2 - 5 = 18 for 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22 and fort save DC 16 or 1d3 ⇒ 1 con damage
iterative 1d20 + 20 + 2 - 10 ⇒ (18) + 20 + 2 - 10 = 30 for 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 and fort save DC 16 or 1d3 ⇒ 2 con damage

bite 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 20 + 2 = 33 for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
claw 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 20 + 2 = 26 for 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

pincher 1 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 20 + 2 = 33 for 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 6 = 15
pincher 2 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 20 + 2 = 27 for 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 6 = 14

it looks like 35 damage at AC 30 to Garith. Zeriax is up!

8,551 to 8,600 of 9,071 << first < prev | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Variel's WotR Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.