Variel's WotR

Game Master Neltji

From Level 1 to Level 20. Good luck heroes you might need it.

loot list

combat map


8,301 to 8,350 of 9,148 << first < prev | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | next > last >>

Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:

Snow Elf tastes funny, don't you know? Also, are we going with this explanation or the one in my back-story, I don't mind which they're just a bit different!

Stretching out her sore muscles Snow quickly rifles through her gear to locate her spellbook. Finding it unharmed she flicks through the pages, white lights dancing around her fingers as she refreshes her arcane powers.

With her preparations completed she gathers her bag and exits the room, white fire weaving itself around both hands as she prepares for the inevitable trap...


Snow:
Sorry snow. I missed stating the part that you 2 got separated after being attacked on the road. Stupid of me but thought I had posted that earlier to you in a spoiler in discussion thread or via pm. My bad. So yes


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:

DM Variel:
Cool - so we escaped Drezen together and got separated. Arushaelae got to the fort first and rang the bell, sent dream message to Snow who came to the fort and was tricked by the hag in Arue's shape. Awesome :D

Sovereign Court

Angelkin Aasimar - (Status: Normal) SS 12/G 5 | HP:136/136 | AC: 32(33) | CMD: 31 | F:16/R:13/W:13 MP:12/13 (RadMP:2/2) Aura 20ft DC:19 to Teleport

After mopping up the Grimslakes, Garith congratulates the party, and turns his attention to the task at hand.

Well met, friends. Is everyone alright, Morgrym? Good.
This being we seek calls for a follower of Desna...

none of us are Desnan, are we?

Lady, the demons are dispatched. This place is safe he communicated to the being we came for...


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:

Seeing a group of people she doesn't recognise Snow calls out cautiously. "Hail. Who are you? What are doing here?" Her common is accented, but understandable, although her hands still brim with white fire.

"Where's Arueshalae?"

I'm a Desnan ;)


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 7/8 Channel 6d6 DC 21 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 10/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

Where was Snow during the fracas? Was she the one throwing missiles into the fight?

”A friend was summoned here in a dream to aid someone. She could not come, so we have. Who are you, that you can travel the Worldwound alone? Who is Arueshelae? Who was mind-speaking us? I am Nasira Yusra Abujamal, follower of the Dawnflower, come hundreds of miles to oppose the demons that infest this region.”


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:

Feel free to read the spoiler. She was under a spell and has only just woken up. She's coming out of somewhere completely different to the tower you've been getting telepathy from.


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 8/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18
Sir Garith Mordrand wrote:

After mopping up the Grimslakes, Garith congratulates the party, and turns his attention to the task at hand.

Well met, friends. Is everyone alright, Morgrym? Good.
This being we seek calls for a follower of Desna...

"I am well, thank you friend Garith" - Zeriax nimbly approached, still staying on the walls up above, and worried about Morgrym - "Master Ironfist, your resilience is uncanny" - he adds with a smile when he realizes the dwarf is standing and healthy after that tremendous assault.

Nasira Yusra Abujamal wrote:

Where was Snow during the fracas? Was she the one throwing missiles into the fight?

”A friend was summoned here in a dream to aid someone. She could not come, so we have. Who are you, that you can travel the Worldwound alone? Who is Arueshelae? Who was mind-speaking us? I am Nasira Yusra Abujamal, follower of the Dawnflower, come hundreds of miles to oppose the demons that infest this region.”

"I am Zeriax. Well met" - the monk nods from up above - "Our question would be the same to you - who are you, and what are you doing here?" - his hands remain on the bow.


You all would see Snow exiting the building from which the hag left as well. Snow did not partake of the fight as it was Arueshalae who was firing out of the window of the tower until the demons got behind the walls and blocked her sight of them.

Speaking of the demon she responds to you all telepathically after Garith calls to her. My eternal gratitude to all of you. However, please do not come too close to the tower as I do not wish harm upon any of you. I will come out to meet you. Stay to the far reaches of the courtyard for your own good.

pic or Arueshalae

After a few moments the door to the tower opens up and a strikingly beautiful creature stands there. Clearly a succubus in form you isntatnly notice a demure quality about her. Gone is the brazen lustful nature that all succubi have. She stands there looking at you almost shy and afraid to speak now that you can all see each other. She keeps one hand on the door to slam it close as if this might be some trick to lure her out.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 12(Invulnerable Rager)/Champion 5:
Stats:
Int: +7; AC:27/17t/25ff; Hp's 221/221(269/269 raging); DR 6/-; Fort:+15(Rage: +19)/Ref:+7/Will:+9(Rage: +12); Perc:+19; CMB +18/ CMD:37(41 vs. Bull Rush/Trip)
Sir Garith Mordrand wrote:

After mopping up the Grimslakes, Garith congratulates the party, and turns his attention to the task at hand.

Well met, friends. Is everyone alright, Morgrym? Good.
This being we seek calls for a follower of Desna...

Finally free of the hag's clutches, Morgrym can only shake his head as he stares at the fallen creature. "Stupid hag. You picked the wrong lot." He then turns his attention to Garith as he returns to the others. "Yeah, I'm good," he responds with obvious irritation.

Zeriax wrote:
"I am well, thank you friend Garith" - Zeriax nimbly approached, still staying on the walls up above, and worried about Morgrym - "Master Ironfist, your resilience is uncanny" - he adds with a smile when he realizes the dwarf is standing and healthy after that tremendous assault.

Grinning somewhat wryly, "I guess it's a good thing to. And nice shootin' there, lad. I owe ya one."

Snow. wrote:

Seeing a group of people she doesn't recognise Snow calls out cautiously. "Hail. Who are you? What are doing here?" Her common is accented, but understandable, although her hands still brim with white fire.

"Where's Arueshalae?"

He then looks upon the newcomers through narrowed eyes, the succubus more so than the elf. Turning back to the elf, "Well, lass, I'm guessin' she's right there," he motions to the demon. "That is who yer lookin' for, correct?"

Before she can answer, though, Morgrym turns back to the winged demon and says, "Wait a minute... did you just say: 'My eternal gratitude ta all of ya'? Because that's what I heard. Did you lot hear that? Because I sure did... I sure did." The dwarf then stares at the succubus a moment and finds himself unable to feel any form of animosity towards her. No hate. No rage. Nothing. "Hm. She may look like a demon but she ain't no demon. No way. No way," he says with absolute confidence, shaking his head.
"You can come on out, lass, we ain't gonna hurt ya," he tells the succubus. "By Torag's hammer ya have me word on that," he says, sheathing his weapons as he finds a wall to lean against. He then remembers the elf, "Oh! You either, elven lass. My guess is, if you'd wanted ta kill us, you'd have already tried. So in my book, I've got no worries," he says, shrugging. "By the way, name's Morgrym. And what the lass said," he motions to Nasira, "about why we're here is spot on."


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 7/8 Channel 6d6 DC 21 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 10/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

Status question: Where is everyone’s health? Top 25%, above 50%, below 50%? I don’t think the spell would give me anything so mechanical as hit points.

”Well met, Lady Arueshalae. If any of you are wounded, gather ‘round and I will thank the Dawnflower for her aid and ask for succor for our wounds.”

If only one is wounded, I will use a spell, but I will channel to heal instead if there’s more than one hurt, using the overflow for any still wounded. I will make sure I stand beside the most wounded two so I can use my abundant healing path ability.


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:
Morgrym Ironfist wrote:
Snow. wrote:

Seeing a group of people she doesn't recognise Snow calls out cautiously. "Hail. Who are you? What are doing here?" Her common is accented, but understandable, although her hands still brim with white fire.

"Where's Arueshalae?"

He then looks upon the newcomers through narrowed eyes, the succubus more so than the elf. Turning back to the elf, "Well, lass, I'm guessin' she's right there," he motions to the demon. "That is who yer lookin' for, correct?"

Snow doesn't answer the question, instead rushing across the courtyard, avoiding the various demonic bodies and letting her fires dissipate. She throws herself into Arueshalae's arms and wraps the succubus in a hug.

"Thank Desna you're safe. I was so worried when I lost you on the way here, and then the hag. But you're safe, that's what matters!"

Snow avoids kissing her since she knows what that means... precautions should be taken first.


Female of course Succubus risen succubus master spy 6/trickster 3

Will pause to let others respond to how Snow reacts and give first takes of Arueshalae.


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 7/8 Channel 6d6 DC 21 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 10/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

”I would say that’s who she was looking for...”

She gathers the wounded to her side and prays for Sarenrae’s blessings on the heroes.

Channel Energy (pre-level up): 5d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 4, 5, 5) = 21

So 21 points healed to everyone. If that puts anyone over their max, she will direct that overflow to Morgrym, then any more to the next one still wounded, etc. I won’t do the cheesy tactic of cutting my hand to make myself minimally wounded to gain more to overflow. I don’t think an unwounded ally counts as being over their max after the channel.

Sovereign Court

Angelkin Aasimar - (Status: Normal) SS 12/G 5 | HP:136/136 | AC: 32(33) | CMD: 31 | F:16/R:13/W:13 MP:12/13 (RadMP:2/2) Aura 20ft DC:19 to Teleport

Garith heals 3 points

Garith takes a moment's pause considering the . . .succubus, if she really still is one, considering. We have come to find you after on3 of our commanders' vision indicated time was short, and your need was dire. It is good we did so. We perhaps should take a quick search of the area and make haste away from this place, as there is always a chance that there are more demons.
I am Garith, I take it you are Arueshalae, and you, miss?
he asks, extending a hand by way of greeting.


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:

Snow peels herself away from Arueshalae and takes the paladin's hand gently. "My name is Snow. I'm not from this planet. I was captured by the demons, Arueshalae and I escaped together."

She looks him up and down, in a considering fashion. "Aasimar, and fighting the demons. Are you part of these 'crusaders' I keep hearing about?"


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 7/8 Channel 6d6 DC 21 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 10/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

So Garith and Morgrym are at max hit points and I have 11 more points of healing to apply should anyone need them. Plus the original 21 from the channeling.

Sovereign Court

Angelkin Aasimar - (Status: Normal) SS 12/G 5 | HP:136/136 | AC: 32(33) | CMD: 31 | F:16/R:13/W:13 MP:12/13 (RadMP:2/2) Aura 20ft DC:19 to Teleport

Brow furrowing, Garith mutters, from...this planet? Hem, yes, we are crusaders. We are based in the city of Dresen, which we have recently liberated, although that may not mean much to you, not being a local, he says with a smile. what do you know of this conflict, Snow, so we don't waste your time telling you what you already know?
.
Arueshalae, so you have any further information of demonic movements?


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:

"There's a lot of demon pouring out of this 'World-wound' and if it's not stopped there will be a new demon lord of the highest power." Snow says simply, retreating the stand next to Arueshalae.

She glances at Arueshalae before continuing. "We're both willing to help you if you'd like us to."


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 8/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18
Nasira Yusra Abujamal wrote:
So Garith and Morgrym are at max hit points and I have 11 more points of healing to apply should anyone need them. Plus the original 21 from the channeling.

Zeriax is down 13hp ;)

"All help if offered with a true heart is welcome to us" - Zeriax nods from on up above - "Why would you join us?"


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:

"I hunt demons, across the planes." Snow answers, matter-of-factly. "They threaten my world too. All worlds really. I fight them where I can. Each demon returned to the abyss is one less to threaten Triaxus. Besides, you slew powerful demons." She gestures to the carnage around them.

"Grimslakes and Bebeliths are no mean foes. Which means you are powerful heroes of good. The Song of Spheres has crossed our paths for a reason, just as she did with Rue and I." She snuggles slightly into the taller woman's side.

If there was a demon around she could show you just what she can do! :)


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 7/8 Channel 6d6 DC 21 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 10/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]
Zeriax wrote:
Zeriax is down 13hp ;)

Not anymore! :D Zeriax tops off and we have an extra 19 points of healing. Any takers?


Male Dwarf Barbarian 12(Invulnerable Rager)/Champion 5:
Stats:
Int: +7; AC:27/17t/25ff; Hp's 221/221(269/269 raging); DR 6/-; Fort:+15(Rage: +19)/Ref:+7/Will:+9(Rage: +12); Perc:+19; CMB +18/ CMD:37(41 vs. Bull Rush/Trip)

Actually Morgrym is down 8 now. Can he use 8 of the 19? Because that'd be cool. :)

"Wait a minute!" Morgrym says, raising a hand. "Did you just say 'not from this planet'? Are ya kiddin' us? Because it's not every day I meet folk who are 'not of this planet'. Ta be honest, I didn't even know there were more planets out there. Ta be doubly honest, I'm not so sure I've ever thought about it or even cared. But now ya got me curious as ta which planet ya are from, lass."


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 7/8 Channel 6d6 DC 21 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 10/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

Math check: Garith heals 3, leaving 18 from his share of the channel. Morgrym heals 21 + Garith's remaining 18 for a total of 39. He needs 28, so there's 11 left over. Zeriax heals 21 + Morgrym's remaining 11 for a total of 32, but only needs 13, so there's 19 points of healing left over for anyone else. After completely healing Garith, Morgrym, and Zeriax' wounds.

I already had you covered. Morgrym's good to go.

Sovereign Court

Angelkin Aasimar - (Status: Normal) SS 12/G 5 | HP:136/136 | AC: 32(33) | CMD: 31 | F:16/R:13/W:13 MP:12/13 (RadMP:2/2) Aura 20ft DC:19 to Teleport

Ah, planar travel. Garith notes, not being used to the idea of other planets that would have elves. Other Planesseems more...normal. page goal is to beat the demons back into the abyss. To that end, what skill set do you bring, with which you have fought demons across the planes? I want to know where you can do the most good, and adapt our strategy to best use your talents


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:

"I'm from Triaxus." Snow replies to Morgrym, tilting her head sideways. "Of course there are other planets, did you really think Golarion was alone in the universe? What about all the stars?" She seems genuinely confused by Morgrym's opinions, or lack thereof.

Sir Garith Mordrand wrote:
Ah, planar travel. Garith notes, not being used to the idea of other planets that would have elves. Other Planes seems more...normal. page goal is to beat the demons back into the abyss. To that end, what skill set do you bring, with which you have fought demons across the planes? I want to know where you can do the most good, and adapt our strategy to best use your talents

"I'm a spellcaster." She replies. "I specialise in demon fighting and countermagic mostly. There's not much any spellcaster can do that I can't undo if I'm watching for it." She smiles, revealing neat, pointed teeth. "I have a few other tricks, specifically aimed at demons." The hand not wrapped around Arueshalae's waist lights up with a white fire and the succubus' flinch is obvious.

"I'm not going to do it while Rue's here, but trust me. Demon's don't like it when I use this." She smiles. "I've also travelled a lot, so I've seen plenty of strange and wonderful things... oh, and I'm very good at Chess."


Male Dwarf Barbarian 12(Invulnerable Rager)/Champion 5:
Stats:
Int: +7; AC:27/17t/25ff; Hp's 221/221(269/269 raging); DR 6/-; Fort:+15(Rage: +19)/Ref:+7/Will:+9(Rage: +12); Perc:+19; CMB +18/ CMD:37(41 vs. Bull Rush/Trip)

@Nasira: Gotcha. Totally missed that first shared channel. Thanks!

Snow. wrote:
"I'm from Triaxus." Snow replies to Morgrym, tilting her head sideways. "Of course there are other planets, did you really think Golarion was alone in the universe? What about all the stars?" She seems genuinely confused by Morgrym's opinions, or lack thereof.

The dwarf shrugs, "Didn't really give them much attention either. Triaxus huh? Well that just goes ta show it doesn't really pay ta ask questions. Can't say I've ever heard of it, but, that's okay. Seein' how yer not here ta kill us, it doesn't matter where yer from, lass," he says, giving a nod.


When Snow runs towards Arueshalae the succubus accepts the embrace but then extricates herself quickly. Thank you Snow for the warm embrace, but remember that I must hold myself in check at all times lest I fall into the temptations of my past. I struggle mightily everyday with temptations of the flesh which you well know.

Turning to the others she goes on to explain what she means. I was once a succubus devoted to pursuits of lust and my demonic superiors. I care not a whim about anything other than sating my lust. It was for that reason that I searched out Golarion and the Worldwound. It was an easy transition to make it here as the boundary between the worlds is thin. Once here I relished the ability to sow discord and tempt men and women alike.

One day I was fortunate to capture a priestess of Desna. I brought her back to my lair and toyed with her. I kept her on the cusp of death prolonging the agony while slowly sucking her dry of her vitality. When I knew she could hold out no longer I allowed her to sleep 1 last time before I would kill her in the morning. That night I stole into her dreams using my spell like abilities. There the most miraculous thing happened. The woman died and I was trapped in her dream.

She pauses and looks at you all intently to clarify her point. Demons do not dream. It is something they are incapable of. Yet here I was caught in a dream with no way out. I followed the dream as it brought me here and there until I heard a disembodied voice whisper in my ear. It said 'Even demons can dream if I choose it.' The voice was Desna herself speaking to me. I woke with a start and stared in horror at the dead body before me. I knew I could never undo the things I had done and that I should have bee permanently destroyed by Desna for the tenacity of killing one of her followers. I turned from my way of life and devoted myself to the Speaker of Dreams.

I hid my conversion as best as I could from all those around me. I listened and learned what was going on and vowed that I would find someway to try and undo the wrongs I committed. Yet when I spied a wayward child about to be murdered I had to save him. That action though cost me as the demons around me learned who I truly was at that moment. I was captured and held in Drezen until recently when I escaped thanks to Desna and fled here.


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 7/8 Channel 6d6 DC 21 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 10/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

"We heard tales of your existence when we were fighting to retake Drezen, but were unable to locate you and thought the tale perhaps a fable meant to mislead us. However, I'm glad to see that a being of your power strives to support the forces of Good. You know better than we do the power of the forces we face."

"Drezen is held by the Crusade where a call to assist you was heard by a paladin of Iomedae. We have had some success in defeating some of the regional horrors around the city and she asked us to investigate. As you can see, I am a follower of the Dawnflower, so we represent three Ladies of Good among us. May they continue to give us strength so that we might persevere."

"Now that you are apparently free of your captors, what do you plan to do next?"

Sovereign Court

Angelkin Aasimar - (Status: Normal) SS 12/G 5 | HP:136/136 | AC: 32(33) | CMD: 31 | F:16/R:13/W:13 MP:12/13 (RadMP:2/2) Aura 20ft DC:19 to Teleport

At the mention of "The Three Ladies" Garith smiles, Heh, never thought of them as a Triumvirate, then he goes solemn, I do not know if it is undoing so much, as I know of naught that can change the past... But making up for and preventing further wrongs that liken to your sins, our cadre is working to beat back the demonic hoards of the Worldwound. In this you will find penance and redemption.

I'd like to detect evil, to be able to comment on her aura with confidence and reassure her that she's on the path.


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 8/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18

Zeriax sits cross legged on his perch - as he listens to the conversation, he also keeps watch.

Sense Motive Arueshalae: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23


Female of course Succubus risen succubus master spy 6/trickster 3

Garith she does NOT detect as evil.

Zeriax you get the sense that she is trying to be as forth coming and truthful as she can be. Her previous existence was filled with so many lies and deceit that it comes as second nature to her. Yet she is striving to suppress those habits and not exaggerate anything in her telling.

Nasira wrote:

As you can see, I am a follower of the Dawnflower, so we represent three Ladies of Good among us. May they continue to give us strength so that we might persevere."

Arueshalae nods her head at your wise words. I can only hope that the 3 of them continue to look down upon us favorably and judge us according to our deeds now and not those of the past.

Nasira wrote:
"Now that you are apparently free of your captors, what do you plan to do next?"

[b]I agree completely with you. That is why I must continue to find out what I can about the Nahyndrian Crystals and the elixir that it can produce. You see while captive I overheard my captors talking about a location to the northwest of here that is being controlled by a powerful alchemist. Apparently this alchemist has found a way to take these Nahyndrian Crystals and transform them in such a way as to instill great power in those that take them. Through the use of this elixir they plan on creating an army of super demons capable of ending the war and extending the Worldwound to all of Golarion.

Garith wrote:
"But making up for and preventing further wrongs that liken to your sins, our cadre is working to beat back the demonic hoards of the Worldwound. In this you will find penance and redemption."

If I can stop the alchemist then I feel like I will have don't something worthwhile to offset some of the atrocities I have performed in the past. Somehow I know that if I do enough good deeds and serve my penance then I will fully break free of my demonic heritage and be welcomed into Desna's fold.

Yet I fear what the response will be of those that see me. their first reaction will be fear, anger, and violence. I can not go to Drezen as I will not be accepted there.


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:
Arueshalae wrote:
Yet I fear what the response will be of those that see me.

"I might not be welcome either." Snow chimes in. "Some people don't like elves, especially not elves from other planets."


Male Dwarf Barbarian 12(Invulnerable Rager)/Champion 5:
Stats:
Int: +7; AC:27/17t/25ff; Hp's 221/221(269/269 raging); DR 6/-; Fort:+15(Rage: +19)/Ref:+7/Will:+9(Rage: +12); Perc:+19; CMB +18/ CMD:37(41 vs. Bull Rush/Trip)

Shaking his head as he leans against a wall with his arms crossed, "Great. 'Super' demons. Like the regular ones weren't bad enough. So we need ta stop this alchemist and his... what did ya call 'em? Dilithium crystals or some such? ;) Sorry, couldn't resist. Doesn't matter. So we find this alchemist, kill 'im, and destroy these crystals. Sounds like we've got ourselves a next plan ta me."


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 7/8 Channel 6d6 DC 21 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 10/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

”Our group includes some unusual individuals, as you can see. We have proven ourselves to be of value to the Crusade and so are accepted if not truly appreciated. In time, I am confident you will be judged according to who you are and not what you were.”

Looking at the other members of the party, she adds, ”As Morgrym has so eloquently indicated, you do not need to pursue this alchemist alone. Your fight is our fight and I feel confident in saying we are all willing to stand with you. Do you know more of this individual?”


Female of course Succubus risen succubus master spy 6/trickster 3

Arueshalae smiles warmly upon all your kind words and you can see the true beauty that she possesses. Gladly will I take your help in going after this alchemist. However I warn you that I do not know what this alchemist looks like or even if he is a true alchemist. They talked like he was one since he was dealing with the elixirs but that could have been just a superlative. The one thing I do know though is his name: Xanthir Vang.


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 8/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18

"We have heard this name before. Twice" - Zeriax breaks his silence - "We were told he is some sort of horrific monster made of worms, and that he leads the Blackflame Adepts in the region, and also the Ivory Sanctum Fortress - home and stronghold to the Ivory Templars" - the monk recounts.

"It would seem we should look for this stronghold - our opponent may well be therein" - he suggests.


Female of course Succubus risen succubus master spy 6/trickster 3

I do not know exactly what you mean by a creature made of worms unless it is some sort of spell cast upon him. However I do know where this Ivory Sactum is...or at least close enough to find it. While captive I heard made mention of a place 96 miles to the west of Drezen. We should start there and look for anything that could result in a hidden fortress.

She pauses and looks at you all. We can start now unless you wish to return to Drezen. If so I will remain here till you speak with the rest of the crusaders and tell them about me.


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 8/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18

"The reference to 'The Worm' or 'The Worm that Walks' keeps coming up in every one of our endeavors against the demons" - Zeriax nods - "I believe this to be an important, if not one of the more important foes we have yet to face" - he adds to Arueshalae.

Zeriax explains what they know about this one:

After extensive research in the tombs that Pakak just recently acquired for his libraries by all of the party over a couple of days a few oblique references were found. Piecing together the references Pakak is finally able to paint a grisly picture with some harrowing details.

When a powerful spellcaster with a strong personality, a lust for life, and a remorselessly evil soul dies and is buried in a graveyard infused with eldritch magic, a strange phenomenon sometimes occurs. The flesh of the decaying body fats infests the very worms that gnaw in the ground, and these graveworms quicken not only on corruption but upon the spellcaster’s memories and magical power. The spellcaster’s very soul is consumed in this vile process, only to be split apart to inhabit each of the individual chewing worms in so many fragments. The result is a hideous hive mind of slithering life known as a worm that walks—a mass of worms that clings to the vague shape of the body that granted it this new existence, and can wield the powers and magic the spellcaster had in life. A worm that walks retains memories of its life as a spellcaster before its death, but is not undead—it is a hideous new form of undulant life.

A worm that walks has no discernible anatomy, and is not subject to critical hits or flanking. Reducing a worm that walks to 0 hit points causes it to discorporate (see below)—a worm that walks at 0 hit points is staggered, and one at negative hit points is dying. Worms that walk are immune to any physical spell or effect that targets a specific number of creatures (including single-target spells such as disintegrate), with the exception of such spells and effects generated by the worm that walks itself, which treat the worm that walks as one single creature if it so chooses. Mind-affecting effects that target single creatures function normally against a worm that walks, since the creature’s individual components share a hive mind.

Worms that walk are immune to disease, paralysis, poison, and sleep effects.

A worm that walks can collapse into a shapeless swarm of worms as a free action. All held, worn, and carried items fall and its Strength score drops to 1. The worm that walks functions as a true swarm while discorporated, with a reach of 0 feet (its space remains unchanged). While discorporated, the worm that walks loses all of its defensive abilities and gains all of the standard swarm traits. It loses its slam attacks and all special abilities and special attacks, but can make a swarm attack that deals damage equal to its engulf attack. A worm that walks can reform into its true form (including equipping all gear in reach) as a full-round action as long as it has at least 1 hit point.


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:

"I have heard of these creatures." Snow says, wrinkling her small nose in distaste. "Most unpleasant things. If one of those is in charge I must come with you - he will be a spellcaster of power without a doubt."


all good just wasn’t sure if you needed to head back to resupply in Drezen or head straight there...


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 7/8 Channel 6d6 DC 21 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 10/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

Other than just realizing my character sheet is still not completely leveled up, I’m good with the direct approach. I still have a lot of resources left for the day.


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:

Take today within the bell's protection and then go tomorrow for maximum splatting? :D


It will take a week of traveling to get there so you will be all ready to splat.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 12(Invulnerable Rager)/Champion 5:
Stats:
Int: +7; AC:27/17t/25ff; Hp's 221/221(269/269 raging); DR 6/-; Fort:+15(Rage: +19)/Ref:+7/Will:+9(Rage: +12); Perc:+19; CMB +18/ CMD:37(41 vs. Bull Rush/Trip)

As long as we can achieve max splat then I'm good. 'Maximum splat'. That's a good one. :)

Sovereign Court

Angelkin Aasimar - (Status: Normal) SS 12/G 5 | HP:136/136 | AC: 32(33) | CMD: 31 | F:16/R:13/W:13 MP:12/13 (RadMP:2/2) Aura 20ft DC:19 to Teleport

Garith is good to go.
.
What level are we supposed to be at?


Female of course Succubus risen succubus master spy 6/trickster 3

tier 4 Garith

After meeting with Arueshalae the party learns quickly that for there to be relative peace in the area a strike against the group known as the Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth is in order. Thankfully Arueshalae has heard about the location of the hideout and knows its relative location. The problem is that the exact entrance is hidden by an illusory wall. So while I can point us in the right direction it might still take us some time to fine the right gorge in the hills and then find the correct area to search for the hidden opening.

Without any further knowledge though to go off of the group makes preparations for a prolonged search in the inhospitable wilderness of the Marchlands.

1d20 ⇒ 4

Luck, or providence, is with them however as after only 4 days of searching the hills Arueshalae seems positive that you have reached the correct gorge.

The walls of this rocky gorge rise up in nearly vertical cliffs of jagged stone to either side, joining in a sheer cliff to the north. Mounds of rubble-much of which appears to be fragments of statues of crusaders and demons- lie in heaps near the gorge's end.

I am sure this is it. Now just keep your eyes open for any sort of trap, ambush or the secret wall and pray that Desna guides us.


editable map of the gorge

Moving into the gorge properly the sharp sighted among you (Zeriax and Arueshalae) notice some movement amongst the rubble. It seems that squat reptilian monsters have made a home of the north end of the gorge. Currently you don't think you have been spotted yet but moving any closer by the heavier armor wearers will alert them to your presence.

know arcane DC 15:

These are basilisks. Medium magical beasts that are slow in response (-1 init) but are quick to perceive any danger (+10 perception) in low light or darkness.

Every 5 above you get to ask more info about them.


Female CG Humanoid (Elf) |HP: 82/82 | AC: 21 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F:+5, R:+6, W:+8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, Splcrft: +27, Knw A, R +25, Knw P +29, Knw (Other) +20. | Speed 30ft | | Lvl 1: 7/7, Lvl 2: 7/7, Lvl 3: 6/6, Lvl 4: 6/6, Lvl 5: 4/4 | Reservoir: 11/14, Channel 13/13 (6d6), MP: 13/13, Surge +d8 Active conditions:

Knw Arc: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (19) + 23 = 42 How about you just tell me everything including their mother's maiden names and what kind of crochet they can knit best? :)

"Basilisks!" Snow whispers, her odd accents making a mess of the sibilence. "Slow, but perceptive. It will be hard for us to approach much further." More info come.

Feel free to roll Knw checks for me Variel, Snow has every possible knowledge at a minimum of +18 so we could save time that way :)


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 8/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18

"If they are slow, we should engage them from afar" - Zeriax nods.

8,301 to 8,350 of 9,148 << first < prev | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Variel's WotR Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.