Vale of Zuria

Game Master Feth

The fanciest of pants


1 to 50 of 58 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

PFS 5-08 Battle Map

After days of travel you've spotted the small village of Chayton. Little more than a scattering of houses surrounding an inn, the village is further dwarfed by the massive Dessa mountains that rise behind it. As you guide your horse down the path to Chayton you reflect on the circumstances that brought you here.

You are a devoted cleric of Palnor. God of light, healing and the sun. Bringer of Light, the Argent Defender. You belong to the part of the church that personifies Palnor's protection. You've spent the past few years traveling between villages, righting wrongs and protecting the innocent from all manner of evil. This new assignment though, this is different.

It's common knowledge that the Dessa mountains were home to an elven civilization long ago. Facts and mythology about that time have blended together until it's nearly impossible to tell one from the other. The one thing everyone can agree on is that they tainted the mountains. Hordes of undead made them impassible for centuries. That is, until the Church of Palnor stepped in.

The Church lead crusades to wipe out the undead for years. Eventually they pushed far enough in to discover the source of the undead; A portal into the abyss. In response the members of the church harnessed their divine powers together and created the White Crystal, a massive magical crystal of pure Good energy. The power of the White Crystal cleansed the mountains of all the undead. With peace finally coming to the mountains the church built a shrine for the White Crystal and set up camp.

Settlers rushed in and the town around the church grew overnight. This settlement, Zuria, is both the holiest site of your religion and the subject of your new assignment.

Zuria has gone silent. It's been months since Father Nicols, the head of the Church in Zuria, filed any reports. Messengers have been sent with no response. Travelers and supply trains head into the mountains and never return. Then of course there's added problem of the buffer zone. Due to its massive size and magical nature, the White Crystal disrupts the normal functioning of certain spells, especially spells that transport objects, people, and information. The buffer zone extends for five miles around the crystal, effectively cutting Zuria off from any magical communication. The Church has no option but to send someone to investigate. And that someone is you.

The Church stocked you up on magical supplies before you left. On top of that they've contracted an adventurer to help you out. You've never met this woman before but the High Priest said she could be trusted. She's waiting for you at the Chayton Inn.

Dusk is just falling as you ride into town. It's easy to spot the Inn; it's the only building higher than one story. You hand your weary horse over to a stable boy and head inside. The innkeeper greats you warmly; the Church protects this area and they're clearly happy to see a servant of Planor. The tavern area is full of of farmers and other commoners. One person stands out, a grey skinned woman wearing a violent explosion of color in the form of clothes. As the High Priest said, she's easy to spot. She waves at you, a welcoming grin on her face.


Spells:
Nightblade: 1[4/6] 2[3/3] Summoner 1[6/6] 2[3/3]
Nightblade/Summoner 5 | HP 36/40 | AC +18 T +14 FF +14 +5 resist cold/electricity | CMB +3 CMD +17 | Fort +3 Ref +8 Will +5 | Perception +9 (Familiar Perception +15) Init +5

Inara waves you over. She's sitting at a small table filled with food.


Elyn sits at the table. "Greetings. I understand you are to be my guide on this journey. Tell me, how do the citizens of Zuria fare in the shadow of the mountains? Is there any evidence that the danger spreads beyond the mountains themselves?"


Spells:
Nightblade: 1[4/6] 2[3/3] Summoner 1[6/6] 2[3/3]
Nightblade/Summoner 5 | HP 36/40 | AC +18 T +14 FF +14 +5 resist cold/electricity | CMB +3 CMD +17 | Fort +3 Ref +8 Will +5 | Perception +9 (Familiar Perception +15) Init +5

Inara pushes a plate of food in front of you. "Straight to the point mmm? Ok. I've been asking around town and they say it's been about a month since they've seen traders or caravans come down from the mountains, longer since they've got word from Zuria. A couple people here have family living there, they say all the letters sounded normal before they just stopped showing up." The small masked face of a raccoon pokes over Inara's side of the table. She hands the creature some cheese and it ducks back down. "I talked to a trapper that set lines about two days up the mountain and he didn't see anything strange. Of course Zuria's a good four days beyond that, but at least whatever's up there hasn't spread"


Elyn regards the racoon cooly. No obvious expression is evident but for an almost imperceptible momentary narrowing of the eyes. She is not fond of large rodents, but will say nothing of it. "Are there theories about what the cause is? Some of the initiates at the clergy are spreading whispers that the undead have returned. Foolish of them, of course to draw conclusions based on no information. What is your name, incidentally? Forgive me, I don't do well with pleasantries..." she casts her eyes down for a moment, almost embarrassed before adding, "or people."


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

GM rolls:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

KNOWLEDGE DUMP aka stuff that you know!

You know that Inara is a Fetchling, a race of humanoids native to the Shadow Plane. Fetchlings have a special connection to their home plane and many of them use this connection to fuel their magics. Inara is one of these, a special type of Summoner known as a Shadow Caller. You know Summoners are mages skilled in the art of summoning creatures from other planes. Summoners have a special connection to one specific creature known as their Eidolon. This powerful creature is deeply bonded to their Summoner who chooses what form the Eidolon will take. Inara's Eidolon will invariably be something from the Shadow Plane.


Spells:
Nightblade: 1[4/6] 2[3/3] Summoner 1[6/6] 2[3/3]
Nightblade/Summoner 5 | HP 36/40 | AC +18 T +14 FF +14 +5 resist cold/electricity | CMB +3 CMD +17 | Fort +3 Ref +8 Will +5 | Perception +9 (Familiar Perception +15) Init +5

"My name is Inara, it's nice to meet you Elyn." Inara smiles kindly at Elyn. "Don't worry, I can handle the social skills part of this. I like talking to people. Oh! This is Frost." She reaches down and picks up the raccoon. The creature ignores everything but the cheese it's eating. Inara pats the creature fondly. "This is Frost. She's really very sweet, plus she's quite the watch raccoon. I'll introduce you to my eidolon, Ar'okh, after dinner. Strangely enough the innkeeper doesn't like magical creatures in the tavern." Inara chuckles. She gives Frost another scratch before putting her down.

"Ok, back to business. I've heard all kinds of crazy rumors. The undead is the most popular one but I've also heard plague, the elves have returned to claim their kingdom, clerics from evil gods have sabotaged the temple, abyssal creatures have invaded and that it's been taken over by bandits. I've no idea which ones are solid leads and which are just fantasy. We'll have to be prepared for anything"


"Very well. We should set out at first light to discover what is actually going on." Elyn stands. "I must retire, it has been a long ride. Should I rent us rooms or have you done so already?"


Spells:
Nightblade: 1[4/6] 2[3/3] Summoner 1[6/6] 2[3/3]
Nightblade/Summoner 5 | HP 36/40 | AC +18 T +14 FF +14 +5 resist cold/electricity | CMB +3 CMD +17 | Fort +3 Ref +8 Will +5 | Perception +9 (Familiar Perception +15) Init +5

"I've already got a pair. Here" Inara slides a key across the table. "Upstairs, second door on the left. I'll see you in the morning!"


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

The two of you set out as dawn breaks across the sky. As soon as you're out of town Inara summons her eidolon. The horses are less than thrilled with the giant lizard but Inara calms them down and you all set off. Keeping up a steady pace it will take you six days to reach Zuria.

The first few days pass by easily. After the first day you stop meeting people on the road; nobody trusts the mountains anymore. Aside from the local wildlife the mountains are empty except for your party. Inara chatters steadily, telling you stories of her adventures and asking questions about your job.

It's now the evening of the fourth day since you left the inn. You and Inara have set up camp next to the road. The summoner sits in front of her tent throwing dry wood onto a campfire. You're getting ready to make supper when Frost comes streaking out of the darkness. The raccoon leaps onto Inara's lap and makes distressed chittering noises. Something's clearly upset the creature...

Roll me a perception check!

GM Rolls:

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
1d6 ⇒ 4
1d6 ⇒ 4
1d3 ⇒ 2
1d3 ⇒ 1
1d100 ⇒ 74
1d6 ⇒ 5


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

While Inara fusses over the raccoon you stare out into the darkness. Years of being in dangerous situations have taught you to be on your guard. You catch sight of something big moving in the night and spring to your feet with a shout. Inara and her eidolon follow your lead as the creature lumbers into the firelight.

Upon first impression it looks like an enormous human with broad, thick shoulders and two solid, tree-trunk arms stretching down to almost drag on the ground. At further glance, its skin is a sickly, greenish hue and its eyes are pools of inky blackness. Its face is long and angular, with a solid, pointy chin and a crooked, hawkish nose, and its hair looks more like a mat of forest weeds and rests tangled and greasy on its heavy brow. There is an air of unsettled violence about it—its hands end in razor-sharp claws and its body seems taut and agile despite its size.

As you all stare at each other four more of these creatures step out of the shadows.

Combat Order:

T1 21
T2 19
T3 16
Elyn 13
Inara 11
Arokh 8
T4 7
T5 4

Frost disappears into the trees as the creatures lunge to attack. The first creature claws at you but its talons deflect off your armor. Arokh dodges a bite from a beast only to get caught in the creature's claws. The eidolon shrieks in protest as the beast gouges out slashes in his hide. Another monster attacks you, biting and clawing at you, but it can't pierce your armor.

It's your turn

GM Rolls:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d3 ⇒ 1
1d3 ⇒ 3
1d3 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


I use flame strike. Have I gotten a hold of my morning star yet?


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

You draw your morningstar and prepare to cast a spell.

Con Check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Unfortunately one of the beasts roars in your face as you recite the words of the spell. Your concentration slips and the spell fizzles out.

You get a move action and a standard action during your turn along with free/swift actions and a 5 foot step. Drawing your morningstar is a move action. Casting the spell is a standard action.

This website is a good reference for everything HERE


Spells:
Nightblade: 1[4/6] 2[3/3] Summoner 1[6/6] 2[3/3]
Nightblade/Summoner 5 | HP 36/40 | AC +18 T +14 FF +14 +5 resist cold/electricity | CMB +3 CMD +17 | Fort +3 Ref +8 Will +5 | Perception +9 (Familiar Perception +15) Init +5

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

"Trolls! Inara shouts. "We have to hurt them with fire or acid otherwise they'll keep regenerating!"

Inara barks a command and waves her hand. A blazing wall of shimmering violet fire springs into existence and encircles the two trolls still by the tree line. The trolls howl as the flames lick at them.

Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

Con Check: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35


Arock hisses at the troll in front of him. The eidolon's figure becomes indistinct, seeming to blend into the shadows. He powerfully swings his sword at the troll right before he strikes it with his massive claws.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Damage: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 5) + 10 = 16

Claw 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Claw 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The troll staggers back, a massive slash bleeding across its torso.


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

The trolls inside the wall of fire shift around for a second before they both run through the flames.

T4: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 2) + 10 = 15
T5: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 5) + 10 = 19

Both beasts emerge with burns scattered across their hides. One joins its fellow in attacking Arokh while the other heads to Inara. The one facing the summoner lashes out at her but it can't connect with her shadowy figure.

The other troll tries to bite Arokh but it can't pierce the creature's tough hide. Its fellow attacker claws at Arokh but runs into the same problem; Arokh's hide is just too strong.

The two trolls surrounding Elyn batter at the cleric but they can't get past her armor.

GM rolls:

1d3 ⇒ 2
1d3 ⇒ 1
1d3 ⇒ 3
1d3 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d10 ⇒ 8
1d10 ⇒ 6
1d10 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
1d10 ⇒ 6
1d10 ⇒ 10
1d10 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


female human cleric, ranger, warrior

Concentration check: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34


Casting Holy Smite Damage: 5d8 ⇒ (6, 4, 2, 6, 2) = 20


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

A blast of brilliant light fills the campsite. The trolls blink and stagger around; they've all been temporarily blinded by the light. The monsters surrounding Elyn and Arokh swing aimlessly with their claws. The few blows they land glance off the heroes.

GM rolls:

Troll1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Troll1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Troll1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Troll1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Troll1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Spells:
Nightblade: 1[4/6] 2[3/3] Summoner 1[6/6] 2[3/3]
Nightblade/Summoner 5 | HP 36/40 | AC +18 T +14 FF +14 +5 resist cold/electricity | CMB +3 CMD +17 | Fort +3 Ref +8 Will +5 | Perception +9 (Familiar Perception +15) Init +5

Inara concentrates on the scene before her. She points her finger and begins outlining a lopsided circle through the trolls. Violet fire springs up wherever she points. The blind troll in front of her takes another swing at her but misses completely. With a flick of her wrist she closes off the circle. A thin wall of fire now separates the party from the trolls. The side facing the trolls throws off flames but the side facing the heroes is merely warm. Inara shouts "Don't cross the line!"

damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

GM rolls:

1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 2


Arock swings his sword at the trolls in front of him. The creatures take massive damage as his sword slices through one and into the other. The first troll topples to the ground in two pieces. The second one stays standing but it's clearly hanging on by a thread.

Cleave: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 6) + 7 = 16
Extra Crit Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 3) + 7 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 3) + 7 = 14
Extra Crit Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 2) + 7 = 14


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

The nearly dead troll swipes at Arock while its fellow goes after Inara. Both of them miss their targets by miles.

Gm rolls:

1d10 ⇒ 2
1d10 ⇒ 6
1d10 ⇒ 7


Flame Strike! damage: 10d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 6, 1, 2, 4, 5, 4, 4, 2) = 31


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

A massive column of fire booms into existence. For a few seconds all anyone can see is flames. As the fire turns to wisps you can see that all the trolls are lying on the ground, dead and smoldering. Inara waves her hand dismissing her violet flames.

"We have to burn the bodies" she says with a sigh. "If you don't burn troll corpses they just regenerate and that's not fun for anyone. Arokh, start gathering them would you love?" The reptile nods his head and starts piling the corpses up. Inara turns back to Elyn. "That was...impressive. I can see why the church has faith in you."

DM rolls:

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8


"As were you," says Elyn. "Encircling them in flames was a clever move."
Elyn watches the reptile gather the bodies. "Should I collect wood for a pyre?"


Spells:
Nightblade: 1[4/6] 2[3/3] Summoner 1[6/6] 2[3/3]
Nightblade/Summoner 5 | HP 36/40 | AC +18 T +14 FF +14 +5 resist cold/electricity | CMB +3 CMD +17 | Fort +3 Ref +8 Will +5 | Perception +9 (Familiar Perception +15) Init +5

"Yeah, that would be great. I'll poke around here. Trolls are gross but sometimes they carry useful things." Inara summons a globe of light and sends it hovering over the campsite turned battlefield. "Ick. So much for sleep." She starts picking her way through corpses.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Spoiler:

1d5 ⇒ 1


Elyn leaves the campsite for the tree line in search of kindling.


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

You head out to gather some firewood. It's pitch black past the campfire so you cast a Light spell to illuminate your way. You have a bundle of sticks collected when you hear a rustling in the bushes. You ready yourself, fully prepared to beat something to death with those sticks...but you relax when Frost pops out. The raccoon follows behind you as you finish collecting wood and head back to the campsite.


Spells:
Nightblade: 1[4/6] 2[3/3] Summoner 1[6/6] 2[3/3]
Nightblade/Summoner 5 | HP 36/40 | AC +18 T +14 FF +14 +5 resist cold/electricity | CMB +3 CMD +17 | Fort +3 Ref +8 Will +5 | Perception +9 (Familiar Perception +15) Init +5

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Inara waves when you stroll back into camp. She sits in front of her tent staring at an assortment of items. "Hey. So I found some things. These three are magic." She points to a wand, scroll and a vial. "Then there's this copper scepter thing...and this." She holds up a small brazier. It's inscribed with symbols of Palnor. "I'm hoping it's something they just found lying around somewhere."

Arokh collects the sticks from you. He goes to dump them on the pile of troll corpses.


"Let's see what kind of wand this is exactly," say Elyn. She knows how volatile magic can be. If this wand were to be useful to them, it would have to conduct light magic and be free of curses. She casts detect magic to be sure.
spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

Using Detect Magic in concert with your knowledge of magical items you determine that this is a Wand of Charm Person. It appears to never have been used.

This is the Charm Person Spell

While you look at the wand Inara examines the scroll. She shakes her head and offers the scroll to you. "I can't make heads or tails of this. Would you take a look?" You can roll the same Spellcraft dice for the scroll

She opens the bottle and takes a sniff. "This is a potion of Cure Light Wounds. Useful."

Spoiler:

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


"The wand is to charm a person," says Elyn. "It could be very useful. I doubt the trolls even knew what it was. Probably took it of a previous victim."

Elyn takes the scroll and casts the same spell

spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

You recognize the writing on this scroll. It casts Instant Armor, a spell you're quite familiar with.

Instant Armor Spell

Across the campfire Arokh's gathered all the troll corpses together with the kindling. Inara pulls out a large bag and heads over to the corpses. Once there she reaches into her bag and pulls out a torch that immediately bursts into flames. She sets the corpses on fire, steps back and sticks the torch right back into the bag. Inara backs away from the flames before pulling another object out. The large item folds out into a reclining chair. She pulls out a matching footrest and then lowers herself into the chair with a sigh. She says "I can keep an eye on this for a while. Having a troll regenerate is not my idea of a good time" She chuckles softly. Frost jumps up into her lap and curls into a ball. As she pets the raccoon she says "Try and get some sleep. I'll wake you at dawn for your meditation hour"


"Thank you," says Elyn, noticeably suppressing a grimace at the smell emanating from the flaming corpses. Lounging in front of that was not her idea of relaxation. She unfolds her bedroll and falls asleep sooner than she expected. She was more tired than she thought.


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

The night passes without incident. You get a late start the next day but aside from that it's uneventful. The next day finds you climbing the road ever higher to Zuria. The path narrows and twists back and forth, forcing you to dismount and lead your horses.

The winding road takes another curve, bringing you higher up the mountain. You chance a look over the ledge and see the patches of the sprawling landscape below through the clouds and fog rising up from the valley. The path ahead levels as you make your way around massive rock, and your nostrils fill with the familiar stench of unnatural death. There is a horde of undead sprawled across the road. They notice you as soon as you spot them. The air fills with unearthly howls and moans.


Upon seeing the undead, Elyn immediately casts Holy Smite upon the horde.
Holy smite: 5d8 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 8, 5) = 19


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

There is a scant heartbeat where the two groups just stare at each other; then chaos erupts. Inara’s horse decides it’s having none of this; it bolts back down the trail. Frost, who had been lounging on its saddle, now clings to it like a bur as the two disappear down the path. In the meantime the undead start pushing their way forward.


Spells:
Nightblade: 1[4/6] 2[3/3] Summoner 1[6/6] 2[3/3]
Nightblade/Summoner 5 | HP 36/40 | AC +18 T +14 FF +14 +5 resist cold/electricity | CMB +3 CMD +17 | Fort +3 Ref +8 Will +5 | Perception +9 (Familiar Perception +15) Init +5

K. Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"Ghouls!" Inara shouts. "If they bite you they'll make you sick!"


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

You know you have some options here. The holy water you carry will burn these creatures like acid. You can channel positive energy; it will heal the rest of your part and hurt the undead. Sadly undead are immune to numerous magical effects, mostly the ones that affect the mind.

The narrowness of the road works against the ghouls; the ones in the back can’t push their way past the ghouls in the front. They howl in rage and frustration. One of the ghouls shoves past its fellows and runs to Elyn. It snaps its teeth at the cleric. Luckily the bite lands right on Elyn’s armor; the steel is too thick for the ghoul to pierce.


Arokh roars at the wave of undead. The raptor draws his greatsword, but instead of swinging it at the nearest undead he lashes out with the wicked claws on his feet.

Claws: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Claws: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

He disembowels the foul creature, yet it's not enough to take down the ghoul.


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

Your horse takes off down the trail after its fellow. Meanwhile the horde presses closer. You can see some undead at the back that clearly aren't ghouls. They look nastier. Lovely. Well, you're having none of this. You call upon the power of your God to bring justice to the people these evil creatures used to be.

The wave of light smashes down on the front of the horde like a hammer. The disemboweled Ghoul just disintegrates while bits and pieces fall off 6 other ghouls. They bump into each other, rendered blind by the light of Palnor.

The ghouls are injured, but they’re not out of it yet. One of the blind ghouls presses forward. It sniff around and tries to bite Arokh but the eidolon easily moves out of the way. The ghoul in front of Elyn lets loose a bit of magic but it just flows over Elyn without touching her.


Spells:
Nightblade: 1[4/6] 2[3/3] Summoner 1[6/6] 2[3/3]
Nightblade/Summoner 5 | HP 36/40 | AC +18 T +14 FF +14 +5 resist cold/electricity | CMB +3 CMD +17 | Fort +3 Ref +8 Will +5 | Perception +9 (Familiar Perception +15) Init +5

Inara touches Arokh's tail and says a quick chant. The edolion's muscles bulge.


The horde continues to surge forward. Arokh swings his sword in a wide arc, aiming for multiple ghouls

Cleave: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32
Cleave: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31
Damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 3) + 12 = 21
Damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 2) + 12 = 20

The stroke slices perfectly through two of the ghouls. As soon as they hit the ground they are trampled by their fellows. The horde still presses onward.


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

Again a ghoul snaps at Arokh and misses. The eidolon is just too fast for the lumbering beasts. As the undead at the back of the horde get closer the stench in the air grows. You take a moment to think before deciding on your next action


Knowing the ghouls are bottlenecked by the road, Elyn readies her morning star and decides to take them out one by one by bashing their heads the old fashioned way. She takes a swing at the one closest to her


Melee Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

Your mace hits the ghoul in front of you with a satisfying crunch. The creature staggers, heavily damaged, but it remains standing.


Spells:
Nightblade: 1[4/6] 2[3/3] Summoner 1[6/6] 2[3/3]
Nightblade/Summoner 5 | HP 36/40 | AC +18 T +14 FF +14 +5 resist cold/electricity | CMB +3 CMD +17 | Fort +3 Ref +8 Will +5 | Perception +9 (Familiar Perception +15) Init +5

K. Religon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

"Great, ghouls in front, gasts at the back. Lovely party arranged for us." Inara's hand glow and she makes a throwing motion. Grease flies from her hand to coat the road in front of them. Two of the monsters slip around. One remains standing while the other falls to the ground.

GM rolls:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


PFS 5-08 Battle Map

The ghoul in front of Elyn snaps its teeth at her but she keeps it at bay with her morning star. The ghoul on the ground pushes itself to its feet while the one next to it lets out a low moan. It's eyes flash and it stares at Arokh. The huge lizard blinks and shakes himself

GM Rolls:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Cleave: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
Cleave: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35
Damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 2) + 12 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (3, 6) + 12 = 21

Once again the Eidolon swings his sword in a wide arc of destruction.
One of the ghouls drops to the floor, again a lifeless body, while the other loses an arm. It wobbles but stays standing.

1 to 50 of 58 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Vale of Zuria All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.