Trouble in Sembia (Inactive)

Game Master EltonJ

Orcs invade Sembia looking for a home to call their own. This campaign is basically a war story. Will the heroes succeed, or will the orcs win?


51 to 100 of 120 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Female Human Cavalier 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 t 12 ff 15 | CMD 18 | F+4 R+2 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +5

Dany arches an eyebrow at the halfling, "Yes, though I'd like to be able to enjoy the comforts of any given home for a moment before departing for the next." She raises the tankard still in her hand into the rain in a mock toast before taking a drink of the increasingly watery ale.

"What say the plants?" she asks Cedryk as he stands.


Male Human Druid 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 t 13 ff 13 | CMD 14 | F+4 R+2 W+7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

"Orcs. They have been watching the town, possibly in advance to invasion! We need to warn the people and call up the local militia."

The druid scoops up his leshy friend and the two scan the fields once more before heading back to town.


Male Human (shanti) Cavalier (Green Knight)| HP 18/18 | Fort +2, Ref +5, will +3 | Perception +4 | Int +2

yall appear to have a conversation with one person in the fields and one at the tavern

Elaith waits quitly for everyone to calm down, these humans are always so hasty finishing his drink with the young woman before following the others to the field, resonably certian that he can follow tracks in the mud.

survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Elaith Craulnober:

And with that roll you find your new companions easily. You find them talking about an orc invasion. However, there isn't an orc in sight. Still, if the ancient enemy is on the way, then there is sure to be a fight.

Cedryk:
What an interesting conclusion. You weren't supposed to come to that conclusion yet, but we'll go with it.


Tightening his grip on a long shaft leading to a spiky black steel ball he scans the boundary of the fields "Oh hell no. They think they can take Surd? We shall show them the difference between pain and agony..."

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 19


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Mosely says to Zdravko, "Well let's get on with it then!"

He grins and heads out to the fields with the others.


Male Human Druid 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 t 13 ff 13 | CMD 14 | F+4 R+2 W+7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

Smiling, Cedryk lays a hand on the warrior's arm.

They are not here right now. I believe that they were a scouting party. We should try to see if we can pick up some sort of trail and try to follow it back to their main party. If this is only a raid, then we might be able to put a stop to it before it even begins, but if it is more...well we will be able to return and warn the town...I hope!"

He looks over the group, including those who have just arrived and shrugs.

"Or we do nothing. This is not your home or for some of us, our country. I for one, however, will be pursuing this foe. I came from a town very similar to this one, and I would hate to think someone who could help them sat back and did nothing. Are you with me?"

At this point, Hedgewyk jumps up and down in his affirmation of joining the adventure.


Female Human Cavalier 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 t 12 ff 15 | CMD 18 | F+4 R+2 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +5

"I'm with you, of course!" Dany's eyes glitter at the thought of an adventure. "Just give me a few minutes to saddle up? If the need arises to run down an orc, I don't want to be caught on my own two feet."


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

The rain begins to slow down, although all is not dry yet. The ground is still muddy, and it looks like the plants have drank their fill.


"Wait, Cedryk was it? The barkeep said people were seeing lights around here. Maybe ask them about that...er...although I guess barley doesn't have eyes to see lights..."

Also are there any farmers around to talk to as well?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

They are certainly around. There's one at a farmhouse right now.


Sorcerer | HP: 7/7 | AC: 13, T: 12 I, FF: 11 | Fort: 1, Reflex: 2, Will: 1 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | Init: +6 | Perception: +1

Vallegrath stops and rubs his feet. "Oh, wonderful. Hiking. I feel so...ugh." He pauses, and spots Elaith, and shrugs.

Elvish:
"Spare me the I'm not a real elf speech if you're getting it ready. Hiking sucks."


He whistles a somewhat annoying frequency burst at a jangling clodhopper nearby "Ahoy there, cultivator. These here barleycorns had some interesting things to say, I think you have some explaining to do!" he elbows Vallegrath in the side chuckling. "Lend me your ear a moment, I want to know about the lights people are reporting around 'ere.
Now."


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

"We thought they were wisps at first," said the farmer. "But now we are sure that they were torch light."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Torchlight?" says Mosely quizzically. "That's odd. Orcs wouldn't need torches, must be something else."


Male Human (shanti) Cavalier (Green Knight)| HP 18/18 | Fort +2, Ref +5, will +3 | Perception +4 | Int +2

Elaith walks up to the group. with Vallegraths remark, Elaith replies in common.

"Never would I be so crass as to suggest that your not a real elf, friend. However you might want to take that chip off your shoulder lest it weigh you down even more. A child could follow the tracks our group is leaving." glancing back nervously.


Zdravko looks irritated at the discrepancy, giving the farmer a frowny face of the damned "...are you sure you're not mistaken, cropsman? You saw the flames yourself?"


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

"I'm not mistaken that it was torchlight," he said. "Maybe they were robbers, maybe something else besides orcs."


Male Human Druid 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 t 13 ff 13 | CMD 14 | F+4 R+2 W+7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

With Hedgewyk on his shoulder, Cedryk waits for the others to finish speaking to the farmers. He looks over the field of crops to where they have told him they saw the creatures enter and leave the field. Hedgewyk begins marching around on Cedryk's shoulder and frowning (or attempting to...looks like he has to go to the bathroom), as if in imitation of someone...


Sorcerer | HP: 7/7 | AC: 13, T: 12 I, FF: 11 | Fort: 1, Reflex: 2, Will: 1 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | Init: +6 | Perception: +1

"Several magics can produce light similar to a torch effect. But, more than likely it's just some kids with regular torches screwing around with the farmers."


Male Human (shanti) Cavalier (Green Knight)| HP 18/18 | Fort +2, Ref +5, will +3 | Perception +4 | Int +2

Elaith looks for other tracks in the mud while paying attention to the farmer. Leaning down Elaith checks around the field for signs of movement. " I concer that it probably wasn't Orcs. they have better eyes in the dark than most elves, it seems highly unlikely. Do you live nearby good farmer? because they are bloodthirsty beast that would have probably also attacked."

I got lucky last time on my survival lets see if it keeps up. I will also use sense motive on the farmer to see if he is hiding something.

survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Zdravko rubs the bridge of his nose as if a headache is coming on "Cedryk, no offense, but just how the hell does a plant know what an orc looks like? Are you sure they said 'orc' not 'orc-anic'?"


Female Human Cavalier 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 t 12 ff 15 | CMD 18 | F+4 R+2 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +5

Dany shrugs at her companions' skepticism. "Perhaps they were using the torches for something other than light -- to mark something, or destroy something. Have you insisted the area you saw the lights, for any sign? " she asks the farmer.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

"The area is right here, in my barley field," said the farmer. "I insist that I saw torchlight. I don't know if it's orcs or not. Just that we saw them."


Female Human Cavalier 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 t 12 ff 15 | CMD 18 | F+4 R+2 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +5

oops: "inspected"


Male Human Druid 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 t 13 ff 13 | CMD 14 | F+4 R+2 W+7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

Having waited for the others long enough, Cedryk moves into the fields and follows the direction of the crops to arrive at the area of entry and exit from the fields. The Druid examines the land about for any signs of these intruders.

Survival (tracking): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Uh . . . Edit your reply to show your roll, Cedryk.
Survival (tracking): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

That's better.

Okay, you can find the tracks of the orcs in the field. But you also find a second set of tracks left by elven feet. If elves do leave tracks, that is. The impression is faint, but it looks like elves have been here.


Male Human Druid 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 t 13 ff 13 | CMD 14 | F+4 R+2 W+7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

Sorry I forgot what my plus was so I had to check...lol


Male Human Druid 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 t 13 ff 13 | CMD 14 | F+4 R+2 W+7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

"Friends! Over here!"

Waiting for the others to show up, he keeps them away from the tracks, until he can show them to the others.

"Look like orc, but also there are these faint marks. I believe they are Llewyrr. Perhaps our two friends could confirm that?", he says pointing at Elaith and Vallegrath.


Male Human (shanti) Cavalier (Green Knight)| HP 18/18 | Fort +2, Ref +5, will +3 | Perception +4 | Int +2

Elaith shrugs at Cedryks remark about the elves. "I don't know." Once Cedryk shows the tracks to the others Elaith raises his opinion of the weird human I should have caught those tracks... "should we follow them?" Elaith looks up into the sky to determine how much time we would have to follow the tracks before nighttime.


"...most definitely." he starts walking with the others guiding the way.


Male Human Druid 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 t 13 ff 13 | CMD 14 | F+4 R+2 W+7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

Cedryk will follow the orc-like tracks as far as he can.

Survival (Tracking): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

good god...I hate to say it was a waste of a second 20, but now when I need them in combat they will never appear!! lol


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

You track the tracks, and you come up on a Sembia signal tower. The kind that Sembia set up in case of an invasion. It looks deserted.


Male Human Druid 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 t 13 ff 13 | CMD 14 | F+4 R+2 W+7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

"Well now...what do we have here? A good place for some orcs to hide during the day maybe. Let's go have a look and see what we can find. What do you all say?"


Nodding "If there's an orc in there I'll kill it, whether or not he has a torch." hefting his weapon he walks inside.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Mosely says, "Quietly. They might be asleep during the day. They tend to favor night raids."

He draws his small sword and sneaks toward the tower, making a quick circuit around it to find out what he can see and hear.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


He halts to let Mosely take a look first.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Mosely Terrahap wrote:

Mosely says, "Quietly. They might be asleep during the day. They tend to favor night raids."

He draws his small sword and sneaks toward the tower, making a quick circuit around it to find out what he can see and hear.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Sneaking around the tower, you hear some squeaking and creaking from the tower. Nothing suggests that the tower is occupied by orcs. But you can't tell if it's infested with the thugs in the first place.


Sorcerer | HP: 7/7 | AC: 13, T: 12 I, FF: 11 | Fort: 1, Reflex: 2, Will: 1 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | Init: +6 | Perception: +1

Val nods, hanging back some. He whispers to the others as Mosely scouts ahead. "Sorry man...tracking and secret writing isn't my forte. But should the young man scouting find prey, we can plan an ambush. I can use ghost sounds for signals, I suppose. I can't really make any intelligible speech, but a subtle bird whistle will fool an orc, I'm sure...I'm sure our nature mage friend could help me perfect a number of signals most people wouldn't recognize. I can also probably cover almost any trap with a proper illusion, if that's more your type."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Mosely pops out of some reedy grasses having circumnavigated the watchtower and says in a low voice, "No signs of orcs, but there are sounds from the tower - probably something in there. Couldn't see anything, just heard creaking and such." He gestures with his sword. "Be ready for trouble."


"Hmm, I think I know how to handle this..." Zdravko proceeds to cover the base of the tower with oil and set it alight unless someone stops him.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Uh, didn't we also find elven tracks? If they're the ones inside..."


"Yes, yes...if its elves, when they run outside I will not hit them. If orcs, I will hit them." he swings the spiked ball of his flail overhead, readying a strike against anything coming out the door.


Male Human Druid 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 t 13 ff 13 | CMD 14 | F+4 R+2 W+7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

"Your fire could signal to other groups that we are here. This might just be a scouting party for a larger group. Maybe hold off burning down the place for the time being."

Cedryk leans down and sets Hedgewyk on the ground.

"Can you go over there and see if you can find a way to see inside, my friend?"

The leshy nods his agreement and moves over to the tower, looking for any small gap that he might peek through.


Male Human (shanti) Cavalier (Green Knight)| HP 18/18 | Fort +2, Ref +5, will +3 | Perception +4 | Int +2

"For all we know there are children inside, and they cant come down. Don't be irresponsible Zdravko." Elaith hides and prepares his bow just in case.

stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

There are some places your leshy can go through. And he goes through one of them. Even while Zdravko did douse one side with oil in hopes of burning it.

The leshy is walking into a tower, one with steps leading upwards.


Male Human Druid 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 t 13 ff 13 | CMD 14 | F+4 R+2 W+7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

Hedgewyk will look around and see what is within the tower, specifically if anything dangerous is living in the tower.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Zdravko chews a wheat stem keeping his eyes on the tower.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Cedryk wrote:

Hedgewyk will look around and see what is within the tower, specifically if anything dangerous is living in the tower.

Perception: 1d20+5

Stealth: 1d20+5

Hedgewyk:

Hedgewyk notices a young elf maid captured by the orcs in the tower. The orcs are discussing what to do with the elf maid. Either use her, or cook her, or just to keep her tied up.

Hedgewyk returns to you with this information.


Male Human Druid 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 t 13 ff 13 | CMD 14 | F+4 R+2 W+7 | Init +2 | Perc +9

The little leshy returns to Cedryk and relays what he has seen.

"Well it is good that we did not burn this place down. Not only have we found the orcs that were said to be in the farmer's field, but they have a captive; a young elf maiden."

Could Hedgewyk tell how many orcs there were?

51 to 100 of 120 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / EltonJ's Trouble in Sembia All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.