The Trilogy of Marco Volo

Game Master ReNoid


1 to 50 of 134 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Long ago there was a Trilogy of Adventures taking place in the Forgotten Realms... I would like to bring those adventures out of my own personal vault and adapt them for Pathfinder!

They would still take place in the Realms, and you wouldn't need prior knowledge of them in order to play.

Character Requirements:

Stats: 4d6 keep 3 highest.
Races: Any base races, but all are available should you wish to run one by me.
Classes: Again, any are available (as well as archetypes)
Alignment: LG, NG, CG, LN, N (No evil or Chaotic Neutral)
Starting Level: 6
Hit points: Max at 1st level, roll subsequent levels.
Gear: Players all have access to 13,250 gp to outfit themselves.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.


I have always heard good things about the Realms setting, but I've only read one Elminster book, so this would be fantastic! Might finally motivate me to get more of the books.

Rolls:

4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 2) = 8 = 7
4d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 4, 4) = 14 = 13
4d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 6) = 13 = 12
4d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 6) = 17 = 14
4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 5, 1) = 14 = 13
4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 6, 3) = 17 = 15

Ugh...not great. Might write up a buffing cleric, that's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that would be decent with not a single high stat.


Question, most Monk archetypes don't stack with the Unchained Monk, would it be acceptable to alter one to fit? The Archetype Far Strike Monk just needs a few abilities nudged to the right levels to fit.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Rolls:

4d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 1) = 8
4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 6, 1) = 15
4d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 3, 2) = 17
4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 2, 6) = 16
4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 6, 3) = 12
4d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 1, 2) = 8

7, 14, 15, 14, 11, 7

Hmm... interesting numbers. Looks fun! (I honestly do like an interesting mix like this. Makes for more interesting characters.)

I've been really itching for a FR game to try the vigilante class with being a Harper. It seems like such a perfect fit! I'm not very familiar with the Marco Volo trilogy, but would a Harper (not high ranking, much more freelance adventurer with shared ideals) posing as a traveling merchant fit the adventures? If not, I can work on other concepts.

Thanks!


Stats while I wait for a reply:

4d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 4, 4) = 16 13
4d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 5, 4) = 18 14
4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 4, 6) = 17 16
4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 2, 5) = 18 16
4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 5) = 16 14
4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 4, 6) = 19 16

EDIT: That's pretty good, I could make basically anything with that. makes me feel better about making a monk for sure.


Is VMC ok?

rolls:

rolls: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 3, 6) = 16 rolls: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 6, 4) = 19
rolls: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 2, 2) = 14 rolls: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 5, 1) = 10
rolls: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 1, 5) = 12 rolls: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 1, 1) = 13


4d6 - 1 ⇒ (6, 1, 6, 2) - 1 = 14
4d6 - 1 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 3) - 1 = 7
4d6 - 1 ⇒ (5, 6, 1, 2) - 1 = 13
4d6 - 2 ⇒ (2, 4, 6, 4) - 2 = 14
4d6 - 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 5, 2) - 2 = 9
4d6 - 2 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 3) - 2 = 10

Hmm, a 9 point buy. Meh. I've been lucky at this before, but not this time. I'll pass.


This sounds interesting. I've only played a hand full of times in the forgotten realms it is a great world.

rolls:

Stat: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 3, 2) = 13 drop 2 = 11
Stat: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 5) = 12 drop 1 = 11
Stat: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 6, 6) = 20 drop 3 = 17
Stat: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 2) = 9 drop 1 = 8
Stat: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 3, 2) = 13 drop 2 = 11
Stat: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 4, 5) = 12 drop 1 = 11

Apparently 11's liked me

11,11,17,8,11,11

This will be interesting


OK, this one I cannot resist.

Rolls:

4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 4) = 10 = 9
4d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 6, 1) = 9 = 8
4d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 5) = 13 = 12
4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 4) = 13 = 11
4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 1, 2) = 14 = 13
4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 4, 5) = 19 = 15

DM, are you allowing Psionics?


4d6 - 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 1) - 1 = 3
4d6 - 1 ⇒ (5, 6, 1, 1) - 1 = 12
4d6 - 1 ⇒ (5, 5, 5, 1) - 1 = 15
4d6 - 3 ⇒ (5, 5, 3, 4) - 3 = 14
4d6 - 3 ⇒ (6, 3, 6, 4) - 3 = 16
4d6 - 3 ⇒ (4, 3, 5, 5) - 3 = 14

Well... Dice love me. I wonder if it's a good idea to play someone with a 3 in a stat? I'll think about it.


ObsessiveWiz wrote:

I have always heard good things about the Realms setting, but I've only read one Elminster book, so this would be fantastic! Might finally motivate me to get more of the books.

** spoiler omitted **

Ugh...not great. Might write up a buffing cleric, that's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that would be decent with not a single high stat.

I know it seems off to have such a low stat, but most are doable. Played more as a flaw and less of a “dump stat” if you ask me.

Hat-Trick wrote:
Question, most Monk archetypes don't stack with the Unchained Monk, would it be acceptable to alter one to fit? The Archetype Far Strike Monk just needs a few abilities nudged to the right levels to fit.

What would you suggest be altered?

Ken Marable wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Hmm... interesting numbers. Looks fun! (I honestly do like an interesting mix like this. Makes for more interesting characters.)

I've been really itching for a FR game to try the vigilante class with being a Harper. It seems like such a perfect fit! I'm not very familiar with the Marco Volo trilogy, but would a Harper (not high ranking, much more freelance adventurer with shared ideals) posing as a traveling merchant fit the adventures? If not, I can work on other concepts.

Thanks!

A Harper Vigilante would be perfect! Honestly, the way the trilogy reads is that you’re already a group of established adventurers and you encounter Marco Volo and become roped in with his own little schemes.

Jet18 wrote:

Is VMC ok?

** spoiler omitted **

Which classes? Also, don’t forget to drop your lowest roll.

Reckless Apprentice wrote:

This sounds interesting. I've only played a hand full of times in the forgotten realms it is a great world.

** spoiler omitted **

Apparently 11's liked me

11,11,17,8,11,11

This will be interesting

Would love to see what you come up with!

Storyteller Shadow wrote:

OK, this one I cannot resist.

** spoiler omitted **

DM, are you allowing Psionics?

I am and any of their archetypes as well.

Madcaster wrote:

4d6-1

4d6-1
4d6-1
4d6-3
4d6-3
4d6-3

Well... Dice love me. I wonder if it's a good idea to play someone with a 3 in a stat? I'll think about it.

I’ve seen it done before. Barbarians with literal INTs of 3, frail old mages with a 3 STR (the player had a mobile podium on wheels that was attached to a harness so he could carry his spellbook!), though of course 3’s are not ideal stats, I find them fun to work around personally.


Great!
I'll get my submission up probably tomorrow. :-)


Oh no, I'm fine with a flaw, I actually like having something below 10, gives me something fun to work with RP-wise. I just meant that my best modifier pre-racial is +2, so I'm not going to be particularly good at anything. I'll figure it out, though ;D

Also, you said to ask for non-core races...could I play an Aasimar? Gonna go for an Evangelist, so I need both Wis and Cha


Storyteller Shadow wrote:

Great!

I'll get my submission up probably tomorrow. :-)

Great!

ObsessiveWiz wrote:

Oh no, I'm fine with a flaw, I actually like having something below 10, gives me something fun to work with RP-wise. I just meant that my best modifier pre-racial is +2, so I'm not going to be particularly good at anything. I'll figure it out, though ;D

Also, you said to ask for non-core races...could I play an Aasimar? Gonna go for an Evangelist, so I need both Wis and Cha

Aasimar is fine by me. Not too outlandish and they’re prevalent in the Realms.


Traits? Background skills?

Rolling HP:

5d8 + 15 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 6, 6) + 15 = 35 + 11 at 1st = 47

EDIT: I also will probably take Scribe Scroll and pre-make a few before the start of the campaign. I know some GMs don't like this, though, so I thought I'd ask.


ObsessiveWiz wrote:

Traits? Background skills?

** spoiler omitted **

EDIT: I also will probably take Scribe Scroll and pre-make a few before the start of the campaign. I know some GMs don't like this, though, so I thought I'd ask.

Everyone can select 1 Trait if they wish. No drawbacks (though if you take a drawback, you may take one extra Trait) No more than 2 traits and 1 drawback however.

As for the Scribe Scroll, I am totally okay with that. You would still be spending your starting GP on scrolls you've made to represent your current gathered wealth. I would say for sake of making a starting 6th level character, your scrolls can be made at half total cost but can comprise no more than 1/4 of your total wealth (Roughly 3,300gp). At least to start. That's around 13 1st level scrolls give or take.


Hi
New to the site and interested.
General Question: where do I find the dice roller (assuming there is a specific one I need to use?

My character idea...Psion-Generalist from Waterdeep.


choyakuyama wrote:

Hi

New to the site and interested.
General Question: where do I find the dice roller (assuming there is a specific one I need to use?

My character idea...Psion-Generalist from Waterdeep.

When you go to post in the message board below the posting box is a "How to format your text section" click "show" and it will expand for formatting options for posts. One of there options is "dice". This is what everyone has been using to roll their stats and HP.


4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 2) = 13 - 11
4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 3) = 13 - 11
4d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 4, 2) = 11 - 10
4d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 6, 4) = 17 - 15
4d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 5, 6) = 23 - 18
4d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 3, 5) = 17 - 14

Well, that has a few possibilities in it...


rolls:

roll 1: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 3, 6) = 16 => 15
roll 2: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 6) = 12 => 11
roll 3: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 5) = 14 => 12
roll 4: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 5, 5) = 19 => 15
roll 5: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 6, 1) = 19 => 18
roll 6: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 3) = 9 => 8

Not bad at all!

I might also consider VMC if allowed. Not sure which one yet.
Using Hero Points?

For those of us unfamiliar with the trilogy, can you give us a bit more info? I don't want to make a privateer and find out it is all underground.


Reckless Apprentice wrote:
choyakuyama wrote:

Hi

New to the site and interested.
General Question: where do I find the dice roller (assuming there is a specific one I need to use?

My character idea...Psion-Generalist from Waterdeep.

When you go to post in the message board below the posting box is a "How to format your text section" click "show" and it will expand for formatting options for posts. One of there options is "dice". This is what everyone has been using to roll their stats and HP.

Thanks


What will downtime be like in the game?

I'm considering an idea which would have flavor of magic item crafting, would their be time for that?


Dotting, will read more tomorrow ;)


choyakuyama wrote:

Hi

New to the site and interested.
General Question: where do I find the dice roller (assuming there is a specific one I need to use?

My character idea...Psion-Generalist from Waterdeep.

Again, Psions are more than welcome in my game. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

ElterAgo wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Not bad at all!

I might also consider VMC if allowed. Not sure which one yet.
Using Hero Points?

For those of us unfamiliar with the trilogy, can you give us a bit more info? I don't want to make a privateer and find out it is all underground.

If you're asking what the game has in terms of environments, it's predominantly overland travel with a final excusrion into a fort. Overall, it's an escort mission tied into bits of humor and villanous-thwarting abound!

And yes, Hero Points are available. Everyone will have 3 total.

Reckless Apprentice wrote:

What will downtime be like in the game?

I'm considering an idea which would have flavor of magic item crafting, would their be time for that?

I'm unsure if there would be enough downtime for crafting magic items even between adventures. Enough time to replenish spells but not so much to sit down and draft out a schematic for a magic wand or things of that nature.


How do you feel about Soulknife and Aegis from Dreamscarred Press (and the prestige class of combining them both, Metaforge)?


The Chess wrote:
How do you feel about Soulknife and Aegis from Dreamscarred Press (and the prestige class of combining them both, Metaforge)?

I feel like there may be some confusion (perhaps on my part here) regarding Psionics.

I was referring to the use of the Occult classes with psychic spells through what's available on the PRD. I'm not familiar with the outside resources (although I know of how psionics used to work in 3.5).

Sorry if that bursts anyone's bubble :(


That's alright! I will stick to Paizo-only material. :)


Marco Volo: Departure

Marco Volo: Journey

Marco Volo: Arrival

A few links to the covers of the Modules for those interested.


Hmmm... a halfling hunter.

Will you let me do a Ghostwise halfling, trading the luck bonus for Speak without sound?


I used another roller...had an issue...! seem to be as smart as a box of rocks I guess.

Roll(4d6): 3,5,6,2= 14
Roll(4d6): 4,5,5,3= 14
Roll(4d6): 1,2,3,5= 10
Roll(4d6): 6,4,1,1= 11
Roll(4d6): 5,4,4,4= 13
Roll(4d6): 2,5,6,3= 14


4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 3, 5) = 15 14
4d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 6, 3) = 15 13
4d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 6) = 12 11
4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 1) = 13 12
4d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 3, 3) = 11 10
4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5, 5) = 21 16

hp: 5d8 ⇒ (6, 6, 1, 6, 6) = 25


Philo Pharynx wrote:

Hmmm... a halfling hunter.

Will you let me do a Ghostwise halfling, trading the luck bonus for Speak without sound?

I would greatly encourage a Ghostwise halfling! That seems like an amicable compromise.


4d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 5, 2) = 11 9
4d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 6, 6) = 20 17
4d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 4, 3) = 12 11
4d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 6, 4) = 16 13
4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 2, 5) = 15 13
4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 3, 1) = 15 14

Not too shabby at all. Will you allow me to use the Warlord archetype for fighter?


Suggested alterations to fit would be rather simple. Unchained Monk gets Still mind at level 4 rather than level 3, so Invisible Blade (the ability that replaces Still Mind) should be granted at level 4. The changes to the Ki Pool at level four would simply happen at level 3 when Unchained Monk gets their Ki Pool. Trick Throw usually falls on level 11, but there's nothing there to trade for it on Unchained Monk so it should probably be moved to either level 10 or level 12 in exchange for the Monk Power at the corresponding level.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Mmm, I've wanted to play these modules for a long, long time, but I'm just not interested in the vagaries of the die roller, which always screws me.


Follow up question, to alleviate some of the dangers of literally throwing my most valuable possessions at people, would it be possible to buy a couple +1 Sharding shuriken for 7200 GP (2/5ths the price of a full stack of five)? From what I understand, I'd only really need one, but a back up would be nice, and I don't want to be too cheap about such an important issue.

EDIT: Also HP
5d10 ⇒ (3, 9, 4, 3, 2) = 21


Ah yes, that does rather burst my bubble DM...

Still, I have always wanted to play in these modules so I'll be submitting something, either a Paladin or a Monk, probably a Monk as my scores are a bit weak for a Paladin.

Where do the modules start in the Realms so I can set up a bit of a background, also what year are we starting in?

---

It screwed me for sure Jesse but I figure what the hell? A couple of bad scores isn't the worst thing.


Submission:
Dunce Gilrook
Human Arcane Bloodline Sorcerer

I'm not that familiar with the forgotten realms so I made the background generic enough to work many places.

Background:

Dunce (as his brothers Carrow and Tirus called him) wasn't his name it was Caros but since no one used it neither did he. Dunce was the most likeable guy on could meet and the women in the local tavern could attest, each one thinking his words poetry and his smile daring. The only problem was Dunce was born to a family line of studied keepers of arcane lore for which he did not have the knack or the desire. As Dunce came into the world his mother left it placing Dunce and his brothers under the sole care of Archmage Gilrook (Dad). The Archmage schooled his sons in the ancient lore of gods, the theory of spellcraft, and the wonders of alchemy.
By Dunce’s fifteenth year Carrow’s spellbook was growing ever larger and has alchemical experiments were wonders to behold. Tirus on the other hand had taught himself swordcraft and the art of war from that many books in the library of their father and even had mastered his spells in such a way to use his swords and spells together. Dunce’s complete magical repertoire included summoning the most basic prestidigitation to clean the floor. As much as he tried the knowledge would not stay with him and eventually time went on Dunce maintained the home while the other studied their craft.
Dunce was fine, he had ale and friends to keep him amused. Until the strangest thing happened when one time when he was drunk. A passing traveler had come to the tavern and had gotten into a disagreement about which woman wanted to sleep with him that night ( none of them did) and Dunce got in the way attempting to convince the man that he might find a mule to be a bedfellow but none of the women would have him. Dunce got punched, he had never been attacked like that before, and he seemed to instinctively hold up his hand and deliver a single missile of force into the man’s chest knocking him to the ground. Beyond his understanding he instinctively had done something he had seen his brothers do before.After sometime evaluating his skills Dunce realized he could replicate spells certain spells he had seen his family done by willing them into been. The magic didn’t seem of the same structure that his father had taught but he didn’t care. Dunce was finally like his family.
Unfortunately Dunce’s family didn’t see it that way. He wasn’t using skill, just unharnessed talent. His magic was considered lesser than theirs. While the family still tolerated each other the thick wall of uncomfort fill the Gilrook house. Eventually, Dunce felt he had to leave. He had thought that he want to be like his father and brothers but even when found his own magic they rejected it. Dunce found the next traders going somewhere interesting and booked passage to anywhere else and then he wished his friends and family goodbye and left.

Stats:

Dunce Gilrook
Male human sorcerer 6
CG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +0; Senses Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 12, touch 11, flat-footed 12 (+1 deflection, +1 natural)
hp 36 (6d6+18)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee dagger +3 (1d4/19-20) or
. . spear +3 (1d8/×3)
Ranged light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 6th; concentration +13)
. . 3rd (4/day)—deep slumber (DC 18)
. . 2nd (6/day)—invisibility, mirror image, scorching ray
. . 1st (8/day)—charm person (DC 16), ear-piercing scream[UM] (DC 16), feather fall, identify, magic missile
. . 0 (at will)—acid splash, dancing lights, detect magic, ghost sound (DC 15), jolt[UM], mage hand, prestidigitation
. . Bloodline Arcane
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 11, Dex 11, Con 13, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 20
Base Atk +3; CMB +3; CMD 14
Feats Combat Casting, Eschew Materials, Persistent Spell[APG], Spell Penetration, Toughness
Traits desperate focus
Skills Bluff +14, Knowledge (arcana) +3, Knowledge (planes) +3, Spellcraft +6
Languages Common
SQ arcane bond (dagger), bloodline arcana (+1 DC for metamagic spells that increase spell level), metamagic adept (1/day)
Combat Gear scroll of mage armor; Other Gear crossbow bolts (15), dagger, light crossbow, spear, amulet of natural armor +1, handy haversack, headband of alluring charisma +2, ring of protection +1, ring of spell knowledge i (mage armor)[UE], backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, flint and steel, mess kit[UE], pot, soap, torch (10), trail rations (5), waterskin, 1,676 gp, 5 sp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Arcane Bond (Dagger) (1/day) (Sp) Use object to cast any spell in your spellbook. Without it, Concentration required to cast spells (DC20 + spell level).
Bloodline Arcana: Arcane (Ex) When a spell level is increased by a metamagic feat, it gains +1 DC.
Combat Casting +4 to Concentration checks to cast while on the defensive.
Eschew Materials Cast spells without materials, if component cost is 1 gp or less.
Metamagic Adept (1/day) (Ex) Apply a metamagic feat without increasing the casting time of the spell.
Persistent Spell Foes must succeed at 2 saves or suffer the spell's full effects.

I have a GM interpretation question for how I was going to use an item. I have a Ring of Spell Knowledge. The description says that the spell stored can be "written, active or cast" version of the spell. Now does that mean I can keep scrolls around and read then over and over to reset the ring? Or are the scrolls used up? I'm thinking a written version could also be a spell book and I don't think that would be used up.

Hp Rolls:

HP: 1d6 ⇒ 1
HP: 1d6 ⇒ 2
HP: 1d6 ⇒ 3
HP: 1d6 ⇒ 2
HP: 1d6 ⇒ 4


sorry for the late response, i was hoping to VMC into Magus.


4d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 5, 3) = 14 - 13
4d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 2, 4) = 11 - 8
4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 4, 3) = 16 - 13
4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1, 5) = 13 - 11
4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5, 5) = 21 - 16
4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 1, 2) = 12 - 11

That's quite nice and balanced. I'll like to submit a Human Investigator, just a few questions:

- Do you authorize the Orator feat? I'm asking because it is damn strong, maybe too much.
(http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/orator/)

- How many (if any) traits are we starting with?

- Do we know each other at the start of the adventure? Or maybe each of us could propose a story hook connecting his character with the others?


4d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 2, 1) = 9
4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 5, 6) = 15
4d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 2, 4) = 14
4d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 1, 3) = 10
4d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 2, 5) = 15
4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1, 3) = 15

8/14/12/9/13/14.

Ugh. So... I can have double 16s, or an 18, if I find a race with +4 to something. That's goblin and... Orc, I believe? Those are beastial races tho.

Edit: Yeah no, screw that. I'm going for a half-elf sorc.

What level can we expect to end up at, do you think?


Rolling HP: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 5, 4) = 23


Definitely sounds interesting.....

4d6 - 3 ⇒ (3, 3, 6, 3) - 3 = 12
4d6 - 2 ⇒ (2, 6, 2, 2) - 2 = 10
4d6 - 1 ⇒ (2, 1, 6, 5) - 1 = 13
4d6 - 1 ⇒ (6, 2, 4, 1) - 1 = 12
4d6 - 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 6, 4) - 3 = 14
4d6 - 1 ⇒ (1, 5, 3, 1) - 1 = 9

Hmmmmm average, but workable.....


Vrog Skyreaver wrote:
Will you allow me to use the Warlord archetype for fighter?

I’m not familiar with the radium weapons. This is an official Paizo source? If so, I can allow it as long as the Pew Pew Lasguns become Pow Pow Flintlocks.

Hat-Trick wrote:
Suggested alterations to fit would be rather simple. Unchained Monk gets Still mind at level 4 rather than level 3, so Invisible Blade (the ability that replaces Still Mind) should be granted at level 4. The changes to the Ki Pool at level four would simply happen at level 3 when Unchained Monk gets their Ki Pool. Trick Throw usually falls on level 11, but there's nothing there to trade for it on Unchained Monk so it should probably be moved to either level 10 or level 12 in exchange for the Monk Power at the corresponding level.

Can you link the archetype you wanted to use for the Unchained Monk for me please?

Hat-Trick wrote:

Follow up question, to alleviate some of the dangers of literally throwing my most valuable possessions at people, would it be possible to buy a couple +1 Sharding shuriken for 7200 GP (2/5ths the price of a full stack of five)? From what I understand, I'd only really need one, but a back up would be nice, and I don't want to be too cheap about such an important issue.

I say it’s your gold, so spend it how you would like. I understand that Monk’s won’t require much monetary wealth.

Storyteller Shadow wrote:

Ah yes, that does rather burst my bubble DM...

Still, I have always wanted to play in these modules so I'll be submitting something, either a Paladin or a Monk, probably a Monk as my scores are a bit weak for a Paladin.

Where do the modules start in the Realms so I can set up a bit of a background, also what year are we starting in?

Again, I do apologize for the confusion. My bad on that one.

I welcome both ideas, and even so, a Paladin might be a welcome addition as well.

And the modules start you in Waterdeep (as most tend to from what I’ve experienced) and I will get back to you on the Year.

Reckless Apprentice wrote:
I have a GM interpretation question for how I was going to use an item. I have a Ring of Spell Knowledge. The description says that the spell stored can be "written, active or cast" version of the spell. Now does that mean I can keep scrolls around and read then over and over to reset the ring? Or are the scrolls used up? I'm thinking a written version could also be a spell book and I don't think that would be used up

Scrolls would be used up, Spellbooks would not.

Jet18 wrote:
sorry for the late response, i was hoping to VMC into Magus.

You were going to start as Magus and pick abilities from other classes as you progress? Which ones specifically or do you not know as of yet?

Malleus The Grim wrote:


That's quite nice and balanced. I'll like to submit a Human Investigator, just a few questions:

- Do you authorize the Orator feat? I'm asking because it is damn strong, maybe too much.
(http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/orator/)

- How many (if any) traits are we starting with?

- Do we know each other at the start of the adventure? Or maybe each of us could propose a story hook connecting his character with the others?

DM lightning round answers! Yes. One, two if you take a drawback. And yes you know one another (it's assumed you've been adventuring together all this time)

Ierox wrote:


Ugh. So... I can have double 16s, or an 18, if I find a race with +4 to something. That's goblin and... Orc, I believe? Those are beastial races tho.

Edit: Yeah no, screw that. I'm going for a half-elf sorc.

What level can we expect to end up at, do you think?

I would allow goblins or orcs, but remember you would be a good guy.

And not having used these for Pathfinder before, I was going to use the Fast level progression for what I have adapted. I will have to get back to you on potential level.


Alright, I'll wait for the Year in question to start the build so the background makes sense. My rolls are sub-optimal so a Paladin would not work, even a Monk would be borderline. Perhaps I'll hit on some other inspiration. Maybe a Bard...


Storyteller Shadow wrote:

Alright, I'll wait for the Year in question to start the build so the background makes sense. My rolls are sub-optimal so a Paladin would not work, even a Monk would be borderline. Perhaps I'll on some other inspiration. Maybe a Bard...

If you took dual talent human(or angelblooded aasimar) you could do always do

Str 17(15+2)
Dex 11
Con 12
Int 9
Wis 8
Cha 16(13+2+1)

for a very bare-bones paladin. There's enough money for further +2 to str or cha, and then it's not totally horrible.

Not saying it's *good* or anything, but it could be done.


Ierox wrote:
Storyteller Shadow wrote:

Alright, I'll wait for the Year in question to start the build so the background makes sense. My rolls are sub-optimal so a Paladin would not work, even a Monk would be borderline. Perhaps I'll on some other inspiration. Maybe a Bard...

If you took dual talent human(or angelblooded aasimar) you could do always do

Str 17(15+2)
Dex 11
Con 12
Int 9
Wis 8
Cha 16(13+2+1)

for a very bare-bones paladin. There's enough money for further +2 to str or cha, and then it's not totally horrible.

Not saying it's *good* or anything, but it could be done.

An interesting idea :-)

However, I decided on a Bard. I've done Monks and dual/classed Monks. I've never done a Bard. I will submit a Bard (SoundStriker)(Arcane Healer) later tonight.


And the game calls for at least 6 to 8 characters.

I'm hoping for the 6 minimum, but probably won't be going beyond 8 in case anyone had been wondering. This DM selection process is rather difficult.


Another chance of getting in a game with Shadow ;)

@ReNoid: I'm not familiar with the trilogy (Looking at your links right now), but would characters with companions or mounts have difficulties? I thought about building a cavalier but they usually don't work well in many APs due to the dungeon crawling part (and the horsey-not-fittey part)


The Chess wrote:

Another chance of getting in a game with Shadow ;)

@ReNoid: I'm not familiar with the trilogy (Looking at your links right now), but would characters with companions or mounts have difficulties? I thought about building a cavalier but they usually don't work well in many APs due to the dungeon crawling part (and the horsey-not-fittey part)

They would not have difficulties. The game is very much ~80% or more overland adventuring, so animals and mounts will have ample room. There will be places to stable horses if need be as well.

I've found cavaliers interesting, and wanted to play a hobgoblin warg rider once...

1 to 50 of 134 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / Recruitment thread for a Pathfinder Version of The Marco Volo Trilogy (2nd Ed D&D) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.