The Shackled City Adventure Path by GM Rutseg

Game Master Balacertar

Chapter 8 - LORDS OF OBLIVION

Cauldron map
Redgorge map
Current map

Campaign Index / Campaign diary
Loot sheet
Old loot sheet (Maxim)

Group Stealth (passive): -5 (Kikinnin)
Group Stealth (active): 5 (Kikinnin)
Group Perception: 27 (Marigold)
Group Sense motives: 30 (Marigold)
Group Spellcraft: 24 (Maxim)
Group Appraise: 23 (Maxim)


4,551 to 4,600 of 10,419 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>

Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Juraan notices JJ: "One moment, Shensen, I have to help my friend."

He turns to talk to JJ: "Marigold is escorting Sara home, JJ." … and points to where Marigold is trotting off after Sara.

Good luck and gods' speed; you will need them!" Juraan adds with a mischievous look.

Then he turns back to Shensen: "Shall we go for a nice walk? We should be quite safe!"


Demonically Disguised Dwarf Wizard (Spellslinger) 4/(Unchained) Rogue 1 | HP 28/28 | AC 18/T14/FF15 | F+3, R+6, W+5 | Perc +6, Dark Vision 60ft. | Init +3 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1
Skills:
+11: Cr.Alchemy; +10: Appraise/Kn.Local/Spellcraft; +9: Cr.Weapons/Kn.Arcana/Kn.Dungeon/Sense Motive; +8: Lore.Malachite; +7: Dis. Device/Lore.Jzadirune/Prof. Merchant/Sleight of Hand/Stealth

Maxim smiles and raises his glass in both toast and affirmation of the request;

"'Course my Lord, I will keep my eye and opportunities justly open."

Looking around the gun-mage spies Lord Vhalantru calling for attention and takes that as his cue to rejoin his Uncle.

"Lord Aslaxin. Until our next meeting."

The demonic clad dwur bows and makes his way to look for the older merchant.


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Marigold
"Yes please, do not let me go alone" answers Sara.

JJ
Celeste looks thoughtful, then answers "There is indeed one thing in which your group might be of help. Please, come to visit me in the Cusp of Sunrise in a week"

The woman stretches then JJ's hand one last time before leaving the balcony.

All
Vhalantru continues his speech "And because we want proper safety for our citizens the Council has decided to finally raise taxes. The merchant 5% over income will rise to..." he is interrupted by the general murmuring "We will as well increase the citizen 1 yearly gold piece to 10 so we can arm up the guard, and the Council has approved new taxes in order to..." the murmurs are so loud it becomes impossible to keep listening the speech from there on.

Juraan and Maxim
"Yes, Juraan, let's breath some fresh air" exposes Shensen while JJ and Juraan start following Marigold, Lyssa and Sara. Just by that time, Maxim rejoins the group after Lord Aslaxin has given his farewell.


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

GM Rutseg:

Kikinnin remains in place, uncomfortable with his position of privilege, hearing the clandestine conversation, understanding their intent on theft, as well as one's remorse for having killed the guard. Not his idea of 'fun'. He debates, staying in the shadows, and holding onto his information until others arrive, or stepping into the light, and possibly ending up like the poor guard, in the same evening.

The only thing keeping him from retreating from obviously stronger foes is the giant's desire to 'have fun'. The black-beard does his best to hide, remaining at a distance, and behind things, and staying in the dark, though he thinks the tiger-man is likely able to see well at night.

He waits, hoping to see the pair retreat. He waits, hoping for reinforcements, to be more fair.


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

"Taxes?" wonders JJ, too distracted by the quickly vanishing Sara and Marigold to worry too much about what such a change might mean to the people of Cauldron.

"Sara! Marigold! Wait up!", using some of the skills he has picked up as an adventurer, JJ does his best to work his way through the crowd to catch up with his sister and his friend.

Friend? Is that how I think about Sara? the confused boy wonders, as the aroma of Celeste's aura continues to distract him.


Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

"Lead the way" Juraan says to Shensen, "it's a pleasant night."
And he offers his arm for her to lead him by.

"No dangers around either, for a change",
he thinks to himself, well pleased with the time he's spent with Shensen,
"… not even a tussle with the Stormblades. Not this once, anyway."

GM Rusteg:

Juraan also glances around on occasion to see if he can spot Fario and Fellian.
perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

If he does see either one, he'll give a friendly smile and nod.
Just to let them know he's aware of them.
He doesn't feel threatened. He's only curious about whether or not he can spot them.

If he can't see either, he'll simply be impressed with their stealth.


Demonically Disguised Dwarf Wizard (Spellslinger) 4/(Unchained) Rogue 1 | HP 28/28 | AC 18/T14/FF15 | F+3, R+6, W+5 | Perc +6, Dark Vision 60ft. | Init +3 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1
Skills:
+11: Cr.Alchemy; +10: Appraise/Kn.Local/Spellcraft; +9: Cr.Weapons/Kn.Arcana/Kn.Dungeon/Sense Motive; +8: Lore.Malachite; +7: Dis. Device/Lore.Jzadirune/Prof. Merchant/Sleight of Hand/Stealth

As Vhalantru declares the increase on taxes upon both citizens and merchants alike, Maxim scowls and blows an angry stream of smoke from his mask.

Damned council. Strongarmin' the citizens an' businessfolks into partin' from well earned coin...


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

Adjusting his sleeves a bit after Ryan and Jil return to the ball, Ryan hears Vhalantru's declaration and scowls himself, his good mood heading south quickly.

"The guard could use the pay and equipment to but a 10fold increase in taxes, this will likely cause riots in the street." with a look towards Jil he tried to gage her reaction to the news


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Kikinnin:

"Look" the tiger humanoid points something in the book then smiles. The giant turns then in Kikinnin's direction like if he has heard something "Zaur...", the tiger-like follows on listening his name.

With a mischievous smiles he misregards the dwarf "Just another rat"

Kikinnin feels something trying to go into his mind and discover his thoughts.
Vol DC 18 (this is just a detection)

"We have better things to do... Let's go Motruk" adds the tiger man, the giant snorts but places his large hand over the shoulder of his companion who raises the book in his hands and places it at the height of his chest. He then makes a sign with his hand and both tiger man and giant disappear with a puff.

Juraan:

Fario+distance: 1d20 + 9 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 7 = 30
Felian+distance: 1d20 + 9 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 7 = 22
Juraan is unable to see any of the half-elves.

Ryan
"That was interesting..." comments Jil while adjusting his clothing. She smiles at Ryan when he comments about the taxes "Troubles."

Feel free to RP the come back home. Then, prepare for a normal labor day, slot spells and equipment appropriate for a day shopping in the market or whatever you do together when not adventuring.
We will move ahead some days/weeks perhaps.


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

"That's putting it mildly, is the government trying to alienate everyone, raising taxes against both the merchant class and the commoner. I need to speak to my uncle he must have some sense of what is going on." Ryan grouses a bit as he tries to understand the reasoning behind what was just announced. Remembering his night's dance partner "Pardon my manners, may I escort you home?"

Ryan will escort Jil back if she accepts, then heads back home to the church to change and think on what had happened. He would catch up with the others tomorrow at the tavern; after his morning studies and martial training within the church yard.


Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

Juraan's mind is wandering whenever he meets the others at the pub.

"What's that? The new taxes? Hadn't thought about them, actually."
"Been too busy to worry about that one."

"I think that party went fairly well, actually."
"Shensen is rather lovely, don't you think?"
"I'm also going to try making a few acid flasks in my lab."

He's obviously love-struck!

GM Rusteg:

Juraan will try to spend as much time as he can with Shensen.
That will be his first priority for the few days of resting and such.

Mostly romancing, of course. But some business too.
He's curious about meeting Meerthan, but won't press the issue with Shensen.
With any luck he'll get to know Fellion and Fario in the process.

He will make things clear that he won't do anything against his friends.

But he's otherwise open to any dealings with them.

--------------------

Time allowing, Juraan will also try to make some acid flasks as well.
I hope I have the maths right per the craft skill
Material cost per flask = 3.4 GP (10 GP ÷ 3, rounded up)

craft (alchemy), DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
success -> 21 × DC15 = 315% -> 300% -> 7 days ÷ 3 = 2 days

craft (alchemy), DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
success -> 22 × DC15 = 330% -> 300% -> 7 days ÷ 3 = 2 days

craft (alchemy), DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
success -> 25 × DC15 = 375% -> 300% -> 7 days ÷ 3 = 2 days

craft (alchemy), DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
failed by 4; no progress made, but no materials ruined (7 days)
craft (alchemy), DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
success -> 26 × DC15 = 390% -> 300% -> 7 days ÷ 3 = 2 days

That would be a total of 15 days' work, and 13.60 GP materials
If he has all the time for that.


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJ does his best to catch up with Sara and Marigold. "That ended sooner than I was expecting... he says.

Did we work out shares of the treasure yet? JJ has some purchases he'd like to make

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The next day when he meets up with the group he is pretty hyped.
"[b]Do you remember Celeste from the Inn? I met her again at the dance. I think she knows something about my family!
" he gushes.

"She also said something about maybe having a job for us in a week or so."

He grins at the Professor, happy his fellow orphan has found someone so compatible with him. "She is lovely, as were all the people there. And Maxim, when you blew smoke, I thought our host was going to have a fit. That was fantastic!"


Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

"I thought Maxim was using one of his stogies in his costume" Juraan jokes.

JJ (re tresure):

Maxim did the division spoils thing already.
I missed that initially too.
I made notes for myself of the relevant posts in the discussion forum:

Post #4477 in "[AP] The Shackled City by GM Rutseg - Gameplay"
From GM Rusteg to me:

"You place some questions at the local tavern and the streets but you cannot find out anything about Shensen."

"It takes you 10 gold pieces but you find out a very fine costume and the materials for your concoction. "

----------------------------------------

Post #1454 in "[AP] The Shackled City by GM Rutseg - Tower Discussion"

"… 3,266 GP for each of us and 3271.40 GP for the Commons/Kitty …"

GM Rusteg:
Forgot to mention one other thing for Juraan during our time off.

Time and money permitting, he'd like to get someone to enchant his masterwork composite longbow to +1.

If there's anyone around town who can do that.


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Next Day

Maxim flashes a hard smile and mocks a bow to his companions;

"Har! Wish it had been a stogie Prof Drakblood... Still was an eventful eve... Surprisingly so for us all eh?"

The dwur considers at his elaborate costume with a satisfied nod;

"Aye did the trick. Hid my embarrassment well enough... Hell's Teeth ye feel the heat o' expectation mixin' it with the high an mighty!"

GM-R:

First and foremost Maxim will meet with his Uncle to discuss the Ball.

Once that is completed he'll move onto shopping and making stuff:

Spells prepared: 0 (Read Magic); 1st: Crafters Fortune (x3), Mount; 2nd: Masterwork Transformation (3)

In the days and weeks to come Maxim will spend the time sourcing materials then crafting more ammunition:

10 Regular Bullets 5GP
10 Paper Cartridges 60GP
5 Adamantine Bullets 155GP
6 Pitted Bullets 15GP

Maxim will head back to Skie's to see what she has in her catalogue at the moment.

Finally if he has time he'll check back with Ghelve and also try and track down Myrza, the young lamplighter and Irruth Mercadi, the chandler who were freed from the Malachite - to see if there is any gossip/rumours they may have heard (will obviously pay :)


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Following Sara

"Okay, g-good," Marigold responds, looking relieved that Sara still has the presence of mind to not storm off completely alone. "Lissa! I'm g-going to S-Sara back to the inn; we'll s-see you there in a little b-bit, okay?" she calls back apologetically to her friend, still seated at the table.

JJ we're going to have to have a talk!

Inwardly fuming, Marigold silently accompanies the upset Sara back to the Tipped Tankard. She realizes that Sara is in too much of a state to be reasoned with at the moment, so she makes no further attempts to try and explain away JJ's actions. When they reach the inn, she gives the young woman a sympathetic pat on the arm before they part ways for the night.

"I'm s-sorry...JJ's an idiot s-sometimes. T-try and g-get some sleep okay? I'll s-see you tomorrow," she says.
_________

Next Day

The next day when the group meets up at the tavern, Marigold can't help but have some mixed feelings when JJ begins talking about Celeste and mentions that she might know more of his family history.

"Th-that's...th-that's really g-great to hear," she responds with a slightly strained smile. "I'm s-sorry I m-missed the very end of the b-ball, S-Sara needed s-someone to walk her b-back..." she continues, shooting JJ a displeased look. "D-did I m-miss anything important?"
_________

Sorry for the delayed post; the last day or two have been busy! Also I'm treating it as Marigold leaving before the announcement about the tax increase so feel free to fill her in on that :)


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

GM Rutseg:

Will Save DC 18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Kikinnin feels his breath catch, as the tiger-man seems to see him in the dark. Only when the two disappear does he breathe again.

He waits there, for the Guard to show, so he can give a report of exactly what was said between the strange pair. Should the elf return, he also commends her for her quick thinking, as it likely kept the odd couple from roaming about and causing more havoc.

...

"Sounds like a wonderful time. Glad you all could let down your hair a little, and live for yourselves. This is good." Kikinnin looks from one storyteller to another, putting together the events of the Ball, chuckling loudly when they recount the death scene of poor, blond Nabthatoron. "Well done, bror. Gave 'em something to remember, at that." The black-beard extends his mug for clinking.

"As for last night, it looks like someone used the distraction to rob Bluecrater of a single book. A single guard lost his life, to what I can only describe as a were-tiger, and a fire giant. Well, his hair was fiery red, but I know a little of giants, and figure him for one. I wasn't armed properly, nor did I have your strength at my side, so I could only look on, and watch them disappear with their theft. They had names- Motruk, the giant, and Zaur Sza, the tiger-man. Both had knockers of steel to just march into the Academy and do what they did."


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Maxim meets Kikinnin's mug with his own;

"Cheers Bror. Next time the demons win I reckon!"

As the black beard tells of blacker news, the gun-mage takes a deep draught;

"Grim tidings... Jotunn and perhaps another were-creature like Tongue-Eater? Regardless o' either's ilk they ain't good news..."


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

Ryan listens to Kikinnin describe the theft the previous night quietly, "There has been rumors of a pair matching those two, and the journal from below mention a giant working on something; likely they are one and the same. Were you able to know what book it was that was stolen?"


Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

"Must've been a very important book to go through that trouble!"
"I'll ask around to see if anyone knows what book was nicked."

diplomacy, asking around: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

During the week:

JJ firstly tries to catch up with Sara to find out why she and Marigold vanished. He starts off assuming it is a "girls chatting" thing, and feeling a little aggrieved at the situation. Poor JJ has a lot to learn about women

Aside from this he spends some time filling in the paperwork as he tries to join the Bluecrater academy and pay the horrendous entry fee.

Aside from this he spends the week
1 day visiting the orphans
1 day doing Bluecrater paperwork and starting classes on other planes
3 days working with the town guard
2 days loafing around, relaxing with some friends, bathing, trying to get Sara to go on a picnic and generally enjoying himself after what has been a pretty hectic time.

After a week he heads off to the Cusp of Sunrise...


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Kikinnin:

Once the guard appears, they insist to check the library up and down and make you all kind of questions about who made the chaos. It seems the elven woman was requested about books about fallen planes and planes ruling rituals. After she directed them to a shelve about outer planes books they got enough excited and forgot about her. She profited then to attempt a escape and succeeded.

Ryan:

Jil smiles "I would rather prefer to hit home alone, but we can have a walk in the streets before splitting parts if you wish so" And thus she takes the Abadar's cleric by the arm "Better do not get too fond of Jil, Ryan Taskerhill"

Juraan:

Shensen nods "Once you are prepared pay a visit to the Drowning Morkoth Inn and request to buy a telescope from old dwarf merchant Tyro Amberhelm"

During the downtime you are able to produce up to 5 flasks.

You will find a colleague on the Bluecrater Academy able to work on enchanting the longbow for 2000 gp.

Maxim:

"Aye! Good to see you again!" tells Skie when Maxim enters his shop.
Skie's catalog
Spoiler:
+1 banded mail 1,400 gp
+1 chain mail 1,300 gp
+1 heavy steel shield 1,170 gp
+1 kukri 2,308 gp
+1 light mace 2,305 gp
+1 longsword 2,315 gp
+1 scimitar 2,315 gp
+1 Small dagger 2,302 gp
+1 Small leather armor 1,160 gp
+1 spiked chain 2,325 gp
bag of holding (Type I) 2,500 gp
cloak of resistance +1 1,000 gp
golembane scarab (flesh) 2,500 gp
hat of disguise 1,800 gp
handy haversack 2,000 gp
potion of cure light wounds (8 available) 50 gp each
potion of cure moderate wounds (3 available) 300 gp each
potion of haste 750 gp
potion of owl's wisdom 300 gp
ring of feather falling 2,200 gp
ring of protection +2 8,000 gp
rope of climbing 3,000 gp
scroll of dispel magic 375 gp
scroll of flame arrow 375 gp
scroll of fly 375 gp
scroll of ice storm 700 gp
scroll of lesser restoration 150 gp
scroll of levitate 150 gp
scroll of mirror image 150 gp
scroll of raise dead 6,125 gp
scroll of silence 150 gp
scroll of speak with dead 375 gp
sleep arrows (2 available) 132 gp each
wand of cure light wounds (25 charges) 375 gp
wand of cure moderate wounds (22 charges) 1,980 gp
wand of Melf's acid arraw (10 charges) 900 gp
Headband of alluring charisma +2 4,000 gp
Headband of inspired wisdom +2 4,000 gp
Headband of vast intelligence +2 4,000 gp
Headband of alluring charisma +2 4,000 gp
Headband of inspired wisdom +2 4,000 gp
Headband of vast intelligence +2 4,000 gp

Ghelve will greet Maxim and ask about his advances on spellcasting. Myrza and Irruth Mercadi have troublesome rumors about some attack to the Bluecrater Academy during the night of the Demonskar Ball.

Marigold:

"Thanks for coming back with me Marigold" comments Sara while she rejects with the head "No, it is just me who is an idiot. JJ is of noble descend of course, she is to mingle with that kind of people"

JJ:

Access to the Bluecrater Academy tuition fee is 500 gp.

Sara seems still molested and does not accept to talk about the night party.


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

At The Table

Maxim nods at his companions;

"Surely.. I'll ask around as well... As always I've business to attend to folks, so I'll take my leave."

The gun-mage rises to exit with a hard smile, then clicks his fingers;

"Oh aye. If any of y'all are needin' master working done on arms or armour drop it at Garthûn Imports for my attentions - I'll endeavour to have it back with you by the next morn."

Spoiler:

Skie's

Maxim tips his forelock to Skie in return;

"Ma'am. Always a pleasure. Lookin' to supplement my gear ahead o' our next mission..."

The canny dwur casts his eyes o'er the gnome's stock as he continues to chat;

"What's new with you? Apart from some decent goods I see!"

Maxim will set aside the Cloak of Resistance (+1) and The Handy Haversack for further consideration as he chats with Skie.

(I'll deal with the chat of our group and purchasing items at Skie's, then revisit the ongoing liaisons with Ghelve, the freed slaves and ultimately my Uncle.


Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

At one of the Coy Nixie meetings:

"Shensen is very helpful. And good company too."
"I did find the time to make five acid flasks."
"And I found someone at the academy to enchant my longbow some."
"So I think I should be ready for whatever we're doing next."
"Doubtless trying to recover that stolen book."

GM Rusteg:
I've noted the expenses in my HL profile: 2,017 gp altogether.

I totally forgot Juraan has a portable alchemist's lab.
Oh well, it wouldn't have made any real difference this time.
I'll just have to remember that for the next time.

"Thank-you, Shensen, I shall do that."
At his first opportunity, Juraan will go to the Drowning Morkoth Inn and ask to buy a telescope from that Tyro Amberhelm person Shensen mentioned.

If Shensen is (as I suspect) a bard, Juraan will try to buy her a masterwork instrument of her choosing.
Since he still has some cash to splash!


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

Bluecrater:
JJ does what he can to argue the Bluecrater costs down, but in the end pays over the 500 gold for membership.

I guess it is an investment in my future, as much as anything else. Uncle Alex is always saying I need to find ways to push myself and develop.

Once a member he looks around for classes that might involve either denziens of the lower planes, information about those planes themselves, or magics that can protect from them. Probably not the most common of topics, so if none are to be had, he'll spend some time working out how the library operates and starting to read.

Back at the Tankard he shows off his membership card proudly to the professor and Marigold. "I've joined up too!"

He tucks into a hearty lunch, time, relaxation and friendship helping him to recover from the bleak mood he ended up in after facing the horrible undead in the lower caverns.

"Marigold, Sara seems annoyed with me, and she won't talk to me about it. Did she say anything to you?"

He seems genuinely confused by her action, and a little concerned that he may have said something wrong, "Or maybe I spilled something on her dress?"


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

GM Rutseg:

"N-no, p-please d-don't think that way about JJ," Marigold begs. "He's c-clueless s-sometimes b-but he's n-not like those St-Stormblades; he w-wouldn't w-want to m-make anyone f-feel b-bad about wh-who they are or wh-what kind of b-blood they have like they d-do!"

She sighs. "He m-might ask me about all this l-later...I'll t-tell him to g-give you a little sp-space for n-now unless you think you'll b-be okay to t-talk to him tomorrow, okay?"

Morning After the Ball, Tavern Meeting

"Wh-what!? S-someone b-broke into B-Bluecrater!?" Marigold gasps with shock at Kikinnin's news. "Oh n-no...w-was anyone else h-hurt? D-do you know wh-who the g-guard was that d-died? Th-they're like f-family to m-me..." she continues, looking truly shocked.
______

Talking with JJ, Sometime Later?

Marigold sighs and rubs at her temples when JJ approaches her about Sara, just as she knew he would.

"JJ...I love you like a b-brother but sometimes you can b-be so c-clueless," she sighs. "Sh-she s-saw you with Celeste on the b-balcony; anyone p-paying attention c-could see you two up there."

She quickly holds up a hand. "L-look, your l-love life is your own b-business...b-but you r-really need to s-sit and think about wh-what you want right n-now, okay? B-because if you d-don't you're g-going to really hurt s-someone, whether you m-mean to or not."
______

Seems there's a lot of stuff going on with all of us right now but I'll try to do a summary post tomorrow or Tuesday of how Marigold spends her time until we head to meet Celeste in a week...provided nothing else major happens in the meantime!


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision
Ryan wrote:
"Were you able to know what book it was that was stolen?"

"Did not tap on either of their shoulders to inquire, no. The elven librarian, uh, what was her name..Lost-real. Lost-real Tan-ass. She mentioned that they pressed her for the shelves related to the Outer Planes. She was lucky they were more interested in the books than the lady. That's how she got away."

Maxim wrote:
"Oh aye. If any of y'all are needin' master working done on arms or armour drop it at Garthûn Imports for my attentions - I'll endeavour to have it back with you by the next morn."

Kikinnin sits up a little straighter, as his fellow dwur indicates the ability to work with weapons and armor. "Master-working, or magic-enhancing? My equipment was made well from the start, so I'd be interested in reinforcing them with magics, seeing as how we keep dealing with more and more powerful hassles."


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Breakfast At Nixie's

Maxim shakes his head with a wry smile;

"Alas. Enchantin' as I am, I can't boon arms and armour with magicks ... Not yet."

The gun-mage tips his fork towards Marigold, Juraan and JJ;

"Bluecrater posse might have an inclin' on who could do such enchantments for ye bror. Likely cost more than my generous rates o' course!"


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Almost a week has past since the Demonskar Ball party, and you are minding your own business on Magma Avenue. Specifically, Maxim has cited you on Garthûn's Imports to split your considerable share of benefits from last adventure.

The business has paid well, and you are already walking your way back home through Magma Avenue Northwest, the most commercial area in Cauldron. The flood season has come to an end, and despite the well-maintained cobblestone is still wet on its base, the sun is shinning and people is buying happily from store to store.

Perception:

JJ (+2 humans): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Kikinnin (+2 stones): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Marigold: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Maxim (+2 stones): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Juraan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Ryan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

While chatting among the mix of small shops and larger mercantile warehouses JJ, Maxim and Ryan suddenly stop. They have heard a low rumble forewarning of trouble ahead.
You three have a standard action surprise round

Just next, the rumble becomes terribly loud and clear for everyone as a relentless juggernaut emerges from a collapsing warehouse, one of Maavu's warehouses. The large creature has two sets of eyes, one pair of large multifaceted eyes on the sides of the head, and another smaller, uncannily humanoid pair of eyes in the center of the face that glow with a bright coruscating light.

The people around start to shout in terror.

Initiative:

JJ: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Kikinnin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Marigold: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Maxim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Juraan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Ryan: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Foes: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Crowds: 0 = 0

Surprise round: Ryan, JJ, Maxim
Round 1: Ryan, Foe, JJ, Maxim, Juraan, Kikinnin, Marigold, Crowds


Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

@ GM Rusteg: Would we all be considered to be equipped with our usual gear?


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Would think yes - but Maxim will be packing spells for crafting etc, rather than adventuring.

Surprise Round

As the monstrous brute emerges, Maxim instinctively draws his pistol (Move Action) with a curse;

"Hell's Teeth, what in tarnation is that?!"

@GM-R: Applicable Knowledge check to identify?


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Yes, you carry your usual equipment, Cauldron has not been the safest of places as of late.
Dungeoning and planes might give different information


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

panes: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

Surprise Round

As the creature comes lumbering out of Maavu's warehouse, Ryan grabs his mace, shrugging his shield down off his shoulder in place.

Round 1

"Abadar grant me strength, for this looks to be a mighty foe."

Feeling the strength growing in him, Ryan calls out to the people on the street "Clear the streets now! Go home!" encouraging those who were standing around watching the creature.

casting bulls strength


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Maxim:

You do know this is an aberration of the Darklands. They usually hunt their prey after waiting for them behind solid ground or walls, profiting their burrow capabilities and because these creatures do not need to see, they termosense.

The most terrible thing is their confusing gaze, which affects everyone around 30 feet of them.

They have good fortitude and will but bad reflexes.

JJ:

You do feel some fiendish taint in the creature. Is that perhaps what Celeste was referring?

Anyway, you have read on your recent access to the Bluecrater Academy that creatures affected by fiendish taint have some resistance to acid and cold, resistance to spells, and their skin is strengthened reducing damage against non good weapons. The most dangerous, their ability to smite one good person a day.

Maxim quickly readies his gun as a reaction to the tremble.

Ryan and JJ also quickly react reading their weapons. Then, Ryan casts a spell strengthening his muscles. He attempts to direct some words to the crowd but he is too distracted by his casting.
You can attempt a Diplomacy roll to guide the crowd, but it is a full round and only directs one of the three crowds

After destroying the wall it has come out from, the creature continues bashing the warehouse, fully collapsing the structure and creating a mass of rubble around.

Ryan: bull's strength 4 min
Round 1: Foe, JJ, Maxim, Juraan, Kikinnin, Marigold, Crowds, Ryan


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

Gotcha, missed the fact the red squares were crowd groups we were trying to clear out, the post was fluff to fill out after casting the spell.


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Marigold's Round 1

Marigold gapes with amazement and horror as the strange beast finishes smashing its way out of the building down the street.

What in the world!? Where'd it come from!?

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Seeing her companions girding themselves for battle she follows suit, drawing her morningstar and calling on Sarenrae's blessing for them all.
_______

Marigold draws her weapon and casts Bless for the party!


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

"I smell the taint of the lower planes on this one!" cries out JJ as he runs forward.

"Resistant to cold, acid and spells, they are only really vulnerable to blessed weapons."


Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

Round 1
Juraan moves up (diagonally) and casts a spell:
« ערלעכקייט בויגן » terran: "gravity bow"
On his own longbow, of course


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Round 1(not counting Marigold's Bless as I'm ahead in the initiative order)

Maxim bellows a warning to add to JJ's;

"Beast hails from the Darklands - it is hardy but darn sluggish! Ware its gaze!"

The gun-mage loads his pistol with shot and powder (Standard Action), then moves toward the creature (20ft Move)


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 1

Emboldened by his group's numbers, Kikinnin tries to clear as much distance as he can to the offending creature. Run- 4x movement, for a whopping 80' gain, unable to access map, at present.

"Heyap! Here, you big lummox!! Hoooyap!!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Marigold:
You do know this is an aberration of the Darklands. They usually hunt their prey after waiting for them behind solid ground or walls, profiting their burrow capabilities and because these creatures do not need to see, they termosense.

The most terrible thing is their confusing gaze, which affects everyone around 30 feet of them.

They have good fortitude and will but bad reflexes.

Marigold baths the party with Serenrae's blessing.

JJ runs forward followed by Kikikinnin. Maxim follows close while readying his gun.

Juraan cast an spell, his bow glowing with a blue light for a second.

The closest people start to run pushing one another in terror. They end up going over poor Ryan.
Overrun vs CMD 18: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
He is knocked down and multiple people step over him.
You can move out of the crowd at half speed

The crowds around the Umber Hulk seem confused and they seem to battle without knowing exactly where to go. They remain at place.

The Umber Hulk moves to the next building and starts to smash it, ruining one of the walls, the structure menaces to collapse soon too!

As JJ and Kikinnin go down the avenue, they realize Beppo, the fruit seller, at the parallel avenue stubbornly trying to push his cart full of fruits. It just slightly moves due to the heavy cargo.

Ryan: 37/40 hp, bull's strength 4 min
Round 2: Ryan, Umber Hulk, JJ, Maxim, Juraan, Kikinnin (x2), Marigold, Crowds
Round 3: Ryan, Foe
@Ryan, you can roll your round 3 action too in addition to round 2.


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Round 2 - Boons/Conditions: Bless (+1 attacks & +1 fear saves)

Seeing the crowds spill onto the streets Maxim realises he needs to be more mobile than his dwur legs will allow.

Scowling he halts and utters an incantation;

"Dagvaarden Rijpaard!"

Gnome:

Summon Mount!

Full round action - Cast Mount to summon a Celestal Pony


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

"Run Beeper." shouts JJ.

He diverts toward the cart, helping the fruit seller to get his wares clear, as it looks like he won't move without them.

STr: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

"Just run, come back for the cart if you want."


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

After Ryan makes his way out of the crowd, GM, using 1 use of Agile Feet to clear the mob,Ryan runs forward following JJ and Kikinnin. Getting closer Ryan takes another look and whispers the words to a new spell he'd been granted, it came in handy working around weakened wall from the flooding.

cast Shield of Faith +2 deflection bonus, AC21 for 4 minutes


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

"ಇದು ಚಲನೆಗಳನ್ನು ನೆಲದ ಮೂಲಕ ಅನುಭವಿಸಬಹುದು! ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಚಳುವಳಿಗಳು ಎಲ್ಲಿಯಾದರೂ ಅದನ್ನು ಅನುಸರಿಸಲು ಹೋಗುತ್ತಿವೆ! ಅದನ್ನು ಗಮನಿಸಲು ಪ್ರಯತ್ನಿಸಿ!" Marigold bellows as she races up the street behind Kikinnin.

Celestial:

"It can feel movements through the ground! It's going to follow wherever the most movements are! Try to distract it!"

______

Marigold double-moves up the street!


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 2

Status:

AC = 22
HP = 54/54
Weapon Equipped = MW Dwarven Greataxe
Condition(s) = Bless

Kikinnin slows his roll, watching Ryan get mowed over, he steers towards the opposite building, readying himself to confront the beast, if he doesn't have anything to interfere with his charging lane. Double Move, 40'.

"Beppo, you're unwise if you keep struggling with that cart of yours. Can you not see the creature's forearms? Snap your neck, if you stick around. You can always grow more fruit. Can't grow yourself a new head."


Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

Round 2
Juraan moves up (just by Marigold) and shoots an arrow at the creature:
long thorn (+1 comp longbow, with gravity bow and bless): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3) + 2 = 11


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Ryan stands up and moves towards the beast.

Maxim starts casting a spell.

JJ joins his strength to that one of Beppo. It seems the fruit cart starts to move slightly faster, thanks to the impressive strength of JJ.
This works combining your heavy load capacity, no checks are needed
"No way! This is all my life and a beast of whom knows will not ruin it every time this city is in danger!" yells the seller stubbornly without stopping pushing the wheeled cart.

Marigold too moves fast through the avenue trying to reach the others.

Kikinnin follows swift while yelling at Beppo. The seller responds with a sneeze and keeps pushing the cart.

The closer crowd keeps running down the avenue, dispersing on the different alleys.

The other too closer to the Umber Hulk, seems undecided to what place to run, or perhaps they cannot because some people in there are fighting each other, while others try to push in incoherent different directions.

With JJ's help, Beppo and the young boy start moving the cart down the avenue much faster than before!

1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Up to eight members of the city watch appear from the other side of the avenue, armed with halberds, shortswords and shortbows, as well as dressing the traditional emblazoned breastplate of the watch. You do recognise Dondarrion leading the assault!

Rolls:

Regulars: 7d20 ⇒ (2, 6, 6, 14, 4, 13, 13) = 58
Dondarrion: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Confusion: 8d100 ⇒ (68, 5, 75, 25, 30, 94, 39, 33) = 369

Self damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Self damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Two of the guards start hitting themselves with the halberd until their heads bleed.

Another guard charges in and attempts to stab his halberd on the Umber Hulk!
Halberd charge: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 2 = 12
But the weapon is deflected by the thick armor of the cloistered beast!

One guard turns to the side and attempts to stab his halberd on a guard companion!
Halberd: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
But it hits his companions breastplate without effect.

The other two guards and Dondarrion bubble incoherently and rest on place doing nothing.

The Umber Hulk ignores the guards and keeps hitting claw after claw on the warehouse until it is reduced to dust and rubble with a tremendous collapsing noise.

Ryan keeps moving, then casts a spell, his shield strengthening with his pure faith.

As Maxim completes his spell, a brown and white pony appears just next to him!

Those of you at 30' from the Umber Hulk, must roll a Will (mind-affecting) DC 17 against its confusing gaze.
Those who know about the gaze (Marigold and Maxim, and properly informed others might do it next rounds) can decide to close your eyes, or avert them (50% probability to need a roll).

Guard 1: 9 damage
Guard 3: 7 damage
Ryan: 37/40 hp, bull's strength 4 min
Round 3: Umber Hulk, JJ, Maxim, Juraan, Kikinnin, Marigold, Crowds, Beppo, City Guard
Round 4: Ryan


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

Is Beppo safe now?

4,551 to 4,600 of 10,419 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [AP] The Shackled City by GM Rutseg - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.