The Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master GM Red

Initiative:

[dice=D]1d20+15[/dice
[dice=Gallix]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Mr P]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Uesugi]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Sirettis]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Cup]1d20+5[/dice


7,851 to 7,900 of 8,748 << first < prev | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

Gallix moves across the floor of the library chamber, drawing his bow as he gets into position, then draws back and arrow and fires at Charvion.

Composite Longbow (+4): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

D. fires off two dark side bolts at the flying sorcerer.

Rt, overflow, burn bonus: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 1 + 3 = 21 Negative energy, overflow, burn bonus: 5d6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (2, 6, 6, 3, 2) + 2 + 6 = 27

Rt, overflow, burn bonus: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 + 3 = 21 Negative energy, overflow, burn bonus: 5d6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6, 6, 3) + 2 + 6 = 30

Weighing infusion on both blasts.

The Exchange

Misfortune:
Large Magical Beast/ HP 68 - AC 26, T 13, FF 22( DR5/Evil, 10 vs Cold/Elec/Acid) / F +10, R +10, W +4 (SR14)/ CMD 28, CMB +14/ Per +7(LL/DV), Init +4, Move 40ft
Unc Barb 9, HP113/113 - AC 24, T 14, FF 21/ F +12, R +8, W +8/ CMD 28, CMB +14/ Per +19(Dk Vis), Init +6, Move 40ft

i missed that line.

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight
Grim Dougal wrote:

i missed that line.

Perhaps it won't matter if D anchors him down to the ground anyhow. I'm cheering for that crit!

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

Pulling out his yumi Uesugi lets off an arrow.

comp long bow: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)
DR. Pepper wrote:
Perhaps it won't matter if D anchors him down to the ground anyhow.

Magical flight, i'm unsure if that will work. :o

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Can't find any reason why not, so...

Not only is Charivon blasted with negative energy, but he quickly plummets into the ground below as his weight suddenly doubles.
Falling: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

The wizard's bones shatter, and then Grim charges at him and gouges him through his heart. Charivon is still afterwards. Except, there's a loud hum, and many more Charivons begin flickering back into existence...

Groan, that was easy... but there's more to come, one moment please!

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

Oh boy! Are we gonna have another Sky Key Solution moment here? Time to smack some simulacra!

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers looks on with a curious eye "That was far too easy... something is going on here.." A wasted spell on my part too, not many left to waste.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
K Arcana: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

"I did want to interrogate him." Sirettis watches the slaughter with disinterest. "But it seems I will have another chance..."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

"You'll have another chance to die, fool!" Another Charvion laughs, then leaps to attack you!

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Initiative:

D: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
Gallix: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Mr P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Uesugi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Sirettis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Grim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Charvion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

In a twisted reimagining of The Red Arm of Absalom's inaugural adventure, a Charvion clone reforms at ground level. The sorcerer throws his head back laughs maniacally. "Your efforts are in vain. Kill one clone and another appears! Accept your fate and die!"

Combat Map

-- Bold is up --
D., Grim, Sirettis, Uesugi, Gallix
Charvion
Mr. Peppers

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

Sirettis uses her Flight hex to approach Charvion. "Of course, of course. Unlimited clones, yes. Now go to sleep so we may crush the next clone."

Will Save DC 21 to resist.

The Exchange

Misfortune:
Large Magical Beast/ HP 68 - AC 26, T 13, FF 22( DR5/Evil, 10 vs Cold/Elec/Acid) / F +10, R +10, W +4 (SR14)/ CMD 28, CMB +14/ Per +7(LL/DV), Init +4, Move 40ft
Unc Barb 9, HP113/113 - AC 24, T 14, FF 21/ F +12, R +8, W +8/ CMD 28, CMB +14/ Per +19(Dk Vis), Init +6, Move 40ft

how are you ruling smite? Do you need to smite figments individually or are they all ‘charvion’

Misfortune pounces!

Bite 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
(Grab) 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37
Damage 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Claw 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Claw 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Claw 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Claw 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

***

Grim repositions and hacks away.

Outflank/PA/Rage
Attack 1d20 + 16 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 16 + 4 + 2 = 24
Damage 2d4 + 7 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 7 + 9 + 2 = 23

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

Painful memories come back as Uesugi watches a clone of the wu jen forms close to him.

will wait to see if sleeps hoes then CDG him...man been longtime since I got to tru that

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

"Man, you don't even know how screwed you are! This group was born based on the wholesale destruction of clones! Tell ya what. If you see Arodeth in Hell, tell her we said hi."

Hold action to see if Sleep and CDG goes off. If Charvion stays up, then the following occurs:
10ft step; Brawler's Flurry, Mutagen, Outslug Style, Lunge all in effect.
AC27 from Natural Armor/Outslug this turn.

Flurry AdCestus, Mutagen: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21 Damage, Mutagen, Outslug; Shock: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 131d6 ⇒ 5
Flurry MCestus, Mutagen: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21 Damage, Mutagen, Outslug: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 16
Flurry AdCestus, Mutagen: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11 Damage, Mutagen, Outslug; Shock: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 171d6 ⇒ 3
Flurry MCestus, Mutagen: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18 Damage, Mutagen, Outslug: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 20

Do we have any other long-term buffs up that I'm forgetting? Just want to make sure I'm accounting for everything.

Grand Lodge

Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

With each defeated copy, the remaining Charvions seem to fade a little, as if each copy contained a portion of himself.

GMs, Code White is in effect.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight
Gorgeous Gallix Granbonne wrote:
"Man, you don't even know how screwed you are! This group was born based on the wholesale destruction of clones! Tell ya what. If you see Arodeth in Hell, tell her we said hi."

"To be fair, I believe Arodeth did have a bit of a redemption at the end of things. Perhaps her layer of Hell isn't as deep as it once was expected to be." Remembers tall, dark and handsome as he debates his next move on this renewing battle.

Perhaps I should return to my trusty wand from that fight years ago. It does still have a little juice left in it...

I have 10 rounds left in that MM gun. I'm pretty sure that one special used over half of it.

Grand Lodge

Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

As the tide of battle swings firmly against him, Charvion’s power continues to fade. His strikes seem suddenly less potent, a growing desperation apparent on his many faces.

GMs, Code Gray is in effect.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

@Grim: They're all Charvion. You'll only be fighting one at a time.

Will Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Charvion's cocky rambling turns to mumbling and then to a snore as the sorcerer falls to his knees and takes a nap.

Out of combat. CDG?

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

Uesugi plunges his blade into the first of many clones
snikt!

cdg damage: 2d8 + 10 + 12 ⇒ (6, 2) + 10 + 12 = 30

DC 42 Fort save

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Fort Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Uesugi grabs his blade in both fists and plunges it down into Charvion's skull, instantly killing him.

Going to report it, one moment...

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

"Next."

Grand Lodge

Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

In a mighty burst of light, all remaining copies of the Pathfinder Charvion Eater-of-Bones merge back into one form. Charvion, his mouth open and his eyes wide, shrieks in horror as his recombined form is sucked back through the door into the room with the Cage of Soul Echoes, which suddenly hums with a ground-shaking energy. You see Charvion, caught for one moment on the edge of the light’s eclipse, his hands wrapped around the cage itself, mouth the words, “Help me!” before a second burst of light envelopes his body, pulling the Pathfinder out of existence. As suddenly as it began, the room goes dark and silent, and Charvion is no more.

Studying the Cage of Soul Echoes in the aftermath of the attack, Pathfinder scholars surmise that when he was sucked through the device Charvion was torn to a million pieces, his soul shattered and forever unrecoverable. Because of his foolish errand, however, the Pathfinder Society knows finally, unequivocally, that the Shadow Lodge is real and the entire Society is in danger.

Victory! The adventure has come to a conclusion. Thank you players for participating, and thank you table GMs for all your hard work. GMs, please check the GM thread for reporting instructions.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

D. quietly watches as the copies gets finished off, before the remainder of copies get sucked back into one form.

As the scene of the man's demise unfolds, D. can't help but make a sinister pun.

"How did you westerners put it..... 'that sucked for him' ?"

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Misfortune:
Large Magical Beast/ HP 68 - AC 26, T 13, FF 22( DR5/Evil, 10 vs Cold/Elec/Acid) / F +10, R +10, W +4 (SR14)/ CMD 28, CMB +14/ Per +7(LL/DV), Init +4, Move 40ft
Unc Barb 9, HP113/113 - AC 24, T 14, FF 21/ F +12, R +8, W +8/ CMD 28, CMB +14/ Per +19(Dk Vis), Init +6, Move 40ft

"Eater of bones, didn't even leave a bone for Misfortune to chew on"

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers nods towards Sir D's assessment "His skills were not up to task apparently. A proper mage would know to not mess with an artifact until they were."

With a smile he turns to Grim and his kitty "There is a rather large dragon just outside that could provide plenty of snacks for your feline." As he finishes his statement he notices a couple tufts of fur clinging to his robes. What's next, a hair ball?

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

"Speaking of dragon carcasses, couldn't we turn its hide or claws into anything useful?
A dragon hide coat would be pretty bad ass, as you'd put it."

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

"You wouldn't catch me wearing something that tacky, but it sounds right up Gallix's alley." He gives a sly wink at the easterner.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

"Oh hells yes, I would wear a dragon-hide cloak! Or armor! Or maybe just use some its smaller fangs on one of my cesti..." Gallix carries on like this for quite a while, describing all the awesome ways he would put the dragon's remains to use in making himself look even more awesome.

Finally, the brawler runs out of ideas for the moment, so he instead turns to Grim. "Hey man! It was great fighting alongside you! You and Misfortune make quite the team. If there's one thing I've learned as a Pathfinder, it's that having a great team around you can make all the difference in your life." He looks back over his shoulder toward his fellow Red Arm members, then returns his gaze to the mighty barbarian. "Anyway, if you ever wanna join us for another mission, we'd be glad to have you! Hopefully next time we won't run into so many annoying flying enemies! Haha!"

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

"No flying enemies. Only flying allies." Sirettis hovers and watches Charvion bite off more than he can chew. "He was so eager to speak to the souls of the dead. Now no one can speak to him."

She lands in front of Gallix, a bit stern. "Remember Mister Gallix. Lady Arodeth was our opponent, but faced her death with dignity. When she realized the price of her actions, she asked us for forgiveness. I doubt she and Charvion will be on the same plane of the afterlife. Certainly not in Hell."

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

Uesugi just watches on as Charvion dies alone without those that he so trusted he was willing to give up his own life for. His heart grows sad at the mention of Lady Arodeth. He still wore the necklace she had given him so many moons ago.

He could understand the sacrifices that both Charvion and Arodeth had made, but clearly when the last breath escaped their lips they must have seen the folly of their actions. That their cause so just in their eyes held no true honour. Looking at his companions he knew when he died it would be surrounded by family. And there was nothing more honourable then to sacrifice your own life for your family.

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers nods at Gallix as he extends the invitation to Grim "To be truthful this is the first time in quite a while we've fought foes more along my line of speciality.. flying or large numbers. Typically I feel more like a wand of haste than a useful member of the team. I'm sorry your timing was poor in that regard."

But it sure felt nice to roast some goblins and blow up some dragons!

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Misfortune:
Large Magical Beast/ HP 68 - AC 26, T 13, FF 22( DR5/Evil, 10 vs Cold/Elec/Acid) / F +10, R +10, W +4 (SR14)/ CMD 28, CMB +14/ Per +7(LL/DV), Init +4, Move 40ft
Unc Barb 9, HP113/113 - AC 24, T 14, FF 21/ F +12, R +8, W +8/ CMD 28, CMB +14/ Per +19(Dk Vis), Init +6, Move 40ft
Mr. Peppers wrote:


With a smile he turns to Grim and his kitty "There is a rather large dragon just outside that could provide plenty of snacks for your feline."

Grim strokes his jaw in thought for a moment, then smiles - "Anyone know how to make jerky?"

Dark Archive

4 people marked this as a favorite.
[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

After the commotion had died down, the removal of a huge dragon corpse was underway in Absalom.

D. had inquired about its place of disposal, yet was told there would be a large number of alchemists and wizards who wanted to claim parts of the beast for reagents in their concoctions and potions.

D. discretely 'borrowed' some funding from nearby rowdy troublemakers, and with it, persuaded the soldiers at site to let him take some before the researchers would arrive.

With an assortment of dragon claws, scales and spines from its back, safely in a large crate, D. went home, and started looking for a taxidermist of skill.

It took him a day, but he found one who was quite eager to work on an actual dragon's head. Thus over the course of the week, D. had acquired a fine piece with which he could decorate a wall in the living room of his estate.

Each of the Red Arm, and Grim as well, got a small package, within they find a small talisman with an eastern design and a note, finely crafted from the tip of a dragon's claw.

May it serve as a good fortune token in the future to come, and proof of the value of our unified talents.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

You are summoned by Venture-Captain Amara Li to the Lantern Lodge in Goka, a city-state on the western coast of Tian Xia. After arriving, you are ushered into a meeting room adjacent to the lodge's well-stocked library.

A table of polished teakwood dominates the middle of this room. Around it sits a number of padded chairs. A handsome Tian woman, dressed in a simple silk dress, sits at the head of the table.

"I am Amara Li," she says softly after gesturing for the newcomers to sit. “Thank you for coming, Pathfinders. "As I’m sure you know, the society came into possession of the now infamous Hao Jin Tapestry after winning the Ruby Phoenix Tournament last year. This magical tapestry contains a demiplane, one in which the ancient sorcerer Hao Jin placed a vast collection of treasures and magical wonders. The Society has been sending Pathfinder teams into the demiplane for months, mapping its locations and cataloging a staggering number of incredible finds.

"During the course of these expeditions, we uncovered a secret entrance—backdoor, if you will—that links the tapestry with a site in distant Varisia. Aspis Consortium agents bent on plundering the demiplane secretly exploited this entry point. However, thanks to a daring band of Pathfinders, the Society took control of the Varisian entrance.

"We hoped to use the tapestry as an instantaneous method of traveling between Absalom and Varisia, but the route to Varisia is currently only one-way. The Decemvirate wants to change this.”

Amara pauses as the Temple of Abadar’s bells mark the midday hour. As the twelfth bell sounds, a thin, middle-aged Keleshite man appears out of nowhere standing next to her, carrying what appears to be a rolled-up rug over one shoulder.

“Greetings,” he says sharply. “I am Aram Zey, and this—,” he says as he unrolls the rug and attaches it to the wall, “—is the Hao Jin Tapestry.”

“As the venture-captain was saying, the Society needs the link between Absalom and Varisia to work in both directions. I believe it’s possible to reattune the tapestry by accessing a site called the Sacred Shrine of Abadar at the very heart of the demiplane. After much research, I believe that the instructions are documented in a tome called the Abysium Codex. With it, you should be able to reattune the tapestry and allow us to travel to and from Absalom and Varisia at will. After we’ve achieved that, we can establish our own permanent portals in points all over Golarion where we need quick access to. Just imagine having rapid, two-way travel from wherever the tapestry is held to points all over the world.

"First thing’s first: we need you to retrieve the Abysium Codex,” interjects Amara Li. “You’ll find it in the possession of a woman named Shadow Orchid, who operates a bookshop called the Learned Crane here in Goka. But be wary, Pathfinders. Though Shadow Orchid is very old and feeble, she is a former Xun assassin—a master of the art of murder."

The Concordance

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Pepper's eyes go wide and an obvious smile parts his lips FINALLY Something other than rescue this, or find whom has gone missing... real arcane work is to be done!

"We accept." He quickly blurts out before anyone can make even an attempt at refusal or rebuttal to the contrary.

"I was looking forward to spending significant time in your library, but I suppose that must wait until we return." His smile starts to fade at the thought but he presses on.

"How would we recognize this Abysium Codex, as well as its keeper? If she is as skilled as you say then surely she doesn't wear a name tag, nor keep the tome in the front window of her shoppe..." Setting up our own portals across the continent? Traveling inside a demiplane? This is too good to be true.

The Exchange

M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

Frowning, Stali says “It seems strange to me that you would use a temple of Abadar to connect when it is Alseta who is the goddess of doorways and transitions.” As he says this, he shows a holy symbol that he has with him.

Is there any possibility that opening the passage in the wrong direction could damage it?

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

"Yet another hunt for forbidden power." Sirettis frowns as she plays with Isa, in the back of the room. "Teleportation is never aa easy as it seems. I am lucky I teleported to a similar-looking library once. What if we try to go to Varisia and it sends us to a different continent?"

In the rush for power, many forget to read the fine print. Sirettis spent her free time helping the poor and needy of Absalom. Also she knew this kind of thankless altruism annoyed Lady Capernia.

"So we have to speak to a master assassin about a book. If we are lucky she will ask us to perform some unspeakable task. If we are not, she will try to kill us on the spot." Sirettis shakes her head. "This all seems very foolish."

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Amara Li rolls her eyes. "Of course she would not wear a name tag. The Abysium Codex is a heavy tome with pages made from sheets of hammered abysium, a blue-green skymetal known for its mystical properties. Not your typical library book. Be cautious, and try to limit direct contact with the book, for abysium has been known to sicken those who have prolonged exposure with the substance."

"As for the Shadow Orchid, she's a female elf and a Xun assassin. She once was a notorious assassin of the Golden League, though she’s been retired for over a century. The Xun are tattooed assassins. That's about all I can say of her physical appearance."

Aram Zey chimes in. "Damage it? Possibly. But a valid point, and another reason why we should retrieve the Codex and reattune the tapestry before the Consortium reaches the shrine and has their own way with it."

The Exchange

M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

Stali cocks his head slightly to the side for a moment in thought, then straightens it and responds “True, Aspis seldom care about preserving anything other than their wealth and power.

Guess I will have to depend on Sirettis and Mr, Peppers to be careful and check things before proceeding.

I gather then that the Aspis have plans of their own for our tapestry? Do we know anything about who is running their side of the operation or exactly what their plans are?

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

"I wonder," Gallix chimes in as he adjusts the straps on his cesti, "Do we have some way to secure the Tapestry's power? It seems dangerous to open all these portals to far flung locations across Golarion when a group as bad as the Aspis could take advantage of it to spread their filth across the world. Not to mention if some one like Cheliax got a hold of it! They could march their armies of jack-booted devil-loving sulfur-farting morons across the world and bring everybody under dear old Asmodeus's reign!"

Gallix looks visibly upset at the thought of Chelish armies spreading the evil nation's influence across the world, despite it being his birthplace. His face has grown flushed and his voice hard and loud as he is lost in his revery of distaste for his home nation. He quickly calms himself, though, and goes on speaking with his bosses.

"I guess we don't get much say in those kinds of matters, though," he says with a shrug. "So then how should we go about obtaining the Codex from the killer old lady? Do we pay her (with money you provide), or are we going for more...aggressive negotiations?"

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

"I hope that with our diplomatic reasoning, coupled with a healthy Society 'honorarium', we could buy or even lease this magical tome?" He says with a glimmer of hope in his eye.

K vs abysium. Self safety, etc?: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Not sure on what check that would be exactly... so I don't know what mods to add yet.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆
Stali wrote:
“I gather then that the Aspis have plans of their own for our tapestry? Do we know anything about who is running their side of the operation or exactly what their plans are?”

"Not quite," Amara sighs. "But considering they plundered the demiplane that linked the tapestry to Varisia before we took control of it, I can only assume it would be more of the same with other locations. At the very least."

Gallix wrote:
"Do we have some way to secure the Tapestry's power?"

"The Codex won't just activate and start popping open portals just by picking it up," Aram Zey holds a finger up. "The ritual needs to be deciphered, and I can help with that once you bring it back here. If you speak Tien or are particularly good with books," he looks sidelong at Mr. Peppers, "You may be able to help me. Will it be completely safe? Probably not." He shuts his eyes. "But you're Pathfinders, not writers of children's picture books."

Gallix/Mr. Peppers wrote:
"So then how should we go about obtaining the Codex from the killer old lady? Do we pay her (with money you provide), or are we going for more...aggressive negotiations?"

"If you have to be aggressive, do so. If she asks for money, try and reason with her. If you have to pay," Amara replies. "I suppose we can reimburse you. Just don't go and offer her one million platinum or anything."

Mr. Peppers knows the Abysium Codex should be handled with care. Just touching pure abysium could cause one to become ill.

The Exchange

M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

Looking towards Mr. Peppers, Stali asks “How much protection does handling the Codex require? Do we need tongs, or is wearing gloves enough?

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

Gallix points toward D. "I think we'll be alright, Stali."

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

Ah, it is good to be back in Tian Xia.
The western kitchen satisfies the senses but so much.

Perhaps D. Has heard of the Xun before/past run-ins, during his offtime work?

Profession covert agent: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

*strokes his 'stache*, as Gallix points to him when the tome is discussed.

"That will be trivial. None of us need touch it."

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

"Abysium alone is valuable and touching it can make you sick. It would be best for all of us if D lifts it with his powers, it would be far too heavy to lift with my simple mage hand spell." He returns the sideways look back to Zey Damn right I'm going to help decipher an ancient, powerful arcane tome!

"If we begin tomorrow I can set my spells as would be most appropriate? Or is this another one of those 'we need to rush into things so the prepared caster is left 'unprepared'' type of situations?" He asks with more than a hint of annoyance at Society protocol.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

D. has heard of the Xun. They are the tattooed assassins and soldiers of the Golden League—remorseless specialists in murder and intrigue. Their tattoos depict all manner of mythical monsters, and it’s said that when a Xun dies, she immediately reincarnates as the creature painted on her body.

Amara looks down on Mr. Peppers. "First the name tag comment, now this? Cooperate, remember? You must proceed with haste!" She commands.

Sounds like that's it, so I'm gonna move us on. Sorry Peps, the Aspis wait for no one :P

____

Shadow Orchid’s bookshop, the Learned Crane, is a threestory stone building located at the end of a long, twisting alleyway in the heart of Goka. A simple wooden sign over the door reads 稀有书籍 in Tien under a silhouette of a crane standing atop an open book.

Tien:
Rare Books

Enter, or something else?

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

"We will retrieve this relic as soon as possible. We trust you will know how to take care of it." Sirettis tries to keep her cool as they leave, but her hair is doing most of the moving.

---

At the shop, Sirettis coats herself in Mage Armor and casts Comprehend Languages. "I did prepare Telepathic Bond today. I suggest Sir Stali, Sir D and Mister Peppers participate in the spell before we enter. We must keep our eyes, ears and minds open."

7,851 to 7,900 of 8,748 << first < prev | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.