The Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master GM Red

Initiative:

[dice=D]1d20+15[/dice
[dice=Gallix]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Mr P]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Uesugi]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Sirettis]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Cup]1d20+5[/dice


7,151 to 7,200 of 8,748 << first < prev | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

Gallix charges in, dancing in between the crowd of librarians on his enchanted shoes. When he finally reaches the pair of Black Echelon operatives, he pulls back his right fist as he takes a half-step back, then twists into his punch as he throws his full weight into a blow directed straight at the undead warrior's face.

Move and attack with Combat Expertise. Feather step slippers allow me to ignore difficult terrain.
AC26 this round with combat expertise.

AdCestus, Combat Exp: 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 14 - 3 = 24 Damage; Shock: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d6 ⇒ 5

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

The blue skeleton practically vaporizes into a fine dusty mist thanks to D. Gallix slams the red one with his +2 electric glove of face smashing. Its jaw shatters.

Green approaches provokes from Gallix and slices another librarian down with its sickle!

"Ahh! Stop them! I don't wanna die!"

Combat Map

-- Bold is up --
Red (-14)
Gallix, D.
Green
Sirettis, Mr. Peppers, Uesugi, Stali
Pink
Librarians (-3)

Active Special Conditions:

Summarized on Slide 2!
The Exchange Condition: At the beginning of one encounter, the PCs can activate this benefit to treat the enhancement bonuses of all their weapons as 2 higher for the duration of the encounter. Treat the effective enhancement bonus of mundane weapons as +0.

Liberty's Edge Condition: When the Overseer GM announces that the Liberty’s Edge objective is fulfilled, freed slaves cast off their chains to join Absalom’s defense. At the beginning of one encounter, the PCs can activate this benefit to increase their land speed by 10 feet for the duration of the encounter

Silver Crusade Condition: The faithful of Sarenrae return to Absalom in force to heal embattled defenders’ wounds. The group gains one free use of the Aid Token’s Burst of Healing benefit that the PCs can activate at their discretion

Sovereign Court Condition: members of Absalom’s nobility rally the defenders and direct their household guards to shore up key areas. The group gains one free use of the Aid Token’s Timely Inspiration benefit that the PCs can activate at their discretion.

Grand Lodge Condition: Absalom’s flag rises over Fort Tempest and emboldens the city’s defenders. At the beginning of one encounter, the PCs can activate this benefit to gain a number of temporary hit points equal to three times their APL (minimum 6 temporary hit points); these last until the end of the encounter.

Dark Archive Condition: Pathfinder agents begin broadcasting illuminated signals that confuse the Black Echelon agents. Once during the adventure, the PCs can activate this benefit grant all undead creatures present the confused condition for 1 round. If an undead creature confused in this way attacks a PC, it takes a penalty on its attack rolls equal to half the group’s APL.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

Sirettis enters the crowd and tries to calm them down. "Please, come this way."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

I have no idea if this check will work.

The Exchange

M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

Stali runs through the librarians and runs along the bannister to get past Green, leaping behind it.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35 Tumble through Green
Double move, even with the tumbling and difficult terrain I believe it is within 60’

Grand Lodge

Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

A cacophonous cloud of debris and dust rises from the Precipice Quarter following the Scarab Sages’ activation ritual. An immense suit of animated plate armor rises from the wreckage, towers over the surrounding buildings, and declares in a metallic voice, “Gulgamodh stands ready.”

Table GMs, the Scarab Sages special condition on page 10 is in effect.

Grand Lodge

Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

Having dealt with the chaos that ensued from the Black Echelon’s attack, the Pathfinders return to the Grand Lodge. You can boost any Aid Token in your possession once, and this is an excellent opportunity to pass it to another group.

-----End Part 2-----

The sound of brass signal horns echoes across Absalom, warning the city that the enemy onslaught has begun. Sergeants of the First Guard shout warnings to attend the walls, when suddenly a second warning sounds. A messenger brings news of a second attack: “An enemy fleet is approaching from the south!” A strange mist is rising in the Flotsam Graveyard, and dozens of ships with tattered sails approach Absalom’s harbor with long-dead marines on board.

Back at the Grand Lodge, Master of Swords Marcos Farabellus addresses the Pathfinders: “You and the factions you represent have greatly helped our city; however, the worst is still to come, and Absalom needs our help! We must fight the enemy on land and at sea. Those of you who choose to bolster Absalom’s defenses against the demon-flesh army attacking from the Cairnlands to the north, report to Captain of the First Guard, Rothos of House Vastille. Those of you who choose to fight the undead armada, report to Captain Sevana Kinhan of the Wave Riders.”

Table GMs, Part 3 has begun.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

In the distance, a brass horn sounds a warning signal. A moment later, a Captain of the First Guard shouts for her force to ready for impact—a command that guards relay up and down the wall. A dark swarm of thousands of strangely misshapen creatures charges, throwing themselves against the stone walls and clambering over each other to reach the top. Despite many volleys of arrows raining down and boiling oil poured on them, the stubborn fiend-flesh creatures press on. In multiple places along the ramparts, soldiers of the First Guard have to draw their swords and engage the creatures in melee. Here and there, groups of nightmarish creatures spill through the line of defense.

The first wave of the demonic army crashes against the northeastern walls Absalom, which protect the upscale Petal District. Despite the First Guard’s stalwart defense, small groups of the creatures stubbornly manage to slip onto the wall. Stop them!

Initiative:

D: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Gallix: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Mr P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Uesugi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Sirettis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Stali: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
White: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Yellow: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1
Green: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (5) - 3 = 2

Combat Map

Kn (Nature) DC 13 on Yellow/Green, Kn (Arcana) DC 16 on White/Blue. Hey look, it's this map again!

The bloody creature stiffens its body, and it gains the appearance of a human whose skin has been stripped clean.

-- Bold is up --
D., Sirettis, Uesugi, Gallix, Mr. Peppers, Stali
White, Yellow, Green

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

Sirettis heals as many surviving librarians as she can before bidding them goodbye.
Sirettis activates her Mage Armor on the way over to the wall.

K Nature: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
K Arcana: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Sirettis wants to know about their immunities and any special attacks they possess.
With Yellow and Green, she also wants to know about their best Saving Throw.

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

Kn (nature), bardic: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Resistances, Weaknesses
Kn (arcana), bardic: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

"Well, Peps," Gallix says as he pulls his mutagen and slips the thin red cigarette between his lips, "If ya got something to jump us up, now's the time."

Delay until after Mr. Peppers in case he has some buffing he wants to do, then lighting up the mutagen and moving.

The Exchange

M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

Kn: Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Well, at least I get the name of the Yellow/Green creatures.

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

@GM Red Since we are defending the walls of the city Uesugi would like to have Yurei with him

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers looks around at their current situation for defending the walls "I feel like we've been in this place before. I liked it better up on the walls..."

Tall, dark and arcane waves his root around at Gallix's behest and bends time in their favor. "Give 'em hell like they've not been given before." Not likely possible considering their origins.. but it sounded good. Haste on the Group

K Nature (+2 if Demon), DC13: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 Resists
K Arcana (+2 if Demon), DC17: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18 Resists

Reapply wand of mage armor before the start as well.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

The Red Arm gaze across at the foes standing atop the wall. Yellow and Green are identified as blood golems, immune to magic. Their slams cause bleeding 1d6, and they also have the Blood Drain and Constrict 2d6+2 plus bleed Special Attacks.

Blood Drain (Su):
Drains 1d2 Con. A blood golem heals 5 hit points each round it drains blood.

They are Vulnerable to Bleed, and have DR 5/bludgeoning. No other resistances. Their best saving throw is Reflex +6.

Vulnerable to Bleed (Ex):
Bleed effects, blood drain, and attacks that target a creature’s blood affect a blood golem normally. The golem can spend a full-round action to harden its clotted outer shell to end a bleed effect.

The other two enemies are Hungry Fleshes, a form of ooze. You don't know much else about them.

Combat Map

Yurei Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

-- Bold is up --
D., Sirettis, Uesugi, Gallix, Mr. Peppers, Stali
White
Yurei
Yellow, Green

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

Uesugi watches as the danger approaches and brings Yurei's attention to it.

delay until Yurei's turn

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

Sirettis looks at them, curious. "Blood Golems and Hungry Fleshes. If you can cause the golems to bleed profusely they will be affected. As usual, most magic is not effective against them."

Sirettis begins loading her crossbow with the special bolt she purchased against constructs. Loading with the +1 construct bane bolt.

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Immune to magic.. what a crock. Someone needs to pay a visit to those gnomes at the Golemworks and give them a solid bunch of fireballs to the face.

The Exchange

M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

Oozes?” Stali says with distaste.

In general I am pretty ineffective against Oozes. My combat style doesn’t work against them. Guess I’ll try to take on the golems.

Saying that, Stali moves up drawing his bow as he moves. He gets to the base of the wall and shoots his grappling arrow up so he has a rope to climb with.

Grappling Arrow: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Move, Place ropes

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

"I'll pummel whatever comes closest."

That said, D. peers over the scene, noticing the nearest stairs for a path towards him and his compatriots, is the one southeast.

The golem being an obvious big target, he unleashes three blasts at it.

Sand bullet 1, overflow, burn bonus, haste: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 31 Dmg, overflow, burn bonus: 5d6 + 5 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1, 3, 5, 6) + 5 + 5 + 6 = 36
Trip if hits: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Sand bullet 2, overflow, burn bonus, haste: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 14 Dmg, overflow, burn bonus: 5d6 + 5 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (1, 6, 3, 1, 3) + 5 + 5 + 6 = 30
Trip if hits: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Hasted extra shot.
Sand bullet, overflow, burn bonus, haste: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 23 Dmg, overflow, burn bonus: 5d6 + 5 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 3, 2) + 5 + 5 + 6 = 25
Trip if hits: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Gallix, I moved your token, but if you aren't happy with the placement feel free to move!

While Stali advances, D. blasts through the white golem's sickening, bloody form, and knocks the creature prone.

Standing up, it too changes its form from a bloody, watery mess to a solid, congealed state.

Combat Map

-- Bold is up --
D., Sirettis, Gallix, Mr. Peppers, Stali
White (-61)
Yurei & Uesugi
Yellow, Green

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

Uesugi holds Yurei's reins watching as the creatures pour over the wall. "Hold Yurei." he calms the horse eagerly awaiting to get into the battle.

Delay to end of round.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

The ooze .. oozes down the stairs, leaving a sticky trail in its wake. It approaches Gallix probably provokes with Gallix's reach and wraps its formless self around his legs.

Slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

... But Gallix merely hops over the awful-smelling ooze, avoiding its grasp.

Green lines represent Ooze trails

The other ooze descends the stairs, approaching the party from the north.

Combat Map

-- Bold is up --
Blue
D., Sirettis, Gallix, Mr. Peppers, Stali
White (-61)
Yellow, Green
Yurei & Uesugi

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

Uesugi unstoppers a vial from his pouch and then coats his katana with it. He then urges Yurei into position the banner of Red Arm flapping high above his head.

"I will occupy the other one. Destroy the ooze engaged with the barbarian."

oil of bless weapon on katana

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

While Uesugi coats his blade with magical oil, the blue-hued blood golem stumbles downstairs.

Combat Map

-- Bold is up --
Blue
D., Sirettis, Gallix, Mr. Peppers, Stali
White (-61)
Yellow, Green
Yurei & Uesugi

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

Position is good, thanks! Reach won't apply this turn since I didn't use Lunge this round. Thanks for checking though.

Gallix looks up at the large blood golem standing in front of him. "Wow! It's gonna be hard to tell how badly I've pummeled you. Too bad." He jumps back a few feet, moving his feet with the lightning speed granted by Mr. Peppers's spell, then unleashes a storm of fists on the construct.

5ft step; Brawler's Flurry, Mutagen, Outslug Style, Haste, Lunge all in effect.
AC28 from Natural Armor/Outslug/Haste this turn.
As a note, Cestus does B and P damage, so the damage should go through the DR/Bludgeoning.

Flurry AdCestus, Mutagen, Haste: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 26 Damage, Mutagen, Outslug; Shock: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 141d6 ⇒ 1
Flurry MCestus, Mutagen, Haste: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 21 Damage, Mutagen, Outslug: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 19
AdCestus, Mutagen, Haste: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 28 Damage, Mutagen, Outslug; Shock: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 171d6 ⇒ 2
MCestus, Mutagen, Haste: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 13 Damage, Mutagen, Outslug: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 14
Haste Attack AdCestus, Mutagen, Haste: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 19 Damage, Mutagen, Outslug; Shock: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 151d6 ⇒ 1

The Exchange

M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

Stali climbs the rope he set, then attacks the white golem.

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

+1 Adamantine Aldori Dueling Sword, Haste: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 1 = 25
Slicing damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 So 3 damage

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers raises an eyebrow as Gallix thinks that very very large puddle of ooze is a golem "Gallix my friend. I believe the ale has addled your brain and clouded your vision. That is an ooze. Notice the trail of .. stuff it left behind."

He quickly adds "Does it burn with acid as you strike it? I need to decide my damage spell."

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A
GM Red wrote:
Yellow and Green are identified as blood golems, immune to magic.

???

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

A fair amount of dmg to the golem. If Stali's dmg is insufficient to kill it, D. will shoot at it. If it is dead, D. instead starts shooting at the ooze near Gallix.

Sand bullet, overflow, burn bonus, haste: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 36 Dmg, overflow, burn bonus: 5d6 + 5 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (3, 5, 2, 3, 1) + 5 + 5 + 6 = 30

Sand bullet, overflow, burn bonus, haste: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 29 Dmg, overflow, burn bonus: 5d6 + 5 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5, 6, 2) + 5 + 5 + 6 = 38

Hasted extra shot.
Sand bullet, overflow, burn bonus, haste: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 19 Dmg, overflow, burn bonus: 5d6 + 5 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2, 6, 1, 4) + 5 + 5 + 6 = 31

Crit shot 1?: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 22 Dmg, overflow, burn bonus: 5d6 + 5 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 2, 2) + 5 + 5 + 6 = 30

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Correction: Blue/White are the golems and are immune to magic! My mistake!

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers steps to the south to clear a bit more space then launches a pair of scorching rays at the yellow ooze, making sure to keep the flames as far away from Gallix as possible.

Casting Scorching Ray (1st Ray):Ranged Touch Attack/Caster Check/Damage: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 141d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 234d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 2, 3) = 17

Casting Scorching Ray (2nd Ray): Ranged Touch Attack/Caster Check/Damage: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 151d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 274d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 6, 3) = 13

He blows the smoke off his fingertips and smiles. At least until he sees the wreckage D causes with his sandblasting technique Show off.

"There is no rush in facing a giant ooze in melee Uesugi. You don't want Yurei's hooves being dissolved."

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

Sirettis uses her Flight Hex to ascend to the top of the building.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

"Why is this golem so jiggly?!" Suddenly Gallix realizes that he's actually fighting one of the oozes, not the blood golems. "Uh oh..."

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

The blood golem coalesces around Stali's sword and into a growing puddle of goop as he delivers a killing blow. Let's hope he has a cloth handy!

Gallix pummels away at the mass of moving flesh, throwing a series of five lightning-fast punches down at it. He feels his fist sink into its shapeless form again and again, and though the ooze stops moving, it doubles in size! D blasts it some more, which causes it to shudder and continue to grow ... Luckily, Mr. Peppers zaps it with two flaming rays, dissolving it into a pool of ash. The smell is really something.

The remaining ooze glides its way towards Uesugi and his steed...

Combat Map

-- Bold is up --
Blue
D., Sirettis, Gallix, Mr. Peppers, Stali
Green
Yurei & Uesugi

The Exchange

M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

Why did the thing grow as Gallix attacked it?” Stali asks. “It is usually a bad thing if a creature grows...

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight
Stali One-Penny wrote:
Why did the thing grow as Gallix attacked it?” Stali asks. “It is usually a bad thing if a creature grows...

"Gallix chooses to not wash under his fingernails as often as he should. Perhaps the ooze feasted on those leftovers." Quips tall, dark and not-so-serious.

The Exchange

M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

Well, I guess he does have a sense of humor. A weird one, but it exists.

Interesting theory, hopefully they will not last long enough for us to test it.

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

"Your words hold wisdom Mr. Peppers and Yurei will likely heed them I hope you have enough of your magic to destroy this thing." With that Uesugi slices at the ooze.

katana 1st strike '1hand'+p.a: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 - 2 = 14
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 = 9

katana 2nd strike '1hand'+p.a: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 2 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 = 11damage: 1d8 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 6 = 12

katana haste strike '1hand'+p.a: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 - 2 = 32
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 = 13

Yurei turns and gallops away from the creature's reach.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

GM Rolls:

18 3gp

Uesugi triple slices the ooze before turning away. The ooze reaches out to smother Yurei's hind leg as she gallops off.

Slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
She easily avoids it. The other blood golem moves around the perimeter of the buildings blocking its away and towards the party.

Combat Map

-- Bold is up --
Blue
D., Sirettis, Gallix, Mr. Peppers, Stali
Green (-??)
Yurei & Uesugi

The Exchange

M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

Flying to Glide, MW Tool: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 = 30

Stali spreads his arms and glides down off the wall then runs over near the well. There he stands ready with his blade.

Move, Glide as part of move, Ready an Attack for if anything comes in reach

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers retreats a bit to the top of the stairs before letting 4 magical homing missiles streak from his fingertip into the ooze. Let's see how force affects this giant blob. Fire seemed to be effective.

Casting Magic Missile: Caster Check/Damage: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 144d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 2) + 4 = 12

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

Gallix moves next to Stali and begins to chant. Gallix has long been a big talker, and he has always had a flair for boasting about the greatness of his and his companions' deeds, but now the words seem to flow from his mouth with a degree of fury and power that they didn't have before. It's as every word is lit with an internal fire that spreads to his companions and settles on their weapons. With a flash, flames begin to course up and down the blades and to dance along his own fingertips, but no harm comes to the weapons or their wielders. This is the power he possesses now, and it is a power he can share with his friends.

Move beside Stali, then begin the Weapon Song raging song to grant the Flaming ability to the weapons of my allies within 60 feet. If any of you have rage powers for some reason, you can also use those now.

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

Let's see. Pull the string back. Check. Aim at the target... check. Pull the trigger...

Sirettis fires her +1 Construct Bane bolt, set aflame my Gallix's song, at the Blue Blood Golem.

Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 3 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (2, 5) = 15

Crit?

Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 3 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (6, 4) = 19

Well, I made the shot count. Is this how Mister D... er, Darth feels?

EDIT: Forgot to add flaming damage
Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

That is indeed how blowing away opposition feels. :3

D. sees the approaching enemies coming around the corner, and calls out to Gallix and Stali.

"More are coming from over here."
Coming near Mr. tall, long haired & moody, D. fires off a sand bullet against blu.

Sand bullet, overflow, burn bonus, haste: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 31 Dmg, overflow, burn bonus: 5d6 + 5 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1, 6, 6, 5) + 5 + 5 + 6 = 40

Trip if hits?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Mr. Peppers conjures a series of force missiles and lobs them at the ooze, its oozy goodness splashing all over the place upon impact. Sirettis clumsily fires a bolt from her crossbow, yet somehow hits the blood golem in a vital section of its form. D blows the rest of the bloody beast apart.

The ooze advances on Uesugi, and attempts to again grab Yurei's hoof. Provokes from Gallix

Slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Crit?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Grab: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Yurei needs a DC 17 Fort save vs disease

Combat Map

-- Bold is up --
D., Sirettis, Gallix, Mr. Peppers, Stali
Green (-??)
Yurei (-6) & Uesugi

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

Yurei Fort save DC 17: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

The toxin seep into Yurei's foot as the horse falters slightly under the weight of Uesugi. Cutting down at the creature he then urges Yurei away from the ooze.

katana 1st strike '1hand'+p.a+haste: 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 14 - 2 + 1 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 = 12

katana 2nd strike '1hand'+p.a+haste: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 = 13

katana hasted strike '1hand'+p.a+haste: 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 14 - 2 + 1 = 28
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 = 11

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers adjusts the comical birthday hat on his head waiting for the others to finish off the oozy mound. "Finish this thing off so I can save my magic for the undead." Where did this come from?

Readied spell if it gets another turn:

Casting Magic Missile: Caster Check/Damage: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 244d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2, 4, 3) + 4 = 14

The Exchange

M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

I hate oozes!” Stali says as he steps up beside it. “This one looks to combine the worst elements of a stirge as well.

+1 Adamantine Aldori Dueling Sword, Haste: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 = 16
Slicing damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Flaming: 1d6 ⇒ 2

+1 Adamantine Aldori Dueling Sword, Second Attack, Haste: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17
Slicing damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Flaming: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Hasted Attack +1 Adamantine Aldori Dueling Sword, Haste: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 1 = 29
Slicing damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Flaming: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Uesugi notices large tumors beginning to grow from underneath Yurei's skin.

He quickly avenges his animal by slicing at the ooze, which again doubles in size on his second strike. Stali steps up and puts his expert swordsmanship to use, dicing up the oversized ooze.

Out of combat

Shortly after, Siege Lord Wynsal Starborn rides toward the gate accompanied by several mounted soldiers. Without a word, he cleaves across a stray golem with his lance and motions for you to approach.

The Siege Lord removes his steel helmet for a moment, shaking out his braided hair beaded with the teal and gold colors of Absalom’s flag. With a respectful nod and congratulatory salute, he introduces himself.

“I am Wynsal Starborn, once captain of the First Guard and now the Siege Lord ensuring Absalom’s safety. You fought bravely, and thanks to your help, we’ve got the situation under control here.

“I am less confident about affairs beyond our gates, though we could seize control of the tides of war with a targeted strike by capable operatives like you. As you probably noticed, those fiendish abominations are quite tough, but they’re not very organized. In fact, I saw two groups of them fighting each other until one of the minotaur commanders sorted them out. We might be able to use their lack of discipline against them!

“I’ve heard the Pathfinder Society has already done a great deal for the city today. While I’m reticent to ask more, I cannot afford to surrender your expertise. I ask that you sneak past enemy lines, seek out Warchief Mithrakk, and kill that horned beast. The First Guard will be ready to exploit the opening.”

Knowledge (Local or Nature) DC 23:
Regarding Warchief Mithrakk, he’s said to have been killed in a duel, but he rose from his grave and avenged his own death.

Re: Yurei's disease: Tumor Infestation—injury; save Fort DC 17; onset 1 minute; frequency 1/day; effect 1d2 Con and 1d2 Cha damage;
cure 2 consecutive saves. Anyone who dies from tumor infestation turns into a hungry flesh 1d4 hours later. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Con damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Cha damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

K Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 That name means nothing to Mr Peppers, it must not be of arcane importance. "We can be sure to assist Siege Lord. I have reserved much of my magic for the occasion, and everyone else seems to be in great fighting shape as well."

The Exchange

M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

Kn: Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Nodding, Stali says “We will see to it!

Other than looking for the one giving orders, is there any way to identify this warchief?

7,151 to 7,200 of 8,748 << first < prev | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.