The Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master GM Red

Initiative:

[dice=D]1d20+15[/dice
[dice=Gallix]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Mr P]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Uesugi]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Sirettis]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Cup]1d20+5[/dice


6,401 to 6,450 of 8,748 << first < prev | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | next > last >>
The Concordance

820-10 | "Lady Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle of House Al-Hadir" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 8 | HP 72/59 | AC 18 (21), T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Init +5 | Per +20, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 23/23 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 5, +1 Perform Sing
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

Knowledge Planes vs Grasping Storm: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 34
Knowledge Planes vs Sylphs: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (4) + 23 = 27

Cup watches the approaching group carefullly, analyzing their every move.

Cup waits for her turn, when she plans to cast Good Hope and start to sing for her team’s glory. It’s my busy day, GM, so feel free to enact both on my turn for me.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Sirettis knows that these sylphs have no special abilities. Cup knows that Grasping Storm, a belker, has the following Special Attacks:

Storm's Call (Su):
As a standard action, a belker can summon forth an air blast as a ranged attack with a range of 120 feet. Creatures that take damage from the air blast must succeed at a DC 19 Fortitude save or be permanently deafened (the save DC is Constitution-based). In addition, Grasping Storm gains a daily pool of 14 points, which it can spend as a free action for any of the following effects. For effects that enhance a blast, it must choose how many points it wants to spend before rolling its attack roll. Grasping Storm gains a +2 bonus on combat maneuvers that it makes as a part of using this ability.

• Grasping Storm can spend 1 or more points to enhance its air blast with the ability to push its target back. This functions as a bull rush combat maneuver, except that it can push the target back a maximum distance of 10 feet for every point that the belker spends.
• Grasping Storm can spend 3 or more points to drag its target closer. If it succeeds at a combat maneuver check against a creature of size Large or smaller, that creature is pulled 30 feet closer to it, plus an additional 10 feet for every point that the belker spends.
• Grasping Storm can spend 4 points to issue forth two air blasts in the same round. If it does so, it takes a –2 penalty on both attack rolls. It must select two different targets within 30 feet of each other for its two attacks.

Smoke Claws (Ex):

A belker using its smoke form ability can enter a target’s square as a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The target must make a DC 22 Fortitude save or inhale part of the creature. Smoke inside the victim solidifies into a claw and attacks the target from within, dealing 3d4 points of damage per round as a swift action. If the target moves, the belker may automatically move with the target (this movement does not count toward the belker’s movement and does not provoke attacks of opportunity against the belker). Each round, the target can attempt another DC 22 Fortitude to cough out the belker’s smoke, which ends the smoke claws attack and forces the belker into an adjacent square. Creatures that do not need to breathe are immune to this attack. The save DC is Constitution-based.

I assumed you wanted that one, but you do get one additional question for rolling a 34!

Reflex, Grasping Storm: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Reflex, Tekaal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Reflex, Siveya: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

The two sylphs and Grasping Storm are covered in a swath of pure fire that singes and toasts them, especially the more fragile sky creatures. "Pitiful! I will have your lungs filled with pure smoke. We'll see how well you can breathe fire then," the belker taunts at Mr. Peppers, her voice an obsidian edge.

Will Save, Grasping Storm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Then, the belker shuts down. Its form slows and drags, wisps of smoke dancing along the bottom of the throne it floats on. Its red eyes shrink to half their size as grief overtakes its mind. "I suppose I do get lonely in this tower..."

-- Bold is up --
Mr. Peppers, Uesugi, Sirettis
Tekaal (green, -36) and Siveya (red, -36)
D, Cup
Grasping Storm (-18, grieving)
Gallix, Longjing

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers watches Sirettis cast and slowly nods in response "I bet it is very lonely here. I'm sure you don't get many gnomish visitors do you though..." He says with a bit of interest for some reason.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

Watching as Grasping Storm battles with his own melancholy Uesugi focuses on one Tekaal.

"Little Dragon empower your faithful steed so that my size might crush those that stand before us!"

His katana held high in both hands he rushes the sylph and brings the blade down as he literally cuts through wind.

"Let us see if you are worthy of the death that I will give you. Kiiiii Yaaaa!"

Challenge Tekaal
Challenge Target (+3 AC /+3 to Hit (Morale) vs Tekaal)
AC 29 (+1 Trait +3 Challenge vs Target)
AC 23 (-2 Challenge vs Others)

katana 1st strike '2hand'+p.a+challenge: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 13 - 2 + 3 = 34
If hit=True Cornugan Strike (demoralize): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
damage: 1d8 + 5 + 6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 6 + 8 = 21
crit?: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 13 - 2 + 3 + 2 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 5 + 6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 6 + 8 = 22

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

The sylph has no chance to react as Uesugi rushes at him, cutting him down with one precise and fatal strike.

"No... Tekaal!" The remaining sylph panics. "I will not go down without a fight. Hshurha, lend me your strength!" The sylph begins weaving a spell.

Spellcraft DC 16:
Obscuring Mist

A thick cloud of misty vapor shoots from the sylph's body, blocking your sight of her and of Grasping Storm.

Then, the storm rune at the bottom of the chamber surges, and a lightning bolt explodes down from above, striking...

GM Rolls:

G MP D C U LJ S 1: 1d8 ⇒ 2
To hit: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

... Mr. Peppers. Luckily, his protection from lightning prevents the 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3 damage.

-- Bold is up --
Mr. Peppers, Uesugi, Sirettis
Siveya (red, -36)
D, Cup
Grasping Storm (-18, grieving)
Gallix, Longjing

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

I guess we are not making friends of the Sylphs...

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 Yeah well I automatically succeed anyway! Take that dicebot!

"Obscuring Mist. I do not know how long the Storm will remain incapacitated. I can gradually dispel the mist, but time is of the essence."

She calls out. "Surrender and no further harm will come to you."

The Concordance

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers raises an eyebrow as he sees the casting "Casting a spell in front of the greatest arcane master this plane has ever seen? Pfft." With a wave of his hand the obscuring mist reverses flow and ceases to exist.

Counterspell!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

"Good, we will not have to wait." Sirettis watches the mist scatter. "My offer still stands."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

D. steps 5ft south, then prepares an empowered sand bullet, to be shot at the sylph if she does not surrender to Sirettis' proposal, adding his own comment to it 1st.

+50% for 43.
Statement: "We shall kill you like many opponents before if you do not.
Resulting query: The question is, do you wish to die of old age, or die by our combat capabilities?"

Prepped sand bullet, overflow active, burn bonus: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 29 Dmg, overflow active, burn bonus: 4d6 + 4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3, 6, 1, 6) + 4 + 5 + 4 = 29

The Concordance

820-10 | "Lady Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle of House Al-Hadir" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 8 | HP 72/59 | AC 18 (21), T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Init +5 | Per +20, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 23/23 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 5, +1 Perform Sing
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

Notes that both Good Hope and Song are now up, so please add to D’s damage here!

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

Ah, +4 buffs, that makes for 48 total.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

The sylph looks at Sirettis and D and how her obscuring mist was immediately dismissed. Then she looks at Grasping Storm. Overcome with grief, the belker was nowhere near as intimidating as it normally was, and Siveya's loyalty was with Hshurha, not Grasping Storm itself.

So when the sylph flew to the opposite side of the room, now in the ranks of the Red Arm of Absalom, Grasping Storm only grew more morose.

"Do as you will. I want no part of it," Siveya says, a pointed look at the belker.

Sir D nods and instead directs his attack at Grasping Storm, who shudders as the blast of energy shakes its core.

New save to end overwhelming grief: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Its despair turns to anger, and the belker glares at you in rage. "Traitorous wench. I'll see to it that you're torn limb from limb along with the rest of these barbarians," Grasping Storm taunts.

The whole party is up!

-- Bold is up --
Mr. Peppers, Uesugi, Sirettis
D, Cup

Grasping Storm (-66)
Gallix, Longjing

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

"Thank you. Let us avoid bloodshed for one day."

She glares at Grasping Storm.

"It is time to sleep."

Slumber Hex: Will Save DC 21 or fall asleep for 8 rounds.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

Not fully trusting a person who could so quickly turn on their boss, Gallix watches Siveya as she moves toward the Red Arm to see if she is about to abandon them just as quickly.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

When Grasping Storm comes out of his grief, however, he can't help but direct his attention to the more obvious threat. He flies forward, recalling the bravery and power of the Twinhorn Following as they charged into combat against their otherworldly foes and emulating it as he charges toward Grasping Storm.

Free action to use my Martial Tradition boon to gain Power Attack for 3 rounds. Charge toward GS and lunge to attack from 10ft out. Attempting a Knockout strike. On a hit, GS needs to make a DC 20 Fortitude check or fall unconscious for 1d6 rounds. Target can attempt a new save each round to end the effect as a full round action. Creatures immune to critical hits or nonlethal damage are not affected.
Mutagen, Good Hope, Inspire Courage, Charge, Power Attack in effect.
AC 24 from Mutagen.

Mithral Cestus Knockout: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 3 = 34 Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 6 = 25

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

"You've made a wise choice Siveya. Don't make the mistake of changing your mind. The Grasping Storm won't forgive your betrayal." He reaches out a hand towards her boss and lets 5 glowing missiles fly. Pew Pew!

Casting Magic Missile with +2 CL: Caster Check/Damage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 295d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 2, 2) + 5 = 13

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

will wait to see if sleep is successful

The Concordance

820-10 | "Lady Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle of House Al-Hadir" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 8 | HP 72/59 | AC 18 (21), T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Init +5 | Per +20, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 23/23 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 5, +1 Perform Sing
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

Cup continues her performance and readies to aid Uesugi if the demon is not asleep.

Readied Aid:

Whip, Inspire, Aid Another: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

"Threatening our own? Tsk tsk..."

D. tosses an empowered blast at the whiny storm, if the hex didn't work.

Prepared Sand bullet, overflow active, burn bonus, inspire, good hope: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 34 Dmg, burn bonus, overflow active, good hope, inspire: 4d6 + 4 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6, 1, 2) + 4 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 32

+50% for 48 dmg.

The Concordance

820-10 | "Lady Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle of House Al-Hadir" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 8 | HP 72/59 | AC 18 (21), T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Init +5 | Per +20, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 23/23 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 5, +1 Perform Sing
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

Are you awaiting to see if he’s succombed to the sleep hex first? You can ready your attack instead.

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

Yes. Now edited in above.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Gallix doesn't sense that Siveya was lying. Her loyalty to Grasping Storm must have already been questionable.

Grasping Storm shrugs off the hex. "Foolish sylph, don't you know I do not need sleep?" It laughs. Gallix wallops the center of the smoky creature with a solid punch, and D's aetherkinetic blast shreds the rest of the creature up. As it dissipates into the surrounds, it murmurs "Even if I cannot, another planar creature will surely stop you from breaking the Untouchable Opal... Your victory is... temporary..."

- Out of combat -

Siveya swoops over to Tekaal and embraces his corpse to stop it from floating away. "He.. He was like a big brother to me." She softly says. "But none of this was right. Grasping Storm acted on its anger. It used to loyally serve Hsurha, and Hshurha cast it out of its inner circle on a whim. Thought of it as untrustworthy and scheming. Finally given a second chance to prove itelf and stop Ranginori, the belker was determined to redeem itself. Unfortunately... That did not happen."

She moves towards the stairs. The hurricane surrounding the tower has stopped and the lightning clouds have dissipated. A wall alcove at floor level becomes visible behind the clouds, and contains a glass sphere etched so the interior seems filled with clouds and gleaming eyes. It also contains a set of 1-foot-tall humanoids sculpted out of cloudwall. They look a lot like model cloud golems.

The alcove also holds a chest with 500 gold pieces, as well as a primal elemental gem (air). There's also a clamor box, an eversmoking bottle, and three pinches of dust of dryness.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

Sirettis lands next to Tekaal.

Heal: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Awesome.

Unable to tell if he still lives, Sirettis extends a hand to heal him from the brink of death- if there is still time.

Healing Hex: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (1, 8) + 8 = 17

"Ranginori's freedom is very controversial. The debate rages among the planes to keep it held or to disrupt the balance between the elements."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 Still awesome.

"I suggest you and Tekaal leave as soon as you can. This fortress will fall into mass infighting soon. If you ever wish for a place of refuge, seek out the Pathfinder Society- The Concordance of Elements will be more than happy to hear from you."

Once the other sylphs leave, Sirettis exhales. "I was naïve to think they could be recruited, but it was worth the attempt. Let us take what we can and leave quickly- I doubt the demon we met will let us leave freely."

"Perhaps the Clamor Box can be used as a distraction? A riot may produce a sufficient distraction."

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers bows his head to Siveya "I'm sorry for your loss." He pauses as if to say more, but holds his tongue. He turns to search the room for more interesting, sweet magical auras. Regretting decisions made is part of life. Hopefully she doesn't dwell on it.

He sorts through the items with a small smile, always enjoying the new and unknown. "There are some interesting, and useful items here..." He secretly hopes they get rid of that clamor box quickly so it doesn't interrupt his studies.

Auto aid Diplomacy

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

Gallix roars triumphantly as Grasping Storm dissipates into the aether. "And stay down," he shouts at the now formless and voiceless wisps of smoke still lingering in the air.

He turns to Siveya and gives her a cautious look before drifting toward her and thrusting a hand forward to shake hers. "Sirettis is right. The Society takes in all types. Believe me."

Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

The Concordance

820-10 | "Lady Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle of House Al-Hadir" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 8 | HP 72/59 | AC 18 (21), T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Init +5 | Per +20, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 23/23 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 5, +1 Perform Sing
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

Cup offers Siveya some tea.

Diplomacy: 10 + 20 = 30

“The Concordance of elements can use someone thoughtful like you. I really wish that you would consider changing sides. Hrusha was nothing but cruel to you. We offer all sorts of opportunities to use your talents and show all that you can acheive. Will you join us, Siveya?”

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Despite Sirettis' best efforts to heal him, Tekaal is long gone.

"It's no use. The least we can do is offer him a proper interment. A sky burial," Siveya says, floating towards the elevator with the body. She steps into the cage and beckons for you all to follow her.

On the way back up the shaft, you notice the mist drakes circling the tower have departed, and there's no sign of the devil who brought you in anywhere.

At the top of the lift, the cloudwall has opened, and you end up back on the entry floor. "I will accompany you back to Port Eclipse. I know of the Concordance of Elements, and will agree to speak with them. I just hope Hshurha doesn't find out about this. She hates anyone.. solid, or even visible, believe it not," Siveya says.

The sylph accompanies you back aboard the airship, and your good Captain Beysal is awaiting your return. She waves as she notices you and calls across the skies. "Well, it looks as though you were successful. And good riddance to that Grasping Storm! Let's be off now. I have a few stops to make along the way, but we'll be back in Port Eclipse before you know it. I'm eager to hear all about your adventures now that we can travel smoothly without a brash mercenary group aboard. ... Oh wait, that group was you, wasn't it?" The djinni smiles.

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

Sirettis rests on the ship and lets Miss Poshkettle do most of the storytelling.

<That woman will betray you as soon as your back is turned.>

Sirettis simply exhales and tries to befriend Siveya, or at least get to know her better.

<Charm that woman at every chance you get.> Sirettis keeps Its thoughts out of her head.

At least Isa is enjoying the flight aboard the ship.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

D. looks up Uesugi, who might be enjoying the view in a stoic manner.

"....what would you have said, if two years ago someone would have told you, you'd travel through time, liberate a museum, go into the skies beyond the skies and to the realm of elements."

"It is an interesting group of people, isn't it."
D. then likewise stares into the distance in a silent fashion.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

Uesugi turns towards D.

"I would have said to them then it is true I will never again see Tian Xia again." pausing Uesugi returns his gaze back towards the endless sky and nods "A very interesting group indeed." His thoughts returning to his homeland or maybe to somewhere or someone else...

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

A cute geisha waiting for Uesugi to return some day? :)

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Love it.

The Williwaw makes pretty good time back to Port Eclipse, and within a day, you're back and greeted by Norden Balentiir and Ashasar. You inform them of your success, and VC Balentiir replies delightedly, his stache flipping up with his smile. "Finally, Grasping Storm has been taken care of, and you also put an end to that treacherous mercenary group!" He claps. "A great success, wouldn't you say, Ashasar?"

The suli man only nods. "While the belker lord's defeat doesn’t end Hshurha’s menace, it does channel and limit the path of her retaliation, and sends a strong message to any other of her lieutenants planning strikes on her behalf. Well done."

"And what do we have here? You left six, but came back seven," the VC says, glancing over Uesugi's shoulder at Siveya.

"I serve Hshurha. Well... I did..." She looks down at Tekaal's body. She carried her companion the whole time. "And it seems it only lead to this. I have regrets."

Balentiir lowers his head. "Come, child. We will see to it that he is given a burial fit for the Plane of Air."

After the VC and Siveya wander off, Ashasar brings you back to the portal leading to Grand Lodge. "It has been a pleasure. Thank you for your service to the Concodrance of Elements. This is a small step forward in protecting the Untouchable Opal, but a meaningful step nonetheless." Then he motions for you to enter. "Have a safe trip back. I do hope the oppressive gravity on the other side doesn't... weigh you down."

The end!

Sovereign Court

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |
Ashasar wrote:

Then he motions for you to enter. "Have a safe trip back. I do hope the oppressive gravity on the other side doesn't... weigh you down."

<That pun was terrible... kill this man!>

Sirettis chuckles and pets Isa affectionately.

The Concordance

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers nods in thanks "When gravity weighs us down we simple cast the fly spell. But thanks for your concern." Tall, dark and oblivious replies before heading off to where ever he's supposed to go.

As he leaves he turns "If you are ever in the need for the greatest Arcane Master currently on the Plane of Air, give me a call." Hrm, planar travel isn't too bad. I could get used to this, especially with the lack of Gnomes.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

Gallix gently lays a hand on Ashasar's solider, "Yeah, give us a call sometime, won't you? Especially if you ever find yourself on our side of the Planes. We just got ourselves some fancy new digs in the Lodge. Come check it out next time you're in town."

*Wink*

The Concordance

820-10 | "Lady Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle of House Al-Hadir" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 8 | HP 72/59 | AC 18 (21), T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Init +5 | Per +20, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 23/23 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 5, +1 Perform Sing
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

“Gallix is right. You should come! We’ll serve you tea! Not just the five varieties I have with me, but the other 30 blends that I have back in the club house. I’ve been experimenting with some interesting varieties. We could have a tea party and try them all!” Cup bounces, happily! “You’ll love staying with us. We have a whole floor of a clubhouse, and my family makes the best cakes and they deliver.” She smiles up at her team. “The plane of air was terrific. Where do we want to go next?”

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Your respite in Absalom after returning from the Plane of Air is pleasant though brief. Cup decides to take a break from official Society business and ensures you she will return soon with plenty of stories. And more than plenty of tea.

A few days after your return to Grand Lodge, you all stop by the Grog Pit, a notorious tavern in the Docks Distrct, perhaps for drinks or perhaps just because Gallix had a craving. As the evening wears on, the barkeep takes notice of Uesugi's Red Arm banner and tells you that you've been invited to a private meeting in the backroom. No other details are provided.

Through the crowd and into the backroom, a tengu with dark gray feathers sits on a box. Next to him, on a much smaller box, is a tiny construct with a single oversized eye. It looks like The Red Arm of Absalom aren't the only invitees to whatever secret meeting is planned here!

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

When the door opens, the tengu looks over in your direction.

He gets up and walks over to you, extending a claw. “Greetings, I am Stalî.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

"Gallix, I know you've been abroad for what must seem like a month, but it was merely days. Less than a week for sure. Merely a blip in even a lifetime as short as yours. You can do without getting drunk on cheap beer and causing a fight between missions this once can't you?" The tall, dark, and annoyed Elf explains as they head inside. These days he keeps his spellbook wrapped up tightly in a water/beer proof bag when in places such as this.

As they're escorted to the back room he raises an eyebrow to see a singular Tengu waiting for them A meeting or something else... His eyes flash blue as he gives the room a once over, hoping it is only what it appears to be, before nodding politely at Stali "Good evening Stali, I am Mr Peppers, and these fine upstanding individuals are..." He nods towards and obviously slightly drunken Gallix so he can do a proper introduction for the group.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

"Mister Gallix, is this where you used to frequent?" Sirettis looks around the bar. She takes on the appearance of a down and dirty thug so she sticks out less.

The tengu intrigues her. "Hello, Mister Stalî. My name is Sirettis- oh." The rough and rugged pirate dispels her disguise to reveal a skinny sylph. "I am quite curious. Did you request our attention?"

The Exchange

M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

No, it wasn’t me.

He tilts his head, looking at the woman. “It seems this will be another case of getting thrown together with whom ever is available, although at least you seem to know each other.

The Concordance

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers again clears his throat loudly trying to get Gallix's drunken attention as he's busy comparing biceps with himself in the mirror "AHEM. If only there was someone here that could introduce us as a group..." Seeing still no reaction the Elf proceeds to levitate Stali's drink over and dump it on Gallix's head.

D isn't the only one who can levitate objects...

The Exchange

M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

Stali intercepts his drink as he sees it float towards the head of the drunken human.

Please, even though I’m not a follow of the drunken god it would still be a waste of a drink!I wouldn’t call it a good drink, but still a waste.

The Exchange

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

Gallix turns from the mirror, his lower lip hanging slightly slack as he works his way through his current drink.

"...THE REDARM 'F ABSHAL'M!!!" Gallix's refrain of the group's name is met with a hearty cheer from the other patrons, as they were used to Gallix and his antics. Usually, the Chelish brawler would come to the Pit to entertain some of his friends with tales from distant lands about the latest escapades of the Red Arm of Absalom, the infamous and fantastical assembly of Pathfinder agents who had made their name single-handedly saving the Society from an unfortunate experiment with time travel, and who had gone on to achieve even greater things.

As he finishes his drink in the cheer with the other bar-rats, Gallix turns to find another drink hovering a few inches above his head. "Oh! There's a drink here! This b'long t' anybody? It's jus' floatin' here. Guess I'll take it then!" With unbelievable speed, Gallix's hand flashes out and seizes the tankard, then tosses the ale back in a single gulp. "Ah! What bilge! But hey, it's cheap! HAHAHA!"

Suddenly, his attention is caught by the tengu seated just inside the back room where he and his friends had been invited. "Oh! I see we have comp'ny! Right, give me just a sec to smarten up." Gallix reaches down to his belt and finds a small pouch, from which he draws a small amount of powder. He takes a pinch of the powder and snuffs it. Within moments, the young man has what are left of his meager wits back about him, and he steps toward the tengu to make his introductions.

"How ya doing, friend? This is my sweet soaring sis, Sirettis. This tall, dark, and magical gentle-elf to my left is the famous Mr. Peppers. The two bald Tien blokes over at the bar taking entirely too long with their sake are Sir D. Arthraven and Uesugi Hideyoshi. And I, my fine feathered friend, am the one and only Gorgeous Gallix Granbonne! That's right, good sir, you've found yourself in the midst of the Red Arm of Absalom!" Almost by instinct, Gallix makes a motion to raise a tankard in cheers, but finds his hands devoid of one. "Ah well! So, what's with the weird little eyeball guy here?"

The Exchange

M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

Ah, my clockwork spy!” He quickly opens and closes his beak a couple of times before continuing. “I call it Eye in the Sky, or EitS for short.

He makes a gesture and the construct flies over to him.

Found this when investigating a series of murders. Our group rescued the pair of dwarves who had built it, but it was damaged. With some helpful instructions from said engineers, I was able to repair it.

He then gives a small shrug. “It isn’t very good at remaining hidden, but it can make a recording of anything it hears. Comes in handy sometimes.

He gestures to the construct and it flies back to it’s crate.

Making a broad gesture with a wing towards the back door and giving a small bow, he says “Perhaps we can adjourn to the room someone has reserved for us. I fear I am nowhere near as famous..nor would I want to be...but I have had some success in scouting and various other activities.

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

D. was quietly watching the entire scene unfold, nipping some saké.

A tengu. I haven't seen one of those in quite a while.

But as Gallix introduces him and Uesugi, he nods at Stali.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

Uesugi stays entirely quiet during the whole series of introductions. His eyes carefully examine the tengu quite aware of their nature to have things go missing when they are around.

He motions his hand for Stali to lead on and he puts a hand carefully around the barbarian to ensure that he does not stumble into anything or anyone.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

Well, Mister Gallix seems to be enjoying himself. Although he needs more control.

"Let us see if we can discover who summoned us here..."

The Exchange

M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

Closing the door once everyone had entered, Stali walks over to where the crates are arranged.

Were I the host, we would have real chairs and some tea or other refreshment set out. I apologize, it seems not everyone knows how to host a gathering.

He takes a kerchief and uses it to quickly dust off a few of the crates. “Please, be seated.” Having said this, he wanders back to his own crate and waits to sit until the others are ready as well.

I assume then that you are all Pathfinders as well. As I said, my own skills lie in scouting and survival in the wilderness. I am competent with a sword, but certainly not an expert.

Although many of my missions have been in Varisia, my most recent missions had me traveling to Azir and a small island off the coast of Nex.

Looking to the two from Tien, he says “Although I have been told tales of it, I have never been to Tien. I have taught myself the language though, along with a few other popular trade languages such as Kelish and Undercommon.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Suddenly the backroom door opens, and a mysterious host appears—the enigmatic Osprey, an agent of the Pathfinder Society with unclear objectives likely known only to the Decemvirate. He shuts the door behind him.

Two strangers accompany the lean-featured Chelaxian—a tall man wearing dark robes and a black mask that conceals his face, and a grizzled, prune-skinned gnome, with a slight facial palsy. With his typically cordial but informal manner, Osprey requests everyone be seated and offers all a mug of Absalom’s worst grog, not that Gallix needed any more!

"My fellow Pathfinders, I appreciate you making yourselves available on such short notice. I trust the accommodations here are sour enough to keep others from our business. As usual, I prefer to get right to the point."

Osprey slams a large sack down on the table, a high-pitched yelp bursting from within the bundle as he does so. He quickly reaches into the sack and drags out a tiny pestilent-looking creature by the throat. He beats its head against the table a few more times, and yells, "Settle down before I get careless and snap your damn neck!"

Then he pins it down against the table, where it flounders weakly, a bony clump of glinting scales, hollow-eyes, and leathery wings. With his hands still locked on the creature’s throat, he raises his eyes, looks across the table and says, “So, what do you know about demons?”

Knowledge Planes DC 13+:
The little creature is a quasit, a tiny demon typically 18 inches in height and 8 pounds in weight.

Knowledge Planes DC 18:
Unlike most demons, quasits are not formed in the Abyss from the souls of dead mortals. Instead, it is created when an evil spellcaster seeks one as a familiar. The Abyss answers the request by forming a quasit linked to the spellcaster, which then appears directly on the Material Plane.

The Exchange

M Tengu LG Rogue 9 | HP 66/66 +14 temp | AC 25 tch 18 fl 19 Mobility | CMB +5 CMD 22 (23 vs grapple) | F +8 R +15 W +11 | Init +5 | Perc +22 Low Light, Trap Spotter | Speed 60 | GM reroll used | clover 1/3 | Active Conditions: Haste

Stali inches back slightly as the creature is taken from the bag.

He is rather tense as Osprey mistreats the creature until the mention of demons.

Only weapons of special materials tend to be fully effective against them, although I can never remember how you tell which you need.” Stali replies.

He then looks towards the others, hoping one of them knows quite a bit more.

6,401 to 6,450 of 8,748 << first < prev | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.