The Reclamation of Zahvroma

Game Master Signore di Fortuna

Chapter 6: A Candle Burning At Both Ends Combat Map


63,651 to 63,700 of 63,797 << first < prev | 1266 | 1267 | 1268 | 1269 | 1270 | 1271 | 1272 | 1273 | 1274 | 1275 | 1276 | next > last >>

You see Magda sitting at a small table outside, telling fortunes for a copper, while Edgar directs visitors inside the tent where the others are performing a show.


Nolletta strides up to Edgar and gives him a smile, though it appears to be more of a sneer. "I see you're trying to walk the straight and narrow now."


Edgar narrows his eyes at the elf, then looks up to see Magestreia, Mirrin, Rhadaya and Tesia. "And what exactly are you doing?"


"Traveling," Nolletta answers. "You really didn't hold up your end of the bargain, did you? Maybe I should let some people know that this little...flea-ridden coterie of yours is a murderous band?"


Female Sylph Sorceress (Stormborn) 14 Mythic Tier 3rd: Archmage. HP: 80/80. AC: 22 touch 20 FF: 16. Fort: +7 Reflex: +7 Will: +9. Electricity res: 5 Sonic res:5

Rhadaya silently floats up behind Noletta to whisper in her ear.
"Or maybe you should shut your mouth before I shock you so bad your illusion slips and this town burns you at the stake."


"Oh, you're such a charmer," Nolletta replies. "Better save your spells for something more dangerous than me."


Female Human (Anizari) Female Human (Anizari) Magus (Bladebound) 14 : Mythic tier 4th (Champion ); HP: 160/160; AC:34 FF:30, T:15; Init:+5, Fort: +12, Ref: +6, Will: +10; Perception:+4(+6)

"You're right, that's all we can do at this point.We can't change the past, but we can help to forge the future we want to see." The magus replies resting a hand on Celia's shoulder as she gets up. "Get some rest, it's been an interesting day." she says heading off to an unoccupied bedroom. "Good night Celia.


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 130/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Tesia strides up on the other side of Nolletta, "And you had better leave these people alone before I forget that I'm supposed to be a "good guy"."

Turning to Edgar she ignores whatever remark Nolletta might make, and gives him a smile, "We're on our way to a bunch of other places that we have to go do stuff at, and just stopped here for a decent meal and supplies for some of us that weren't quite as prepared for being in the wilderness for a while. When I saw you guys, I just kinda wanted to take a few minutes and relax, and see your show. I've never been to one before, and thought it would be fun." She replies, her tone one of genuine interest.


Female Anizari Cleric 12/ Mythic Tier Heirophant 2 ; HP: 79/79; AC: 21, FF: 18, T: 13; Init: +2, Fort: +17 Ref: +14, Will: +21; Perception: +9

"Good night Sādhanā." Celia says getting up from the table and heading towards a bedroom herself. Taking off her armor and clothing the anizari healer slips under the covers, settling in as she lets sleep come, thinking of Clara as she does.


Tiefling Spirit Ranger 14, Trickster Tier 4
Stats:
Init: +11* | HP: 170/170 | AC: 21 | FF: 16 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +15 | Will: +11 | Perception: +20* | Surge 11/11 | Spirit Bond 3/3

Cyna picks a room at random. "This one looks good."


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 14; Mythic Tier 4th (Archmage) HP: 103/103; AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 17; Fort: +8, Ref: +10, Will: +11, Init: +12, Perception: +11

Sienna opens the door. "I'm not sure but I think that every room is the same, more or less."

She sets her things on the floor. "I kinda wish I had a smaller version of this. It feels weird being in something so big..."


Edgar turns to Tesia, disregarding Nolletta for the moment. "It's not much, frankly. We're just trying to earn enough coin to catch a ship and leave Zahvroma for good. Too many whispers of bad things about to happen and we'd like to make good on starting that new life."

He gestures to Magda. "She's doing her fortune-telling, while the others do what they do best. Zallos breathes fire and he's quite talented to shape the flames as he exhales. Laurent and his lion, King, do a few tricks. Brick just bends and breaks things and Elaine does a few of her contortions."

He smiles as if proud of the people he travels with. "Fina...she just kind of stands there. She's a curiosity to most folk...a skinwalker."

His smile falters a bit. "I just hope everyone has the good sense not to poke fun at her. She doesn't like that."

He shakes his head and gestures to the tent's opening. "Go on in. Free of charge."


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 130/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

She gives him a big smile, "Wow! It sounds like you have an Awesome show, and some really amazing people travelling with you. As someone who was also misunderstood and treated badly....and who has made plenty of mistakes herself, I really applaud what all of you are doing and really wish you all the very best." Tesia reaches into her money pouch and pulls out four platinum pieces, "I know what you said, and I don't really know how much it costs to get a ship or whatever, but I want to help out at least a little." Tesia says as she holds out the platinum pieces to Edgar, "Everyone deserves the opportunity to have a better future, and a second chance at the life they want. I hope you all find what you're looking for away from this place. I wish so many good things for all of you."


Edgar's eyes widen a bit, taking the coin. "Th-thank you very much! We weren't planning on buying a boat, merely getting passage on one leaving. The others would certainly appreciate this kindness."


Nolletta rolls her eyes and walks into the tent.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 130/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Tesia shrugs while giving him a smile, "Think nothing of it, I'm just glad we can help. About Nolletta...don't give her another thought. If she steps out of line, it will be my pleasure to put her back in her place." Giving his arm a supportive squeeze she heads into the tent herself, holding out her hand for her wife and smiling at her as they go to enjoy the show.

Walking up behind Nolletta she says, "As for you, if you can't say anything nice, than it would be in your best interest to keep your mouth shut. Not that I expect you to understand anything at all, or care about other people's feelings. You've already shown that you don't."


Female Sylph Sorceress (Stormborn) 14 Mythic Tier 3rd: Archmage. HP: 80/80. AC: 22 touch 20 FF: 16. Fort: +7 Reflex: +7 Will: +9. Electricity res: 5 Sonic res:5

Rhadaya takes her wife's hand with a smile, sweeping into the tent beside her.


Entering into the tent, you see the others from Lysse in different parts of the tent. The one with the lion, Laurent, is having his companion stand on his hind legs. Zallos, the tattooed man, blows a small group of fiery butterflies from his mouth to the delight of several children gathered around him. Brick, the muscular orc, bends three longswords at once in his meaty fists, causing some people around him to gasp in amazement.


F Anizari Rogue 11/Guardian 2 HP:76/76; AC: 22, T: 17, FF: 16, Fort: +5, Ref: +14, Will: +7 (+2 vs illusions); Init: +7; Perception: +16 (+4 vs concealed objects/conversations)

Mirrin stands off to the side, content to just let Tesia have her fun.


Female Anizari Brawler 11/Champion 2 HP: 111/111; AC: 21, T: 18, FF: 15; Fort: +12, Ref: +12, Will: +6; Init: +5; Perception: +15

Magestreia goes over and watches the orc perform.


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 130/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Tesia looks practically gleeful as she watches the performers. Bringing Rhy's hand to her lips she gives it a kiss, "Can you believe it? Isn't it all just amazing? I've never seen anything like it in my life....well, I was pretty strange in my youth, but nothing like this! They're all just so amazing." The gleeful tone of her voice, gives it a very youthful sound.


Roshan, Cyna, Sienna, Sadhana and Celia awaken refreshed the next morning.

---

Tesia sees Elaine the contortionist and Fina the skinwalker bringing around trays of baked treats for a copper each.


M Vishkanya Bard/Archaeologist 12

After waking up, Roshan quickly gets ready for the day and heads to the kitchen to make breakfast for all of them.

He starts by cleaning some potatoes and shredding them, enough for five people.


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 130/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Unable to resist the tempting treats, Tesia pulls out a few copper and approaches Fina. Looking over the tray she asks, "They all look so good, what kind are they?"


"Brownies and cherry tarts," Fina says. "I made them myself."


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 130/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Tesia smiles and looks from Rhy to Fina, "Oh, they both sound so good...I don't think I could try one and not the other. Right love? Could I please have two of each so that I can share with Rhy?" She asks while pulling out four copper.


Fina wraps up two tarts and two brownies in napkins and hands them to Tesia.


Female Sylph Sorceress (Stormborn) 14 Mythic Tier 3rd: Archmage. HP: 80/80. AC: 22 touch 20 FF: 16. Fort: +7 Reflex: +7 Will: +9. Electricity res: 5 Sonic res:5

Rhadaya grins as Tes gives in to her weakness for delicious treats.


Female Human (Anizari) Female Human (Anizari) Magus (Bladebound) 14 : Mythic tier 4th (Champion ); HP: 160/160; AC:34 FF:30, T:15; Init:+5, Fort: +12, Ref: +6, Will: +10; Perception:+4(+6)

Awakening refreshed, Sadhana takes out her spellbook and begins to study, preparing her mind for the possibilities of magical potential she might need today.


Female Anizari Cleric 12/ Mythic Tier Heirophant 2 ; HP: 79/79; AC: 21, FF: 18, T: 13; Init: +2, Fort: +17 Ref: +14, Will: +21; Perception: +9

Celia awakens smiling from a rather enjoyable dream of Clara. Praying to Aroden for his strength, guidance and protection as they head deeper into danger. Once finished, she heads to one of the many bathrooms available in the mansion and takes a quick bath before getting dressed and heading down to join those already up and active.


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 14; Mythic Tier 4th (Archmage) HP: 103/103; AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 17; Fort: +8, Ref: +10, Will: +11, Init: +12, Perception: +11

Sienna yawns and rolls over onto Cyna. "It's morning."


After a few minutes, the tent is packed with people walking through and seeing the different performers.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 130/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Tesia takes the sweets after handing Fina the money, "Thank you very much!" She says, smiling happily as she hands one of each to Rhy, "Here Rhy, I got two of each so we could both try them."

Tesia immediately takes a bite of the brownie. Closing her eyes as she enjoys the the rich sweet flavor of the brownie she smiles as she swallows, "Mmmm...that is soooo good."

As the people start crowding into the tent, Tesia takes Rhy's hand in her non sticky one, "Come on love, it's getting a bit crowded in here for me. We better get our shopping done." Tesia exits the tent with her love as she finishes up her treats and scans the area for everyone else.

Perception: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (14) + 30 = 44


M Vishkanya Bard/Archaeologist 12

While he brings the water to a boil in a pot, Roshan cuts up some fruit and cheese to have with the breakfast dish of shredded potatoes and eggs that he was preparing.


F Anizari Rogue 11/Guardian 2 HP:76/76; AC: 22, T: 17, FF: 16, Fort: +5, Ref: +14, Will: +7 (+2 vs illusions); Init: +7; Perception: +16 (+4 vs concealed objects/conversations)

Mirrin follows behind Tesia and Rhadaya. "Have fun?"


Tesia sees Magestreia caught up in the sea of people, but Nolletta is nowhere to be seen.


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 130/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Tesia nods as she looks around, "Yes, but I'm afraid I've lost sight of Nolletta, which probably means she's up to no good. We need to get Magestreia out of that crowd of people, and I need to make sure Edgar is okay. Mirrin, do you think you can get to Magestreia, or do I need to change and pluck her out of the crowd and find that ungrateful wretch of a girl? I need to at the very least, make sure shed isn't causing trouble somewhere."


F Anizari Rogue 11/Guardian 2 HP:76/76; AC: 22, T: 17, FF: 16, Fort: +5, Ref: +14, Will: +7 (+2 vs illusions); Init: +7; Perception: +16 (+4 vs concealed objects/conversations)

"I can get Magestreia," Mirrin says.


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 130/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Tesia gives Mirrin a nod, "Thanks." Giving her wife's cheek a kiss, Tesia turns into a sparrow and flies up into the air to get a birds eye view of the area.

Perception: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (10) + 30 = 40


Tiefling Spirit Ranger 14, Trickster Tier 4
Stats:
Init: +11* | HP: 170/170 | AC: 21 | FF: 16 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +15 | Will: +11 | Perception: +20* | Surge 11/11 | Spirit Bond 3/3

Cyna embraces her wife. "How can you tell?" She asks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling Sorcerer 14; Mythic Tier 4th (Archmage) HP: 103/103; AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 17; Fort: +8, Ref: +10, Will: +11, Init: +12, Perception: +11

Sienna grins. "My stomach tells me so."


Tesia doesn't see Nolletta anywhere.

Meanwhile, Edgar approaches Rhadaya. "Everything okay?"


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 130/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Letting out a chirpy sigh, Tesia flies back down to Rhy's side and changes back into her regular form. Seeing the look on Edgar's face she sighs and shrugs her shoulders as she looks from her wife to Edgar, "We seem to have lost Nolletta. It gives me an uneasy feeling, but I'm pretty sure that she's one of those types that if she doesn't want to be found, she won't. Maybe she just decided to head off on her own after all. I'm sure she got tired of me telling her how to behave all the time. Just because she was travelling with us, didn't mean that I trusted her, and I just didn't like how she talked to other people. I know I'm not always the easiest person to be around, but I just don't want her to cause trouble for any of you. Where she goes, trouble usually follows." She says with a worried expression, not wanting anything to ruin the day for Edgar and his friends, they had come so far and they deserved another chance at life just as much as anyone else.

If it hadn't been for Kaplan, there's no telling where she would have ended up. He gave her the chance she needed to grow up and change, and she didn't want Nolletta ruining that for them.


Edgar shrugs. "I'm sure she wouldn't start trouble where there are plenty of eyes around. We'll gone from here before nightfall anyway."


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 130/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Tesia nods, "That makes sense, I'm sure she just wanted to be on her own again. It's probably for the best anyways. Well, good luck to all of you. I wish you all the very best, but we had better go tell Mirin and Magestreia that she split."


F Anizari Rogue 11/Guardian 2 HP:76/76; AC: 22, T: 17, FF: 16, Fort: +5, Ref: +14, Will: +7 (+2 vs illusions); Init: +7; Perception: +16 (+4 vs concealed objects/conversations)

Mirrin manages to get Magestreia out of the tent after a few minutes. "Did you find Nolletta?"


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 130/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Tesia shakes her head, "I even tried to find her from the air, but she's nowhere to be seen. I'm pretty sure she split. It's probably for the best."


F Anizari Rogue 11/Guardian 2 HP:76/76; AC: 22, T: 17, FF: 16, Fort: +5, Ref: +14, Will: +7 (+2 vs illusions); Init: +7; Perception: +16 (+4 vs concealed objects/conversations)

Mirrin shrugs. "Our paths may cross again later."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Anizari Brawler 11/Champion 2 HP: 111/111; AC: 21, T: 18, FF: 15; Fort: +12, Ref: +12, Will: +6; Init: +5; Perception: +15

"Let's just do our shopping and be on our way," Magestreia says, irritated. "And for her sake, she better not run into us again."


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 130/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Tesia sighs and shrugs her shoulders, "I seriously doubt that she's gonna show back up. I'm pretty sure she could tell the I didn't trust her. Besides, who knows what we might end up dealing with, and I'd rather not have someone getting in the way." She says, as they head towards the nearest shop.

63,651 to 63,700 of 63,797 << first < prev | 1266 | 1267 | 1268 | 1269 | 1270 | 1271 | 1272 | 1273 | 1274 | 1275 | 1276 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / For the Glory of Icathia Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.