Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

The Long Campaign (Season 4 Scenarios)

Game Master Emmjay

MAPS AND HANDOUTS


251 to 300 of 460 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives|*| 7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps|*|Evergreen Trilogy

Because this is so far in the past as far as PFS is concerned, What is listed is now, to the best of what I can find out, the equivalent factions that are used today. I have put the information on SLIDE 3 (new slide inserted) as well as the campaign info tab. That way, when someone is speaking and uses the old names, it is a quick reference to what faction they are currently referring to.

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

Question. Would appearing in his human form or in a human form and then being his foxy self be the same thing as disguise as another person

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

Either way..
The kitusne, in his human form will put on a disguise to alter his appearance while starting the rumor.

1d20 + 4 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 10 = 26 disguise
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 bluff to start the rumor

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives|*| 7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps|*|Evergreen Trilogy
Okuru wrote:
Question. Would appearing in his human form or in a human form and then being his foxy self be the same thing as disguise as another person

Appearing as a human would give you a +10 to disguise check, as for another person, that I don't know.

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

I think I adjusted it right! Hooray, he is doing sneaky and tricky thing!

Sovereign Court

Male NG Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Blessings: 2/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Arrival in Magnimar it a bit bitter sweet for Ebert as Varisia is his home nation.

After listening to the briefing from Lady Sheila Ebert promptly responds to her directions "După cum dorești doamna mea."

Varisian:
"As you wish my lady."

Making his way to Bakrakhan house Ebert heads straight to his new home away from home for the time being. "Its almost as if they pulled my home in sandpoint from the ground and moved it here. I might find it surprising if my height marks are down in the kitchen below." Ebert thinks to himself wipeing a tear from his cheek.

Putting away his gear and dressing in his best brightly colored jerkin and vest. Doning his kapenia. "Baba would approve of me wearing this today." He sets off through town leaving the Alibster Disctrict PAssing the Capital passing through Grand Arch and finishing the near mile and half trek outside of the shady den of Frallino in Lowcleft.

Sovergin Court Faction Mission:
Greeting the guards in a simple Varisian saying "Salutări coleg călătoresc Sunt aici să mă întâlnesc cu Jaster Frallino. Am o livrare pentru a face asta doar pentru ochii lui. O să-mi permiteți să trec și să-i întâlnesc măreția?"
Varisian: "Greetings fellow traveller I am here to meet to with Jaster Frallino. I have a delivery to make that is for his eyes only. You will allow me to pass and meet his greatness now!"
Intimidate take 10, Speaking Varisian, Wearing Varisian Garb: 10 + 6 + 2 + 2 = 20 I am Varisian ;)

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

Gahrod is exhausted from the long voyage from Absalom to Magnamir, and welcomes the kind words from the Venture-Captain. He drops his gear and equipment at one of the private rooms and changes for his evening activities.

Dark Archive Faction:

Disguise: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8
Bluff: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14

He fails at getting past the guards of Versade Villa. His swarthy kelish good looks are hard to disguise to appear like a common Varisian courier. He is kicked out and denied entry.

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

After the long journey to Magnimar, Duncan would like to rest, but he knows his only chance to make the trade prince happy is to find a man in a place and ask him a certain question.

He heads out to make the inquiry and see the result.

Exchange Mission:
After finding the Dreaming Dryad, Duncan approaches Vert Klydas, not sure of the exact approach. "Hey fella, I'm looking for Midnight Milk, can you help me?"

He studies the man's reaction to make sure to share it with his superiors in The Exchange. Unfortunately, Duncan is much more at home in the woods or hunting boar than dealing with nuanced behavior of people. As such he misreads the scene completely, and has nothing of consequence to report when he returns to the Lodge. He leaves the Dryad shaking his head about why was ever sent in the first place.

[dice=Sense Motive DC 20]1d20+2[/dice

Duncan is back at the Magnimar Lodge not long after, scowling with frustration, and ready for the next day's briefing.

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives|*| 7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps|*|Evergreen Trilogy

Arriving more or less back at the Bakrakhan house at the same time, ready to wash and change from the days activities in the city, you briefly exchange whatever information you feel like doing, if any.

At this point I need you to all give me a PERCEPTION check. I also want you to note for me (for modifiers that I will apply) if you are outside the house, inside the house (floor 1), or inside the house (floor 2).

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

Do we know what is on each floor?

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives|*| 7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps|*|Evergreen Trilogy
Okuru wrote:
Do we know what is on each floor?

The ground floor consists of a den centered around a wide stone hearth, a small kitchen with a side dining area, and an exterior sun porch. The second-story loft contains private sleeping quarters for up to eight people.

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

He would be in the sun porch.

Percpetion 1d20 ⇒ 10

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 1.1 | AC 20 (T 13/FF 17) | CMB +1 CMD 12 (FF 11) | HP 8/8 | Init +1 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed | Spells 1: 3/4

Juis happens to be sitting in the den (1st floor) reading.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Sovereign Court

Male NG Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Blessings: 2/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Traveling back from Lowcleft
Ebert happens by the market district smelling fresh food and cuisines that further remind him of his heritage he decides that he may want to pickup a few choice ingredients and surprise his fellow companions with a meal his Baba taught him to make. Haggling back and forth easily secures him some Fresh bread, cheese, herbs & spices, a few potatoes, other vegetables and a small chuck of roast.

Back at Bakrakhan house
Moving about within the Kitchen area Ebert tends to a large pot of what looks and smells like a lovingly made stew. Preparing the bread slicing it just to the right size not to much and not to little he begins setting the table for a nice mid-afternoon supper.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Yup deep into the cooking mojo here

To anyone that would be in the kitchen/dinning area Ebert would regale them with stories of Varisia's heritage and history while also telling stories of his families heritage showing, anyone willing to look, his kapenia.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

Gahrod will join Ebert at the kitchen and listen to his stories about Varisia.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Dark Archive

Female Half-Elf Unchained Summoner 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 CMD 13 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +0 | Init +7 | Perc -2 | Sense Motive -2 | Summon Monsters 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 2/2

Nylthe will be meditating in solitude on the second floor.

Nylthe's Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12
Aconite's Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan works on this bow crafting on the sun porch though between the babblling of the kitsune and the delicious aromas coming from the kitchen, he gets hardly anything done...

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 1 | HP: 12/12| AC: 19( 11Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +2; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: none

Being back in Varisia has bittersweet memories attached to them for Marianna. Oh well, At least it's not in Korvosa, she muses as she travels to the noble district to look around. At least, not yet. I'll return when I can repay my debts....

Mission stuffs:

Asking around about the state of noble estates was always a somewhat chancy endeavor, as Marianna learned back at home. You never know which nobles will take offense when asked about. Still, a couple pleasant conversations around the church of Abadar and listening on gossipy servants make finding out about the family somewhat easy. Unfortunately, the state of the estate itself wasn't forthcoming about the whereabouts for the Kaijutsu family.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 2

And so, after her time around Magnimar, Marianna grabs her sword and shield and steps back outside. After finding a spot a little bit away from the guest house, she starts drilling, hopefully far enough away from the house that she isn't an immediate target to anyone else while she practices.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives|*| 7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps|*|Evergreen Trilogy

Nylthes and Aconite make their way upstairs after the day out. Not trying to be stealthy, they make plenty of (standard) noise that would be easy for anyone upstairs to hear, and someone did. At the top of the stairs, both Nylthe and Aconite see a young (probably female) goblin with bluish-gray skin and bits of bone jewelry.

SLIDE 15 CHASE SCENE

Initiative Rolls:

Init - GOBLIN: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Init - Juis Helfro: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Init - Nylthe & Aconite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Init - Marianna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Init - Gahrod: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Init - Ebert: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Init - Duncan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Init - Okuru: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

CHASE RULES, PLEASE ALL READ:

This encounter uses the chase rules from page 232 of the
Pathfinder RPG GameMastery Guide. Each square on page 9
represents approximately 30 feet of distance between Ekkie
and the PCs, and the PCs must close to within 30 feet of her
(i.e., in the same square) in order to catch her. You can use the
full-page chase diagram as a visual aid to help the PCs track
their progress and judge their distance from her. Depending
on their location at the beginning of the encounter, the
PCs begin on either the House Upstairs square, the House
Downstairs square, or the Outside the House square. Allow
them to place their minis on their respective squares, using
the diagram as a simple game board.

Running a chase in a fast, cinematic manner is easy.
Just remember that all participants have the following
options each round. For more details on running a chase
using this system, see page 232 of the Pathfinder RPG
GameMastery Guide.
At the start of the chase, have all participants roll
initiative to determine the order in which they move. It
takes a move action to move through a single square.
When a character exits from a square, he must choose
one of that square’s two obstacles to face as a standard
action before moving to the next square. Instead of exiting
a square, a character can choose to take another action not
directly related to navigating the chase’s course, such as
casting a spell or drawing a weapon.
A character may attempt to move three squares during
his turn by taking a full-round action, effectively bypassing
the second square and moving straight into the third
from his starting position. That character must overcome
both obstacles on the square he is leaving. In this case, if
a character fails either obstacle check by 5 or less, he only
moves one square forward and his turn ends. If a character
fails either obstacle check by more than 5, he cannot move
at all that turn. A character unfortunate enough to fail two
obstacle checks in a turn becomes mired in his current
square. A mired character must spend another full-round
action becoming unmired, effectively losing his next turn.
A character can also choose to make a ranged attack
or cast a spell during his turn in a chase. If the action is
a full-round action, he can’t move at all. Use the number
of squares and their established distances (in this case, 30
feet) to determine ranges as necessary. The terrain where
the chase takes place might provide the target partial
or even full cover or concealment. A character can only
choose to make melee attacks against targets that are in
the same square.
Any character involved in the chase gains a +2 cumulative
bonus on all chase checks for each 10 feet by which her
speed exceeds 30 feet, or takes a –2 cumulative penalty for
each 10 feet by which it is slower than 30 feet.

=====================================================================
SURPRISE ROUND
As no one was stealthy, the Goblin, who is already near the window, attempts to drop, tumble, and roll to get down to the ground floor...
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

CHASE - ROUND 1
Goblin
Juis
Okuru
Duncan
Nylthe
Gahrod
Aconite
Ebert
Marianna

The goblin makes his way to the manor outer wall, screaming with such a loud, fevered noise that couldn't help but be heard by all in the house (and outside). As small as the goblin is, she tries to squeeze through a small crack in the wall....

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
... And she does, making it to the bust street.

Everyone else, go for it, I have already placed your tokens on the appropriate locations.

Sovereign Court

Male NG Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Blessings: 2/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Hearing the noise and commotion going up stairs and continuing on outside Ebert drops the plates he had be placing around the table and rushes outside running all out seeing something scurry through a break in the Manor Outer Wall he heads straight for it.

Full-Round action to move to second square. No obstacles means no checks required correct?

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

Gahrod follows Ebert rushing past his friends in the outside of the house and reaches the manor outer wall.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 1.1 | AC 20 (T 13/FF 17) | CMB +1 CMD 12 (FF 11) | HP 8/8 | Init +1 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed | Spells 1: 3/4

Hearing the sound of the goblin scurrying down the wall outside and screaming as it runs away, Juis begins his chase. He runs outside of the house (no obstacles) and makes his way to the manor's outer wall.

Full-Round Action to move to second square.

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

He will run as fast as he can to follow the gobby
On my phone, can someone move me please?

Dark Archive

Female Half-Elf Unchained Summoner 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 CMD 13 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +0 | Init +7 | Perc -2 | Sense Motive -2 | Summon Monsters 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 2/2

Nylthe eyes the drop with skepticism, trying to figure out a safe way down.

Drop, Tumble, and Roll: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Guys, Nylthe is going to be trapped upstairs for a while...

Dark Archive

Male Shadow Eidolon | HP 9/9 | AC 14(18), T 12, FF 12(16) CMD 15 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Sense Motive +4

Aconite's first instinct is to hunt, but seeing the trouble his partner is having with the drop, hangs back for now.
Drop, Tumble, and Roll: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Already outside when the goblin streaks past, Duncan leaves his bowyer tools and leaps up and gives chase. He is just about to nab the little bugger when she slips through a crack in the outer wall. Sizing up the wall, Duncan thinks he can make a leaping jump to the top and scramble over, he steps back enough to get a running start.

Climb DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Unfortunately his fingers slip off the top of the wall, and he falls to to the ground. Cursing, he gets ready to try it again, backing up for a running start.

Move Action to enter Wall Card, Standard Action to try Climb but failed (by less than 5). Will have to try again next round to move to Street Card.

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |
Okuru wrote:

He will run as fast as he can to follow the gobby

On my phone, can someone move me please?

It's a chase that requires actions to overcome obstacles. You can't move unless you make the skill check. First square is either DC 15 Climb to leap the wall, or DC 15 Escape Artist to squeeze through a crack. Can't advance to next square unless you complete one, no matter how fast you are. Get a +2 bonus if faster than 30', take a -2 penalty if slower.

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 2 = 1 Escape

Sovereign Court

Male NG Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Blessings: 2/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 1/1 | Active conditions: None
Duncan Blackfeather wrote:
Okuru wrote:

He will run as fast as he can to follow the gobby

On my phone, can someone move me please?
It's a chase that requires actions to overcome obstacles. You can't move unless you make the skill check. First square is either DC 15 Climb to leap the wall, or DC 15 Escape Artist to squeeze through a crack. Can't advance to next square unless you complete one, no matter how fast you are. Get a +2 bonus if faster than 30', take a -2 penalty if slower.

He started outside though and you only have to roll a skill check for the obstacle when you leave your starting square. Outside had no obstacles. Players can also take a full-round action to move two squares but they must roll both skill checks, since no obstacles outside he technically got a free second square of movement.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 1 | HP: 12/12| AC: 19( 11Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +2; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: none

Of note: Marianna does not have her armor on, only her shield. We were told to make ourselves at home, so she did and left her armor in her room.

Marianna's eyes perk up at the sound of the escaping goblin, and once she sees where it's coming from, she takes off after it as well, sheathing her sword as she runs. Seeing Duncan go to grab for the wall's top, she attempts the same action, only to jump even lower then Duncan.

Move action to reach the Wall o' Doom(TM) and Standard to attempt to bypass it.

Climb(ACP): 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 2 = 4

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives|*| 7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps|*|Evergreen Trilogy

Being such a small creature, the Goblin thinks it is a better idea to shove people aside than to intimidate them...
CMB vs dc 13: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

...However, being small also means that they people don't move aside much either....

Well, this chase isn't going to last long.....

Sovereign Court

Male NG Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Blessings: 2/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Thinking on the fly while running after the goblin Ebert calls upon The Inheritor and asks her too provide her blessing once again. Slapping Duncan on the shoulder he yells at the man of unknown heritage, "Catch the goblin!"
The Varisian doubles over taking a moment to catch his breath. "I... am... so out of... shape... Wheez."

standard use Warmind blessing on Duncan, might I suggest the land speed bonus.

Warmind:
At 1st level, you can touch an ally and grant it a tactical advantage for 1 minute. Each round at the start of its turn, it can select one of the following bonuses: +10 feet to base land speed, a +1 dodge bonus to AC, a +1 insight bonus on attack rolls, or a +1 luck bonus on saving throws. Each bonus selected lasts for 1 round.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 1.1 | AC 20 (T 13/FF 17) | CMB +1 CMD 12 (FF 11) | HP 8/8 | Init +1 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed | Spells 1: 3/4

Climb: 1d20 - 5 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 5 - 2 = 10

Juis attempts to climb over the fence to get after the goblin, but can't quite make it over.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 1 | HP: 12/12| AC: 19( 11Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +2; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: none

Marianna backs up several steps, then she makes another running leap at the wall's top. When her shield gets in the way of actually making the grab, she removes it in a fit of annoyance, and readies to make another attempt.

Standard to attempt again, move to remove shield.

Climb(ACP): 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 2 = 13

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |
Ebert Shimmerblade wrote:
Duncan Blackfeather wrote:
Okuru wrote:

He will run as fast as he can to follow the gobby

On my phone, can someone move me please?
It's a chase that requires actions to overcome obstacles. You can't move unless you make the skill check. First square is either DC 15 Climb to leap the wall, or DC 15 Escape Artist to squeeze through a crack. Can't advance to next square unless you complete one, no matter how fast you are. Get a +2 bonus if faster than 30', take a -2 penalty if slower.
He started outside though and you only have to roll a skill check for the obstacle when you leave your starting square. Outside had no obstacles. Players can also take a full-round action to move two squares but they must roll both skill checks, since no obstacles outside he technically got a free second square of movement.

Guess it comes down to an interpretation, but you should have to make the skill check to leave EVERY card (not just the STARTING one) if you are not taking the full round action. That usually comes down to the same thing, but in this case, you can leave the free card without a check, but you can't leave the wall card without one. If he'd taken a full round action, he could've caught the goblin, but would've had to take both card actions to do so.

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

With the divine touch from the panting Ebert, Duncan again tries to leap the wall, this time with an extra burst of speed that gives him a an advantage at the leap but a loose stone at the base of the wall trips up the ranger, and his leap falls short as he slides back to the earth disappointed.

Climb DC 15, move bonus: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10

Will you allow a GM-Star reroll? If so, the reroll with a +3 star bonus is included below.

Climb DC 15, move bonus, star bonus: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 3 = 14

facepalm...

Dark Archive

Female Half-Elf Unchained Summoner 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 CMD 13 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +0 | Init +7 | Perc -2 | Sense Motive -2 | Summon Monsters 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 2/2

Nylthe's Acrobatics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Aconite's Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 = 22

Hey!!

After spending some time carefully sizing up the landing Nylthe and Aconite safely navigate their short sharp drop.

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives|*| 7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps|*|Evergreen Trilogy

Ok, at least it wasn't just me with a crappy roll...

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

Gahrod tries to run up the manor wall: Climb, DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

His foot slips on some moss on the wall and he crashes straight into it instead.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 1.1 | AC 20 (T 13/FF 17) | CMB +1 CMD 12 (FF 11) | HP 8/8 | Init +1 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed | Spells 1: 3/4

Good thing there are no cell phones and Youtube for Golarion. :P

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives|*| 7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps|*|Evergreen Trilogy

Juis makes a running up to the wall, but slips on some loose gravel, and slams into it instead of climbing.

Duncan leaps, and leaps again, but can't get the height required and flounders.

Nylthe barely, but successfully, makes it down from the second story.

Gahrod follows suit with Juis and tries to slam through the wall rather than climb it.

Aconite, wanting to show off for Nylthe, jumps and does a midair flip before landing gracefully on the ground.

Ebert casts a boon to aid his ally, who didn't use it to the best effect.

Marianna, also frustrated she can't make it over the wall, drops her shield to make it happen.

CHASE - ROUND 2 - Continued
Goblin
Juis
Okuru
Duncan
Nylthe
Gahrod
Aconite
Ebert
Marianna

Bold may act for round 2.

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

What a sad group...

Sovereign Court

Male NG Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Blessings: 2/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 1/1 | Active conditions: None
Duncan Blackfeather wrote:
What a sad group...

At least you can keep using Warmind for the next 9 rounds.

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives|*| 7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps|*|Evergreen Trilogy

Last time I ran this it ended so quickly that it wasn't really a chase at all. This time at least everyone is failing as a group...

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

He will move up to catch
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 acrobatics

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

Our group is sad lol

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives|*| 7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps|*|Evergreen Trilogy

CHASE - ROUND 3 - Continued
Goblin
Juis
Okuru
Duncan
Nylthe
Gahrod
Aconite
Ebert
Marianna

Trying once again to push her way through the crowd, the goblin finds a small crack that she is able to slip through.

CMB vs dc 13: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Can you catch the goblin?

(If you pass both tests you can make it to her tile and end the chase now...)

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

Gahrod brushes off his bruises, and runs up at the wall again. This time he remembers a passage from a book on mountaineering that he read a few years ago, and seeks inspiration from that author:

Climb + Inspiration, DC 15: 1d20 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + (5) + 2 = 19
CMB, push people: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

He rushes over the wall, pushes a few people out of the way and trips the sneaky goblin!

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 1.1 | AC 20 (T 13/FF 17) | CMB +1 CMD 12 (FF 11) | HP 8/8 | Init +1 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed | Spells 1: 3/4

With his attempt to climb the fence last time failing miserably, Juis this time attempts to slip through the gate.

Escape Artist: 1d20 - 5 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 5 - 2 = 11

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Determined to make it this time, Duncan uses his newly found burst ofspeed to get a running start, puts one boot about halfway up the wall, and leaps and pulls himself over. Confounded by the crowd on the other side of the wall, he works with Gahrod to clear a path,
and together, the two trap the gobliness.

Duncan Climb, speed bonus: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 27
Duncan CMB, speed bonus: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22

251 to 300 of 460 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Long Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.