The Gods

Game Master ThePuppyTurtle


301 to 350 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

deity God of the Unknown
Michazra wrote:


This is also a good point. I propose us PC Gods decide a world to focus on, settle its specifics (nations, races, magic, etc.), and create a story based around that single world.

How about a single solar system's worth of worlds, some much more populous and developed than others? Good compromise? Distant Worlds is one of the best things Paizo's ever published....


"Lord of Atheism" | Not-a-Lesser-God | Attack 3d6, Defense 5d6, HP 40

I mean, if we wind up using experience and whatnot for various things, this could be one of them—we start out with each PC proposing at most one world (or contributing in a major way to a shared world), and "bringing extra worlds into the story" is one way to use story points, etc. Or some other limits, that are not necessarily a hard and fast rule, but a way to discourage us later in the game from solving problems simply by arbitrarily bringing in extra worlds.


The point of the multiverse really is that it is your playground so if you guys want to bring the scope of the playing field down to one world or a few close worlds feel free.

We can use an established campaign world with alterations for your Gods or develop a new one. I'm down for focusing the story on one or a few worlds.


I guess maybe that's the point perhaps I haven't made clear enough. The multiverse is your plaything, by default most of what I've defined about it is just that it is really, really old and really, really big, because that is what previous players liked but if you guys prefer that the entire multiverse has just one populated material plane world you can do that, you have the power.

Fun is the most important aspect of what the setting of the multiverse should be so if you guys can agree on what you'd like then that's what it'll be.

If you all agree you can literally in game rewrite the multiverse so that while a thing like Zodaxus' birth happened from a space faring race, and Asmodeus killed the Elder Evils, that was the old multiverse, now you've all agreed to make existence with a fresh start, as I dunno, a single world in a giant snow globe whose sun is Lathander riding across the sky and whose stars are disembodied spirits whom Babaki pooped out after trying to eat them because they were too pure and gross tasting.


So yeah, the final point; Basically all that is required from my end is that the mechanics of Gods stay the same, The final fate of mortal Souls stays the same and the number of Gods left stays the same. The rest of the main story can be worked into just about any even slightly D&D/Pathfinder type setting. Everything else I've said about the setting can just be taken as suggestion if you want.

If players find that the ability to do most anything is paralyzing and unfun for them and they need more concert definition to things beyond what they make for themselves I'll step in when asked.

I was going to post some events in gameplay but I think I'll wait for this conversation to continue and see what you guys decide before adding events and lore.


Male (Usually) Deity of Change and Chance, Transformation and Chaos

I'm rather enjoying the fast and loose multiworlds angle myself. Which might be appropriate as Scrapeknee is that style


God of the Depraved

I thought the point of this is that the material plane is ultimately inconsequential to the gods. In other words, it doesn't matter how much or little influence you have, since I think the greater story will primarily just be on a godly level.

Though I don't care so much if, other people are having trouble grasping onto the universe but want to, and thus want the setting to be smaller, I'd be fine with that. I'll just have a cold distant planet as my main base with then a few kingdoms in the main setting.


Cil'dr wrote:

I thought the point of this is that the material plane is ultimately inconsequential to the gods. In other words, it doesn't matter how much or little influence you have, since I think the greater story will primarily just be on a godly level.

Though I don't care so much if, other people are having trouble grasping onto the universe but want to, and thus want the setting to be smaller, I'd be fine with that. I'll just have a cold distant planet as my main base with then a few kingdoms in the main setting.

Yes that is the point, the Multiverse is the Gods playground where they can do what they like and have as much or as little influence as they like, the Gods decide what is and isn't in the multiverse and they control it, not the other way around.

The main story takes place at a God level and has themes that can fit into any even vaguely D&D or Pathfinder like setting.

Basically all the multiverse matters for is harvesting XP by telling amusing stories with each other.

What really matters in this game(from the main storyline point of view) is the Gods themselves, everything else is for their amusement.

But I feel like I am rambling on at this point, if I haven't been able to communicate what I mean in explaining the concept of the game yet I dunno if I have the words to. =/


"Lord of Atheism" | Not-a-Lesser-God | Attack 3d6, Defense 5d6, HP 40

I'm just saying I'd definitely prefer "10-30 worlds, some of them minor or destroyed, adding more if it becomes relevant" to "literally millions of inhabited worlds" from a story perspective.


Atheos, God of Skepticism wrote:
I'm just saying I'd definitely prefer "10-30 worlds, some of them minor or destroyed, adding more if it becomes relevant" to "literally millions of inhabited worlds" from a story perspective.

Alright, that's cool, and if the other PCs agree with you that's how it will be.


Male (Usually) Deity of Change and Chance, Transformation and Chaos

I get the feeling Moloch will refuse Scrapeknee's offer but you never know.

Liberty's Edge

The Dark Liberator, The Last of the Nightbirds, Lord of Epic Awesomeness, Greatest Dancer in the Universe and That's Just a Fact
Cil'dr wrote:
freedom zap doesn't force an alignment change right? it just allows one?

In this case, it will basically trigger her to have a think about what alignment she really wants to be. I think I've described the details of the period of introspection in previous posts.


Male (Usually) Deity of Change and Chance, Transformation and Chaos

I think sudden forced alignment change is more Scrapeknee's thing. :)

*note to self, change a whole group of accountants chaotic*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male God of Lions, Families, Protection and Polyamory

thus, ensues Enron

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
deity God of the Unknown

No, that's the morality undone spell from The Book of Vile Darkness.

THIS is Chaotic accountants.


"Lord of Atheism" | Not-a-Lesser-God | Attack 3d6, Defense 5d6, HP 40

Freedom Zap seems somewhat like Atonement in how it works, allowing alignment shift if the character wants it.


God of the Depraved
Atheos, God of Skepticism wrote:

Not sure if a god can just target another god with a spell, especially at this range, with godly SR and will saves and whatnot. But demigods do sometimes change alignment when they come into the service of other gods, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

On the other hand, Cil'dr, you could just dispel the spell?

nah; one, I think it's more than just a spell; two, I am kind of alright in limiting it some what than pushing to contest; it's not much of a win but the period of contemplation would have really slowed things down. I more just opposed it on principle, but pulled back with some titular cede from Zax(gona be his nickname from me from now on).


God of the Depraved
Atheos, God of Skepticism wrote:
Would the archdevil have ever "found evil more intrinsically attractive than good?" that seems somewhat unlikely for a being of great, ancient and cosmic power who like Asmodeus probably once a god of goodness.

*shrug* I really don't get how the spell works. I'm intelligently lawful evil for instance seeing the ends justifying the means, so if I wasn't a god, I'd just stay the same alignment.


"Lord of Atheism" | Not-a-Lesser-God | Attack 3d6, Defense 5d6, HP 40

Well, I was assuming she'd change alignment if she joins someone regardless, since that's how it works when deities fall.


So, here is the situation; I've been having some computer issues for a bit but I didn't think much of them but now it looks like my comp is going kaput and, being the poor person I am, I can't easily afford a new one. Not to sure what to do at this point, I can post on my phone but it's glitchy and really not suited to long posts.

As much as it galls me I may have to suspend the games I'm in til I get a replacement comp but I don't know when that will be. I think my only real choice right now is to just put my games I GM into hibernation then once I am capable again of regular big posts send a PM to each player to see if each is still interested in picking the game up again.

This game is unfortunate in particular because it just started and hasn't finished even been truly established yet so I'm not sure what the survival rate will be when I try to pick it up again but there isn't much I can do about it currently.


Male (Usually) Deity of Change and Chance, Transformation and Chaos

ouch. Sympathies. While obviously I hope you can somehow keep going, if you need to put us on hold, then that's what you need to do. Whatever is best for you


God of the Depraved
Yuugasa wrote:

So, here is the situation; I've been having some computer issues for a bit but I didn't think much of them but now it looks like my comp is going kaput and, being the poor person I am, I can't easily afford a new one. Not to sure what to do at this point, I can post on my phone but it's glitchy and really not suited to long posts.

As much as it galls me I may have to suspend the games I'm in til I get a replacement comp but I don't know when that will be. I think my only real choice right now is to just put my games I GM into hibernation then once I am capable again of regular big posts send a PM to each player to see if each is still interested in picking the game up again.

This game is unfortunate in particular because it just started and hasn't finished even been truly established yet so I'm not sure what the survival rate will be when I try to pick it up again but there isn't much I can do about it currently.

If you could PM me with what your computer trouble is, I might be able to help, sometimes you just need to replace a specific part that can be really cheap(for instance you can get 8 GBs of ram for like 20 dollars not including shipping.). Though if it's a laptop that may be harder.


God of Wrath, Madness, and Fear

I'd like to keep going, but if you need to put us on hold I'm okay with that.


Cil'dr wrote:


If you could PM me with what your computer trouble is, I might be able to help, sometimes you just need to replace a specific part that can be really cheap(for instance you can get 8 GBs of ram for like 20 dollars not including shipping.). Though if it's a laptop that may be harder.

Thanks man, but my brother has been looking it over and basically says it is a lost cause. The computer was a hand me down to begin with and I think is something like 8-10 years old at this point. It's just kinda a frustrating situation because if I wasn't as poor as a turnip farmer I could get a new comp and be back in action in 1-2 days. As is though with the exception of janky phone posts I think I'm outta luck for the immediate foreseeable future.


"Lord of Atheism" | Not-a-Lesser-God | Attack 3d6, Defense 5d6, HP 40

Do you live near a library? They can be great replacements for many of the things a computer is useful for (though presumably work first)

Liberty's Edge

The Dark Liberator, The Last of the Nightbirds, Lord of Epic Awesomeness, Greatest Dancer in the Universe and That's Just a Fact

How long of a hiatus are we talking about? Is it possible for you to put off starting the main plot for that amount of time?

During that time, a temporary replacement GM could control the NPC gods, they could be inactive for some (or no) reason, perhals one which would be incorporated into the plot, or they could be devided among us. The latter does bring ip the concern of us playing the god in question to our advantage, but that might not be too much of a problem if we each took a god of an alignment similar to our own.


"Lord of Atheism" | Not-a-Lesser-God | Attack 3d6, Defense 5d6, HP 40

Hmm. "Splitting up NPC gods" isn't necessarily a bad idea; Helm doesn't exactly do anything, so I could probably take a second god as well, maybe Mystra.


Atheos, God of Skepticism wrote:
Do you live near a library? They can be great replacements for many of the things a computer is useful for (though presumably work first)

There is one only a couple miles away, however I don't own a car or mode of transportation and there aren't any buses along that line. Seeing as I have a lot of physical problems in addition to a lack of time in my schedule it wouldn't work out well(also nearly impossible to walk anyway in my harsh winters.)


Zodaxus wrote:

How long of a hiatus are we talking about? Is it possible for you to put off starting the main plot for that amount of time?

During that time, a temporary replacement GM could control the NPC gods, they could be inactive for some (or no) reason, perhals one which would be incorporated into the plot, or they could be devided among us. The latter does bring ip the concern of us playing the god in question to our advantage, but that might not be too much of a problem if we each took a god of an alignment similar to our own.

I honestly don't know how long it will be, basically until I have ready access to a computer, which relies on factors outside my control. Worst case scenario I save 20$ a month until I can afford a cheap laptop.

We can absolutely continue the game while I am gone as really the main story is the only thing that relies completely on me. I can pass off the GM handle or we can split the NPC Gods up as you guys want, the game doesn't need to die just because I am absent.

Liberty's Edge

The Dark Liberator, The Last of the Nightbirds, Lord of Epic Awesomeness, Greatest Dancer in the Universe and That's Just a Fact
Yuugasa wrote:
Zodaxus wrote:

How long of a hiatus are we talking about? Is it possible for you to put off starting the main plot for that amount of time?

During that time, a temporary replacement GM could control the NPC gods, they could be inactive for some (or no) reason, perhals one which would be incorporated into the plot, or they could be devided among us. The latter does bring ip the concern of us playing the god in question to our advantage, but that might not be too much of a problem if we each took a god of an alignment similar to our own.

I honestly don't know how long it will be, basically until I have ready access to a computer, which relies on factors outside my control. Worst case scenario I save 20$ a month until I can afford a cheap laptop.

We can absolutely continue the game while I am gone as really the main story is the only thing that relies completely on me. I can pass off the GM handle or we can split the NPC Gods up as you guys want, the game doesn't need to die just because I am absent.

I see. Well, do you know who the new GM might be if we take that route?

Also, if we are splitting up the gods, I think I would like Lathander.

Just to refresh, there are 9 NPC gods, meaning 2 of us would not have one. So in other words, we'd each choose from:

Lathander
Asmodeus
Lolth
Shar
Mystra
Bane
Cyric
Helm
Loviatar
None
Also None


I'd volunteer to take one in the short term if need be. Anyone but Asmodeus.


Zodaxus wrote:


I see. Well, do you know who the new GM might be if we take that route?

Whoever volunteers probably.

Liberty's Edge

The Dark Liberator, The Last of the Nightbirds, Lord of Epic Awesomeness, Greatest Dancer in the Universe and That's Just a Fact
Yuugasa wrote:
Zodaxus wrote:


I see. Well, do you know who the new GM might be if we take that route?

Whoever volunteers probably.

I'd be willing to. I'm hesitant to decide my own amount of EXP alloted, but I am perfectly willing to handle everything else.


I'm fine with substitute GM, or with the PCs splitting NPC gods.

(Yes this is a null post. I haven't had much chances to do anything ever since Mica went hiding and waiting for Ishalla to post.)


Zodaxus wrote:
Yuugasa wrote:
Zodaxus wrote:


I see. Well, do you know who the new GM might be if we take that route?

Whoever volunteers probably.
I'd be willing to. I'm hesitant to decide my own amount of EXP alloted, but I am perfectly willing to handle everything else.

Alright, is everyone ok with that?


God of the Depraved

Well if stuff starts happening again, PM me, i'm going to stop monitoring the thread until then. :P


Alright, I am handing over this game to you Zodaxus, have fun=)

I think you can officially become game master by sending a message to Paizo that you inherited it.

Liberty's Edge

The Dark Liberator, The Last of the Nightbirds, Lord of Epic Awesomeness, Greatest Dancer in the Universe and That's Just a Fact

Alright then. So, we need divide up the NPC gods.

So then, anyone who wants an NPC god may have one. They will be given out on a first come first served basis. To remind you, they consist of:

Lathander - I note that I am forfeiting my claim to him unless no one else winds up wanting him.
Asmodeus
Lolth
Shar
Mystra - Half-claimed by Atheos, so he has dibs on her if he wants her.
Bane
Cyric - Be-warned, ye who takes this one, for he is a dickbag and no one likes him.
Helm
Loviatar

To compensate you for the time you spend role-playing this god, both in real time and in backstory, posts you make with your NPC god will be considered toward your EXP in any given month. I strongly recommend taking a god with a similar alignment to your own. That way, there's no incentive to subconsciously play them out of character in your favor, as their characters logically would help you or avoid hindering you. I will step in and veto you if you play them wildly out of alignment (having Lathander engineer a holocaust for fun, having Asmodeus stand by and let the whole of his power be taken away, etc.)

I might also nudge you to intervene with them in some cases. I won't act as them without your permission except if I need to to speed the game along or keep them in-character, but I might post something like:

"Hey, Atheos, I think Mystra might have something to say about what Babaki is trying to do. Maybe you should initiate a contest?"

or

"Does anyone controlling a Lawful NPC god think they might object to what Scrapeknee is doing?"

In both cases, it will usually be a suggestion, most likely me operating under the assumption that you didn't see or scrolled past the post in question (a perfectly acceptable thing to do when a post doesn't seem to involve your character.)

I will be controlling the NPC gods to at least some extent until they are claimed.


"Lord of Atheism" | Not-a-Lesser-God | Attack 3d6, Defense 5d6, HP 40

Mystra is interesting as a formerly-LN deity whose home I'm squatting in, but Helm is closer to my alignment. I guess I'll see which one of the two Adriel prefers, and take the other.

Alternately, I could probably play Cyric really well if nobody wants him.


Male (Usually) Deity of Change and Chance, Transformation and Chaos

I think this version of Mystra is the NG one


"Lord of Atheism" | Not-a-Lesser-God | Attack 3d6, Defense 5d6, HP 40

Yeah, but OGGM mentioned that this Mystra is like a year old, replacing the just-deceased LN one whose old planar influence I'm now annexing.


I am so taking Cyric! (Haters gonna hate.) Mica and he have similar portfolios, so it'll be easy to play both of them, even if Mica dislikes him.

Liberty's Edge

The Dark Liberator, The Last of the Nightbirds, Lord of Epic Awesomeness, Greatest Dancer in the Universe and That's Just a Fact

Acknowledged: Michazra is now the rightful controller of Cyric.

I'm going to give you that demon he sent to Zo's party as well. I think it's his turn to post in my conversation with him.


Well, if no one closer to his alignment wants him, I'd gladly take Lathander.

Liberty's Edge

The Dark Liberator, The Last of the Nightbirds, Lord of Epic Awesomeness, Greatest Dancer in the Universe and That's Just a Fact

Acknowledged: Ridge/Scrapeknee is now the rightful controller of Lathander.

Remaining NPC gods:

Asmodeus
Lolth
Shar
Mystra
Bane
Helm
Loviatar


Male God of Lions, Families, Protection and Polyamory

I am not familiar enough with these Gods to want to make a choice yet...

Maybe we should see who's still here? I've not seen Tharros for quite a while.

Liberty's Edge

The Dark Liberator, The Last of the Nightbirds, Lord of Epic Awesomeness, Greatest Dancer in the Universe and That's Just a Fact
Osoro wrote:

I am not familiar enough with these Gods to want to make a choice yet...

Maybe we should see who's still here? I've not seen Tharros for quite a while.

I probably should PM everyone.

Oh, and not particularly in response to the above, I'm currently adding substantially to the spreadsheet. There's now places for quotes, Misc. Facts, and some new Pantheons.


I'll be taking Mystra. And sorry for not posting much. Been super busy with work. I'll try posting tomorrow before work or Monday afternoon (most likely Monday as I'm off that day).

Liberty's Edge

The Dark Liberator, The Last of the Nightbirds, Lord of Epic Awesomeness, Greatest Dancer in the Universe and That's Just a Fact

Adriel has sent me a PM claiming Mystra.

Based on his earlier statement, I'm assuming then that Atheos wants Helm.

This means the following NPC gods remain:

Asmodeus
Lolth
Shar
Bane
Loviatar

EDIT: Adriel posted the post above this 3 seconds before I did according to Paizo's time thing.

Dark Archive

deity God of the Unknown

I choose Shar.

I know Her basic history and portfolio (hence why it's so appropriate for me to take Her), but I would not object to tips on how to play Her from anyone exceptionally versed in Forgotten Realms lore.

301 to 350 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / The Gods Discussion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.