The Fallen Shall Rise (Inactive)

Game Master Nazard

Brave aventurers help settle far-flung Arcadia for the glory of Taldor and the Known World.


2,451 to 2,500 of 3,842 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>

Male Elf Wizard (Admixture-Evoker) AC: 15/15/13 w/magic 23/15/20 Init:+9 Perc:+10 F:+7 R:+7 W+8

Round 3 Action:
Fire Rpaid shot at the Zombie on Abbas LB atk without PBS 1d20 + 7 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 4 - 2 = 19 dam 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 1d20 + 7 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 4 - 2 = 12 dam 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Human Cleric 3
abbas wrote:
Abbas will channel energy to harm undead 1d6 + 2 &#8658; (5) + 2 = 7 and move back to d23 and await the sunburst.

sorry that was round 2 action, also note the part about moving back provoking the AoO if needs be to get back behind the illusion


Male Human Druid 1
Nazard wrote:

Gregor's ball of flame shoots across and scorches one of the already injured corpses. It falls away to the ground with a thud. Any move, Gregor?

Up next: Biter, Burnsten, Celestial Eagle

I'm good where I'm at.


Attack of opportunity on Abbas: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Yeah, no worries there


Biter wrote:

The rage is because the Rath-cuddle was cut off so abruptly, thank you very much. You haven't had a canoodle til you've had a Rath canoodle.

Wait... what?

LOL. It's all true... but Rath is a very selective canoodler so few have known the awesome-sauce that is a Rathoodle... (Figure since we are portmanteau naming everything in this new world, we might as well include our own super skills so Rath + Canoodle = Rathoodle).


Ravieoodlies


Alexis Kirmoon wrote:
Ravieoodlies

Shhhh! you know that is Alexis' own private name for him... from all those stolen moments aboard ship... the subtle brushes as they passed in the hall (between killing pirates)... those 'climbing' lessons... the sweet rush she feels every time he says 'Rajkumari' and she knows he really means 'As you wish...' (obligatory Princess Bride reference).


Human (Romandan)

Round 3

Spoiler:

Summon Ancestral Warrior to help Abbas

Ancestor charge attack vs. zombie with Abbas
Charge attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 6) + 3 = 13


Get a room, you two. There's a nice big one with romantic lighting just up ahead.

Burnsten summons his ancestral warrior. His eagle vanishes. The warrior charges and dispatches the zombie in one slice.

The zombiehemoth begins to grow again (now it will reach full size in round 6).

I believe everybody is back behind the illusory wall. Abbas, if you wish to take an offensive action, insert it, but otherwise, people start making their way back while Alexis prepares to (hopefully) light things up by remotely repairing the sunburst device.

Falcon Gray calls out, "Sunburst has an 80'-radius area of effect. We might all want to get around this bend in the passageway."


Agreed, Biter will fall back to the appropriate distance on his turn... dropping rage as he goes.


Human (Romandan)
Nazard wrote:
"Sunburst has an 80'-radius area of effect. We might all want to get around this bend in the passageway."

"Well I'm not going to wait to find out so let's move to the passageway then"


Pete will follow his favorite goblin companion, he he.


Alexis casts greater mage hand and begins work on the device... Not sure which skill you want me to use, but these seem like likely choices. Alexis will begin each attempt just as the gem begins to dim. Once she appears to have it, she will run back down the hallway yet retain concentration on her spell just in case she has to retry.

Disable Device 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Know Arcana 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Alexis pops the gem easily back into place. The device begins to hum in ever-increasing pitch, and the glow builds. Alexis turns tail to run towards the bend and throws herself around the corner just as a blinding flash of light streaks out and down the hallway.

Let's see...84 corpses remaining, all within the area of effect, so each one multiplying the 15d6 points of damage and applying it to the creature...84 times 15...carry the 3...
Damage to zombiehemoth: 15d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 1, 3, 6, 6, 2, 1, 4, 2, 3, 5, 1, 5, 6) = 53 * 84 = 4452
Reflex save DC 22 for half: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Yeah, that probably kills it.

The flash of light is eerily silent. A moment later, a sound of a thousand screams (actually 84) fills the hallway and a snap of 84 lightning bolts cracks down the hallway. Pieces of zombie come flying down the corridor, slamming into the walls.


4452 DAM?

Since Alexis set it off... I think she should get all the EXPs. How's it feel to be 5th Level Alexis? LOL


Ravarath wrote:

4452 DAM?

Since Alexis set it off... I think she should get all the EXPs. How's it feel to be 5th Level Alexis? LOL

Stupid messageboards wouldn't let me actually roll 1260d6...:( They max out at 100 dice.


Human (Romandan)
Nazard wrote:
Stupid messageboards wouldn't let me actually roll 1260d6...:( They max out at 100 dice.

ONLY 1260d20!!! Yeah nothing to it I suppose lol


Ravarath wrote:

4452 DAM?

Since Alexis set it off... I think she should get all the EXPs. How's it feel to be 5th Level Alexis? LOL

Hey, who's tools did she borrow to do this? He he.


Nazard wrote:
Ravarath wrote:

4452 DAM?

Since Alexis set it off... I think she should get all the EXPs. How's it feel to be 5th Level Alexis? LOL

Stupid messageboards wouldn't let me actually roll 1260d6...:( They max out at 100 dice.

Well! Count yourself lucky they didn't save for 1/2. We would have REALLY had a problem then. ;)


Ravarath wrote:
Nazard wrote:
Ravarath wrote:

4452 DAM?

Since Alexis set it off... I think she should get all the EXPs. How's it feel to be 5th Level Alexis? LOL

Stupid messageboards wouldn't let me actually roll 1260d6...:( They max out at 100 dice.
Well! Count yourself lucky they didn't save for 1/2. We would have REALLY had a problem then. ;)

Hey, I don't know why you didn't just duke it out with the thing. There were only 100 corpses, and each one only added 10 hit points to the monster as a whole, so really, it should only have taken you a few rounds to do it.


Human (Romandan)
Nazard wrote:
Hey, I don't know why you didn't just duke it out with the thing. There were only 100 corpses, and each one only added 10 hit points to the monster as a whole, so really, it should only have taken you a few rounds to do it.

NO!! I'll get dirty!! this way is faster and more clean and thorough


Alexis gives a short, "Hmmph!" of satisfaction as everyone winces from backlash of the wave motion g– er... sunburst. Straightening up and dusting herself off with prestidigitation, she says simply, "See how much easier things are when we do things efficiently, gentlemen?"

"Oh, I almost forgot," she remove a pair of metal tools that she had stashed in her bodice in hands them back to Pete. "As it turns out, I didn't need to use these. I was able to manipulate the emitter crystal directly via telekinetics. Just the same, thank you, Pete, I'm glad we didn't risk damaging them."

Turning around, she says, "How about we let the dust settle for a bit before we explore the containment facility any further? I can't imagine that breathing powdered zombie benefits one's respiratory system."

As she moves to exit the place for a few minutes she remarks, "Of course, having the legs taken out from under colossal monstrosities while one is standing closer than they are tall is also hazardous to one's well-being. Wouldn't you agree, Elorin?"

Alright, well that was exciting. Pretty sure that puts Alexis in the lead in terms of body counts, total damage, and most damage from a single attack for at least a level or two. :3


Burnsten Woller wrote:
NO!! I'll get dirty!! this way is faster and more clean and thorough

So I take it that when we hit level 3, the first item that Burnsten is going to commission from Alexis is an amulet of dust repellent? ;)


Alexis Kirmoon wrote:
Burnsten Woller wrote:
NO!! I'll get dirty!! this way is faster and more clean and thorough
So I take it that when we hit level 3, the first item that Burnsten is going to commission from Alexis is an amulet of dust repellent? ;)

Level 3...oh right, doh. DING


Alexis of the intriguing place to hide calipers wrote:
Alright, well that was exciting. Pretty sure that puts Alexis in the lead in terms of body counts, total damage, and most damage from a single attack for at least a level or two. :3

Pshaw! Rath was about to get up in the Z'moth's grill. I was a round away from reversing the grapple and pinning the entire monstrosity when you whacked those guys that Rath let catch him!


Well, it was very sweet of you letting Alexis get her moment to shine like that. ~_^

Nazard wrote:
Level 3...oh right, doh. DING

OMG wee!

GUYS:
When you level up, please post in the OOC thread what skill point selections you make so that I can keep the skill matrix up-to-date. Thanks!


Male Elf Wizard (Admixture-Evoker) AC: 15/15/13 w/magic 23/15/20 Init:+9 Perc:+10 F:+7 R:+7 W+8
Quote:
As she moves to exit the place for a few minutes she remarks, "Of course, having the legs taken out from under colossal monstrosities while one is standing closer than they are tall is also hazardous to one's well-being. Wouldn't you agree, Elorin?"

Of course milady, that is why I took it out before it could stand fully and made sure the angle of the fall would take it almost straight down. Kind of like chopping a tree down in a forest.

You sumise that he does believe in his theory, thanks to a strong 8 wisdom...


"Elorin... are you certain it was Miss Nell who interviewed you for this assignment and not my sister?"


Male Elf Wizard (Admixture-Evoker) AC: 15/15/13 w/magic 23/15/20 Init:+9 Perc:+10 F:+7 R:+7 W+8

Sweet, precise shot, I can now hit things in combat, what a novel idea...

Alexis Kirmoon wrote:
"Elorin... are you certain it was Miss Nell who interviewed you for this assignment and not my sister?"

Well, your sister was there for a little of our conversation, but I believe the decision ultimately fell to Miss Nell.


Elorin wrote:

Sweet, precise shot, I can now hit things in combat, what a novel idea...

Alexis Kirmoon wrote:
"Elorin... are you certain it was Miss Nell who interviewed you for this assignment and not my sister?"
Well, your sister was there for a little of our conversation, but I believe the decision ultimately fell to Miss Nell.

Once played in a game with a ranger/paladin (not mine) using double sword as TWF. It took until level 4 before he got TWF style as a ranger 2. All of the sudden, he finally started hitting things, at which point,he got nasty, but before that it was a bit of a joke how rarely he hit anything.


Male Elf Wizard (Admixture-Evoker) AC: 15/15/13 w/magic 23/15/20 Init:+9 Perc:+10 F:+7 R:+7 W+8
Nazard wrote:
Once played in a game with a ranger/paladin (not mine) using double sword as TWF. It took until level 4 before he got TWF style as a ranger 2. All of the sudden, he finally started hitting things, at which point,he got nasty, but before that it was a bit of a joke how rarely he hit anything.

Lvl 4 will be a biggie for me for combat. 1 more lvl of fighter for Weapon Focus longbow, +1 to Dex for a 20, and the normal bab +1. +12 to hit with PBS should do it most times...


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

After about ten minutes of resting, you feel it's safe enough to return to the round chamber. It seems that the pieces that flew down the hallway after you are among the biggest remaining fragments of the behemoth. The smell is beyond description.

Falcon tentatively casts a spell and sighs with relief. "The pain is gone. The device registers as magical, as does the sunburst one, and the aura is still over-powering in strength, but it's normal, and I can detect the device, rather than the powerful field surrounding us."

He begins to examine the sarcophagus in greater detail now that the threat of imminent squishing is gone.


Make sure to ID those items we found (if we haven't already).

"Hmmm," the tiny warrior says, while snooping around the chamber, "Biter was'ing to thinking that woudl be a harder biting."

:D


Elorin wrote:
Well, your sister was there for a little of our conversation, but I believe the decision ultimately fell to Miss Nell.

"Hmm..."

I wonder, did Nell simply think I needed a man in my life? Surely she knows that I can only wed a member of the peerage... No, only if Alissariel had a say in things... Did she have enough faith in my self-defense abilities to foresee that I might need a scout more than a defender? Given our connections, she surely knew that Ravarath had been assigned to this expedition even if I did not. Hmm...

As they exit into the sunlight and fresh air, Alexis comments:

Elvish:
"Elorin, let me ask you this," she pauses for a moment to clean all the greyish white zombie dust off you, "do you feel that your abilities would be better suited to a different type of work? It seems like your style of combat is better suited to guerrilla tactics and intelligence gathering more so than executive protection."

"Were I my sister," she gives a short laugh, "and in spite of our looks — and I assure you Alissariel and I are quite different — I think your style of combat would compliment her abilities far better."

She indicates for Elorin to walk with her a bit and her voice drops to a whisper:

Elvish AND (Elorin or Perception DC 20):
"What I'm suggesting is that perhaps you might make a better scout or spy than a body guard if such a task would interest you. Given that there are some..." she glances over at some others in the group who are frantically attempting to clean themselves up by the river, [b]"individuals who may better be kept close at hand, it may be more useful to have you in a position where you can use your abilities to the fullest and keep an eye on things in places that I cannot reach. Would the life of a spy and a sniper suit you?"


Alexis will aid Falcon's research (casts Detect Magic).

K: Arcana 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Between the two of them, they are able to fully figure out how to work the device. To activate the field, you must place a creature inside and close the lid. It will then attract any creature matching it's general description within 1 mile (it gets a will save DC 23, but must keep making the save every minute) or be compelled to come to the sarcophagus like a moth to the flame. It would seem that the sarcophagus took damage in a cave-in, just as the sunburst device did. You are able to figure out the settings necessary on the sarcophagus to prevent the unfortunate properties of the aura; if you choose to reactivate the sarcophagus in the future, it will not require will saves every time detect magic is used. You also find the controls that let you adjust the sensitivity of the device. It could have been set as finely as to attract only rabbits, or as broadly as all animals. The more finely tuned you set it, the more difficult it is to resist the effects (bumps the DC).

Near the base of the sarcophagus, partially buried in zombie bits, you find an additional bit of writing in Azlanti. Falcon Gray twirls a ring on his finger, casts another comprehend languages and says, looking puzzled, "Faenyr."


Male Elf Wizard (Admixture-Evoker) AC: 15/15/13 w/magic 23/15/20 Init:+9 Perc:+10 F:+7 R:+7 W+8

To Alexis in a Whisper

Alexis and Elvish Listen DC 20:
Alexis, I don't believe that my skill would make a good spy for you. I don't know that I am subtle enough for that type of job, a scout and sniper yes. I will try to be what you need me though to ensure the success of this endeavour. Always remember that I can be counted on to do whatever needs to be done to protect you and the colony. If you would rather I try to fulfill this role I can try. To be honest though I am just not a very good liar.


Human (Romandan)
Alexis Kirmoon wrote:
So I take it that when we hit level 3, the first item that Burnsten is going to commission from Alexis is an amulet of dust repellent? ;)

LOL! Yeah you got one?


As the group continues to search and analyze the room and it's contents, Biter approaches Rath (who is still standing guard duty on Alexis… boring).

The goblin claps his old friend on the back of his thigh as he approaches with a grin on his face, "Biter ising to thank Friend Rath for getting Biter out from under falling unliving thingy." He reaches down and begins to massage one disgustingly dirty bare foot, "Biter is'ing thinking Friend Rath shoulding carry Biter back to the ship. Biter's small foot was'ing to take such a beating back there."


Sense Motive 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Rath looks at Biter skeptically, sensing the Goblin is poking fun at him. "Sure, Biter. May be raining out there... could use you as a hat."


Burnsten Woller wrote:
LOL! Yeah you got one?

Might be able to make you something that has prestidigitation on it. BTW, check OOC please. I need an answer from you on something before I can update the skill matrix for Burnsten.


Human (Romandan)
Alexis Kirmoon wrote:
Might be able to make you something that has prestidigitation on it. BTW, check OOC please. I need an answer from you on something before I can update the skill matrix for Burnsten.

I just did use the last skill point on Knowledge Local:Arcadia

"Abbas I have a request since you are a servant of the gods" looks at Abbas with curiosity "I know common things about undead but can you explain to me some more later on how does it work or they way does it happen?" turns to look around "I understand it must be later since we got work to do and I do seek all sorts of knowledge to acquire, but let us help in our current endeavour"


"Yah, Biter was'ing to think of sitting on Friend Raths' head to use him as butt warmer!" Biter is very pleased with his witty comeback, a giant smile looking up at the monk.


Rath laughs at his doughty little companion's riposte and points to the flaming stone on his head. "If you want a butt warmer, why not shove this..."


"WHO SAYS BITER HASN'T ALREADY?! HAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHH" He gives his friend an innocent 'am i joking?' look before continuing, "Seriously, though, Friend Rath mighting want to wash that soon."

Bluff 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6.

Sense Motive DC 6:
He's kidding, and it's written all over his tiny goblin face.


Sense Motive 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Playing along, "Oh! So that is what that funny stink is... thought maybe was normal smell from big summoned lizardy ummm... Iguana of Burnsten."


Human (Romandan)

"Earastil forbid Ravarath just the idea of something like that inside of me makes my spine shiver" as he smiles from the clever joke, but the idea of it clrearly disturbed him a bit "I could let you play with my Iguana if you want, I'm sure it will make you change of colors with it" as he makes a pun intended joke back at Ravarath.


Burnsten Woller wrote:
"I could let you play with my Iguana if you want"

Um... yaaaaaaaaahhhhh....


Post #2500! Amazing! {does happy dance} Edit: ninja'd! No fair!

With the zombies taken care of and your magical loot pocketed, you return to the Lady Iona to report. You learn that the animals on board ship recently stopped their listless behaviour and began eating again. It was getting close - much longer, and they likely would have died of thirst, which would have royally screwed the entire expedition.

With the animals back to normal and the mystery solved, Brycen is keen on getting colonists onto dry land, and the colonists are keen to oblige him. The party gets sent back to the beach almost immediately to welcome colonists and help get them set up with tents and temporary shelters for the night.


Elvish AND (Elorin or Perception DC 20):

Elorin wrote:
Alexis, I don't believe that my skill would make a good spy for you. I don't know that I am subtle enough for that type of job, a scout and sniper yes. I will try to be what you need me though to ensure the success of this endeavour. Always remember that I can be counted on to do whatever needs to be done to protect you and the colony. If you would rather I try to fulfill this role I can try. To be honest though I am just not a very good liar.

"Well, hopefully I won't be needing a spy per se, but the fact that you are stealthy and have been working on your 100-yard glare is useful in its own right. I must say, your marksmanship is coming along quite nicely. Even if I wasn't happy to have that zombiehemoth fall so near to me, you did land an impressive shot."

She looks back towards the rest of the group as they carry on with their jocular banter and shakes her head in amusement. "Sometime, the best defense is a good offense. Given that your strength, like my own, is to engage an enemy from a distance, I just think it makes better tactical sense to have you in a more forward position where you can assay a broader area from a hidden location. You can't very well remain hidden near me, and if someone closes to melee distance on me, then it would be best to have someone who specialize in melee meet them."

"In essence," she looks down at the wand she's still holding in her hand before reholstering it in the concealed sheath on her right forearm, "the best results are achieved by using tools and resources for the tasks for which they are best-suited. You'll still report to me, of course, but I believe you would do better sniping targets that are a threat from a different location. Enemies cannot then simply concentrate fire on the both of us."

Her blue-violet eyes meet your own and she asks simply, "Do you see any problems with effecting this change as our new standard operating procedure?"

2,451 to 2,500 of 3,842 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Fallen Shall Rise All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.