The Faceless GM's Irrisen: The Realm of Winter Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master kamenhero25


651 to 700 of 2,189 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

Mouse went forward, and checked for where people were, while everyone else scoped out the surroundings. Nathara came forward and checked the room that Mouse did not while Mouse stayed hidden. When Nathara informed everyone that people were only sleeping in the room, Mouse picked the window and went inside. Nathara followed her in, while Mouse knocked out the sleeping men. Once this was done, Eve moved forward to knock on the front door. While she was doing that, Morgraine and you each got a vanish spell, allowing you to efficiently sneak across the snow and join us... or ready an ambush at the front door. There are people in the room beside the front door, and the rest of the building is an unknown to us. Sadly, Ashen did not get such treatment and also would have a hard time climbing through a window. And that's what you missed on... GLEE!


Female Human Mesmerist 3, AC/FF/T 16/13/13, Initiative +3, HP 23/33 CMD: 14

Bluff: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and savior Desna Christ?"

Eve gave an innocent smile that turned into a wicked smirk. "Change of plans bring the girl out now,the Mistress needs her. Well raise the pay since it short notice but shed better not have a single mark."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

The sounds in the next room cease for a moment. Then you hear hurried footsteps. "Wait, what? I... hold on a moment." You can hear someone running away from the door and disappearing someone inside. The door swings open to reveal a large common room, lit by a large hearth at the center of the room. Two slightly confused looking bandits are sitting at a table while a third has opened the door for you. The last is hurry toward a staircase at the far end of the room. "We weren't expectin' humans. We've only seen those damned fey 'round here."


Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

Before following Evelyn, Eirikr closes his eyes and mutters to himself; after he does, he appears rougher and more feral than he had a moment ago.

Casting Enhanced Diplomancy

Then he steps behind and Evelyn--she had successfully bluffed her way through the door as planned, but it probably wouldn't be long before somebody figured them out. Perhaps sooner rather than later, since he spotted the man heading towards the staircase--probably going to ask their leader about this. Eirikr didn't want to deal with a necromancer just yet, and he was guessing the rest of the party didn't want to either.

So next he steps behind the man who opened the door for Evelyn and grabs him by the arm, pulling him over as closely as he can before wrapping his free arm around the man's neck as tightly as he can before slapping his other hand over the man's mouth. Ashen snarls the whole time while running towards the man at the other end of the room.

Grapple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

I'm assuming that's enough to be successful, if not the rest of this post probably doesn't happen. I don't know exactly what the distance to the man at the staircase is but keep in mind Ashen's speed is 50 feet.

"Do anything and I rip out his throat," snarls Eirikr, making sure to show as much of his teeth--all of which are far too sharp for a human's mouth--as he possibly can, while staring directly at the man headed towards the staircase. "And you won't like how I'm planning on doing it, either," he continues, pulling the man back by his hair so his mouth is just by where his shoulder and neck meet.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

The man who opened the door barely has time to yelp as Eirikr drags him into a hold and wraps an arm around his neck. He gasps for air for a moment as Eirikr's forearm nearly crushes his throat, though he is quickly muffled by the young man's other arm. The other two bandits jump to their feet, their hands going to their swords, however they freeze as Eirikr threatens to open their friend's throat with his inhumanly sharp teeth. "Abadar's a$$, what are you?" one of the bandits growls, torn between doing something against these intruders and trying to keep his companion alive. The final bandit near the stairs hesitates, a cry dying on his lips as he stares at the group wide-eyed.

Needless to say, the party has a surprise round. I'll roll initiative as soon as everyone gives me their suprise action. If Tiferet calls for the others to pop out, then you can place your tokens anywhere near the door to the southern room in the main room before taking your surprise.


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Skald 3 / Marshal 1 | HP 34/34 {conditions: none} | MP 4/5 | AC 17 (Tch 11 FF 16) | F +5, R +3, W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

As the various pieces fall on the chessboard, Tiferet's not idle. Tapping into the power of her celestial blood, she reshapes her flesh and bones into a taller, thicker form, her arms and legs bulging visibly as she does so.

Activating her Alter Self SLA, lasts 2 minutes.

Taking advantage of Eve's distraction, she makes her way to the door just behind her and Eirikr. As soon as hears the door click and sees one of its occupants running for the stairs, she whispers the signal to attack: "Now!"


HPs: 35; AC: 13 |Touch 11, FF 12; CMD: 12; Init: +1

Where is Vosi? and what is he doing?


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Vosi is in the room with you, Nathara, and Inire. He'll move when you guys do. If you want to give him suggestions for combat, he'll likely listen.


[img] [sheet] Female Elven Tiefling Spelldancer 3 / Mythic Champion 1 HP: 32 AC: 17 Touch: 13 FF: 14 CMD: 18 INI: +3

"Just stay close to me, will you?" Nathara whispers to Vosi shortly before Tiferet's sign. Nathara does not hesitate as she hears her sister's calling, she opens the door swiftly, trying to cut the villains path off and engages directly, letting the blade fly before the door is even fully opened, but she does not make a single one sound other than the attack itself.

Actions:
Move Action: Open the door, five foot step into the hallway
Standard Action: Attack (Captain's Sword): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

Mouse will stay where she is; she's as caught off-guard by how things just went as they are. :o


HPs: 35; AC: 13 |Touch 11, FF 12; CMD: 12; Init: +1

Morgraine is momentarily just as caught off-guard at how quickly things developed, but she recovers as Nathara flings the door open. She steps forward, looking in the direction Nathara is attacking and sees the bandit that was heading up the stairs. She mumbles a quick spell at the man who must be running for reinforcements, hoping she can befuddle him long enough for Nathara to catch him...

Daze, Will DC14


Female Human Mesmerist 3, AC/FF/T 16/13/13, Initiative +3, HP 23/33 CMD: 14

Surprise round is only one action

Well so much for stealth.

Eve draws her sword and readies for the enemy to crash in around them.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

I gave the people in the south room a free move to get into the main room due to Tiferet signalling them to jump the bandits.

Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

The bandit near the stairs freezes up for a moment as Morgraine's magic settles on him, but he shakes off the haze trying to cling to his mind. The bandit nearest the south door cries out in pain as Nathara's sword sinks straight into his back, leaving a bloody stab wound in his gut.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

Eirirkr could smell the fear in the room--and on the man he had pinned in his arms, he could smell it in his sweat, hear it in the beating of his heart--he could practically taste it in the blood in the vein that was right there, so close to his mouth. The hunger that was always at the back of his mind was growing stronger--it was practically screaming in his head now--and Eirikr couldn't hold it back any longer, even if there were people there, people who didn't know--he was hungry and he was hungry now and he would not hold back any longer no matter what the cost later would be.

Eirikr's world goes red. His ears, already slightly pointed, curl back and elongate; his fingerbones snap, one by one by one and a few of his fingernails twist outward until his hands look more like claws and then his legs and his arms and even his spine sputter and stretch out too even as he keeps his grip as tight on the man as he can. His mouth shifts forward as if he has something closed tightly within it that's trying to escape and his nose tilts ever so slightly upward, his nostrils flairing as it does--the beginnings of a snout on his face. The hair on his arms and the side of his cheeks grows thick and darkens but stays close to the color it had been before and the hair on his head, already unkempt and wild, becomes even looser, practically a blonde mane. And one of his eyes, the one on his left, shifts from the blue of the sky to the color of blood.

And there there are his teeth, already too many and too sharp for his mouth, they grow so much that even with his mouth closed they peek out from behind his lips and they are all so close to the man's naked and tender neck.

Eirikr activates his change shape ability, gaining +2 wisdom and making his bite attack his primary attack


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

The bandit in Eirikr's grip goes completely stiff as his body begins to shift around him. His mouth drops open and a low sound somewhere between a gasp and a whimper escapes his lips. The other bandits all stare in a mixture of fascination and fear as Eirikr takes on his new shape. "M...m...monster!" the uninjured man at the table screams, pointing his sword straight at the newly transformed young man.

Initiative:
Bandit #1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Bandit #2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Bandit #3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Bandit #4: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Tiferet: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Evelyn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Eirikr: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Nathara: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Inire: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Morgraine: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Initiative
Bandit #4
Tiferet
Bandit #1
Morgraine
Nathara
Inire
Bandit #2
Bandit #3
Evelyn
Eirikr

The bandit at the foot of the stairs looks in abject horror as Eirikr changes into... something. Then he flees straight up the stairs screaming bloody murder. "Rohkar! Rohkar! We're under attack!"

Tiferet is up!

In summary: The party's surprise round mostly goes well. Bandit 2 takes 7 damage and is wounded. Bandit 1 is grappled. Bandit 4 uses his actions to get the hell out and call for back-up.


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

As the door flies open, Inire is just utterly confused by the scene. She had expected to see men standing around comfortably, waiting. But as the yelling starts, she realizes that no... that's not it at all. She recognizes Eirikr's voice as the one doing the threatening... but then when the door is flung open, some sort of monster has its fangs pressed to one of the apparent bandit's throats. Her eyes go wide, and she has no idea how to react to what she thinks is a werewolf about to rip out a man's throat. All she really has time for as everyone else moves into the room is a gasp.


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Skald 3 / Marshal 1 | HP 34/34 {conditions: none} | MP 4/5 | AC 17 (Tch 11 FF 16) | F +5, R +3, W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

As soon as she hears Eirikr growling his guttural threats to the man, Tiferet knows the time for subtleness has come and gone. In unison, she and Nathara charge into the room from two different directions, the now even bigger and taller Ulfen axe-woman aiming for the petrified bandit right in front of her.

_____________________________________________________________________

Swift Action: activate Arcane Strike

Standard Action: Limited Charge vs. Bandit 3
   Greataxe (charging, non-lethal): 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 - 4 = 19 Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13

Judging by Nathara's attack and the guys we fought before, I assume this was enough to hit and drop him. If not, apologies and please assume she spends her regular round attacking him as well.

With a loud thud, the pommel of her axe impacts on her foe's temple, dropping him unconscious almost instantly. "Try not to kill them if at all possible – we don't want to have to fight them twice."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 just checking too see if Tiferet knows as much as I do about the Animate Dead spell, which their boss probably used on the guards at the ambush site ;)

Turning around, she's greeted by a most unusual sight. An hirsute, wolf-like creature is busy drooling over the terrified bandit Eirikr just pinned. It doesn't take long for Tiferet to put two and two together – after all, hasn't she been experimenting with altering her own body since her puberty, when her Celestial powers blossomed? Still, she knows how unjust it would be to compare their respective abilities. When hers first manifested, they were greeted as a blessing from Tolc. She strongly suspects the wolf-boy's experiences were very different. So this is your secret, young man. No wonder you seemed much more at ease in the wilderness than among other people.

Later, they'll have to talk. But now, they have a battle to win. "Eirikr, stop playing with food. Food, be good food and stop squirming" she says as she drops the grip of her axe down on the struggling bandit.

_____________________________________________________________________

Swift Action: activate Arcane Strike

Standard Action: Attack Bandit 1
   Greataxe (vs. grappled, flanking?, non-lethal): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 4 = 14 Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Tiferet's ax is like a whirlwind of pain, whipping around and slamming into heads and necks with brutal precise. Both the uninjured bandit at the table and the man helplessly trapped in Eirikr's grasp barely have time to react before her ax slams into them and leaves them both unconscious.

GM Rolls:
Ten-Penny: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Bandit #5: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Bandit #6: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Bandit #7: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Rohkar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Skeleton #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Skeleton #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Skeleton #3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Vosi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

As the bandits fall, a door at the far end of the room swings open and three more bandits pour out into the common room. The two men immediately draw swords and step forward to prepare for battle. However, the third, a young female half-orc, lingers near the door and hesitantly draws her blade. "Barzul," she mutters, looking distinctly unhappy to be here.

Morgraine is up!

In summary: Tiferet deals 13 non-lethal damage to bandits 1 and 3, exactly enough to knock them out. Damn.


HPs: 35; AC: 13 |Touch 11, FF 12; CMD: 12; Init: +1

Morgraine growls under her breath as the man on the stairs shrugs off her manipulations and thunders out of sight, his hollering fit to wake the dead. She is about to chase after him when the door opens and more men start to enter the room, heading towards her. "Damn," she mutters, looking every bit as unhappy as the half-orc who came with them. Then, on an impulse, "Get out of here!" she yells at the half-orc. If the other woman didn't want to be here, well maybe that could be one less problem to worry about.

She dithers in indecision, realizing with a sinking feeling that she is in just about the worst possible position she could be in right then. Finally, she edges a step towards the stairs to give those behind her room to maneuver. She levels her crossbow up the stairs, aiming for the place someone would soon appear and hoping the others would intercept the two swordsmen.

5 ft step, ready action to fire at the first enemy that appears above

Spoiler:
readied attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d8 ⇒ 1 -- le'sigh


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

The orc is rather clearly torn between trying to flee and staying. Meanwhile, Morgraine levels her crossbow and prepares to fire on the first person to be unlucky enough to come back down the stairs.

Vosi simply looks at the man impaled on Nathara's sword and draws his bow, firing a shot at his chest from his place hovering in midair. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a good angle and his shot simply buries itself in the table instead.

Attack (Into Melee): 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 4 = 9

Nathara is up!

In summary: Morgraine prepares an action and Vosi makes a bad shot.


[img] [sheet] Female Elven Tiefling Spelldancer 3 / Mythic Champion 1 HP: 32 AC: 17 Touch: 13 FF: 14 CMD: 18 INI: +3

Nathara notices Eirikr's transformation with surprise and mixed feelings. "Two ladies" he said. She was the last to condemn another for their heritage and yet she felt a little betrayed. His decisiveness and devotion to their task was remarkable, though. The powerful predator had something admirable, even noble about it, but she could not think about that right now.

“Don't worry about the necromancer, sister.” she whispers to Tiferet through the Message spell and made a step away from the door, to open a path for their graceful mouse of war.

“Arcane flow, surge and shield me” she whispered in elven, trying to not catch a hit while she performed the complicated gesture for the spell and let her blade sink onto her enemy within the same, fluent motion.

Actions:
Free action: Talk through the Message spell.
Swift Action: Refresh spell dance (I don't know how long it was active but it must have been a while and it only lasts a minute)
Move: Five-foot step to the north-west
Full round action: Spell combat
  • Cast Shield defensively. Bonus: 2 caster levels + 4 int bonus + 4 combat casting => +10. Casting Defensively: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 vs. DC 17.
  • Melee attack. Bonus: 1 base attack bonus + 1 masterwork + 3 strength bonus -2 spell combat => +3 attack bonus. Sword Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4, Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Stats:
Nathara Darkblade
Female NG Elven Tiefling Magus (Spelldancer), Level 2, Init 3, HP 18/18, Speed 30
AC 21, Touch 13, Flat-footed 18, CMD 17, Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 3, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus +1
Claws +4 (1d4+3 / 1d4+3, x2)
Longsword +4 (1d8+4, 19-20/x2)
Masterwork Captain's Sword +5 (1d8+4, 19-20/x2)
Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +4 Shield, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 19, Wis 11, Cha 10
Condition Spell Dance, 10 rounds
Shield, 20 rounds


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Back-up: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Nathara casts her shield spell, easily protecting her from harm. However, she becomes overconfident at the ease of their ambush and her sword strike is horribly placed, missing the bandit by nearly a foot and taking a chunk out of the table as he shifts sideways and easily clear of the attack.

Inire is up!

In summary: Nathara casts her spell successfully, but almost fumbles the attack roll. Fortunately, she does not.


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

Meh. Making everyone wait 6 hours would kill me right now.
Attack (Nonlethal) v 2: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 4 = 11
Nonlethal Damage v 2: 1d10 - 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) - 1 + (4) = 9

Slipping quietly out of the room, Inire moves If possible, into flanking out into the room. She seems shaken, and keeps glancing towards Eirikr as she does so... before swinging her sword at the last of the bandits they'd entered the room with. Just before the swing strikes, she twists the blade in her hand, threatening to throw her attack off entirely, in an effort to strike with the flat of her blade.


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Skald 3 / Marshal 1 | HP 34/34 {conditions: none} | MP 4/5 | AC 17 (Tch 11 FF 16) | F +5, R +3, W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

Since bandit 2 hasn't acted yet, I believe he's still flat-footed – and thus, unable to make attacks of opportunity. Inire should be able to safely position herself next to Tiferet and flank him thanks to Nathara.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

She can if she wishes. It doesn't matter though.

Mouse steps forward and lashes out with the flat of her blade. The light, strong metal flicks sideways, and strikes the bandit's temple, dropping him to the floor in a boneless heap, instantly unconscious.

One of the bandits from the far room growls and charges at Nathara, his blade held high. However, she is far too fast for him and his strike is nowhere close to hitting her.

Attack (Charge): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

Evelyn is up!

In summary: Mouse knocks bandit 2 out with 9 non-lethal damage. Bandit 6 fails rather spectacularly to do anything useful.


Female Human Mesmerist 3, AC/FF/T 16/13/13, Initiative +3, HP 23/33 CMD: 14

To Hit: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Evelyn moves forward and takes a weak swing at the bandit in front of Nathara.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Eve's strike is unfortunately misplaced and she fails to injure her target.

Eirikr is up!

Eve, I think you have a +1 to hit now, since your BAB went up.


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Skald 3 / Marshal 1 | HP 34/34 {conditions: none} | MP 4/5 | AC 17 (Tch 11 FF 16) | F +5, R +3, W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

Actions:
"Agreed. Let's focus on those guys first" Tiferet whispers back as she moves to prevent their foes from flanking them.

Perceiving the marked lack of enthusiasm in one of the newly arrived bandits, she tries to play it to their advantage. "Rokhar's gang is no more" she says, pointing at the bodies lying at their feet. "This might be a good time to switch employer, don't you think?"
_____________________________________________________________________

Swift Action: activate Arcane Strike

Move Action: move 20 ft.

Standard Action: cast Charm Person on the young female half-orc (Will save vs. DC 14)


Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

The man still gripped in his arms, Eirirkr feels the hunger within him raging too loudly to ignore, and he bites down on the man's neck even as he slips into unconsciousness. His fangs pierce the man's skin and he feels the blood pour into his mouth before dropping the man to the ground and surveying the fight unfolding before him. As his hunger subsides, he gains new focus--time to find someone he can really sink his teeth into.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

I'm assuming the bandit counts as helpless. Assuming the attack lands, Eirikr is no longer sickened. Eirikr also activates Martial Flexibility to gain Weapon Focus: Bite

Ashen, meanwhile, rushes towards one of the bandits, barreling through the open door until he reaches the man and lunging for his throat.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Ashen moves 5 feet NW, 10 feet W, 5 feet NW, 15 feet west and 5 feet NW before attacking the bandit he should be next to if I figured that out correctly. The man is tripped if the attack lands.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

He is indeed helpless. Smart use of fangs.

Eirikr sinks his fangs into the helpless man in his arms before letting his body drop to the floor. He feels the eternal gnawing hunger in his gut fade and his strength surges as he prepares himself for battle.

Meanwhile, Ashen rushes across the floor, dodging around and through the party and the furniture until he leaps at one of the newly arrived bandits. However, the bandit is able to lean back and avoid the snapping fangs just enough to survive.

The bandit who fled a few moments before comes back down the stairs with another gruff looking bandit, looking significantly more confident. Behind him, the party can see three skeletal figures ambling down the stairs. Their bones are held together by strange joints of crystalline ice and despite not breathing a small cloud of condensed air swirls around them. Their steps leave patches of frost on the ground as they form ranks at the bottom of the stairs. Behind them, a man appears, a short sword already in his hands and his fur cloak swirling around him. "Kill them already you lazy curs!" he bellows. "Or you'll be the next subjects of my experiments!"

"Agreed. Let's focus on those guys first," Tiferet whispers back as she moves to prevent their foes from flanking them.

Perceiving the marked lack of enthusiasm in one of the newly arrived bandits, she tries to play it to their advantage. "Rokhar's gang is no more," she says, pointing at the bodies lying at their feet. "This might be a good time to switch employer, don't you think?"

Tiferet's magic reaches out to the half-orc who looks very confused for a moment, then shakes her head to clear it. She looks slightly offended that Tiferet attempted to enchant her. However, she looks significantly more unhappy to see the Rohkar making his appearance.

Will Save: 1d20 ⇒ 14

The bandit in front of Ashen makes a thrust at the wolf. His blade leaves a shallow gash in Ashen's flank, splattering the noble beast's blood across the floor.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The half-orc hesitates for a moment, then steps up behind the man. For a moment, it looks like she's about to help him. Then her blade thrusts straight at the small of his back. He cries out in pain as her blade slides cleanly through his lower back, stabbing into his kidneys and leaving him bleeding heavily.

Attack (Flanking): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (5, 2) = 11

Morgraine is up!

In summary: Eirikr prepares himself for battle and Ashen charges in to attack, though he misses. Rohkar arrives with his skeletons and even more bandits. Tiferet attempts to enchant the half-orc, but the half-orc resists the spell. Bandit 5 attacks Ashen and injures the wolf for 3 damage. However, the half-orc turns on her allies anyway, stabbing him in the back for 11 damage and leaving him critically wounded.


HPs: 35; AC: 13 |Touch 11, FF 12; CMD: 12; Init: +1

Morgraine steps back and drops the crossbow she held. Her eyes narrow and her hands begin to gesture. "Sov evigt!" she snarls at this Rokhar and his men and the air about them seems to thicken, their eyelids grow heavy....

Cast sleep, if she can cast it in such a way as to catch the three living bandits nearest Rhokar without touching Eve, she will. 10ft radius, Will DC15

edit: and 5 foot step back


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

The three bandits nearest Rohkar feel the soothing waves of sleep settling on their bodies as Morgraine weaves her spell. The one directly in front of Nathara and the other standing directly behind him immediately crumple to the ground, overcome by the magic. The last shakes himself, forcing himself not to fall asleep.

Bandit 4 Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Bandit 6 Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Bandit 7 Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

Vosi flies along the ceiling, staying well away from the fighting and taking aim with his bow again. He aims at the bandit that threw off Morgraine's spell and lets an arrow fly. The tiny arrow buries itself in the man's shoulder at the joint of his armor. Ice crystals begin to creep across his skin instantly. However, the bandit shakes himself, brushing the frost off and forcing himself to remain focused.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d2 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Bandit 7 Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Nathara is up!

In summary: Morgraine puts bandits 4 and 6 to sleep. Vosi attacks bandit 7 for 1 non-lethal damage and tries to use numbing cold, though it fails.


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Skald 3 / Marshal 1 | HP 34/34 {conditions: none} | MP 4/5 | AC 17 (Tch 11 FF 16) | F +5, R +3, W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 What kind of skeletons are those? We might be a salvo of alchemist's fire away from victory...


[img] [sheet] Female Elven Tiefling Spelldancer 3 / Mythic Champion 1 HP: 32 AC: 17 Touch: 13 FF: 14 CMD: 18 INI: +3

Yay! You're gorgeous, Morgraine! Thanks to you I can do what I intended to without reaping two attacks of opportunity and having to cast defensively on top of it.

Nathara knew that she was going to attack when she first saw the necromancer. The bringer of unlife. The spell caster which they could not allow to cast spell. The alley open to him had looked like an invitation, and even though she knew the risk behind such a stunt she knew she was going to take it.

When the goons suddenly fell asleep a deadly grin appeared on her face. The sweat on Nathara's face was of tension more than physical strain and her heart was racing for the fever of battle, but before she became aware that she already made her choice her hand was already raised for the spell. When she whispered the formula it sounded like a curse.

"Take the light from the edge of the Dawnflower's demon, necromancer! No mercy for the wicked!"

Actions:
Standard Action: Spellstrike, Cast Shocking Grasp
Move Action: Move to Rhokar SW, W
Free Action: Deliver Channelled Touch Attack
Attack with Captain's Sword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Sword Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Spell Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
(She attacks Rhokar I should mention)


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

Hold Action until at least Bandit 6 Evelyn has gone.


Female Human Mesmerist 3, AC/FF/T 16/13/13, Initiative +3, HP 23/33 CMD: 14

Evelyn stares down the necromancer and whispers a few words.

The bandits have betrayed me I need to kill them first

Swift to use stare and standard to cast sow thought. DC 16 with a -2 penalty


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Tiferet:
You study the skeletons for a moment. They're certainly very strange. They remind you of burning skeletons, but instead of fire, their forms are infused with a freezing chill. You've never heard much about frost skeletons before, but it feels safe to assume they're an inverse of burning skeletons. That would make them immune to cold and weak to fire and add a deadly chill to their attacks and the air around them.


[img] [sheet] Female Elven Tiefling Spelldancer 3 / Mythic Champion 1 HP: 32 AC: 17 Touch: 13 FF: 14 CMD: 18 INI: +3

I take back my last action. Nathara is casting "Grease" instead. I marked the area on the map. Not sure whether I can stand on those guys, so I take a five foot step to the south west.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Bandit 7 Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Skeleton 1 Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Skeleton 2 Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

With a wave of her hand, Nathara sends two of the undead and the remaining bandit tumbling to the ground, unable to keep their footing on the slippery surface. Bandit 6 continues to sleep peacefully.

Rohkar Will Save (Hypnotic Gaze): 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 2 = 21

Rohkar hesitates for just a moment, feeling a strange buzzing in the back of his head. However, he throws if off fairly easily, looking distinctly annoyed. "You incompetent fools! What do I pay you for anyway? Get up and fight!"

Inire is up!

In summary: Nathara puts three more enemies on the ground with a well places grease. Eve attempts to turn Rohkar against his men, but it's less successful.


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

Attack v. Helpless (Nonlethal, Prone): 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 4 + 4 = 22
Nonlethal Damage: 1d10 - 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) - 1 + (3) = 10

Seeing that there seemed to be no way to realistically move forward, Inire instead decides to make sure the man on the ground stays there. Once more, she swats the temple with the side of her blade, twisting it at the last second.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Inire raps another bandit over the head, adding to her pile of unconscious raiders.

Eirikr is up!


Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

Ashen continues to fight with the bandit at the north end of the room, once again lunging for his throat.

Ashen's Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that doesn't hit

Meanwhile, Eirikr weaves between his allies and the mass of unconscious bandits to the newly arrived foes in the back of the cabin. The necromancer seems to be the biggest threat but he's safely surrounded by his minions--even if they are currently knocked to the ground by the grease spell. Never one to miss an opportunity to eat, Eirikr leaps at the fallen bandit, his mouth open wide, his teeth shining in the darkness.

Eirikr's Attack Roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Damage Roll if that managed to land: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Eirikr moves NW ten feet, and then W twenty feet and attacks the prone bandit SW of him


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

I think I need to clarify my maps more. That square is also the hearth. You can walk through it, but you'll take fire damage and might catch fire.


Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

Sorry, sometimes it's hard for me to tell what everything is in the map. Can I make it to where I am in between Nathara and Morgraine?


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Absolutely.


Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

Realizing that there's no way for him to reach any of the bandits without risking setting himself on fire, Eirikr maneuvers through his allies until he has gotten as close as he can. As he runs, his fangs seem to shine with magical energy, appearing even more deadly than they already were.

Ok, Eirikr moves there and uses his Magic Fang SLA


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Sounds excellent.

The two skeleton bodyguards slowly climb to their feet. They turn toward the party, a raspy growl escaping their empty mouths. However, a single gesture from Rohkar halts them in place. They both hold their place, icy clawed hands flexing as they stare down their prey. The sleeping bandit continued to do so.

Rohkar calmly descends the stairs entirely, crossing the grease with exceptional grace. He's very light on his feet for a spell caster. He scans the room for a moment.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

"You'll pay for that Tacey," he growls. "First them, then you." He points at Nathara and intones something in another language. She feels a sensation of utter terror pushing on her mind. She can't seem to think clearly anymore, only feeling the desire to get away as fast as possible.

Nathara Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Frightened for...: 1d4 ⇒ 3

The last bandit who was knocked off his feet struggles his way to his feet. He carefully moves clear of the grease, though it takes him a few moments while he's trying to keep his footing. Fortunately, he seems to focused on not falling down to go straight for his sword.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

The final skeleton makes its way across the grease, though it somehow manages to slip. With a single word from their master, one of the other skeletons catches its arm before it falls and it manages to right itself and take its position guarding its maker. The final skeleton moves to cover Rohkar, protecting him from attack.

Acrobatics (Aided): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11
Acrobatics Aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Tiferet is up!

In summary: A lot of enemies reposition themselves and Rohkar hits Nathara with a nasty spell.


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Skald 3 / Marshal 1 | HP 34/34 {conditions: none} | MP 4/5 | AC 17 (Tch 11 FF 16) | F +5, R +3, W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

"I like your credentials. Consider yourself hired" Tiferet says as she witnesses the young half-orc stabbing the bandit in front of her. I could have sworn I felt her will struggling against mine - and winning. I have to thank Rohkar and his peculiar approach to the concept of 'human resources', I guess.

Turning her attention to the approaching undead, she takes a few steps to her left while studying the new threat. "Kill them with fire if you can - and let me go toe-to-toe with them in the meantime" she says as she attempts to strike the unconscious foe at her feet with the pommel of her axe.

_____________________________________________________________________

Swift Action: activate Arcane Strike

Move Action: move 15 ft. S

Standard Action: Attack vs. Bandit 4
   Greataxe (vs. helpless, non-lethal): 1d20 + 5 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 - 4 = 7 Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Tiferet is a bit distracted and the pommel of her ax slams into the ground rather than hitting the man's head. The bandit continues to snore uninterrupted.

The half-orc looks at Tiferet and just nods. Now isn't really the time for words. Realizing that she's in a very bad place, the orc, Tacey, stabs desperately at the bandit in front of her. Her blade sinks into his back again, tearing a large gash in his body and causing him to topple over bleeding on the ground. Without wasting a moment, she charges past the party's lines, trying to get to safety. Fortunately, she moves quickly enough to avoid retaliation from her former allies.

Attack (Flanking): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + (3, 3) = 13
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Morgraine is up!

In summary: Tiferet manages to miss the sleeping bandit (would you believe has 8 AC right now?). Tacey finishes bandit 5 with a nasty stab to his back, inflicting 13 damage leaving him bleeding out on the ground dying then hides behind Ashen.


HPs: 35; AC: 13 |Touch 11, FF 12; CMD: 12; Init: +1

Sorry for the delay, the site was down both times I was able to check earlier.

spellcraft to identify Rhokar's spell: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Morgraine takes a quick stock of the situation. Her allies (and a growing pile of sleeping or otherwise unconscious bandits) were blocking her path to the enemy - most of them anyway. Nathara had a look of absolute terror on her face and looked ready to bolt for the door. not that I can blame her.. Briefly she considered trying to touch the woman and deliver the spell she intended, but decided it was too risky - Rohkar's magic might still overcome her.

Eirikr was nearest but... she paused. That was risky too. The too large teeth, the blood, was it dripping from his mouth? What is he? She was in the other room when he transformed, had not seen, and had been facing the other way towards the stairs when she came in. What she saw now was unsettling - if not terrifying - and she backed away...

..and her eyes fell upon the tall, white haired warrior who was even now declaring her intent to wade into the midst of the undead. "Wait.. She runs around, ducking beneath the flying Vosi long enough to touch Tiferet's arm. "Ward pahasta, pitää sinua haittaa" She whispers, finishing the arcane gestures to complete the spell. The air around Tiferet seems to shimer a moment as she does so.

Protection from Evil

651 to 700 of 2,189 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Faceless GM's Irrisen: The Realm of Winter Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.