The Dying City: DM Norv's "Curse of the Crimson Throne"

Game Master The Norv

The classic story of intrigue, magic, and strife in Korvosa, and of five figures caught in the balance of greater forces than they know.

Current Date: Starday, 10th of Lamashan, 4708

Current Map | Flex Time | Loot Tracker | Floorplan for the Rosa in Fiore

Harrow Points and Uses:

Current Harrow Points:
Callie: 3
Korriban: 2
Lantressa: 4
Matoska: 2
Teodor: 3

Flash of Insight: You can spend a Harrow point to attempt a skill check that normally requires training for a skill in which you have no ranks. You gain a one-time +5 bonus to that skill check.

Intelligence Rerolls: You can spend a Harrow point to reroll any one Intelligence-based check. You must abide by the new result, even if it's lower (but you can spend more Harrow points to reroll again if you want to).

Focused Thought: You can reattempt a Knowledge check that you have previously failed. On this attempt, you gain a +10 bonus on the check.


2,801 to 2,850 of 5,161 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

Male

It did not--sorry I wasn't clearer. Because of the stairs, it would have taken you two move actions to get line-of-sight to the elf, leaving you unable to cast. You also did not expend the spell!


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

[occ]K, well then, copy and paste for this round then...s&#~, she's invisible. Eh, I'll figure it out in the morning.[/ooc]


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17
Teodor Niculescu wrote:
Teodor swings his flail onto one of the dead rich dicks, giggling.

Korriban looks at Teodor, deadpanned. "Sure. Why not?"

Callie Cobalt wrote:
"Hey!" Callie snaps at Teodor. "These dead are already desecrated enough, don't you think?"
Teodor Niculescu wrote:
"On the contrary, they haven't been desecrated enough."

Korriban just watches Callie and Teodor discuss the issue back and forth. When Teodor heals them, Korriban smiles and nods at the priest in thanks.

Riceak Swordhand wrote:
"Is the priest...always like that," Riceak asked Korriban.

Korriban shrugs. "Kind of. You get used to it. He doesn't like the dead walking around and cutting jigs. I agree with him on that point. He also doesn't like snooty uppity rich people. Another thing we agree on."

He looks at the dead. "Looks like someone crashed the party and killed all of the guests. Well, every party needs a pooper. Luckily, our own party is going on pretty well."

The Norv wrote:

As Teodor swings the flail into one of the deceased's skulls and Lantressa approaches, a voice speaks suddenly from the stairs:

"Five little mousies came into the house!
Crushed a dead man like a louse!
But five little mousies'll soon be only three...
Come on babies, scream for meeeeeee!"

Korriban looks around, trying to find the source of the song. "The fu-"

The Norv wrote:
As the last word is shrieked out, it's joined by a sudden wailing shriek and a crossbow quarrel seems to sprout from Riceak's shoulder, causing the armored man to gasp in pain! At the top of the stairs, an elf in hideous makeup carrying a crossbow appears out of thin air, cackling with laughter. She leers down at the group. "C'mon, c'mon new friends! It's been a couple of days since I had anyone to play with! And now you can all see my work! I've got so much stuff to shooooooow yoooooooouuuu...catch me if you can!" And, with a cackling laugh, she dashes up the stairs and out of sight onto the second-floor gallery!

Korriban's ears ring slightly as the wailing shriek goes off. When he hears the voice and turns to the stairs, Korriban's eyes widen as he takes the sight in. When she runs off, Korriban says, "Consider the party officially pooped on." He shakes his head in confusion. "Wait, so we are now chasing a crazy, cackling elven clown?" He throws his hands up. "Sure, why not? Not the weirdest thing we've fought."

Teodor Niculescu wrote:
Then, after the elf appears, "By the End, I think I'm in love."

Korriban smirks. "Let's focus on catching her first. Then we can get to the wooing."

Callie Cobalt wrote:

Callie raises an eyebrow at Teodor, but the surprise attack of the mad elf means there is no time for a conversation. She is relieved, at least, to see him heal Korriban.

"Well, we've already walked into one trap, why not a second?"

Korriban smirks as he watches Callie chase the elf. He shouts, "You have to admit. Not so bad looking! You know, despite the whole crazy, cackling elven clown thing."

Callie Cobalt wrote:
"More shamblers!" She calls upstairs.

Korriban groans. "Great! Loads of fun!"

Riceak Swordhand wrote:

"Argh! By the stars of Desna!"

Riceak yanks the crossbow bolt out of his shoulder and after tossing it aside, goes after Callie.

"Best get behind me," he says as he raises his shield before him, "This might get...messy."

Korriban smirks. "Alright. Cover me and I'll get to stabbing."

That's where Norv's bot comes in. Sorry for the delay.

Now...

Korriban is standing next to one of the zombies. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees the elf disappear. He's in shock. "Where did she go?!" He frowns and yells out in Elven, "Show yourself! Stop running!" He then stabs into the zombie.

Attack (rapier, flanking): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 = 29
Damage (piercing): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16
Possible Extra Damage (piercing): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Sneak Attack due to flanking: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 53/55 AC:21(20) T:13(12) FF:18 | CMD 21 | Fort +6, Ref +10(9), Will +7 | Init +2 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 2/6, 2nd/day 3/5 3rd/day 0/4 Perf rds 21/24 | Disruptive | heroism 90 min

Callie attempts to somersault around the zombies, using her enhanced speed to help her move well past them.

Acrobatics DC 14: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

With a practiced tumble she skirts all the way around them toward the area not far from where the elf had stood. She waves the tip of her sword, and a cloud of glitter bursts from the tip and fills the area to the west of her. She hopes it might help illuminate the elf's progress.

Cast glitterdust. The blue cross on the board shows where I've put it. I am assuming the railing does not block line of effect as there are gaps in the rails. If she couldn't see the center square though, it can be moved 5 feet to the right. Also, if she sees one of the doors open, like the door closer to Callie, Callie might place it so the dust goes through the open door. My presumption with the placement on the board is that all doors are closed.


Male

ROUND FOUR (cont'd)

All the doors are closed, indeed.

Korriban follows up on Riceak's attack and, this time, stabs his rapier into the zombie's eye, which proves much more effective. That undead collapses to the ground.

Callie, meanwhile, tumbles around the other zombies and lets out a burst of glitterdust from the tip of her sword--but it just settles over the railings of the gallery and fails to illuminate anything.

Lantressa and Teodor are up (and Riceak has a move action left, if he wants to use it)!

Perception DC 20:
You faintly hear a giggle that sounds like the elf--she's still around here somewhere! (And you can pinpoint her location if you beat 40...but I'm not sure anyone can do that...)

Tactical Map

Vital Stats:

Corpses: HP: 12 each | AC/T/FF: 12/10/12 | Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +3 | CMD: 14 | DR 5/slashing
Crazy Elf: HP: 52 | AC/T/FF: 21/15/16 | Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4 | CMD: 21 | evasion, uncanny dodge


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28"Ah, my sweet, your giggles set my heart aflame!"
Teodor casts to summon a giant spider ...from beyond.


Male

"Awwww, you're so sweet!! But I hate to tell you this: I'm outta your league and taken, and you're gonna be dead soon," the elf's voice says. "But maybe once I reanimate you I can take you for a walk! Rolthy-poo's not very jealous about that sorta thing."


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"Death is no threat to a person in the service to Lord Groetus, my sweet. And a jealous man is a misogynist who doesn't trust you. Probably because he knows his own faults. I'd give up now before these maniacs murder you hard."bluff: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33perception to find her: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15sense motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 53/55 AC:21(20) T:13(12) FF:18 | CMD 21 | Fort +6, Ref +10(9), Will +7 | Init +2 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 2/6, 2nd/day 3/5 3rd/day 0/4 Perf rds 21/24 | Disruptive | heroism 90 min

Callie wonders who "Rolthy-poo" might be:

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Free Action

Korriban's jaw drops when the crazy elf says "Rolthy-poo". "Rolth? As in the necromancer?" He turns to Teodor. "Teo! That's the necromancer who's hideout we attacked!"


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Without the stupid Necromancer to kill Lantressa instead took her aggression out on one of the zombies. She chanted and pointed with her fingers outstretched in the direction of the nearest zombie. A trio of super fast, unerring, projectiles flew across the intervening space and slammed into the zombie.

Magic Missile: 3d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 1) = 7

Targeting purple.


Male

ROUND FIVE

Callie:
You have heard rumors of a man named Rolth--a necromancer said to be doing experiments on bodies in the Grey district. Beyond vaguely hearing about him as an unsavory underground character, you don't know much.

Teodor begins the gestures to summon a spider from beyond as Lantressa sends a trio of magic missiles slamming into the zombie beginning to attack Riceak. It staggers, but remains upright...

...while the obnoxious chatter continues. "Oh, Rolthy isn't a misogynist! That's so mean of you to say! He just cares more for his art than for the fleshy passions of this world." You hear a slight sigh. "Which is a shame, 'cuz he's so fuggin' dreamy. But heeeeeeey. Are you the people who trashed his den in the Grey? He was soooooooo mad about that! Man, now I have to kill you--or at least knock you out so he can take his time with it! I know--let's meet the lady of the house!"

At her words, the door across the gallery from Lantressa (within the AoE of Callie's glitterdust) swings open of its own accord. There's a brief, anticlimactic pause.

"Ahem. I said, let's meet the lady of the house!...Y'know what, whatever, she'll be here. Kill 'em!" The command is undercut by the fact that Callie easily dodges the zombie that staggers, teeth gnashing, toward her, and Riceak grits his teeth and knocks his assailant's jaws aside.

Teodor:
You can't pinpoint where she is, but you get the idea that her affection for Rolth is real (if messed up) and that she legitimately doesn't believe your statements about him--or your threat to kill her.

The party is up going from Round 5 into Round 6! (And everyone has standard actions again!)

Initiative
Teodor
Foes
Callie, Korriban, Lantressa, Riceak<-----

Tactical Map

Vitals:

Corpses: HP: 5 purple, 12 green | AC/T/FF: 12/10/12 | Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +3 | CMD: 14 | DR 5/slashing
Crazy Elf: HP: 52 | AC/T/FF: 21/15/16 | Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4 | CMD: 21 | evasion, uncanny dodge

GM Screen:

Purple attack Riceak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Green attack Callie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Korriban manages to hear the giggles. "She's in here still, guys!" He looks around. "All right, sweetie. Enough games. Come on out."

When she replies and accuses them of the attack, Korriban chuckles. "Nah. That was me and Teodor. I even went back to look around. Shame I didn't see you." When the elven clown calls for the lady of the house, Korriban sweats a bit. When the door opens and nothing happens, Korriban raises an eyebrow in confusion. A few seconds pass and he chuckles. "Oh no. Watch out. The nothing is going to kill us." He then runs around Riceak and stabs at the purple clad zombie.

Attack (rapier, flanking): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage (piercing): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

Riceak swings his sword again at the zombie.

Sword attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Sword damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 53/55 AC:21(20) T:13(12) FF:18 | CMD 21 | Fort +6, Ref +10(9), Will +7 | Init +2 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 2/6, 2nd/day 3/5 3rd/day 0/4 Perf rds 21/24 | Disruptive | heroism 90 min

Callie sighs, and stabs at the zombie speedbump, her sword glowing with arcane energy as she does so.

Swift Action to activate Arcane Strike

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage, Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

She also takes a brief step north. 5' step


Male

ROUND FIVE (cont'd)

Korriban darts over and stabs the next zombie in the shoulder, which doesn't seem to do much...he does, however, create an opening for Riceak, who manages to decapitate it! Callie slashes the remaining one, her sword aglow.

The elf, meanwhile, keeps up her banter. "Hey, you just wait! She looks awesome! And don't go callin' me 'sweetie!' You lot are the misogynists!"

Lantressa and Teodor are up, then the foes!

Initiative
Teodor
Foes
Callie, Korriban, Riceak, Lantressa<----

Tactical Map

Vital Stats:

Corpses: HP: 5 green | AC/T/FF: 12/10/12 | Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +3 | CMD: 14 | DR 5/slashing
Crazy Elf: HP: 52 | AC/T/FF: 21/15/16 | Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4 | CMD: 21 | evasion, uncanny dodge


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Free Action

The Norv wrote:
The elf, meanwhile, keeps up her banter. "Hey, you just wait! She looks awesome! And don't go callin' me 'sweetie!' You lot are the misogynists!"

Korriban chuckles. "I'm sure she is pretty awesome. Just like all of the other walking dead. What? Does she have fire breath or something? I'm actually curious for some odd reason. Also, not a misogynist. 2 of our group are women. One of my quirks is that I give nicknames to mostly everyone, friend or foe. But, since you don't like 'sweetie', how about..." He thinks for a moment. "...Harlequin? Suits you, I think. If not, then about you give us your name so we can call you that?"

EDIT: Seeing Teodor summon the odd looking spider, Korriban smiles, raises his arms in the air, and says, "Richie! You're back!"


Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

Free action

"I think he should have summoned a celestial creature. It would have been more helpful," Riceak said as he saw the priest summon the spider.


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"I don't tell you how to hit things with a sword? Celestial ...pffft. Useless puffins."


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

With only one visible target left Lantressa cast the same spell once again and sent bolts of force into the last zombie. With any luck she'd get to deal with the necromancer shortly.

magic missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 4) + 3 = 13

Doh! Just realized I didn't add the +3 the last set of missiles. Oh well, doubt 3 pts made any real difference against the now re-deceased purple.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 53/55 AC:21(20) T:13(12) FF:18 | CMD 21 | Fort +6, Ref +10(9), Will +7 | Init +2 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 2/6, 2nd/day 3/5 3rd/day 0/4 Perf rds 21/24 | Disruptive | heroism 90 min

free action to taunt and keep her talking

"How about we call her 'Cliche'? Really, the giggly nutso evil clown in a horror scenario?" Callie rolls her eyes. "BEEN. DONE. She brings nothing new to the genre."


Male

Botting Teodor and his spider to keep us moving...

ROUND SIX

Lantressa's bolts drop the last zombie visible, and Teodor's spider appears with a whooshing roar of vacuum and a sharp stench of ozone. Far stranger than any normal spider, it's body boasts strange, glowing patches and its legs end in sharp claws. As it appears, it whirls and scuttles past you all, rearing back to throw a rapidly spun net at a seemingly empty area. The net lands on the ground, and the spider clicks its mandibles in frustration, but it does provoke a scream from the elf.

"Aaaaaugh! How does it know where I am?! Get away, you creep!" As Teodor climbs the stairs, flail in hand, you hear the elf moving rapidly away. Just as she does so, two more zombies stagger forth from the room to the north. One is clad in a stunning evening gown lined with pearls in the Galtan fashion, while the other wears a rather stereotypical Qadiran serving girl costume. "Oh, hey! There she is!"

The party's up once more! Hopefully map will be up dated shortly, but for rough placement: two zombies are on the north side of the gallery.

Perception DC 12 (Lantressa and Teodor), 13 (Riceak and Korriban), 14 (Callie):
From the sound of her movement, you think you know where the elf is: the very middle of the gallery railing on the west side!

Initiative
Teodor + Spider
Foes
Callie, Korriban, Lantressa, Riceak

Vitals:

Corpses: HP: 12 each | AC/T/FF: 12/10/12 | Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +3 | CMD: 14 | DR 5/slashing
Crazy Elf: HP: 52 | AC/T/FF: 21/15/16 | Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4 | CMD: 21 | evasion, uncanny dodge

GM Screen:

Web: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 23


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 53/55 AC:21(20) T:13(12) FF:18 | CMD 21 | Fort +6, Ref +10(9), Will +7 | Init +2 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 2/6, 2nd/day 3/5 3rd/day 0/4 Perf rds 21/24 | Disruptive | heroism 90 min

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Finally getting track of the elf's voice, Callie confidently traces it from where she was before to where it goes as the elf flees the spider. Taking a step forward, she casts glitterdust again, centering it on the middle of the gallery railing on the west side of the room.

I have placed the new glitterdust spell in that location. She is centering it based on the results of her Perception check, so she should have it centered on where she heard the voice came from. If I placed the area of effect wrong, that's my misinterpretation.

I've also re-added my previous glitterdust area of effect because she has not dismissed the spell and it should have another three rounds to go, counting this one. (Unless someone dispelled the spell and I didn't notice.) (Spell lasts for 5 rounds).

If the spell does indeed land on the elf, it should negate her invisibility, give her a -40 to Stealth (I believe even if she leaves the AOE--the dust sticks to targets), and she needs to succeed on a DC 15 Will save or be blinded. It's a conjuration spell so elves' bonus vs enchantments does not apply.

And actually, come to think of it, I thought undead might be immune to the blinding effect but no, they walked into the other glitterdust cloud and they are not immune to blindness and the spell is not a mind-affecting effect, so they need to make saving throws too.


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

If the Necro is revealed by the glitterdust spell from Cassie"

Lantressa was quite pleased at the sudden appearance of the necromancer, sparkly as she was, and held up the clawed fingers of one hand and waved at her with the tips as she chanted, ending it with a nasty smile and a point at the sparkly figure. A beam of heat leapt from her fingers and flew across the way towards the necromancer.

Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 74d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 3, 3) = 16

...OMFG! I can't hit this b&##*!

If the Necro is not revealed by the glitterdust:

Lantressa, aggravated at her inability to target the stupid necrotic b&!!+, sent a volley of missiles at the zombie directly across from her.

magic missile @ orange: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 2) + 3 = 11


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"NO! DON'T HURT HER! SHE'S JUST MISUNDERSTOOD AND MANIPULATED!"


Male

"Augh, ah! What is this nonsense?!" The elf is suddenly limned in bright golden particles, clearly visible if still technically invisible. Meanwhile, one of the zombies lets out a guttural moan as the dust fills its eyes.

One zombie blinded and one elf revealed! If someone right-clicks the map itself and hits "send to back" she'll show up. Riceak, be careful of that dust if you do go to bull rush her...

I knew I forgot something...the map!

GM Screen:

Elf DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Purple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Orange: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban cheers as Richie manages to find the elf and attack. When the new zombies come in, Korriban snorts and smirks. "Yep. There she is. In her unimpressive glory. What? Is that supposed to scare me? I mean, zombies scare me. But, all of that build up and this is what I get? C'mon now."

Perception DC 13: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Korriban is having a hard time pinpointing where the elf is. But, that changes when Callie throws her spell and reveals the elf's location. Smirking, Korriban says, "There you are. Let's meet. Face to face." He then runs over to her and stabs with his rapier!

Attack (rapier): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Damage (piercing): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

I don't know if the elf still has total concealment due to the glitterdust. But, I'll make a roll just in case.

Miss Chance 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 83

At Teodor's cry, Korriban turns to him. "We'll try to take her in! We have to figure out what's going on!"


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 53/55 AC:21(20) T:13(12) FF:18 | CMD 21 | Fort +6, Ref +10(9), Will +7 | Init +2 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 2/6, 2nd/day 3/5 3rd/day 0/4 Perf rds 21/24 | Disruptive | heroism 90 min

The wording's actually unclear, but she is outlined fully by the dust so should not have total concealment. Unless.... well, uh... since you walked into the glitterdust cloud, you're also outlined (-40 to Stealth) and have to make a saving throw (Will DC 15) or be blinded. And if you're blinded, she would indeed be concealed to you.... This is an "affects all creatures in the area" sort of spell. I figured that was obvious/well known, sorry.

"I thought he was being sarcastic..."


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

It's okay. My fault for walking into it without remembering that it affects everyone. Just really wanted to attack her.

Will Save DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male

*sigh* The great thing about PBP is you have the time to actually check the rules. The terrible thing about PBP is that you have time to check the rules...and they often aren't super clear. See Discussion for some old-school rules lawyering. :P

TL;DR: We should decide how glitterdust will work for us going forward, but the weight seems to fall on it not blinding Korriban (or the zombie).


Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

Okay. I moved my character. I got this bad feeling that I may have moved him to far. Sorry about that.

Riceak upon seeing the outline of the wicked, yet clownish, elven woman, immediately in her direction. He had formulated a plan, but it was a shot in the dark. Still he hoped it worked.


Male

Botting Teodor and the spider again? Teo, you holding actions in the hopes of saving your lady-love? That's my momentary assumption... ;)

ROUND SEVEN

As the golden dust makes the elf's outlines clear, the others spring into action. Lantressa melts a hole in a western window, while Korriban lunges forward and, finally able to see the elf, stabs her in the shoulder with his blade. "Aiiieee! That HURT! Ok, enough of this!" The alien spider scuttles up to the southern edge of the railing and hurls another web at her, but it gets tangled on the rails. As Riceak and Teodor also move toward the conflict, the glowing elf-shape backs away from Korriban (only to find herself almost bumping into the rapidly-moving Teodor).

"Oh, this sap's the one who thinks I'm 'misunderstood.' Good. Don't hit me now, ok hon? EAT POINTY, YOU JERK!" She suddenly becomes visible as she fires a crossbow bolt at Korriban, catching him in the side and startling Riceak out of his wits as the bolt lets out another scream!

Across the room, the zombies have begun to stagger toward their prey. One lunges at Callie, but she easily ducks its swinging arms. The other, dressed as a slave girl, staggers down the gallery toward Teodor, grabbing and tearing at his flesh! The elf cackles.

Riceak is shaken for one round, a nasty shot on Korriban deals 13 points of damage, and Teo takes 9 points of damage as the zombie strikes him! The party's up (including Teo and the Spider, when we get to the top of the round)! The elf also provoked an AoO from Teodor, if he wants to take it.

Initiative
Teodor + Spider
Foes
Callie, Korriban, Lantressa, Riceak

Tactical Map

Vitals:

Corpses: HP: 12 each | AC/T/FF: 12/10/12 (orange 10/8/10) | Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +3 | CMD: 14 | DR 5/slashing
Crazy Elf: HP: 44 | AC/T/FF: 21/15/16 | Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4 | CMD: 21 | evasion, uncanny dodge

GM Screen:

Web Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Crossbow: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Confirm?!: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Bonus damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Teo Will DC 14: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Tressa Will DC 14: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Riceak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Korriban: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Purple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Orange: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

channel to heal: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7Teodor tsks. "Mindless cruelty is boring. We offer revolution and you play parlor games? I expected better, honestly."
web: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Knowing that Callie was in the worst position just now Lantressa sent a volleyball of missile at the zombie attacking her, all three hitting with unerring force.

magic missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 1) + 3 = 9


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 53/55 AC:21(20) T:13(12) FF:18 | CMD 21 | Fort +6, Ref +10(9), Will +7 | Init +2 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 2/6, 2nd/day 3/5 3rd/day 0/4 Perf rds 21/24 | Disruptive | heroism 90 min

"Thanks, Lantressa!" Callie jabs at the zombie next to her with her sword, which glows again with arcane power.

Swift action to activate Arcane Strike, because there's no kill like overkill!

Attack, longsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage, longsword, Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

She slices it through cleanly, grimacing as icky flesh spatters upon her.
At least with 18 damage done to it this round, so I assume

Callie then dashes with mystically enhanced speed, blue cloak rippling behind her, all the way around the room to help engage the elf.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

Riceak knew he had to modify his plan, but still he might be able to soften her up, before he sprung his plan into action.

"I got this!"

He quickly moved past Korriban and struck at the elven jester with his blade.

Sword attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Oh! So close to critical!

Sword damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

"What's wrong? Ran out of good jokes? Oh wait, I don't even think you had any good jokes to begin with, you sorry excuse for a comedian!"

BURN!


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban grunts as the bolt hits him. He frowns as he yanks it out. Teodor's energy washes over him, leaving more scars upon him. He says, "That's it! I've had enough of this." He quickly switches his rapier to his left hand and twitches his right hand. This causes his spring loaded wrist sheathe to activate and quickly put a lavender wand in his hand. He points it at the crazy elf and tries to focus the magical energy within the wand.

Swift action to activate spring loaded wrist sheathe.

Use Magic Device DC 20 to use wand of charm person: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Ooo, so close. Not giving up on this tactic.


Male

ROUND EIGHT!

Lantressa's missiles and Callie's blade make short work of the zombie dressed in pearls that had lurched toward the bard; as Callie dashes over the elf, Riceak chops into her side, provoking a scream of rage and pain. Korriban waves his wand at her as Teodor's light closes his wounds (and Teodor, I'm assuming that you use Selective Channeling to exclude the elf), but nothing seems to happen...

Then the spider finally manages to toss its web over the elf. She screams. "Aiiiiieeee! What is this?! Ugh, it's so...get it off me!" Twisting and clawing, she rips the web off of herself. (Which, while it's unclear, I'm assuming does NOT provoke attacks of opportunity since escaping from a grapple does not...) Seeing herself surrounded, the manic elf turns and grins at Teodor. "You want a revolution? I want a revelation! So listen to my declaration..."

Then, so suddenly she surprises all of you (and the zombie, which takes a half-hearted swipe at her), she hurls herself over the banister and plunges the 20 feet to the ground, landing wobbly but upright. "See ya, suckers!"

As everyone stares at the still-glowing elf in astonishment, the zombie returns its attentions to Teodor, gnawing on his armor with little effect.

Did not expect her to make the Acrobatics check needed to avoid AoOs from the FOUR people threatening her, but...guess even the villains get lucky sometimes. :P The party is up! I feel like the falling rules might be useful. Also, if you jump over the banister immediately east of where Korriban is, you can land on the landing of the stairs, which is only ten feet below.

Initiative
Teodor + Spider
Foes
Callie, Korriban, Lantressa, Riceak<-----

Tactical Map

Vitals:

Corpses: HP: 12 each | AC/T/FF: 12/10/12 (orange 10/8/10) | Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +3 | CMD: 14 | DR 5/slashing
Crazy Elf: HP: 33 + 2 nonlethal | AC/T/FF: 21/15/16 | Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4 | CMD: 21 | evasion, uncanny dodge

GM Screen:

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 16 - 2 = 27
Acro to Avoid AoOs: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Acro to Jump: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Nonlethal damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Lantressa was dumbfounded when she saw the elf jump like that, the woman was insane! Not inclined to let the psycho b##*# get away from them though Lantressa tore down the stairs after her, reaching her in time to reach out and try to tackle her to the ground.

CMB (Grapple?) with height advantage: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 = 16
Cat fight!?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 53/55 AC:21(20) T:13(12) FF:18 | CMD 21 | Fort +6, Ref +10(9), Will +7 | Init +2 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 2/6, 2nd/day 3/5 3rd/day 0/4 Perf rds 21/24 | Disruptive | heroism 90 min

"Oh, come on."

Callie follows the elf, taking a leap off the balcony and hoping her performance gymnastics come in handy once again...

Acrobatics DC 15 to mitigate falling damage: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Nonlethal damage for the second of the 10 feet increments: 1d6 ⇒ 2

And indeed she flips herself off the rail gracefully, bounces off the opposite wall to help break her fall, and lands with just a tiny "oof!"

Moving past Lantressa, she breaks into a somersault to get into a better position around the elf and make room for the others to follow.

Acrobatics to avoid AAO, DC 21: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

But she does leave her side open to attack if the elf chooses to take the opportunity.

If only I could switch those two rolls! Ah well. I think I can get her as far as I moved her with expeditious retreat in 1 move action. If I could get her one more to the north, I'd put her there. Now for the standard....

"You really need to have a better sense of drama, lady. You start a good show, but the middle needs a bit of work. Have you not heard of the terrifying elf sorceress Nimrana, Forlorn lass who raised her siblings to undeath to keep her company? We'll get to the best bits... Fanro, the shadow-cloaked swordsman, the champion of Pharasma, had chased her into the ancient monastery of the Grinning Moon, and his allies had her surrounded..."

As she continues on into her tale, of how mighty heroes carefully and cleverly brought down a cackling elf necromancer, the others begin to feel inspired with courage. Begin bardic performance, +2 to attack, damage, and saving throws vs fear


Male

I'm not 100% sure on the math since I don't remember which exact square you started in, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. Moved you 10' to the north! Also, the elf isn't a threat for AoOs; she doesn't have a melee weapon drawn right now.


Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

"Ah fu--!

And over the railing the swordsman goes as well, hoping to land on top of the crazy elf!

Um...I have no idea how to do this now.


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban is surprised as the crazy elf moves quickly past them. He looks over the railing at her as she jumps. He nods. "Okay. Not bad. I'm interested in." He then leaps over the railing. He tries to replicate a cat and land on his feet, trying to absorb the blow. He also tries to use some decorations on the wall to slow his descent.

Acrobatics DC 15 to avoid falling damage: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

He then glares at the elf. "Let's try this again, Harlequin!" He quickly swaps the sword and wand in his hands and points the wand in his left hand at the harlequin elf.

Use Magic Device DC 20 to use wand of charm person: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Dang it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male

Still have Teodor and the spider's actions, but since it hasn't been 24 hours and I want to adjudicate Riceak's thing and it's the end of the round ANYWAY...

ROUND NINE!

Riceak, here's what we're gonna do: Acrobatics check to jump down. If you succeed, CMB to body slam her. If you fail, a 25% chance that happens anyway. You then land in a random square adjacent to her. To save us time, I'm going to roll the dice but I'll do it in the open (and that way you can correct my math if I miss/forget any bonuses)!

Lantressa darts down the stairs and lunges at the elf, but she just sidesteps the tiefling's claws. "Too slow!" When she sees Callie's own acrobatic leap down from the gallery and subsequent somersault past her, the elf actually looks slightly impressed--which changes as soon as Callie begins her story. "Man, I gotta sneaking suspicion I'm not gonna like the end of this story...wait, what's happening? Why are you both staring at me? No? Above me? In astonishment mingled with horror, like you're about to witness an act of incredible daring and/or stupidi--"

Riceak Acrobatics DC 15 to jump: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 NICELY DONE
Riceak CMB to bodyslam (+inspire courage and falling): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 13 Agh! Disaster!
Random exit square, 1=due north, then clockwise: 1d5 ⇒ 2
Riceak's falling damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 nonlethal damage

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" The elf flattens herself against the wall as Riceak crashes to the ground mere inches from her. "WHAT ARE YOU, A CRAZY PERSON?!?!"

Korriban lands, catlike, on the landing of the stairs and flourishes his wand again...but to no avail.

Riceak takes 4 points of nonlethal damage, and Teodor and his spider are up! Also, Korriban: you know that even if the wand works she gets a significant bonus to her save because she's in combat with you, right?

Initiative
Teodor + Spider<-----
Foes
Callie, Korriban, Lantressa, Riceak

Tactical Map

Vitals:
Corpses: HP: 12 each | AC/T/FF: 12/10/12 (orange 10/8/10) | Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +3 | CMD: 14 | DR 5/slashing
Crazy Elf: HP: 33 + 2 nonlethal | AC/T/FF: 21/15/16 | Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4 | CMD: 21 | evasion, uncanny dodge


Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

All the math looks good to me. Just wishing that the dice hadn't rolled a 1! :( >.<


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"Korriban! Stop trying to roofie this woman! Riceak, stop falling! Really, folks, do better!"

As Teodor walks down the stairs like a normal person, The Spider from Beyond hustles across the roof and shoots another web. diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12web: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male

ROUND NINE (cont'd)

Teodor, you know that you're next to a zombie, right? I'm assuming so.

The zombie that had been gnawing on his armor swings a meaty, club-like fist at Teodor as he saunters away from it, striking a grazing blow. The priest stumbles, but continues down the stairs, joining Korriban at the landing. His spider, meanwhile, launches another web, entangling your prey once more.

"Ok, this? Super gross. Like, spiders are cute and all, but this thing? Not a fan." With a whirl, she disentangles herself from the webbing and performs an acrobatic tumble away from Lantressa, Riceak, and Callie, toward the doors to the south. "See now, you're not the only one who can tumble around, Ms. Tells-Gross-Stories-That-Feed-Into-People's-Negative-Stereotypes-About-Necr omancy!"

Teo takes 5 points of damage from the zombie, and the party is up! Bad news is she once again tumbles away without AoOs...good news is she's not nearly so far away this time. I'll update the map at work if I can, but she should end the round directly north of the left-most double door to the south. (Which is NOT adjacent to Teodor, since he's on the stairs.)

Initiative
Teodor + Spider
Foes
Callie, Korriban, Lantressa, Riceak<----

Tactical Map

Vitals:

Corpses: HP: 12 each | AC/T/FF: 12/10/12 (orange 10/8/10) | Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +3 | CMD: 14 | DR 5/slashing
Crazy Elf: HP: 33 + 2 nonlethal | AC/T/FF: 21/15/16 | Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4 | CMD: 21 | evasion, uncanny dodge

GM Screen:

AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 16 - 2 = 25
Acrobatics (CMD+4): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 53/55 AC:21(20) T:13(12) FF:18 | CMD 21 | Fort +6, Ref +10(9), Will +7 | Init +2 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 2/6, 2nd/day 3/5 3rd/day 0/4 Perf rds 21/24 | Disruptive | heroism 90 min

Callie keeps telling her story, not really worried about the elf's opinion of it--after all, it is her allies whose courage she wants to inspire, not the elf's. "Even more than fearing the champions themselves, the elf feared her own loneliness, and that the champions might doom her to such a hell for near eternity, so she tried to flee. But no matter how far one runs, one can never flee the torments within one's own heart, which can slip one up at a moment's notice..."

As she does so, she waves her sword, and this time instead of dust, a slick oil shoots out from the tip, covering the doors, doorknobs included, completely with magical grease.

There's no real "mechanic" for this here, but I basically just want to make the door/doorknob super-slippery so she can't open the door. The 10 foot area the grease is covering are the entirety of the doors themselves (not the ground).

She then walks the long way around the room to slip in next to the elf again. "Hi. Miss me?" She adds, before continuing her story.

Free-maintain Performance; Standard-cast spell; move, move

Just tweaked positioning slightly so you can see the railing/wall between the elf and Teodor

BTW, anyone still shaken by the scream bolts? I can switch to rallying cry if that's an issue.


Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

Haste sword attack: 1d20 + 1 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 10 = 18

Sword damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Haste sword attack: 1d20 + 1 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 10 = 28

Sword damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Cursing under his breath, riceak gulped down a potion of haste and charged at the evil elf


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 53/55 AC:21(20) T:13(12) FF:18 | CMD 21 | Fort +6, Ref +10(9), Will +7 | Init +2 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 2/6, 2nd/day 3/5 3rd/day 0/4 Perf rds 21/24 | Disruptive | heroism 90 min

Forgive me if I'm overstepping, but I noticed this, so I'm hoping it is helpful and not out of place: Riceak, unless the Norv has a house rule I failed to notice or you've got some fancy equipment, drinking a potion is a standard action. Even with haste you can't make two standard actions (drink a potion and attack), let alone a standard and a full round action (drink a potion and charge). (Haste gives you two attacks if you take the full attack action, but you can't combine that with anything else).

You also need a straight line to charge, which it doesn't look like you have. (Unless you have an ability that allows different.)

Hopefully, if you decide to keep the drink potion action, the Norv will let you keep the attack roll for next round. If you decide to skip the potion, the attack would still hit without the bonus, and your damage would be lower but still not bad.

2,801 to 2,850 of 5,161 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dying City: DM Norv's "Curse of the Crimson Throne" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.