The City of Splendors

Game Master littlehewy

Current battlemap
Map of Ardeep Forest
Map of Waterdeep
Map of the Adventurers' Quarter
Reynwyn's Loot Tracker


601 to 650 of 1,779 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

I'd say we could probably work something out...


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Hearing Arthur's ideas on the ankheg shell, Revjak grins broadly.

"Aye, that would be a sight!", and enthusiastically participates in stripping the shells from the bodies.

Arthur will soon find that Revjak is more than happy to talk about all sorts of things. The creatures of the wilds, the prophecies of the Tribe of the Elk, and battle, his main means of worship to the god Tempos (otherwise known as Tempus).

***********************

Revjak strides into the taproom, his sheer bulk made perhaps less intimidating by his genuine cheer.

"That are we, and we'll have meat and ale aplenty!"


Spider grins at Revjak's enthusiastic entrance. "I like yer style, northman." He sets to seeing to Revjak's request immediately.

So you have a few obvious options here at the Sleeping Dragon. You can talk to Spider and/or Kehlann, retire for an early night, interact with the other NPCs, or just sit by yourselves and get drunk! If you think of anything else you'd like to do, let me know.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

"That's the way! I am Revjak of the Elk, and you are Spider, correct? You have known Kelhann for some time then?"


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

I am Carric. Do you have any Elven vintages back there? Maybe some Elven Gold?


Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

"Mead would be most welcome. Tell me have there been any unusual events in the area of late?"


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

Once again, as the others head inside, Piety takes up his watch outside.


Spider fixes ale and mead, then responds to Carric. "I have a small barrel of red wine from the wood elves of the High Forest, will that do Master Elf?" He pours Carric a sample, and the wine is relatively young, piquant and fruity, but not altogether bad.

"Aye," he says, "I've known Kehlann for some years now. Ye wouldn't know to look at him now, but he was quite the gadabout in his younger days."

Kehlann snorts. "Pfft. I was a boy with a harp and a blade who thought he was a hero. I've lost my nerve for that sort of thing now, that's why I hire scoundrels like you!" he jokingly says to Revjak, Carric, and Arthur. "Getting a wife and child will do that. Too much to live for, I guess."

Spider shrugs. "Anyhow, I did a bit of wandering in my youth, too. Did well enough to but this place, fix it up a bit. Never found a wife nor child, but I'm happy enough here. Still visit the old crew in Waterdeep now and again. Now, about that meat..." And he takes off to the kitchen to get some food for you all.

Piety stands outside the inn as night falls, observing the inn's surroundings dispassionately. The marsh to the east and the small woods at the foot of the hills to the west are the only interesting features of the area, dominated as it is by farmlands. The moon begins to rise early, but the seemingly constant fog in the area means that though the night is fairly well illuminated, you can barely make out Selune herself in the night sky.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak grins at Kehlann and Spider's banter

"I would hear more of your own scoundrel days!"


Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

Arthur takes a sip from his ale. "You seem like you do a brisk trade with all the traffic on the road. Tell me have you ever heard tale of an albino gnoll?"


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Carric sips his wine and listens intently to the conversation.


Spider returns, disappointingly without any meat. "My scoundrel days, hey? Well, I had a pal, and we'd wander the North, not doin' much else but hunt down hobgoblins, orcs, and the like. Y'know, rescue kiddies, fair maidens, chests of gold, all that sort of thing. Then me and me pal ended up going to Waterdeep. He wanted to see Undermountain, and that's about where I pulled out. I was still young enough, and I had my whole life ahead of me. Didn't fancy walkin' in to that deathtrap. So, I hung around Waterdeep for a while, got my fill of the big city life, then brought my chests of gold here. This place don't make a lot of money, but it takes care of me. I still visit Waterdeep, but it's too big for me to live there."

At this point in Spider's narrative, a beautiful blonde, golden-skinned young woman comes out of the kitchen holding a platter of roasted meats, breads, and gravies. She places it in front of you all, with a smile for your obvious enthusiasm. "Thanks Aurelia," Spider says. "Enjoy," the girl says in a surprisingly low voice, then returns to the kitchen.

"Albino gnoll, did you say?" Spider says in response to Arhtur. "No, I don't think I've heard that one. It's a joke, is it?"


Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

"Quite the opposite but that's too grim a tale for when people are in good spirits."


Arthur, Carric, Revjak, Reynwyn: "Hmm," Spider muses. "Ye can tell me more about that when we've got a few more ales in us all. Everything will be funny by then! Now, what about you there," he says, looking at Reynwyn. "Ye've a wizardly way about you. Wine, is it? Wizards always seem to prefer wine... I've got a robust local plum wine, or a selection of Waterdhavian vintages. Or, if ye'd rather, a proper dwarven porter. Tastes like caramel and smoke."

A tall, thin man in reasonably fine clothes stands up from his table against the far wall of the taproom, says a few words to his smaller companion, and makes his way slowly to the door.

Spider is obviously happy to talk as long as you like, and seems to be taking your presence as an excuse to indulge a little in his own wares. You get the feeling he's a man of great experience. There are also plenty of other NPCs around as well.

Piety: You continue standing watch, and after a half hour or so, the taproom door opens, spilling warm red light out into the dark night. A tall, older man steps out, and starts when he sees you standing there. He shuts the door and walks forward, peering at you. Unable to see much in the darkness, he intones a few arcane words and fashions a quartet of glowing green-yellow globes that he sets to slowly spinning above the pair of you.

"Well!" he exclaims. "Aren't you a marvel! Are you... a thinking being, or just a construct?"


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

"I am a Golem. Technically a War Golem, although such Golems don't really exist in the modern age anymore."


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak clearly enjoys Spider's tales, and the ale. He turns to look at the tall thin man and his companion before they walk out. Something about them catches his eye.

Insight: 1d20 ⇒ 6


I wasn't very clear there Revjak... The tall man exits, the smaller man stays seated. There are two mugs of beer on the table still.

Revjak glances at the taller man as he leaves the room, and his smaller companion. They both appear to be travellers of some kind.

Outside, the tall man nods slowly, eyebrows raised. "Very good, very good. You seem quite intelligent. Tell me, how was your consciousness... created? Inserted? You are a wonderful thing indeed." He seems quite up for the chat.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

"Powerful levels of magic." offers Piety as an answer. "I could try to explain it to you, but you most likely wouldn't understand it."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Piety, LMAO, I love the unintended sass.

Reynwyn peaks up from his reading of the spellbook they found within the cavern of Shar when Spider addresses him. "Hmm, yes? I am sorry, goodsir, was thoroughly engrossed in this book." He listens to the drink selections a moment, then smiles at the least. "A mug of the porter, my good man! I enjoy a nice wine here and there, but nothing goes with roasted meats quite as well as a dark beer." He flips the spellbook closed and turns his attention to those around him and their stories. He takes a platter and a small loaf of bread, scooping out of of the insides of the loaf before pouring in some gravy. He then places some meats on the platter, then dips it into the gravy. "Something my father taught me once. He spent a lot of time in the wilds between towns and did not always have a bowl." A sudden thought took him. 'I wonder if any of these men have ever met father?'


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

[ooc]And I didn't read as carefully as I might have. No worries.[/b]

Revjak walks over to the smaller figure, ale in hamd, and stands next to the table.

'lo stranger! I am Revjak, of the Elk! Who are you then? And your friend who just left?"


GM's screen:
1d20 ⇒ 15

Reynwyn's dark dwarven ale is delicious, and does have a smokey caramel flavour. It's also very strong, probably 10-12%... Spider nods approvingly at Reynwyn's trail-style bread bowl. "Aye, me old pal Durnan taught me that one too. The best bowl is one you can eat!"

The smaller man, wearing a dun brown traveller's cloak, looks up as Revjak approaches, and gives a weary smile. "Well met Northman. I'm a messenger, returning to Waterdeep after some tendays on the road. Garen is my name. As for my friend, I've just met him. Some kind of wizard, interested in the local features from what he's told me. You're with the caravan that just came in? Merchant guard, then?"

Outside...

The tall man blinks a few times at Piety's blunt response. "Yes. Well. I say..." He seems lost for words. He then launches into a series of guesses about how you were made, all them primitive and simplistic methods that create only the most basic facade of true intelligence, and all of them wrong. He most likely couldn't comprehend the true methods of your making.

"So what do you do here, in Rassalanter?" the man continues on annoyingly.


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

This man is clearly an example of the education of this era. If I can get my body back, I'll gladly begin correcting this. thought Piety to himself as the man began making ill-educated guesses and theories based on wild assumptions that lacked even the basic knowledge of magic.

"No, I was not created by a god....No, the portent of a falling star did not put my soul into this body...No, I was not reincarnated by a druid...No, I was not cursed by an evil wizard...No, I did not eat some faerie food...No, I was not just 'born this way'."

Once the man has finished it's tirade of ridiculous theories and asks him a real question, Piety would say "My rather frail traveling companions require food and rest, and I am currently guarding them while I sleep."


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak sits by the man.

"A good night to meet, Garen. Aye, I am guarding a caravan with a few others, on the way to Waterdeep. What do you make of the city? I have not yet seen it."


Outside...

The tall man nods. "Very good of you, very good indeed. Well, I need to relieve myself, so I'll be doing that now, but please, consider joining us at a table inside and favouring us with your company. I would hear more about you, out of the chill of night." With that, he moves into the darkness to attend to his business, then heads back inside.

Inside...

Garan shrugs. "It's like any big city, although I suppose Waterdeep has more than its share of magic, wealth, excitement... I don't see much of that, though. I run messages about town, and out of town. It's not a glamour job. What are your plans when you get there?" He takes a sip of his beer, then begins packing a small pipe with tobacco.


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

"Truth be told, I'm not really comfortable with Humans of this era. They lack even basic education and seem to be akin to monkeys poking at things with sticks."


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

"I have been sent to Waterdeep by the elders of my tribe. I and they only know that I must go there. I will seek foes to fight in the meantime and if coin comes also I will not refuse it."


Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

"I am known to a few of the groups of means in Waterdeep, being able to voice for your skill in combat might help you gain some work towards that end if needed."


The taller man re-enters the taproom, a bemused look on his face, and he returns to the table where Garen and Revjak (and Arthur?) sit chatting. "Ah, hello there," he with a certain amount of uncertainty in his voice. "My name is Redtower, Vedren Redtower. And you are...?" He sits down, reaching for his cup of wine.


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Carric looks on the newcomers with unease and distrust.

I am Carric Amastacia, late of the Knights in Silver.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak turns to the taller man with a smile.

"Hello Vedren. I am Revjak, of the Elk. I was just chatting with Garen here. Are you also headed to Waterdeep?"


Vedren takes a small sip of his wine, nodding as you introduce yourselves. In response to Revjak's question, he shakes his head. "No, no, I'm from Waterdeep. I'm here to conduct some research. There are multiple sites near this little hamlet that hold interest for me, in terms of both history and the arcane. Whether or not my trip bears any fruit is yet to be seen, but I will be here until just before the first snows, I'd say - a couple of months more. What about yourselves? You head for the City of Splendors, hmmm?"


Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

"I am Arthur d'Cannith. We are indeed, I recently met Revjak, Carric and there other companions after a run in with an ankheg. I'm curious what are the nature of these sites do you believe?"


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

"Caravan guard. I get to slay goblins and get paid for it.", Revjak grins.


Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

Arthur smiled"You did well enough against the ankhegs I'd say you can get work against more than goblins and for better pay. Just always be wary of hobgoblins, they're disciplined and far more effective in great numbers than other goblinoids."


Vedren nods at Arthur's words. "Yes, those hobgoblins are wily creatures indeed. Much more intelligent than the other goblinoids. But yes, good man, the sites around here may, I believe, hold great historical and academic worth. The original keep of Rassalanter - the warrior-lord, namesake of this community - lies just within the small woodland to the west, and may hold great discoveries. The Stump Bog, to the east, is apparently haunted, although I find it far more likely that it is merely a wonderful habitat for a diverse range of rare predators. Still, there seems to be a connection between the ruined keep and the bog. I look forward to unravelling these riddles."

Garen seems to grow bored with the older man's talk as he continues on, and stifles a yawn. He takes up his mug and stands, though he is still barely taller than the seated Revjak. "Well, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to bed. Early start for me. Fare well, all of you, and good luck once you reach Waterdeep," he adds to you all. He then makes for the stairs.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

To Arthur, Revjak replies:

"Aye, the hobgoblins are worthy foes. Cunning and strong. But I face them down all the same. And what of this albino gnoll you have mentioned before? A particular one in mind?", he asks, interest in his eyes.

At Vedren's talk of ruins, Revjak does indeed listen.

"Rassalanter, warrior-lord, you say? And predators? A man could find good enemies that way!", he says with a hint of glee.

To Garen, he raises his ale mug:

"A good night and good luck to you!"


"Oh yes indeed," says Vedren, "Many, er, good enemies await the unwary in the bog, I'm sure. As for the keep, I have yet to go there myself, but my preparations are nearly complete. I'm looking forward to it, to be quite honest. I expect the place will be empty, but who knows?" The words are surprising from someone who looks so... unadventurous.


Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

"A flynd rather than a regular gnoll in fact but few know the difference. This particular beast has committed many crimes for which retribution is deserved. I always ask around about her, putting her to the blade would be a worthwhile endeavour in and of itself but she's a cunning as well as strong foe."

He turns to Vedren after answering the question. "I have some interest in your proposal but we shall have to wait and see what the season brings."


"Interest in my... proposal?" Vedren asks, confused. "Oh no, dear boy, I'm not looking for hirelings. I'm not made of gold, unfortunately. Also, I'm sure I'll be just fine. Despite my ordinary looks, I'm quite the capable wizard. However, if you are genuinely interested in my research and fieldwork, I'd be happy to share my work with you once its completed. Do you have any scholarly interests?"


Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

"In a way, more a collector of stories than a scholar. I think there are lessons to be learned from all tales, even those forgotten. Still in such old ruins one can find academic as well as financial reward."


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak shows keen interest when Arthur explains about the flynd.

"Should you ever catch wind of this flynd, let me and the others know. I would see it dead."


"Oh, I quite agree," says Vedren. "Tales often conceal deep truths, even factual ones, within their fantastical twists and turns. I have a contemporary in Waterdeep, a good friend actually, named Ammathair Hawkfeather. He's a specialist in history, theology, and myth, also in metaphysics and obscure religious practices. Lost the use of his legs, poor fellow, during the Troubles, when Myrkul walked the streets of Waterdeep. If you have an interest in any of those topics, you should seek him out. He's on the Street of Swords, in the Castle Ward. As is the Elfstone Tavern," he adds, looking at Carric. "You, sir elf, will no doubt find a lot to enjoy there; they have a fine array of rare elven wines and delicacies, and the decor to match."

Vedren drains his cup and gives a sigh. "Well, as pleasant as your company is, I had better take my leave. I've an early start tomorrow, and hopefully the day after I can head into the keep and begin uncovering its secrets. Fare well, and well met, my friends! Perhaps I shall see you in the city over the winter." He stands up, shaking hands with all of you, and totters towards the stairs.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak raises his ale.

"Aye, and good travels to you too, Vedren!"

After Vedren leaves, he turns to Arthur.

"Quite the stories!"


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Right! Looking forward to seeing this Elfstone Tavern he bespeaks.


Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

"Might I ask, I have not seen your companion without his armour, Piety? I did not want to be rude as it is most likely a sensitive matter. Is there anything I should be aware of?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak looks amused.

"Arthur, you should *definitely* ask him about that yourself.", he says, barely holding back a wink.

Deception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17


At this point, all of you in the taproom hear Spider trying to press Kehlann into singing the crowd a song, but the merchant-noble demures. "No, no, let me enjoy my pint, man!" This continues on for a few moments before the idea strikes Kehlann. "Now look, we have a fine songsmith sitting just over here, far more talented than I. Arthur, why don't you get your lute out and sing something for Spider, if only to get him off my back!"


Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

Arthur agrees to play his lute and ends up playing a few humorous songs, one about an elf from the Dale who chases after a deer getting into various misadventures along the way. The next is of a two young dwarven prospectors arguing over the best way to extract a mysterious mineral in the end to discover it is fossilized dung after wasting the whole day arguing about it.


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

After the thought of his father, Reynwyn suddenly become insular and retreated from the conversation for a time, being content to sit and listen to others rather than engage. So much had changed in a short time in his life, one day he was set to marry his love Ania and now... Now he was off on some adventure to seek out this mysterious patron of his, following in his uncle's footsteps to track down everything he could. Footsteps that had apparently cost him his very life. He absently strokes the feathers of Jareth from where he sits upon Reynwyn's shoulders who preens at the attention.

As the lute strings fill the air, Reynwyn shakes himself from his reverie as he realized that despite all the rejections he'd faced in his life he had someone that seemed to care about him. She had kept him safe several times thus far in this journey and granted him quite potent abilities to strike down those that oppose him. He sits up in his chair and asks Spider for another round of the dwarvish porter to go along with the ridiculous song! "A dwarven drink to go with a dwarven song I say!" Even Jareth seemed to be enjoying himself as he bobbed his head along with the tempo of the tunes, even cawing raucously at the end!


Arthur gets his lute out of its case, and the rest of the patrons in the inn, mostly farmers and guardsmen now, start to call out encouragingly. They enjoy the tunes immensely, tapping their mugs on tables throughout the second one, and laughing in all the right places. Kehlann and Spider know the second one, too, and join in for the choruses - Kehlann in a pleasing tenor, Spider in a rumbling baritone. After Arthur puts the instrument aside, Spider begins again on Kehlann to play a tune. After a minute, the noble relents, on the condition that Arthur join him, and he goes upstairs to retrieve his own instrument, a small travelling zither, which none of you have seen or heard him play on the journey yet. Spider smiles in satisfaction, and as Kehlann heads up the stairs, Spider offers you all a free round (well, free for Kehlann), and begins taking your orders.

Since Arthur began playing, the noise in the taproom has increased significantly; where before most folk were chatting in comfortable murmurs, the music and levels of inebriation have both contributed to a more enthusiastic volume of conversation. Still, less than a minute after Kehlann retreated up to his room, a shout (scream?) cuts through the noise downstairs. It is clearly Kehlann, up in his room.

Piety hears the shout clearly from the second floor as well.

601 to 650 of 1,779 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Splendors Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.