The Barbarians are Coming! (Saxony 500 AD)

Game Master Brian Minhinnick

Shortly after the fall of the Roman Empire, there is room in Europe for great heroes to lead their people to glory. As Saxon Thegns you will have your chance.


101 to 150 of 170 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Male Human (Saxon) Fighter 2

Round 2
Initiative 14

Isegrimm closed on the bandits, freeing his battle-axe as he approached.

"Take down this one," he called to Bertman and Aldalger as he broke off to engage the archer further south.

Isegrimm rushed in at the ambushing archer, shield held forward to guard him against incoming arrows. Crashing through the foliage, the Frank-trained Saxon gave a brutal shove with his shield, throwing his foe off balance as he lashed out with his axe. The hooked blade caught the man's bow, and Isegrimm pulled the weapon out of the man's hands with a vicious jerk of his arm.

Isegrimm orders his men to attack Bandit 2, then moves to engage Bandit 3 (will end movement three spaces directly below Odalric). Disarm 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Liberty's Edge

HP: 96/119, Rage 4/9, Bloodrage 11/16
Stats:
AC 26, T 14, FF 26 // Fort +13 (+16), Ref +10 Will +2 // CMD 31 (32 vs overrun))
Active:

Round 2
Initiative 15

Adalgar and Bertman stab with their spears, following Isegrimm's orders.

Attack 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage 1 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Attack 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage 2 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

They both miss

Initiative 14

Isegrimm successfully disarms bandit 3.

Initiative 12

Tuma and Tegze fire their bows at bandit 8.

Attack 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage 1 1d8 ⇒ 8

Attack 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage 2 1d8 ⇒ 7

Tuma's arrow flies wide, but Tegze's strikes home drawing first blood on the man.

Initiative 11

Bandit 2 on Odalric

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Bandit 3 attempts to picks up his spear Attack of opportunity from Isegrimm

Bandits 4 and 5 step back and fire their bows at Irminric.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Both strikes hit home and Irminric goes down, his feathered body covered in blood. Bleeding out at -5

Bandit 8 shoots at Berengar

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Berengar take 2 damage after DR

Initiative 10

Alric and Eadulf move towards bandit 8, and stab at him with their longspears.

Attack 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage 1 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Attack 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage 2 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Eadulf's blow strikes home and punctures a bloody hole in the bandit's chest. The bandit sways on his feet, but remains standing.

Initiative 6

Ordric steps forward and stabs at bandit number 4 with his longspear.

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Critical defense roll 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 vs DC 21
Damage 1d8 + 3 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (2) + 3 = 13

His spearhead goes right through the man's chest, and there is an arterial spray as a lung collapses. The man looks like he's on his last legs.

Okay, Ruhas and Berengar can act now.

Map


Berengar screams in rage as the arrow pierces his bear hide. "Take him down hard, boys!" he yells to Alric and Ealdulf. He himself, rushes behind some vegetation, trying to flank and cut off the archers attacking Ordric's men.

Double Move
Move O9, O8, O7, P6, Q5, R4, S3, S2.


Male Human Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Sorry for the delay

Ruhas fires an arrow at the bandit engaging Isegrimm before riding off to assist Odalric and Berengar, sure that his cousins combined with Berengar's men can easily handle the one remaining bandit in front of them.

Attack. -4 for firing into melee and +1 from Point Blank Shot 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage if hit 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Move to I4-K5

Liberty's Edge

HP: 96/119, Rage 4/9, Bloodrage 11/16
Stats:
AC 26, T 14, FF 26 // Fort +13 (+16), Ref +10 Will +2 // CMD 31 (32 vs overrun))
Active:

Round 2
Initiative 5

Ruhas' arrow strikes a glancing blow on the bandit locked in melee with Isegrimm, as he rides his horse through the battlefield.

Initiative 4

Eadblad and Osric step forward over the body of their fallen companion and stab at the bandits...

Attack on #5 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Critical defense roll 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 vs DC 21
Damage 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 6 = 16

Attack on #4 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Osric's spear lands right in his target's adam's apple, and the long shaft continues onwards in a wicked upward thrust that leaves the blade and a foot of shaft protruding from the top of the bandit's skull.

Initiative 3

Berengar Moves up

End of Round 2
-------------
Start Round 3

Odalric 21
Adalger and Bertman 15
Isegrimm 14
Tuma and Tegze 12
Bandits 11
Alric and Eadulf 10
Ordric 6
Ruhas 5
Eadbald, Osric, and Irminric 4
Berengar 3

map

Odalric you're up.


Round: 3
Initiative: 21

After removing the first bandit of the burden that was his head, Odalric wastes no time in moving onto the next. He carries his swing to the next adjacent bandit, again emitting a deliberate roar in synchronicity with his strike.

Attacking bandit 2 with a two-handed strike.

Battleaxe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Current Status: (raging)
HP: 23 plus 4 temp
Defense: 9, Will: +4, Str 18, Con 19
Rage Rounds: 3

Liberty's Edge

HP: 96/119, Rage 4/9, Bloodrage 11/16
Stats:
AC 26, T 14, FF 26 // Fort +13 (+16), Ref +10 Will +2 // CMD 31 (32 vs overrun))
Active:

Round 3
Initiative 21

Odalric's axe cleaves the bandit's armor and most of his chest open, and though he screams in terrible pain the tough leather prevented him from dying instantly. He stands swaying on his feet looking terrified.

Initiative 15

Adalrgar attempts to finish off the bandit Odalric just hit, while Bertman attempts to support Isegrimm.

Attack on #2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Attack on #3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Both bandits go down from the thrusts.

Isegrimm you're up


Male Human (Saxon) Fighter 2

Seeing the situation well in hand, Isegrimm advances to the other side of the ambush, shield raised to guard him from arrows.

Total defense and moving over toward the east side of the map.


Round 3
Initiative 14

Isegrimm runs over to the east side of the battlefield.

Initiative 12

Tuma and Tegze advance, then fire their bows at the bandit squaring off with Alric and Eadulf.

Attack 1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Attack 2 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Tuma's arrow catches the already wounded man in the throat and he goes down.

Initiative 10

The final remaining bandit turns and tries to flee for his life. Attacks of Opportunity from Ordric, Eadbald, and Osric

Attack 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Attack 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Attack 3 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

All three spears catch him in his cowardly back, and he goes down like a sack of suet. Cheers erupt from the men of the gedryhte.

Combat is over. What do you want to do?


Odalric comes out of his divine fury with a a deep exhalation, letting loose the weight of battle. As he turns to regard the rest of the scene, he sees Irminric on the ground, feathered by arrows. He let's out a shout of fear and charges across the brush to his fallen companion, grabbing him and rolling him over to see if he is still alive and tries to keep him so if he is.

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Okay, in case you guys didn't notice, I'm only giving PCs healing surges after all. Fights would just go on forever otherwise. So no healing surges for NPCs.

Irminric is close to death (you manage to stabalize him at -7). However he is likely to be unconscious for days, if he will ever recover. He's certainly in no condition to travel.


Berengar spins around looking for further enemies. Seeing none, he closes his eyes and the bloodlust fades from him. His shoulders drop considerably and it almost seems as if he shrinks in size. He clutches his shoulder she he was wounded and walks back to his gedryht. He claps them on the back. "Good fight. You honored yourselves today. May the Great Bear look favorably on your skills."


Male Human (Saxon) Fighter 2

Isegrimm calmly walked over to the fallen Irminric, watching Odalric effectively (if inexpertly) apply bandages the man's wounds. Isegrimm himself had learned something of the Roman art of healing with the Franks, but the rough medicine of his own people would suffice for now.

"He is out of danger, for now. Calm yourself, Odalric. We can take turns caring for him - though I do not know how well he will recover in these wild lands."

With a shrug, Isegrimm went to compliment hsi gedryht on their performance in battle.

"As a pack of wolves we fight - always together, always side-by-side. Where one is weak, the others are strong, and when the foe's back is turned to one, another can strike. We must always fight as such."


Male Human Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Surge 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Ruhas moves over to his cousins once the battle is over. "Good work you two. I'm glad to have you around. In these woods I'm nothing but target practice." He starts to examine himself and his horse to see if either of them is wounded.


Do we need to use healing surges? I forgot how healing is being handled.

Berengar looks on a Odalric tends to his gedryht. "We can camp for the day, Silver-Tongue. Let your man rest and heal. Tomorrow we can carry him on the horses to continue."


Odalric finishes tending to Irminric and stands, turning to the others. He nods to Berengar. "I would be honored if we might do so. He lived through the onslaught...I would hate to see his tenacity wasted by a jostling hike through the woods."

How far out are we from Bremen again? Odalric would not be opposed to having Ordric and Eadbald take Irminric back to the encampment so that the rest of us might continue on.


It's either surges or natural healing. You are four days out from Bremen. About two more to get to the Bruchteri.


Camping for the night, then? I believe we were searching for a campsite when we were attacked. If so, Odalric is going to have Osric (who I meant in my previous post, not Ordric) and Eadbald keep close watch on Irminric throughout the night while Odalric is asleep, making heal checks whenever possible to clean wounds/change makeshift wrappings/whatever, with Odalric then taking over in between so they can sleep. If Irminric is still not to fit to travel on the following day, he will have Osric and Eadbald make a much slower pace to the destination with him if that is possible, while the rest of the group move ahead. Odalric does not want to see one of his kin die to such rabble, but he won't let it inconvenience the mission for more than the day.


Con check 1d20 ⇒ 16

After an hour or so Irminric comes to. He is able to slowly hobble about with the aid of Osric and Eadbald. They agree to make their own way to the Bruchteri settlement, at a much slower pace.


Berengar scouts around and finds a suitable campsite. He leads everyone to it with Osric and Eadbald, carrying Irminric. In short order, the group is able to relax and tend to any wounds from the skirmish. With unspoken words from Berengar, Alric and Ealdulf offer to help the other Thegns and gedryht with tasks around the camp.

Survival, take 10 10 + 5 = 15
Healing surge 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Human (Saxon) Fighter 2

Whilst camp is being set up, Isegrimm and his men see to the disposal of the bodies of the bandits, piling them in a mass grave away from the campsite. As they worked, Isegrimm examined the men, trying to determine their origins.

Knowledge: Geography 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


They look like local men fallen on hard times.


Odalric grasps Irminric's shoulder after he awakens and gives him a reassuring nod. "It is not your time to join Woden in his hall." After confirming his plans for Osric and Eadbald to carry Irminric on, Odalric moves around the outskirts of the camp, doing a light forage for some food.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

When he returns, Odalric sits before the fire and draws Feller and starts sharpening it on a whetstone rhythmically as he stares into the flames, and soon the scrape of metal on stone becomes the percussion for a wordless tune that he hums.


Morning comes swiftly after an uneventful night. You wake with the dawn and Osric and Eadbald begin to fashion a litter to carry Irminric on. They wish you swift journey and swear to be there as quickly as possible.

They rest of the group heads out continuing south and west.

Day 5:1d100 ⇒ 73 The beautiful weather of the fifth day out from Bremen is welcome after yesterday's battles. Around midday you find a clear pool in a small creek where you can wash the blood and bandit bits from your bodies. You are outside Saxon territory now. 1 Day of rations for those who don't forage/hunt.

Day 6:1d100 ⇒ 6 The sixth day brings you into Bruchteri lands. You get directions at a farm and by midafternoon you have made your way into the forest where Wiligais is said to settle.

You are making your way down a forest trail, when Ruhas' horse begins to wicker nervously. Suddenly the air erupts with howling. A massive black wolf steps onto the trail ahead of you. It opens its mouth and to your utter surprise, speaks in a horrible gravelly voice "These are our lands huuuuman. You have trespassed for the last time." All around you dark grey canine figures emerge from the undergrowth, growling menacingly.

Due to the supernatural nature of this threat everyone give me a DC 12 Will save. Failure means you are shaken for one round.

Intiative:

Isegrimm:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Oadlaric:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Ruhas:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Berengar:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Wolves:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Black wolf:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Initiative (to simplfy things your gedryht acts on the same initiative as you from now on):
Ruhas 22
Black Wolf 19
Wolves 18+
Odalric 18-
Berengar 18-
Isegrimm 9

Map (This time I set permissions so you guys can move your own tokens.)


Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

I assume we are dividing combat into phases again? Waiting for the top half of the init, then.


Male Human Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Will Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"We only seek passage brother wolf. We do not seek to harm you." A talking wolf was weird, it was a thing of the spirits. The spirits tended to be reasonable if one acted respectfully towards them so it was worth a shot. Still, one had to be ready to react.

Ready attack on the Black Wolf, triggered if it takes a hostile action.
Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Will Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Berengar whirls around to see two wolves coming at the rear of the group.


Oh yeah, forgot to mention. All the squares with anything besides grass or path on them are difficult terrain. You can also use a move action to take cover in them (for hiding or +4 defense bonus against ranged attacks).

Round 1
Initiative 22
Tuma and Tegze draw their bows and step back into the middle of the road. They take shots at one of the wolves going after Ruhas' horse.

Attack on #1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Miss
Attack on #1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Miss

Initiative 19

"Well unfortunately for you, I like the taste of human." he replies to Ruhas, grinning as best a wolf can. It then leaps forward to snap at Ruhas' horse.

Go ahead and take your readied attack Ruhas. It's not gonna drop him, so I'll continue with the turns.

Attack on Horse 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Miss

Initiative 18+

The other smaller wolves all leap forward to bite at the men before them, snarling and growling.

Attack on Horse 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Miss
Attack on Tegze 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Miss
Attack on Bertman 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Miss
Attack on Adalgar 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Miss
Attack on Alric 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Miss
Attack on Eadulf 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 and Trip 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Only Eadulf is damaged, taking a nasty bite to his leg, it begins pumping dark lifeblood out into the soil. Just flavor, no mechanical effect.

Okay the rest of you can act now. If you are acting in order go ahead an move your own token, if you post before someone who acts before you let me move the token in the appropriate order please.

Map


Male Human (Saxon) Fighter 2

Isegrimm was fascinated and unnverved by the appearance of the talking wolf - such things were only found in stories! But here, in the flesh, was as marvelous a creature as any described by the night-fire. It would be a pity to kill such a beast, but there was apparently no choice in the matter. As the wolves closed in, Isegrimm stepped quickly to support Bertman, hacking at the oncoming creature with a powerful swing of his axe.

"Adalger! Step back. Draw him into the clear road," he called, trusting his companion to move with the deliberateness and caution that he had drilled in to his gedryht.

Will Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Attack Wolf 2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 5' step one square north. He orders Adalger to attack, then 5' step one square north to try and pull the enemy into a better position for easy flanking.


Round 1
Initiative 18-

Berengar roars as he sees the wolf bite Ealdulf and drag him down. He leaps at the wolf and tears it with claws and teeth. "Filthy pack animals!

Rage (-2AC, +2 Will), drop longspear, 5 foot step East, power attack #5 until dead, then #4
Claw 1 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Damage 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Claw 2 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Bite 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Round 1
Initiative 18-

Odalric spins, looking all around as the wolves emerge from the surrounding brush, thrown slightly off by the big black one that spoke intelligently. What sort of Hellish beast...Woden protect us. Swallowing his surprise, he calls upon his divine rage and steps forward next to Alric, swinging Feller down onto the wolf threatening him with a roar.

Battleaxe (two-handed) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Status: (Raging, Shaken)
HP: 23 plus 4 temp
Defense: 9, Will: +4, Str 18, Con 19
Rage Rounds: 1
-2 Attack Rolls, Saves, Skill/Ability Checks


Round 1
Initiative 18-

Berengar's furious attacks take the wolf by surprise. It ducks his first swipe, but then Berengar gets his other claws jammed up in its ribs, lifting it off the ground so he can bite its throat out in a fountain of blood. At the same time Odalric's axe Feller bites into the wolf threatening Alric. It yelps in pain as its left forepaw is shorn off about six inches off the ground.

Alric steps back and stabs at the thing with his spear.

Attack on #3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

He lands a glancing blow, cutting a gash in the wolf's shoulder. Eadulf, now aided by his Thegn, stabs with his longspear at the remaining wolf facing him.

Attack on #4 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

However in his pain he falters, his spearpoint finding only dirt.

Initiative 9

Isegrimm lands a nasty blow on one of the wolves facing him and his men. His warriors step back into the road, to get the reach needed to use their long spears.

Attack on #2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Attack on #6 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Adalgar's speak finds wolf, eliciting a yelp as he slashes across its muzzle.

Okay, that ends round 1

Begin Round 2

Initiative (to simplfy things your gedryht acts on the same initiative as you from now on):
Ruhas 22
Black Wolf 19
Wolves 18+
Odalric 18-
Berengar 18-
Isegrimm 9

Map


Male Human Cavalier (Emissary) 2

"Stupid beast." With a single smooth move Ruhas stows his bow and grabs his saex, lunging at the wolf standing besides his horse. The beast follows his master's example as he bites at the wolf.

Ruhas
Draw Saex then attack wolf 1, +1 for high ground.
Saex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Karab
Bite wolf 1
Bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Crit confirmation 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Extra damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Round 2
Initiative 22

Ruhas' saex cuts into the wolf, shortly before his horse bites its face and kicks it twice. Horse also gets hoof attacks, and the wolf gets a critical defense roll.

Critical defense roll 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Failure.
Hoof 1 1d20 ⇒ 6
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Hoof 2 1d20 ⇒ 16
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The wolf is left in bad shape after the flurry of attacks, but it is still standing.

Initiative 19

The large black wolf steps forward and bites at Karab.

Attack (Flanking) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Ride check to negate attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Anticipating the move Ruhas twitches the reigns expertly and Karab rears out of the way.

Initiative 18+

The wolves all bite at their various targets, snarling and snapping.

Attack on Karab 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 and Trip1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Success by 1

Attack on Tegze 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Attack on Isegrimm 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 and Trip1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Attack on Adalgar 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 and Trip1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Attack on Odalric 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Attack on Berengar 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Critical defense roll please
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 and Trip1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Extra damage if crit 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Extremely good rolls for the wolves this round. Sorry guys.

Prone

Map

Odalric it's your go.


I believe the wolf hit me. My defense is 9 right now due to rage/no shield.

Odalric sweeps his axe after amputating the wolf's foreleg, coming in for another blow, matching the wolf's snarl with a low growl of his own.

Battleaxe (two-handed)on Wolf 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Status: (Raging)
HP: 23 plus 4 temp
Defense: 9, Will: +4, Str 18, Con 19
Rage Rounds: 2


Ah, well thank you for being honest. Here's some damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 and Trip1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Initiative 18-

Even attacking from his back, Odalric's blow is enough to shatter the wolf's skull into a rough bloody mess. It falls to the ground limp.

Assume you take your move action to stand back up?


Crit Defense Roll 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Yeah, I'll stand.


It's your go Berengar.


Round 2
Initiative 18-
Rage used: 2

"Help the others! I have this one." Berengar shouts to his gedryht. Then he turns on the wolf nearest him with a toothy grin and launches into it.

Full Power Attack on #4
Claw 1 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Claw 2 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Bite 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Alric and Ealdulf turn and attack #6


Initiative 18-

Alric and Eadulf stab at the wolf on Aedulf.

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Both their spears leave bloody wounds in the wolf.

Isegrimm, it's your go.


Male Human (Saxon) Fighter 2

Round 2 Initiative 9

HP 12/18

Isegrimm topples to the ground, tripped by the wolf's lunge. Pulling his shield over his body, he swung wildly to drive the beast back before struggling back to his feet.

"Careful! We must mind our footing against these creatures.'

Fighting Defensively (-4 Attack, +2 AC) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8; Standing Up, Then 5' step between Aldalger and Bertman


Initiative 9

AOO on Isegrimm as he stands 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 and trip1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Gods be damned, these wolves are lucky! Sorry man ~_~*

Isegrimm's blow goes wide as he desperate tries to scramble to his feet under the protection of his shield. The ground is slick with blood however, and he stumbles leaving the wolf an opening to grab him again by the ankle and drag him back into the dirt. Bertman tries to stab the foul beast attacking his master, while Adalgar drops his spear and draws his saex to strike at his wolf.

Attack on #2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Miss
Attack on #6 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Even with the difficulty of striking from his back, Adalgar manages to cut off the wolf's lower jaw and most of its throat with it, the beast falls to the ground and quickly bleeds out.

End Round 2

--------------------
Initiative Repost:
Ruhas 22
Black Wolf 19
Wolves 18+
Odalric 18-
Berengar 18-
Isegrimm 9

Round 3
Initiative 22

Ruhas lays into the wolf on his right flank, still partially mounted on Karab as the horse struggles on the ground.

Attack on #1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Critical defense roll 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 6) + 4 = 11

In his fury at the creature which would harm Karab, he chops the wolf's head off in a single clean blow.

Tuma and Tegze unable to use their bows with the wolves snapping at them, retreat carefully to a more advantageous position.

Withdraw actions.

Initiative 19

The black wolf provokes an attack from Ruhas as he moves into postion to flank him.

AOO on Black Wolf 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Miss

The black wolf ducks the strike and bites at Ruhas, growling "Die horse rider!".

Attack on Ruhas 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 and trip1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

While it's bite takes a good chunk out of Ruhas' thigh, he's able to maintain his footing.

Initiative 18+

The remaining two wolves, seeing the rest of their pack being slaughtered, tuck their tails between their legs and turn to run.

Withdraw actions

Odalric, it's your go.

Map


I know that strictly by the rules I cannot, but due to the conditions, would it be possible for me to charge since Isegrimm and the horse are prone? Obviously the horse is still taking up the spaces in front of the wolf, but if possible I would like to charge (hopping/stepping over Isegrimm), and then try an Acrobatics to jump clear over the downed horse and drop an attack on the wolf, going prone after if need be.


Gonna rule no on that one. Throwing axe?


I believe I can still make it to the space directly south of the wolf with 40 ft. speed as I can move through allied squares when not charging, though I'll provoke an AoO. I'll do so. (West 1, Southwest 1, West 6, moving through Bertman and Ruhas, taking AoO.

Odalric hears the threats of the talking black wolf leader as he rises to his feet, the aroma of blood and brains fueling his fiery rage. As he notices the other wolves dash off, he narrows his throbbing eyes at the black one, snarling himself. Gripping Feller with both hands again, he moves westward through the midst of Isegrimm's men, feet pounding heavily against the road. As he moves past Ruhas and his horse, he jerks his head in a nod, though his face is a touch wild.

"Taste the earth! he yells as he swings low at the wolf.

Activating the knockdown rage power in an attempt to give this thing a taste of its own medicine.

Trip Attempt: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
4 Damage if successful. Though probably not.

Status: (Raging)
HP: 23 plus 1 temp
Defense: 9, Will: +4, Str 18, Con 19
Rage Rounds: 3


Initiative 18-

AOO on Odalric 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 and trip1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Odalric takes a nasty bite for his trouble, but both he and the wolf maintain their footing.

Berengar, then Isegrimm you're up.


Round 3
Initiative 18-

HP: 30
Rage: 3

Seeing the group facing off against the Wolf Beast, Berengar rushes forward, but around the group, trying to position himself to cut off any escape routes. "Come around the flanks! Don't let it get away!" he yells to his men.

Double move up the road, then around the wolf, ending 2W of Odalric at A9.


Map


Male Human (Saxon) Fighter 2

Round 3
Initiative 9
HP: 17/18 (forgot to include my DR earlier)

Isegrimm follows Berengar, sprinting to keep up with the savage warrior. As he jogged around Ruhas and his mount, Isegrimm took up a place near his allies, cutting off the wolf's retreat.

"Bertman, Aldalger, follow! he called, summoning his gedryht to his side.

Double-move to the space two squares above Berengar

101 to 150 of 170 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Barbarians are Coming! (Saxony 500 AD Gameplay thread) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.