The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


15,801 to 15,850 of 78,391 << first < prev | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | next > last >>

He materializes and it's...Don Rickles!

I just love Scooby Doo cameos...


That is logical...


"He could slip into a coma at the worst possible moment, or his organs could fail! All because you were not good enough..."


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
"So, ummm.....Vai......would you maybe.....err......I mean well you're probably already going anyways cause it's family and all....errrr.....I just wondered if you were ummmm going to the practice? And ummmm......if you maybe wanted to go together?"

Vai slowly turns red and Sadie stumbles through asking her to the party. "Um... that's kinda why I dressed up so much." Vai still was having trouble making eye contact, but she was smiling.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16

Tyrrin was slightly disappointed with the talent show. The only thing that had been remotely interesting was the sword dance. She wondered how much training Ryo did for hand-to-hand combat. Either way, Tyrrin turns now to Jaiye. "What's this band practice I heard them mention?"


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14

Ehos looks up at Wyrd. The talent show had been fun, even if some of the acts weren't really talents at all. Ehos scribbles something onto his pad. 'Do you want to go to the band practice?'


Image
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
"He could slip into a coma at the worst possible moment, or his organs could fail! All because you were not good enough..."

[blink, blink]

"Professor Manchu? I wasn't aware you'd taken up ventriliquism. You forgot to mention the part where I'd never amount to anything but disappointment and that anyone who relied on me would inevitably end up dying a painful death because of my inadequacies as a sentient being. And something about dying cold and alone and friendless....I usually stop listening by that point."

Come on, you at least have to be meaner than my internal monologue. :P


Image
Vai Sunwake wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
"So, ummm.....Vai......would you maybe.....err......I mean well you're probably already going anyways cause it's family and all....errrr.....I just wondered if you were ummmm going to the practice? And ummmm......if you maybe wanted to go together?"
Vai slowly turns red and Sadie stumbles through asking her to the party. "Um... that's kinda why I dressed up so much." Vai still was having trouble making eye contact, but she was smiling.

Sadie blushed. "Oh. Ummm....that's great. Errr....that was a yes right?"


Image
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
Tyrrin was slightly disappointed with the talent show. The only thing that had been remotely interesting was the sword dance. She wondered how much training Ryo did for hand-to-hand combat. Either way, Tyrrin turns now to Jaiye. "What's this band practice I heard them mention?"

"It's pretty much code for after party. There'll be loud music and dancing and probably somebody dragged away by Professor Relkav for trying to spike the punch. Unless Miss Jones catches them first."


Male Unknown 16 Invulnerable Rager/ 16 Hex Crafter Magus

After the talent show is over Enre thinks for a moment before deciding to go to the after party. Before that however he goes to check on Eir. Going to his room he finds Eir still asleep with Artōrius reading. After making sure they are fine he goes back to see the band practice.


"Pretend you haven't thought that is true, go ahead, it just makes it that much more brutal in the end."

"Wrap your mind around this, paper mage, and try to understand. You are nothing but a dog-eared copy of a less-than-famous edition. You'll be forgotten, tossed aside, burned, ruined, ripped, stained, and eventually burned. Not a good life by any means."

"But Oneiro... he has potential. You could take his power as your own. Imagine what your life could be like then! The knowledge of two worlds, the ability to pass between them with but a moment's sleep! What are flesh and bone compared to a paper sword, or the fangs of a folded tiger? It would be so easy... Then you could get your school back, become the Headmaster yourself, and teach students who would respect your authority without making you feel like you couldn't keep up with mere children!"


Image

"Haven't you heard the saying? Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. And we've already established which group I belong in. I'm not going to steal someone else's future after I already botched up my own...also your scenario still has me teaching, so, you know, I wouldn't actually even be changing groups. Oh, and, be realistic. Respect from teenagers? Now, that's an impossible dream....I'm going to make a wild guess here, but you're the book aren't you?" Her tone remained casual and cheerful, but she was clenching her fists to keep the burning rage in check, a useful skill she'd learned from Professor Manchu...and learned how to put it into practice in her personal life from Professor Kindam, the lying bastard.


"And what about those who can't teach?" The voice rasps. "What could you possible you possible teach such able students like these three? They need you like they need a third arm or a fifth ear. Show them you should be respected..."

"No, my dear little wanna-be librarian, I am not the book. You could say I am the thought you don't even realize you have, your subconscious manifest. You could say I am merely a figment of your imagination, by why would you imagine one such as myself? Follow my advice and all your fears and doubts will be washed away like chalk from a slate, or ink from a page. It really is for the best."

No one else can hear the voice bothering Ori by the way. Not yet.[/sly grin]


Image

"No, you're definitely not my subconscious. You haven't yet mentioned a single torture/murder plan for either of my slimy exes, or gone on a tirade about how none of this would have happened if I'd just stayed home and gotten married like my parents wanted, and you haven't mocked me for having boobs that are too small or criticized my red hair or freckles or general clumsiness....although that is a lovely death threat. You make it sound so charming. Since of course death would be a requirement for someone to become a blank page. So, if you're not the book itself, I can only presume you're some sort of guardian for the book. And you're doing a bang-up job too. Except that the perennial screw-up is actually getting a little too close now, eh. Well, it's amazing what one can ineptly stumble onto."


"You assume I am not your subconscious because I do not tell you what you already know? You're smarter than that, yet you next believe becoming a blank page to be a death threat. All new and wonderful stories start on a blank page, do they not? All you need is to draw the ink needed to write it from the boy. He doesn't trust you, you know. Or maybe he does. Has he told you the reason he can't sleep? He's far to afraid of what he did on the other side to go back. He plans to use the books to kill himself anyway, to end the guilt of liking the pain and suffering he cause, so why not help?"


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
Jaiye wrote:
"It's pretty much code for after party. There'll be loud music and dancing and probably somebody dragged away by Professor Relkav for trying to spike the punch. Unless Miss Jones catches them first."

Tyrrin made a face. Drunken party, was it? Well, she was trying to fit in. She would simply avoid the drinks. "Alright, let's go."


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Vai Sunwake wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
"So, ummm.....Vai......would you maybe.....err......I mean well you're probably already going anyways cause it's family and all....errrr.....I just wondered if you were ummmm going to the practice? And ummmm......if you maybe wanted to go together?"
Vai slowly turns red and Sadie stumbles through asking her to the party. "Um... that's kinda why I dressed up so much." Vai still was having trouble making eye contact, but she was smiling.
Sadie blushed. "Oh. Ummm....that's great. Errr....that was a yes right?"

Vai smiles. "That's a yes."


Image

"I believe the term for that state is infancy," she said, dryly. "And if Oneiro is suicidal, well, that's a conversation that needs to happen between us. Also, you're not going to throw me off by calling me smart now. My subconscious is very repetitive. It wants to make sure I don't get too full of myself. And believe me, if you really understood how these things work, you'd know that the most painful things are always well-traveled ground."

"Oh, and your crusade against the boy is getting a bit obvious."


"Crusade? You could see it that way I suppose. But I am not much of a liar you see. Indeed, I find the act repugnant. Distracting though though... well, have a look around. Not exactly following your students anymore, are you?"


Now for more disembodied fun.

Jeran can hear Oneiro muttering something up ahead, almost like he's angry at someone.

"It's sad you know, the way he's using you." A gentle voice whispers in Jeran's ear. "Just like that witch, even down to the fact he thinks of you like a tool. You are here simply as a shield of meat, and I am here to warn you before it is too late."


Male Earth Elemental (Type Unknown) Unknown

Wyrd nods. It might be fun.

where is the after party being held?


Image

"Mind mage," Jeran growled. "Oneiro, watch out! There's a mind mage nearby!" he yelled out, sniffing the air to try and locate the source of the voice.

Because the guy who is terribly paranoid about mental manipulation is going to listen to a disembodied voice? :P


Image

Ori sighed. "Yes, right. Of course. Because I'm less than ept. Alright, time to do this the quick way," she said, folding a giant paper airplane and climbing on as it zipped into the sky while she scanned below for any sign of Jeran and Oneiro.


Wyrd the Elemental wrote:

Wyrd nods. It might be fun.

where is the after party being held?

Basically in the next room over. Jiminy is going to transfer the stage and lights and all. Cause he can. :)


Jeran Darkclaw wrote:

"Mind mage," Jeran growled. "Oneiro, watch out! There's a mind mage nearby!" he yelled out, sniffing the air to try and locate the source of the voice.

Because the guy who is terribly paranoid about mental manipulation is going to listen to a disembodied voice? :P

Paranoia is just as likely to cause trouble as regular fear. ;) I don't suppose Jeran can smell things on the Ethereal Plane? If not, he's only getting a scent when the voice is talking to him. But is it imagined or real? Mwahaha!

"Oh, you're hurting my feelings. All I did was try to help, and you call me that which you hate!" The gentle voice has a touch of sadness in it now. "Such a mean lycanthrope. But I can forgive you."

Oneiro stops running and nods, the way his eyes are darting about suggest he hears a voice as well, but can't find the source.

Ori Reading wrote:
Ori sighed. "Yes, right. Of course. Because I'm less than ept. Alright, time to do this the quick way," she said, folding a giant paper airplane and climbing on as it zipped into the sky while she scanned below for any sign of Jeran and Oneiro.

"Not inept, simply easily distracted. How do you plan to find them, hmm? The jungle canopy is thick, and you don't even know which direction is the right one."


Image

Ori folds an arrow out of paper and casts Locate Creature looking for Oneiro.

"I'm inept, not stupid," she said, a bit crankily.


M Advanced tengu 1/2 Black Dragon 16 Gestalt Alchemist/Witch

Is the telepathic bond still up? Duration was 3 hours (10 min/lvl * 18).

"And here we go again." Looks around. "Hmm, if it wasn't for the flowers this would be a decent place to set up camp. Oh well, more loot for me."

Goes and looks at where the flowers were with the intention of looting the bodies, keeping an eye out for the flowers reconvergance. When/if he see it he will take flight and start looking for the rest of the party.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"So we going to this party or do you need to get back to the books?"
he asks Nala.


Image

Nala sighed. "I should probably get back to the books. Well, maybe we could go for just one dance," she said thoughtfully. "Just a few minutes can't hurt, right?"


Khassar Blackadder wrote:
Goes and looks at where the flowers were with the intention of looting the bodies, keeping an eye out for the flowers reconvergance. When/if he see it he will take flight and start looking for the rest of the party.

It is still up. If they decide to use it, or if you do, it will work. You can't hear the voices though, I know telepathy doesn't let that happen. Not the spell kind anyway.

The bodies have been here a long time and, without the proximity of the flowers, the stench of rotting meat is very strong. Between the four bodies there is nothing more than a couple of gems, a few silver pieces, and clothes in a condition nearly as bad as the body wearing them. Strangely, the flower stay were they were scattered the entire time.

"You know, I like you." A plain voice tells Khasser. "The people you were with, they just ran off and left without searching these poor soul's bodies. What if one had had the book you were looking for? A shame, such impatience. If you got all the books first, their power would be yours you know. With a patient mind, and a quick one as well, you could use their power for many wonderful things."


Ori Reading wrote:

Ori folds an arrow out of paper and casts Locate Creature looking for Oneiro.

"I'm inept, not stupid," she said, a bit crankily.

"Clever." The voice nearly sighs as the arrows points out Oniero's location. "There is little chance I can convince you to follow the better path?"


Image
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
Ori Reading wrote:

Ori folds an arrow out of paper and casts Locate Creature looking for Oneiro.

"I'm inept, not stupid," she said, a bit crankily.

"Clever." The voice nearly sighs as the arrows points out Oniero's location. "There is little chance I can convince you to follow the better path?"

"That you consider betrayal, murder, and theft to be the better path...I really think that says a lot about you. None of it very flattering."


"All necessary evils, I'm afraid. Very well then, I shall leave you to your fate, though I will ask again at a later time." It takes a moment before Ori is sure the voice is gone, but it does seem to be gone.

Now what to throw at her that will last long enough? Hmm....


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Nala sighed. "I should probably get back to the books. Well, maybe we could go for just one dance," she said thoughtfully. "Just a few minutes can't hurt, right?"

Looks scared for a split second.

"Oh...dancing. Well if anyone was worth looking like a fool in front of other people, it's you, my lovely fey Lady."


Image

She raised an eyebrow. "Something you're not good at? I was starting to think I'd never find something like that," she teased. "And now I'm looking forward to it even more."


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

Vakkler heads to the party, to catch whoever's going to try to spike the punch bowl this time.


Ten to one odds on Bradley.


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

Just because he's been responsible the last four times doesn't mean...
Yeah. It's Bradley.


Male Unknown 16 Invulnerable Rager/ 16 Hex Crafter Magus

Who is Bradley?


Bradley the Boldly Idiotic...a recurring NPC, the brother of the long-suffering Ursula. Bradley is always doing stupid stuff. And he's really bad at it, so he also always gets caught. Bradley also has a growing collection of holy symbols in the hopes that if he has enough of them he'll have the right one to bring him luck.


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

Bradley is sort of the guy to insert whenever you need someone to make your new character look cool. That's how he started out, in fact. I'd say he was a good example of the Worf Effect, but he never actually seemed tough. :P


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
She raised an eyebrow. "Something you're not good at? I was starting to think I'd never find something like that," she teased. "And now I'm looking forward to it even more."

"Well, we'll see if your feet are as agreeable after we're done." He says with a smirk.


Image
Vai Sunwake wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Vai Sunwake wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
"So, ummm.....Vai......would you maybe.....err......I mean well you're probably already going anyways cause it's family and all....errrr.....I just wondered if you were ummmm going to the practice? And ummmm......if you maybe wanted to go together?"
Vai slowly turns red and Sadie stumbles through asking her to the party. "Um... that's kinda why I dressed up so much." Vai still was having trouble making eye contact, but she was smiling.
Sadie blushed. "Oh. Ummm....that's great. Errr....that was a yes right?"
Vai smiles. "That's a yes."

Sadie knew she had a goofy grin on her face, but she just couldn't stop smiling.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7

Okay, that's weird. My last post disappeared. Eh, it's easier to retype it than hunt it down.

The stage and much of the equipment mysteriously disappeared from the room and the band can be heard warming up next door.

Ephebe went to retrieve her bag so she can change her shoes.


On Ephebe's bag rests a rose, much like the ones that might have been thrown at the end of her performance had the audience had any. The moment she touches it it turns the same shade of purple as an amethyst.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7

Ephebe looks at the rose, a puzzled expression on her face. She changes her shoes and picks up her bag, rose in hand as she goes back to join the others.

"James, did you..?"

When he shook his head no, she sighed. "Well, I'm pretty sure it's another mysterious gift from Tare then....but how is he doing this? How is he watching us without us being able to catch him?"


Quite the puzzlement, isn't it? :P


Image

FAIN starts playing as students make their way into the room.

Song 1.
Song 2.
Song 3.
Song 4.
Song 5.
Song 6.
Song 7.
Song 8.
Song 9.
Song 10.
Song 11.
Song 12.

Obviously this is the entire set list for the concert...it'll take a while to get through all those songs. But I figured I'd post them up now since I'm posting from the computer that's easier to access youtube from. :)


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

Ryuzo will lead Nala out to the open area for dancing, and attempt to do so

Perform: Dance
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Image

Nala laughs happily. "You were totally teasing me earlier! You haven't stepped on my feet once...you're not even bad at this!"

15,801 to 15,850 of 78,391 << first < prev | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.