[Table Fez] ScorchedOne's Insane 5-6 Run

Game Master Nathan Hartshorn

Map

Drandle Dreng

Ambrus Valsin


1,351 to 1,400 of 1,943 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Ugh. I meant to get her picture up last night.

James and Kelris successfully hem in the Winter Wolf and destroy it before it can get help. Returning the short distance to the group they see Uliyara looking a touch affronted at being compared to something 'soulless'. Nevertheless she answers each question in turn, starting with a story.

"You remember those barbarians that stopped us on the river? The ones from Whiterook that wanted to attack? I was the emissary sent to negotiate trade and peace with them. My aunt Urgalaena sent a pack of raiders out to kidnap me, which ended in the death of my retainers and some of the Ulfen. I managed to get away with my hat of disguise.

That wolf was working with my aunt. She probably still wants me for political leverage over my mother. She feels safe doing so because I am one of the few Jadwiga, descended of Baba Yaga, member of the ruling class of Irrisen, that is not also a witch. And I wanted to continue to travel with you, so I avoided my mother for the time being. She keeps pushing me to be an aristocrat." The look on her face leaves no doubt in your mind what she thinks about that.

She turns on Fethril, single dainty finger pointed in his face, "And the magic I can do doesn't just affect other humans." She tries to temper her words with a smile, "But it is mostly helpful rather than harmful."

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Cleric 2 / Transmuter 1 | AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) | HP: 20/20 | Fort:+5/Ref:+4/Will:+9 | Perception: +13 | Init: +7

Gripping her lone finger in an awkward hand-shake, "Of course it does young one, it is magic after all."


Uliyara

Liberty's Edge

HP 29 AC 18, T 11, FF 17 /CMD 16/F+6/Ref+3/Will+3 (+1vs Fear)/Ini+5/Perc+4 Current: HP 29/29 l M Halberd +8 (1d10+4/x3) l R +5 (1d8+3/x3)

"That wolf was all snarl not bite." Kelris laughs at his own joke, before turning to Uliyara.

"We are new to this area and you could have told us your name and we would have never known you were who the wolf says you are."


Uliyara smiles, "I appreciate that. Most judge me based on my heritage as the Jadwiga have not always been...kind to others. When our ancestor is one of the most dangerous witches in history we tend to be pushed away or attacked in fear."

She looks forward once more, "Fethril you can stop shaking my finger now..."

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Cleric 2 / Transmuter 1 | AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) | HP: 20/20 | Fort:+5/Ref:+4/Will:+9 | Perception: +13 | Init: +7

"Oh...well, if that is your custom. You know me, I am always looking out for others."


Uliyara smiles and shakes her head before gesturing everyone into the newly made ice tunnel. How the eff is Fethril lovable? Why does this happen to the NPCs?!

Intricate gilded stonework adorns the entrance, and a complex marble mosaic paves the floor. Arrow slits flank the north and south sides of the hall, but the north side has collapsed and is choked with rubble. On the eastern end, two 10-foot-tall marble statues of armored dwarves flank a fresco depicting an opulent throne room. The faces of the statues have been broken off. Hazard: Ice covers the floor. Characters must spend 2 squares of movement to enter a square covered by ice, and the DC for Acrobatics checks on surfaces covered by ice increases by 5.

DC 20 Perception:
You locate a button along the base of the northern statue. Pressing it causes a hidden doorway to pop open. Following the small hallway you enter a room that appears to be a backup armory, weapon racks and armor stands knocked over in haste. Digging through the detritus you find a heavy steel shield, light and easy to use with old dwarven runes on it. Moving a weapon rack over you also find an ivory handled heavy crossbow, though there are no bolts with it. Mwk hvy steel shield and regular hvy x-bow.

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Cleric 2 / Transmuter 1 | AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) | HP: 20/20 | Fort:+5/Ref:+4/Will:+9 | Perception: +13 | Init: +7
GM Fez wrote:
How the eff is Fethril lovable? Why does this happen to the NPCs?!

Because he really does want the best for everyone and has no idea that he himself is a total tool. :)

Fethril takes a moment to activate the magical protection held within one of his wands. Mage Armor

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Fethril investigates the dwarven statues. "They may always be dirty, but the dwarves can be excellent craftsmen. Granted, elves work with living material, but still, this artistry is impressive. If you bother to look over here, there is a concealed latch. Hold on a moment. Ah, there we are. It was stuck from all the ice."
Fethril presses the button and reveals the armory beyond. He casts a simple spell to detect any magical auras that may still linger here.

Silver Crusade

Female Max HP: 21 | AC: 19; T: 14; FF: 15 | Init: +5 | Fort: +2; Ref: +6; Will: +3 Current Damage: -0

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"Glad to see that wasn't trapped since you didn't bother checking before you pushed it Fethril. I'd hate for you to die to poison or scything blades before you could really make your mark on the world."

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Cleric 2 / Transmuter 1 | AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) | HP: 20/20 | Fort:+5/Ref:+4/Will:+9 | Perception: +13 | Init: +7

"I can't imagine that a poison would have survived the cold, and any mechanism that complex would have been frozen solid...or slowed enough to make avoiding it nearly an automatic thing. Besides, who traps a hidden button? One only traps what they feel will be found. We must speak more about your paranoia, my dear Aura. Perhaps Uliyara's revelation has affected you more than you realize."

Liberty's Edge

HP 29 AC 18, T 11, FF 17 /CMD 16/F+6/Ref+3/Will+3 (+1vs Fear)/Ini+5/Perc+4 Current: HP 29/29 l M Halberd +8 (1d10+4/x3) l R +5 (1d8+3/x3)

"A nice shield, I might use it for a bit just incase I need to hold the line. Unless you wish to use it James." Kelris looks at the man wielding the Scythe.

Grand Lodge

Male Human
Raging:
HP 23/44 AC/Touch/Flat 17/10/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+4 +2 vs. charm and compulsion
Barbarian 3| AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | HP 17/38 | F +5 R +3 W +2 +2 vs. charm and compulsion| Init +8 | Perc +7

James chuckles and says "If I grow a third arm I might find a use for it, but for now I am happy for you to use it. I do appreciate the offer though."

Silver Crusade

Female Max HP: 21 | AC: 19; T: 14; FF: 15 | Init: +5 | Fort: +2; Ref: +6; Will: +3 Current Damage: -0

"'An adventurer without paranoia is soon to be a dead adventurer.' Did you sleep through Abrus Valsin's opening lecture?"


Thousands of icicles cover the ceiling of this cylindrical chamber. The outside edge forms a perfect circular curve, cutting into stone without mark of chisel or tool, impossibly smooth. Only places where ice flows over the stone, or where the structures have collapsed, mar the perfect precision of the cylinder. The remains of workshops and living spaces, still furnished, peak through holes in the cylindrical void. At the southern and western edges of the cavern, large portions of the stone and ice have collapsed, cutting into the immense void with piles of rubble. That -20 floating on the map is an indication that that floor is 20 feet below the current level. Which way now? Door to the north or door to the east? The door to the south leads to a doozy of a first step.

Liberty's Edge

HP 29 AC 18, T 11, FF 17 /CMD 16/F+6/Ref+3/Will+3 (+1vs Fear)/Ini+5/Perc+4 Current: HP 29/29 l M Halberd +8 (1d10+4/x3) l R +5 (1d8+3/x3)

Kelris hides his smile at Aura's comment. Moving a head 10' Kelris keeps his eyes open and ears ready for anything.

"Let me take the lead." Kelris buckles on the new shield, drawing out his dagger. "This isn't nearly as fearsome as I would hope. Remind me to buy a sword or something when we get back."

AC is now 20

Silver Crusade

Female Max HP: 21 | AC: 19; T: 14; FF: 15 | Init: +5 | Fort: +2; Ref: +6; Will: +3 Current Damage: -0

"Lead on, oh Trapspringer. I shall happily guard the rear."

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Cleric 2 / Transmuter 1 | AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) | HP: 20/20 | Fort:+5/Ref:+4/Will:+9 | Perception: +13 | Init: +7

"That is a terrible title to have earned Kelris. You should have words with whatever organizations bestowed that upon you."

Liberty's Edge

HP 29 AC 18, T 11, FF 17 /CMD 16/F+6/Ref+3/Will+3 (+1vs Fear)/Ini+5/Perc+4 Current: HP 29/29 l M Halberd +8 (1d10+4/x3) l R +5 (1d8+3/x3)

The sign of mirth continues to mar Kelri's face, "I am glad to have met you Fethril, my life would have been lacking if I had not. Aura you can take the lead if you want o' Lady of the Arrow Pin cushion."

Grand Lodge

|CORE| Male Human Bard 3 14/22hp] [AC: 17 T: 12 FF: 15] Perform: 17/17 [Perc +7] [F+2/R+5/W+4 (+4 vs sonic, language based, performance)] [CMB +3] [CMD 15] [SP 30 FT] [INIT +6]
GM wrote:
How the eff is Fethril lovable? Why does this happen to the NPCs?!

I'm Rolling!!! I love it!!

Sabert stays nonchalant through the encounter, but his eyes widen in wonder as Haltani reveals her true self. "As I told you.." he says with a smile and an outflung arm to indicate the rest of the group. "We look after each other. Though honesty is the best policy, I can understand your hesitance. I'm glad to meet the real you at long last!"

Sabert follows along behind the rest of the companions, guffawing out loud as Aura gives as good as she gets from Kelris and Fethril. As Kelris returns a likewise suitable nickname to Aura, he chimes in "Best be careful my friend.. She's liable to use put some of those arrows someplace rather uncomfortable for you!! Besides.. until one of you gets used as a demonic dogs chew toy, I think that I have the honor of the best nickname here.."

Moving into the complex, Sabert gives a small whistle of awe as he looks around. "Mighty fine work to still be standing here under all this ice for so long.."
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Silver Crusade

Female Max HP: 21 | AC: 19; T: 14; FF: 15 | Init: +5 | Fort: +2; Ref: +6; Will: +3 Current Damage: -0

Aura will chuckle at Kelris' comments, then shake her head the focus and begin moving quietly and quickly, looking for traps as she goes.

Will just take 10 on stealth for 18. I add 9 to find traps.


Checking northern door.

Desks sit empty, a few scraps of meaningless paper littering the drawers. A weapon rack in the southeastern corner of the room contained the town’s arsenal during their heyday. The door to the iron cage in
the northeastern corner of the room is locked with an average lock. Only the tattered remains of an old cot and manacles remain in the room.

Moving to east door.
The frozen corpse of a dwarf slumps against the wall, perfectly preserved in a block of ice. He wears a hexagonal hematite beard clasp with a single dwarven rune inscribed on the face. Lying on the nearby table is a dwarven waraxe, edge shimmering in the cold. Masterwork. Who wants to examine the dwarf? Totally not a loaded question -_-'

DC 15 Kn. (Local or History):
The beard clasp is a gladdringgoch, a traditional beard or hair clasp that a clan’s leader wears as a mark of status.

DC 15 Kn. (Nobility) or Linguistics:
You recognize the rune for one of King Gutheran’s family lines; this rune served as the basis for the modern dwarven rune for “royalty” or “king’s blood.”

Silver Crusade

Female Max HP: 21 | AC: 19; T: 14; FF: 15 | Init: +5 | Fort: +2; Ref: +6; Will: +3 Current Damage: -0

Aura will unlock and check the cage to make sure there are nothing hidden in the cot. Once she is sure of it, she will move to the east door, open it, and open seeing the Dwarf, cautiously move up to investigate it.

Liberty's Edge

HP 29 AC 18, T 11, FF 17 /CMD 16/F+6/Ref+3/Will+3 (+1vs Fear)/Ini+5/Perc+4 Current: HP 29/29 l M Halberd +8 (1d10+4/x3) l R +5 (1d8+3/x3)

Kelris will follow behind Aura giving her her space as needed, watching her open the door Kelris will put a hand on her should.

"let me go first here, if it attacks move around behind it." Kelris will move slowly into the room.

Liberty's Edge

HP 29 AC 18, T 11, FF 17 /CMD 16/F+6/Ref+3/Will+3 (+1vs Fear)/Ini+5/Perc+4 Current: HP 29/29 l M Halberd +8 (1d10+4/x3) l R +5 (1d8+3/x3)

I don't know where on the map we are, can you move Aura and myself to reflect where we would be?

Grand Lodge

|CORE| Male Human Bard 3 14/22hp] [AC: 17 T: 12 FF: 15] Perform: 17/17 [Perc +7] [F+2/R+5/W+4 (+4 vs sonic, language based, performance)] [CMB +3] [CMD 15] [SP 30 FT] [INIT +6]

I'm not sure either. The Northern door could refer to the spot north of the entrance way or into the warren below the cages..

Sabert sidles up behind Kelris in Aura, peering over their shoulders. Seeing their defensive state, he looks closer at the body and at the weapon on the table.
"Well, what have we here? He looks a bit cold..." he quips.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
K. Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
K. Nobility: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Grand Lodge

Male Human
Raging:
HP 23/44 AC/Touch/Flat 17/10/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+4 +2 vs. charm and compulsion
Barbarian 3| AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | HP 17/38 | F +5 R +3 W +2 +2 vs. charm and compulsion| Init +8 | Perc +7

James moves into the room following the others and positions himself by the door to make sure no one come in behind them.

While on guard he mentions, "That's kinda strange out there. That 20 foot drop is awful precise and seems to cut right through rooms. I wonder what caused it."

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Cleric 2 / Transmuter 1 | AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) | HP: 20/20 | Fort:+5/Ref:+4/Will:+9 | Perception: +13 | Init: +7

"Well of course he would be cold Sabert, he been trapped in ice- Oh! Yes, very nice. You are coming along my boy, that was on the borderline of humor. Very well attempted."

I will be casting/maintaining Detect Magic unless we get into combat, or it slows us down.


The 'northern door' is in the warrens below the cells. The 'eastern door' leads to the four by six room with the table and benches. Coincidentally the dwarf in ice is in the square west of the table. I'll have to update the map tonight.

As Kelris steps forward the ice cracks around the dwarf, its face changing to one of hatred and hunger as it moves to attack!

Initiatives!:
Fethril: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
James: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Sabert: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Kelris: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Aura: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Vargrim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Uliyara: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Order 1st Round
Sabert
Vargrim
Fethril, Kelris, Aura, Uliyara, James

DC 18 Kn. (Religion):
This appears to be a ghoul of some sort, but there is a touch of ice magic about it, making it a unique type of ghoul.

DC 23 Kn. (Religion):
This ghoul exudes a strange aura of cold. It is powerful like the magic used by ice witches, and will cause damage to those within its pull. In addition its claws on its feet allow it to move on ice without hesitation.


Kn. (Religion)!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Sabert calls out for everyone to be prepared and begins singing a ballad of Lastwall's stand against Tar-Baphon and his undead minions. +1 morale atk/dmg

The dwarf rushes Kelris, eyes focused on Uliyara as it screams through frozen vocal cords, "I'll kill those witches!"

Snap!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 plus DC 15 Fort save vs disease and DC 15 Fort save vs Paralysis

If Kel is paralyzed the ghoul will step into his square to attack Aura behind him, otherwise it will continue until it paralyzes the man.

Slash!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Scrape!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Note: Anyone who ends their turn within 10 feet of this particular ghoul takes 1d6 points of cold damage (rolled below), with a DC 15 Fort save for half damage.

Brrr!: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Order 1st Round
Sabert
Vargrim
Fethril, Kelris, Aura, Uliyara, James

Liberty's Edge

HP 29 AC 18, T 11, FF 17 /CMD 16/F+6/Ref+3/Will+3 (+1vs Fear)/Ini+5/Perc+4 Current: HP 29/29 l M Halberd +8 (1d10+4/x3) l R +5 (1d8+3/x3)

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Kelris feels illness take hold in his body, a sickness that he cannot explain. As his muscles start to seize up, Kelris grins and shakes it off, slashing at the frozen dwarf with his dagger.

Dagger: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 121d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Fort vs cold: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

current:

HP 13/20
AC 20

Silver Crusade

Female Max HP: 21 | AC: 19; T: 14; FF: 15 | Init: +5 | Fort: +2; Ref: +6; Will: +3 Current Damage: -0

Aura tumbles into a flank.

Tumble: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Cleric 2 / Transmuter 1 | AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) | HP: 20/20 | Fort:+5/Ref:+4/Will:+9 | Perception: +13 | Init: +7

With a quick prayer, Fethril brings divine guidance to his allies.

Bless. +1 to hit and saves vs Fear


With Sabert already singing Uliyara doesn't have much to do, so she pulls out her shortbow and takes aim at the ghoul.

Twang!: 1d20 + 5 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 4 + 1 = 11

Her arrow thunks into the threshold of the doorway, unable to get a good shot with Kelris in the way.

Order 1st Round
Sabert
Vargrim
Fethril, Kelris, Aura, Uliyara, James

Grand Lodge

Male Human
Raging:
HP 23/44 AC/Touch/Flat 17/10/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+4 +2 vs. charm and compulsion
Barbarian 3| AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | HP 17/38 | F +5 R +3 W +2 +2 vs. charm and compulsion| Init +8 | Perc +7

Seeing the undead creature James begins to get agitated but doesn't move, "Kelris I can't get in there to help unless you move!"

Delaying until I can get into the room and attack.

Liberty's Edge

HP 29 AC 18, T 11, FF 17 /CMD 16/F+6/Ref+3/Will+3 (+1vs Fear)/Ini+5/Perc+4 Current: HP 29/29 l M Halberd +8 (1d10+4/x3) l R +5 (1d8+3/x3)

I moved Kelris, I should have looked at the map before

Grand Lodge

|CORE| Male Human Bard 3 14/22hp] [AC: 17 T: 12 FF: 15] Perform: 17/17 [Perc +7] [F+2/R+5/W+4 (+4 vs sonic, language based, performance)] [CMB +3] [CMD 15] [SP 30 FT] [INIT +6]

GM: Posting next round now, as I don't know when my next chance to post will be.

From outside the doorway, Sabert continues to sing out his song of triumph against undead.
From within the notes and words of the song, Sabert weaves a counter tune, telling of a funny dwarf that fell off the battlements and was saved by landing in a snow pile.

Hideous Laughter, DC 14 will save

As he awaits the dwarfs response, he draws his crossbow.

I really need to work on my jokes..


Non-related story:
So long as you keep up with the laughter schtick my ghouls have a probability determined chance to save. If it was glitterdust they'd fail. My ghouls cannot save for their unlives (literally!) against that spell.

AC 18, ff 14, t 14
hp 17
Numbers in case you crit James...

Will!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
This may be my story coming to haunt me...

The ghoul, with its frozen and underused vocal chords lets out a giggle, then a chuckle, and before too long has fallen to the floor holding its stomach laughing in the most raucous and ear-shattering manner possible. Goodbye Vargrim, we hardly knew ye...Except for Kel. Kel got to know you real well.

Will!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

After a small amount of time the ghoul takes control of itself and shakes on the floor in a combination of indignation and muscle spasms.

Order 2nd round
(James full round)
Sabert
Vargrim
Fethril, Kelris, Aura, Uliyara, James

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Cleric 2 / Transmuter 1 | AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) | HP: 20/20 | Fort:+5/Ref:+4/Will:+9 | Perception: +13 | Init: +7

"Well, thank you Sabert. That is, by far, the most unnerving sound I have ever experienced."

Liberty's Edge

HP 29 AC 18, T 11, FF 17 /CMD 16/F+6/Ref+3/Will+3 (+1vs Fear)/Ini+5/Perc+4 Current: HP 29/29 l M Halberd +8 (1d10+4/x3) l R +5 (1d8+3/x3)

he was much to cold for Kelris' liking

Kelris reels back a bit from the biting cold and the horrid sound escaping the frozen dead dwarf, stabbing with his dagger again.

Dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Silver Crusade

Female Max HP: 21 | AC: 19; T: 14; FF: 15 | Init: +5 | Fort: +2; Ref: +6; Will: +3 Current Damage: -0

Aura also stabs into the frozen Dwarf.

Attack Roll w/Flank and Bless: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage w/Sneak Attack: 1d4 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + (3) + 1 = 8

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Cleric 2 / Transmuter 1 | AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) | HP: 20/20 | Fort:+5/Ref:+4/Will:+9 | Perception: +13 | Init: +7

Acid Splash (cover): 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 11d3 ⇒ 3

Not wanting to block the doorway, the transmuter wraps a hand around the corner and blindly shoots a blob of acid harmlessly into the ground.

Grand Lodge

Male Human
Raging:
HP 23/44 AC/Touch/Flat 17/10/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+4 +2 vs. charm and compulsion
Barbarian 3| AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | HP 17/38 | F +5 R +3 W +2 +2 vs. charm and compulsion| Init +8 | Perc +7

Seeing his path clear, James shouts in anger as he moves into the room and chops the dwarf with his scythe. "I'm gonna make sure you stay dead this time!"

Scythe Raging PA: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 - 1 + 1 = 20 Damage: 2d4 + 6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 + 3 + 3 = 18

Grand Lodge

|CORE| Male Human Bard 3 14/22hp] [AC: 17 T: 12 FF: 15] Perform: 17/17 [Perc +7] [F+2/R+5/W+4 (+4 vs sonic, language based, performance)] [CMB +3] [CMD 15] [SP 30 FT] [INIT +6]

GM:
While Glitterdust would have been more appropriate to most situations, it seems that most of the time there are friendlies in the way.. and they probably wouldn't appreciate it :-) I would love to be more versatile, but seem to have to rely on things that are targeted as opposed to area. Unfortunately, Hid. Laughter is my only targeted spell right now. Maybe I should invest in some scrolls after this trip...


James and Aura work together to take down the ghoul while it is still recovering. Soon it is nothing more than frosty chunks of undead. Searching the frozen corpse reveals a journal, at least one entry of which is legible.

The cold winds howled fiercely last night. I fear that the cataclysm may truly be as
great as the strange sorcerer Hao Gin warned. She has been knocking at our doors
every morning, and today, I made the decision for the clan—better to take the risk of
letting her whisk us all away into her mysterious realm than the certainty of freezing to
death. Unfortunately, Bardak didn’t agree. My son is far too stubborn for his own
good. He ran off, and I couldn’t find him anywhere. Now it’s too late; Hao Gin
spirited away the rest of the clan, and I’m stuck out here in the last few rooms that she
left behind. Even worse, a giant block of ice froze over the only way out of here. I could
swear I heard cackling laughter from the other side of the ice, before it grew thick enough
to seal off all sound from the outside world. I can only pray to Torag that Bardak
changed his stubborn mind and accompanied his kin.

Uliyara looks over it with you, "Well this explains the strange perfect circle taken out of this site."

After you finish looking through the room you trek back through Naldak's Point and realize there is someone barring your way out, a young woman bearing a resemblance to Uliyara in coloration, accompanied by some monster made of ice and a white bear the size of James.

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Cleric 2 / Transmuter 1 | AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) | HP: 20/20 | Fort:+5/Ref:+4/Will:+9 | Perception: +13 | Init: +7

"Are you a witch? If so, there was a wolf here earlier looking for you."

Liberty's Edge

HP 29 AC 18, T 11, FF 17 /CMD 16/F+6/Ref+3/Will+3 (+1vs Fear)/Ini+5/Perc+4 Current: HP 29/29 l M Halberd +8 (1d10+4/x3) l R +5 (1d8+3/x3)

Kelris picks up the Axe the dwarf was wielding, testing the balance.

"Good weapon, I would had to see this go to waste sitting here in the ice."

As they are stopped by the assortment of beings Kelris steps in front of the rest rest to stop them from closing in.

Silver Crusade

Female Max HP: 21 | AC: 19; T: 14; FF: 15 | Init: +5 | Fort: +2; Ref: +6; Will: +3 Current Damage: -0

"We're leaving now..." begins Aura, who is then momentarily stunned by Fethril's words. Clearly unable to say anything, she just looks to the woman before her to wait for the ultimatum.


The woman smirks, "You have good eyes for a non-Jadwiga. I am a witch, but I don't know what you're talking about. Wolf? I'm here to stop spies from Saarbotten from taking my cousin Uliyara. My Aunt Nadya thought that might be you."

Uliyara pushes her way forward causing the other woman to startle. "I'm fine Kiryena, as you can clearly see. These people have been nothing but nice to me since I joined them, even before they realized who I was."

Kiryena, still a bit nonplussed gives your group a hard stare, "And how do I know you haven't been charmed in some way?"

Any diplomacy check you try has a +16 bonus on it cause Uliyara really likes you guys.

Liberty's Edge

HP 29 AC 18, T 11, FF 17 /CMD 16/F+6/Ref+3/Will+3 (+1vs Fear)/Ini+5/Perc+4 Current: HP 29/29 l M Halberd +8 (1d10+4/x3) l R +5 (1d8+3/x3)

is it a battle axe or Dwarven war axe? I need to know if Kelris is Proficient with it or not

Kelris continues his ready stance blocking the way to Uliyara

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Cleric 2 / Transmuter 1 | AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) | HP: 20/20 | Fort:+5/Ref:+4/Will:+9 | Perception: +13 | Init: +7

Fethril's got this, lol

"Why that is quite laughable really. A witch being enspelled? That is highly unlikely. I thought your kind was quite resistant to that kind of thing. Or is it your cousin's abilities and mental fortitude that you doubt? Well, in either case, you are welcome to use your arcane sight to look for any auras placed upon her. Now, the ice construct with you, is that of your own creation, or is it on loan to you for study? That reminds me of a time in Kyonin, you may want to sit down as this will take some time to recount correctly..."

Diplo: 1d20 - 1 + 16 ⇒ (19) - 1 + 16 = 34

1,351 to 1,400 of 1,943 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Season 5-6, Levels 1-14 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.