Spooky's Wrath of the Righteous group 2 (Inactive)

Game Master Nidoran Duran

Mongrel Lair


401 to 433 of 433 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

M Aasimar Ranger (Infiltrator) 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +2 (+5 vs mind effects from demons) | Init +3 | Perc +7 (darkvision, 60')

"Well, they're talking to each other, not shouting," suggests Aeryx, "so they shouldn't be too far apart. If they're close enough together, try to put them to sleep and we'll deal with whatever happens."


You're still under the effects of Bless from the temple, so they won't stack.


Human crusader | HP 100/100 | MP 7/7 | Bond 6/6 | LoH 8/8 | Flex 6/6 | Smite 3/3 | 1st 2/2 | 2nd 1/1 | KO 1/1 | Inc. 0/1
Stats:
AC 26 T 13 FF 23 CMD 23 | Fort +13 Ref +13 Will +13 | Initiative +2 | Perception +9, Darkvision 60 ft.
Active buffs: Incorruptible,

"Piety, you want to get the door. Aleister, the sleep. Everyone else, move in there quietly in case there's another room behind. Plan?"


M Aasimar Ranger (Infiltrator) 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +2 (+5 vs mind effects from demons) | Init +3 | Perc +7 (darkvision, 60')

Aeryx nods at Steave's words, then moves over to the door to stand before it, with Steave and Menedemus behind him. He gives Piety a nod to show that all is ready, and will move in quickly when she opens the door.


Leander, Piety, Menedemus; what are you doing/where are you positioned in all this? Just in case it all goes south and such.


Male Tiefling (Shackle-born); Paladin (Hospitaler)2
Stats:
HP:23/23| AC: 16; T: 10; FF: 16; CMD: 14 | Fort: +9; Ref: +3; Will: +5|Init: +0;Perc: +1;Diplomacy+8
attacks:
Greatsword +4 2d6+3
Abilities:
Detect Evil, Deathwatch/At Will | Smite Evil 1/1 | Suicidal 1/1| Shield Other 3/3| Lay on Hands 4/4

"I'll wait for Aleister to cast his spell, and then I'll attack any cultist that won't be affected by it as soon as I can" he will say as he position himself right behind Aeryx and near Steave. Just in case I need to deflect an attack with Suicidal
"I hope there's only two of them..."


stats:
Init +2 | hp 19/19 | AC:17 T:10 FF:17 | Fort +5, Ref +0, Will +6 | Perception +3 | SENSE MOTIVE +7, KNOW(REL) +5, KNOW(PLANES) +3/+6 (vs anything demon related)

Piety follows Steave's order and moves to the door. She stows the mace to open the door, but keeps her shield arm up in preparation for the battle ahead.

Once everyone is in place she mouths a silent "Three. Two. One." before pulling the door open as silently as possible.


Male Tiefling Rogue 2 | HP: 18/18 AC: 18 FF:15 T:14 F:+1 R: +6 W:+0 Init:+3 Perc: +5

Leander moves himself to one side of the door, blade at the ready. It might go wrong, hells, it probably would and he had to be ready. He just didn't want to stand in the immediate line of fire.


The worked stone walls of this large room hold a number of shelves, each of which display the preserved bodies of rats, bats, rock vipers, cave lizards, and other creatures that pose in eerie stillness. Three people stand guard in different directions, wearing armor and just waiting. Two carry glaives, while another holds a scythe. The glaive wielders talk amongst each other, facing toward one another, while the one with the scythe looks directly at the door Piety has just opened.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

He doesn't notice Piety behind it, but the door's opening draws his attention. "Who's there?" he asks, gripping his scythe and drawing the attention of the other two toward the door, interrupting their conversation.


Male Halfling NE Unchained Rogue (Shadow Walker) 4, Stranger 2
Status:
Init: +8* /10| HP: 51/51 | AC: 21* /25 | FF: 10 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +11 | Will: +6* | Perception: +12* w/ 40ft Darkvision | Mythic Power (5/7) |

Aleister steps into view just as he reaches the end of his spells casting.

It has a Casting Time of 1 Round so he would have had to start before the door opened.

"The Sandman." The Tiefling replies.

Will Save DC 16


M Aasimar Ranger (Infiltrator) 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +2 (+5 vs mind effects from demons) | Init +3 | Perc +7 (darkvision, 60')

As Aleister finishes his spellcasting, Aeryx steps through the doorway and moves to strike the closest figure still standing.

Cold iron longsword, bless: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 = 19
Longsword damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male Tiefling (Shackle-born); Paladin (Hospitaler)2
Stats:
HP:23/23| AC: 16; T: 10; FF: 16; CMD: 14 | Fort: +9; Ref: +3; Will: +5|Init: +0;Perc: +1;Diplomacy+8
attacks:
Greatsword +4 2d6+3
Abilities:
Detect Evil, Deathwatch/At Will | Smite Evil 1/1 | Suicidal 1/1| Shield Other 3/3| Lay on Hands 4/4

Menedemus will follow after Aeryx, aiming to attack another awake target, but he will be distracted by the eerie embalmed animals on the shelves.
Why are there so much mummified animals here?
Menedemus's rush of morbid curiosity will affect the precision of his attack, as he swings his weapon a little higher than he wanted to.
Greatsword attack roll: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8
Greatsword damage roll: 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6, 2) + 3 + 1 = 12


stats:
Init +2 | hp 19/19 | AC:17 T:10 FF:17 | Fort +5, Ref +0, Will +6 | Perception +3 | SENSE MOTIVE +7, KNOW(REL) +5, KNOW(PLANES) +3/+6 (vs anything demon related)

Given that Piety initiated this encounter by opening the door, I'll assume that she doesn't take any other action until the next round of combat rolls around.


Male Tiefling Rogue 2 | HP: 18/18 AC: 18 FF:15 T:14 F:+1 R: +6 W:+0 Init:+3 Perc: +5

Leander hangs back for another moment, moving in such a way that he remains out of sight as much as possible while keeping the guards behind the door in clear view. He knew his skills were best used if he was afforded an opening.


Human crusader | HP 100/100 | MP 7/7 | Bond 6/6 | LoH 8/8 | Flex 6/6 | Smite 3/3 | 1st 2/2 | 2nd 1/1 | KO 1/1 | Inc. 0/1
Stats:
AC 26 T 13 FF 23 CMD 23 | Fort +13 Ref +13 Will +13 | Initiative +2 | Perception +9, Darkvision 60 ft.
Active buffs: Incorruptible,

Steave waits for Aleister to cast his standard action spell and charges in to attack anyone not asleep.

two handed shield bash charge: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23
if hit, damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

I'm at a conference until Sunday. Bot me if you wait for me. Cheers


Will Save 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Will Save 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Will Save 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"Go get Hosilla!" the other glaive wielder screams, brandishing his weapon as the attackers bear down on them, only for Aleister to come strike him with his sword.

"I'd have to run through them. Just stand your ground." The scythe wielder grips her weapon just as Steave bashes her with his shield.

Menedemus's strike misses.

Aeryx's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Aleister's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Leander's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Menedemus's Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Piety's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Steave's Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Anevia's Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Aravashniel's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Horgus's Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Enemy Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Not in any position to run, they choose to defend instead, striking back against their respective attackers.

Glaive attack on Aeryx: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Scythe attack on Steave: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Damage on Aeryx: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


M Aasimar Ranger (Infiltrator) 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +2 (+5 vs mind effects from demons) | Init +3 | Perc +7 (darkvision, 60')

Aeryx grimaces with pain as the glaive strikes him, then steps in and swings his sword at his attacker.

Cold iron longsword, bless: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 14
Longsword damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Status: 17/24 hp, AC 18 due to shield


Male Tiefling (Shackle-born); Paladin (Hospitaler)2
Stats:
HP:23/23| AC: 16; T: 10; FF: 16; CMD: 14 | Fort: +9; Ref: +3; Will: +5|Init: +0;Perc: +1;Diplomacy+8
attacks:
Greatsword +4 2d6+3
Abilities:
Detect Evil, Deathwatch/At Will | Smite Evil 1/1 | Suicidal 1/1| Shield Other 3/3| Lay on Hands 4/4

Greatsword attack roll: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 = 25
Greatsword damage roll: 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + 3 + 1 = 9
Greatsword Critical confirm: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8
Greatsword Critical damage: 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 + 1 = 10
Menedemus eyes, a few second before wandering around the shelves, will flash with a mixture of terror and rage as Aeryx is hit.
Oh no. Oh no. Aeryx has been wounded. It's my fault. Yes, surely that's it. If only I had attacked with more care before, I would have surely attracted their attention! Oh, why am I so useless...Maybe I was right when I thought it would have been better if I was smashed under one of the boulder from the collapse...
Then, instead to clear his head by cracking his tail, Menedemus will channel his frustration and self-loathing in a violent strike to the nearest enemy.


stats:
Init +2 | hp 19/19 | AC:17 T:10 FF:17 | Fort +5, Ref +0, Will +6 | Perception +3 | SENSE MOTIVE +7, KNOW(REL) +5, KNOW(PLANES) +3/+6 (vs anything demon related)

Damnations! I was sure that plan was going to be more effective than that. Piety grimly winds around the door, grabbing her morningstar as she does so, and charges at the nearest combatant. As she does so, she checks the garb of these combatants to see if they match the earlier heretics they spotted.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Know (Rel): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Morningstar attack + Bless: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16
Morningstar damage + Bless: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6


Human crusader | HP 100/100 | MP 7/7 | Bond 6/6 | LoH 8/8 | Flex 6/6 | Smite 3/3 | 1st 2/2 | 2nd 1/1 | KO 1/1 | Inc. 0/1
Stats:
AC 26 T 13 FF 23 CMD 23 | Fort +13 Ref +13 Will +13 | Initiative +2 | Perception +9, Darkvision 60 ft.
Active buffs: Incorruptible,

Round 1

Steave grimaces when the scythe slips between his breastplate. He pulls the scythe-wielder off balance and on to the floor but can't connect with his shield. A chunk of floor dislodges where his shield lands.

flurry improved trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
two handed shield bash charge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
if hit, damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male Halfling NE Unchained Rogue (Shadow Walker) 4, Stranger 2
Status:
Init: +8* /10| HP: 51/51 | AC: 21* /25 | FF: 10 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +11 | Will: +6* | Perception: +12* w/ 40ft Darkvision | Mythic Power (5/7) |

Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Aleister lifts his crossbow and takes aim at an enemy.


Male Tiefling Rogue 2 | HP: 18/18 AC: 18 FF:15 T:14 F:+1 R: +6 W:+0 Init:+3 Perc: +5

Knowing his queue when he sees it, Leander quickly moves in, blade drawn. He doesn't care which of their enemies he takes down, simply going for the easiest target. As he moves he slips the shortsword behind his belt as he pulls out a rapier.

Once he finds a good spot he moves in with his blade, trying to slip it in between the ribs of one of their opponents.

Move: Try to move into flanking position, taking the target as close to the door as possible. Trying to avoid attacks of opportunity.
Standard: Attack with rapier. Attack assumes flanking
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 + SA: 1d6 ⇒ 3 =8 total damage


It doesn't take much to bring down either awake guard, and they end up limp on the floor, dripping with blood beside their slumbering comrade. Save for the potential coup de grace to the sleeper, combat's done.

With the swift and sudden combat over, you're able to take more than a cursory glance at your opponents. They're very clearly surface dwellers, armed with modern armor. They each wear necklaces rather boldly, two of which are the same symbol of Baphomet you saw on the previous false crsuaders, while the one with the scythe has a less familiar symbol, of six lines that cross to form a diamond in the middle.


Male Halfling NE Unchained Rogue (Shadow Walker) 4, Stranger 2
Status:
Init: +8* /10| HP: 51/51 | AC: 21* /25 | FF: 10 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +11 | Will: +6* | Perception: +12* w/ 40ft Darkvision | Mythic Power (5/7) |

While his allies make sure the guards don't awake anytime soon, Aleister sweeps the area looking for magical auras.


No magic is detected in the room.


Guys?


Male Tiefling Rogue 2 | HP: 18/18 AC: 18 FF:15 T:14 F:+1 R: +6 W:+0 Init:+3 Perc: +5

I think it's a bit of confusion with your statement of being less available :)

Leander picks up the unfamiliar unholy symbol of the scythe wielding cultist, "Any of you know what this is? Oh,a and do we kill this fool or bind him and drag him to the other idiots?" He looked at his own blade, ready to gut the guy, "Remember this is a cultist, not a misguided native."


M Aasimar Ranger (Infiltrator) 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +2 (+5 vs mind effects from demons) | Init +3 | Perc +7 (darkvision, 60')

Aeryx points his blade at the scythe-bearer's pendant, of six lines that cross to form a diamond in the middle, and asks his companions, "Anyone know what that means? Makes you wonder how many different gangs of traitors, false crusaders and demon-worshipers are at work down here, huh? And what they were doing with all the dead animals..."

He then turns and listens at the door to the east.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8, but hears nothing to be concerned about...

Spook - is the exit to the north a doorway, a shaft, what? Not sure what the map is trying to convey.


Male Tiefling (Shackle-born); Paladin (Hospitaler)2
Stats:
HP:23/23| AC: 16; T: 10; FF: 16; CMD: 14 | Fort: +9; Ref: +3; Will: +5|Init: +0;Perc: +1;Diplomacy+8
attacks:
Greatsword +4 2d6+3
Abilities:
Detect Evil, Deathwatch/At Will | Smite Evil 1/1 | Suicidal 1/1| Shield Other 3/3| Lay on Hands 4/4

Menedemus will not pay attention to the sleeping cultist, but instead he will move immediately to Aeryx "Aeryx are you all right? Here, let me..." he will pull out Terendelev's scale and cast Shield Other on the Bird-like Aasimar.
+1 to AC and +1 to all saves, and all the damage that Aeryx takes is split between him and me

Having cast the pain sharing spell on Aeryx, the Tiefling will throw a quick glance to the unknown symbol.
Know.(Religion) Take 10: 10 + 5 = 15


Male Halfling NE Unchained Rogue (Shadow Walker) 4, Stranger 2
Status:
Init: +8* /10| HP: 51/51 | AC: 21* /25 | FF: 10 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +11 | Will: +6* | Perception: +12* w/ 40ft Darkvision | Mythic Power (5/7) |

"Everyone alright? I was hoping my spell would have more effect than that..." Aleister says.


Male Tiefling Rogue 2 | HP: 18/18 AC: 18 FF:15 T:14 F:+1 R: +6 W:+0 Init:+3 Perc: +5

"They're dead, we are alive, I say we're peachy." The sarcasm in his voice was more than obvious, though it was in no way acrid. "I do think some of us could use some patching up, so unless people have other ideas I say we pop the cork on some potions."

It was odd, but the fighting and the development with the cultists actually seemed to make Leander more relaxed than he had been before. Could also just be that he was slowly warming up to the others due to their shared fate.


Human crusader | HP 100/100 | MP 7/7 | Bond 6/6 | LoH 8/8 | Flex 6/6 | Smite 3/3 | 1st 2/2 | 2nd 1/1 | KO 1/1 | Inc. 0/1
Stats:
AC 26 T 13 FF 23 CMD 23 | Fort +13 Ref +13 Will +13 | Initiative +2 | Perception +9, Darkvision 60 ft.
Active buffs: Incorruptible,

Steave nonlethally coup de graces the sleeping guy and binds and gags him with his gear. "I got clipped by a scythe," Steave says bleeding all over the floor. "Anyone else injured? More than one of us could use Piety's good graces, otherwise I'll drink my two healing droughts."


M Aasimar Ranger (Infiltrator) 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +2 (+5 vs mind effects from demons) | Init +3 | Perc +7 (darkvision, 60')

"I was hit also," Aeryx says, "and would appreciate whatever healing is on offer."

Status: 17/24 hp

401 to 433 of 433 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Spooky's Wrath of the Righteous group 2 gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.