Skulls & Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master Foxy Quickpaw

Where everyone has to be a pirate if he wants or not.
Apothecary Map
Apothecary Map II


3,951 to 4,000 of 4,239 << first < prev | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | next > last >>

F Kitsune Sorcerer 7

Jessica, never having gone below stands sticking her head into the shaft watching the others climb. As Besmara climbs past her Jessica runs out to the stairs and tries to figure out where the room is. She opens the doors in a rush to get to her Captain


Male Gillman Water Kineticist 2 ____ 34 HP

Trytton continues his habit of carefully searching wherever they go, as he finds things he lays them out on the table, with the things pulled from the body.
"I don't see anything else here." He says as he makes way to the door, opening it


Kitsune Game Master

As Jessica runs up and through the corridor, she steps on a loose floorboard. This is answered by a blade coming out of the wall.
Attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 231d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
(Fort save vs. poison DC 17)


F Kitsune Sorcerer 7

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
"F~+$!" Jessica swears as the blade connects. "Who the f#@~ keeps a f!%&ing blade in the f$!+ing corridor! F*&~!" She spews profanity at it, dulling the pain slightly.
She clasps at her side as she runs on, slightly, but not much, more cautiously than earlier.


Kitsune Game Master

1d4 Con damage for 6 rounds. 2 consecutive saves for cure.

At the end of the corridor Jessica stumbles upon Trytton who unlocks the bedroom from inside.


Male Human Barb8 75/75F10R7W8AC17/T12/FF15Per+11Rage:AC17/T10/FF15 HP87/87 DR/4 Init+6

What was that yell?


F Kitsune Sorcerer 7

"It was me getting stabbed." Jessica says as she makes her way over to the bed to collapse next to her captain.
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Con Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Con Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
"I'm not feeling too great, Captain." she says falling onto the bed, trying to curl into a ball next to Besmara


Male half-elf bard 8 (HP 62/62 | AC:20 | T:12 | FF:18 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+9 | Will:+7 | Init +2 | Perc + 14)
Daily Stuff:
Bardic Performance: 16/23 Spells: 3: 0/3, 2: 3/5, 1: 6/6

Gods the two of them on the bed... why the hell did I agree to that marriage?

Looking closely at Jessica Lito says:
Sandara will need to look at you, but I can help a little.

He casts Cure Light Wounds and reaches out to gently touch her slash to at least keep her from passing out.
CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


F Kitsune Sorcerer 7

Jessica squirms under Lito's careful ministrations, brief as they are.

Lito and Besmara:
As you see the wound close you could swear you saw it grow over with short black fur. The sight is fleeting, leaving you not sure that your eyes aren't deceiving you.


Female Human Pirate (7) AC19/14/15, FRW+7/+9/+4, Ini+6, Perc+12, Sail+13

Besmara raises a brow.


Male Gillman Water Kineticist 2 ____ 34 HP

"So the building is trying to kill us too then?" Trytton says as he steps out onto the landing.
He steps back into the room, about 30ft from the door oposite and starts to swirl water around himself and proceeds launches it at the door.
Damage: 4d6 + 4 + 5 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 6) + 4 + 5 + 1 + 4 = 28
Total damage = 28*1.5 = 42
Full gather power and empowered blast


Kitsune Game Master

Poor door (to C21). Behind it a bed frame lacking mattresses and a dusty armoire in a recess on the southern wall are the only furniture in this disused but once fine bedchamber. A mechanical apparatus similar to a small arbalest is pointed against the west wall. The apparatus is the mechanism for the trap in the floor, Jessica ran into. It’s easy to reset or disable the trap from here.


Male Gillman Water Kineticist 2 ____ 34 HP

Trytton moves in and starts a search


Male Human Barb8 75/75F10R7W8AC17/T12/FF15Per+11Rage:AC17/T10/FF15 HP87/87 DR/4 Init+6

Kill us? Is the building alive?


Kitsune Game Master

There is nothing in this room.


Male Gillman Water Kineticist 2 ____ 34 HP

"It's trapped." Trytton says a few minutes later making his way out of the room. He then repeats the procedure on the next door c18
Damage: 4d6 + 4 + 5 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5, 6, 4) + 4 + 5 + 1 + 4 = 34
34*1.5=51


Kitsune Game Master

Pale tiles line the walls and floor of this clean bathroom. A luxurious bath adorns the floor’s center and an ornate stone basin, an inset cabinet, and several mirrors are affixed to the walls. The cabinet holds
expensive perfumes and cosmetics.
(Appraise DC20: worth 240 gp)


Male Gillman Water Kineticist 2 ____ 34 HP

"Someone might want some of this stuff." Trytton shouts into the hall as he makes his way to the next door.
Damage: 4d6 + 4 + 5 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3, 3, 5) + 4 + 5 + 1 + 4 = 31
31*1.5=46


Male Human Barb8 75/75F10R7W8AC17/T12/FF15Per+11Rage:AC17/T10/FF15 HP87/87 DR/4 Init+6

Trytton might want bath. Be nice to relax in?


Kitsune Game Master

(C17)This room is unfurnished and dark. A door to the north wall leads into a passageway, and a jagged hole has been hewn through the floor, opening into the room below.


Male Human Barb8 75/75F10R7W8AC17/T12/FF15Per+11Rage:AC17/T10/FF15 HP87/87 DR/4 Init+6

Wanna blow open this door as well, Trytton?


Kitsune Game Master

The last not opened door on the floor looks interesting. The strong wooden door leading into this room (C19) is locked and barred from the outside


Melee:
Handwraps (+1) Atk +12/7 Dmg 1d8+5; 1d4 bleed l Flurry 10/10/5 (Boar style +2d6 rend if both hit) l CMB +11 (+12 to Disarm,+15 to trip) CMD 23 (26 vs Disarm,27 vs trip)
HP 56 l AC 20 (FF 17, T 12) l F 8/R 7/W 5 l Ini +5 l Perc +12

My character could be just found in here.


Male half-elf bard 8 (HP 62/62 | AC:20 | T:12 | FF:18 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+9 | Will:+7 | Init +2 | Perc + 14)
Daily Stuff:
Bardic Performance: 16/23 Spells: 3: 0/3, 2: 3/5, 1: 6/6

Hold on... Don't open it yet.

Lito carefully moves closer to the door looking for traps all along the way. Then when he gets to the door he checks the door to see if he can see any poison or traps and if not lays his ear on the door to see if he can hear anything from the other side.

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


Kitsune Game Master

The trap on the way has already been disabled by Jessica. The stink of rot and decay comes through the closed door.

Lito:
The door is locked, but doesn't seem to be trapped.


Male half-elf bard 8 (HP 62/62 | AC:20 | T:12 | FF:18 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+9 | Will:+7 | Init +2 | Perc + 14)
Daily Stuff:
Bardic Performance: 16/23 Spells: 3: 0/3, 2: 3/5, 1: 6/6

Lito moves away from the door and looks at the others.

Locked door, no trap, and it smells like death...
He looks over at Noonan.
Want to unbar it and smack down whatever is in there? It may be a ghast or ghoul...


Kitsune Game Master

Barred and locked.


Male Human Barb8 75/75F10R7W8AC17/T12/FF15Per+11Rage:AC17/T10/FF15 HP87/87 DR/4 Init+6

Noonan unbars the door and unlocks it, ready for combat.


Kitsune Game Master

The stink of foulest rot and miasmic decay clog the air in this chamber. Along the west wall rests a heaped morass of mulch and slimy mud, and five open barrels stand in an alcove on the room’s southern side.

Two small creatures that look like fat babies, but grown as roots underground. They let out a nauseating shriek.
Everyone in the corridor two DC17 fort saves please or nauseated for 1d4 rounds.

Knowledge(Nature) DC15:
These are advanced Mandrogas. They have a nauseating shriek and are poisonous. The poison causes confusion.


Male half-elf bard 8 (HP 62/62 | AC:20 | T:12 | FF:18 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+9 | Will:+7 | Init +2 | Perc + 14)
Daily Stuff:
Bardic Performance: 16/23 Spells: 3: 0/3, 2: 3/5, 1: 6/6

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Duration: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Nature: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Oh crap Mandrogas! Close the... Blegh
Lito backs away holding his stomach.


Male Human Barb8 75/75F10R7W8AC17/T12/FF15Per+11Rage:AC17/T10/FF15 HP87/87 DR/4 Init+6

Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Blergh


Male Gillman Water Kineticist 2 ____ 34 HP

Fort: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Fort: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

"What Lito was trying to say, is that these things are poisonous and obviously shriek." He says as he gather power and blasts it with water.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 214d6 + 4 + 6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6, 4, 6) + 4 + 6 + 1 + 4 = 37
37*1.5=55


Kitsune Game Master

One mandroga is instantly killed by the blast of water. The other one comes over and swings its arm at Trytton - or nearby.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Male Human Barb8 75/75F10R7W8AC17/T12/FF15Per+11Rage:AC17/T10/FF15 HP87/87 DR/4 Init+6

Noonan barfs


Female Human Pirate (7) AC19/14/15, FRW+7/+9/+4, Ini+6, Perc+12, Sail+13

Besmara comes out of the bed as she hears the shrieks to look what the others are up to. As she sees Lito and Noonan rethinking their breakfast she asks "What's wrong?"


Male Human Barb8 75/75F10R7W8AC17/T12/FF15Per+11Rage:AC17/T10/FF15 HP87/87 DR/4 Init+6

Bad nasty plants!


Male half-elf bard 8 (HP 62/62 | AC:20 | T:12 | FF:18 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+9 | Will:+7 | Init +2 | Perc + 14)
Daily Stuff:
Bardic Performance: 16/23 Spells: 3: 0/3, 2: 3/5, 1: 6/6

Round 2, I think the monsters are up.
Fort for second scream I missed: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Lito staggers back managing to get his stomach under control.

Don't let them bite you, it' will confuse you!!!


Male Human Barb8 75/75F10R7W8AC17/T12/FF15Per+11Rage:AC17/T10/FF15 HP87/87 DR/4 Init+6

Noonan stops barfing and starts getting real mad and attacks!
Rage,PA: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 282d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 3) + 13 = 17
Rage,PA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 252d6 + 13 ⇒ (4, 1) + 13 = 18
Confirming: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 102d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 3) + 13 = 21


Kitsune Game Master

Noonan adds some really deep cuts to the mandragora. But it still stands. As Trytton prefers to pick his nose the plant gets the chance to hit back at Noonan. He dodges the slams bt the plant bites him and doesn't let go of him.
Grappled
Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Slam: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Slam: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Grab: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male Human Barb8 75/75F10R7W8AC17/T12/FF15Per+11Rage:AC17/T10/FF15 HP87/87 DR/4 Init+6

Owwwww! Kill this thing!


Male half-elf bard 8 (HP 62/62 | AC:20 | T:12 | FF:18 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+9 | Will:+7 | Init +2 | Perc + 14)
Daily Stuff:
Bardic Performance: 16/23 Spells: 3: 0/3, 2: 3/5, 1: 6/6

Lito yells:
Noonan I can’t kill it without risking hitting you, but I can help you get free. Don’t stop the spell.
Then he points and Noonan and casts Grease on him +10 to escape grapple.

Then he starts calling out suggestions directing where to hit the thing.
move action Indpire Courage +2 (round 6/21)


Male Human Barb8 75/75F10R7W8AC17/T12/FF15Per+11Rage:AC17/T10/FF15 HP87/87 DR/4 Init+6

Noonan rages and starts making coleslaw with his claws
Rage claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 161d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Rage claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 201d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Kitsune Game Master

Noonan only manages to do minor damage to the plant. But that is enough to bring it down.

The room contains only the remains of some dead non humanoid creature that was used to feed the mandragoras.


Male half-elf bard 8 (HP 62/62 | AC:20 | T:12 | FF:18 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+9 | Will:+7 | Init +2 | Perc + 14)
Daily Stuff:
Bardic Performance: 16/23 Spells: 3: 0/3, 2: 3/5, 1: 6/6

There's got to be more around here someplace... Where did she keep her stores of stuff to sell?

Lito starts looking around Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30


Male Human Barb8 75/75F10R7W8AC17/T12/FF15Per+11Rage:AC17/T10/FF15 HP87/87 DR/4 Init+6

Ugh, me hurt Noonan drinks a CMW potion
CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 2) + 3 = 12


Female Human Pirate (7) AC19/14/15, FRW+7/+9/+4, Ini+6, Perc+12, Sail+13

"I think we have seen everything on that floor. Let's go down again." Besmara states and leads down to the first floor.


Kitsune Game Master

As you come down, two guards are standing at the base of the stairs with their weapons ready. (C8)


Female Human Pirate (7) AC19/14/15, FRW+7/+9/+4, Ini+6, Perc+12, Sail+13

"Meh. Someone talk these guys out of dying for her already dead boss?" Besmara asks.


Male half-elf bard 8 (HP 62/62 | AC:20 | T:12 | FF:18 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+9 | Will:+7 | Init +2 | Perc + 14)
Daily Stuff:
Bardic Performance: 16/23 Spells: 3: 0/3, 2: 3/5, 1: 6/6

Your boss is dead, bleeding out trying to run away from her hidey hole in the basement. So are the monsters upstairs, and the guards that stood in our way.

Do you really want to join them?
Turn and walk away now and we won't pursue. No real reason to throw your life away for a contract that will never be paid... At least in my view, particularly for a boss who was going to just leave you to die as she ran like a scared rabbit.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27


Kitsune Game Master

The guards go out of the way and leave the corridor through the next door.

3,951 to 4,000 of 4,239 << first < prev | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Skulls & Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.