Sic Semper Tyrannis! (Thrune's Hell's Rebels Revived)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Rebellion
Maps

Loot Sheet

GM Screen:

Perception:
'[dice=Perception (Arcos)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Lubella)]1d20+5[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Talvek)]1d20[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Fhingle)]1d20+3[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Sidius)]1d20+3[/dice]

Initiative:
'[dice=Initiative (Arcos)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Lubella)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Talvek)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Fhingle)]1d20+2[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Sidius)]1d20+6[/dice]


2,901 to 2,950 of 3,026 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

"Guess we aren't going through there." Fhingle says gathering his laundry bag and leaving back out the front door a head of the rest of his group. Fhingle makes his way to their steak out spot and dumps the laundry.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

"Indeed, I think it's time for us to leave," Lubella replied to Fhingle, taking a last look around the barracks.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

She followed him out the door, whispering to the faux dottari, "It sounds like you're collecting the prisoners. I'll meet you outside; I have some limited healing left for the one who was tortured."


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

"Thank you, Warden. Giano, Musa, help me with this one. No need for shackles, she ain't going nowhere." Talvek moves quickly to the unconscious armiger, slinging her over his shoulder and silently praying that the not-too-gentle handling is not aggravating her wounds.


Vigilante 4/Rogue (Unchained) 1 | HP 35 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +9 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

Arcos gives a crisp salute before helping to lug out the Hellknight.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Fhingle and Lubella are able to take their bundles out to the office ahead of the shackled line of armigers and the one Talvek carries.

The Warden escorts you back to the office.

I just need you to sign the release forms, then they are your problem. as she lays the documents on the counter for Sidius or Arcos to sign (with Talvek otherwise encumbered).

Get those halfling slaves out of here! she says more of annoyance.

Then she preceeds the line of prisoners to the doorway with you.

Whatever your orders were, do not waste time out in the streets.
I am sure we have gained the ire of HER. And I would expect to see her again. Dismissed.

The Warden, turns to go back to her office, with the two dottari walking you to the outer front door.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella moved down the street, along the expected prisoner transfer route, and waited, out of sight of the Holding House. She kept an eye out for other unwanted attention.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Lubella plans to cast Cure Light Wounds on Hortense Liere, as soon as we're not being watched.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Lubella does not see anyone on the streets that poses any immediate threat. She does hear a whisper from one of the shackled Armigers.

perception DC20:
Once outside, one prisoner whispers to the other...Get ready, this is our chance to make a break for it!


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella rejoined the faux dottari and reassured the Armigers, "Don't worry — you're already free; we're the Silver Ravens! Your Lictor, Octavio Sabinus, has taken refuge in the Shrine of St. Senex. Benjen Preveau is with him; we rescued him from the public excruciation."

She touched the unconcious Armiger, infusing her with the Dawnflower's healing energy.

Cure Light Wounds (Hortense Lierre): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

All non-cantrips now used for the day.

"We're taking you somewhere safe, where you can rest for a few days. Meanwhile, we'll let Octavio know that you're free. Jackdaw, can you remove their shackles?"

Not sure if we have the key to the shackles, but Talvek should be able to pick the locks.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Fhingle doesn't hear what is said, "I can tend to your injured friend once we are safe somewhere. Now we have outfits to move you around in town with ease."


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

"I can imagine that the situation may seem alarming to you, but it is as my comrade says. We went into the Holding House with the intention to rescue you. We have achieved this with a some preparation, a bit of luck, and at great personal risk. We are on your side, and you need not fear anything from us."

As he talks, Talvek takes out a few long metal rods from the toolkit on his belt, fiddling with the shackles. "Now, best keep them on as if they were still locked, at least until we get out of sight."

Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24

"Rats. This one seems to have rusted shut."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The lead Armiger seems skeptical at first but with the mention of Octavio and Benjen, and the healing, he relaxes.

Is it true? You really are here to rescue us? If so, then you have our undying gratitude. He seems more convinced by the halflings than the 'dottari'.

We must get off the streets, even with disguises. They will be hunting us soon, I can assure you. And we are without our weapons and armor. Lead us where you will, but quickly.

They introduce themselves as:
Hortense Lierre(F), Ilsani Aberveen(F), Kasston Auruda(M)

LOL - just realized I was counting Benjen in the 4 Armigers, but you already rescued him.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella re-cast her Message spell on her team-mates, saying, "Let's get them to the abandoned house. Then I'll go and talk to Setrona, and see if she knows of a safe place for them to stay a few days.

"I'll scout ahead, and make sure we don't run headlong into a patrol or something."

Casting Message again on the party.

She move stealthily forward, then circled around and doubled back, leading the group back to the building where they'd spent the previous night.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle drags along one of the laundry bags that they have taken.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

You are able to sneak down allies and side streets without encountering any city patrols. Reaching the abandoned house, you are able to hide the armigers, who are still very grateful, especially Hortense Lierre.

She is weak, but forces herself to continue.

How can we thank you? I was not strong enough to resist...that...that creature and her tortures. I have no idea what I told her, but wanted to protect the Order and these remaining armigers in my care.
Octavio will know what to do. Where...did you say he was again? I am sorry, I was not really able to concentrate other than trying to walk.

They will need food and additional healing, but you do have the uniforms for them to wear. No weapons, but they were not in much condition to fight yet due to weakness.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella shared what food she had with the armigers. She told Hortense, "No thanks are necessary — I'm just glad that we were able to get you out in time! I do hope that the Silver Ravens and the Order of the Torrent will be able to work together, to free Kintargo from the tyranny of Barzillai Thrune.

"Octavio is in the Shrine of St. Senex, in the marshes south of the city. I think he's waiting for the right moment to return; we'll have to arrange a safe way to get him past the guards, possibly by boat."

She got up. "First things first: I'm going to see if we can find you a more comfortable place to rest. Octavio's cousin is not far from here; I'm going to talk to her and see what she can suggest."

Preparing to depart, she told everyone, "I'll be as fast as I can."

Lubella is going to the Tooth and Nail, to let Setrona know that we've freed the armigers, and to see if she can suggest a better safe house.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Hortense sighs with relief

That would be wonderful. We had lost all hope. Especially after Benjen was taken away. They told us he was dead and Octavio had abandoned us. We knew the Lictor would not leave us.

Lubella is able to get back out into the streets, the sun having set during the travels to the safehouse in the Nursery (if that is the one you are still using). The trek back to the Tooth and Nail is uneventful, but she knows she will have to hurry her conversation with Setrona to avoid missing the curfew traveling back to the safehouse.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

The intention was to take the armigers to the abandoned building overlooking the Holding House (we didn't take a direct route there, instead leading the armigers away, and then circling back). It's not a suitable location to stay at, just a place to get them off the streets while Lubella contacts Setrona. It didn't seem like a good idea to show up with them at the Tooth and Nail.

Lubella motioned for Setrona to step aside where they wouldn't be overheard. "We got the armigers out of the Holding House! They're off the streets, near the Holding House, but we need to find a suitable place for them to rest up for a few days. Hortense Lierre is particularly weak — we rescued her from the torture chamber.

"We know of an empty house in the Devil's Nursery, but I was wondering if you had any other suggestions. They're going to need food as well."


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle looks at his party mates seeing the wounds they have and the ones he suffered for them.

Healing:

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10
Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6
Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

Fhingle allows his holy energy to burst from his body healing all those around him while they are in the hide away before moving back to the Tooth and Nail

I have all my 2nd level slots + 3 more first level slots


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Fhingle is able to boost the healing and bring all three Armigers up to full as far as injuries go. They still appear to be famished. They don the borrowed dottari uniforms as best they can.

***
Setrona meets with Lubella and smiles at the news.

Hey girl. The Tooth and Nail and I suppose the Long Roads Coffeehouse would both suffice in the short term if you need to hold the armigers. That local house will work too. I suggest you should next meet with my cousin Octavio and tell him of your success. He will know what to do next. He may be able to get the Order back together to help your cause. If you want to bring them here tonight, I can keep them in the store room after closing. Just get here before curfew.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella replied, "Yup, I intend to meet with Octavio tomorrow; have to consult with the other Ravens first, though. I think we'll probably bring the armigers here — it's closer, and they're not in much shape to travel far. See you in a bit!"

With that, she departed, heading back to the other Silver Ravens.

Assuming that she makes it back without incident:

She slipped into the building where the others were holed up, and told them, "Setrona can put them up in the Tooth and Nail. Let's see what we've got in the laundry — our friends will be less noticeable if they're not wearing rags!"

She looked through the dirty laundry and picked out some suitable items for the armigers to wear. Picking up the first one, she muttered an arcane incantation and began cleaning it to make it look presentable.

Casting Prestidigitation and cleaning enough of the dirty laundry that the armigers have something to wear. We'll try to time our arrival at the Tooth and Nail for after Setrona has closed up for the evening, but before the curfew is in effect.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

"It would be good if not too many dottari show up at the Tooth and Nail, it will attract attention. I can still disguise myself for a short while, so perhaps some of us should arrive in a different guise. And remember that dottari patrol in groups of four."

Once back at the temporary hideout, Talvek drops his dottari disguise and the armigers can see his true appearance.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

"Maybe we should open a Laundry business" Fhingle says to Lubella when she gets back and has gone through what he has sorted out. "We have a few full uniforms here for maybe next time." Once they are safe Fhingle turns to the Members for the Torrent. "So since we found and rescued you do we become members of the HellKnights now? Lubella and I could be the shorted members around"


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The Hellknights nod. You are definitely to be inscribed on the official roster of the Order of the Torrent's most trusted allies! I am certain Lictor Octavio will see to it once we tell him.

They all nod in agreement.

If only we had more time to recover, and our gear, we would be able to help you more. But we are just glad to be alive for today and owe our lives to you.

The night passes uneventfully. Just the odd howl in the night and the occasional passing of dottari patrols and softer shuffling of feet apparently not wanting to be found.

***

The dawn of a new day and the sun chases away the rain clouds from yesterday.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

I presume that we made it to the Tooth and Nail for the night.

Lubella told the armigers, "Don't worry, Thrune won't be tossed out in a couple of days. There'll be plenty more to do after you recover!"

***

The next morning, she basked in the first rays of the dawn, as she recited her morning prayers. When she returned to the others, she told them, "The sun is out in all her glory! Sarenrae smiles on us today!"

As they ate breakfast, she consulted with the other Ravens about plans for the day, "I propose that we try to hire a boat to take us this evening to the coast near the shrine. We can meet with Octavio, and if he's ready, we could bring him and Benjen back with us. That would avoid the problem of getting them through the city gate."


Vitals:
(HP: 37/37; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +9[+11] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 5 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +8; Diplo +6; Fly: +6; Heal +8; Kn(Arcana) +11; Kn(Hist/Planes) +10; Kn(Nature): +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +11; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +13; Stealth +11; UMD +9)

Sidius shakes his head, "Your time to help us will come later." He looks over the armigers, to see if there are any afflictions that need tending before everyone sleeps for the night.

***

Sidius nods at Lubella's suggestion, "Getting out by water may be the best approach. My magic can disguise, or even change, me - but I've not learned the secrets of applying such magic to others."

He pats the tiny dinosaur's head and says, "We should be careful what we buy or look for today -- I'm thinking they'll be looking for people buying extra supplies now that the ruse has been discovered."


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

"We can always send out people dressed as Dottri to buy supplies to to really throw them off since we have these extra uniforms now as well." Fhingle says between bites. "The water sounds like a good idea but we would need a bit boat to take us all out and bring us all back would we not?"


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Would the plan be to take the boat with all of you or just some subset, leaving the 3 Armigers behind or along?

Lubella and the gents discuss the prospects of finding a boat to take them to see Lictor Octavio.

The Armigers voice their concerns.

Without our gear and in current state, getting us all on a boat will not help and could jeoparize the rescue. Just please inform Lictor Octavio that we are here, and that should suffice.

Another agrees. Yes, if you could bring him back here, I am certain he will be able to help.

Hortense adds We have our armor and weapons locked in the holding house. However, they would make us stand out more. I would say the dottari uniforms are more helpful, but should be used only when needed as a last resort, lest they be discovered sooner than we are ready.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

My thought was that the five PCs would go on the boat, which would drop us off after dark. It would have to be big enough to be able to potentially transport Octavio and Benjen as well. Not sure if Dog Leg McGee's boat would be big enough for that (or if he's comfortable doing a night-time trip).

Lubella replied to the armigers,"I think you three should stay here and rest up. You've been through a lot."

She went to discuss the armigers' accommodations with Setrona, "Is is going to be feasible for Kasston, Ilsani and Hortense to stay here? Or should we find an alternate place for them to stay?"

Once that had been sorted out, she turned her attention to the matter of the laundry. She felt that she had bent the truth enough already during their visit to the Holding House. She told the others, "I'm going to buy something for our friends to wear, so they're not wearing stuff we stole from the dottari. You may think I'm crazy, but I plan to return the dirty laundry nice and clean, just like we said!"

She viewed the uniforms that they had taken from the supply wagon entirely differently. Those had not been taken under false pretenses, so there was no need to return them (given that they were rebelling against the government).

Honesty is part of Sarenrae's portfolio. She'll probably just drop the bundle of laundry by the front door. She'll do the cleaning with Prestidigitation.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek nods thoughtfully. "I don't think you're crazy, that is actually a very good idea. If they discover our ruse, you will already be suspicious in their eyes, so returning the laundry clean and pressed might help thrown them off the scent."

He turns to the armigers. "We'll see what we can scrounge up for you in terms of gear, and we'll try to bring the Lictor to meet with you."

He pauses for a moment, thinking. "We really need a more permanent base of operations. Any ideas? If not, I'll spend some time tomorrow investigating."


Vigilante 4/Rogue (Unchained) 1 | HP 35 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +9 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

"Covering our tracks is a good idea. Gives us a bit of plausible deniability. Finding a better base in the future is certainly a priotity."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Dog Leg McGees boat can hold 6 plus himself. Less if a lot of cargo. He would not be keen on transporting dottari but others he can. Night time would likely be problematic but not impossible

Breakfast concludes and plans for normal clothes to replace the dottari uniforms are made. Setrona has agreed she could take armigers for a short while but you need a more suitable base.

so plans still need to be firmed up regarding armigers going to Tooth and Nail or not, boat arrangements (who when where) and delivery of clean uniforms etc. and there are two days after today when rebellion teams and assignments are due


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

"A good idea yes to return them, I mean we could always find a use for them but we have the ones that we liberated from the supply wagon and those should suffice for a while." Fhingle says finishing up his meal.

"So we are heading out now and should be back by supper?" Fhingle looks hopeful to not have to spend another night in the halfling eating swamp.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Do two halflings count as one person? :)

Lubella replied to Fhingle, "I'm worried that being seen going to and from the shrine will draw unwanted attention there for the guardians. I was thinking of visiting there after sunset.

"The five of us, plus Octavio and Benjen might be too much for McGee's boat. We may have to find a different captain."

She readied to depart on her clothes shopping trip. "In any case, I'm going to go and buy some clothes for the armigers."

She headed out to find a shop to buy cheap but serviceable garments for their new allies.

When she returns, she will clean the laundry from the Holding House, and ready it for drop off.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

"SO we aren't camping just walking through a swamp in the dark that could eat you and me?" Fhingle asks as Lubella leaves, to relieve some of his anxiety about the swamp Fhingle goes down stairs to paint.

Craft Paint: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

"Rexus do you want to talk while I Paint?" Fhingle asks the man as he pours over some books


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Two Halflings will indeed count as one.

Lubella finds some clothing suitable for the armigers. Nothing too fancy as would be found at the Devil's Threads, but serviceable none the less.

Fhingle paints for the morning.

Eventually Lubella returns with her package of nondescript clothing and cleans the dottari uniforms.

The armigers don the clothing. These will be much more suitable than the uniforms or the prisoner rags. We will blend into the crowds of the streets. Are you going to visit Octavio soon?

going to push forward a bit

The armigers ready themselves to head to the Tooth and Nail and stay with Setrona while the party determines how to get to Lictor Octavio.

Setrona smiles at the trio. Welcome, patrons. Are you from out of town? she winks at Lubella.

Come make yourselves comfortable. I will bring out some of Luculla's tarts from the Sweet Tooth next door.

With the armigers clothed and under her roof, you are free to move about the city with less concern of their well being.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella meticulously cleaned the laundry using arcane magic, and then tied the clothes into a neat bundle. She wrote a note on a piece of paper, saying "Courtesy of Proudfoot Laundry Service", and affixed it to the laundry bundle.

After lunch, she took the clean laundry to the Holding House, and left it by the front door. She didn't knock, since she wanted to avoid any awkward conversation.

Her task completed, she made her way to the Old Harbor, and looked around for Dog Leg McGee.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Lubella is able to drop off the clean laundry without incident.

Finding Dog Leg McGee is not too difficult as he plies his trade and pilots his small boat in the harbor.

Harr! Well ain't ye a fine how'da ya do? I hope yer textile biness is still workin' for ya and your pals. he winks

Do you have more cargo or are you looking to get some wheres?

When Lubella gets closer, he leans over and whispers.
There have been a couple strangers be askin' about you and yer crew lately. So watch yer step. And I ain't just a talkin' about dottari. These lasses looked like trouble as sure as a leakin' boat leaks!


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella replied, "Business is good, thank-you! How have you been?"

When captain McGee mentioned the women asking about her, she nodded, "Thanks for the tip! What did these ladies look like?

"I would indeed like to hire you. Would you be able to drop off three big people, and two halflings, in the marsh south of the city? We'd want to put ashore after dark, to avoid, er, unwelcome attention. If you could stand by for a short while, we might have two additional human passengers to transport back here. We'd make it worth your while, of course!"

Diplomacy, taking 10: 10 + 12 = 22


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

"So your body is sea worthy? I don't have to worry about falling in and drowning?" Fhingle asks with a bit of fear in his voice.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Dog Leg McGee responds to Fhingle first before turning back to Lubella.

Aye, she's a sea worthy as any. Well, if I be piloting her that is. We will get you there. I can ferry the folks to the marsh. Ain't much out there they say, 'cept squirrels, gators and ghosts of ol' Senex or so they say. I don't get out that way much, but aye, I can do it. After dark and waiting may cost you double...but if'n yer gold is good, I will take half of now and half after we get back. You know, to cover risks n'all. he grins.

Figure 1 gp per person each way. 15gp total will cover and tip. Feel free to negotiate otherwise.

***

After making the deal with Dog Leg, he agrees to meet with your group just past sundown at an abandoned river port just north of the burnt down Silver Star.

So ye all made it? Well, let's be off an' quick before any nosy dottari start poking around.

The old sea dog waits for each to get on board and then sets off from the dock to the island marsh.

The waters of this bog slowly rise and fall with the tides of the river estuary.

There ain't no proper dock out on the isle but I will find you a large rock or someplace. Getting through the muck...well, that ain't my business why you want to be out here. I can stay for no more than an hour' then we gots to get back to beat curfew.

He does as he claims and finds a large outcropping of rocks near where you think the Shrine is located. You manage to slog through the bog, the halflings getting chest-deep into the water in a few places. If there are any creatures, they seem to avoid you.

Reaching the shrine, you find it much as you had left it, with the two sentinels, the old couple keeping watch in their shelter.

Hark! Who prowls the marsh at this time of night? Speak quickly!

***


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella returned to the Tooth and Nail, and told the other Silver Ravens that the transport had been arranged to the Shrine of St. Senex. She ate a hearty supper and socialized with the patrons, until it was time to head out to the meeting point near the Silver Star ruins.

If there's sufficient time, she will Gather Information to listen for rumors.

Her fears of boat travel were assuaged by the knowledge that her ring would help her swim, in case it became necessary. In any case, the trip was uneventful. She disembarked and waded through the muck until they reached drier land, fighting off the mosquitoes all the while.

When they reached the shrine, she hailed the caretakers, "It's the Silver Ravens! we bring good news to your guests: their comrades are free! We ask permission to come in and tell them in person."


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

While Lubella is out looking for their old acquaintance, Talvek makes a brief trip to the Nursery, catching up with his family and the locals alike. He is burning to tell them the tale of the daring rescue, but doesn't dare - even to the ones he trusts most. It pains him to keep secrets like this, but he understands the risks all too well. An image flashes through his mind - one of his sisters unconscious and bleeding, the torturer they had fought looming over her with her sharp, sharp instruments. He shudders and quickly banishes the thought.

I'll keep them safe, even if I have to kill every last one of those working for Thrune.

Diplomacy to gather info: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Lubella:
From some of the other sailors in the harbor...
“The Scourge of Belial has been moored in Old Harbor for several days. I hear her captain, Cassius Sargaeta, isn’t really that much of a fan of Thrune...”

Talvek:
From one of his 'cousins' in the Nursery...
“The Church of Asmodeus might be the official religion, but sure as my father’s a bastard there’s more devil cults operating in the shadows in Kintargo—I hear that their leaders walk among us, pretending to be regular folks like you and me!

***

Ah yes, good news indeed. Wait here. says the woman.

The Seers call for Octavio to ascend to see you.

The Hellknight Lictor appears and listens to the report provided to the Seer. He breathes a sigh of relief.

We owe you a great debt of gratitude for what you have done for our Order. We shall never forget.

Lictor Octavio continues as he brings up his gear and armor from below.

I no longer feel the need to remain in hiding below the shrine, since now only I will suffer the repercussions of my future actions. I plan to rebuild the Order of the Torrent, but I realize that Kintargo’s current clime is inappropriate for such a task. In the meantime, I pledge to all of you our assistance, both me and the armigers you rescued.

He salutes and bows to each of you.

More importantly, if I may make a suggestion about a place for your Silver Ravens to settle and grow: the ruins of the Lucky Bones may be a perfect hideout and base of operations. I can take you there, if you are willing. I very much would like to speak to the armigers as well.


Vigilante 4/Rogue (Unchained) 1 | HP 35 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +9 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

Arcos nods at the suggestion, ”It could be well worth investigating.”


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Earlier:

While the group was heading to the pick-up point to meet Dog-Leg McGee, Lubella told her friends, "I heard that a ship called the Scourge of Belial has been moored in Old Harbor for several days; rumor has it that her captain, Cassius Sargaeta, isn't a fan of Barzillai Thrune. We should make contact with him."

***

Lubella replied to Octavio, "We have a boat standing by near here, but the captain is only willing to wait an hour from the time we disembarked. If you are ready to leave right away, we can take you and Benjen to the city tonight!"


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Earlier:

"I heard some rumours as well, about unofficial devil cults in Kintargo, hiding amongst the populace. Curious what their relationship is with the church of Asmodeus."

***

Talvek considers the suggestion, trying to remember all he knew about the location.

"The Lucky Bones? What about the place makes you think it would be suitable for us, Lictor? And would you happen to know anything about unofficial devil cults?"


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle follows the more long legged of the group so that way if he gets stuck or the swamp decides it wants halfling for dinner they can help pull him to safety. Once Inside the shrine Fhingle feels better.

"What is the Lucky Bones? Sounds like a gambling Den if I ever did hear about one." Fhingle says

K Local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Octavio and Benjen nod in agreement as they grab their ornate armor and other gear as they prepare to take the waiting boat back to the city before curfew.

Benjen does not say much, but Octavio shares some of his thoughts, his mind obviously free to plan now that the armigers are out of the hands of the Thrunes.

While I feel comfortable coming out of hiding, I cannot simply move back into Citadel Vaull as it is now under the control of the Order of the Rack. All of my holdings have been seized by the government.

He continues to talk while you trek across the marsh back to the boat.

I will tell you of the Lucky Bones, but that will take time and effort. As the lone ranking Hellknight of the Order of the Torrent in Kintargo, I have nowhere to call home. I will unfortunately have to opt to go into hiding at the Tooth and Nail, imposing upon my cousin’s hospitality. This I am shameful to ask of her, and may put her at risk. So the sooner a suitable base can be found the better.

To Talvek and Fhingle he adds I do not know much of any new cults, but there are more devils in the city than the Thrunes will ever admit, lest they frighten the populace. The Lucky Bones has a long history, and Gambling Den is just part of the story. But that story will take more time to discuss. And here we have arrived. I would like to meet with you all tomorrow night at the Tooth and Nail to give the full account, uninterrupted or overheard. I would also like the other armigers to be present. I am certain my cousin will be able to provide us a place to speak plainly.

***

Dog Leg McGee looks fightened at first then glad to see you.Ahoy! Aye it is you again. I was hearin' some noises and wasn't sure if there be beasts prowling at night. I see you found someone. Now lets get you all aboard and get back to the docks before someone comes a lookin' for us.

He hustles about at he trims the sail and pulls up the anchor with speed and familiarity.


Vitals:
(HP: 37/37; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +9[+11] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 5 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +8; Diplo +6; Fly: +6; Heal +8; Kn(Arcana) +11; Kn(Hist/Planes) +10; Kn(Nature): +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +11; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +13; Stealth +11; UMD +9)

Sidius says, "If it is a gambling hall, that might be quite appropriate, given our tendency to throw ourselves into risky situations."

He adds, "In addition to having a quiet spot to talk, I have magic that can obscure our conversation... never hurts to be careful."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella replied to Octavio, "The Lucky Bones sounds interesting — we definitely need a new headquarters! Whereabouts is it exactly?"

She scrambled aboard the boat saying, "Yes, it's just us prowling about. We have a full load for you to ferry back."

2,901 to 2,950 of 3,026 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Barzillai Thrune's Hell's Rebels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.