Sic Semper Tyrannis! (Thrune's Hell's Rebels Revived)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Rebellion
Maps

Loot Sheet

GM Screen:

Perception:
'[dice=Perception (Arcos)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Lubella)]1d20+5[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Talvek)]1d20[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Fhingle)]1d20+3[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Sidius)]1d20+3[/dice]

Initiative:
'[dice=Initiative (Arcos)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Lubella)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Talvek)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Fhingle)]1d20+2[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Sidius)]1d20+6[/dice]


2,601 to 2,650 of 2,869 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella greeted Ruba, "Hello, mistress Ruba, I'm Kyda. I was talking to a fellow named Clifton a few minutes ago, and he said you are the one to talk to about documents.

"A friend of mine has a potential issue with the genuineness of some papers. I was wondering where one might acquire an impression of the seal with the city crest, as well as that of Thrune's seal. It would be most helpful for comparison purposes."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Once again, she studied the woman's reaction to this rather unusual request.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

The Coffee House, he can paint it while he is there


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Following Hetamon's gaze, Talvek leans in closer. "My friends call me Jackdaw. And yes, taxes are getting a tad high, aren't they?" His gaze wanders to some samples of fabric on the counter and he extends a finger to stroke them.

"I had somewhat of a... business proposition for you, if you are available for a bit of a private chat."


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

Arcos looks over her setup and says, ”I must say this is a very fine setup you’ve got here. I run shop like this, albeit much smaller, over in Villegre. Perhaps you’ve heard of it, Vadreis Scrivening? Perhaps not. In any case, what my small companion says is true. I’ve some documents to go over which require the seal to be inspected and authenticated.”

Could I use profession (scribe) to aid?


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Arcos could use the profession if you wanted to try to make the documents yourself or validate the quality of her work, but she is not likely to request or need aid as she is a 'professional'

To Arcos and Lubella, the old woman takes off her glasses and looks long and hard at you both. You feel she is scrutinizing you with her trained gaze.

1d100 ⇒ 60

Don't let my simple appearance fool you, I am an accomplished scribe and have many clients from all walks of life.
And when you ask for impressions of the Thrune seal, you do know that could be considered by some to be a crime against the city, right?

She whistles appreciatively. What sorts of city documents are we talking here? Hypothetically speaking of course. The price of what you ask increases as the personal risk to myself.

She says with her white wooden smile.

***

Hetamon raises his eyebrow at the mention of Jackdaw. Jackdaw? Are you serious? Oh nevermind. Yes, let's find someplace more private. One moment. I am sorry, I have to close the shop for an early lunch. he ushers the dawdling couple from the store and locks the door.

He looks keenly at Talvek.

Now, 'Jackdaw' we do not have much time. What is your proposal? Do you you have other business associates or is this of your own volition?


Vitals:
(HP: 30/30; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +8[+10] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 4 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +7; Diplo +5; Heal +7; Kn(Arcana) +10; Kn(Hist/Nature/Planes) +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +10; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +12; Stealth +10; UMD +8)

Sidius returns to claim his breakfast tarts with a smile, then tells Fhingle, "While everyone else is off shopping, I'm going to hole up in one of the empty rooms we found and keep an eye on things... Looking for patterns of behaviour - guard shifts, prisoner transfers -- anything that might help. If you need me, come find me -- otherwise, I'll send word at sunset of my findings. Best we watch a whole day, if we can."

He grabs another tart to enjoy in the afternoon, casting false face before heading out to observe.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella didn't answer the question about illegality. This is where things get risky. A friend of a friend suggests that you talk to someone, and that someone is perceptive enough to guess what you might be up to. This woman doesn't strike me as someone I'll be able to fool. She could be a Thrune sympathizer, or willing to sell us out for money. But I need her help, so I'm going to have to take a chance.

After checking to make sure that there were no others to overhear her, she told Ruba, "Well, I don't have experience with these things, but hypothetically, I suppose one might need certain formalities for a prisoner transfer order."

Goddess, you teach the importance of honesty. Please protect my friends from the dangers of my honesty here.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

As Sidius returns to claim his tarts for the end of breakfast, Setrona introduces him to the owner of the convections shop and provider of the tarts.

Hey, this is Luculla Gens. She is a regular at the Tooth and Nail, both as a patron and as a neighbor of mine. You have already met her tarts..

Luculla smiles. So this is where all my precious tarts have been going. I appreciate the extra business. Drop by the "Sweet Tooth" anytime. She winks at Sidius with a wry grin.

She is a young, frail-looking, dark-haired woman in a simple dress, a patch over one eye, soft leather gloves on her hands, and a fancy rectangular talisman hung about her neck.

Have a great afternoon, dear Setrona. I will stop by tomorrow to hand out more treats, especially my candied blackberry tarts since they are the most popular."

Setrona waves as the woman prepares to leaves. Clifton and Norb end their game of Odds and Evens to come and grab another tart.

Norb actually takes a couple. I need to stock up. I have to survive my wife's cooking. If you don't see me here tomorrow, you know I didn't make it. Hope to see you again tomorrow, Luculla.

***

Ruba whistles appreciatively again when Lubella mentions paperwork to falsify a prisoner transfer, Deary me. Such a tall order is very dangerous, and the work expensive. I hope your pockets are as deep as your ambitions. The right paper stock, the seals, the formatting. It takes time. 200 gold crowns should cover it.

Luculla watches intently to see if Lubella or Arcos blinks at the price.

profession scribe DC10 or Sense Motive DC 17:

You suspect the price is reasonable all things considered. It could have been much higher if she knew your true reputation or intentions with the documents.

Keep me on track. I am posting in 3 games, this one with a Lubella and Luculla and another with Luisila.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Lubella told Ruba, "That sounds reasonable. How long does the process take?"


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Ruba smiles with gold coins glittering in her eyes.
One hour per document. I already have most of the supplies, oddly enough. How many do you need? I could be complete before dinner.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella replied, "I need three documents drawn up. I don't suppose you could offer a volume discount?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

After settling on a price, she said, "I will require some time to collect the payment — it may take a day or two."

She still had to figure out how she was going to obtain the prisoner numbers that would be needed to complete the documents. She also didn't know how long it was going to take to find a reliable tailor, and get the dottari uniforms made.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Alright, time to take a gamble.

As Hetamon clears out the other customers, Talvek drops some of the casual air he's been affecting.

"You are probably aware of what goes on in this city. It's not just the increased taxes, but the way citizens are suffering under tyrannical whims. And-", he gives the other tiefling a significant look, "how some citizens' rights, and even lives, are considered less important than others'. You're not that far from the Nursery here, surely you've heard what has been going on there." Talvek twitches his coat aside and places a hand on the hilt of his rapier. "My associates and me have been doing what we can, but our resources are limited. We are working to remedy that, but we need help." He takes a deep breath, taking the plunge. "Specifically, from you, we need three uniforms. Dottari uniforms."

Diplomacy, inspiration: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 13 + (1) = 27


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella added, "That is — I need an order that covers three prisoners. Would one document cover all three, if they were to be transferred at the same time, or would a separate document for each be typical?"


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle can give you the gold for this

Fhingle continues to help around the coffee house, eventually he grows a bit bored and goes about the city, looking for rumors of abandoned buildings and what the general populace of the city thinks of things right now. Fhingle finds himself in the Newt Market looking at all the wears that are being sold.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 2 = 19
Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Fhingle asks general questions, appearing the servant as he is out.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

@Fhingle - I may have missed what you were attempting with painting at the Coffee House...you may need to remind me.

Fhingle heads to the newt market and hears a couple rumors there

Fhingle:
One merchant delivering supplies to Newt's market whispers:“The Scourge of Belial has been moored in Old Harbor for several days. I hear her captain, Cassius Sargaeta, isn’t really that much of a fan of Thrune...”
A couple hours later there are a pair of women
“Lady Docur’s School for Girls closed its doors—the students there are kept under lock and key, and the lady herself isn’t letting anyone in or out. What could she be planning? Makes those rumors that she teaches her students more than just how to excel in the aristocracy take on a new meaning, hmmm?”

As the sun starts to drop in the late afternoon, he will need to decide if he takes the hour trek back across the Bleakbridge to meet with the others.

***

Arcos and Lubella continue with Ruba - Well, you would need three documents and a cover letter if you are wanting to execute three transfers. The Thrunes love their paperwork. It keeps me in business. But the 200gp will cover the job, so no extra costs. But I will need the prisoner numbers.
Unless you want me to guess, which is risky, or leave it blank. But I need to get started since I will need 3 hours to complete the work before sunset.

***

Hetamon Haace listens intently to Talvek's plea with a knowing nod periodically.

I may be willing to help, and creating dottari uniforms is not overly difficult, but it takes time. I estimate about a day each.
If I may make a suggestion, it may be quicker to borrow or find the uniforms, especially if you are pressed for time. I could throw something together quickly, but it would not pass closer inspection.

He shifts uncomfortably.

Keep in mind that the dottari patrols have been doubled in the past day. They have not officially said anything, but they are looking for a gang of rebels responsible for interrupting one of Thrune's Excruciations. So there are plenty of uniforms out there...but in use.

Figure all three of these side treks wrap up roughly at 5pm if you plan to make it to Tooth and Nail by sunset.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Just passing the time and using my relevant craft skill to spruce the place up

"Well I guess I should find the others, maybe I will just go to the Tooth and Nail? All I can think of is Tooth and Hooka from Mummy's Mask

Fhingle makes his way to the bridge, making sure to cover his armor and weapons with his large over coat. Fhingle keeps his head down which is easy for a halfling once he approaches the guards he take the verbal punishment they give him and pays the coin to cross.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella told Ruba, [b]"I don't have the prisoner numbers yet, so leave those blank. If you have any insight on the best way to obtain them, I'd be happy to hear it.

"As I mentioned, I don't have that kind of coin with me, so I'll have to go and get it."

I'm assuming that Lubella is leaving most of her money with Laria, for safekeeping and to get around carrying capacity issues.


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

Arcos nods to Lubella, ”Perhaps I should stay here, to reassure our new associate we are not cheating her out of her well-deserved coin.”


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Ruba responds ”I unfortunately do not have a way to get the prisoners numbers. But I trust you to keep your word. You are welcome to leave collateral but you do not need to stay. I can tell from your equipment you are not without resources. Businesses are built on trust. “

She shows you to the door .
I
”Good luck. And if the documents work well, maybe I can be of service in the future. And if they don’t, well it is best not to dwell on that in this line of work.“ she smiles weakly.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Ruba responds ”I unfortunately do not have a way to get the prisoners numbers. But I trust you to keep your word. You are welcome to leave collateral but you do not need to stay. I can tell from your equipment you are not without resources. Businesses are built on trust. “

She shows you to the door .
I
”Good luck. And if the documents work well, maybe I can be of service in the future. And if they don’t, well it is best not to dwell on that in this line of work.“ she smiles weakly.

***

Fhingle makes it across the Bleakbridge without incident, dottari pay little attention to him. Being small has its advantages.

The days end draws near and the five of you are able to regroup at the tooth and Nail.

Setrona greets you with a wave as she deals with some of her regulars.

”Welcome friends to my bar. I hope your day was successful. What can I get you?“


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella bid Ruba good-day and let her get on with the documents. She headed over the Bleakbridge to the Long Roads Coffee House, to retrieve her raven figurine, and get some cash to pay for the scribing.

She let Laria and Resus know what the group was up to, and that they would be staying at or near the Tooth and Nail, while they worked on a way to free the Order of the Torrent amigers. Her errand accomplished, she returned across the river and made her way back to the Tooth and Nail.

I'm hoping Lubella has enough time to go to the Long Roads Coffee House and return before curfew. If there doesn't seem to be enough time, she'll leave the task for tomorrow.

She went to a discreet location to perform her sunset prayers, and then joined the other Silver Ravens inside the Tooth and Nail. "A hearty dinner and an ale is what I need right now. What's the special tonight?", she asked Setrona.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek looks thoughtful. "Thank you, your suggestion may have merit. Three days may be more than we can spare at this point, lives are on the line. I shall consult with my associates." He nods at Hetamon and smiles. "Thank you for your time." He trusts that he does not need to say anything about discretion - if the tailor wants to turn them in, he will do so, and threatening a fellow tiefling doesn't sit well with Talvek. Best to show some trust, in the hopes of building more in the future. Who knows, they may be able to recruit Hetamon for the rebellion at some point.

Returning to the Tooth and Nail, again on a roundabout and discreet route, he slumps into a chair, stretching his legs under the table and crossing his arms behind his head.

"I could do with some warm food and an ale as well, dear Setrona."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Setrona smiles as she spins towards the kitchen.

Our finest meal you shall have! Fresh fish caught in the bay and chips on the side. May I recommend our Tooth and Nail Pale Ale to accompany the meal?

So at this point you have paperwork for three prisoner transfers sans the prisoner numbers. And a suggestion and some ideas on acquiring dottari uniforms. But no specific plan. Anything else for the evening or planning to start in the morning? And what of lodging? Fhingle's idea for lodging will work. The Longroads is not reachable before curfew.

Setrona calls to the bartender Mr. Filas

Insome, ensure our guests have their drinks.

She serves a couple others of the regulars and returns with a wink and a hushed comment.

How was your day? Hopefully met with some successes? I suspect something will need to happen tomorrow, as there are rumblings the Thrunes are not happy and could restart the Excrutiations at dawn or sunset tomorrow.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella filled the others in on the progress with the prisoner transfer orders. "We still need to get the prisoner numbers. I don't know yet where to get those. Obviously they would have those at the Holding House, but breaking in there to get them doesn't seem like the right plan. Where else would they be recorded?"

When the subject turned to uniforms, Lubella said, "I don't much like the idea of ambushing dottari to get their uniforms — that would just put them on higher alert, I would think. Where do they get their laundry done? Maybe we could steal them."


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek looks impressed at the progress made with the documents, but the price makes him wince a little. He begins to turn out all his pockets, tallying up his money. It's around 40 gold pieces, not enough to cover even a part of the fee.

"Yes, stealing the uniforms from the laundry seems like the best idea, I agree with your assessment that attacking a patrol risks alerting them to our plans. I can do some research tomorrow morning into the numbers, there has to be something in an archive or another."

Any rolls we could make to give us clues on where to start looking?


Forged Map | Rebels Map

kn:local uniforms DC12:

Members of the Kintargo Dottari wear black leather or chainmail armor trimmed in red, and the Chelish emblem (a red circle quartered by a cross) on their shields.

kn:local uniform logistics DC18:

The Dottari keep a small set of barracks and meeting halls in Castle Kintargo, but the bulk of their armories, barracks, and the like can be found in the city wall’s numerous bunkerlike towers. Each tower sends its uniforms to the castle for cleaning and repairs. Each of the 6 main towers delivers theirs once per week at the end of the day.

Prisoner Logistics KN:Local DC15:

These towers (dozens of smaller in addition to the 6 large) also contain holding cells for criminals and political detainees before they are transferred to the Holding House or Castle

Prisoner Numbers Diplomacy Gather Info DC20:

The four armigers held in the Holding House are Benjen Preveau (2119), Hortense Lierre(2120), Ilsani Aberveen(2125), and Kasston Auruda(2126).


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle shows up a bit late, having wandered around Not quite lost for a bit before coming to the bar to hopefully throw off any tail he may have picked up.

"Evening all, what did you order for dinner?" Once fhingle has ordered his meal he will Tell everyone the rumors he heard. "The Scourge of Belial has been moored in Old Harbor for several days. I hear her captain, Cassius Sargaeta, isn’t really that much of a fan of Thrune.
“Lady Docur’s School for Girls closed its doors—the students there are kept under lock and key, and the lady herself isn’t letting anyone in or out."
Fhingle says that all in 1 breath


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

I'm assuming that the Prisoner Numbers Diplomacy Gather Info requires spending the usual time (1-4 hours).

Knowledge: local (uniforms): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Knowledge: local (uniform logistics): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Knowledge: local (prisoner logistics): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Lubella said to Fhingle, "Good work! We'll want to follow up on that information. Captain Sargaeta could prove a helpful ally. Whatever's going on at Lady Docur’s School for Girls could prove to be an opportunity to improve out standing with a noble family or two."

She told the other Silver Ravens, "I just remembered something I heard two or three weeks about uniforms: I believe that most of the dottari uniforms are kept at the six main towers of the city walls, which also serve as barracks. However, I think each tower sends uniforms to Castle Kintargo once a week, at the end of the day, for cleaning and repairs. If we could steal some, we'd be all set for uniforms."


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Knowledge local, prisoner logistics: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 12 + (6) = 24

Talvek perks up at Lubella's mention of towers and uniforms.

"Ah yes, the towers! Of course. I hear they're keeping criminals and political detainees there as well, before they're transferred to the Holding House or to the Castle. Perhaps we can use that. And tomorrow morning I'll see if I can find anything about those numbers. Perhaps they are mentioned in the documents that accompanied their arrest, or perhaps I can find out the numbers of other prisoners arrested around the same time, and deduce theirs from that."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

I think Sidius was watching the Holding House. What did he observe?

Lubella replied to Talvek, "I'll canvass some of the other Silver Ravens supporters, and see what they know about prisoner numbers. Then I'll go and have a look at the castle."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Sidius eventually returns after observing the Holding House. Besides the occasional arrival of dottari with a new pair of prisoners, none were released or seen within the doors.

1d4 ⇒ 3

After dinner (6pm-9pm) The gathering of information can be achieved within the confines or general area of the Tooth and Nail as there are plenty of regular customers and visitors with their different stories to tell. Some even repeat rumors Fhingle or others of you have heard in the past week.

Eventually the evening grows long and folks head to their homes for the evening.

Setrona asks as she ushers the last ones out. So is there any plan for the morning? Did you find a place to stay? I would let you stay here, but that may draw more suspicion. If you are leaving, curfew is upon us.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella spent the evening chatting with the patrons of the Tooth and Nail, looking for information about where she could find the prisoner numbers.

Diplomacy (gather information): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

As the evening wore on, she got lucky, befriending a disgruntled clerk who had access to prisoner rolls. A few drinks, and look at a notebook 'accidentally' left open got her the information she needed.

She returned to the Tooth and Nail just before closing time. "I got the prisoner numbers!", she whispered excitedly to her comrades, showing them a scrap of paper with the numbers scrawled on it:

Benjen Preveau 2119
Hortense Lierre 2120
Ilsani Aberveen 2125
Kasston Auruda 2126

She replied to Setrona, "No, we haven't lined up a place to stay the night. We'll have to rough it and hole up in an abandoned building."


Vitals:
(HP: 30/30; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +8[+10] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 4 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +7; Diplo +5; Heal +7; Kn(Arcana) +10; Kn(Hist/Nature/Planes) +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +10; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +12; Stealth +10; UMD +8)

Sorry, was waiting for my "return" to post.

Sidius arrives, looks around, then casts Cloak of Secrets before he sits. He smiles as he feels the magic working, then says, "That should prevent people from listening in... at least without getting up close to us."

Sidius offers, "We've found a few buildings we can rotate through. It's shelter against the weather, and we can be back here in the morning for food and to share information."

He takes a pull from the cider he'd ordered, then offers, "I watched all day and didn't see any transfers -- or, more accurately, any transfers out. So if there's a special procedure, I didn't learn it. There were, however, some new arrivals."

He takes a moment to catch up on the planning, then says, "So, based on what we know, the softest point would be the transfer to or from the castle. But doing it that way puts us in the same place we'd have been if we hit another patrol for their uniforms - it's not ideal. We could probably try to confuse things if we were to tear apart the uniforms and mail - other than what we need - so that there's enough small pieces that it would be hard to tell anything was missing."

He takes a pull from his cider, "The more audacious play would be to hit a barracks and take them from stores. Ideally, we'd sneak in, take some, start a fire to cover the theft and, potentially, our escape. But, to know if that's at all feasible, we'd need to watch a barracks, and what's more, try to get an idea on what defenses they have against magic -- because going in invisibly and having a fire elemental burn the place down as we're leaving would be the easiest solution, but I don't think we'd be that lucky. And, if it did work, I don't think it's the sort of thing that could ever work a second time...."

He takes another pull, then says, "Of course, a distraction in the area of the tower could draw the guard out, leaving a mostly undefended tower we could raid - maybe not quite at our leisure, but close to it. Maybe an explosion or a small riot, or both?"


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

"Thanks, The more people we can get on our side the better, I will continue to walk the town if needed to find out more information." Fhingle says before devouring his meal.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

"We could intercept uniforms being transported, get one from 3 different areas that way they don't notice 3 missing from one tower." Fhingle offers before paying as they head out.


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

"I can accompany whoever is sorting out the situation with the prisoners. If it is needed, the Blue Warlock could make a hell of an appearance."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella said, "The towers might be pretty heavily defended. I think we should do some reconnaissance to evaluate how feasible the tower option would be.

"If I were to guess, I'd say that each of the six towers sends their uniforms on a different day of the week, to spread the work out for the people at the castle. But that is just a guess.

"Should we get Hetamon to start on one uniform? That way we'd only need to get two more, which might not arouse as much suspicion."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Outside from a distance, you start to hear the familiar dottari calling outside, the count down to curfew.

Fifteen minutes, citizens. By lawful proclamation, you know the process. No one is to be wondering the streets after curfew. Go to your homes or face certain detention.

Setrona says You better get moving, tomorrow could be a busy day. Good night. I will be locking up soon.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella said goodnight to Setrona, and then turned to Sidius, "Brakisi, is one of the abandoned buildings you looked at today suitable for us to sleep in?"


Vitals:
(HP: 30/30; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +8[+10] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 4 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +7; Diplo +5; Heal +7; Kn(Arcana) +10; Kn(Hist/Nature/Planes) +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +10; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +12; Stealth +10; UMD +8)

Sidius nods, "Aye, as I said when I came in, there's a few we can rotate through."


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

"Or we could let ourselves get arrested and strip them of their uniforms." Talvek replies, only half-joking.

"I get the feeling that our time for this rescue runs short, so I don't think we will have time for Hetamon to make a uniform. Besides, he only said it would take a day per uniform, not that he would drop all his other orders to start on ours immediately. I think intercepting a transport from one of the towers is still our best, and swiftest option. Kyda and Ba, I think you have a good chance of finding out the laundry schedule at the castle, I can imagine a lot of the servants there are halflings. I will ask my people as well, see if they know anything."

He yawns and stretches his arms up expansively as they walk. "But for now, I have a full stomach and I am looking forward to our luxurious accommodation for the night." He winks at Sidius.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

"We better get going then, Sidius led the way. We need to get these buildings marked down so we can have our people put drops here if we need more things while on a move." Fhingle says putting some of the food in his napkin and rolling it up, as he is doing this he looks around to see if the others are giving him odd looks.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The five of you depart from the bar without incident. No dottari are within sight, but you can hear their warning calls as you follow Sidius to the closest abandoned building. Definitely far from the accommodations you have had, but at least no vagrants or rodents to clear that you can see.

You hear the final bell and the call with marching boots to follow.

Curfew is now enforced on Kintargo.

You can plan into the night, use whatever spells, lighting etc as long as you are off the streets.

Based upon the day of the week and the highly regimented schedule of dottari life, the intelligence and best estimations would have the gate towers on the Silver Road on the schedule for uniform cleaning transport tomorrow at noon.

Arcos or someone will still need to populate the numbers onto the transfer forms.

And then...what? :)


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Once in a safer spot, Fhingle will find something to make a comfy spot to sit. "We will need a way for Lubella and myself to get inside as well. 3 Guards is fine but how do you get 2 halflings inside?"


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

Could I use profession (scribe) to put the number on the forms?


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella replied to Fhingle, "We might have to wait outside. Much as I'd want to keep track of what's happening, I don't want to jeopardize the ruse. If we're needed inside, it would mean that something has gone wrong."

Turning her attention to the next morning's activities, she said,

"If the uniforms are coming from the gate on the Silver Road, as we suspect, the shipment will come through the Greens, through the harbor district, across the bridge, then along the south side of the river, to the castle. It would be simplest to intercept the shipment after it's come across the bridge. We could split up to get things done in the morning, and then meet up at noon.

"I can scout for the best ambush location; I'll try to find out the size of the transport party. Another person could watch the Holding House. And someone else could have a look at one of the other towers, and see if it looks possible to sneak in, and steal uniforms that way."


Forged Map | Rebels Map
Arcos Vadreis wrote:
Could I use profession (scribe) to put the number on the forms?

Yes, I'd think so.

gm:

1d100 ⇒ 55
2d12 ⇒ (7, 3) = 10

The gloomy dawn arrives without incident, other than sore backs and smell of musty odor in the dank building. The roof is leaking in spots as a light drizzle appears to have started and by the looks of it, could persist until evening. Whether the weather helps or hinders the day's events is yet to be seen.

Lubella considers the potential path of the uniform wagon, still expected around noon, potentially later to cross the Bleakbridge.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

"I will see what other information I can gather, we could visit the girls house and that disgruntled captain as well?" Fhingle says


Vitals:
(HP: 30/30; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +8[+10] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 4 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +7; Diplo +5; Heal +7; Kn(Arcana) +10; Kn(Hist/Nature/Planes) +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +10; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +12; Stealth +10; UMD +8)

Sidius suggests, "Could be worth buying a scroll of alter self.. Though we'd need another uniform in that case."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella woke up shortly before dawn (or what would have been dawn if the weather had been better). She performed her dawn prayers, and headed to the Tooth and Nail for some sort of breakfast. As she ate, she discussed plans for the morning, "I'm going to scout for the best place to intercept the uniform wagon. Who's going to watch the Holding House?

This assumes that we can get into the Tooth and Nail fairly early for breakfast; if not, we could go to the Owl Bakery.

"And does anyone want to have a look at one of the towers? Just don't get too close!"

She said to Fhingle, "Lady Docur’s School for Girls is at the far end of Villegre, so if you went there, you'd have to be careful to allow enough time to get back to meet us at noon.

"I'm thinking we can meet at the crossroads just east of the Silver Star ruins. There's a cheap eatery there."

I'm making up the eatery — it seems logical there would be some sort of restaurant near there (just east of J6 on the map).

Lady Docur’s School for Girls is at V1, in the northwest corner of the city. I'm presuming that talking to the ship's captain would involved going to the Yolubilis Harbor district, on the north side of the river.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

"I'll watch the Holding House." Talvek offers. "And perhaps we shouldn't spread ourselves too thin. Two pairs of eyes see better than one, after all."

2,601 to 2,650 of 2,869 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Barzillai Thrune's Hell's Rebels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.