Sic Semper Tyrannis! (Thrune's Hell's Rebels Revived) (Inactive)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Rebellion

Maps

Loot Sheet

GM Screen:

Perception:
'[dice=Perception (Aldren)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Arcos)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Lubella)]1d20+5[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Talvek)]1d20[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Kenji)]1d20+3[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Sidius)]1d20+0[/dice]

Initiative:
'[dice=Initiative (Arcos)]1d20+5[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Lubella)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Talvek)]1d20+5[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Sidius)]1d20+6[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Kenji)]1d20+2[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative ()]1d20[/dice]


6,351 to 6,400 of 7,032 << first < prev | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | next > last >>

AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

Lubella replied, "I'll talk to Captain Cassius Sargeta about sailing for Vyre. What information do we have about the city?"

Knowledge Geography (Vyre): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 34/66 | AC 25 Tch. 15, Ff. 21 | Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +3 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +14; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Knowledge geography: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 8 + (4) = 24


Rebels Map

For the next three you can open whichever you exceed-all the same roll

You recall a few things you have heard about Vyre:

kn:geography= DC 10:

Vyre was, from the start, a city for those who wanted a
place to indulge in the exotic, the dangerous, and the
forbidden. In the centuries since, Vyre has thrived. The
so-called City of Masks prides itself on being a place
where names aren’t required, no questions are asked,
and no appetites judged.

kn:geography= DC 15:

Squatting at the edge of the sea, looming over a harbor
too shallow for larger ships, the City of Masks exists
primarily to entertain. Here truly nothing is regarded as
sin, and for the right price, anything is possible and even
excusable. Yet Vyre is no anarchy—even this depraved
city has laws that are enforced by a wide range of wellpaid and specialized peacekeepers.
The city sprawls between two rising hills, its shallow
harbor protected by a rocky isle that is home to the
city’s government buildings and defensive quarter.

kn:geography= DC 20:
The welfare of Kintargo is also important. After all, with Vyre’s poor
accommodations for harboring ships, most of that city’s
imports of food and other supplies depend on being
able to use Kintargo as a sort of proxy port; otherwise,
many trade vessels would simply pass the city of Vyre by
on their way north or south in pursuit of safer harbors.

these next two are specialized and one roll each

kn:nobility=DC25:

Vyre is led by five so-called queens and kings:
Currently, these consist of the Queen of Whispers
(representing Vyre’s intelligence and protecting its
secrets), the Queen of Blades (leader of the city’s
militia), the King of Keys (charged with maintaining
city defenses), the Queen of Blood (responsible for
the representation of Vyre’s citizens), and the Queen
of Delights (representing Vyre’s economy and the
interests of the city’s many visitors).

kn:local DC25:

===Vyre’s Five Promises===
Vyre’s laws are simple, yet prominent, and represented
throughout the city in stone carvings below statues
of ancient heroes and villains. All visitors to Vyre are
expected to uphold these five promises, as are her
citizens—those who break these regulations and cannot
offer defense invariably end up in Dunrock Prison.
I Shall Honor All Coin: Transactions are always binding
and refunds are not guaranteed. Do not burgle or steal.
Price itself is always negotiable.
I Shall Speak Many Names: Names spoken in Vyre
are to be accepted as truth. Do not publicly spread
visitors’ true identities if they want them hidden.
I May Wound Yet Shall Not Kill: Let your enemies
live, that they might have a chance at revenge. If you
cannot abide such threats, make no enemies at all.
I Know None Are Below Me: Even the lowliest beggar
may well be a high priest of Norgorber. In Vyre, all
forms of prejudice are frowned upon, and the racist, the
misogynist, the classist, and the like must tread with care.
I Shall Let Closed Doors Remain Closed: Breakings
of these promises that occur in private are considered to
have never been broken at all, lacking a burden of proof,
but revealing closed-door secrets without sufficient
evidence is answered with imprisonment.


Rebels Map

Zachrin Vhast finally addresses the remaining topics.

Thank you for having me. This was more information than I have heard. But some I can confirm. There is a window for which trips can be made. The ball or mascaraed have not been explicitly set. My understanding is there is some sort of gathering of Vyre's nobility in two days. Allies may be found there, as they may be discussing the same concerns our esteemed Laria has raised.

He pauses to clear his throat.

I can only add one name to the list of gentry to approach. Baron Canton Jhaltero may still be willing to oppose the Thrunes. He prizes information. Impress the baron with your wealth of knowledge and he may aid you with his own network of connections.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

Lubella replied to Zachain, "It seems that we need to travel to Vyre as soon as possible! I'll send a raven to Captain Sargaeta right away to alert him; It's very short notice, but it's urgent that we attend the social gathering there.

"After the meeting, I'll pay a visit to his ship to confirm the arrangements."

Note:
"Captain Sargaeta, I've just learned of a social event in Vyre in two days that we need to attend. I apologize for the short notice, but as I said, I only learned for it a few minutes ago. After my meeting, I'll drop by your ship to discuss.
-Kyda"

She hastily wrote a note and attached it to her raven figurine. "Excuse me for a moment." She went out into the alley, and after making sure that she wasn't being watched, sent the messenger on it's way with instructions to leave the note at the Scourge of Belial.

After she sent the raven, she returned inside to the meeting, "Sorry, but given the urgency, I needed to alert him right away."

She addressed the team, "Please be ready to depart tomorrow if necessary."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

Lubella informed the council, "One of the aquatic elves at the village of Acisazi asked me to pass on any information about the Opera Singer Shensen. Lady Docur, have your operatives discovered any information about her whereabouts, or what might have happened to her? Since the Ball is apparently to be held at the Kintargo Opera House, is there anything that we should be on the lookout for while we're there?"


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 34/66 | AC 25 Tch. 15, Ff. 21 | Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +3 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +14; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek smiles at Lubella. "Easily done. I haven't unpacked yet from our previous trip."

Once the meeting is concluded, the tiefling spends a good part of the evening flipping through his books and making notes on their destination, a mug of Laria's brew at his side.

Drinking an extract of Fox's Cunning and Heightened Awareness.

Knowledge nobility: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 12 + (1) = 26
Knowledge local: 1d20 + 19 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 19 + (3) = 27


Hetamon speaks up to Talveks comment.

”If the Vyre nobility are meeting, you will undoubtedly need court attire more than marine armor. You will need to be dressed for diplomatic matches and less so armed conflict. Do not misunderstand, there are dangerous elements in Vyre…some potential hostile. But your goal will be to gain admission to the courts.“


Female Elf

Lady Docur adds

”Experience at court will benefit you for the ball of the Lord-Mayor. Take copious notes. I wish I had time for one of my girls to tutor you. But sadly, you are on your own.“


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 34/66 | AC 25 Tch. 15, Ff. 21 | Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +3 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +14; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek adds several books on etiquette to his nocturnal study pile, and can be heard muttering in front of his mirror late into the night.


Female Elf

That is about all the guest members have to say. Unless you have questions or directives for them, they will depart.

Lady Docur stands first.

”I am afraid I cannot stay any later. The curfew and bridge await and the streets are not exactly safe at night. Between the dottari and the gangs, I am not certain which is worse.“

She will exit. Laria will smile and follow.

”My path is even longer. Good night my friends. Safe travels if you journey to Vyre. I will want to hear all about it. Sergio, stop by the Longroads sometime.“


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

Lubella bid the attendees farewell, and asked Sergio to accompany her,"I'll introduce you to Captain Cassius Sargeta of the Scourge of Belial; he owes us a favor or two".

Before she departed, she spoke to Hetamon, "I'll come by the Devil's Threads in the morning. I'm going to need something suitable for the diplomatic meetings meetings in Vyre."

Leaving the Tooth and Nail, she headed through the Salt Gate towards where the Scourge of Belial was anchored. She approached the warship and hailed the sailor on watch, "Apologies for the late hour, but I need to speak to Captain Sargeta; he should be expecting me."


Rebels Map

The Silver Councile adjurns and the other participants head back to their respective homes before the curfew.

***

Lubella is able to reach the harbor and the Scourge of Belial without too much incident.

Although you are greeted by a member of the crew, Captain Sargeta himself steps to the rail of his ship and waves you aboard.

Greetings again. Interestingly enough, I was expecting you after your note. This had best be urgent to be this late of a call. What are you seeking this time?


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

Lubella told Captain Sargeta, "We just had a meeting, where I learned of a social event in Vyre, where we would have an opportunity to meet members of the nobility there. It's being held in two days, so it's am ideal chance to make social contacts and form alliances. We need to get there, talk to prominent members of society, and make it back before Barzillai Thrune's masquerade ball in about two weeks (the exact date hasn't been announced yet). Given our tight timetable, I was hoping you could transport us to Vyre, and bring us back in time to make preparations for the masquerade ball, which we really can't afford to miss. The ball looks like it's going to be a highlight of Kintargo's social scene, and we really need to convince some of the local nobility to support our cause.

"I appreciate that this is very short notice, which is why I came here immediately following the meeting. I didn't invite you to the meeting this time, given your restrictions about leaving your ship, but perhaps Lieutenant Nones can attend on your behalf for future meetings."


Rebels Map

Captain Sargaeta frowns in thought for a moment.

I have visited the city for personal reasons several times.

He motions Lubella to follow into his cabin. Then has Lieutentant Nones shut the door.

The primary hurdle to gaining support for Kintargo
isn’t necessarily convincing Vyre’s leaders. The
the real trick is finding a leader to convince.
Vyre is governed by a hidden council of five self-styled queens
and kings who keep their identities secret, and not all
of them are friendly. Before you can approach one
of these masked leaders with a request for an alliance
with the Silver Ravens, you will need an invite and to determine not only
whom to approach, but also whom not to approach.

He pauses for that to sink in...

I can take you, as a personal favor. It will take a little more than a day, but I could have you there a few hours before this meeting. That will not leave your much time. I would recommend the owner of the Seven Apples to gain you an invitation to the meeting.

Finally, he stands after weighing the risks to himself.

If that is agreeable, have your group and supplies here just before dawn. We will set sail at first light. This might actually solve a different problem. As a certain person's rich father is still upset for his son escaping from his quarters.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

Lubella replied to Captain Sargaeta, "Do you know if we will be able to buy appropriate clothing in Vyre for the diplomatic meetings? I was planning on meeting our tailor first thing in the morning to outfit myself properly."


Rebels Map

”I cannot guarantee what clothing is available in Vyre. But if we wait too long here that will cut it short on time to secure an invite. You could be ‘all dressed up with no place to go’, as the saying has it.“ he smiles at his pun.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

"Very well, , Lubella said reluctantly, aware that she would be breaking her commitment to Hetamon. "We'll be here first thing in the morning."

She could feel her stress rising as she tried to think about who she could trust to take her measurements, and pass them on to Hetamon. Everything is such a rush.

She bid the captain Good Night and started walking back to the Lucky Bones.

"Do you have any experience taking clothing measurements?" She asked Sergio.

"I'm going to have to get you to take my measurements to Hetamon in the morning. I guess you could mark off pieces of string and give them to him; We'll find something in the Lucky Bones. You can sleep there, if there's not enough time for you to gat home tonight. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience."

When she arrived back at the hideout, she hunted around for lengths of string that Sergio could use, and explained to her comrades, "We're going to have to meet Captain Sargaeta at the Scourge of Belail just before dawn; we're sailing at first light."

After she found enough string, or something similar, she instructed Sergio, "I'm guessing that Hetamon will need the measurement around my waist, another measurement around my hips, one around my shoulders, and one for my inseam. Just tie the string off so you don't have to try to remember anything."


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 34/66 | AC 25 Tch. 15, Ff. 21 | Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +3 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +14; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

"Are you getting an outfit? Hold on, one of my aunts is a seamstress, let me see if I remember this right..."

Talvek pulls out a sheet of parchment. "Will it have sleeves? He will probably need the length from shoulder to wrist. And probably neck circumference if it's anything with a collar."

The tiefling scribbles a couple of notes. "I was going to send a note to my family tonight anyway, the messenger could drop off your measurements as well so we don't trouble Sergio."


Vitals:
(HP: 58/58; AC: 14[18]/13/12[16]; Perception: +12[+14] (Low-light); Init: +2; Fort: +5; Ref: +5 Will: +9; CMD: 17; CMB: +4; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 8 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +12; Diplo +10; Fly: +8; Heal +11; Kn(Arcana/Hist) +11; Kn(Nature/Planes) +10; Ling: +6; Lore(Silver Ravens) +11; Prof(Herbal) +13; SenseMot +2[+4]; Splcrft +16; Stealth +14; UMD +13)

Sidius nods, "That would be helpful, thanks. I don't imagine my great-aunt would approve of me contacting the folks who made the outfits I hated as a child." He sighs, "Though now I suddenly wish I'd paid more attention to the etiquette lessons. Let's hope it all comes back easily."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

Lubella replied to Talvek, "Better take the sleeve and neck measurements. I haven't had a chance to discuss it with Hetamon yet. I'm sure that whatever he designs will be fine; Thank-you."

Lubella told Talvek and the others, "I just remembered something we found near the entrance to the flooded passages below the Lucky Bones: There was a leger, and a set of deeds for a number of warehouses and waterfront buildings in Vyre that name one Molly Mayapple as the legal owner. Other notes with the ledgers indicated that these deeds are stolen, and that the Gray Spiders intended to use the deeds to blackmail Miss Mayapple. I'm going to bring those deeds with me for our voyage."

She located the appropriate deeds and stored them carefully in her backpack.

I can't remember if we had a waterproof container. If we do she'll store them in that.

@GM Aarvid: Thanks for reminding me!


Male Human Hellknight| HP: 59/59 AC:23 T:19 F:22 | Saves F:7 R:7 W:12 (evasion) | Init: 4 | Per: 12 | CMB:7 CMD:26 | Speed 30ft | Active: | Condition: none Hellknight of the Torrent

The preparations for costumed attire are made in a rush as you prepare for a voyage to Vyre. Papers are collected and messages sent, you try to sleep but constantly think of one more task that was left undone.

Pre-Dawn alarm awakens you, perhaps less rested than when you started. But you are able to pull your travel gear together and head to the docks,

Octavio bids you success as he watches you depart.

”Safe travels and much success. We will hold the line here until your return. Send a message if you need us for any reason and we will do our best to fulfill it here or rescue you wherever needed. Good luck! “


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rebels Map

Traversing the streets before Dawn is technically close to violating curfew. However so few dottari want to cause trouble for themselves after a long night on patrol. Besides, only hard working peasants or those truly insane would be active at this hour.

Lieutenant Nones greets you in the pale light.

”Good. The Captain was not sure your lot would make it. Welcome aboard. Stow your belongings below. The cabin steward will show you to your quarters. “

She winks and then orders the lines be untied and anchor pulled.

”Lee Ho! Prepare to set sail. Full rudder…, trim sails to quarter speed from the harbor. Double time! “

Captain Sargaeta stands at the helm rail on the Scourge of Belail and simply nods to you as you go below deck. The disciplined crew execute their duties with flawless precision.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 34/66 | AC 25 Tch. 15, Ff. 21 | Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +3 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +14; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

The excitement of the voyage temporarily washes away the weariness that Talvek feels. Not that the sea voyage to Acisazi had been terribly comfortable, but the prospect of going to a new place, seeing new sights, learning new things - that is definitely something worth a little discomfort.

On the way, he tries to remember if he'd ever heard of this Molly Mayapple - although it could be, of course, a false name.

Knowledge local, inspiration: 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 15 + (4) = 28


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

Lubella boarded the ship and stowed her gear below deck. She told Captain Sargaeta, "We have a set of deeds listing someone called Molly Mayapple as the legal owner of some warehouses and apartments in Vyre. I presume that they were stolen or forged by the Gray Spiders — a criminal organization who operated a gambling den in Kintargo years ago, before it was closed down by the Order of the Torrent — they seemed to have been planning to blackmail her. Have you heard of someone by that name? We're going to want to locate her descendants."


Rebels Map

The Captain regards Lubella's question as an interesting one, with a chuckle to a private joke.

Aye, yes. I know her. The Seven Apples is owned
and operated by the elderly Molly Mayapple. She is a well-known halfling in Vyre, and for all I know, you could be her closest kin. Not counting her three ex-husbands from what I have heard. You'd have to ask a Gray Spider or... a surviving member of the Order of the Torrent about any of their history.
he smiles again, seemingly well aware of Octavio.

Talvek:
Molly Mayapple was born in the free city of Vyre to wererat parents she never really knew, Molly made a name for herself in her young adult years as an adventurer.
Thrice married and thrice widowed, extremely well
traveled and somewhat world-weary, Molly Mayapple
retains a hopeful and positive outlook on
life. At 81 years of age, she owns the Seven Apples,
a safe haven for like-minded adventurers.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

Lubella exclaimed, "That is quite the coincidence, finding a deed to her property in the Lucky Bones; I look forward to meeting her! Is the Seven Apples far from here?"

How long ago do we think that the Lucky Bones was burned down? I'm trying to figure out if the Molly Mayapple listed on the deeds could conceivably still be alive now, or if the owner of the Seven Apples is more likely to be her descendant.


Vitals:
(HP: 58/58; AC: 14[18]/13/12[16]; Perception: +12[+14] (Low-light); Init: +2; Fort: +5; Ref: +5 Will: +9; CMD: 17; CMB: +4; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 8 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +12; Diplo +10; Fly: +8; Heal +11; Kn(Arcana/Hist) +11; Kn(Nature/Planes) +10; Ling: +6; Lore(Silver Ravens) +11; Prof(Herbal) +13; SenseMot +2[+4]; Splcrft +16; Stealth +14; UMD +13)

Sidius says, "I imagine we're hardly the first group to see the benefit in casting a wide network... However, this does give us something else to look into... and someone else to approach."


Rebels Map

The Scourge of Belail continues the voyage, cutting through the waves as the clouds clear.

The crew continues their duties and the day passes into evening.

Lieutenant Nones knocks on your cabin doors around evening.

”The Captain asked me to relay we have made good time and if our luck holds, we will reach Vyre by noon tomorrow, slightly ahead of schedule.“

She pauses.

”We have not encountered anything willing to tangle with an imperial warship during the light of day. Overnight the seas become more risky. If we should call battle stations we may need your help over night.“


aka “SCARAB“ | Male LG follower of Irori | Wolfscarred Ifrit | Outsider (Native) | Paladin 5, Ninja 2, Oracle 1 | HP 55/70 | AC 15 T 8 FF 15 | CMB +9 | CMD 17 | F: +13, R: +8, W: +15 | Init: +2 | Reroll 0/1 |Perc: +0, SM: +0, Dipl: +21 | Oracle Spells 1st 0/5 | Paladin Spells 3/3 | Channel 6/8 | Ki Pool 3/6 | Trance 5/5 | LoH 0/7 | Smite 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

Kenji nods at the lieutenant.

“Of course. I am available!“ he says with determination.

Kenji then addresses his comrades.


"My friends, as we sail towards Vyre, I cannot help but reflect on the journey that has brought us to this point. We have faced adversity at every turn, and yet we have continued to stand together, united in our cause. I am honored to call each of you my comrade, and I am grateful for the trust and faith you have placed in me - being allowed to be part of your group is an honor!“
he says.

“I have spent my life studying the teachings of Irori, striving for personal perfection in both mind and body. As we embark on this new chapter in our quest, I realize that our fates have been woven together for a reason!“ he notes looking at all of you.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

Lubella replied to Lieutenant Nones, "I will defend the ship and its crew if we are attacked in the night."

She replied to Kenji, "I'm glad to have you with us. Together we can deliver Kintargo from the malevolent designs of Barzillai Thrune!"


Vigilante 5/Rogue (Unchained) 1/ArcTrick 2 | HP 60 | AC 26 T 18 FF 17| F +5 R +10 W +5 | Init +5 | Perc +11 |

Arcos smiles to Kenji, "Kind words, friend. As long as you keep up the good fight for freedom against tyranny, you'll have an honored spot among our band of misfits."

With the prospect of fighting more sea beasts he stifles a groan, "Fighting more horrid wet beasts? Well, if we must then we must."


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 34/66 | AC 25 Tch. 15, Ff. 21 | Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +3 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +14; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

"Sea beasts, or pirates," offers Talvek, frowning. "Either way, I will help defend the ship and the crew."

Turning to the rest of the group, the tiefling asks. "Shall we take shifts and keep watch tonight?"


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

Lubella replied to Talvek, "That sound like a good plan; I can cover a watch by myself. I'll use my Light spell duration to keep track of time."

Lubella will have a Light spell (duration 70 min) running while on watch.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 34/66 | AC 25 Tch. 15, Ff. 21 | Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +3 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +14; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

"I'll take the darkest part of the night, since I can see in the dark somewhat," offers Talvek.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

Lubella offered, I'll take the last watch; I have to be up early for dawn prayers anyway."


Rebels Map

In the pre-Dawn hour around 3am the ship lurches and nearly tosses the sleeping from their bunks. Shouting is heard above and another sharp turn before the commotion settles.

gm:
atk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 for 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Lieutenant Nones knocks.

”Sorry for the disruption of your evening. Something large, kraken or the like, tried a bite of our hull. After the Captain ordered o’couple ballista shots into its hide, the beast thought better an went deep. We ain’t seen it resurfaced yet.“


Rebels Map

The Dawn arrives and the Captain is seen at the helm rail with a cup of tea as he watches the sunrise on the horizon.

”Greetings. A bit of trouble but it will take more than that to take the Scourge to the bottom. We should spot Vyre at noon and make harbor by 1 bell after. “


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 34/66 | AC 25 Tch. 15, Ff. 21 | Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +3 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +14; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek hadn't been able to sleep after the nocturnal encounter, so he is on the deck as well, watching the sunrise with the captain.

"I hope you can make necessary repairs in Vyre. Your Lieutenant mentioned that attacks are more frequent at night - any idea why that is?"

Knowledge nature: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 10 + (2) = 28


Rebels Map

”I suspect the shorter visibility ranges in the dark lead to more confusion for hunters and their victims. During the day the size of the warship is more likely to discourage the curious encounters.“ the Captain finishes his tea and pulls a spyglass.

Right on time. The Vyre harbor just coming into sight. We will drop anchor and tender you ashore. What are the plans for return? We will stay 48 hours and then depart.“


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

Lubella replied to Captain Sargaeta, "We'll want to return to Kintargo right away, so we can prepare for the Masquerade Ball.

"What are your thoughts on who we should approach, and who we should NOT approach? And since we aren't familiar with the city, can you give us a quick guide to the customs and laws of Vyre? We need to know how to avoid causing offense to those we're trying to impress.

"Finally, can you tell me what sort of clothing is appropriate for the type of meetings that we're going to be arranging? I assume that I'm going to need to buy something while the meetings are being set-up."


Rebels Map

The Captain steps down and motions Lieutenant Nones over.

”Bring me a parchment.“ he waits a few seconds until items are provided to write.

”Here is a crude map of Vyre and the main roadways. Here is the Seven Apples. And here are the main castles of the ruling royals as they are called. We will wait here for two days for I have personal affairs to address in town. Once those complete, I will set sail to Kintargo.“

He hands the parchment to Lubella

”You may find Allies for your cause but you could as likely stir resentment or betrayal by others. I caution you to tread carefully in the diplomatic circles here.“

See maps … red X ❌ is Seven Apples


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

Lubella replied, "Should we mention your name to Molly Mayapple? Are you on good terms with her? "

As they departed, she told him, "We'll see you in two days."

She turned to her comrades, "I guess we should go straight to the Seven Apples, and set up some meetings."

Note: I can't see a red X on the map, unless it's the very faint one in Old Vyre.

I guess we''ll walk through The Cradle (11), Nightcrown (13) and Southmarket (4) towards Old Vyre and the Seven Apples (6?).


Rebels Map

Land ho! Bringin' her around to starboard. Dropping anchor in harbor, sir! Ready boats for transport to shore. Passengers at the rail with all cargo. Steady as she goes. Docking in old Vyre Vice. Lieutenant Nones directs the crew as the lifeboat is lowered with your gear and two rowmen await.

As you prepare to exit, the captain nods from the rail.

A familiar face appears to send you off, none other than Marquel Aulorian

Friends, I wish you well. The captain knows little of the parties of the City of Masks. And even less of fashion. He thinks a Navy Uniform is the only outfit ever needed for any occasion. How Silly. I have been here to attend events years ago. Well, before my father locked me in my quarters and since my rescue, hiding on board the Scourge of Belial. The Seven Apples is located in Old Vyre on the waterfront
(#7 on map).

He smiles and offers some advice.

A new outfit worth a minimum
of 100 gp is enough to do the job—more expensive
purchases are fine as well. Wearing older fashions or any outfit not
purchased within the past week in Vyre or any outfit
worth less will be frowned upon. And wearing obvious
armor—would be considered a faux pas at best, and an
outright insult at worst.

He continues.

Acquiring a small gift for the host is also a good idea, something unique. Good luck at the party. I wish I could attend, but I am sure my father has agents looking for me even here.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

Lubella asked Marquel, "Where would be the beast place to buy an appropriate outfit? I'm worried that I am underdressed. I was going to ask Hetamon, but we had to leave in a hurry. Should we be wearing physical masks? I wearing assume light armor, like my Shadow Leather, under my clothes is OK?

"Captain Sargaeta seemed to think that Molly Mayapple was the best person to ask about invitations; would you agree?"


Rebels Map

Marquel frowns. ”I wish I knew more about the best shops but Molly or another local would know better which places are in vogue. The queens and kings wear masks here. Not the guests.

He smiles in distraction


The Masquerade in Kintargo is a different story. I am so looking forward to it. I have heard the Ruby Masquerade will require everyone to wear red. That is not my favorite shade as I look much better in blues and greens. Farewell. I hope to hear a full report of the party, the food and decorations.“


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

Aargh, too late edit my post to correct the mangled grammar. :(

"Hmmm. OK, so no mask."

Lubella turned to her allies, "Let's go to the Seven Apples, and get started! After we've initiated the process of getting an invite, we can go clothes shopping. We 'll have to rely on Molly's recommendation for the best place."


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 6/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 34/66 | AC 25 Tch. 15, Ff. 21 | Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +3 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +14; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek seems delighted at the prospect of getting an expensive outfit. "I hope a place like Vyre will be more tolerant towards those of my kind, but I think I would still like a large hat."

The tiefling grimaces at the mention of potentially having to wear red at the masquerade in Kintargo. "Right?! Red is the worst for my complexion."

he does his best to look presentable as they disembark and head into the city, keeping an eye out for anyone who might be watching them, or even following them.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 14 + (1) = 25


Rebels Map

The row men pull the lifeboat into the nearest bay and tie it off before helping you unload your baggage.

”Aye, the Cap’n told us to sets you off here. We aims to pick you up here in two days if this be open like. “

Once unloaded, you see various workers on the waterfront plying their trades. While you may raise more than a casual glance, there are enough travelers and other commerce that you do not stand out. Other sailors, buccaneers and adventurers are seen in the streets.

Looking up the alley you see a number of hostels and pubs. Obviously this collection of seedy establishments give this area the nickname of ‘The Vise’ although some say this part of the city can grab a traveler and never let them lose again.

The Seven Apples sign is seen a block off the warf.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 8 | HP24/75 AC:21 T:23 F:18 | Saves F:9 R:17 W:9 (13 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 6 | Per: 13 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Speed 30ft | Active: Message, Good Hope, Haste, Heroism, Sickened, Mirror Images: 4

Lubella cast a spell to prepare her for the meeting with Molly Mayapple, before entering the Seven Apples.

Casting Heroism on herself.

1 to 50 of 7,032 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Barzillai Thrune's Hell's Rebels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.