Samnell's Dragonlance Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Samnell

It's Dragonlance. And Pathfinder. Both. At the same time.
Present Map
Map of Abanasinia, aka Misspelled Ethiopia


3,551 to 3,600 of 3,819 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

oathbound(wyrms/undeath) warrior of the holy light

Mittens looks at Jackun clearly confused and lost.


Gay Male Inhuman

Jakun?


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82(96/96) | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter) | Shadow's Status |

Jakun looks for a spot to tie off a rope and flies it back to the room where his allies await.

"Hopefully this works".

---

Sorry, damn kids and Goblins...


Gay Male Inhuman
Jakun Stormhoof wrote:

Jakun looks for a spot to tie off a rope and flies it back to the room where his allies await.

"Hopefully this works".

---

Sorry, damn kids and Goblins...

It took some doing, but Jakun found a bit of projecting stone that should hold the rope and tied it up. The line played out, falling toward the ceiling as he went back to the others and having to swing wide around the huge statue of the dwarf in the room's center, but it seemed that it would do the job.


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Caitlyn looked at the rope and sighed inwardly, this was going to be undignified. Glancing at Mariel, she said, "Come one then, time to go. I'll help you."

Grabbing a firm hold of the rope with one hand and Mariel with the other, Caitlyn started inching her way over, using one hand and her feet. It was awkward, it looked silly but darnit Caitlyn was good at this kind of thing!
Climb?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

When they finally got to the other side, Caitlyn nodded at Jackun and asked, "Where next?"

Liberty's Edge

oathbound(wyrms/undeath) warrior of the holy light

Mittens tries to follow the others across the gap

climb: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0


Gay Male Inhuman

Stone ACs: 26, T8, F26

Round 1
As the Companions set off down the rope Jakun strung across the long hallway and past the statue, the huge dwarf turns to look directly at them and brings its huge hands down from the ceiling, clenched in murderous fists!

Rules Stuff:

Inits
Stone: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Caitlyn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Jakun: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Mariel: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Mittens: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Damn. Next golem needs some lubrication.

Situation: you are in a room where reverse gravity applies and have been shimmying across on a rope. That's effectively climbing, so you are sans Dex and shield bonuses to AC. If you take damage, you may be knocked loose from the rope and fall up to the ceiling. Climb DC 15 to prevent that. You can use one hand to attack if you're in range, but anything two-handed means you need to let go and let antigravity take its course. Unless you're Jakun and have a fly spell running like the cheating cheater that cheats who he is.

Also I found a door graphic I think I like.

Order is Mittens, Caitlyn, Jakun, Stone, Mariel. Everyone but Mariel is up!


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

"Err..." Caitlyn glanced at the statue and gulped before glancing at Jackun,
Going to Defer until after Jackun in case he casts a buff.


Gay Male Inhuman
Caitlyn Weissman wrote:

"Err..." Caitlyn glanced at the statue and gulped before glancing at Jackun,

Going to Defer until after Jackun in case he casts a buff.

The statue could use a buff or two. Good of you to remind him. :)


Gay Male Inhuman

Mittens? Jakun?

Liberty's Edge

oathbound(wyrms/undeath) warrior of the holy light

sorry thought I posted will do that when I get home

Liberty's Edge

oathbound(wyrms/undeath) warrior of the holy light

grunts as he makes his way towards the golem swinging his sword when he gets close

attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Ideally after Jackun.
Unsure if the statue had abnormal reach, Caitlyn attempted to duck and tumble as she approached. Her armor and the hammer made this awkward but she ended up about five feet away and she managed to swing with respectable force but it was literally like hitting a stone wall. The shock ran up the hammer's metal haft busing her hands and she wasn't at all sure that she'd done any damage...

Acrobatics?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Rage, Power Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23Damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

If we can get +3 from buffs / aid anothers that would become a hit.


Gay Male Inhuman

Jakun, you about?


Gay Male Inhuman

Stone ACs: 26, T8, F26

Round 1
Mittens grunts as he makes his way towards the golem swinging his sword when he gets close. All his skill was not quite a match for the golem's unyielding hide. His blade struck sparks but left the stone unmarred.

Unsure if the statue had abnormal reach, Caitlyn attempted to duck and tumble as she approached. Her armor and the hammer made this awkward but she ended up about five feet away and she managed to swing with respectable force but it was literally like hitting a stone wall. The shock ran up the hammer's metal haft busing her hands and she wasn't at all sure that she'd done any damage...

Jakun's hands began to move in the passes of a spell, then froze as something unseen held him rapt. Until Shadow's around again. :)

A wave of unseen force rushed forth from the stone dwarf and for a moment the air seemed to turn thick about Caitlyn, Mariel, and Mittens before they fought off the strange power. Its twin fists descended upon the paladin with the force of mountains, knocking him from the rope. He fell upward and struck the ceiling, badly hurt. 44/91

Rules Stuff:

Will DC 17 for everyone but Jakun, who is out of range.
Caitlyn: 1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 5 = 28
Mariel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Mittens: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Mittens is closer, so it's him for full attack
Slam: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (17) + 22 = 39
Damage: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (5, 8) + 9 = 22
Slam: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28
Damage: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (1, 5) + 9 = 15

And he took damage, so there's a chance he loses his grip on the rope.
Climb DC 15: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13 That heavy armor.
Falling Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

Situation: you are in a room where reverse gravity applies and have been shimmying across on a rope. That's effectively climbing, so you are sans Dex and shield bonuses to AC. If you take damage, you may be knocked loose from the rope and fall up to the ceiling. Climb DC 15 to prevent that. You can use one hand to attack if you're in range, but anything two-handed means you need to let go and let antigravity take its course. Unless you're Jakun and have a fly spell running like the cheating cheater that cheats who he is.

Mittens is prone on the ceiling, out of melee reach of the stone.

Order is Mittens, Caitlyn, Jakun, Stone, Mariel. Everyone is up!


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

"We can't fight it like this!" cried Caitlyn. The only thing to do was to try and cross to the other side. She tried to swing around the rope as she surged towards the other side, but this was much easier said that done. In the end it was all she could do to hang onto the rope for dear life and drag herself towards the exit. Once she was on solid land again she intended to stand and fight but it was madness to engage it here.

Acrobatics to avoid AOO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
The inevitable climb: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


Gay Male Inhuman

Jakun? Mittens? Mariel?

Liberty's Edge

oathbound(wyrms/undeath) warrior of the holy light

"mittens no can hit big rock man"

he tries to move forward on the ceiling


Gay Male Inhuman

Jakun? Mariel?


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82(96/96) | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter) | Shadow's Status |

Round 1

Jakun huffs, "Nothing is easy in this place".

Jakun casts Stoneskin on Mittens.

Heroic Surge

He then grabs Mittens from the ceiling seeking to fly him across the room.


Gay Male Inhuman

Mariel?


Gay Male Inhuman

Last call for Mariel.


Gay Male Inhuman

Stone ACs: 26, T8, F26

Round 2
Mariel clung to the rope with one hand and invoked Paladine's blessing.

"mittens no can hit big rock man" he tried to move forward on the ceiling, gaining some ground.

"We can't fight it like this!" cried Caitlyn. The only thing to do was to try and cross to the other side. She tried to swing around the rope as she surged towards the other side, but this was much easier said that done. In the end it was all she could do to hang onto the rope for dear life and drag herself towards the exit. Once she was on solid land again she intended to stand and fight but it was madness to engage it here. As she reeled about the rope, the golem swung its heavy hands and collided with Caitlyn with bone-breaking force.

Jakun huffs, "Nothing is easy in this place". Jakun casts Stoneskin on Mittens, warding him against golem blows. He then grabs Mittens from the ceiling seeking to fly him across the room. The two made the transit without difficulty. Before the far door, they felt normal gravity reassert itself. Jakun's spell made the descent smooth.

The dwarven statue acted then, bringing both heavy hands up and slamming them into Caitlyn. She kept her grip on Jakun's rope, but the raw force of each blow left her more battered and bruised.

Rules Stuff:

StoneAoO: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (13) + 22 = 35
Damage: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (10, 1) + 9 = 20

Full Caitlyn
Stone: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (11) + 22 = 33
Damage: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (5, 10) + 9 = 24
Climb DC 15: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Stone: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25
Damage: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (9, 1) + 9 = 19
Climb DC 15: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

You're all rocking bless: +1 morale to attacks and fear saves

Order is Mittens, Caitlyn, Jakun, Stone, Mariel. Everyone is up!


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

GM how can it full attack Caitlyn? An aoo sure but she was intending to move sufficiently out of its threatened area.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

For some reason the only updates I got were in the discussion thread, not in the game play


Gay Male Inhuman
Caitlyn Weissman wrote:
GM how can it full attack Caitlyn? An aoo sure but she was intending to move sufficiently out of its threatened area.

I forgot to move her. I'll undo the damage for the second hit.


Gay Male Inhuman
Mariel Uth Kaldar wrote:
For some reason the only updates I got were in the discussion thread, not in the game play

That's happened to me too. Anyway, you're up again.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

That is strange


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

The Revered Daughter will say an inspiring word to the barbarian
The gods of Good, especially Paladine, grant you their strength. They light your path.

s a standard action, you can speak an inspiring word to a creature within 30 feet. That creature receives a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your cleric level (minimum 1) 3 rounds


Gay Male Inhuman

Everyone but Mariel?

Liberty's Edge

oathbound(wyrms/undeath) warrior of the holy light

stares at the stone dwarf not knowing what to do


Gay Male Inhuman

Jakun? Caitlyn?


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

do you want us to Bot them?


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Sorry! So re the Combat, I guess was expecting Caitlyn to be south of where Jackun is, but nevermind!.

Snarling in pain Caitlyn instantly sees red and brings her hammer round in a blur! It impacts with bone jarring force, sending fragments of stone flying. She then darts back through the door and cries, "Don't stand there Mariel!"

Standard attack followed by moving three steps backwards - to avoid the probably lethal full attack.
Rage, power attack, bless, Mariel's other bonus: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 1 + 2 = 32Damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26


Gay Male Inhuman

Stone ACs: 26, T8, F26; DR10/adamantine

Round 3
The Revered Daughter will say an inspiring word to Caitlyn, "The gods of Good, especially Paladine, grant you their strength. They light your path."

Mittens, stuck on the ceiling, stared at the stone dwarf and didn't know what to do.

Snarling in pain Caitlyn instantly sees red and brings her hammer round in a blur! It impacts with bone jarring force, sending fragments of stone flying. She then darts back through the door and cries, "Don't stand there Mariel!" Her hammer bit not nearly so deeply as she thought it might, stopped dead by hard rock.

Jakun was again held rapt, lost in some strange reverie as the huge statue lumbered forward and swung its clublike hands at Mariel. The two tremendous blows nearly slew the Revered Daughter!

Rules Stuff:

Stone: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 42
Damage: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (6, 3) + 9 = 18
Stone: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37
Damage: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (5, 10) + 9 = 24

You're all rocking bless: +1 morale to attacks and fear saves
Caitlyn has +2 morale (doesn't stack with the above) to attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws a while.

Order is Mittens, Caitlyn, Jakun, Stone, Mariel. Everyone is up!


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82(96/96) | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter) | Shadow's Status |

Pretty sure I flew Mittens to the far side of the room last round!

Round 3

Jakun flies back into the room and around the creature, swooping u the Revered Daughter!

Heroic Surge

He then races towards teh far side of the room to deliver the Revered Daughter next to Mittens.

Two down and now just Caitlyn to retrieve it seems...

Sorry for the delay. RL BS.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Oh no!


Gay Male Inhuman
Jakun Stormhoof wrote:

Pretty sure I flew Mittens to the far side of the room last round!

You're right; I forgot. He's moved over there now. Also it looks like with heroic surge, initiative in his favor, and Caitlyn probably pulling out on her own this round before Stoney goes the party can safely withdraw. So, unless there's objection:

Feeling from the stone dwarf's assault, the Companions make for the door. Caitlyn hauls herself through the reversing gravity as Jakun sweeps up Mariel and brings her back to where he placed Mittens moments before. As soon as all are through the door, back the way they came, the statue turned and returned to its post in the room's center.

Liberty's Edge

oathbound(wyrms/undeath) warrior of the holy light

Mittens reaches out and lays hands on Mariel, she feels the power of the bison god healing her and protecting her

lay on hands w/ haunted and Targeted mercies: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 2) = 13

Mariel now has Sanctuary for 7 rounds and the will save dc to attack her is 17. Also mittens heals 4 hit points do to reward of life


Gay Male Inhuman
Tallen "mittens" short horn wrote:

Mittens reaches out and lays hands on Mariel, she feels the power of the bison god healing her and protecting her

[dice=lay on hands w/ haunted and Targeted mercies]3d6

Mariel now has Sanctuary for 7 rounds and the will save dc to attack her is 17. Also mittens heals 4 hit points do to reward of life

And Mariel is now at 39 hp. Mittens at 48


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Nice ability. Are those part of the mercies?


yeah and he has the feat reward of life


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82(96/96) | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter) | Shadow's Status |

Jakun frowns, "Damn, Thistle has up and left. I hope my little friend finds his way back to us. We must press on!"

What does the hallway look like before us DM?


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Favoring her side, Caitlyn muttered, "Oof that thing really hurt, I do hope we don't have to go back that way..."

Whirling on Jackun, "Wait what, he's gone?! He didn't even say goodbye." This was turning out to be a very bad day indeed. As much as he'd driven her crazy, Caitlyn was fond of the little Kender and was sorry to see him go.

Noting Jackun examining the hallway, she looks too.
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


Gay Male Inhuman
Jakun Stormhoof wrote:

Jakun frowns, "Damn, Thistle has up and left. I hope my little friend finds his way back to us. We must press on!"

What does the hallway look like before us DM?

I thought you'd bailed out the way you came. But the actions work out the same regardless. Just you'll need to come back this way eventually. :)

Beyond the dwarf-guarded chamber, the Companions find themselves in yet another hall of the same chill, ebon stone as the rest of Skullcap. Some distance ahead, an alcove held an obsidian statue, robed and with an obscured face. It radiated menace. Opposite it stood heavy iron doors.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

She will channel to heal
4d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 5, 1) = 11


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

knw religion 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

"Oh great!" remarked Caitlin upon seeing the robed obsidian statue. She folded her arms and said, "I bet that's the one Jackun was tempted by.."


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82(96/96) | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter) | Shadow's Status |

I think this was the other way down this hall that we were forced to go as the first hallway was a dead end.

"He may turn up again Caitlyn. I've been separated from him before and found him again.

Perhaps it is a statue of Fistandantilus. At least it is a new area to which we have not been before. It feels like we've been down here forever!"

Jakun glides forward his Fly spell still active. He casts Detect Magic once he gets within range of the statue.


Gay Male Inhuman
Mariel Uth Kaldar wrote:

She will channel to heal

4d6

Healing applied.

Mariel knows the statue to be that of Nuitari, the Black Moon that devours, god of evil wizards and dark magic. He lures his followers in promises of swift, easy power and binds them tight with every secret, darkling revelation.

3,551 to 3,600 of 3,819 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Samnell's Dragonlance Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.